PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Module chaining

RFLS
2012-10-23, 11:09 PM
Alright, discussion time. I'm putting a ton of work into my current campaign, and I'm really enjoying it, as are my players, but I'm going to be ready to chill for a bit after this. So. My question-

What're some modules that can be chained together and play nice with each other? I absolutely don't mind (and rather prefer) some time between modules that isn't scripted, so don't worry if your suggestion doesn't line up level-wise.

I'm a big, big fan of the Red Hand of Doom module, and my current group has never seen it before; I'm very likely to use it, but I'm not married to the idea.

Also, dungeons are a plus. The group and I both love a well done dungeon, but I have no qualms about making my own.

TypoNinja
2012-10-24, 02:26 AM
I don't know about everything, but I heartily recommend Expedition to the Demonweb Pits for your level 9 to 12 block. Ran that and loved it. The Demonwrecker PrC in the back is nice too.

Arcanist
2012-10-24, 02:27 AM
Chaining Pandyrm Campaign hook (EL5) to Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (EL6). It's quite easy in the fact that the Campaign hook only requires for you to send the party to seek out the NPC's father which you can tell your party, was last seen in (or around) Barovia.

Trying to figure out what to do at EC10 for the party... Need a good EL10-15 for it and then for EL17 I might do the Bastion of Souls or something and finish it off with a race against time at EL20 in the Crystal Prison (Obligatum 7 beating against the Mind Shard vs the Party to stop him).

After that I might continue the campaign with an Epic Level Module that I've been working on for a few months...

Not sure if this believes on the spoilers or not...

RFLS
2012-10-24, 09:55 AM
I don't know about everything, but I heartily recommend Expedition to the Demonweb Pits for your level 9 to 12 block. Ran that and loved it. The Demonwrecker PrC in the back is nice too.

Hmmmm....that looks really good, actually. I'll add it to the list of things. Quick question (also, very vague one)- there was a module I read about a while back that had an assault on an underdark city in the middle of a lake; does that ring any bells? My google-fu has failed me.

Chaining Pandyrm Campaign hook (EL5) to Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (EL6). It's quite easy in the fact that the Campaign hook only requires for you to send the party to seek out the NPC's father which you can tell your party, was last seen in (or around) Barovia.

Trying to figure out what to do at EC10 for the party... Need a good EL10-15 for it and then for EL17 I might do the Bastion of Souls or something and finish it off with a race against time at EL20 in the Crystal Prison (Obligatum 7 beating against the Mind Shard vs the Party to stop him).

Do you have a source for Pandyrm? My google-fu is apparently on the fritz today, I couldn't find it. I'm going to pass on Castle Ravenloft, though, mostly because it really irritates me for some reason. Bastion of Broken Souls looks good, though.

Arcanist
2012-10-24, 10:51 AM
Do you have a source for Pandyrm? My google-fu is apparently on the fritz today, I couldn't find it. I'm going to pass on Castle Ravenloft, though, mostly because it really irritates me for some reason. Bastion of Broken Souls looks good, though.

Pandyrm is in Elder Evil and it takes you from 5-20, however due to how vauge and unhelpful the events are in the book are it leaves the DM forced to select Modules that occur around the designated level. I'm considering mixing it with another Elder Evil hook... I just wish there were more high level Modules :smallannoyed: