View Full Version : pf kingmaker sorc

Exirtadorri
2012-10-22, 09:28 AM
Hey guys i am going to be a sorc in a king maker group and would like a few suggestions on how i should make this character without to many spoilers. Main thing im looking for is spell selection and bloodline. I plan on being a human.

Deathkeeper
2012-10-22, 10:35 AM
Judging from the other topic, people really like Fey and Shadow bloodline. Elemental is okay if you REALLY want to blast, Aberration is ONLY good if you're going to spam Summon Monster (apparently). My favorite is Arcane, for super awesome Metamagic, even more spells, and a familiar (you're a UMD class, after all.) Assuming you use most of your Favored Class for spells, Arcane can really give you a good spell pool, plus it has a pretty nice Bonus Spell list.

Spell selection should include stuff like Grease, Sleep, Color Spray for incapacitating enemies. I also like to have Burning Hands just in case swarms show up (I don't know if they're in KM, I'm just paranoid). Otherwise, staples like Mage Armor work fine.

grarrrg
2012-10-22, 11:44 AM
Hey guys i am going to be a sorc in a king maker group and would like a few suggestions on how i should make this character without to many spoilers. Main thing im looking for is spell selection and bloodline. I plan on being a human.

Flavor-wise you should take the Imperious (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/racial-bloodlines/imperious-bloodline-sorcerer-human) Bloodline:
"A scion of forgotten kings, with a lineage rich with the dust of ancient empires spanning every golden age of humanity's history, an imperious embodies the apex of human potential"

Power-wise, the bloodline is more middle of the road though.

jmelesky
2012-10-22, 12:47 PM
Aberration is ONLY good if you're going to spam Summon Monster (apparently).

Wait, what? I must have missed something, because the Aberrant bloodline gives you polymorph bonuses and freaky long limbs. Nothing summoning-related in that school, to my recollection.

Deathkeeper
2012-10-22, 01:09 PM
Wait, what? I must have missed something, because the Aberrant bloodline gives you polymorph bonuses and freaky long limbs. Nothing summoning-related in that school, to my recollection.

I added "apparently" because it's what I read in the other Sorcerer advice topics (there's a lot this week). It might have been a typo somewhere, I was just repeating what I've seen since I've never used that one.

mcv
2012-10-22, 04:24 PM
Flavor-wise you should take the Imperious (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/racial-bloodlines/imperious-bloodline-sorcerer-human) Bloodline:
"A scion of forgotten kings, with a lineage rich with the dust of ancient empires spanning every golden age of humanity's history, an imperious embodies the apex of human potential"
That is pure Kingmaker material!

Power-wise, the bloodline is more middle of the road though.
I'm only just starting at Kingmaker too, but the campaign really sounds like this sort of stuff could matter. I'd certainly go for it even just for the flavour.