PDA

View Full Version : A return to Skyrim

Cymru am byth
2012-10-23, 11:09 AM
After a long absence I'll be returning to Skyrim again. Hoping to play through the Dragonborn quest line for once without getting too distracted again, and actually finishing it.

So, what build shall I go for this time?

Heavy armor, two handed weapon; Kick in the door
Light armor, 2 weapons; Sneak-sneak
And now for something completely different

The_Jackal
2012-10-23, 11:30 AM
I'm a huge fan of the light armour/sneak/archery route. Especially with the addition of bow killcams, it's just tons of fun, and highly effective.

Zanfib
2012-10-23, 01:15 PM
Play an orc with a two handed axe!

Sipex
2012-10-23, 02:51 PM
I primarily play a destruction mage, and while it's fun, I'd advocate a more direct, melee heavy role. It's just so much fun to play.

wadledo
2012-10-23, 07:22 PM
I tend to go 2-handed Redguard smith with a side of destruction.

Avilan the Grey
2012-10-23, 07:50 PM
The Mage / Thief / Archer route works amazingly well. Especially after you get a Bound Bow.

Triaxx
2012-10-23, 08:53 PM
Heavy Armor, Mace and Board. It's absurd amounts of fun.

I did it as an Orc and it was awesome. I used only what I could smith, no bows, which means dragons get dealt with via shouts. Believe me, fire breathing a dragon to death is a very time consuming process.

Use only what you smith. I did and it was cool, because I'd always come back to the skyforge to smith my gear. Of course I had Lydia tagging along, and anything I found, she got. Which meant she was in Ebony before me, but that really didn't matter. I was already at the armor cap.

Plus anything that was an issue wasn't as soon as I hulked out.

Cymru am byth
2012-10-24, 11:49 AM
Hmm, started playing a kahjit sneaky type.. Got bored with that right at the beginning, did that too many times.. Now going for Heavy armor, shield and axe sword..

Maybe, just maybe with the addition of spells...

DigoDragon
2012-10-25, 06:43 AM
I've only played light armor sneaky types myself, but I'll recommend the idea I had for my next character- heavy armor mage with bound weapons.

Triaxx
2012-10-26, 07:48 AM
If you're doing that, and you're on PC, you've got to check out the Runic Spellbinder Armor. it's insanely awesome.

super dark33
2012-10-26, 08:03 AM
Imperial Sword&board that uses restoration and speech!

bluntpencil
2012-10-30, 01:29 PM
Light Armour, Two Handed Axe

Good for Nords. Dance around the enemy, then hit them in the face with Wuuthrad.

Triaxx
2012-10-31, 12:18 PM
Or occasionally their head with your head. :D Love that Kill move.

Acanous
2012-11-01, 06:06 PM
Preperations to play Skyrim:
Bowl of food that won't go bad for the next 8 hours? (Mixed nuts, lightly salted, and dried fruit is best for this)
4L of water? (Cup optional)
Comforable chair that can be set to multiple positions? (Avoid cramping. Stretch often)
Have you turned off or powered down all nonessential electronics?
Is your phone turned off or unplugged?

OK then! Push the Button (http://www.fusrodahbutton.com/).

Triaxx
2012-11-02, 12:31 AM
I love the Random Alternate Start mod. I've started two characters with it. One was deposited just outside whistling mine and had a long walk back to Helgen. Of course I finally went there when I was level 20, and grand master of the thieves guild.

The second one was dropped into Smugglers Den and is more of a ranger type, hunting her way around the tundra, ranging all the way up to Morthal. And it's frankly awesome.

I never realized how long and boring the tutorial is, until I no longer had to play through it. Considering a character creation bit being necessary due to multiple races, it's as close as Skyrim comes to having an Instant Action button. And yes, I am gushing. It's that good.