PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Those bloody 1st level noobs: You're on a boat! [IC]

rorikdude12
2012-10-22, 04:16 PM
You are on a ship docked in Hazthron's Port. You are below-decks, and have no idea why. There seems a large supply of weapons, food, and wine, but you face a more immediate issue: The five dretches looming before you, blocking the hatch to above-decks.

Oh dear. And only one of them is CR 2! And this is three!

Ralasha
2012-10-22, 08:00 PM
The halfling, suddenly realizing she is on a boat, promptly fails a fortitude save, and gets sick on the nearest of the dretches.

rorikdude12
2012-10-23, 05:39 PM
The halfling, suddenly realizing she is on a boat, promptly fails a fortitude save, and gets sick on the nearest of the dretches.

The dretch shouts something at you in Abyssal, waving its fist that resembles a freakish rotting ham.

The others seem peaceful.

Ralasha
2012-10-24, 05:56 AM
"It isn't my fault I failed my save." The halfling then opens her MM. "Aren't you guys supposed to be evil?"

rorikdude12
2012-10-24, 03:17 PM
"It isn't my fault I failed my save." The halfling then opens her MM. "Aren't you guys supposed to be evil?"

The puke-covered dretch gesticulates confusedly at the halfling. Another dretch face-palms, and a third dretch merely shrugs.

Ralasha
2012-10-24, 03:19 PM
The halfling makes her way out of the room, looking at the dretches in a queazily threatening manner.

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 05:00 AM
The halfling makes her way out of the room, looking at the dretches in a queazily threatening manner.

You move around the frightened dretches and gain 535 experience points! There is a hatch that leads up to the poop deck.

Ralasha
2012-10-25, 09:22 AM
The halfling quickly makes her way up to the deck.

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 03:50 PM
The halfling quickly makes her way up to the deck.

Going up onto the deck, the city lies before you. Th lights shine brightly in the night, and there is many a fine pub out there.

Ralasha
2012-10-25, 05:45 PM
At the thought of alcohol, with her currently churning stomach, she swiftly empties what remains in her stomach down through the hatch before departing. (I couldn't resist.)

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 08:36 PM
A vomit-covered dretch opens the hatch and looks disapprovingly at you with it's hands on it's hips.

shugyosha
2012-10-25, 08:48 PM
Servalynn

To the halfling's right a muffled voice can be heard coming from a closed barrel. "Hello, is anyone out there? Help me please. I can't move and its very dark."

OOC:
is it night or day?

rorikdude12
2012-10-25, 09:05 PM
Servalynn

To the halfling's right a muffled voice can be heard coming from a closed barrel. "Hello, is anyone out there? Help me please. I can't move and its very dark."

OOC:
is it night or day?

It is Night.

Ralasha
2012-10-26, 05:30 AM
The halfling moves over, opens the barrel, sees nothing, and closes it again.

shugyosha
2012-10-26, 09:22 AM
Servalynn

Before for it completely closes Servalynn is able to stick a hand out. Able to stand she looks around to thank whoever freed her. It takes a few seconds before she looks down and says, "Oh, there you are. Thank you. Do you know why there is a dretch standing in that door way?"

She then turns to the demon and says in abyssal "Hello there."

Ralasha
2012-10-26, 09:34 AM
The halfling suddenly looks queezy again. "I hate ships..." She then quickly move to see if they are near shore or dock. If so, she disembarks rather clumsily.

rorikdude12
2012-10-26, 03:32 PM
The ship is docked.

The demon replies in Abbysal, "Your friend vomited on me! Not cool, bro."

shugyosha
2012-10-26, 04:03 PM
Servalynn

Servalynn looked at herself, she was female. Possibly these demons didn't know the difference. "Not bro, sista. I don't know my pint size liberator," she says as she watches the halfling leave.

Continuing her conversation with the dretch. "I'm sure she is sorry for that, I think being on this boat does not agree with her. So why are you here? Shouldn't you be on some lower plane?"

rorikdude12
2012-10-26, 07:56 PM
Servalynn

Servalynn looked at herself, she was female. Possibly these demons didn't know the difference. "Not bro, sista. I don't know my pint size liberator," she says as she watches the halfling leave.

Continuing her conversation with the dretch. "I'm sure she is sorry for that, I think being on this boat does not agree with her. So why are you here? Shouldn't you be on some lower plane?"

The dretch seems hurt, and starts layin' down some swag Abyssal rhymes.
"Do not denigrate or deride! In a barrel you did just hide! Be my guest in retrospection, but do not get me with your rudeness infection!"

shugyosha
2012-10-26, 10:15 PM
Servalynn

She hadn't done Abyssal rhyme in a while. It was a dangerous game but she thought she could chance it.
"The barrel was not my hiding nook
From a carriage ride I was took
Not my intension to offend
My actions are to amend
Why is it you have come to our plane
What is it you seek or gain"

rorikdude12
2012-10-27, 12:38 PM
Servalynn

She hadn't done Abyssal rhyme in a while. It was a dangerous game but she thought she could chance it.
"The barrel was not my hiding nook
From a carriage ride I was took
Not my intension to offend
My actions are to amend
Why is it you have come to our plane
What is it you seek or gain"

The dretch smiles at your AMAZING rhymes, then goes back to layin' down some swag poetry.
"Though your rhymes are inane
and you're a bit of a pain
I'll tell you my goal on this plane
is pecuniary gain."

shugyosha
2012-10-27, 01:45 PM
Servalynn

She didn't expect that demons would need money.
Don't dis my curiosity
or I may show some ferocity
Coinage for you seems peculiar
Gold and the like so secular
There must be some greater intent
for your efforts to get here spent

rorikdude12
2012-10-27, 03:20 PM
Servalynn

She didn't expect that demons would need money.
Don't dis my curiosity
or I may show some ferocity
Coinage for you seems peculiar
Gold and the like so secular
There must be some greater intent
for your efforts to get here spent

The dretch smiles, then holds up it's right hand in defeat. It bows, acknowledging you as the master of rhymes.

"I am here to try to buy a house in the countryside and live out my life among mortals. Nothing feels good anymore. I just want to be free."

shugyosha
2012-10-27, 08:09 PM
Servalynn

"I certainly understand wanting to be free. Are you being pursued by someone?"

rorikdude12
2012-10-29, 06:07 AM
Servalynn

"I certainly understand wanting to be free. Are you being pursued by someone?"

"No, but there are many paladins from here to the countryside that would want me dead."

shugyosha
2012-10-29, 10:34 AM
Servalynn

"Ah yes, there is that. So how did you get on this ship?" she asks.

rorikdude12
2012-10-29, 03:26 PM
Servalynn

"Ah yes, there is that. So how did you get on this ship?" she asks.

"Oh, this is where the gate opened to."

shugyosha
2012-10-30, 10:36 AM
Servalynn

"Well, good luck with that," she says to the demon.

The young woman begins to explore the ship.

rorikdude12
2012-11-01, 05:32 AM
Servalynn

"Well, good luck with that," she says to the demon.

The young woman begins to explore the ship.

There's not much except for another barrel on the poop deck. The other dretches are blocking entrance below-decks. Other than a crow's nest, there's not that much else on the ship.

shugyosha
2012-11-01, 08:45 AM
Servalynn

"Is there anyone else below deck. This ship seems awfully empty," she asks the dretch.

rorikdude12
2012-11-01, 06:56 PM
Servalynn

"Is there anyone else below deck. This ship seems awfully empty," she asks the dretch.

The dretch nods, then says in a dry, crackly voice,

"You can't see it, though."

Loki_42
2012-11-01, 07:53 PM
Tork

From the unopened barrel, a voice can be heard. "How the hell did I get in here? Somebody let me out!"

Ralasha
2012-11-01, 08:14 PM
The halfling can be heard still ralphing on the side of the ship from the dock.

shugyosha
2012-11-02, 03:19 AM
Servalynn

Hearing the voice from the barrel she goes over there and opens it and peers in. She'll help whoever is in there out.

"Hello there, I am Servalynn."

Ralasha
2012-11-02, 01:12 PM
The halfling wanders back up onto the boat. "What's going on, is that barrel extra dimensional? Maybe we should take it, could be good for storing things, like a portable hole of sorts. Could even use it as a weapon. Throw it at some boss enemy, it gets damaged, there's a hole, boss enemy gets sucked into extra-dimensional space." The halfling wanders over to the dretch, and wretches on it again. "Sorry about that. I was going to come over and apologize, but you smell horrible."

shugyosha
2012-11-02, 01:20 PM
Servalynn

THe comely woman translates the halfling's words, "She apologizes for the mess she made."

Loki_42
2012-11-02, 02:19 PM
Tork

A half-orc climbs out of the recently opened barrel. "I appreciate you letting me out. The name's Tork, I seek to master the arts of spell and sword." He takes a moment to look around. "Ugh, what's that smell?!" Tork begins using prestidigitation to clean the Dretch.

shugyosha
2012-11-02, 09:52 PM
Sevalynn

"That may be the breakfast of our halfling friend here," she teases. "Let's go somewhere where we can talk.""

Loki_42
2012-11-03, 11:22 AM
Tork

"Very well." Tork stops casting the spell, and with his hand covering his nose, follows Sevalynn.

Ralasha
2012-11-03, 11:31 AM
The halfling quickly follows. "Sorry, I don't fare well onboard ships."

shugyosha
2012-11-03, 11:51 AM
Servalynn

"What is your name Miss Halfling?"

Ralasha
2012-11-03, 05:03 PM
"I am Tirena of Earthsong, and you are?"

Loki_42
2012-11-03, 05:45 PM
Tork

"Can't you read, it says Servalynn right there in bold. Now, I think the important question is how we ended up here. I certainly don't remember going to sleep in a barrel yesterday."

Ralasha
2012-11-04, 02:44 PM
"Well, I was trying to roleplay. Assuming your player knows what that is, and yes, you're not real. Now can we work past this, and allow our players to get on with the game please? I will pretend I still don't know your names for the sake of realism, just as I don't know who would win in a three way fight between Mordenkainen, Halaster, and Elminster. Though if I had to, I would bet on Elminster, or Halaster."

rorikdude12
2012-11-04, 04:29 PM
"Well, I was trying to roleplay. Assuming your player knows what that is, and yes, you're not real. Now can we work past this, and allow our players to get on with the game please? I will pretend I still don't know your names for the sake of realism, just as I don't know who would win in a three way fight between Mordenkainen, Halaster, and Elminster. Though if I had to, I would bet on Elminster, or Halaster."

A note flies into your face. The parchment actually dives down from the air just so it can slam into you.

Ralasha
2012-11-04, 07:50 PM
The halfling stops and reads the note.

rorikdude12
2012-11-04, 07:53 PM
The halfling stops and reads the note.

It says,

Just what do you think you're doing? If you break the fourth wall any more, I'll have to cram blue pills into everyone's throats!!! And you do NOT want to go down that rabbit hole, so cut it out!

- The Wall Mason

Ralasha
2012-11-04, 07:59 PM
She hands the note to the one that spoke of the forbidden texts.
"It seems the powers that be have demanded we cease our argument before we break the universe."

Loki_42
2012-11-04, 08:17 PM
Tork

"Fine, fine, I'll go back to merely being aware that game rules exist, without making the logical assumption that we're in a game."

Ralasha
2012-11-05, 12:02 AM
"I don't know about you, but I don't particularly want to be force fed any sleeping agents and wake up in an unmentionable condition in an alley. So I'll be ending this conversation before I end up thinking I'm bat-girl."

shugyosha
2012-11-05, 12:45 PM
Servalynn

"Well I don't know about you, but being in a barrel has made me a bit hungry. Let's fine a tavern?" Servalynn suggests.

Loki_42
2012-11-05, 03:37 PM
Tork

"Seems a little late to meet up in a tavern, but you're logic is sound. Let us get some food."

rorikdude12
2012-11-05, 06:49 PM
You find a comfortable brick tavern, lit up and filled with adventurers.

Thread one, kiddos.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259077&page=3

Loki_42
2012-11-05, 07:04 PM
So, are we merging the threads?

rorikdude12
2012-11-05, 09:50 PM
So, are we merging the threads?

Yes we are.