PDA

View Full Version : Druids and raising the dead (3.5)

panaikhan
2012-10-23, 03:19 PM
Is there a simple way for a druid to gain access to the raise dead / resurrection chain of spells? Or maybe Revivify?

Kalegkos
2012-10-23, 03:25 PM
Is there a simple way for a druid to gain access to the raise dead / resurrection chain of spells? Or maybe Revivify?

There is the Staff of Life. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/staffs.htm#life)

And also there is the Last breath spell from spell compendium ((page 130))

Sugashane
2012-10-25, 02:01 AM
Depending on the DM, Reincarnation might work in a way. My DM renders the spell useless if there is not a small or larger, dead animal or magical beast withing 10 ft/ Druid level. But if there is, then you occupy that body, but never your own.

While this has not worked well in a forest, I had a character that killed a gold dragon (needed a special item in its hoard, he said we had to defeat him for it, so a set battle) by jumping in its mouth and stabbing into the brain, while getting fried to death by the breath weapon a second later. As it was a gold dragon who was very old and wanted privacy, there were no other creatures within a mile. Reincarnation was cast just to see, and I ended up as a gold dragon. Was a very cool twist, though I am biased. LOL