PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] rules to live by? (monk)

Particle_Man
2012-10-20, 04:07 PM
There may be a campaign starting up in which I would play a Catfolk Monk. The alignment system will be downplayed, but there will be 3 rules that a monastery would place on me. I am trying to come up with three good ones. Catfolk in this campaign would probably be seen as somewhat tainted, so I was thinking of something vaguely similar to the laws of robotics:

1. Don't hurt any living individual on the path of enlightenment (i.e. only non-lethal damage to other living monks (ninjas also count as "monks" in this world - the whole "ki" thing - are there other "ki" users in Pathfinder?).
2. Obey commands from the monks of your monastery (unless it conflicts with the first rule).
3. ??? (the "don't hurt yourself" seems too . . . I dunno, non-restrictive for a non-suicidal PC).

Thoughts?

The Redwolf
2012-10-20, 11:06 PM
Well, I'm not sure about what advice I could give for your philosophy for this character, but I will say that Catfolk as a race for monk isn't a good idea since they get a penalty to wisdom. I do support it on the grounds of sheer coolness, but from a strength perspective he'll suffer. A whole, "do good whenever able" thing might be fitting, as in make sure to help someone in need if you run across them.

Blyte
2012-10-20, 11:21 PM
1. always try to get a good 12 hours of sleep.
2. never play pool with a guy named after a city.
3. never trust a woman with a tattoo of a dagger.