PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmen card culture (also called how my bro is driving me nuts)

super dark33
2012-10-20, 02:42 PM
In israel, we have cards with football(soccer) players on them, in america there are cards with baseball players and in other countries there might be cards of other kinds.

My question is this: Does your country have something the kids do with it?
as for example in Israel the kids put the cards on the floor, and by tapping on the floor with their hands, creating a vaccum the sends a wave of air upon the cards they flip them, thus winning and takeing the cards from their friends. in their homes, the kids 'practice' this skill so they could get more cards in the daily games, thus makeing the annoying sound of: Pak, Pak, Pak, Pak, Pak......

So what do kids at your country do with the damn cards?

Flickerdart
2012-10-20, 03:27 PM
In elementary school we used to do this with Pokemon cards, yugioh cards, you name it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually played the games how they were meant to be played.

pffh
2012-10-20, 04:16 PM
Huh one world cup when I was younger we actually made up rules and stats for a game with the players cards according to their stats and the players got a bonus if their country won a game that day.

Riverdance
2012-10-20, 06:12 PM
In elementary school we used to do this with Pokemon cards, yugioh cards, you name it. In fact, I don't think anyone actually played the games how they were meant to be played.

I actually did play Pokemon the way it was supposed to be played briefly, but they were mostly just fun to trade, as you said.

GolemsVoice
2012-10-20, 06:16 PM
We in Germany have stickers. Mostly during championships, they suddenly turn up EVERYWHERE.

Eldan
2012-10-20, 06:22 PM
Yeah, we have those two. Soccer stickers. You collect and trade them, and try to fill a book with all the players who are currently in the championship. Or at least I think those still exist.

Castaras
2012-10-24, 07:06 AM
We played Yu-gi-oh. We actually played it with the cards as was intended.

Same with those who played Pokemon. I think the football cards were just traded and shown off, not played with.

Scarlet Knight
2012-10-31, 04:20 PM
I am fairly old, but when I was a child we had many gambling games with baseball cards. Scale them to a curb, the closer one wins the other cards. Kinda like pitching pennies. Flipping , when you'd call odds or evens and flip the cards to the ground, two face up were even, one down was odds. Others too but those were the two biggest.