PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Fast Learner and Human Favored Class Bonus

Spuddles
2012-10-23, 07:53 PM
Relevant texts:

Fast Learner
Benefit: When you gain a level in a favored class, you gain both +1 hit point and +1 skill rank instead of choosing either one or the other benefit or you can choose an alternate class reward.

Favored Class Bonuses
Instead of receiving an additional skill rank or hit point whenever they gain a level in a Favored Class, some races have the option of choosing from a number of other bonuses, depending upon their Favored Classes. The following options are available to the listed race who have sorcerers as their Favored Class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the listed Favored Class reward.

Human Add one spell known from the sorcerer spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the sorcerer can cast.

So... can I use Fast Learner to double up on bonus Sorc spells?

Crasical
2012-10-23, 08:14 PM
I think it changes your favored class bonuses so instead of choosing between

+1 HP
+1 Skill Point
Special Race/Class bonus

You choose between

+1 HP AND +1 Skill Point
Special Race/Class bonus

grarrrg
2012-10-23, 08:15 PM
Relevant texts:

Fast Learner
Benefit: When you gain a level in a favored class, you gain both +1 hit point and +1 skill rank instead of choosing either one or the other benefit or you can choose an alternate class reward.

Bolded the important part.
If you have Fast learner, and decide to take either the Hit Point or Skill Point, you instead get both.
OR
You can select from the Alternate favored options.

The OR applies to "Hit point and skill point", it does NOT apply to each bonus separately.

Spuddles
2012-10-24, 05:54 AM
The benefit of this feat is I can choose an alternate class reward. I can also choose an alternate class reward if I give up my skill points.

Does this violate a stacking rule?

Blue Lantern
2012-10-24, 07:12 AM
Besides what grarrrg wrote which I agree on the point could be made that at least violate the spirit of the rule, but then who cares of that?

Psyren
2012-10-24, 11:42 AM
The benefit of this feat is I can choose an alternate class reward. I can also choose an alternate class reward if I give up my skill points.

Does this violate a stacking rule?

You're not stacking anything; It just lets you choose an alternate just like you could without the feat. It doesn't give you a second alternate reward.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-24, 11:56 AM
Why bother taking it at all? Toughness is straight-up better, giving more better options than Fast Learner at every level. :smallannoyed: And you get some- of the bonus hp earlier, which matters a lot at level 1-3.

Normal Human, no feat:
+1 skill or +1 hp or alternate

Fast Learner
[+1 skill and +1 hp] or alternate

Toughness
[+1 skill and +1 hp] or [+2 hp] or [+1 hp and alternate]

grarrrg
2012-10-24, 12:23 PM
Why bother taking it at all? Toughness is straight-up better, giving more better options than Fast Learner at every level.

Because you could do Toughness AND Fast Learner!
*mind=blown*

Fast Learner AND Toughness
[+1 skill and +2 hp] or [+1 hp and alternate]

COWER, MORTALS, BEFORE MY AWESOME SLIGHTLY HIGHER HP TOTAL!
*mind=blown-er*

Slipperychicken
2012-10-24, 04:58 PM
Because you could do Toughness AND Fast Learner!
*mind=blown*

Fast Learner AND Toughness
[+1 skill and +2 hp] or [+1 hp and alternate]

COWER, MORTALS, BEFORE MY AWESOME SLIGHTLY HIGHER HP TOTAL!
*mind=blown-er*

Thank you for making me laugh. I don't have much to thank you with, but here, take an internet.