PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item index

thriceborn
2012-10-22, 09:21 PM
Does anyone have an index of all the magic items in 3.5? Like from all the source books, either in a spread sheet or in a word doc or can point me in the right direction? Or does having that break the OGL? I'm playing an artificer for the first time, and I like knowing published definitely can be made items.

Or alternatively does anyone have an index of magic items that they made themselves? Like any items you homebrewed and made? I love hearing stories of those. If so, include how they worked and how they were made? Or just any cool stories about them, thanks.

Thanks in advance

Thriceborn

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-23, 12:11 AM
Does anyone have an index of all the magic items in 3.5? Like from all the source books, either in a spread sheet or in a word doc or can point me in the right direction? Or does having that break the OGL? I'm playing an artificer for the first time, and I like knowing published definitely can be made items.

Or alternatively does anyone have an index of magic items that they made themselves? Like any items you homebrewed and made? I love hearing stories of those. If so, include how they worked and how they were made? Or just any cool stories about them, thanks.

Thanks in advance

Thriceborn

I don't know of any complete list of items, but MIC is certainly a good place to start looking at stuff.

As for homebrew, I do have one little beauty that has notable implications both socially and economically that I designed with the artificer in mind.

Soul Stone (working name)

This simple 6 inch ovoid stone is criss-crossed with an intricate inlay of mystical runes.

Anyone holding a soul stone can store xp for use in crafting magic items, by taking a 1 minute to concentrate on doing so. Once the xp is invested in the soulstone it cannot be recovered in any way, it can only be used to craft magic items.

A character can only infuse xp into a soulstone if he is genuinely willing to do so. No charm or compulsion effect can force a character to take this action, ever.

requirements; retain essence (or whatever that 5th level artificer class feature was called)
Cost; TBD by DM.
/homebrew

If you want to use it I'll let you price it for yourself, but I suggest pricing it fairly low. The idea is to provide a means for characters other than the artificer to pay the xp cost for the magic items they want. A loaded soul stone can be sold for its base cost, plus 5gp for each 1xp stored inside, effectively making xp a tradeable commodity. The economic implecations are pretty obvious, but don't forget the moral implications. Some groups will be vehemently opposed to selling what amounts to peoples' life-force.

Keld Denar
2012-10-23, 12:51 AM
The MIC has tables that include every item printed in it AND the DMG. Given that the MIC also reprinted a ton of items from other sources such as the XPH and Magic of Incarnum, it actually contains probably about 90% of items printed in 3.5. Other notable sources of items are Complete Mage and Complete Scoundrel, and a smattering of other items in a handful of sources.

And a LIST of items (along with reference page numbers) wouldn't break OGL (or fair use). A list of items that contained a certain amount of details probably would. How many details that is is a very fine line best discussed with a lawyer, or otherwise avoided with an 11 ft retractable pole as it is not a suitable topic of discussion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) on this forum.

As far as such a list existing, I do now know of one.

NeedsAnswersNao
2012-10-25, 08:01 PM
Not 90% More like 60. I have a list of Dragon Magazine Items. Don't forget A&EG

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-25, 09:56 PM
*Stuff*

So basically you recreated an official item (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a)? Not quite the same, I understand, but quite similar. :smallwink: