PDA

View Full Version : Some help with a summoner. (Eidolon help)

Alden
2012-10-24, 02:27 PM
Basically, I'd like some suggestions and ideas. I don't want/need to be badass and break stuff, but for instance, I am considering making my eidolon look like a dragon, or a chimera. What feats should I pick?. What would be decent feats for a summoner that tries to focus on his eidolon... spells?

Oh, right. i am Level 3 right now, half elf.

Madara
2012-10-24, 03:38 PM
It seems that most people favor the Quadruped form. Then you give it Pounce. Often, people will choose to also make it a mount. You'll want flight, and maybe throw on a tale for the dragon. Throw on Claws and a Tail/Tail slap for now.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-24, 10:29 PM
Dragon:
Quadraped base form (grants Bite, and 2x Legs)

2 EP Flight (Ex)

1 EP Claws

1 EP Pounce

1 EP Tail (get Tail Slap later)

Combat Munchkin Centaur Thing
Quadraped base form (Bite, 2x Legs)

1 EP Pounce

1 EP Claws

1 EP Improved Damage (Claws)

2 EP Arms

Eidolon takes MWP: Greatsword as a feat, and weilds one with its arms. Weapon iteratives do not count against the natural attack limit.

Pounce-> Greatsword/Claw/Claw/Bite.

Feats... You'll want Augment Summoning (SF: Conjuration, Superior Summoning, Augment Summoning). Because your Eidolon will go down, and you will want to use Summon Monster to replace it. And you'll want your summons to have +4 Str and Con. And you'll want to summon one more creature with each casting.

Resilient Eidolon, because someday you will go down while your Eidolon still lives, and you'll want it to keep on kicking. This could easily mean the difference between one PC down and a TPK.

Ravenica
2012-10-24, 10:35 PM
Short list of what I have on one of my npc summoners
Spell Focus(Conjuration)
Augment Summoning
Superior summoning
Resilient Eidolon
Dimensional Agility
Summoners Call
Extra Evolution 2
(he also has quicken sla for reasons :smalltongue:)

his eidolon is made up to appear as a gynosphinx with the following evolutions
Large Size
Flight (bird wings, extra speed 1)
Rake
Immunity: Lightning
Wing Buffet
Slam
Natural armor (3)
Pounce
Energy Attacks(Air)
Improved Damage

list is a tad simplified, she has improved damage on most of her attacks but it is pretty similar to a dragon for layout if you want a pure combat monster, drop the energy attacks air for a breathe weapon and immunity lightning can be down graded for resistance to the energy type to match your dragon colour

Alden
2012-10-25, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.
And, resilien eidolon was in my list, yeah.

Amburst
2012-10-25, 09:40 PM
Is there a way to reduce the time it takes to summon the eidolon?

Ravenica
2012-10-25, 11:18 PM
theres the spell that summons it, but its temporary, honestly it's useful for if it gets banished due to damage but otherwise a 1 minute ritual per day is not all that bad, better than the amount of time it's supposed to take a wizard to prep a spell list for the day even

Amburst
2012-10-26, 07:09 AM
True. Thanks

Killer Angel
2012-10-26, 07:24 AM
Basically, I'd like some suggestions and ideas.

Here you are (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184592). :smallsmile:

Alden
2012-10-26, 04:04 PM
I am aware of that thread, but I believe it's a bit outdated by now, like, no mention of ultimate magic feat and related things for instance. was just curious if anyone had at least some tips. Thanks for the posts