PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with going incorpreal to corpreal

Magnera
2012-10-24, 10:43 AM
So in a gestalt game I'm going to play I am wanting the incorpreal subtype for my cha build. The basic character design is a charisma based fighter with room for mercantile background and landlord. I was thinking a ghost/monk/paladin/sorcerer/abjchampion. It's made for 9th level so as long as the build works by then things will be awesome.

Key feats would be mercantile background, landlord, asthetic Mage(for monk).
Now the build is not really a problem. It's going from incorpreal to corpreal that is difficult as I have no idea how to do it.

EDIT: oh yeah I have to be a ghost and LA won't be a problem cuz of gestalt

Psyren
2012-10-24, 10:52 AM
As a ghost, your best bet is probably possessing someone. Why do you need to be corporeal?

Magnera
2012-10-24, 10:58 AM
Possessing someone was on my mind but abit over the top. Tbh I just want a way to act in the material plane.

Psyren
2012-10-24, 11:02 AM
Possessing someone was on my mind but abit over the top. Tbh I just want a way to act in the material plane.

Act how though? Talk to people? Pick things up? Eat crisps? Use the loo?

Depending on why exactly you want to be corporeal, they may be easier or harder ways to get what you want.

Magnera
2012-10-24, 11:09 AM
Ummm lets see here... I want to trade goods, take part of our mercenary company, kick some tail via fighting, act as if I was really there. The ghost template could probably be changed for somthing else that gives me the incorpreal sub-type

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-24, 11:17 AM
Two things come instantly to mind.

Ghostly Grasp; a feat in libris mortis that allows you to physically interact with the world in spite of being incorporeal

Shellcraft Mannequin; an item from ghostwalk. It's basically a tailors dummy that, through some construction process, allows a ghost to inhabit it and treat it as a corporeal body.

Magnera
2012-10-24, 11:21 AM
Two things come instantly to mind.

Ghostly Grasp; a feat in libris mortis that allows you to physically interact with the world in spite of being incorporeal

Shellcraft Mannequin; an item from ghostwalk. It's basically a tailors dummy that, through some construction process, allows a ghost to inhabit it and treat it as a corporeal body.

Ghostly grasp looks utterly awesome and it seems to solve my problem! How lovely. After school im going to see if I can post the build.

Deth Muncher
2012-10-24, 12:05 PM
If you just want to touch/interact with things, you can always buy Ghost Touch gauntlets.

Magnera
2012-10-24, 01:03 PM
True, how ever I'm taking the feat Ghostly Grasp. How ever I'm trying to integrate ghost into my build and it's giving me a hard time.