PDA

View Full Version : Hogtie Parallel

Hanuman
2012-10-22, 12:27 AM
So, Justicular from complete war has one of my fav abilities: Disabling your opponent by physically restraining them with cuffs.

I think this is brilliant magic already does it often in different ways, but is there more actual physical restraint abilities or anything else that works nicely for a "bring em back alive" style of play?

Diarmuid
2012-10-22, 10:12 AM
Any weapon attacks can be considered "nonlethal" which will not kill your opponent.

It's -4 to attack unless otherwise noted (feats, Improved Unarmed Strike, etc).

The "Merciful" weapon enchantment adds 1d6 damage to all attacks, but all damage dealt is nonlethal.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-22, 10:20 AM
So, Justicular from complete war has one of my fav abilities: Disabling your opponent by physically restraining them with cuffs.

I think this is brilliant magic already does it often in different ways, but is there more actual physical restraint abilities or anything else that works nicely for a "bring em back alive" style of play?

There's the bloodhound PrC in complete adventurer that may have some.

Then there's the man-catcher and/or grasping pole that's been stat'ed out in several places. It allows you to grapple an opponent from 10ft away without putting yourself in the grapple.

only1doug
2012-10-22, 10:43 AM
You might also be interested in the recent Iron Chef Entries, as the last competition was Justiciar. Entry 150 is the first of the builds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255215&page=5)