PDA

View Full Version : Detecting a creature with Shadow Blend

Virulity
2012-10-19, 03:44 PM
Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

The issue is that one of my friends wants to take the template that grants this (Shadow Creature), but it makes it hard for allies to see him as well. Is there any way around this? For example, someone hits him with a fireball and he's now bleeding out in total concealment, but our Cleric can't heal him.

Winds
2012-10-19, 04:05 PM
That allows him to hide, it doesn't force him to hide. I would think you'd be able to see him in normal circumstances. In your particular case, he might be easier to overlook than most in an emergency, but he won't become invisible just because he isn't moving.

TuggyNE
2012-10-19, 04:08 PM
I suggest permanancy'd telepathic bond, combined with status.

Virulity
2012-10-19, 04:24 PM
I suggest permanancy'd telepathic bond, combined with status.

ooo, that looks perfect.

That allows him to hide, it doesn't force him to hide. I would think you'd be able to see him in normal circumstances. In your particular case, he might be easier to overlook than most in an emergency, but he won't become invisible just because he isn't moving.

I thought that once they activated the ability they had total concealment until they ended the ability? Hide checks would then be only made to determine if you could hear them, since line of sight is impossible against total concealment.

EDIT: Move silently checks, not Hide. We play with pathfinder skills so it would be Stealth, so I get the two mixed up a lot