PDA

View Full Version : I cant remember what the race is...

AdamT
2012-10-22, 05:54 PM
I recall seeing a race once where it was actually two people that worked together (starndard actions per round, split between the two). I just cant find it now. Anyone have any idea what the name is or where its found?

Please and thanks!

killem2
2012-10-22, 05:55 PM
I recall seeing a race once where it was actually two people that worked together (starndard actions per round, split between the two). I just cant find it now. Anyone have any idea what the name is or where its found?

Please and thanks!

That might be the template called Captured One from Monster Manual II Page 204?

tonberrian
2012-10-22, 05:57 PM
Dvati? From Dragon #271 and/or Dragon Compendium?

Deadline
2012-10-22, 05:58 PM
Are you talking about the Dvati from Dragon Magazine Compendium?

Edit: Bah, Swordsaged.

AdamT
2012-10-22, 06:03 PM
Dvati, that would be it. Thank you guys very much!

papr_weezl8472
2012-10-22, 09:32 PM
As a note, I'm pretty sure Dvati aren't limited to a single set of actions each round; a pair of Dvati get a move-swift-standard each just like everyone else. They're just restricted in what those actions can be, simultaneously, e.g. if one Dvati casts a spell, the twin can't cast a spell the same round.

I don't have my books with me, but I seem to recall the restrictions made them pretty mediocre at being their favored class (bard). They make fun melee-rogues, though.

HunterOfJello
2012-10-22, 09:49 PM
As a note, I'm pretty sure Dvati aren't limited to a single set of actions each round; a pair of Dvati get a move-swift-standard each just like everyone else. They're just restricted in what those actions can be, simultaneously, e.g. if one Dvati casts a spell, the twin can't cast a spell the same round.

I don't have my books with me, but I seem to recall the restrictions made them pretty mediocre at being their favored class (bard). They make fun melee-rogues, though.

That is not the case. Dvati are highly dependent on their twin and both take the same action at the same time for spells. A 'single' Dvati consists of a pair of creatures that each have their own personalities and work together. For a Dvati to cast a spell, both bodies must work to cast the spell at the same time (although only one needs to supply the material component).

As far as spellcasting goes, Dvati are a horrible race.

Dvati could be decent if their levels go into rogue or some sort of melee class, but overall they're a very weird and bad race to use. They even come with a +1 LA. They probably deserve a -1 LA.