PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Bard!

SixWingedAsura
2012-10-21, 09:51 PM
So, I'm DMing a game for a group, and I have an idea. A wicked idea.

For those of you who haven't played/heard of BlazBlue, there is a villain named Hazama, who, for lack of a better term, is a psychotic, wicked, evil, manipulative, stylish bastard who is pretty much responsible for every bad thing in the game. There is no low he won't stoop to in order to make everyone suffer, and he does it all for the evulz.

I plan to make a Bard villain modeled after Hazama, a styilish, but unrepentant, evil son of a b***h who will constantly hound and taunt the party, manipulating them into horrible situations and generally making his life a living hell, taunting them about their past failings, ect.

So I want to ask you all, what would be the best build for a Hazama Bard?

EDIT: This is for Pathfinder by the way, sorry 'bout that!

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-21, 09:53 PM
Look in my sig for the Joker Bard. He is a concept treatise on precisely what you are talking about.

In brief:

Race is Changeling. There's a Racial Feat that lets him fool divinations directly aimed at him that attempt to discern his identity, replacing the results with his 'cover'.

With Fool Scry and Detect Scry, he can beat any divination.

He doesn't have a Headquarters. When he wants to be annoying, he sets up shop in some building, improvised with materials on hand, and proceeds with his nefarious plan.

It's pretty easy for him to convince someone that THEY are really the one in charge, and that it is all THEIR plan all along. Then the PC's take down his cat's paw. He's probabaly even watching, disguised as Helpless_Victim_31.

The only real problem to him is Discern Location, but that can only get as precise as a city. There's a LOT of people in a city...

And, of course, he can be a Diplomancer. He can convince pretty much anyone of anything he really wants to. So he can cause all kinds of indirect problems for the PC's, simply by convincing people that they are the real threat. Depending on the PC's actions, this may actually be quite close to the truth...

SixWingedAsura
2012-10-21, 09:54 PM
Well, this is for Pathfinder, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-10-21, 10:05 PM
Well, this is for Pathfinder, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

You should probably mention that in your OP, then. I have no interest in Pathfinder, but I don't think any of his major benefits were nerfed by it. You'll have to ask someone who cares about it to be sure, though.

Malroth
2012-10-22, 01:29 AM
Bards got hit with a pretty huge nerf-bat in Pathfinder but mostly on their bardic music abilities. (cha mod rounds of bardic music a day total and a full round action to use WTF??)
The spell and skill use largely remains unchanged but i'm pretty sure Changelings as a race were never updated thereby eliminating the racial feat that lets them defeat many of the Dinivations.

Doorhandle
2012-10-22, 01:40 AM
Basically what he said. Make sure you check the bard archetypes as well, though, in case their is something that could help you their. Sideman might be good, particularly on the entire "watching while you hang yourself with enough rope" thing. It can also steal spells, which is a particularly bastard thing to do.

Also, the time it take to use bardic music decreases with level.