PDA

View Full Version : Fun/Silly Stacking bonus challenge.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-23, 04:50 PM
Just a crazy idea I got a few minutes ago. Let's assume that you can stack the same type of bonus as long as they come from different sources. Using 5 different sources (items, class features, spells, powers, souldmelds, vestiges, etc) which is the highest bonus you can get? If a source depends on something like CL or similar assume it is 20.
Edit: please Avoid infinite loops.

Let's split this into cathegories:

Attack bonus.

AC Bonus

Skill Bonus.

Save Bonus.

Stat Bonus.

Snowbluff
2012-10-23, 04:53 PM
Naberius Vestige + Festering Anger + Time = Attack bonus.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-23, 05:18 PM
Ok I agree that given enough time that is probably the highest str/attack bonus; but let's avoid infinite loops or similar (I'll add that to the OP).

I was thinking more of something like +5 weapon, GMW +5 Magic weapon +1 for a total of + 11 enhancement bonus to attack.

Firechanter
2012-10-23, 05:33 PM
I was thinking more of something like +5 weapon, GMW +5 Magic weapon +1 for a total of + 11 enhancement bonus to attack.

Maybe you should rather use an example that would actually work. A weapon's Enhancement bonus and GMW don't stack.

How about something really easy:
Warblade with +1 Aptitude {Tiger Claw / Diamond Mind / Iron Heart} Discipline weapon with a +5 GMW cast on it.
Using a Diamond Mind Stance, Tiger Claw Boost and Iron Heart Strike, for example, and having any feat keyed off the weapon he's using, that will be:
+5 GMW
+1 Aptitude
+9 for Triple Discipline
--> +15

Hell, at Warblade 20 he could activate a second Stance from a fourth Discipline, add another Discipline property to his weapon and enjoy a +18 bonus.

Other common attack bonuses that stack the above:
- Weapon Focus (Greater)
- Knowledge Devotion

This is just intended as a simple benchmark; I'm not using anything fancy, not even multiclassing, using just ToB and super-common Splats. =)

God Imperror
2012-10-23, 05:35 PM
Dvati soulborns with (at least) combat expertise, improved combat expertise, allied defense, cobalt expertise, bonus esentia and improved essentia capacity.

-20 to attack (each) = + 52 to AC (each).

Is that more on the lines of what you wanted?

Pity that they cannot get dance with shadows :smallfrown:

All the bonuses come from combat expertise :smallredface:

Snowbluff
2012-10-23, 05:58 PM
I gotcha about the loops etc.

Arcane Duelist2/Physic Warrior18.

With Just Expansion and Imp Nat Attack, you have 12d6 claws at ML 19 (Practiced Manifester). Now, use Dextrous Attack, subtracting 71. You now have a 71 Bonus to hit before BaB, and eating your Str and other bonuses to damage (Like Power Attack).

docnessuno
2012-10-23, 06:16 PM
I gotcha about the loops etc.

Arcane Duelist2/Physic Warrior18.

With Just Expansion and Imp Nat Attack, you have 12d6 claws at ML 19 (Practiced Manifester). Now, use Dextrous Attack, subtracting 71. You now have a 71 Bonus to hit before BaB, and eating your Str and other bonuses to damage (Like Power Attack).

A) That trick doesn't work, (not that much, at least), Dexterous Attack is limited by BAB, and arcane duelist requires arcane spellcasting to qualify.

B) I think most people are missing the OP point (bonuses of the same type stacking if they come from different sources). Still it's a pretty shallow mental exercise.

Snowbluff
2012-10-23, 06:26 PM
and arcane duelist requires arcane spellcasting to qualify.

2 feats, max, will get you the Casting needed. Not that I told anyone at the Magical Training thread that. I probably should have.

A) That trick doesn't work, (not that much, at least), Dexterous Attack is limited by BAB

DAMN! Well. It should be good enough for other things. If you can get a good BaB, you can double it.

dspeyer
2012-10-23, 10:39 PM
Strength

Aspect of nature druid 8 / wu jen 3 / mystic theurge 9

Animal Devotion
Practiced Spellcaster (wu jen)

{table]Shapechange into Tital|Racial|+32
Giant's Size|Size|+24
Bite of the Werebear|Enhancement|+16
Aspect of nature: vigor|Untyped|+8
Ape's Fury|Sacred|+8
{colsp=2}Total|+88[/table]

RFLS
2012-10-23, 10:44 PM
Just a crazy idea I got a few minutes ago. Let's assume that you can stack the same type of bonus as long as they come from different sources.

Maybe you should rather use an example that would actually work. A weapon's Enhancement bonus and GMW don't stack.

How about something really easy:

Maybe you should read the second sentence of the original post. It's really easy.

Firechanter
2012-10-24, 04:00 AM
Ah sorry, I missed that indeed. Nevermind then. Move along.

Doorhandle
2012-10-24, 07:13 AM
Here's more esoteric bonus stacking, brought to you from pathfinder.

Highest weapon enhancement bonus bonus I got is from an inquisitor/cleric with the rage inquisition, for a total of 10+ .

+5 normal
+2 for bane (inquisitors can apply a bane applicable for anything. +2 bonus and more damage)
+2 for wrathful/angry weapon (Can't remember what it's called, +2 enhancement bonus when raging.)
+1 for greyflame (1+ to enhancement bonus when you channel energy into it.)

Also, for another miscellaneous bonus, Damage multiplication.
start with a lance, for 3x damage on the charge
Then get Spirited charge for another multiplier. Already, we have 4X damage when we charge on a mount.
then hope you get a crit, and because of the 3x crit modifier this totals to for 6x (if I have the maths right.)
Then have 16 levels in Urban Barbarian: this both for pounce, and for the Lethal accuracy rage power, which, 1/rage, allows you to increase your critical multiplier by one: for 7x
Finally, add 4 level of Kensai Magus, allowing you to spend 2 arcane pool points to increase your critical multiplier by a further +1, to a total of 8x: and urban barbarian means you can do this while raging. 8d8 damage before bonuses.

Bonus points for a Lance with Thundering+all the elemental bursts. Or vorpal. Keen might help, but you should really have improved critical at that point.