PDA

View Full Version : Masters of the Industrial Elements Beta OOC

Kyeudo
2012-10-20, 02:12 AM
Alright, so this is the first game I've tried with really light backstories, so let's see what we can make of it.

Here's the link to the sourcebook, in case I update things later:
Masters of the Industrial Elements (http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9bjq362do36udyh)

You should include your character sheet in your first post so you can find it easily and keep track of stuff.

campaign wiki (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/masters-of-the-industrial-elements-beta), courtesy of Teleut

Meriss
2012-10-20, 06:26 PM
And here we go.

Rolf Hesser

Rolf Hesser

Motivation
To become the greatest hunter of the Taken

Languages
Taken

Attributes

PHYSICAL:
Strength 2
Dexterity 4
Stamina 3
SOCIAL: 4
Charisma 4
Manipulation 1
Appearance 2
MENTAL:
Perception 2
Intelligence 1
Wits 4 4BP

Abilities
Favored Ability: Athletics
Athletics 4 1 BP
- Freerunning 3 1 BP
Archery 3
Awareness 3
- Tracking 2 1 BP
Dodge 3
Melee 3
Occult 1
Ride 1
Survival 4 2BP
- Autochonia 2 1BP
Thrown 2
- Throwing Knives 1

Dice Pools
Join Battle 9
Athletics 9
Archery 7

Combat Stats
Dodge DV: 3
Parry DV: 3
Hardness: 0L/0B
Soak: 3L/3B

Weapon Stats
Power Bow: Speed 6, Accuracy +3, Damage +3L, Rate 2, Range 300, Tags 2, B
Broadhead Arrows 4L
Throwing Knives: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +2L, Rate 3, Range 15
Elemental Bolt: Speed 3, Accuracy +1, Damage 4L, Rate 1, Range 200
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage 2B, Defense –, Rate 1,Tags C, N, P
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage 5B, Defense -2, Rate 2, Tags N
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage 2B, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags N

Backgrounds
Communion 2 1 BP
Heirloom Stone (Lightning) 1
Resources 1
Artifact 2 (Orialchum Short Powerbow) {Surging Current}
Artifact 1 (Hearthstone Amulet)
Trophy Stone 1 (Glowstone)

Aspects
Crystal
Lightning 3 6BP
Metal
Oil
Smoke
Steam

Charms
Excellency of Lightning
Lightning Focus (Athletics) 1BP
Lightning Bolt Attack
Instant Reaction Prana
Blind Impulse Evasion
Arc Surge Path
Coruscating Arc Attack

Intimacies
Hunting (Pride)
Bladelings (Hate)
Other People (Frustration)
His Bound Elemental (Shame)
Death of any Taken (Anger)

Essence
Essence: 1
Essence Pool: 17
Committed:
Spent:

Willpower 5

Virtues
Compassion: 2
Conviction: 3
Temperance: 1
Valor: 3

Loss of Control
Control 10/10

Health
-0 []
-1 [][]
-2 [][]
-4 []
Incapacitated []

Equipment
Peasant Clothes
Throwing Knives x 10
Broadhead Arrows x 20
Quiver

Experience
XP Gained:
XP Spent:

History
Since the moment Rolf could walk all knew there was something unique about the boy, he was suffused with energy, always questing, constantly searching. He began his search on long hunts into the dark tunnels. On one of these he saw his hunting party cut to ribbons by a horde of bladelings, now he seeks vengance, penance and power by hunting the very things that decimated his former partners. It came as no suprise to all of the Tireless Cog tribe when he was successfully implanted with a Binding Stone of Lightning. Many wonder though if his reasons were entirely pure. The stone has only added to his restless nature. He has won much glory in his time, but still the young man yearns. But now the yearning is harder in its nature. Rolf is now a hunter of well, everything. What he kills he brings back to the tribe and sells. Mostly he leads elemental hunts for the manufacture of more Binding Stones. Rolf's goal now is to become the greatest hunter of his people, to be the best of all time. One day perhaps to hunt even the The Great Taker himself. And on that day, well who know what will happen. Why rolf does this is more complex, he himself doesn't know why he seeks this path only that maybe in some way he might make up for those lives he has destroyed. The people he has deprived of friends and loved ones.

Personality
Rolf is brash, combative and something of a loner. This does not prevent him from working with other Stonebearers, it simply makes it very difficult.

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-20, 09:37 PM
Looks like this show is on the road, now.

Nyklis Eisen
A young man whose mother runs the miner's guild. She's been grooming him to take over administration of the guild after she dies. His ambitions go beyond that, though; he wants to turn the disorganized mess that is the Ninth Nation into a cohesive whole. In the short term, though, he'll settle for fixing all the stupid problems with his tribe.

He received a binding stone a couple months ago, because he became old enough a couple months ago. He uses the Crystal stone that his (late) father had used, and it matches his overly-intellectual personality well.

Motivation: Fix all of the Ninth Nation's problems.

Intimacies: Parents (Love), Violence (Fear), The Problems Of The Taken (Frustration), His Guild (Pride), His Bound Elemental (Sympathy), The Other PCs (?)

Virtues: Compassion 3, Conviction 3, Temperance 3, Valor 1

Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 2; Charisma 3, Manipulation 1, Appearance 3; Perception 2, Intelligence 5, Wits 2

Abilities: Bureaucracy 5 (+3 Planning), Melee 3 (+1 Self-defence) Resistance 1, Awareness 2, Occult 2, Lore 3, Integrity 3, Presence 2 (+1 Ethical Appeals), Performance 2, Socialize 1, Investigation 2, Linguistics 1 (Native: Taken, Others: Old Realm)

Backgrounds: Mentor 3 (Mother), Heirloom Stone 1, Backing 3 (Miner's Guild), Resources 1

Aspects: Crystal 4

Charms: Excellency Of Crystal, Moment Of Clarity, Crystal Harmonized Skill (Melee), Perfect Memory Trick, Efficient Planning Practice, Flawless Plan Calculation

Join Battle: 4

Soak: 0L/2B

Attacks: Club: Speed 5, Accuracy 6 (7 in self-defence), Damage 8B, Parry DV 3, Rate 2

Health: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 1 Willpower: 10

Essence: 1 Essence Pool: 24

I left the Intimacy towards the other PCs blank. Tell me, Meriss, how do you think Rolf and Nyklis should think of each other? Are we friends?

FallenEco
2012-10-21, 04:53 AM
Assuming it is ok...

Name: Diemut Essert
History:
Diemut was always a little odd as a child. Quiet and calm but not obedient she undoubtedly gave her mother (an Alchemist & guilds woman) many a headache. Not the she'd put others in danger, but Diemut would often go and...well watch things. It was as if she was trying to finish a puzzle This trait became more noticeable as she got older. It didn't stop until after she was bonded to her stone but often her softly spoken apologises got her out of trouble.

Prior to her following her uncle's foot steps however, Diemut was a fine student study thaumaturgy. In particular, wards were a favourite of hers. It was fully expected that she was to join her mother's guild and profession, albeit with a slightly different area of focus. Not many how she was going off and practising with her uncle's soul-steel pike.

So it was to be a bit of a surprise when, on her birthday Diemut appeared before the council early in the morning and asked to join the ranks of the Domini, long dead uncle's binding stone in hand. As the old saying goes, “Still oil seeps deeply.”

From Diemut's perspective, it was always a foregone conclusion. Growing up, uncle Sigmund was the closest thing to a father figure she had, (her real father was member of a travelling tribe). He told all sorts of stories about the Sliver Lady from before the First Offence and the great explorers who blazed trails into the Great Taker. She had always wanted be among them one day. Since she was too young, she explored the village.

She didn't like what she saw, the petty arguments driving the guilds into counter-productive polices. She saw the suffering of the Tribe. And like many others, the little girl wished she could get away from this life. To go somewhere far away and build a better world.

Now she can, but first her tribe needs her.

Motivation: To Discover a better way of life for her Tribe

Appearence:Diemut is a little smaller than most of her tribe. Her silky, wavy soot black hair is often slicked back with a diluted form of the lubricating oils that rain down upon the tribe's home. Her wide blue eyes constantly searching, watching for something. Her wardrobe is simple and practical.

Step Two Attributes

Physical Tertiary
Strength 2
Dexterity 2
Stamina 2

Social Secondary
Charisma 2
Manipulation 3
Appearance 2

Mental Primary
Intelligence 3
Wits 3
Perception 3

Step Three Abilities

Awareness 3
Integrity 3
Melee 3 [Dire Lances + 2]
Thrown 1
Investigation 2
Lore 2
[F] Occult 3
Larceny 2
Presence 1 [Asking Forgiveness +1]
[i][F]Stealth 3
Survival 2 [Autochonia +1]

All others default to 0

Step Four Advantages

Backgrounds
Artefact (Sigmund's Legacy) 2
Communion 2
Heirloom Stone 3
Resources 1 [1 BP]

Virtues
Compassion 2
Conviction 3
Temperance 2
Valour 2

Aspects
Smoke 2 [3 BP]

Charms
Excellency of Smoke
Smoke Harmony [Stealth]
Improvised Ritual Art: Exorcism and Wards
Seeing Without Eyes
Corrosive Touch
Grasping the Ephemeral

Step 5 Finishing Touches

Essence 2 [10 BP]
Willpower 5
Essence Pool: 27 motes, 5 committed

Health: -0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]

Combat:
Dodge DV: 2
Parry DV (Dire Lance): 4 (I rounded down per Heroic Mortal rules, -1 if Specialities do not count)
Soak: 6B/3L
Join Battle: 8 [3 Wits + 3 Awareness + 2 from Communion]
Sigumnd's Legacy Melee Attack: 11 [2 Dex + 3 Melee + 2 Specialty + 4 Accuracy

Intimacies:
Uncle Sigmund [Pride – Living up the Legacy]
Charleigh (Mother) [Love – Unconditional]
The Silver Lady [Hope – Inspiring]
The Guilds [Shame – Petty Bickering]
Her Bound Elemental [Empathy – Both bounded to the wills of something greater]
Rolf Hesser [Respect - There is a lot I can Learn from him]
Nyklis Eisen [Friendship - We all grow up sometime]

Equipment:
Sigmund's Legacy: A Soulsteel Dire Lance artefact weapon used by her uncle, Diemut inheirated it when he died ten years ago.
Speed 5; Accuracy +4; Damage +5L/+8L/2; Defense +2; Rate 2; Two handed, Lance Type, Overwhelming, Reach, Thrown
Buff Jacket
+4B/3L; Mobility -1; Fatigue 2
Equvilent of peasent clothes

Bonus Points

4 Points spent on a Thaumaturgy degree
1 point spent on Backgrounds
3 points spent on Aspects
10 points spent on Essence

Meriss
2012-10-21, 07:38 AM
Looks like this show is on the road, now.

I left the Intimacy towards the other PCs blank. Tell me, Meriss, how do you think Rolf and Nyklis should think of each other? Are we friends?

Describe Nyklis' personality to me a little more. Is he more an ivory tower intellectual, concerned with research, or is he more the adventurer type intellectual, similar to Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, Nate Drake?

Rolf can quite an abrasive jerk sometimes. Yah he's the kind of character everyone's character hates, but the kind who makes for interesting stories.

I think Rolf is aware of the other PCs but he tends to be a loner. Often times he's off hunting when others think he should be helping. Actually maybe tamp down the whole loner thing no sense in splitting the party before we even start.

Personality wise think Wolverine and you can't go too wrong.

EDIT: Rolf is built around this whole, failure, shame, anger, power thing I worked out.

Rolf feels shame in his past and present failures. That shame makes him angry. The anger drives him to seek more power for himself. If he fails or thinks he fails in finding that power, well we're right back to shame again. Its a vicious circle.

@FallenEco: I like Diemut a lot, but I really want to hear more about Uncle Sigmund. Both IC and OOC. Sigmund strikes me as someone Rolf would have idolized.

FallenEco
2012-10-21, 11:49 AM
I agree, Meriss. subject to storyteller approval, this is what I think of as Sigmund's backstory.

Sigmund Essert was Diemut's great uncle and one of the longest active Domini of the Tireless Cog. He pulled off many a raid and even bound a couple of bladelings at the same time. He played both sides of the ambush more times than anyone can remember.
It cost him a lot over the years, including his wife very early on. In fact most of his early career was a mission of vengence. It wasn't until his brother had a child that he started to become more mellow.
He was quick to laugh 'off-duty' but while he was working (either as a hunter or soldier) he was silent, save for sharing his plans. Between his seriousness and his habait of having a plan to ruin everyone, he was a highly respected Ashwalker.

By the by, if Rolf finds Diemut annoying, then I know how she thinks of him.

@Sanctaphrax: Is Nyklis related to Kora at all? Seems a shame to use the name and not conect the tribe's oldest demiurge...

Kyeudo
2012-10-21, 02:31 PM
Looks like we've got some good chemistry going. Cool. I'm working on getting an IC thread up.

Anyone have a problem with starting in media res?

Meriss
2012-10-21, 03:01 PM
I agree, Meriss. subject to storyteller approval, this is what I think of as Sigmund's backstory.

By the by, if Rolf finds Diemut annoying, then I know how she thinks of him.

I'm torn between annoyance and sort of a knee jerk fanboyish devotion once Rolf realizes exactly who Diemut's uncle was.

And the whole thing in the Recruit was a joke BTW. :smalltongue:

@Kyeudo: Zero problems here.

Meriss
2012-10-21, 03:13 PM
@All: Roughly how old is everyone viewing their characters? I'm wondering for the sake of somewhat integrated backstory. Fer example did we all know each other as children? Did we play together? What were our families like?

Though looking at the backgrounds and such Rolf seems to be sort of blue collar, in comparison. Fer heavens sake he only has one dot in Occult. And none in Lore, poor guy can't even read. To nuts with it! HUNTER! Though he's going to be tough to play, some genius forgot about Stealth. :smallredface:

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-21, 03:23 PM
I have no issue with starting in the middle of something.

I think Nyklis and Diemut would be good friends, given their similar ambitions and circumstances.

He might look down on Rolf a bit, since Rolf is as you say kind of blue collar.

Backstory addition: Nyklis has no interest whatsoever in violence, but after he implanted his Stone his mother forced him to learn how to fight. She was worried that he'd get eaten by some elemental.

Describe Nyklis' personality to me a little more. Is he more an ivory tower intellectual, concerned with research, or is he more the adventurer type intellectual, similar to Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, Nate Drake?

He's pretty hands-on. When he thinks up something brilliant, he goes out to implement it.

@Sanctaphrax: Is Nyklis related to Kora at all? Seems a shame to use the name and not conect the tribe's oldest demiurge...

Not closely, but yes.

FallenEco
2012-10-21, 11:50 PM
Firstly, to the Boss-Man: I'm good with starting in the middle of stuffs. It'll be interesting

In response to:

@All: Roughly how old is everyone viewing their characters? I'm wondering for the sake of somewhat integrated backstory. Fer example did we all know each other as children? Did we play together? What were our families like?

Though looking at the backgrounds and such Rolf seems to be sort of blue collar, in comparison. Fer heavens sake he only has one dot in Occult. And none in Lore, poor guy can't even read. To nuts with it! HUNTER! Though he's going to be tough to play, some genius forgot about Stealth. :smallredface:
And...

I have no issue with starting in the middle of something.

I think Nyklis and Diemut would be good friends, given their similar ambitions and circumstances.

He might look down on Rolf a bit, since Rolf is as you say kind of blue collar.

Backstory addition: Nyklis has no interest whatsoever in violence, but after he implanted his Stone his mother forced him to learn how to fight. She was worried that he'd get eaten by some elemental.

He's pretty hands-on. When he thinks up something brilliant, he goes out to implement it.

I'm thinking young adult in terms of age. 24 at most. I'm good with the idea of being childhood friends with Nyklis since that works better and ties into their simularities more. That said, she'll view him as more of an idealist, given his stance on violence but at least he doesn't waste time.

And don't feel bad Meriss: my little explorer doesn't have any athletics. Mind you that was by design...tell you what, Diemut will teach Rolf stealth shinaggins in exchange for lessons on athleticism.

Meriss
2012-10-22, 07:58 AM
Firstly, to the Boss-Man: I'm good with starting in the middle of stuffs. It'll be interesting

And don't feel bad Meriss: my little explorer doesn't have any athletics. Mind you that was by design...tell you what, Diemut will teach Rolf stealth shinaggins in exchange for lessons on athleticism.

Rolf was designed more as a scream and leap hunter. Track the quarry to a certain point then well.... scream and leap.

Though the whole lessons thing is going to be fun.

Personally I see Rolf being a little older than Nyklis and Diemut. Closer to 27-28. Though you do realize with a standard mortal life span we're all pushing middle age.

Kyeudo
2012-10-22, 10:36 AM
IC Thread exists now. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259134)

Off to play Minecraft. Stupidly addicting game of digital Lego blocks.

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-22, 02:40 PM
I pictured Nyklis as a teenager, actually, but I can make him 22 or so to match the rest of you.

Meriss
2012-10-22, 03:16 PM
@Sancta: It should be Forum roller.

Copy this and take out the spaces. Also modify the 5 to be your dice pool.

[ rollv ]5d10[ /rollv ]

Actually lemme try that

[roll0]

Meriss
2012-10-22, 06:24 PM
And of course some nameless fool forgot to do anything with his equipment. I'll fix that shortly.

FallenEco
2012-10-22, 06:41 PM
I pictured Nyklis as a teenager, actually, but I can make him 22 or so to match the rest of you.

Actually, in the intrests of a longer running game, it would be better if Diemut and Rolf scaled to match you. As it is, Rolf is pushing half his lifespan and Diemut is a little inexperienced for a stonebearer of a couple of years. In the end, I don't think it matters much though. We're not going to die of old age.

And of course some nameless fool forgot to do anything with his equipment. I'll fix that shortly.

...not the only one...
Did any of us bother filling it out? I made a section but...

Edit: Filling it out a little now.

Meriss
2012-10-22, 07:49 PM
Actually, in the intrests of a longer running game, it would be better if Diemut and Rolf scaled to match you. As it is, Rolf is pushing half his lifespan and Diemut is a little inexperienced for a stonebearer of a couple of years. In the end, I don't think it matters much though. We're not going to die of old age.

Actually that's not a bad idea. Though there was this one game of Exalted I heard about once..... :smallbiggrin:

I'll push Rolf back to about 24-25 thus he's still the voice of bitter experience but young enough to still get into shennanigans.

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-23, 12:07 AM
I didn't bother with equipment. Nyklis probably just has a club and some food. He would have a pencil and paper if he lived somewhere else, but he doesn't.

Also, thanks for the dice-rolling help.

Meriss
2012-10-23, 09:37 AM
I didn't bother with equipment. Nyklis probably just has a club and some food. He would have a pencil and paper if he lived somewhere else, but he doesn't.

Also, thanks for the dice-rolling help.

Is that a mundane club or would you like something a little better? With the right focus to Crafts we could make you a writing tablet or travelers journal.

No worries.

You actually roll 5d10 for Join Battle. Wits + Awareness + 1 bonus die from your Heirloom stone. Awareness is a Crystal ability.

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-23, 08:20 PM
It's an ordinary club. I'll probably get something better later.

Making a notepad or something might be possible, but stuff that you can write on and with is kind of rare among the Taken. Comes from living in a metallic world.

I'm pretty sure that Heirloom Stone is only meant to boost pools based directly on the Aspect, not ones that use Aspect Abilities.

FallenEco
2012-10-24, 05:46 AM
That is the way it reads to me.

Are we waiting on the boss?

Meriss
2012-10-24, 07:01 AM
That is the way it reads to me.

Are we waiting on the boss?

I believe we are. And you guys are correct it is only pools that use the aspect, not their related abilities. Dang!

Kyeudo
2012-10-24, 03:04 PM
Don't worry too much. It just takes me a bit to do updates.

Meriss
2012-10-25, 02:20 PM
Don't worry too much. It just takes me a bit to do updates.

S'okay! Could we help in any way? Fer example we could do a unified Join Battle Roll the average of all three of us is 7d10. Saves some time.

Kyeudo
2012-10-25, 11:10 PM
Is there a cure for minecraft addiction? :smalltongue:

In all actuallity, it's just my difficulty of moving from general ideas to specifics. I know you are being attacked by tunnel people, but what they are like, how many, tactics, stats, etc. take a bit of time to come up with.

Meriss
2012-10-26, 07:07 AM
Is there a cure for minecraft addiction? :smalltongue:

Yes there is. You won't like it however.

Quit cold turkey.

Told you you wouldn't like it.

In all actuallity, it's just my difficulty of moving from general ideas to specifics. I know you are being attacked by tunnel people, but what they are like, how many, tactics, stats, etc. take a bit of time to come up with.

1. Dead soon, hopefully.

2. A gang, which scientifcally speaking is somewhere between a few and a whole mess.

3. Rush the enemy. Die hiddeously.

4. All mortal so hopefully like 5 health levels each, or you could go mass/mob HP rules.

Kyeudo
2012-10-29, 12:50 AM
Don't bother rolling damage. I'll roll it from home. With extra successes, stunts, and varying soak values, only I really have a clue what you should be rolling for damage.

Don't wait for me to resolve each of your posts individually. This goes faster if everyone before the NPCs posts, then I make one update for all the NPCs, and then so on.

If I forget to post what stunt awards you got for your post, tell me so I can at least award you motes.

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-29, 10:48 AM
The other PCs are fighting, and meanwhile my guy is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Stupid low Join Battle roll.

But hey, them's the breaks. My character isn't exactly designed to go first.

Meriss
2012-10-29, 01:37 PM
The other PCs are fighting, and meanwhile my guy is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Stupid low Join Battle roll.

But hey, them's the breaks. My character isn't exactly designed to go first.

Where as Rolf is designed to go first. All the time, every time. That's why I took Instant Reaction Prana, and Blind Impulse Evasion.

So that way I will always go first, even if I'm surprised. Now to earn XP and start comboing some of these.

Kyeudo
2012-10-29, 04:17 PM
No need for Combos. 2.5 errata, remember?

FallenEco
2012-10-29, 07:05 PM
Ah good old 2.5...

Of course, I'll need to purchase combat charms before I can benifit, but it doea make things much smoother...

Meriss
2012-10-30, 02:04 PM
No need for Combos. 2.5 errata, remember?

Knew I missed something good. :smallredface:

Thanks for the heads up bossman. :smallbiggrin:

Now what can I do with this information? :smallamused:

EDIT:

I added all of Rolf's relevant attack stats into my sheet. Though I do have to do the math on unarmed attacks and my damage.

I'm done!

Meriss
2012-10-30, 09:13 PM
A few questions:

1. Can I use my bow as a melee weapon?

2. What would that look like math wise?

3. With Coruscating Arc Attack, the charm indicates that the weapon is held, does this include adding damage to arrows and such?

4. Does Lightning Focus (Athletics) mean I roll 8 dice for Athletics rolls or 9?

Sanctaphrax
2012-10-31, 12:38 AM
Updated character sheet with club attack stats.

Kyeudo
2012-10-31, 10:01 AM
A few questions:

1. Can I use my bow as a melee weapon?

Yes

2. What would that look like math wise?

Improvised Club attack, with accuracy at -2.

3. With Coruscating Arc Attack, the charm indicates that the weapon is held, does this include adding damage to arrows and such?

That's the fluff. The Charm boosts the damage of any attack you make, ranged or melee.

4. Does Lightning Focus (Athletics) mean I roll 8 dice for Athletics rolls or 9?

It means your Lightning is treated as being one greater than normal while you are taking Athletics-related actions. So your dice cap could be one higher, you can buy an extra die with your Excellency, and you do get an extra die if you make an Aspect-based roll, such as if you were to throw a Lightning Bolt while doing a backflip.

Meriss
2012-11-05, 09:39 AM
Poke, polka, Pokemon?

Kyeudo
2012-11-05, 11:38 AM
Sorry, my family had an early Thanksgiving and I picked up an extra shift at work. I'll get the next post up today.

Meriss
2012-11-06, 03:18 PM
S'Alright.

You are in fact entitled to RL or family time.

The whole botch thing doesn't surprise me at all. I'm trying to conserve motes with the smaller Essence pool, but I guess I'll have to ramp up my mote expenditure.

But my XP spending is clear anyway.

OX Body or whatever its called. Which Ain't going to happen, yeesh.

Essence to 2

Buy up Archery.

EDIT: Hey Bossman: Did the Improvised club attack include the Melee with magical materials info?

Kyeudo
2012-11-07, 01:01 AM
Yeah, did we ever discuss how fast I should be handing out XP?

EDIT: Hey Bossman: Did the Improvised club attack include the Melee with magical materials info?

Sure, I'll let you throw it on.

Meriss
2012-11-07, 10:46 AM
Yeah, did we ever discuss how fast I should be handing out XP?

I've always left that up to the ST. Depends on how fast you want to accelerate things.

Sure, I'll let you throw it on.

Sweeeeet. :smallbiggrin:

FallenEco
2012-11-07, 01:17 PM
S'Alright.

You are in fact entitled to RL or family time.

The whole botch thing doesn't surprise me at all. I'm trying to conserve motes with the smaller Essence pool, but I guess I'll have to ramp up my mote expenditure.
*SNIP*

Agreed. It's ok boss, as long as it doesn't die like the other pbps I've played: before the end of act 1.

Oh, and Meriss? Some of us need to buy combat charms. Then I'll kinda worrry about my mote pool.

Meriss
2012-11-07, 03:09 PM
Agreed. It's ok boss, as long as it doesn't die like the other pbps I've played: before the end of act 1.

Oh, and Meriss? Some of us need to buy combat charms. Then I'll kinda worrry about my mote pool.

Some of us started with combat charms. :smalltongue: Always, always, always cheaper at char gen.

If only your melee excellency. For this very reason.

FallenEco
2012-11-08, 05:50 AM
True. I have already decided I need to work towards Expanded Smoke Harmony (Melee).

Of course that will take 27 experience and 5 weeks, 6 days training time...

Oh well

Meriss
2012-11-08, 10:50 AM
True. I have already decided I need to work towards Expanded Smoke Harmony (Melee).

Of course that will take 27 experience and 5 weeks, 6 days training time...

Oh well

The (Aspect) Focus Talent off your excellency might be cheaper. Though I'm still not sure I'm understanding the boss correctly. You also might want the Elemental Bolt attack. If nothing else cheaper and easier. Also gives you options you didn't have.

EDIT: CRUD! I've lost track of my motes.

@BOSS: Are we going with permanent Mote commitment to Artifacts?

Kyeudo
2012-11-08, 01:11 PM
The (Aspect) Focus Talent off your excellency might be cheaper. Though I'm still not sure I'm understanding the boss correctly.

It's like a Specialty. Say you had Metal Focus[Swords] and Metal 2. When you are fighting with a sword, you could boost your Melee roll by 3 dice with your excellency instead of 2. When making a sword with Craft, same thing. Trying to disarm a sword using Metal Bolt Attack? You roll an extra die (because the attack roll uses Aspect instead of an Ability) and you can buy that extra die with the excellency if you wanted.

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, you have to keep motes committed to an artifact if you are planning to use it.

Meriss
2012-11-08, 04:28 PM
It's like a Specialty. Say you had Metal Focus[Swords] and Metal 2. When you are fighting with a sword, you could boost your Melee roll by 3 dice with your excellency instead of 2. When making a sword with Craft, same thing. Trying to disarm a sword using Metal Bolt Attack? You roll an extra die (because the attack roll uses Aspect instead of an Ability) and you can buy that extra die with the excellency if you wanted.

Okay! That I get! Maybe I just had to see the numbers in play. Though Specialties and I have had a complex relationship.

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, you have to keep motes committed to an artifact if you are planning to use it.

That's what I meant. Trying to figure out my starting mote pool. I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on it now.

FallenEco
2012-11-09, 08:31 AM
The (Aspect) Focus Talent off your excellency might be cheaper. Though I'm still not sure I'm understanding the boss correctly. You also might want the Elemental Bolt attack. If nothing else cheaper and easier. Also gives you options you didn't have.

EDIT: CRUD! I've lost track of my motes.

...*Facepalms*

Yep, that would do it...

Thank you.

Meriss
2012-11-09, 09:14 AM
...*Facepalms*

Yep, that would do it...

Thank you.

I live to Power Game. :smallcool: :smallbiggrin:

I should have my mote pool straightened shortly. Then I'll post my action.

EDIT: Up! Though ARGH, I can use EoL to add dice to EBA!

FallenEco
2012-11-09, 10:20 AM
It can understand your confusion about motes; I'm always miscounting mine.

Still I know I am very much in the black. Plus Soul-steel weapon ^^.

I'm good. For now anyway.

Kyeudo
2012-11-09, 03:26 PM
Still I know I am very much in the black. Plus Soul-steel weapon ^^.

You don't get the motes that a soulsteel weapon bleeds off unless you know Dark Messiah Form.

FallenEco
2012-11-10, 04:50 AM
Shh!

If I dont remember hat, I can have a happy moment.

Besides, I only spent the points on the excellancy anyway.

Meriss
2012-11-10, 09:34 AM
Shh!

If I dont remember hat, I can have a happy moment.

Besides, I only spent the points on the excellancy anyway.

If nothing else you still get the Magical material bonus.

Soulsteel: Soulsteel melee weapons are forged from human souls alloyed with frigid black stone from the caverns beneath the Underworld. When a soulsteel weapon strikes a target, it drains her warmth to fill the endless cold that exists within itself.

In the hands of an Abyssal Exalt, a soulsteel melee weapon is +2 Accuracy and drains a number of motes of Essence equal to the wielder’s permanent Essence whenever it strikes a target and inflicts at least one health level of damage.

Which is pretty darn scary against anything with an Essence score. I'm scared!

FallenEco
2012-11-11, 02:13 AM
Why would Diemut want to hurt you?
o.o
What are you hiding?

Kyeudo
2012-11-16, 09:54 PM
Sorry for the long delay. Holiday season starting up and I work retail. My brain has been fried.

FallenEco
2012-11-17, 06:13 AM
Ocuh!

I am sorry. That can be a killer...
Glad to have you back though.

Meriss
2012-11-17, 08:41 AM
Sorry for the long delay. Holiday season starting up and I work retail. My brain has been fried.

Ewwwwww.

I sympathize. I work in tech support and am dreading Black Friday. Stay strong brother.

FallenEco
2012-11-18, 03:45 AM
...I feel your pain as well, my friend...

Edit: I am an idiot. I forgot abouut the essence = miniuim dicepool for actions thing. I owe the boss one 'athletics' die.

Kyeudo
2012-11-25, 05:16 PM
Meriss seems to be missing from the internet. I blame the holidays.

In other news, I no longer work in retail! I now have a real job as a programmer!

FallenEco
2012-11-25, 10:42 PM
Congrats!

You're no longer a lowly wage slave suffering through the torment of purgatory.
Now you're just a wage slave! ;)

And just in time to avoid the present giving season, when you would've had to deal with last minute buyers. Not a moment too soon.

Meriss
2012-11-28, 05:09 PM
Meriss seems to be missing from the internet. I blame the holidays.

ACK!!! I knew I forgot something before I left for my vacation.

Sorrry!

In other news, I no longer work in retail! I now have a real job as a programmer!

Good. Now The tech support guys knows who to blame. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Sanctaphrax
2012-11-28, 05:34 PM
I'll echo FallenEco here. Congratulations, and good timing.

FallenEco
2012-11-29, 06:56 AM
I'll echo FallenEco here. Congratulations, and good timing.

Really? You're echoing Eco?
This cannot end well.

Kyeudo
2012-12-01, 12:53 AM
ACK!!! I knew I forgot something before I left for my vacation.

Sorrry!

So, about that post you were going to do . . .

Meriss
2012-12-05, 09:06 AM
So, about that post you were going to do . . .

It is up sorry for the delay.

Kyeudo
2012-12-05, 09:21 PM
It is up sorry for the delay.

Now I'm the one who needs to appologize. :smallredface: Minecraft stole my brain for a while so that I could build a giant tree and then an ice palace at the north pole.

All things willing, I will spare enough brain cycles to get an update up tonight or tommorow.

FallenEco
2012-12-06, 04:21 AM
I won't be back online until Monday (my time).

So I guess I'll see you all in three-four days time.

Meriss
2012-12-06, 09:24 AM
Now I'm the one who needs to appologize. :smallredface: Minecraft stole my brain for a while so that I could build a giant tree and then an ice palace at the north pole.

See its stories and vids like this that say, Get it

All things willing, I will spare enough brain cycles to get an update up tonight or tommorow.

And then this comes up and I'm like, do I have the time?

Kyeudo
2012-12-06, 10:54 PM
See its stories and vids like this that say, Get it

And then this comes up and I'm like, do I have the time?

Minecraft is strong wine, my friend. It is not for the faint of heart.

Ice palace construction is on hold while I tunnel from one end of the world to the other. I need quicker access to Hell if I'm going to light my palace without melting the walls but I'm not yet ready to set up a Nether Portal.

FallenEco
2012-12-09, 02:43 AM
Finshed early! Back now!

...what happened?

Meriss
2012-12-09, 08:39 AM
Finshed early! Back now!

...what happened?

The boss is presumably using mob health rules. We hit the "magic" numbers and won.

I'll take it.

Kyeudo
2012-12-09, 12:25 PM
It was more "You have proved that you can take a handful of basic Extras and now outnumber the remaining ones 2 to 1. They will now spend all of their rounds in combat running away so as to not die." I figured we'd skip the dice rolling and get around to the roleplaying.

Kyeudo
2012-12-15, 01:04 AM
In case you guys haven't noticed, I updated the MotIE document. Now it has a cover, Charm diagrams, and another dozen or so Charms and Talents. Shouldn't have changed anything you guys have, but might change your future plans.

FallenEco
2012-12-15, 02:22 AM
Thank you boss!

We have charm tree diagrams now! Yay!

Ooohhhh! Recovery Inducing Miasima!
Pretty

Meriss
2012-12-15, 10:49 AM
Thank you boss!

We have charm tree diagrams now! Yay!

Ooohhhh! Recovery Inducing Miasima!
Pretty

I'll echo the oooohhh pretty. Cool!

Kyeudo
2012-12-19, 09:04 AM
Here is the tricky part of this game. I'm waiting on you guys to decide to do something. You're the only Domini out here in this little mining town at the moment, so what happens next is largely up to you.

Meriss
2012-12-28, 09:29 AM
Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

FallenEco
2012-12-28, 10:01 AM
Sorry, holidays are messing with my schedule. Will post some time tomorrow

Kyeudo
2012-12-29, 03:21 AM
That is what holidays are for.

Kyeudo
2013-01-12, 12:57 AM
So, who survived the holidays?

I think I did. My bank account may think otherwise, but what is money for if not for spending?

Sanctaphrax
2013-01-15, 01:13 AM
I'm still around.

Meriss
2013-01-15, 03:02 PM
Still here. Petering around.

Honestly This right here is why I dislike sandbox style games. I have zero clue what to do.

Okay, general plan but that's about it.

PLAN
Interogate greenskins. Set up defensable perimeter. Fortify position, send resources back to home base. Wait for next attack. Lather, rinse & repeat.

Which sounds boring but It's what I got. Other Ideas?

Kyeudo
2013-01-15, 06:42 PM
PLAN
Interogate greenskins. Set up defensable perimeter. Fortify position, send resources back to home base. Wait for next attack. Lather, rinse & repeat.

Which sounds boring but It's what I got. Other Ideas?

That sounds like a great way to get a clue what's going on.

Sanctaphrax
2013-01-16, 12:54 AM
Sounds good to me.

Kyeudo
2013-01-21, 12:26 AM
Someone should probably reply to Nyklis, maybe make a statement of action so that I can present whatever relevant information you may need.

Also someone over on the White Wolf forums has sent me a PM about maybe joining the game.

Meriss
2013-01-21, 10:52 AM
Someone should probably reply to Nyklis, maybe make a statement of action so that I can present whatever relevant information you may need.

Missed it. Ooops

Also someone over on the White Wolf forums has sent me a PM about maybe joining the game.

That might be cool. Did you PM FallenEco?

Sanctaphrax
2013-01-23, 12:17 AM
I think a new player would be a good thing.

Teleut
2013-01-25, 08:17 PM
I think a new player would be a good thing.

Hey, I'm Teleute from the Exalted forum, the person who PMed Kyeudo about playing. I just wanted to say hello, make my presence known, and give a tiny update. I sent Kyeudo my character sheet and history this morning to look over. Also to check the math since I lost any skill with numbers after high school. Seriously, my quantitative GRE score was abyssal.

Anyways, I hope you'll all have me and, even if I don't play, joy be shared across the land.

Kyeudo
2013-01-26, 01:56 AM
Hey, I'm Teleute from the Exalted forum, the person who PMed Kyeudo about playing. I just wanted to say hello, make my presence known, and give a tiny update. I sent Kyeudo my character sheet and history this morning to look over. Also to check the math since I lost any skill with numbers after high school. Seriously, my quantitative GRE score was abyssal.

Anyways, I hope you'll all have me and, even if I don't play, joy be shared across the land.

I've got his backstory and I think its reasonably good. Unless anyone has any objections, I'm fine with adding him to the game.

Teleut
2013-01-26, 03:33 PM
Kyeudo gave me the go ahead to post this, so here is my character sheet. Only had one minor mathematical error which was found and rectified. I left four intimacy slots open if anyone potentially wants to try to tie our characters together, party cohesion and all.

Heissa Nödt, Steam Aspect Healer

Appearance: Done with this (http://www.tektek.org/dream/) cause I can't draw.
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/182795/Heissa3.pnghttp://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/182801/Heissa4.png
With her familiar, and her travelling hat and bag

Motivation
To ensure the physical and social health of the Taken by restoring them to permanently settled life.

Languages
Taken, Old Realm

Attributes
PHYSICAL:
Strength ●
Dexterity ●●●
Stamina ●●
SOCIAL:
Charisma ●●●
Manipulation ●
Appearance ●●●
MENTAL:
Perception ●●
Intelligence ●●●
Wits ●●●●

Abilities
Favored Ability: Medicine
Steam:
Archery ●●
Linguistics ●
Medicine ●●●●● (2 BP), Specialty: Treating Wounds ●●●
Presence ●●●●● ,Specialty: Command ●
Socialize ●●●●●
Out of Aspect:
Dodge ●●●
Integrity ●
Resistance ●●
Athletics ●
Lore ●●

Weapon Stats
Steam Bolt: Speed 5, Accuracy +(Essence [2]), Damage (4 + Essence [2] + Aspect [3])L, Rate 1, Range 200, Cost 3m
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage +0B, Defense –, Rate 1,Tags C, N, P
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +3B, Defense -2, Rate 2, Tags N
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +0B, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags N

Backgrounds
Communion ●●
Resources ●●
Familiar (Gulhen the Tailless Glow-Rat) ●
Heirloom Stone ●
Influence (Former Patients) ●

Aspects
Steam ●●● (6 BP)

Charms
Excellency of Steam
Steam Bolt Attack
Seeing Without Eyes
Wound-Cauterizing Touch
Disability-Rectifying Care
Boiling Emotion Cauldron

Intimacies 8 Available
Hatred: Violent Elementals and Exmachina
Pride: The Tireless Cog Tribe
Concern: The Taken
Maternal Love: Patients

Essence
Essence: ●● (10 BP)
Essence Pool: 28

Willpower
Willpower ●●●●●

Virtues
Compassion: ●●●
Conviction: ●●
Temperance: ●●
Valor: ●●

Loss of Control
Control 10/10

Health
-0 []
-1 [][]
-2 [][]
-4 []
Incapacitated []

Equipment
Off-White Leather Robes
Wide Traveling Hat
Small Traveling Bag
Basic Surgical Tool Set
Rags and Strips of Cloth
Vials
Small Metal Rat Cage

Experience
XP Gained:
XP Spent:

History
Heissa was a fragile child born into a family of hardy miners. Everyday she would see her family go off into the dangerous reaches to search for resources. More than occasionally, come would back injured. She heard stories of the hazards of mining, of vengeful elementals, and of all sorts of other horrors that resided in vile Autochthon. When she was finally old enough to be apprenticed, her parents sent her to a merchant as they worried that the world outside the town would be too much for her. Young and eager, she threw herself into becoming a saleswoman so that she could make her parents proud. Along with an endearing innocence stemming from her somewhat sheltered childhood to help her appeal, the merchant often sourced from her family and she thus had a personal stake in the business. However, the more she worked, the more she became disillusioned with certain aspects of the business. While the arrangements helped both merchants and the miners, the miners lived a life of constant danger. The lives of the nomadic tribes the merchant traded with were even more fret with troubles.

Shortly after she became old enough to live on her own, her older brother was killed by a gremlin elemental in front of her parents. She resolved to do something more direct for the miners and even the nomadic tribes. Knowing she would need power, she asked for a chance at the honor of becoming a Dominus. Against the will of her parents, who were concerned for her life and did not want to loose another child, she went through with the procedure and through her will successfully integrated with a Steam Binding Stone. She then started her life over, studying under the few healers available to her. Once she felt she had learn all she could learn, she set up a clinic out of her tent near the outskirts of town. She only charges what she believes to be a reasonable amount for the person to pay for her services, less for miners and almost nothing for visiting nomads. She still treats the more fotunate, such as merchants and tribal leaders who trust the powers of a Dominus to provide proper care, she just charges more. She makes a good but not extravagant living on her services. Her hope is to ensure the physical health of the town via her services and even its social health by bring all classes in-contact with each other, even if only at the front of the tent. One day, she hopes to take a more active role in leading her people but she has been preoccupied with her medical duties.

Personality
Heissa is very intelligent but occasionally absentminded. Indeed, on first meeting her causally, she can seem silly or ditsy but she will quickly focus when needed. This can sometimes be jarring for those around her as the seemingly harmless young woman becomes a commanding figure with the presence expected of a Dominus. She can’t stand watching people suffer and works to end what suffering she sees. This extends beyond immediate physical pain to social issues, which drives her desire to change her people’s way of life.

Also, I put together this campaign wiki (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/masters-of-the-industrial-elements-beta) for the game. I don't know if we could or would even want to use such a thing but I always have to do something else while watching TV. At the very least, I find it useful to have the game text archived (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/masters-of-the-industrial-elements-beta/adventure-log) somewhere without all the forum accoutrements like avatar, sigs, OOC speech, dice rolls, etc. If anyone doesn't want the wiki around for whatever reason, I can delete it with no hassle.

Lastly, if no one has any objections to me joining, any preferences as to how I enter the scene? I know Nyklis already called for healers and saw to most of the casualties. It would not be out of the character for Heissa to have slept through all of that and wake up to find the post-battle situation, which she can help with. Particularly in stopping infections.

Sanctaphrax
2013-01-28, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the show, Teleut(e). Good to have you onboard.

I'll have Nyklis ask a villager to fetch Heissa.

How do I join the campaign wiki? I already have an account, I'm just not sure how to use it.

Teleut
2013-01-29, 12:50 AM
Works for me. Makes her seem less irresponsible than the alternative I thought of. Plus, it's always nice to be asked for. ^_^

For the wiki, I sent you an invitation. When you join I can transfer control of your character to you too.

Meriss
2013-01-29, 04:38 PM
Welcome ABOARD!

:smallbiggrin:

Also I demand links to the chibi creator!

Teleut
2013-01-29, 06:07 PM
Welcome ABOARD!

:smallbiggrin:

Also I demand links to the chibi creator!

Gracias and here ya go.

www.tektek.org/dream/

A poster at the Exalted forum used to make depictions of canon characters using that site, which inspired me to use it for PCs in lieu of actual artistic talent. :smallcool:

Meriss
2013-02-11, 10:26 AM
Yah I located it, then promptly forgot about it, then summarily went on a MMO jag. Oooopth :smalleek: Kinda back now.

Meriss
2013-02-11, 11:04 AM
And behold Rolf's new scary look.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2434/tek511915bb3e3681615550.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/52626299)

Teleut
2013-02-11, 06:50 PM
I approve! It also makes me want to go watch Predator again.

Added it to the wiki (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/masters-of-the-industrial-elements-beta/characters/rolf-hesser) too. Though I did do a quick edit to make the bow golden as I think your weapon is made of Oricalcum, if that's okay.

Kyeudo
2013-02-14, 10:20 PM
Teleut, I'm having you guys roll any roll you know you are making except for damage rolls (since you have to know how well you hit before you can roll damage and that slows down play). I'll roll, either at home or on the forum, for anything that you don't get to know the results of and for NPCs.

Kyeudo
2013-02-15, 12:31 AM
Might want to use the forum die roller in the future. It's [rollv ]5d10[/rollv ] to roll 5 dice.

Teleut
2013-02-15, 12:34 AM
Might want to use the forum die roller in the future. It's [rollv ]5d10[/rollv ] to roll 5 dice.

I did not know about that forum function. Way easier than counting dice and typing the results out.

Kyeudo
2013-02-15, 12:48 AM
It only works in this branch of the forums, everywhere else it just turns into [roll0 ] tags. Just remember that rollv lets you view the die rolls, while roll just gives you the result.

Teleut
2013-03-08, 12:01 AM
Should I reroll to see if I get any further to gaining their trust?

Kyeudo
2013-03-08, 12:14 AM
Not unless you do something more to try to gain their trust.

Feel free to ask me questions, especially if you don't want to post something in the IC thread because you don't want your character to miss the obvious.

I know this is a tough situation, since its a real-world problem for modern societies still, and I hope I haven't killed the game with it.

Teleut
2013-03-08, 09:57 PM
Nah. Like you said, this happens in real life. I just wanted to try a few things before resorting to an idea that I may or may not have thought of without out-of-character knowledge. In most first contact situations were there is mutual unintelligibility, hand signals and such rarely work all that well without an object of real significance to mutually focus on. More material options tend to be better. As a result, commerce has served as a good first contact language in many cases.

In this case, I say we offer a material these guys very likely need desperately. Food for co-operation.

Teleut
2013-03-18, 11:57 PM
Okay... I tried the in-forum dice roller and it didn't seem to work. I tried it both in and outside the spoiler tags but no dice (ha!). Is there something I need to turn on in settings or something?

Kyeudo
2013-03-18, 11:58 PM
No, you just can't edit a new roll into a post.

Sanctaphrax
2013-04-01, 12:50 AM
Whoa. Seven successes on four dice.

Most of 'em will probably be wasted, though.

Teleut
2013-04-02, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it's always for something like track the minions or cook a really good stew. Crazy exceptional successes never seem to be around for one-shot the boss rolls.

Kyeudo
2013-04-06, 06:05 PM
Bad news. Meriss and FallenEco seem to have disappeared from the boards. One hasn't been on since December, the other has been gone for a month.

Teleut
2013-04-06, 06:53 PM
Have you tried messaging them?

Kyeudo
2013-04-09, 06:46 PM
After you suggested messaging them, I sent them an email. No response from either so far.

FallenEco
2013-04-10, 04:18 AM
I apologise for my absence.

I am sorry.

Please don't make me beg to come back. I like to pretend that I have some pride left...

Kyeudo
2013-04-10, 07:49 AM
I'm just glad you're back. I find mysterious disappearances somewhat disturbing.

FallenEco
2013-04-11, 01:51 AM
I understand. Again sorry.

I won't do it again.

Kyeudo
2013-04-11, 01:54 AM
I'm not mad. I was worried is all. I don't like it when games are going well and then mysteriously just stop. I had an Alchemicals game die right in the middle of a conversation once.

FallenEco
2013-04-11, 02:11 AM
That's a little frighting. Wouldn't that be like talking to someone, turning away for a second and having them disappear? Except you know, understandable.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Just signed up to Obsidian Portal...how do I join the wiki?

Teleut
2013-04-11, 06:45 AM
Welcome back! I just sent you an invitation to the wiki so that you have greater access to the pages.

Also, I got very busy writing my BA thesis in undergrad and via neglect ended up abandoning two characters in a free-form RPG. I still feel guilty about it... though less than I might have as it wasn't turning out to be very fun. This game, however, has been fun and you have triumphantly returned so all is well.

Kyeudo
2013-04-11, 07:43 AM
Now if only we heard from Meriss.

Kyeudo
2013-04-13, 01:18 PM
So, what are we going to do about Rolf? I see a few options.

- Rolf? Who's Rolf? There's never been any Rolf here!

- Rolf stayed behind to organize the village's defenses

- We wait some more and see if Meriss turns back up.

Right now, I'm partial to option #1. What are your thoughts?

Sanctaphrax
2013-04-13, 11:10 PM
I like option #2. Leaving the village defenceless seemed kind of risky to me.

Teleut
2013-04-14, 06:35 PM
I like option 2 as well. If Meriss shows up again we can think of a reason to get Rolf caught up.

FallenEco
2013-04-15, 01:41 AM
2 sounds good to me.
Teleut's right, we can always give an excuse to have Rolf/Meriss catch up.

Teleut
2013-04-16, 03:37 AM
So I was procrastinating today and made an image of what I imagine Diemut looks like with her light buff jacket and oiled hair. Might be totally off but I thought I would share.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/203913/Diemut_Essert.png

I was going to make one for Nyklis too but I don't really have a clear image of him in my mind yet.

Also, Kyeudo, feel free to say no but is there any chance you'd be willing to make an account on the wiki so I can have it list you as the GM. The account is free (though there's an unnecessary paid membership you can get at a discount on from their kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/252020431/obsidian-portal-reforged)) and you can set it so that they never send you e-mails.

Kyeudo
2013-04-16, 07:46 AM
I have an account. It's Kyeudo.

FallenEco
2013-04-16, 08:58 AM
*GLOMPS*
Thank you Teleut!

She is beutiful! Can I make her my avatar here? and put her on the obisidan site? Please?

Teleut
2013-04-16, 04:32 PM
I don't know how I missed you, Kyeudo. My brain was apparently taking a day off.

And FallenEco, I'm happy you like her! Please use the image for whatever you desire. She is yours after all. Here's a recropped image that might show up better on the forums.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/204107/Diemut_avatar.png

Kyeudo
2013-04-18, 02:17 PM
So, Heissa is still not going to be able to spot these guys on one success. That leaves us with a question? Are we going to resolve this with combat or are you going to make an attempt at something else?

FallenEco
2013-04-19, 04:57 AM
I have an idea. Will post in a few hours.

Will need to confer with other player charaters IC to pull it off.

Diemut doesn't speak Old Realm, after all.

FallenEco
2013-04-29, 09:29 AM
Huzzah! The site's back!

Is the game?

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 11:24 AM
Yes, soon as I can type up what happens next.

Teleut
2013-04-29, 04:14 PM
Awesome. And combat too!

Just wanna check, the Greenskins are attacking the figures coming out of the fog or us?

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 04:19 PM
The greenskins are the figures coming out of the fog and attacking you.

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 06:46 PM
I modeled Elemental Bolt as a weapon, so it adds its Accuracy to your base roll, which the Charm calls out as using Aspect instead of Ability. So, your dice pool for the bolt attack is (Dexterity + Aspect + Essence) in total.

Is this confusing?

Teleut
2013-04-29, 07:16 PM
A little bit but only because of the formatting. I would have been expecting to see it like you have for Damage.

So, "Accuracy (Aspect + Essence)" just like "Damage (Essence + Aspect)L" is what I would have been expecting. The way it is right now, "Accuracy +(Essence)", I thought the character would only add Essence. Which seemed a bit weak.

Kyeudo
2013-04-29, 07:26 PM
It's meant to be a weapon's stat block, like that for a knife or a slashing sword. There, you add the listed Accuracy as a bonus to your roll.

Teleut
2013-04-30, 12:55 AM
Then it might just have been my lack of familiarity. I don't have a clear image in my mind how the blocks look in the official books.

FallenEco
2013-04-30, 03:53 AM
So much for not having a fight on our hands.

Meriss
2013-05-06, 09:42 AM
Okay umm wow!

:smalleek: :smallwink:

You guys are still going.

My deepest darkest most abject apologies. All I can say is a very devious book swallowed my brain.

I'll read the thread then see if Rolf can't catch up.

Teleut
2013-05-06, 01:28 PM
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/masters-of-the-industrial-elements-beta/adventure-log

Here is the campaign text minus the OOC stuff like planning and rolling. Makes it a slightly quicker read. Feel free to sign up for the wiki too.

Kyeudo
2013-05-06, 01:45 PM
Okay umm wow!

:smalleek: :smallwink:

You guys are still going.

My deepest darkest most abject apologies. All I can say is a very devious book swallowed my brain.

I'll read the thread then see if Rolf can't catch up.

Welcome back! Roll Join Battle and take your first action.

What book, btw?

Meriss
2013-05-06, 02:02 PM
Welcome back! Roll Join Battle and take your first action.

What book, btw?

The one with all the faces, and games. Annddd well This (facebook.com) one. I prolly won't be able to post today though.

Kyeudo
2013-05-06, 02:06 PM
Oh, that one. I don't read that one.

Teleut
2013-05-06, 02:39 PM
Both of those books are pretty absorbing!

Kyeudo
2013-05-08, 12:42 AM
Which opponent did Heissa target with her Steam Bolt?

Teleut
2013-05-08, 12:50 AM
The leader who attacked Nyklis.

Kyeudo
2013-05-08, 12:51 AM
This is going to be fun . . . :belkar:

Teleut
2013-05-09, 07:51 PM
Y'all probably already knew this but the kickstarter for Exalted 3rd Edition is now on.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-exalted-3rd-edition

Funded in a ridiculously short about of time.

FallenEco
2013-05-10, 07:25 AM
I knows about it.

It ate my moneys.

Teleut
2013-05-10, 12:06 PM
Aye, it ate a lot of my poor student moneys as well. Even siphoned off a bit of my support for a few other worthy (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655572033/ova-the-anime-role-playing-game) Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nekoewen/golden-sky-stories-heartwarming-role-playing) projects (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geniscarreras/philographics-big-ideas-in-simple-shapes) but I want that Oricalcum Edition dagnabit!

Kyeudo
2013-05-10, 10:33 PM
I knows about it.

It ate my moneys.

It's threatening to eat more of my moneys.

EDIT: Strike that, it eated them. Stupid cloth map making me pay more money for stuff I want.

FallenEco
2013-05-11, 11:20 AM
Aye, it ate a lot of my poor student moneys as well. Even siphoned off a bit of my support for a few other worthy (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655572033/ova-the-anime-role-playing-game) Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nekoewen/golden-sky-stories-heartwarming-role-playing) projects (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geniscarreras/philographics-big-ideas-in-simple-shapes) but I want that Oricalcum Edition dagnabit!

You...you dropped out of Golden Skies and Ova! Curse the seductive power of oricalcum! Will we never be free of it's golden spell? Can no one resis-

Wait, I'm getting the Deluxe Edition 'cause I still wanted to back the other things more than have a metal book posted to me. I can't talk.

Kyeudo
2013-05-12, 08:35 PM
It appears that the Kickstarter put Meriss in a coma or something, because he dropped off the forum again. Looks like I'll have to do another update without Rolf present.

FallenEco
2013-05-12, 09:42 PM
Drat!

I don't suppose he has responded to any pokes?

Kyeudo
2013-05-12, 09:50 PM
Haven't poked him yet. Will do.

Meriss
2013-05-13, 10:53 AM
Sorry My brain keeps going on hiatus. Work is slowly killing me. I'll try and get caught up today and post (hopefully) tomorrow.

Kyeudo
2013-05-13, 06:09 PM
Sorry My brain keeps going on hiatus. Work is slowly killing me. I'll try and get caught up today and post (hopefully) tomorrow.

:smalleek: Don't die! That would make me sad! :smallfrown:

Also, I will be moving to an apartment over the next few days. I am unsure of what sort of internet I will be having or how soon I can get set up, so posting may be infrequent for the next week.

FallenEco
2013-05-15, 04:37 AM
Noted.

Don't die, Meriss.

Hopefully we'll see you soon Kyeudo.

Meriss
2013-05-15, 10:24 AM
Noted.

Don't die, Meriss.

I'll do my best, work is not conducive to creativity however.

Oh well, Maybe I'll get lucky and manage to hit FanExpo this year.

Hopefully we'll see you soon Kyeudo.

Ditto

Kyeudo
2013-05-19, 01:50 AM
Good news and more good news!

First, I'm moving my computer to my apartment tomorrow and should have internet set up before the end of the week, so I should be able to post normally again.

Second, if that doesn't work, I just got a smartphone, so I'll have internet that way if nothing else, so I posting should resume even if I have troubles getting internet.

Teleut
2013-05-19, 02:55 AM
I missed out on the get-a-char-drawn-in-a-book kickstarter tier, so I will getting my first PCs name dropped in the fiction anthology, the Oricalcum, AND backing GSS and OVA. Got to have the cake and eat it too... just with a smaller cake.

Also Kyeudo, congrats on —hopefully by the time I post this— getting things into your apartment. I hate the massive moving and will be doing it myself in about a month. Bleeh.

On a game note, are the spoiler tagged rolls on our characters in the last post for damage or to hit? If it is damage, I think Heissa may be incapacitated or dead cause that was a lot of successes.

Kyeudo
2013-05-19, 11:14 AM
Those are to hit rolls. I don't roll damage until people have had a chance to stunt their defenses, activate relevant Charms, etc.

Teleut
2013-05-19, 04:08 PM
Yay! I may not be screwed!

Kyeudo
2013-05-19, 05:05 PM
Is there anything you are doing with your upcoming action? At the least a stunt for your defense?

Teleut
2013-05-19, 05:13 PM
Not really. Heissa doesn't have much in the way of combat charms and has already used (Aspect) Bolt Attack this turn, which I think means she can't use another charm anyways. If she is surrounded she doesn't have much of an option other than backing up. Though, if this is before the greenskins successfully surround the party, then she would try to dive for cover outside their circle. I can edit that in if that is the case. If not, not then I don't really have a stunt.

Kyeudo
2013-05-19, 06:11 PM
You're operating off of 2.0 rules there. 2.5, you can use whatever Charms you have whenever you want.

At the very least, give a description of how you try to block or dodge so I can give you at least a one die stunt. That will shave a die off any damage you end up taking, at the very least.

Teleut
2013-05-19, 06:13 PM
Awesome. My RL group never fully parsed the 2.0 rules before we switched to Qwixalted. If Heissa still has charm use, then she definitely still has stunt options. I'll go make that edit.

Meriss
2013-05-21, 11:47 AM
What tick are we on?

Kyeudo
2013-05-21, 01:59 PM
Technically, tick 10, but everyone can post their actions and I'll sort them out when I post the greenskins actions.

FallenEco
2013-05-22, 08:53 AM
Duly noted, will post soon then. Got other responsiblities first though...

FallenEco
2013-06-11, 02:33 AM
We got the test results from my mother's surgery today. Yes they removed 2/3 of her lung so they could safely test it.

It's stage 3 Lung cancer.
Good news is that got most of it. Bad news as soon as she's well enough, she's going into chemo.

Upshot is I'll be posting even less regularly. Sorry guys, but...
Well I think you get it.

Kyeudo
2013-06-11, 08:37 AM
Real life always takes precedence over a game.

Best of luck to your mother. Hopefully things will work out for the best.

Teleut
2013-06-11, 02:48 PM
As Kyeudo said, real life take precedence. I'm sorry about your mother's condition and I hope treatment goes as well as it can.

Sanctaphrax
2013-06-14, 02:19 AM
My condolences, Eco.

Hope your mother is luckier than my character.

Meriss
2013-06-14, 07:52 PM
Best wishes to your mother Eco. That is some harsh stuff.

What else can I say? Nothing.

FallenEco
2013-06-16, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I...

I really don't know what to say

Meriss
2013-06-17, 11:16 AM
It can be hard, take it one day at a time.

Kyeudo
2013-06-19, 01:50 AM
Sorry for the long delay before updating. Periodic writer's block when it comes to continuing action scenes.

Meriss
2013-06-25, 11:55 AM
Sorry about that, my tablet eated my brain.

I'll try and post today or tommorrow

Kyeudo
2013-06-25, 03:29 PM
Sorry about that, my tablet eated my brain.

I know the feeling. I've been reading too much about Eve Online lately.

Meriss
2013-06-27, 12:48 PM
I know the feeling. I've been reading too much about Eve Online lately.

PFFFT light weight. Try Dust 514, FPS in the EVE 'verse. I spend more time dead in that bloody game than living.

Kyeudo
2013-06-27, 01:23 PM
No PS3. Also, I have Halo 4 for when I get a shooter itch.

Meriss
2013-06-28, 01:09 PM
No PS3. Also, I have Halo 4 for when I get a shooter itch.

Halo 4 is much more forgiving of my lower skill level at the run & gun genre. Though check Xbox live, my impression is that it is F2P on all major consoles though I may be wrong.

New fun thing is I now have Tekken Revoltion and Spartacus Legends for any Fightery type joy, and tooling around DCUO for my MMO mid brain itch. I Want Defiance but am unwilling to pay for it.

Teleut
2013-07-03, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the lack o posting. I started an intensive summer language course a while ago and it ate my life. Posting shall happen tomorrow hopefully.

Kyeudo
2013-07-03, 09:17 PM
Given the issues that this group has, a low post rate is what we're going to have. I mean, just look at the Storyteller. Total slacker, that guy.

Meriss
2013-07-04, 06:07 PM
Given the issues that this group has, a low post rate is what we're going to have. I mean, just look at the Storyteller. Total slacker, that guy.

Issues, who has issues? Me?, no wait, that'd be someone else, wait, what were we talking about again?

Squirrel!

Meriss
2013-07-05, 10:50 AM
In other random thing news I'm off to visit my mom for a few days so will be without internet, till whatever next wednesday is.

Meriss
2013-07-20, 09:07 AM
Poke, polka, pokemon?

Kyeudo
2013-07-20, 12:01 PM
I'm waiting for FallenEco to post. No idea when she'll get a chance to post.

Meriss
2013-08-18, 08:04 AM
Yeashhh. Wow. I AM just woooah. UM yah.....

Everybody have fun in future games.

*embarassed* :smallredface:

Kyeudo
2013-08-18, 01:41 PM
Yeah, burned-out Storyteller and players with real life issues generally results in games that go nowhere.

Best of luck to all!

Teleut
2013-08-21, 02:28 AM
Awww. But understandable. If you wanna give this another go, especially if a 3e update happens after the Exigent book is out, you know where to find me. Also, if you want, you can change the status on the OP page to On Hiatus or Completed in the settings.

FallenEco
2013-12-12, 04:12 AM
Sorry guys, had some family issues, combined with technical issues...it's not been a fun few months. But if you're still willing to have me I'm back-

I killed the game with my absence, didn't I?

Sorry everyone.

Edit: A collection of my mistakes.
I understand. Again sorry.

I won't do it again.
I did again.

At least I did mention the family thing;

We got the test results from my mother's surgery today. Yes they removed 2/3 of her lung so they could safely test it.

It's stage 3 Lung cancer.
Good news is that got most of it. Bad news as soon as she's well enough, she's going into chemo.

Upshot is I'll be posting even less regularly. Sorry guys, but...
Well I think you get it.

...so when my computer decided to stop connecting to networks of any variety it wasn't something I tried to fix for a while...Last week actually.

If anyone cares, Mum has finshed Chemo and will be going in for the test, (to see if it worked) in January.

Kyeudo
2013-12-12, 09:00 AM
Well, I still have the game subscribed. I don't know about Meriss or Teleut. Glad to hear things are getting better for you.

Teleut
2013-12-12, 09:52 AM
I'm still around. And its good to hear the chemo's done and hopefully everything will check out next month.

FallenEco
2013-12-12, 07:14 PM
^^
Yep, nothing to do but bite our nails until then...well except for xmas.

Happy Holidays

Kyeudo
2013-12-13, 07:58 PM
I don't think Meriss is still with us, so what do we want to do.

FallenEco
2013-12-14, 05:48 AM
I'd like to keep going, but I've held us up, 2or 3 times already...

Teleut
2013-12-15, 03:37 AM
I'd be cool with continuing somehow or even restarting depending on how people feel. Though I will be kinda busy with the holidays.

Kyeudo
2013-12-15, 02:58 PM
Well, I'm thinking that perhaps we should start a new campaign sometime after the holidays are over. Perhaps this time we'll make use of the Glass Penitent Tribe.

FallenEco
2013-12-17, 03:39 AM
Also Good.

Sanctaphrax
2014-01-01, 02:23 AM
I'd be up for a new game or for continuing this one.

Dunno about being part of the Glass Penitents, though.

FallenEco
2014-01-03, 03:47 AM
Infiltrate the Octate! Try to make them the Novemate!

...that sounded cooler in my head.

Kyeudo
2014-01-03, 08:44 PM
Well, if we don't want to do the Glass Penitents, is there any tribe in particular you'd like to try?

Sanctaphrax
2014-01-03, 11:51 PM
I quite like the Oil Sojourners.

They're pretty out-there, though. For a more traditional game, maybe the Thundering Falls.

Kyeudo
2014-01-04, 12:04 AM
I quite like the Oil Sojourners.

They're pretty out-there, though. For a more traditional game, maybe the Thundering Falls.

Nudist submariners are somewhat out there, even for Exalted.

Teleut
2014-02-17, 01:38 AM
So Onyx Path/White Wolf opened up a PbP forum on their website. Might be another avenue for running a game. The folk on that board are pretty tight knit and focused. Any new players from the Exalted forum would likely be pretty good at keeping up, especially cause many check the forums daily for just the conversation.

Kyeudo
2014-02-17, 02:52 AM
That sounds like a thing we could do.

Let's get this game going again then. What tribe shall we choose? Thundering Falls? Oil Sojourners? Black Morass? I think I have a plot that could work for just about any tribe.

Teleut
2014-02-17, 05:47 AM
I'm fine even with the Oil Sojourners... Though probably won't be making character images if we choose that tribe. That said I like the Traveling Lute tribe and the Federation.