PDA

View Full Version : Minor creation usefulness

silverwind
2012-10-20, 12:49 PM
I was looking into making a psion for an upcoming campaign, so I looked into the minor creation power. Now it seems that the ability to create poisons and other...fun items at first level is a little overpowered, but it takes a minute to cast and they should disappear after a few hours. I'm just wondering whether it is really useful at the lower levels where it only lasts for an hour or two.

Flickerdart
2012-10-20, 01:05 PM
Anything that lasts an entire hour at level 1 is awesome. Besides, it has lots of other non-poison uses - you could make meals that never make you fat, you could create wood inside stuff to jam mechanisms (and then remove the jam with a thought), you could make a chess set to pass away the time, you could make a fire that goes out at a moment's notice because you dismiss its fuel source...the possibilities are limitless.

Traab
2012-10-20, 01:11 PM
Can you tell me what the written limits of the spell are? Because being able to create something, especially something temporary, could be insanely useful if you use it outside the box. Think along the lines of the ice bullet myth. Imagine being able to fire off say, an arrow, or a sling bullet, that kills the target, then fades away, leaving no evidence of what did the damage. Too be fair its more uself against modern forensics as a bullet, since there would be no real way to confirm what gun fired the bullet that no longer exists, but there are still uses both in and out of combat.

Here is an idea. A delayed trap. Setup some explosives, and place a weight above the trigger. Create some minor object to hold the weight away from the trigger. You now have an hour to finish what you are doing before a big boom goes off. If you can destroy the object at will, then you also have a ready made distraction in case of emergencies before the hour time limit is up.

TuggyNE
2012-10-20, 03:31 PM
Can you tell me what the written limits of the spell are?

Psionic minor creation on the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/minorCreationPsionic).

Traab
2012-10-20, 11:05 PM
Psionic minor creation on the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/minorCreationPsionic).

Awesome, so yeah, delayed trigger for traps, or one you can set off whenever the hell you feel like dismissing the object. Hmm, wonder if you could pull off a merchant bambozzling? Summon a cubic foot of some valuable harvested plant life and sell it to the merchant. Probably more risky than its worth.

Rubik
2012-10-21, 04:38 PM
If you want to bypass the manifestation time look up the Linked Power metapsionic feat in CPsi. Now it's combat-ready by level 2!