PDA

View Full Version : WHat to put on a Character card?

starship1
2012-10-20, 04:44 PM
As a Gm I use chatacter cards to track initiative. I have the saves, HP, armor class, and base attack stats on each sheet. What else should I put on there?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-20, 04:52 PM
Immunities, Energy Resistance and perception modifiers (spot and listen) are the first thing that spring to mind.

Curmudgeon
2012-10-20, 05:08 PM
You're just trying to keep track of when the characters have their turns, from their offensive point of view. So you don't need their attack information; the players should track that themselves. You need all their defensive stats, including all the different ACs (flat-footed, for traps, & c.), their reactive ("take 10") Spot and Listen numbers, and full details for all the situations where they have different saves (from +2 vs. poison, & c.). The reason for this is that when their character might be affected by something, you don't want to tell the player to "roll a Fortitude save" because if they don't make it then the character should never know that such an effect occurred. To avoid giving the players extra information and spoiling the story for them, you shouldn't need to say anything more than "roll a d20".