PDA

View Full Version : Warforged scout slam attack

HunterColt22
2012-10-20, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have the stats for the slam attack of a warforged scout? There are none in the MM3, which lead me to believe that it doesn't have one. Yet the PDFs that were at crystal keep had it listed something ridiculous such as 2d8 adamant?

My guess is that it is a 1d3 damage but I am unsure, was this ever answered anywhere, or was this another awesome job that the fine editing team did since they are so great and, NEVER MISSED ANYTHING OR SCREWED UP EVER EVER. :smallbiggrin:

eggs
2012-10-20, 04:34 PM
The scout doesn't have one (it loses a lot from normal warforged).
Crystalkeep wasn't really reliable, and made that sort of mistake pretty often never EVER.

HunterColt22
2012-10-20, 04:54 PM
The scout doesn't have one (it loses a lot from normal warforged).
Crystalkeep wasn't really reliable, and made that sort of mistake pretty often never EVER.

I could have guessed that considering 2d8 small made no sense what so ever. They also dont lose much per say, as in the number of traits they lose, rather its the quality of what they lose which can doom them. If I play one again after this current campaign, I am going scout, it helps alleviate a little of their faults, but not by much.

Darrin
2012-10-20, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have the stats for the slam attack of a warforged scout? There are none in the MM3, which lead me to believe that it doesn't have one. Yet the PDFs that were at crystal keep had it listed something ridiculous such as 2d8 adamant?

My guess is that it is a 1d3 damage but I am unsure

Most constructs get a slam attack just for being constructs. Most of the templates that create constructs grant a slam attack based on size. It's not consistent, though. Ice beast (Frostburn) and dustform (Sandstorm) would give a small construct a 1d4 slam. But if you went by effigy (Complete Arcane), it would only be 1d3.

Not all constructs get a slam, though. Not sure why they would leave it off the scout, but I don't think it would be a problem to add it. Based on just the ability scores, the scout is a bit underpowered compared to the standard warforged.

Eugenides
2012-10-20, 10:46 PM
Guys, there's too much un-blued sarcasm in this thread.