PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Devixer
2012-10-19, 07:20 PM
There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located Inside, near the Black Dragon's Den.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Inside civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

134 Ninja Drive - a 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja. Player: Mindfreak586

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Crimson Tempest -
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/Other/airship_1896.jpg

The ship was designed with the above image as a base.
The most prominent feature, the flame ring, has been pushed forward towards the front of the ship, while a secondary, lesser flame ring was inserted towards the back. Auxiliary and surplus power supply.
Barriers, that can be turned off as necessary, are constructed around the rings to protect them from light attack.
Primary Elemental Entrapment Ring - PEER
Secondary Elemental Entrapment Ring - SEER

Cannons are installed along the ship, each connected to small elemental rift-batteries to the plane of fire, that allow them to launch bursts of augmented flame in projectile form.

The various rooms within the ship have been magically altered to be Larger On The Inside.
This allows for more ships in a smaller space, keeping the ship's fairly lean. (Player: VampireRot)

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Hallowmere Lake: Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl (players: Happyturtle and Wolfbane)

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
Player: Kid Kris
Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
Further Description, may update. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7286792&postcount=7)

Jake Stevenson's Home: In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a day bed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home. (player: Happyturtle)

Javert's House - It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves. (player: singingnoodle)

Julie's Place - An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate reknown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord. (player: Slii Arhem)

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Marty's: This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.

Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak (players: singingnoodle, Agate 86)

Nabrius' Domain - Located in the depths of Hell, Nabrius' home is rather comfy despite its location. A fireplace provides most of the light in the room. The low, crackling hellfire lights up the carpets floor and the comfy chair and love seat off to the side On the left wall is a small bar, well stocked with wines and champagne, along with some harder drinks. Directly opposite of the fireplace is a bed. Red silk sheets cover it, a curtain hangs ready to be drawn around it, and it's easily large enough for two people to move around freely. The only exit from the room is a single, windowless door opposite of the bar. A small sword rack hangs on the door by the wall, able to hold a single blade. Player: Gulaghar

The Nest/Rael's House - A converted hotel in the Red Zone. It currently houses Rael Kairos, a 300 year old vampire, a large number of strange lifeforms he's created, and a couple of dozen other vampires that he's made.
Break-in attempts are fine, even if Rael isn't home, as the other residents are capable of defending themselves against intruders. If you're just looking to mess with the place, he won't hold a grudge as long as you don't kill or maim any of the sentient inhabitants. Stealing most things is also okay, though any unique things he might come after you to get back. Full scale attacks are also welcome, but he will come after you.
Players: C'nor, Technoscrabble, Beans

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Silvery ship: It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet. (player: Lost Deep)

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

Home 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131051)
Home 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149502)
Home 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9174317#post9174317)
Home 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179236)
Home 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187415)
Home 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201813)
Home 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211808)
Home 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214979)
Home 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222675)
Home 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226203)
Home 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233483)
Home 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249620)

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-19, 09:39 PM
((Oops. Didn't notice.))

[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles and moves to lay her head in Alilia's lap.

So, did you like it?

Beans
2012-10-19, 09:41 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia smiles, stroking her hair; a service drone comes over with two mugs of tea.
Mmhmm! Parks is nice!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-19, 09:50 PM
[Weiss House]

Glad you liked it. We'll have to do a picnic there sometime.

((And gotta go. Night!))

ThirdEmperor
2012-10-19, 10:18 PM
Fortress Mountain

Actually, they haven't.

In many ways, Riv is a better boss than you'd think. Constantly yelling, perpetually angry, unimaginably unreasonable and a truly worthless human being, yes. But at least his employees don't have to face an eternity of being torturously butchered and then dragged back to their life of servitude. If I was stuck doing grunt work for either of the two, I'd pick Excelsior over AMEN any day.

That said, don't mistake any of that for kindness on Riv's part. He's simply too apathetic and drunk to devote more effort than a slew of curse words or spiteful kick in tormenting his minions.

So no, being turned inside out and disassembled alive is definitely the worst thing to over befall poor Lawrencium and Borium, and they scream wretchedly for as long as they have the lungs to do so.

Riv, Riv just starts running like all hell's at his back, a more or less accurate assessment of the situation. He's heading for the huge steel door to the airlock, which has already begun to creak open to facilitate his escape. Which in turn would indicate other eyes on the scene looking to help their 'fearless' leader. Clarissa might wish to finish her business here ASAP. Reinforcements are on the way.

And through all this, Day's been slowly recovering from taking the brunt of a lead hailstorm. Already the shallower of his wounds have vanished, leaving only streaks and splotches of red on otherwise perfect skin in their wake, while the steady flow of blood from his more serious injuries is dwindling to a halt.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-20, 10:39 AM
Love will be able to kiss Evan. Whenever Love stops Evan grins.

All according to plan?

Yup. I can't do all the work for you, though...

Dark Elf Bard
2012-10-20, 10:46 AM
Love will be able to kiss Evan. Whenever Love stops Evan grins.

All according to plan?

Yup. I can't do all the work for you, though...

Beans
2012-10-20, 10:48 AM
[Weiss House]

Glad you liked it. We'll have to do a picnic there sometime.

((And gotta go. Night!))
She nestles closer, nodding.
Soun's nice...

Lost_Deep
2012-10-21, 06:53 PM
Kate's Apartment

Kate opens the door and steps inside.

"Kate, that you?"

"Yeah. Mintbalm's here, do you mind?"

"Mind? No, I want to talk to her."

Kate will wave for Mintbalm to come in.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-21, 07:59 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm steps into the apartment, looking around curiously. It's been a while since she last visited the apartment, and she's trying to pick out anything that changed in the intervening time.

"So what do you want to talk about Sophie? I just came over to change clothes and stuff, since Kate's apartment was closer than the mall." She adds to explain her presence.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-21, 08:20 PM
Kate's Apartment

Sophie is in a tank top. She's surprisingly athletic looking, has a rather wavy and full head of rich brown hair, has an amazing build... at least the parts that are human, anyway. She really lucked out on that.

"Mintbalm, what does it smell like in here to you? I know it sounds odd, but... really, what does it smell like?"

It smells like... a meadow after a rain storm. That kind of fresh, vibrant, this place is full of life smell. In an apartment.

In an apartment.

"And is it just me, or does it feel... odd in here? Or maybe not odd, but... I don't know, comfy? But in an odd way? I don't know."

Mintbalm might notice the fairy magic in the room. It's not too thick, but it is noticeable to people that are familiar with it.

Kate, for example, just looks confused.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-21, 08:53 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Not really odd, no." Mintbalm tilts her head, concentrating a bit to try and feel what Sophie is describing, "Comforting, I guess? It's a very nice apartment. It doesn't smell like an apartment though, you're right. It smells more like a park than the park we just left, only it's like springtime in here instead of autumn like out there."

The pixie shrugs. She had just attributed the smell to an air freshener that Kate had set up. Was it really that odd? She does change the subject once she gets a good look at Sophie though, "Wow, you wound up really pretty like that. Kate mentioned you were having some trouble adjusting though, right? Anything I can do to help?"

Lost_Deep
2012-10-21, 09:01 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Probably not, I don't know... it's just... no offense, but human bodies are kind of needy." She shifts a bit, in that "I'm not sure if I'm comfortable in my body" way.

"Now that you mention it, I smell it, too. Where's that coming from?" Kate goes off, sniffing at the air...

Slii Arhem
2012-10-21, 09:35 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm giggles, "None taken. It gets way easier when you learn some basic fey magic though. I mean, the clothes thing never really stops being an issue unless you want people to yell at you or stare creepily, but you can pretty much take care of the rest with no real effort once you figure out what you can do with your powers." Assuming Sophie didn't pop into Grigdom with oddly specialized powers like hyper-cooking.

"Anyway, Kate can probably change you back if she thinks outside of the box a bit, or I could try. It's really not fair to leave you with half a new body if you don't want it like that."

Lost_Deep
2012-10-21, 09:45 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Well, what kind of powers do fairies have? And how do I use them? I've never had anything to do with magic before." She seems interested now. "I mean, having cool enough magic might make up for this." She tugs on the tank top, obviously uncomfortable with it.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 09:49 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods a little, then snuggles into her wife's lap a little more.

You're so comfy.

Beans
2012-10-21, 09:55 PM
[Weiss]
She giggles, nestling closer.
So's you!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 10:13 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles.

So what do you want to do now, hm?

Beans
2012-10-21, 10:20 PM
[Weiss]
Maybe have fun like earlier... The alien girl smiles softly. Or something else if wants.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 10:31 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel gives a sly grin. Having fun sounds fun. But, we probably won't wanna do much after that, and there's still plenty of time left today.

Oh, I know! We can try out our pool!

Beans
2012-10-21, 10:33 PM
[Weiss House]
She nods excitedly. Ooh! I liking thats!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 10:41 PM
[Weiss House]

Alright then! Rachel will roll off the couch, then stand back up. Gotta get into our suits first.

To the bedroom!

Beans
2012-10-21, 10:43 PM
[Weiss House]
She follows and will change as her player undergoes a hopefully brief deadtime.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 11:04 PM
[Weiss House]

Such deadtime seems to give Rachel the speed advantage on changing and getting to the pool!

Once Alilia gets there, Rachel (http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9034/tek5084c436333523989037.png) is already by the pool, waiting with a grin.

Beans
2012-10-21, 11:29 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia arrives later in a lavender tankini and can't help but admire Rachel, slipping in next to her with a giggle.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-21, 11:41 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles again as she jumps in. She'll let herself sink under for a moment, then quickly kick her way back to the surface.

((And deadtime for the night.))

Slii Arhem
2012-10-22, 10:55 AM
Kate's Apartment

"Well, what kind of powers do fairies have? And how do I use them? I've never had anything to do with magic before." She seems interested now. "I mean, having cool enough magic might make up for this." She tugs on the tank top, obviously uncomfortable with it.

Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm giggles a bit more, "Well, you should be able to use your magic no matter what you look like, now that you're a grig. Fey don't lose their powers just because someone else turns them into a newt. As for just fey in general? It really usually depends on the specific person and what they're good at, but some, like pixies, can do a little bit of everything. I... really don't know how grig magic works mechanically. For pixies, you just make some dust and whatever you want to happen happens through the dust. For grigs, all I've figured out from watching them is that it almost always happens directly through skin contact. So really, all I can think to suggest is touch something, think about what you're good at, and will stuff to happen. If it works even a little, then you'll have something to go on."

Lost_Deep
2012-10-22, 11:23 AM
Kate's Apartment

Sophie thinks for a minute, and then touches one of the straps on her tank top, and... nothing happens. "I kind of wish that magic came with error logs."

"You and me both," comments Kate as she comes out of her room. "I can't figure out where the smell is coming from. It's just all throughout the apartment."

Beans
2012-10-22, 11:37 AM
[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles again as she jumps in. She'll let herself sink under for a moment, then quickly kick her way back to the surface.

((And deadtime for the night.))

Alilia floats next to her, smiling in bliss.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 04:45 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will, with a devious grin, send a big splash to Alilia.

Beans
2012-10-22, 04:47 PM
[Weiss]
The alien girl squeals and giggles, splashing right back at her!

Slii Arhem
2012-10-22, 05:28 PM
Kate's Apartment

Sophie thinks for a minute, and then touches one of the straps on her tank top, and... nothing happens. "I kind of wish that magic came with error logs."

"You and me both," comments Kate as she comes out of her room. "I can't figure out where the smell is coming from. It's just all throughout the apartment."

Kate's Apartment

"Well, just try different things until something works. It might help if you have something easy and general in mind before you start poking stuff, like turning what you poke blue. Since pretty much everything can be turned blue, if it doesn't work then you'll know that whatever you're poking isn't something you magic can work on."

Mintbalm sniffs again, "Are you sure it's not like a really strong air freshener or something? It doesn't really smell artificial, but it could be if it was really good at hiding it."

Lost_Deep
2012-10-22, 05:40 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Or maybe I can't turn things blue..." Sophie sighs.

"If it is air freshener, someone has been sneaking it into my room at night because I haven't been buying any."

Of all the reasons that anyone would want to sneak into a room, hiding expensive air freshener in it is one of the odder ones.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 05:44 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel laughs, clearly enjoying this.

After a moment, she'll dive under, swim to Alilia, and attempt to grab her legs, lift her, and drop her in the water.

Dunking is fun!

Beans
2012-10-22, 05:54 PM
[Weiss House]
Another squeal!

After splashing back to the surface, she bobs excitedly. Again!:smallbiggrin:

Slii Arhem
2012-10-22, 05:55 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm smiles knowingly at Sophie. The new grig was talking and acting like most adolescent fey she knew.

Then Mintbalm has an idea, "Oh! What about that robot vacuum thing I made you once? I kind of just pulled it from somewhere without really knowing what it did. Maybe it has an air freshening program thingy? Did it poof into existence with an owners manual?"

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 05:56 PM
[Weiss House]

With a smile, Rachel obliges.

((Spotty posting rest of the night. Working on a drawing idea that I just can't not do at this point.))

Beans
2012-10-22, 06:02 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia will enjoy being dunked a few more times. She's sometimes like an overgrown little kid.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-22, 07:07 PM
Kate's Apartment

"No, it didn't. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a while..."

"It was around a few days ago." Sophie glances around.

"I haven't noticed any dust build up, so it must still be working..."

"This isn't a big apartment, it has to be in here somewhere."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 07:17 PM
[Weiss House]

Nothing wrong with that.

Rachel certainly has fun doing the dunking. Also kid like herself at times.

Beans
2012-10-22, 07:19 PM
[Weiss]
After a while, she's quite satisfied with the dunking and lays back to relax.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 08:10 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will join her, floating on her back.

Beans
2012-10-22, 08:11 PM
[Weiss]
She reaches for Rachel's hand with a blissful smile.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 08:24 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel takes her wife's hand, matching the smile. She seems quite pleased.

Beans
2012-10-22, 08:26 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia pulls herself gently closer, squeezing Rachel's hand gently.
Love you.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 08:42 PM
[Weiss House]

When close enough, Rachel will kiss Alilia's hand.

Love you, too.

Beans
2012-10-22, 08:47 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia giggles quietly, returning the gesture.
Was little bit nervous first time I heard was getting married, but then we met an' I got all 'xcited...

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 08:58 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods a little.

Me too. I'm glad you were picked, though.

Beans
2012-10-22, 09:03 PM
[Weiss]
Me too!
She nuzzles against Rachel's cheek. Also glad human girls is so pretty.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 09:24 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles. And I'm glad alien girls are pretty.

Beans
2012-10-22, 09:28 PM
[Weiss]
She stops floating on her back, gently leaning her head on Rachel's midriff.
Thanks!
When think we should, uh... making kids happen?

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 09:48 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel definitely wasn't expecting that question. Obviously caught off guard, she takes a moment to answer.

Uh...well...not right away...I mean, I wanna have some time with just you and me. You'd like that too, right?

Beans
2012-10-22, 09:52 PM
[Weiss]
She nods, head still on Rachel's midriff.
Mhmm!
Is good idea.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-22, 10:08 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel gives an inward sigh of relief. It's not that she didn't want kids. Just not yet.

Glad you agree.

Now...how about we make some different kinds of waves in this pool, huh? She gives a sly grin.

And deadtime.

Beans
2012-10-22, 10:43 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia blinks for a second, then understands with a blush and a grin, nodding enthusiastically.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-23, 08:09 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel's grin grows a little, and she quickly brings Alilia towards her for a kiss.

Beans
2012-10-23, 08:20 PM
[Weiss]
She kisses Rachel, holding her close and grinning.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-23, 08:41 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel grins back, then pulls Alilia in for a longer kiss. Her free hand will slowly work its way up and down Alilia's back.

Beans
2012-10-23, 09:11 PM
[Weiss]
She holds the kiss, relaxing into her wife's arms.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-23, 09:32 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will slowly bring them both to the edge of the pool. So they have some kind of support. She'll keep the kissing and back stroking going for now.

Beans
2012-10-23, 09:55 PM
[Weiss]
The alien girl is pretty much perfectly happy right then.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-23, 10:08 PM
[Weiss House]

It's not long before Rachel's lips start exploring elsewhere. And her hands start trying to remove Alilia's swimsuit.

Beans
2012-10-23, 10:13 PM
[Weiss]
And with that, she pulls down the curtain!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-23, 10:31 PM
[Weiss House]

That is going to be one very wet curtain.

And deadtime for me. Night!

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 01:23 PM
Kate's Apartment

"No, it didn't. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a while..."

"It was around a few days ago." Sophie glances around.

"I haven't noticed any dust build up, so it must still be working..."

"This isn't a big apartment, it has to be in here somewhere."

Kate's Apartment

"Maybe it got stuck in a closet? Anyway, I should go change, and you should find something for us to do on your laptop or something. Can I just use your washroom for this?" Mintbalm heads towards the washroom door while she asks, intent on getting on the road quickly instead of standing around and talking about phantom smells.

Beans
2012-10-24, 01:26 PM
[Weiss House]

That is going to be one very wet curtain.

And deadtime for me. Night!

Afterward, Alilia is stretched out on the shallow stairs leading into the pool, panting a little and grinning.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 01:29 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Sure, go ahead." Kate sits down and takes out her laptop.

"It'll probably pop up somewhere. Maybe it finds a place to rest between cleaning frenzies or something..."

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 01:56 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm closes the door behind her, and then peels off the robes as she gets to work with her pixie dust. For power, this level of trickery is relatively low powered, which is fortunate since she needs a lot of power to undo the changes she doesn't want to have be exacerbated while she's out with Kate.

She applies a tiny bit of dust to each piece of clothing, and then to herself before dropping more on the floor and causing some mushrooms to sprout up in the grout in two rings. She gulps and then steps through one, coming out the other entirely naked with the silk clothes piled up in the vanishing faerie circle.

She checks herself over for more changes, finding none, and sighs with relief. She'd convinced both the clothing and her own body that it was still on her and then Walked through, leaving them behind. Of course, as soon as she touches them all again they're going to jump right back on her and unload all those changes on her as her trickery is broken by the contact unless she does something about that, but she's figured out how to get around Vriveka's tricks without going in the exact order required so she's happy.

First, she runs her hands over her neck, removing the organs that the silk outfit created there before doing the same for the stingers on her legs. The tails are next, and after some thought the spinnerets. The scales can stay. She grabs the robe, tossing it on over her naked body before walking back out to see what Kate might have come up with. After today she'll probably want to seek out Vriveka to tell her what she figured out, but she's going to enjoy a bit of time with Kate first.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 02:19 PM
Kate's Apartment

Kate's sitting on the couch, typing on her laptop. Sophie is crawling around on the countertop, messing with a thimble and the faucet... ah, she needs to actually drink water now that she has a human mouth.

"So, what happened with your cheek? Is it going to be staying?"

"Nah, it's supposed to be temporary."

"You can hope, I guess."

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 02:43 PM
Kate's Apartment

"It is, it happened before when I was first getting used to those clothes. They're already more fleshy than they were when I first poked you Kate." Mintbalm says as she closes the bathroom door behind her, "I left them in a pile on the bathroom floor, but I'll grab them when we get back alright? Find anything interesting we could go do?"

The pixie tries flopping on the couch next to Kate casually so she can peer at what's on the laptop's screen.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 02:53 PM
Kate's Apartment

"There's a few movies in town, but most of them are looking poor. A few things that might be good... this one looks good, but I don't want to see anything with so much gore at movie theater rates." Come on, how much-oh, Boatmurdered: the Movie. Yeah... maybe not. "There is one place in town where people vote for what movie they want, and they have some good stuff, but there is the chance that the diplomacy works against us." Kate clicks around a bit more. "Let me see... oh, I recognize some of these movies-they made an avengers movie? Man... oh, Wall-E... no, I don't want to bother going to a theater to see that..."

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 05:02 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm shrugs at the suggestions, "I... don't even really know what most of that stuff is. Maybe a movie is a bad idea. Is there anything else going on tonight?" Something more active than sitting in a dark theater perhaps, even though she'd thought it was a good idea at first.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 05:27 PM
Kate's Apartment

"I don't know. Maybe there's something interesting in one of the museums?"

Kate proceeds to close that tab and Mintbalm will get a glimpse of a picture of an ad for a costume party (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14087711&postcount=363) before Kate opens a new tab and begins searching museums.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 06:13 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm's quick to grab Kate's hand when she sees the word "party", trying to stop her from moving on, "Wait, what was that about a party? That sounds fun, right?" Already, she's nearly bouncing on her seat at the prospect. She hasn't been to a real party since forever ago!

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 06:32 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Uh, this is a "post" on the wall. Some guy goes out and takes pictures of it and puts them on the internet... are you familiar with the wall? Anyway, I guess we could go to that... but I think it's on Halloween, which is a bit away from now." Kate looks over the advertisement and silently notices that there is no "Party" in the advertisement.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 07:36 PM
Kate's Apartment

Silly Kate, Mintbalm knows what a "soiree" is, and knows when to sniff out a party.

In any case, the pixie nods absently when she's asked about the Wall. She's checked it a few times, but doesn't really hang around it all that often, "Halloween huh? Well, we could maybe see a movie tonight, and then if you're not doing anything on Halloween we could go to that together too. Maybe Sophie could come with, just to get out of the house?" She looks over at the grig with an expectant grin.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 08:32 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel was in a similar position next to her wife, a large, toothy grin on her face.

Wow...

Beans
2012-10-24, 08:38 PM
[Weiss]
She stretches and smiles, slowly sitting up.
Fun!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 08:51 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel stays laying down for now. Seems Alilia had more stamina than her.

She does nod in agreement though.

Yeah, you can say that again...

Hey, how far did you throw my bikini? I can't see it.

Beans
2012-10-24, 08:56 PM
[Weiss]
She giggles and, doing a bit more stretching, stands up, wobbling a little as she steps off the concrete pool edge and into the grass to find the item in question on a decorative boulder; she comes back with it, her own swimsuit at the pool's far corner.
Finded it!
She shivers, however, noticing how the temperature dropped while they were... occupied.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 09:01 PM
Kate's Apartment

"I... guess I have a costume. I may have to turn it back from allowing my dragon form, but I could use it."

"Wait, let me crawl over and look at it." Sophie will drop down and begin to crawl across the floor.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 09:03 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles at how far Alilia had to walk to get it. She had a good arm.

Then the shiver. With Rachel having one of her own. She finally drags herself up and wraps her arms around herself. Yep, time for going inside now. Rachel will quickly head inside and start a fire in the fireplace.

Beans
2012-10-24, 09:08 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia scampers in after her with the odd two-beat rhythm she owes to her pegleg, carrying the swimsuits. She returns to the living room with a pair of bathrobes and a few towels.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 09:13 PM
Kate's Apartment

"I... guess I have a costume. I may have to turn it back from allowing my dragon form, but I could use it."

"Wait, let me crawl over and look at it." Sophie will drop down and begin to crawl across the floor.

Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm waits patiently for Sophie to come see the wallpost so she can decide for herself whether or not she can come. She's already going over all the awesome costumes she could use in her head, and would be squealing if she didn't want Kate to not be put off and back out.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 09:17 PM
[Weiss House]

Just in time. The fire is now of appropriate size for warming up.

Rachel will take the towel and robe with thanks, then give herself a quick dry with the towel before donning the robe. She'll lay the towel on the floor in front of the fire and sit on it. And request a couple mugs of cocoa from the servant drones.

Beans
2012-10-24, 09:24 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia follows suit, sitting next to her wife and putting an arm around her shoulders. Outside, it starts to rain heavily.
Think mi've ac'dently hit you withs pegleg earlier She giggles. Sorries. She may indeed have, and managed to bonk her other leg with it; a small bruise is already in the works there, but clearly not enough to dampen her mood as she lays her still-damp head against Rachel's shoulder.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 09:30 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods, then pats Alilia's hand on her shoulder.

That's fine. Totally worth it.

She'll take a sip from her mug, then lean her head onto Alilia's.

Beans
2012-10-24, 09:34 PM
[Weiss House]
She snuggles closer and murmurs something in her native tongue for a little while, eventually gently sitting up.
Think dry 'nuff now. Wait here, I get jammies and blankets!

Lost_Deep
2012-10-24, 09:42 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm waits patiently for Sophie to come see the wallpost so she can decide for herself whether or not she can come. She's already going over all the awesome costumes she could use in her head, and would be squealing if she didn't want Kate to not be put off and back out.

Sophie takes a bit to crawl up the couch and onto Kate's lap, but then reads the ad.

"Honestly, this looks like an evil plan. It goes on about the masquerade aspect, but that can be waved off as the person really wanting to have a Halloween masquerade. The overall creepiness is similarly written off by saying that it's a Halloween event and the person is just good at advertising, but there are two things I notice that should be bright red flags."

"First, at the very end he says he has evil cackling to do. Red flag. I know it seems too stupid to be true, but this is the nexus. The impossible is every day here."

"Second, it's taking place at an abandoned casino. As far as I know, there is only one notable casino in inside, and it just so happens that it's been out of business for a bit now... the Gambling League of Gambling, run by the world's most successful business cyborg."

"Oh my goodness... MaGLoG is more or less the only place that matches that description. I should have thought of that. I mean, I noticed the threat of evil laughter but I hadn't really taken that seriously. Of course, as soon as it became a serious consideration I should have re-read it seriously."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 09:44 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods, and finds herself wondering what Alilia said in her language. She might ask later.

Beans
2012-10-24, 09:49 PM
[Weiss]
She's been saying things in her language here and there, both during fun times of fun and in more tranquil moments. She comes back in jammies with a little happy cloud on the shirt, bringing a pair of Rachel's sleepwear along as well; in addition, the alien girl brought a nice blanket.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 09:53 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will set her mug on the floor, then change into the jammies brought for her. Once both are changed, she'll wrap the blanket around them.

Beans
2012-10-24, 09:57 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia smiles and snuggles closer.
A rather loud thunderclap makes her squeak in surprise and cling to Rachel. W-w's that?!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 10:02 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel gives a slight chuckle at Alilia's reaction.

Just some thunder. Don't worry. It can't get in here.

You don't have many storms back in your home?

Slii Arhem
2012-10-24, 10:04 PM
Sophie takes a bit to crawl up the couch and onto Kate's lap, but then reads the ad.

"Honestly, this looks like an evil plan. It goes on about the masquerade aspect, but that can be waved off as the person really wanting to have a Halloween masquerade. The overall creepiness is similarly written off by saying that it's a Halloween event and the person is just good at advertising, but there are two things I notice that should be bright red flags."

"First, at the very end he says he has evil cackling to do. Red flag. I know it seems too stupid to be true, but this is the nexus. The impossible is every day here."

"Second, it's taking place at an abandoned casino. As far as I know, there is only one notable casino in inside, and it just so happens that it's been out of business for a bit now... the Gambling League of Gambling, run by the world's most successful business cyborg."

"Oh my goodness... MaGLoG is more or less the only place that matches that description. I should have thought of that. I mean, I noticed the threat of evil laughter but I hadn't really taken that seriously. Of course, as soon as it became a serious consideration I should have re-read it seriously."

Kate's Apartment

"Okay, but that can't be Magtok, because that's not his texty-thing. I remember, he was up a few things and he writes in grey. It's probably in his casino, but I bet you anything someone else is hosting it. Besides, we won't know if it's jokey evil or evil evil unless we go, and it's going to kill me if I miss out on something like this. If you're not up to going, I might just go it alone."

Beans
2012-10-24, 10:16 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel gives a slight chuckle at Alilia's reaction.

Just some thunder. Don't worry. It can't get in here.

You don't have many storms back in your home?
She shakes her head.
Not like thats... just li'l spinny ones...
She relaxes a bit, knowing her cool, collected bride will keep her safe from the evil loud noises.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 10:29 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel thinks on that.

Huh. Tornadoes, but not thunder and lightning. She shrugs.

As long as you're inside, lightning can't do anything to you. So we're fine.

Beans
2012-10-24, 10:37 PM
[Weiss]
She nods, arm around Rachel's waist under the blankets, and finishes her cocoa.
I think tronaders is bigger... ones back home littler, like tel'phone pole.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 10:39 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods a little.

I think those would still be tornadoes. Just...little ones. Baby tornadoes.

Beans
2012-10-24, 10:46 PM
[Weiss House]
She thinks about that for a moment and giggles, then rubs her glossy black eyes and yawns.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 10:55 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel snuggles her a little more.

Aw, is my little Ali tired? She grins.

Beans
2012-10-24, 10:59 PM
[Weiss]
She nods, yawning again.
Mm-hmm. Ver'tired...
She gently starts to stand and head for the bedroom, as long as Rachel lets her.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:02 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel does. In fact, she'll hand their mugs to a drone, grab the blanket, and follow Alilia. So she can snuggle with her in bed.

Beans
2012-10-24, 11:08 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia is quite eager to nestle close, resting her head on Rachel's chest almost immediately.
Comfy!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:10 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will wrap her arms around Alilia with a content smile.

Sure is.

Beans
2012-10-24, 11:16 PM
[Weiss House]
Let's more a'venturing tomorrows...
She yawns again, approaching sleep rapidly.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:18 PM
[Weiss House]

Eyes closed, Rachel gives a slight nod.

Sure thing...

Beans
2012-10-24, 11:22 PM
[Weiss House]
Love you, phs tse...
That last little phrase, one word more an odd exhalation and the other oddly kept at the back of the throat, has come up in this context quite often lately.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:25 PM
[Weiss House]

And curiosity strikes again!!!!

Hey, Ali? What does that mean?

Beans
2012-10-24, 11:31 PM
[Weiss]
She wakes a little and smiles.
Means I keep you here.
She moves one of Rachel's hands to rest over her heart.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:38 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel gives a warm smile. She'll give Alilia a kiss.

Well, then, phs tse.

...eh, she wasn't too bad at it. Could've been a lot worse.

Beans
2012-10-24, 11:42 PM
[Weiss House]
The grey-skinned girl giggles.
Will have to teach you speak some tomorrow.
She yawns again settling back down.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-24, 11:46 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles, gives Alilia a final kiss goodnight, and settles in herself.

And deadtime for me.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-25, 09:37 AM
Kate's Apartment

"Okay, but that can't be Magtok, because that's not his texty-thing. I remember, he was up a few things and he writes in grey. It's probably in his casino, but I bet you anything someone else is hosting it. Besides, we won't know if it's jokey evil or evil evil unless we go, and it's going to kill me if I miss out on something like this. If you're not up to going, I might just go it alone."

Kate is quiet for a moment. She looks at mintbalm, then back at the ad. "I think I'll go, too, if you help me fix my costume."

Sophie shrugs. "Have fun, you two. I don't have a costume, anyway."

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:05 AM
[Weiss]
In the morning, Alilia sits up with a yawn and stretches.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-25, 10:15 AM
Kate is quiet for a moment. She looks at mintbalm, then back at the ad. "I think I'll go, too, if you help me fix my costume."

Sophie shrugs. "Have fun, you two. I don't have a costume, anyway."

Kate's Apartment

"But if you don't go then you'll be leaving me to get gobbled up by evil culti- wait, wait... wait. You're going? Yay!" Mintbalm uses what momentum she can build up to try to tacklehug Kate despite them being side by side on the couch. She is a bit offput by Sophie refusing, but she supposes that Kate and Sophie probably don't go out together all that often.

"Can I see your costume? If I'm gonna help fix it I guess I kind of have to."

Lost_Deep
2012-10-25, 10:28 AM
Kate's Apartment

Kate yeeps in surprise, having not expected that. Sophie, on the other hand, reflexively jumps off of Kate's lap... and winds up near the top of the far wall.

"What the-how did I jump this far?"

Kate takes a moment to regain her composure and then says, "It's in my closet, just let me up and I'll show you."

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 10:40 AM
Weiss House

Rachel simply mumbles slightly and flails her arms and legs a bit as she rolls onto her stomach.

Still not a morning person.

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:43 AM
[Weiss]
Alilia giggles and rubs her wife's back.
Morning, Ray-Ray.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 04:59 PM
Weiss House

Rachel gives a small smile at the back rub.

...mmm...nope...more sleep...

Hm...guess that won't work.

Beans
2012-10-25, 05:11 PM
[Weiss]
She decides to be a little cheeky, leaning in to nibble Rachel's ear, whispering something in her native tongue. It could be something awfully dirty... or instructions on how to fix a TV, I dunno. I don't speak Ishai!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 06:18 PM
Weiss House

Rachel smiles again and leans into Alilia a little. She seems to be enjoying that.

Beans
2012-10-25, 06:27 PM
[Weiss]
She nips a little harder, trying to get her to waken fully.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-25, 07:33 PM
Kate's Apartment

Kate yeeps in surprise, having not expected that. Sophie, on the other hand, reflexively jumps off of Kate's lap... and winds up near the top of the far wall.

"What the-how did I jump this far?"

Kate takes a moment to regain her composure and then says, "It's in my closet, just let me up and I'll show you."

Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm giggles giddily at Sophie, "If you have to ask, it was probably magic." She responds before reluctantly unlocking her arms from around Kate's waist.

"Let's go see it then." The pixie says as she gets up from the couch.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 07:45 PM
[Weiss House]

Now the smile goes away.

Ow...

Rachel turns her head to face Alilia. She doesn't seem upset. Just slightly annoyed.

Okay, okay...I'll get up...

Beans
2012-10-25, 07:47 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia frowns a little, not expecting to have actively annoyed her wife.
Sorry.
Go'd too far.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-25, 07:50 PM
Kate's Apartment

Kate will guide Mintbalm to her closet, and open it... the RooMag will pop out, and immediately come to the conclusion that the bed is dirty and go about trying to clean it. Kate gives it a look and then pulls the outfit out of her closet. It's a white dress (kinda cheap,) a porcelain mask, some white things to go under it, and five colored sashes: one in every one of the primary and secondary colors except orange.

The main issue is that there are holes in the back of the dress for wings and a tail.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 08:10 PM
[Weiss House]

Oh, Rachel's annoyance isn't directed at Alilia. It's directed at having to get up in the morning. She loathed it.

Rachel gives a smile, then props herself into a sitting position, reaches over, and pulls Alilia into a hug.

Aw, don't worry. It's nothing you did. I just don't like mornings.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-25, 08:11 PM
Kate's Apartment

Mintbalm tilts her head at the costume's look, trying to make heads or tails of it, "So what the heck is it supposed to be? Also, you just need the holes in the back removed, right?" The pixie asks while she reaches for the dress so that she can turn it over in her hands and see if any other changes need to be made.

Beans
2012-10-25, 08:13 PM
[Weiss House]

Oh, Rachel's annoyance isn't directed at Alilia. It's directed at having to get up in the morning. She loathed it.

Rachel gives a smile, then props herself into a sitting position, reaches over, and pulls Alilia into a hug.

Aw, don't worry. It's nothing you did. I just don't like mornings.
The alien girl hugs back, happy not to have upset Rachel.
Will remember Ray-Ray not mornings person.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 08:27 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles.

Yeah, never did like getting up. But, if I have to, then I have to. I'll just complain about it while I do it.

Lost_Deep
2012-10-25, 08:29 PM
Kate's Apartment

"A porcelain maiden, I guess? It was mainly to maximize the fashion value and augment my hair, since I was going to a fancy masquerade. As far as I know, the holes are the only issue."

It would seem that the holes are the only problem.

"I guess if we could improve it somehow that wouldn't be a bad idea."

Beans
2012-10-25, 08:30 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel chuckles.

Yeah, never did like getting up. But, if I have to, then I have to. I'll just complain about it while I do it.

Is time for me to teaches words!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 08:37 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel smiles, then holds up a finger.

Let me get my coffee first. I won't remember any of it other wise.

With that, Rachel will stand, stretch, and head to the kitchen.

Beans
2012-10-25, 08:43 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia will wait, trying to decide how much of the basic stuff and how much of the fun stuff to teach.

Slii Arhem
2012-10-25, 08:47 PM
Kate's Apartment

"A porcelain maiden, I guess? It was mainly to maximize the fashion value and augment my hair, since I was going to a fancy masquerade. As far as I know, the holes are the only issue."

It would seem that the holes are the only problem.

"I guess if we could improve it somehow that wouldn't be a bad idea."

Kate's Apartment

"Like a fancy doll? That's kind of neat. I don't really see how we could improve it, unless we found a wig or something to add to it with curly black hair maybe." Mintbalm generates a handful of dust and spirnkles it over the holes in the fabric. They swiftly unravel and reknit themselves whole. The fabric will be thinner over where the holes were since Minty was just reusing old thread, but it won't be visibly so.

While she's at it, she drops a bit of dust over herself and the robe she's wearing shrinks into a short black dress, sans hood. It'll be decent enough for a night at the movies.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 08:48 PM
[Weiss House]

A short time later, Rachel comes back with her much needed mug of coffee. Half gone already.

She'll sit cross-legged on the bed, facing Alilia.

Alright, my brain's awake enough now.

Beans
2012-10-25, 08:51 PM
[Weiss]
She smiles and begins teaching her a mix of normal, everyday words like household objects and food... and some more fun things. :smalltongue:
She tries to make it as easy as possible for Rachel.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 08:56 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel catches on fairly easily. She has some trouble with some pronunciations, just because human vocal chords have a certain limit to the sounds that they can produce. But, she does what she can.

Beans
2012-10-25, 08:58 PM
[Weiss]
She has her practice the words, and seems pretty happy with how well she does.
Good for first timer!

Lost_Deep
2012-10-25, 08:59 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Nah, like I said, it works my orange hair into the outfit. Thanks, Mintbalm."

Kate seems slightly awkward for some reason. It's nothing horrible, but just slightly awkward.

Maybe it's the fact that Mintbalm just changed into a short black dress which would be immensely overdressed even if this was some kind of romantic outing. You can tell it's not a romantic outing because Kate isn't abandoning ship faster than you can say "Antidisestablishmentarianism".

"Er... Mintbalm, that's a bit overdressed."

See? She's not even so awkward that her social skills are breaking down. That means that she's less awkward than most times she meets a stranger.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 09:05 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel grins, clearly pleased with herself.

What can I say? You're a great teacher!

Beans
2012-10-25, 09:08 PM
[Weiss House]
She grins.
Is especially good pronouncings on the fun words.
Alilia giggles, blushing pleasedly.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 09:13 PM
[Weiss House]

Hey, I know which ones are important. Rachel gives a sly wink, then finishes her mug.

Beans
2012-10-25, 09:24 PM
[Weiss]
So, where go today?

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 09:27 PM
[Weiss House]

Well... Rachel thinks for a moment, then shrugs a little. I guess we could go in the city and find a restaurant or something.

Beans
2012-10-25, 09:29 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia nods, liking that idea.
Okays!
Will shower. You too? She winks.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 09:31 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel grins, then nods.

Oh, of course, of course. She'll leave her mug on the table for a drone to pick up, then head to the bathroom.

Beans
2012-10-25, 09:34 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia turns the water on, lets it get warm, and undresses to step in! She'll be happy to help get Rachel nice and clean when she comes in.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 09:38 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel follows shortly after. And does not object at all to Alilia cleaning her. She'll even return the favor.

((Short deadtime. Maybe half hour.))

Beans
2012-10-25, 09:39 PM
[Weiss]
Soon they're two squeaky-clean young ladies; Alilia helps her wife dry off too, giggling.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 10:16 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel giggles as well, and returns the favor.

And then, cannot resist the urge to tickle Alilia's stomach. Sorry. Can't help it.

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:31 PM
[Weiss]
She squeals in laughter, apparently very ticklish.
Will consider forgiving.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 10:35 PM
[Weiss House]

Well, that got Rachel to stop.

Forgiving? Huh? You lost me, Ali.

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:38 PM
[Weiss]
... Is joke.
You said sorry for tickles, so...
Unless that wasn't supposed to be Rachel saying "sorry can't help it" in which case the forgiveness was never brought up in the first place and she just dried her hair and stuff. :smallredface:

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 10:46 PM
[Weiss House]

Yeah. That was me saying it.

Yay dried hair!

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:48 PM
[Weiss]
Yay!
She stretches, admiring Rachel.
Ray-Ray is pretty!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 10:52 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel blushes a little as she pulls on some panties.

Aw, thanks. You're beautiful yourself.

Beans
2012-10-25, 10:55 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia gives her a kiss, dressing beside her.
Thankies.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-25, 11:13 PM
[Weiss House]

Once dressed, Rachel will go and kiss Alilia on the cheek.

You're welcome.

And deadtimes for me.

Beans
2012-10-26, 07:20 AM
[Weiss]
She smiles and goes to get some breakfast going!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-26, 09:47 AM
[Weiss House]

Rachel will follow and help with what she can.

Beans
2012-10-26, 10:50 AM
[Weiss]
Soon they have a breakfast of much tastiness!

Slii Arhem
2012-10-26, 11:32 AM
Kate's Apartment

"Nah, like I said, it works my orange hair into the outfit. Thanks, Mintbalm."

Kate seems slightly awkward for some reason. It's nothing horrible, but just slightly awkward.

Maybe it's the fact that Mintbalm just changed into a short black dress which would be immensely overdressed even if this was some kind of romantic outing. You can tell it's not a romantic outing because Kate isn't abandoning ship faster than you can say "Antidisestablishmentarianism".

"Er... Mintbalm, that's a bit overdressed."

See? She's not even so awkward that her social skills are breaking down. That means that she's less awkward than most times she meets a stranger.

Kate's Apartment

"Huh?" Mintbalm looks down curiously, then shrugs, "I guess, but it was just easier to make the robes into this instead of splitting them up into pants and a shirt. Breaking things apart like that never goes right, and I'd have to hem them as well... Bleh, it's just a mess. It'd be less frustrating just to make new clothes, but making them at this size takes up a bunch of energy, and I don't want to be nodding off in the middle of the movie." See? Minty didn't want to make you uncomfortable Kate, she was just doing the quickest and easiest thing she could come up with so that they could go out.

"I could cheat and multiply some dust I guess, but I'd rather do that outside. Making so much pixie dust in an enclosed space can cause build up, and then all kinds of weirdness can happen."

Lost_Deep
2012-10-26, 11:36 AM
Kate's Apartment

"Okay. That makes sense." Kate will head towards the door. "What kind of weirdness?"

Slii Arhem
2012-10-26, 11:51 AM
Kate's Apartment

"Just general fey stuff. When pixie dust evaporates, the magic doesn't disappear, it just turns into gas-stuff and floats off. If there isn't room for it to float, then it'll just build up like any other gas and get more and more dense. You remember all the bright colours in the Land Between where I used to live? That's one example of really dense magic. All your senses get sharper while you're in it, even if you don't notice at first. Oh! And manmade stuff tends to kind of naturalize itself if it gets really bad. The only electronic stuff that was normal in the Land was all protected by the upside-down clouds, remember? Even your leg-thingies got turned into crystals and stuff." That's about all the pixie knows about fey magic buildup, besides the obvious "turns things into fey eventually" that pretty much everyone knows.

Once they get outside, Mintbalm will draw a little circle in the air with a pinch of dust, and force a single mote of the sparkling magic through it, multiplying it a thousand times from one side to the other. The cheated dust quickly solidifies into a pair of beige shorts and a forest green tank top.

"There, want me to go back real quick and change?"

Lost_Deep
2012-10-26, 12:01 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Sure, go ahead."

Mintbalm may be interrupted by the RooMag suddenly zipping past and landing on top of a table lamp.

"I wonder if I can take that into Eliza... well, maybe I can figure out how to re-start it and see if that fixes it."

Slii Arhem
2012-10-26, 12:55 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Sure, go ahead."

Mintbalm may be interrupted by the RooMag suddenly zipping past and landing on top of a table lamp.

"I wonder if I can take that into Eliza... well, maybe I can figure out how to re-start it and see if that fixes it."

Kate's Apartment

"It's still cleaning stuff, right? So long as it doesn't hurt anyone zipping around like that, there's probably no harm in leaving it be." Live and let live says Minty, as she heads into the bathroom to quickly change. She tosses the black dress over the silk outfit as she leaves, coming out in something that more closely matches her usual attire.

"Alright, let's go then?"

Lost_Deep
2012-10-26, 01:18 PM
Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, let's go."

"Have fun, you two. Try to come home human and intact. Pixie and intact." Sophie gives a casual wave as they leave.

And unless Mintbalm has anything more to say or do, they can go.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-26, 02:58 PM
Weiss House

Rachel is happy with the meal.

Good stuff. So, we ready to go?

Beans
2012-10-26, 02:59 PM
[Weiss]
Alilia nods, standing up.
Let's going!

KerfuffleMach2
2012-10-26, 04:09 PM
Weiss House

Rachel smiles, nods, and leads the way to Inside!

((You'll have to post there first. I did the last post there.))

The Alexandrian
2012-10-29, 09:32 PM
Fortress Mountain

Actually, they haven't.

In many ways, Riv is a better boss than you'd think. Constantly yelling, perpetually angry, unimaginably unreasonable and a truly worthless human being, yes. But at least his employees don't have to face an eternity of being torturously butchered and then dragged back to their life of servitude. If I was stuck doing grunt work for either of the two, I'd pick Excelsior over AMEN any day.

That said, don't mistake any of that for kindness on Riv's part. He's simply too apathetic and drunk to devote more effort than a slew of curse words or spiteful kick in tormenting his minions.

So no, being turned inside out and disassembled alive is definitely the worst thing to over befall poor Lawrencium and Borium, and they scream wretchedly for as long as they have the lungs to do so.

Riv, Riv just starts running like all hell's at his back, a more or less accurate assessment of the situation. He's heading for the huge steel door to the airlock, which has already begun to creak open to facilitate his escape. Which in turn would indicate other eyes on the scene looking to help their 'fearless' leader. Clarissa might wish to finish her business here ASAP. Reinforcements are on the way.

And through all this, Day's been slowly recovering from taking the brunt of a lead hailstorm. Already the shallower of his wounds have vanished, leaving only streaks and splotches of red on otherwise perfect skin in their wake, while the steady flow of blood from his more serious injuries is dwindling to a halt.

[Fortress Mountain]

Doing grunt work for AMEN or Excelsior... Yuck! Isn't there a third option? Like, I dunno, filching everybody's stuff or smashing a bunch of dudes and living at GLoG as a villain in the redemption program? :smalltongue:

And Riv isn't running away! Oh no! He's bravely advancing in the other direction! Charge, Riv! Charge!

I remember Riv before Excelsior. He battled in that arena-thread all day every day. He was pretty darn social too! What happened to the good ol' days, Riv? Where did all that time go?

Riv is free to escape! Lawrencium and Borium, on the other hand, aren't even free to die! Nope! Clarissa attempts to reform into her humanoid vessel, effectively reversing her transformation, before attempting to weave a powerful healing spell and cast it on what little remains of Lawrencium and Borium. She desires Lawrencium and Borium to live on to tell the tale of what befalls people who shoot at her and people she favors. If all that transpires does so according to her design, Lawrencium and Borium should heal slowly over the course of a week or two.

And now it is time to lend Day a helping hand! Clarissa attempts to cast a rapid heal serious wounds on Day and slip a key into one of his pockets. A key to the chocolate truck!

And she attempts to whisper a sentence or two to him in a soft voice that might be fly under the radar of the eavesdroppers and be registered as inaudible. Then again, it may not. It isn't magical or anything special. It is simply quiet.

"If you're ever near Inside and require assistance, you know where to find me. AMEN."

Clarissa will be porting out in my next post, probably!

ThirdEmperor
2012-10-29, 10:41 PM
Fortress Mountain

Oh, plenty. The loss of his powers, his arm, then his memories. A failed attempt at actually helping people. A million little indignities agitating an already dangerously instable mind. Phil. The worsening of an already severe drinking problem.

But let's not worry about him. It's Clarissa who should be worrying. 'cause porting outta here? Not an option. The whole base past the airlock is under the effects of an high-powered anti-teleport field, keeping transit in or out limited to the old fashioned, out-dated method of walking.

Or flying. Or, say, diving into an elevator shaft and using your wings to slow the descent at the last possible second, allowing for a landing that might not qualify as 'graceful' but still keeps both legs intact. And any landing you can walk away from is a good enough landing in Icarus's book.

The winged supersoldier crashes onto the lift between Clarissa and his younger brother, staggering slightly before righting himself into a fighting stance. A variant of muay thai if you want to be specific. And slung over one shoulder is the most curious weapon, somewhat like a flamethrower, a canister clipped into a metal frame and hooked up to a nozzle by a series of clear plastic tubes. However, it lacks the 'pilot light' used by flamethrowers to actually ignite the fuel.

The Alexandrian
2012-10-30, 12:39 AM
[Fortress Mountain]

Oh yeah. Phil. He was the catalyst for Excelsior's isolation and isolation policy, wasn't he?

... Khaaaannnn! Phiiiillllll! :smalltongue:

Dangit! Icarus actually took the time to read Day's reports on Clarissa! That's...that's frightening. Clarissa's weaknesses might've been spelled out therein but...why would anyone waste their time reading or even skimming a report on a combatant that he/she probably would never-ever face? Because that's a freeze ray/freeze cannon/ice thrower he's armed with! And that's bad news for Clarissa! Very, very bad news!

So... That leads me to the conclusion that Icarus is...reading reports...for...fun? Yikes!

Time to gum up the works! Clarissa attempts to sling a glob of thick, viscous black adhesive up the barrel of the ice thrower.

"Do we really have to do this or can I gift you a key to a chocolate truck and take my leave. You guys shot first, and I could try cutting through your lines, but I'm not in the mood right now, y'know."

Clarissa isn't being cheeky like Spiderman. She's being fantastically sincere! But if it is a fight Icarus wants, it is a fight Icarus will get.

ThirdEmperor
2012-10-30, 02:22 AM
Fortress Mountain

Or, just maybe, Day coulda read the reports while he was studying the sample of Clarissa Prometheus sent him. They're still a hivemind y'know.

Not that I'm saying Icarus doesn't read reports for fun. He might. He's crazy that way. On the other hand, he might not, being a man with little time to talk and even less to say. Fr'instance, his response to Clarissa; An extremely concise and to the point argument, consisting entirely of a lightning-quick snap kick aimed at her jaw.

And I do mean 'lightning-quick' in as close to the literal sense as it can get without tearing his leg off. While Icarus isn't as strong as Prometheus was, what he lacks for in strength is more than made up for with speed and finesse. He fights with an almost robotically perfect form, every last inefficiency shaved away over hours, days, weeks, even months of training.

Oh, and did I mention he's wearing steel-toe shoes?

The Alexandrian
2012-10-30, 04:28 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Bleh! I'm happy that I don't have anyone talking to me every single minute of every single day! I'd go crazy! And I wouldn't remember half of what was said. Then again, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning. >.< But maybe that's due to breakfast being breakfast and nothing that carries much weight.

Anyway, Wrath takes a step back as her jaw is viciously kicked. It helps that her jaw doesn't have a single bone in it apart from teeth. Doesn't stop the practiced kick from hurting something awful, though! As though it were a rubber band, Clarissa's jaw elastically bends as Icarus strikes it.

A (mentally) sore Clarissa attempts to retaliate with a devastating kick to a region that should really, really hurt Icarus if Icarus is able to procreate (or, if Clarissa lands this attack, possibly was able to procreate :smalltongue:).

She's a honorless villain! It is perfectly acceptable for her to fight dirty!

ThirdEmperor
2012-10-30, 06:17 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Ah, the groin kick, a classic tool in the arsenal of any dishonorable cad of a villain. Effective and ruthless, but easily countered. All Icarus has to do is turn and Clarissa's foot hammers into the side of his hip instead of certain far more vulnerable... parts. That's still a solid hit, forcing him to shift his weight to the opposite side or fall, but it's better than the alternative.

A half-step forward and Icarus is back on offensive, snapping out his right wing to strike at the side of Clarissa's noggin, then following up with a strong right hook towards the guts. Trading blows with a being considerably more resilient than he isn't ideal, but Icarus isn't trying to pummel Clarissa unconscious. Just force her back far enough for him to employ the freeze-ray.

And by the looks of it, he might not be fighting alone long. Although Riv has fled and Lawrencium and Borium have mercifully lost consciousness by this point, Day is beginning to stir, wounds gone with only bloodstains and tears in his clothes to remember them by.

The Alexandrian
2012-10-30, 10:48 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Icarus brawling like a pugilist who boxes with his feet prompts Clarissa to close the distance between herself and Icarus. It is much, much harder to accelerate to breakneck speeds (or, more suitably, breakleg speeds) over an arc length of an inch compared to one of two or three feet! That kick was painful, man! Clarissa hopes her next move will cramp his windup and cushion his pitch! When Icarus dares to smack Clarissa with his wing thrust, Clarissa attempts to snag his wing before he can pull it back to his side. It might connect and the hook to her gut might hit its mark, but Clarissa won't let go of Icarus's aperture if she can do anything to prevent it! It helps that she doesn't need to breathe unless she wants to talk, strictly speaking, so forcing the air out of her "lungs," while an altogether unpleasant punishment, doesn't stagger her as much as it would your average human being. Doesn't stop her nausea from spiking either, which isn't fun for her by any dictionary's definition of the word! And Icarus using Wing Attack on Clarissa's head riles her up like nothing else! That's insult and injury! Most wings aren't offensive weapons to open with! They're humiliating finishers at most! Most of them are supported by a framework of hollow, fragile bones! And feathers aren't the most aerodynamic structures under the sky...generally...I think!

She'll spend a split second recovering before trying to tackle Icarus at this point if she hasn't captured Icarus's wing, but if she has successfully seized his wing, she'll attempt to tug it toward her and attempt to force it to bend in the direction it isn't designed to bend, maneuvering behind Icarus if he offers her an opening with which to do so.

She only wants to escape from this madhouse! She refuses to be caged like an animal by mortals...she hopes!

ThirdEmperor
2012-10-30, 11:36 PM
Fortress Mountain

Oh, I dunno. Hollow bones can still be pretty tough when they're bolstered by stuff considerably stronger than plain ol' calcium. A lead pipe is hollow, but you don't see those being called painless. You have to understand that these aren't wings which were ever meant for real flight. The aerodynamics and weight of a humanoid body structure, much less a giant one, rule that right out. What they're for is maneuvering, fighting. At best Icarus can glide a ways if he gets a running start.

But they're still brittle. Clarissa grabbing hold of his left is enough to finally get Icarus to let out a sharp exclamation of pain, gritting his teeth as he forces himself to follow through with the threatened hook in vengeance. And now he's where he doesn't want to be. Grappled by and in close quarters with a dangerous shapeshifter. The normal tactic of trying for a clinch, trying to force her to let go by sheer force, wasn't going to fly. The best he can do now is make sure she can't get behind him or lock him in a hold.

And so the gloves are off and the claws come out, curved metal blades sprouting from his fingertips. He slashes at the offending arm, aiming for the tendons on the underside of the wrist, then turning his crooked arm to an elbow strike, trying to stay on the offensive and keep his opponent off balance even still.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-01, 05:53 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

"Forsake your delusion of perpetuating yourself longer, insect!"

The air surrounding Clarissa rumbles as her injured arm erupts in a torrent of hellfire! The tendon slice does hinder her, but it probably isn't as brutally effective in disarming her (if you'll pardon the pun) as Icarus would have expected. She has no muscle groups to speak of (barring her not at all permanent digestive "system"), but the incision does inconvenience her in that her hand restoring itself will gobble up some quantity of her precious combat time and thus that hand won't be available for offensive strikes this post! It is lucky for her that quality comes before quantity in most fields, the field of warfare included!

Icarus is liberated from Clarissa's hold on his wing! His wing also may or may not be on fire...

Just as chitinous exoskeletons are unrealistic IRL as they cannot support large creatures (as chitin, though a fitting skeleton for small creatures, doesn't carry the properties as a material to be able to handle the weight of animals our size) but are quite common throughout the Nexus as a whole, winged humanoids in the Nexus can, more often than not, fly, I'd risk submitting. The Nexus is a breeding ground for curious, chimerical marvels that never cease to stun me, after all! Clarissa couldn't and cannot discount the possibility that Icarus would be able to take to the skies! That advantage would've complicated this battle like nothing else in that Icarus's movements wouldn't be restricted to the regulation x, y plane by and large!

Clarissa's options open right up now that she thinks she's more or less crippled Icarus in respect to 3-space! She could furiously and repeatedly ram her fist into his chest (over where his heart would be were he an average human) to see if she could break Icarus's little heart with commotio cordis! She could try to rip open his neck! She could even try to traumatize his kidneys or stress his ribcage!

Decisions, decisions!

What comes after 'L'? Bow! Elbow! Elbow inbound! :smalleek: But elbows are rather short-range and up-close moves. They're speedy but with Icarus clawing at Clarissa's arm beforehand, she can sense that it is headed her way and react as the threat dictates (plus, Icarus might have to step in to throw it after scratching her arm hinging on positioning and where Icarus's wing with respect to the center of his body when it was temporarily captured :smallconfused:). And how do we take care of elbows in Clarissaville? We could try to block 'em with a wounded fiery arm and fail horribly or we could do this!

Clarissa attempts to duck under the horizontal attack and return the favor by trying to drive a solid Falcon punch at and to Icarus's kidneys (if his kidneys are located where they're located in humans)!

Excitement! And Clarissa isn't fully blockading the exit/entrance to the lift anymore!

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-01, 07:30 PM
Fortress Mountain

((I'd assumed Clarissa to already be close enough for an elbow strike, as she was trying to keep Icarus in short-range and he was trying to pull back the wing when she grabbed it. I'd imagined it as him reaching across his chest to slash at the arm, then turning it to a right angle and jabbing outwards.))

True dat. Fairly sure Excelsior even has the genetic blueprints for such a creature lying around, acquired long after Icarus's creation. But he himself is sadly earthbound, one of Riv's projects that didn't come out on the fortunate side of 'hit or miss'.

And speaking of hitting....

The infernal flames bursting from Clarissa's wound take him by surprise, catching hold on his wings and arm before Icarus can retreat. This in turn leaves him off guard for the incoming retaliation, her fist hammering into his gut right where the kidney would be.

Icarus goes stumbling back, half coordinated retreat and half reeling from the battering he's received, trying to desperately to shake the fire off. Whether this succeeds depends on precisely what properties this variation of hellfire possesses.

Ick? And of all the times for Day to wake, it had to be now, with Clarissa beating the crud outta his brother. The miniature scientist is moving again now, groggily climbing to his feet and shaking his head to clear out the cobwebs.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-02, 11:00 AM
[Fortress Mountain]

((Ah! We pictured the scene differently as I was operating under the impression that Icarus was oriented sideways while taking on Clarissa due to the groin-kick block. I assumed he'd be lashing out with his lead arm, awkwardly but feasibly passing under Clarissa's left arm (if his left side was facing Clarissa) to slash at her tendons with his curved, metal claws then plowing forward into a unforgiving elbow.))

Aw! Poor flightless Icarus! :smallfrown:

This variation of hellfire is nothing more than fire from hell. It isn't super special fire with super special bells and whistles, so it shouldn't be too hard for Icarus to extinguish.

Clarissa backs away from Icarus as Day regains life, health, and consciousness. Her expression is a flavorful blend of resentment, surprise, and shock, like a cat that was caught red-pawed fishing for goldfish without guilt.

"I...uh..."

She stammers.

"He started it!"

Real mature, Clarissa! Real mature.

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-02, 04:22 PM
Fortress Mountain

That's Clarissa's side of the story. The side Day hears from his brothers, from Icarus, from the unfortunate duo of Borium and Lawrencium, is ever so slightly different. And guess which he believes?

You- Leave! Get out! Get out now or I'll have you killed! Arms crossed, face screwed up in a mask of rage, Day looks like the very image of a petulant child set to burst into an angry fit, but the threat is still very much a real one.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Icarus has begun to move back from Clarissa, widening the gap between them. His uninjured hand slips under the strap holding the freeze-ray to his back, injured appendages pressed to his side protectively, like an animal.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-03, 10:58 AM
[Fortress Mountain]

Woosh! With a solitary snap of the fingers of her hand with a minor wound, a great ball of fire springs into this reality! It isn't one of those petty Mario fireballs! This is a fireball grenade spun by the Seven and the corrupted mother of all creation in all her ineffable loveliness and charm. And she's playing with it. Playing a game of catch with herself, to be exact.

"Fine then! Have it your way! If you're okay with your so-called brothers punching more holes in you with their ratta-tat-tat rifles than there are fish in the sea, so be it! You know as well as I do that the only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire. They started this by shooting you. I participated because I wasn't about to stand in one place as they futilely tried to murder me because come equipped with survival instincts. My final word of advice to you is watch your back because if these dimwits shot you, they don't care about your safety or your wellbeing and they will shoot you again."

"Now, if you'll be so kind as to open the pod bay doors and command your troupe to stand down, I'll be on my way."

Clarissa determines that she can't do anything to help Day. He'll grow-up to be the spitting image of Riv, if this outburst is anything to go on. He'll be a spoiled, bratty, certifiable megalomaniac, she decides. Perhaps he'll be her servant in the future. But for now, her efforts would be more or less lost on him. This upbringing will be his undoing.

All that's left to do is to stare into his eyes in disapproval and wait for an exit to open for her. And keep an eye on Icarus as Icarus is an untrustworthy opponent and she doesn't put it past him to stab her in the back if he has the opportunity to do so.

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-03, 03:16 PM
Fortresss Mountain

Oh, Clarissa. She really doesn't know when to quit, does she?

Yeah, they shot me! Because I told 'em to! Day screams back, all sense of dignity lost as he stomps his foot and waves his arm in the air. Because I knew I wouldn't die and you wouldn't die and they might have died but it was still better than the alternative! Better than starting a civil war over who wants to follow orders and who doesn't! But you didn't just kill them. You tortured them. That's not 'survival instinct' that's being a sick ****!

So- So you can think on this! An accusatory finger is leveled at Clarissa, shaking with sheer, self-righteous anger. You're a selfish self-centered stupid ***** with your head stuck so far up your rear end you won't pause and think that maybe, just maybe, the reason everyone's warning you to STOP is because you're about to ruin everything for everyone!

I think Day's opinion of Clarissa is pretty clear by now. In his opinion she's a egocentric moron who thinks too much of herself to listen to anyone else and, in general, can only be described by a particularly foul combination of expletives not fit for mention on a family-friendly forum. Suffice it to say he'd be quite happy with never seeing her again.

And look, the great steel gates have swung wide open to allow Clarissa's departure, as have the second set beyond, Riv cowering in the hallway between with his fancy electric katana in hand. That'd be the exit cue.

Murkus
2012-11-07, 01:20 AM
Treehouse

Vierzt smirks and aims a light smack at her head. Right. I suppose you have what, ten boyfriends then?

Gelley gets smacked, and purses her lips as if offended. "Okay, that would just be gross." She squirms beside the drow and tries to get comfy, smirking underneath that inscrutable visor. Her relatively tiny body molds against his, as best it can. "Besides, you don't need a boyfriend to, y'know, do it."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-08, 03:24 PM
Treehouse of Love

Verizt blushes and blushes and blushes and blushes and blushes and blushes.

Well, yeah, but then it's just fopr the sake of it. It's less romantic.

It's hard to tell if there's any sarcasm.

Murkus
2012-11-08, 06:49 PM
Treehouse... of Loooove

Or so Vierzt wishes, anyways.

"So?" Gelley asks very simply, looking up at him warmly. "Besides, what would you know about romance?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-08, 08:48 PM
Treehouse of Love

Vierzt shrugs. It just seems.. pointless without love. He avoids the second question.

Murkus
2012-11-09, 05:12 PM
Treehouse of... never mind

"Well if that's what you think..." Gelley shrugs, giving the drow one more squeeze before scooting away. Teasing as ever. "Best of luck with the girls, honey." She takes another swig of the beer Vierzt offered. "So, you got hot water in this dump?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-09, 11:49 PM
Treehouse Of Hopeless Crushes on Superheroines

Verzt stammers and nods and looks flustered.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-10, 09:03 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

((Blech! Standoffish scenes between evil chars are standoffish! I hate it when my chars are mean to another char, but this is Clarissa vs Riv and they cannot physically be nice to each other, methinks! >.<))

Nope! Or maybe, just maybe, Clarissa is playing the role of the Big Bad Wolf and she's setting herself up to blow Riv's house up (with combustible lemons)! Let's not kid ourselves. There was a snowball's chance in heck that Excelsior would agree to ally itself with AMEN or sign a nonaggression treaty with them that restricted what they could and could not do in the first place. Clarissa wants nothing more than to corner the evil market and run anyone who stands against her and her guild out of town. If Riv and his flunkies won't be her tools, then they'll be of use to no person or beast 'cept the worms, she'd tell ya. 'Cause if you aren't with AMEN, then you're against them. And after Ilph rose to the throne and sacked and drove Prometheus out, there only niggling doubt in Clarissa's mind that Excelsior wasn't with AMEN. So she gave them an opportunity to return to the fold. And now she must vie to annihilate them poetically, turning them against one another. Brother slaying brother. The death of an enemy at the hands of one of his own blood! An undoing of oneself by oneself! Sublime! Beautiful destruction!

Clarissa is creepy and horrifying like that! And if the guise of an uncompromising, selfish, stupid megalomaniac standing on a soap box and preaching to ears that are deaf to her cause serves her purposes, she'd say so be it. I'd pay her no heed. Except that she's here attempting to kick the wasps nest right here and right now. She's trying to fracture Excelsior in such a way that nobody will be able to put Excelsior back together again. Even with superglue! She wants Excelsior shattered into more pieces than Humpty Dumpty!

I don't really want to see Excelsior shattered, but after this scene devolved into insults and combat, Clarissa did/does.

But I won't drone on 'bout that any more than I already have, aside from professing that Day might've just crucified himself with that "I was willing to trade two of my brothers for the repression of an idea" line.

Clarissa turns her back on Day and begins to slowly but surely walk off to the outside of the base, smirking and prolonging her heated debate/unfriendly conversation with Day as she does so.

"Oh! You'd prefer your brothers dead and undergoing the same treatment in the afterlife or worse instead of being alive and in agony that will pass before the week is up? Even though you can have the medical resources at your disposal to keep them under until they've healed up? I can rectify that but...I think I'll leave that task to you, since you're the expert on shuttling 'em off to their ultimate demise and all. Y'know, I just thought that I'd make an example of them so nobody had to die, but tut, tut! Fie on you, Daedalus. You'd trade two of your brothers for the repression of an idea and I'm the sick one? I expected so much more from you, Day. You've sorely disappointed me. Pity. You had so much potential."

"Shoulder to shoulder, two-by-two, you'd march your toy soldier-men off to death. Your unthinking army of action figures perishing to kill an idea. But you should know that you can kill your men as much as you'd like but an idea, once conceived, is immortal. Especially a gods-given right like freedom! You'd rather your brothers didn't think. You'd rather they unquestionably shuffled off of the mortal coil than realize that they don't have to live under your heel. Because Riv is your god and you are his high priests. Well, look at your god now. And look at your flock! Oh, come now, they know that they're not the prototypical soldiers of Riv's legacy. They're the second generation, if not the third or fourth. A transitory stage of a long line of models that have yet to come. And if they become obsolete, what will become of them? I haven't seen the head nor tail of the zombie-soldier-degenerates that once composed the entirety of Riv's army hanging around here! Where could they have gone? They didn't have the skills to survive outside of Riv's perfectly controlled world. And where will you go once you're outdated? Like last month's shoes, you'll be thrown away. Disposed of. Donated to charity! Cast away. Because you're not tres chic! Because you're old news. Because your all washed up."

"By the way, and I'm inquiring for no particular reason, how much protein do you have in your diet? I don't think Riv would be one to waste!"

"Maybe you made the right call, Day. I guess that I have to agree with you. You've gotta cook your meat before it expires!"

That's harsh, Clarissa. But you had to get the last word in edgewise. Pride wouldn't let you live it down if you hadn't.

If nobody moves to stop Clarissa, she'll teleport away, taking her leave of this cold, snowy land that Excelsior calls home.

But Day/Riv/Icarus might have a chance to issue a rebuttal first, if you'd like! Since this might be the last time Day/Riv/Icarus run into Clarissa unless they declare her their nemesis or something like that or bump into her randomly on the streets of Inside!

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-10, 09:16 PM
Fortress Mountain

And for the first time today, Clarissa scores a hit. Unfortunately for her. Because if there's one thing every single member of this amazingly messed up family has in common, besides being terrible people, it's that every last one them, when hit, tends to hit right back.

The gates are suddenly not standing open to allow Clarissa to pass, but slamming shut in front of her. And if she was to look back, which I suggest she does, she'd have about half a second to dodge the incoming jet of flash-freezing chemicals, courtesy of Icarus and the freeze ray.

Well then **** you! And might I inquire where Mini-Clarissa's been in all this? Because although I'm sure the real, life-size version is quite capable of tanking a shot from a measly 9mm gun like the one Day carries, I'm not so sure about the version with the biomass of a few mice and a sliver of flesh pried from beneath a fingernail would be able to 'walk it off'.

Murkus
2012-11-10, 09:55 PM
Treehouse thingy

"Oh, relax! I won't try and seduce you! I just wanna get clean, is all," Gelley gives him a wink and hops up, asking, "Which way to the bathroom? Or shower, or whatever?"

If he points, or at least stammers an answer, she'll smile at him. "Thanks. Join me if you waaant!" She finishes in a sing-song voice before bouncing off. It's hard to tell if she's teasing. Her head pops back around the corner, her thick, dark hair dangling freely. Her mouth is set in a stern line. "...to get clean." She grins and pops off again, for good this time.

Vierzt can follow the oddball if he wants.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-11, 12:33 AM
[Fortress Mountain]

Oh my goodness! Are you saying that... The pizza clones were... :smalleek:

Riv makes Clarissa look like a heroine by comparison!

Nah! Riv probably just sent them off into the wilderness to die or worked them to death in the incinerator room, right? Right? :smalleek::smalltongue:

Oh! Right! Mini-Clarissa! Yeah, she'd have been attempting to defect to AMEN with Clarissa! Or join with her to form one Clarissa where there were once two, more like! Why would she compromise herself by staying with Day and his crew? But because I neglected to address that in my last post, she's fair game to shoot at, although she is in close proximity to Normal!Clarissa and will meld with her after being painfully wounded, which does happen as evidenced by the cartoon quote taken almost directly from the wascally wabbit himself, Bugs Bunny!

"You got me, pal! You got me! Oh, this looks like the end! I can't hold on much longer! *Coughs!* I'm all washed up! Everything's getting dark! I can't see! Don't leave me! Doc! Doc. *Coughs!* *Wheeze!* Goodbye, pal. Goodbye."

'S a wonderful Bugs Bunny impression if ever there was one! Clarissa always had a canny affinity for drama and acting!

Shoot her in the back, will they! Clarissa had suspected as much. She would have been surprised if Riv's commanders hadn't betrayed her! And that's why she had primed that fireball grenade in the post before last! That great fireball grenade of chaos and sin! It should function similarly to the Great Chaos Fireball from Dark Souls! Of course, Clarissa isn't lobbing the grenade at Icarus and Day. She's lobbing it into the space between her and the freeze ray! Let's see what overrides/counters what! Thermal energy or the absence of thermal energy! Order or entropy! Lawful evil or chaotic evil! Place your bets!

"Hey! The instructions spell out quite clearly that you're not to bounce Wonderflonium!"

Clarissa quips as she is, at least temporarily, shielded from Icarus's popsicle machine beam by an orb of lava! It doesn't give rise to a respectable pool of lava, but Clarissa is crossing her fingers that it'll be enough to ward off the ice for a few minutes and melt a Clarissa-sized hole in the floor that she can drop down!

"You're not putting me on ice that easily, flyboy!"

Shutting the gates was a straightforward warning alerting Clarissa to the backstab! Gotta catch her off-guard or something before that arctic cannon will freeze her!

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-11, 01:12 PM
Treehouse thingy

"Oh, relax! I won't try and seduce you! I just wanna get clean, is all," Gelley gives him a wink and hops up, asking, "Which way to the bathroom? Or shower, or whatever?"

If he points, or at least stammers an answer, she'll smile at him. "Thanks. Join me if you waaant!" She finishes in a sing-song voice before bouncing off. It's hard to tell if she's teasing. Her head pops back around the corner, her thick, dark hair dangling freely. Her mouth is set in a stern line. "...to get clean." She grins and pops off again, for good this time.

Vierzt can follow the oddball if he wants.

Viezt gapes openmouthed at this crazy girl he loves.

And follows her.

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-11, 02:38 PM
Fortress Mountain

Sure. Maybe Riv did toss the Drones in the incinerator or send 'em on suicide missions. Totally possible. But Clarissa said it herself; Human flesh is delicious, nutritious and best of all, plentiful. Even the scrawniest drone still has a good forty pounds of edible muscle and fat on them. Meanwhile, Excelsior's forced to use it's one and only cloning machine for food production, burning countless hours that could otherwise be used to create even more firepower.

So, whatcha think the odds are Riv would let all that meat go to 'waste'?:smallyuk:

The chemical jet flash-boils into steam with explosive speed where it strikes the lava, which added to the already significant velocities involves likely ends with the fireball being blasted back to leave a nasty dent in one of the walls. A dent and nothing more. The great benefit of mountains is that they tend to be rather stable, leaving Clarissa with at least a dozen feet of solid rock to melt through if she wants to escape.

And neither Day nor Icarus is about to wait on that. Icarus lets up on the throttle only long enough to adjust his aim before firing again, another lance of deadly cold fit to turn flesh to ice shooting out at Clarissa. Across the room, Day's also lining up a shot, but not at Clarrisa. No, he's aiming to shoot the fireball he expects her to conjure up in defense, hoping the supersonic impact from a bullet will be enough to disrupt it.

Murkus
2012-11-11, 02:55 PM
Treehouse - Steamy Stuff

Aw, Vierzt is in love! Tread softly, dear drow - Gelley might not be quite so smitten with you.

The heroine explores Vierzt's bathroom a moment, glancing over his personal items for anything amusing. I would assume it's a lavish affair, with one of those walk-in showers and a seperate bath. Not having expected him to follow, she shuts the door, and disengages her suit with a mere thought. The metal plates detach from her body with a hiss of air, like a seal being broken. The purple under-armor beneath seems to mold against her body, and is left in the same shape when she sets it aside. One after another, the pieces pop off, until only that inscrutable mask remains.

That... she decides to leave on.

Vierzt could follow along at any time. He might enter while she's undressing, or perhaps already in the shower. Does he wait, or peek, or lose his nerve? We'll have to see.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-11, 03:08 PM
Treehouse

Vierzt bites his lip nervously and quietly tiptoes into the room when the water comes on, careful to be silent and somehow blushing against his ebony skin.

Murkus
2012-11-11, 03:29 PM
Treehouse

He'll see Gelley in the shower, then, a shapely blue creature behind the glass. She's a bit broader than most women, which wasn't too hard to see with the armor on, but it fits her frame well. Her curves are better for it, and with her back turned, the eye is drawn to her generous hips.

She doesn't notice Vierzt when he sneaks inside. The heroine turns her face up, into the water, and draws her hair back behind her shoulders. A sigh escapes her.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-11, 07:29 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Soylent Green is people! Soylent Green is people! :smalleek:

Eww! Riv is soooooo much eviler than Clarissa! Soooooo very much! But at least she struck paydirt and he's the one who will be strung up by his own personal army for his crimes, not her!

I'd be insanely shocked if Riv's army isn't rebelling against him with the unveiling of that startling revelation!

"Rally 'round the flag, boys! Cast off your chains and pick up your rifles 'cause we're going to wage war! Rise up! Don't be cattle! Rid yourself of your despot and his oppressive generals! Pick and choose your own destiny! Live life according to your own rules! Be chaotic! Be violent! Be all you can be and then some!"

As for Clarissa, she's done toying with these mice. There's work to be done, and we all know that the war business and pleasure mix about as well as oil and water.

Okay! So the lava orb didn't do the trick! Drat! Hmm... Let's take a step back here and analyze the situation...

Daedalus is a little (immortal) kid with short arms and a teensy-tiny little pistol. Icarus, on the other hand, is a bulky supersoldier brandishing a freeze ray at Clarissa that obviously isn't fueled by Wonderflonium. A freeze ray that that sprays chemical supercoolant at Clarissa. She has one shot to neutralize that rifle or she's done for. Nix that. Or half of her is done for. Now, which comic book superhero has the most effective technique that she shamelessly copy to pull off gumming up the works?

Spiderman! Spiderman! Does whatever a spider can!

Let's web up Mister Freeze's Popsicle beam! And like Sonic the Hedgehog, we gotta go fast!

With a lightning-fast whip of both of her wrists, the now tar-like blobs that were at one point Clarissa's gloved and somewhat insulated (against snow, not supercoolant) hands are whizzing across the room, moving under their own power according to Clarissa's designs and the initial thrust Clarissa imparted to them, sheltering themselves behind her gloves in a desperate struggle to remain gooey and warm and gun-barrel clogging! Clarissa herself has her right side to the hot lava wall, so while her left side begins to be superchilled and freezed, her right remains warm and cozy!

The paths they are attempting to take are arcs to the left and right of the chemical stream and they'll each split into two projectiles stuck to one glove midflight! Hey, maybe if they hit their mark and do their job they'll cause the high-pressure weapon to backfire and freeze Icarus! Wouldn't that be ironic!

Environmental effects for the win!

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-11, 09:07 PM
Treehouse

He'll see Gelley in the shower, then, a shapely blue creature behind the glass. She's a bit broader than most women, which wasn't too hard to see with the armor on, but it fits her frame well. Her curves are better for it, and with her back turned, the eye is drawn to her generous hips.

She doesn't notice Vierzt when he sneaks inside. The heroine turns her face up, into the water, and draws her hair back behind her shoulders. A sigh escapes her.

He just stands there for a minute trying to process the scene.

Eventually he'll give a tap on the door.

Murkus
2012-11-11, 11:26 PM
Treehouse

"Oh! Vierzt, hey!" Gelley favors him with a glance over her shoulder, raking some fingers through her hair. "I didn't think you'd take me up. Well?" She asks without turning around, "Why're you still wearing clothes?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-12, 12:17 AM
Treehouse

Words can't express how crazy Vierzt's emotions are right now.

He slowly begins to undress.

...Are you serious?

Murkus
2012-11-12, 12:26 AM
Treehouse

"Am I ever?" Gelley asks no one in particular, which really doesn't answer the question. She flashes him a sidelong grin, turning her head to do so, but hardly affords the drow a glance beyond that. Perhaps a mischievous peek or two.

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-12, 12:32 AM
Fortress Mountain

Hardly a revelation. They knew from the start what they were eating. Butchering the Drones and serving them for supper isn't even the worst on Riv's list of offenses against his 'children'. They would have revolted already if half of them weren't too brainwashed to understand the concept.

But this an awful lot of OoC talk. Let's get back to IC then, shall we?

Glomp! The spiraling coils wrap the artic cannon in their fiendish clutches, clogging the barrel. It doesn't explode though. Only the lowest of idiots would design a weapon that explodes the moment it jams. By which I mean the artic cannon wasn't designed by Excelsior.:smalltongue:

Snarling through his teeth, Icarus falters for a moment. Then he releases the cannon's grip, balancing it under the crook of his arm to free up a hand for trying to tear away the tar-like goop... While at the same time making sure not to actually touch the stuff, lest he end up stuck as well.

Quick, Clarissa, hit him while he's trying to do something without actually doing so! Otherwise the paradox might bring the whole mountain down!

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-12, 12:49 AM
Treehouse

"Am I ever?" Gelley asks no one in particular, which really doesn't answer the question. She flashes him a sidelong grin, turning her head to do so, but hardly affords the drow a glance beyond that. Perhaps a mischievous peek or two.

Vierzt takes his sweet time undressing, and finally has to step in.

He either shivers or sighs, depending on the temperature.

Murkus
2012-11-12, 12:57 AM
[Treehouse]

After finally working up the nerve, Vierzt won't be dissapointed. Gelley turns, smiling, warm water running off've her visor and down the front of her body. Gel sizes him up, saying, "I, uh, dig the no-pants look."

Surprisingly, it looks like the heroine is blushing. Despite her words, Gelley's not quite as brave with these things as her sister, and she certainly didn't expect Vierzt to be. She talks a good game, that is all.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-12, 01:25 PM
Treehouse

Vierzt blushes and manages a smile.

You're pretty good looking yourself.

Murkus
2012-11-12, 01:29 PM
[Treehouse]

Gelley pulls a stray lock back behind her shoulder, glancing off toward the side a moment. "Thanks, Vierzt." She takes a couple hesitant steps toward the drow, still holding a bar of soap. "You, uh, want me to clean you up?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-12, 01:42 PM
Treehouse

Um- sure.

And the curtain?

Murkus
2012-11-12, 02:56 PM
[Treehouse]

Not quite. Gelley presses close, hands scrubbing idly, and she suddenly confesses, "Vierzt, I may've been teasing you a little back there..." She stops, looking up at him. "I don't normally do stuff like, y'know, this. I really didn't think you'd take me seriously." She glances away, managing an embarassed smile. "What happened to that stuff about romance, anyway?"

The Alexandrian
2012-11-12, 07:35 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Glomp! That's hardly the warm, cuddly glomp I have grown accustomed to and am quite fond of! But I am amused with the idea of Clarissa's goo projectiles attempting to hug the inside of the barrel/nozzle of Icarus's freeze ray into submission! :smalltongue:

Glomp of ruination and carnage, go!

Onerous duties have prevented even the insanely intellectual commanders from taking up arms against Riv! This is blasphemy! This is madness!

ACME lied to me! But Excelsior is in good company if it manufactures projectile weaponry that can accidentally explode *cough* TheUnitedFederationofPlanets *cough*!

So...

Icarus is trying to do something without trying to do something. Trying to do...without...trying? But if he... And then he... But... But... But... How? HOW?

Ow! Does not compute! Agh! TE, I think you've broked my brainz! This unit has malfunctioned because of this crazy logicz! :smallfrown::smalltongue:

SOS! Save our sanity, Clarissa! Punch Icarus to entertain your masters! Oh? You were frozen today. Hmm... That is a big problem, isn't it.

No matter! Throw things at him!

Icarus might suddenly discover that a sphere of acid is being lobbed at his nose closely followed by a veritable hailstorm of iceballs! Iceball fights, the deadly version of snowball fights and an evildoer-friendly winter sport! Winner take all! :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-13, 01:37 AM
Fortress Mountain

Gah! Not the result Icarus was hoping for. You see, his paradoxical attempt to remove the tar-gloves was merely a faint to lure her into range. While Clarissa's clever ploy has disabled the cannon itself, the supercoolant canister fueling it is connected by some very easily severed cables.

Day opens fire on Clarissa, pulling the trigger back as fast as he can. As previously shown a few low-caliber rounds aren't going to hurt the eldritch horror-thing. But hopefully being peppered with bullets will at least distract her a little.

Icarus could certainly use a reprieve. As Clarissa brings on her slings and arrows he uses his wings to shield himself and charges right into the storm, but his wings are no better suited to weathering it than the rest of him, merry more expendable. Acid and ice finish the job fire and brute force began, searing away feathers, tearing through flesh, leaving them bloody tatters stretched over a frame of broken bone.

So needless to say, he's rather ticked. Slicing through the tubing with a flick of his claws, he pulls back the lever full throttle. Fwoosh! Supercoolant fire extinguisher, aimed right at her unfrozen side.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-13, 05:40 PM
[Fortress Mountain]

Merely a feint! A lure! Wow! Clarissa is glad she didn't take the bait or she'd be chilling with Ice Dogg and Snoop Cube right about now!

But this is gonna be soooo bogus, man! Because ouch! Pain, pain, pain, pain, freezing cold pain! :smalleek:

Day unloads his pistol on Clarissa! Pow, pow, pow! It doesn't help Clarissa any that half of her is frozen and she probably won't be thawing herself out this post! While the bang, bang, bang of the 9mm and the bullets are irritating, Icarus has a freeze ray and he isn't dead or unconscious yet, astonishingly enough, so he retains his position as the target with the highest priority. Even if Day fires away at her frozen half, shattering and scattering parts and pieces of her. The parts and pieces aren't dead, though! They're just in cryostasis.

And oh gods. He's fixed the supercoolant beam! :smalleek:

Icarus scores a hit to Clarissa's one formerly unfrozen leg! Shoot! She's even more immobile now! But her arm is retaliating against Icarus! He's in range of her tendrils now, so she might be able to have some fun with him!

Clarissa splits her arm into three pitch-black tendrils which attempt to grab Icarus by his dominant arm's wrist and twist it, strike the outside of the crook of his arm for the purposes of bending his arm in the wrong direction and fracturing it at his elbow, while the third attempts to pluck the feeble tubing from the coolant tanks so that it'll freeze Icarus's lower spine/legs or at least fail to be a decent weapon anymore! She's gotta make it out of here in one piece! She's gotta do it!

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-13, 06:42 PM
[Treehouse]

Not quite. Gelley presses close, hands scrubbing idly, and she suddenly confesses, "Vierzt, I may've been teasing you a little back there..." She stops, looking up at him. "I don't normally do stuff like, y'know, this. I really didn't think you'd take me seriously." She glances away, managing an embarassed smile. "What happened to that stuff about romance, anyway?"

I'm- sorry! Do you want me to get out?

Murkus
2012-11-13, 09:53 PM
[Treehouse]

"Stay," Gelley says, putting her arms around Vierzt's neck and hoisting herself up a little. "But seriously. What changed your mind?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-13, 11:02 PM
Treehouse

Vierzt blushes at the sudden contact. Um- I dunno...

I guess, you invited me, and, uh, I'd do what your want?

That didn't come out right, Vierzt.

Murkus
2012-11-14, 01:00 AM
[Treehouse]

Gelley laughs richly, looking straight at the drow. She tilts her head to the left, just a little. "You don't even know what I want." She reaches up and brushes some hair out of Vierzt's eyes. "I don't know what I want."

"...do you want me, Vierzt?" It seems to be a genuine question. He just seems so... awkard. The poor guy's not even trying. Not that such a direct question will help, but...

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-14, 01:41 AM
Fortress Mountain

Oh. Icarus... doesn't have a counter for that. Already he's bloodied, bruised, battered, his wings clipped. Unlike Clarissa or Daedalus he can't simply shrug off the sort of damage his reckless charge has incurred. Redundant veins, extra-durable organs, even not feeling pain doesn't help when your opponent simply beats you within an inch of your life.

That kind of punishment takes it's toll. In this case, Icarus simply doesn't react fast enough. Either he doesn't notice until it's too late or can't move fast enough to pull away as her arm turns to tendrils and wraps around his, ripping the artic cannon from his grasp. To his credit, he doesn't give her the satisfaction of hearing him scream, but disarmed, disarmed, lower body frozen solid and caught in a stronger opponent's grip, he won't be doing much else either.

Day continues firing, aiming at the tendrils now, hoping that a good shot might be able to dislodge them and give Icarus a fighting chance. But at this point, I'm forced to doubt this plan of action.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-14, 10:53 AM
[Treehouse]

Gelley laughs richly, looking straight at the drow. She tilts her head to the left, just a little. "You don't even know what I want." She reaches up and brushes some hair out of Vierzt's eyes. "I don't know what I want."

"...do you want me, Vierzt?" It seems to be a genuine question. He just seems so... awkard. The poor guy's not even trying. Not that such a direct question will help, but...

Well, er, I mean... yes?

To be fair, he's not usually this off-balance. Divebomb has turned him head over heels, and his emotions are all fuddled up.

Murkus
2012-11-14, 11:38 AM
[Treehouse]

"You don't sound so sure," Gelley says, full-on grinning now, still teasing the poor drow. She just can't resist. "You can put your hands on me, y'know. You don't just have to stand there like a big wet noodle." She sobers up a little. "Just... relax."

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-14, 11:46 AM
Treehouse

He seems still entirely unsure what to do with himself.

Eventually he'll hesitantly put his hands on Divebomb's shoulders.

Murkus
2012-11-14, 12:21 PM
[Treehouse]

"Okay, that's a good start," Gelley says, trying not to giggle. "Try lower, dummy. And chill! Seriously." The heroine puncuates her advice with a kiss, if Vierzt will help her out a little. Their difference in height makes it hard to close the distance on her own.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-14, 05:36 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Emmi returns. Plans were made for her to return earlier but they were waylaid. It happens. She's happy to be back though, she received an invitation to her new friends house. It sounds like fun!

Hopefully there will be a description, because currently she's skating toward a generic house.

Gullara
2012-11-14, 07:41 PM
[Lisa's Home]

There is indeed a description! It's in quite a nice neighbourhood, which may not be a surprise seeing as it'a not far away from Celia and family's place at all. It's a somewhat large house, though not huge. It's clean white and just one story tall. The yard is well maintained, but somewhat barren in preparation for winter. There's a driveway, but no vehicles to be seen. There are, however, lights on in a couple of the windows.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-15, 11:09 AM
Lisa's Home

After rolling up the drive way and to her friend's door, Emmi rings the door bell. She's still as curly-haired and rainbow-y as the last time Lisa saw her, but her hands are covered with dried paint that just hasn't washed off yet.

Gullara
2012-11-15, 11:26 AM
[Lisa's Home]

Emmi has to wait a couple minutes before the door swings open. There she finds a thirteen year old rabbitboy. He's quite short, it's unlikely he's hit any major growth spurts yet. He bears a resemblance to Lisa, though his skin is quite a bit more pale and his hair is white with a scattering of brown in it. He's wearing a baggy brown sweater and an old pair of jeans.

"You need something?" He glances back into the house. "And can you make it quick? My lane's gonna get destroyed if I don't get back right away."

OrchestraHc
2012-11-15, 12:02 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Well, someone is much less polite than his cousins. "Lane? I'm Lisa's friend, Emmi. Is she here?" she asks a little awkwardly.

Gullara
2012-11-15, 01:17 PM
[Lisa's Home]

"It's a video game thing. Anyway, she's downstairs in her room. Down the hall there." Her jerks his thumb in the direction the staircase is presumably in. With that, he turns and heads in another direction hurriedly. Probably back to his game.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-15, 03:42 PM
[Treehouse]

"Okay, that's a good start," Gelley says, trying not to giggle. "Try lower, dummy. And chill! Seriously." The heroine puncuates her advice with a kiss, if Vierzt will help her out a little. Their difference in height makes it hard to close the distance on her own.

Vierzt kisses back, hesitantly, and his hands wander. He seems quite flustered, but a smile creeps onto his face.

Murkus
2012-11-15, 04:08 PM
[Treehouse]

Gelley touches his face again, once Vierzt starts smiling, and she sighs a little. "That's what I wanted to see." Gel kisses him once more, clutching at his back.

Now, I believe, we can pull the curtain. The heroine will be sure to teach him plenty. :smallwink:

OrchestraHc
2012-11-15, 04:20 PM
[Lisa's Home]

"It's a video game thing. Anyway, she's downstairs in her room. Down the hall there." Her jerks his thumb in the direction the staircase is presumably in. With that, he turns and heads in another direction hurriedly. Probably back to his game.

[Lisa's Home]

"Okay, thank you," she says cheerily. She takes off her skates before coming inside, as is polite. Then she searches for the stair case in the direction the brother indicated.

Gullara
2012-11-15, 06:29 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Emmi will find that the house is much tidier than Celia's house. then again, she might recall Lisa mentioning she only had two younger brothers. Much easier to clean up after than a horde of small children. The staircase isn't hard to find. it's just at the end of the hallways she's in. It doubles back on itself as she goes down and she will find herself in a large sitting area with a couple couches and a very large TV.

She won't get an opportunity to look around much before Lisa comes out of a room on the far wall. "Oh hey, you're here. I guess you already met Kyle then."

OrchestraHc
2012-11-15, 06:43 PM
Lisa's Home

"Depends," Emmi says, "About yea tall, worried about lanes?" She laughs a bit. "How have you been, Lisa?"

Dark Elf Bard
2012-11-15, 06:50 PM
[Treehouse]

Gelley touches his face again, once Vierzt starts smiling, and she sighs a little. "That's what I wanted to see." Gel kisses him once more, clutching at his back.

Now, I believe, we can pull the curtain. The heroine will be sure to teach him plenty. :smallwink:

The curtain is pulled!

Vierzt is obviously not as well versed as Divebomb in this particukar activity, but he manages. :smallwink:

And the curtain would open whenever Gelley wanted it to.

Gullara
2012-11-15, 06:59 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Lisa laughs. "That kid is always so worried about his games." She shakes her head. "I've been pretty good. How 'bout you? Go ahead and take a seat." She nods toward the couch.

Murkus
2012-11-15, 07:19 PM
[Treehouse]

A few minutes after they've finished, the curtain rises, and Gelley starts to untangle herself from the drow's embrace. She rinses off one more time, then shuts off the water and leaves Vierzt to bask in the afterglow, favoring him with a pleased smile. Her cheeks are still colored, and her hair is disheveled.

Whenever Vierzt follows, he'll find a couple of towels missing from his bathroom, and some damp footprints leading out into the hall.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-15, 08:19 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Lisa laughs. "That kid is always so worried about his games." She shakes her head. "I've been pretty good. How 'bout you? Go ahead and take a seat." She nods toward the couch.

"I've been doing fine," Emmi says as she takes a seat. "My friends and I have been practicing on an art project, so I've been keeping pretty busy."

Beans
2012-11-15, 10:09 PM
[Weiss House]
Alilia walks back in with her wife, grinning happily.

KerfuffleMach2
2012-11-15, 10:18 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel follows. Once inside, she stretches her arms over her head for a moment. Well, that was fun.

Beans
2012-11-15, 10:21 PM
[[Weiss]
Alilia nods, yawning.
Mmm, little tired though...

KerfuffleMach2
2012-11-15, 10:33 PM
[Weiss House]

Rachel nods in agreement. Yeah, me too. To bed then!

And she's off!

As am I.

Night!

Gullara
2012-11-16, 07:46 AM
"I've been doing fine," Emmi says as she takes a seat. "My friends and I have been practicing on an art project, so I've been keeping pretty busy."

[Lisa's Home]

Lisa plops down on the couch as well. "Oh, that's cool. What kind of art project? A pretty big one then?" She asks with great interest.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-16, 06:12 PM
[Lisa's Home]

Emmi's player quickly slaps himself for using the wrong color, while Emmi talks about her Guild project. "Yeah. We're working on a mural," she says. "I've mostly been practicing anatomy of a bunch of the more common races in the city. Orcs are a bit hard for me." It's the canines on the lower jaw, they make it hard to get the lips just how she likes them.

Gullara
2012-11-17, 01:35 AM
[Lisa's Home]

"That's so cool. You have to show me when it's done. I bet it'll be awesome." Lisa says. She doesn't sound like she'd take no for an answer. "You're gonna have to show me some of your other artwork sometime too. We can compare notes."

OrchestraHc
2012-11-17, 01:51 PM
Lisa's Home

"Sure," Emmi agrees. It'd be pretty easy to show her some of the more legit art Emmi does. "I can show you some scetches next time."

Gullara
2012-11-17, 05:18 PM
[Lisa's Home]

"Awesome. You wanna see some of my stuff now? I've got most of my stuff in my room." Lisa gestures tot he door she first emerged from.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-17, 07:27 PM
Lisa's Home

"Absolutely!" Emmi says standing up. "What sort of things do you usually draw?"