PDA

View Full Version : Blending to Make Holy Undead?

silverwolfer
2012-10-20, 03:45 AM
Doing a quick skirmish of a experiment.

1. Open your books to complete pisonic for spectral savant

2. Next make sure your good aligned

3. Become a saint from book of exalted deeds

4. ???

5. profit

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-20, 06:16 AM
Doing a quick skirmish of a experiment.

1. Open your books to complete pisonic for spectral savant

2. Next make sure your good aligned

3. Become a saint from book of exalted deeds

4. ???

5. profit

Undead aren't generally unholy to begin with.

Their creation is an evil act, and the mindless ones are evil, but intelligent undead are only as dark as they choose to be.

In any case, unholy is evil energy, not negative energy.

Btw, have you ever heard of the deathless type? It's described in ECS and BoED. It's basically reverse undead. They're still not living creatures, but they're animated by positive energy instead of negative.

silverwolfer
2012-10-20, 08:34 AM
yes but I think they have advancement by - or by HD

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-20, 08:37 AM
yes but I think they have advancement by - or by HD

Eh?

If it's sapient (int 3+), it can be advanced by character class.

That said, I'm not even sure what you mean. Deathless is a creature type, not a specific creature. While I'm sure that some of them have advancement - or by HD, more than a few are intelligent and perfectly capable of taking class levels.

Urpriest
2012-10-20, 03:49 PM
Eh?

If it's sapient (int 3+), it can be advanced by character class.

That said, I'm not even sure what you mean. Deathless is a creature type, not a specific creature. While I'm sure that some of them have advancement - or by HD, more than a few are intelligent and perfectly capable of taking class levels.

I think that he's complaining that they can't be PCs due to not having LA (IIRC there are no playable Deathless, though of course any of them can be class leveled NPCs). Then again, a Saint Spectral Savant won't generally be much of a PC either.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-20, 04:09 PM
I think that he's complaining that they can't be PCs due to not having LA (IIRC there are no playable Deathless, though of course any of them can be class leveled NPCs). Then again, a Saint Spectral Savant won't generally be much of a PC either.

Hmm.... didn't think to look at it from the player-centric angle.

Still, you're probably better off as a ghostwalk ghost with the saint template. Less LA is almost always the better option.

Coidzor
2012-10-20, 05:28 PM
Or a ghostwalk ghost cleric/paladin/X. Or taking only a few levels of the ghost savage progression (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) with the requirement to take all of them waived.

Courier6
2012-10-21, 03:41 AM

The Risen Martyr prestige class fro BoED can turn a PC into the deathless creature type, just oncase anyone was interested in being deathless.

TuggyNE
2012-10-21, 04:48 AM
The Risen Martyr prestige class fro BoED can turn a PC into the deathless creature type, just oncase anyone was interested in being deathless.

Isn't that the one that forcibly NPCs you at the end?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-21, 04:55 AM

Isn't that the one that forcibly NPCs you at the end?

Yes it is.

Risen Martyr is a class for a special circumstance. It's only really particularly useable in a game where raise dead and its ilk aren't a thing.

With the normal "revolving door afterlife" scenario it's a complete waste of time in any but the lowest of low-op games.