Celerity, Minor
Universal
Level: Bard 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

As you finish your spell, you get the strange sensation that little is different

You gain a single immediate action, or a single swift action on your next turn. Unlike normal Celerity you are not dazed. This spell cannot grant you more immediate or swift actions than you would normally be entitled to.

Yes. This is a joke.

Absol197
2012-10-25, 02:11 PM
Celerity, Minor
Transmutation
Level: Bard 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

As you finish your spell, you get the strange sensation that little is different

You gain a single immediate action, or a single swift action on your next turn. Unlike normal Celerity you are not dazed.

Yes. This is a joke.

I...Okay, white text. Got it :smallwink: .

By the way, I came up with a great magic item along the lines of this spell. I call it the ring of many rings. When you wear the ring, you get an extra ring slot! It's amazing! :smallbiggrin:

~Phoenix~

Eurus
2012-10-25, 02:15 PM
I...Okay, white text. Got it :smallwink: .

By the way, I came up with a great magic item along the lines of this spell. I call it the ring of many rings. When you wear the ring, you get an extra ring slot! It's amazing! :smallbiggrin:

~Phoenix~

Gasp! That means you could wear literally hundreds of rings at once! Use them as improvised gauntlets, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2012-10-25, 02:19 PM
Hm.
There has to be a way to abuse that. Twin spell, maybe? Contingent Spell?

Absol197
2012-10-25, 02:19 PM
Gasp! That means you could wear literally hundreds of rings at once! Use them as improvised gauntlets, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

Nope, unfortunately not. Multiple of the same effect from the same source doesn't stack remember.

That's okay, though. I mean, you get to benefit from an extra ring! How cool is that!

Eldan
2012-10-25, 02:22 PM
Well, by the magic item compendium rules, you could stack that onto the same item with a ring of deflection.

Garryl
2012-10-25, 03:44 PM
Not as useless as it looks at first glance. Combine with Arcane Fusion, for example.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-25, 04:27 PM
Huh. Your right Garryl. Better make a note getting rid of that.

bobthe6th
2012-10-25, 06:02 PM
repeat spell? CM, cast the spell again a round latter. not mutch, but something. eventually be able to cast n copies of the spell, were n is the appropriate spell slot.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-26, 07:15 AM
How does it look now as the Most Useless Spell Ever?

bobthe6th
2012-10-26, 08:44 AM
this now does absolutely nothing... good job!

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-26, 08:49 AM
It does do something, though. It deprives you of a single Cantrip!

Absol197
2012-10-26, 08:52 AM
It does do something, though. It deprives you of a single Cantrip!

But if you were to use it in Pathfinder, cantrips are at-will, so it wouldn't even do that!

CharityB
2012-10-26, 10:07 AM
I feel so dumb! I can't tell what's supposed to be wrong with this spell! At first I thought it was because you could get as many immediate actions as you wanted per turn, but when I checked it turns out that you ordinarily only get one normally, so wouldn't having a single additional action be useful (even if it's pretty limited)?

I know I'm missing something obvious but I just can't see it!

Absol197
2012-10-26, 10:10 AM
I feel so dumb! I can't tell what's supposed to be wrong with this spell! At first I thought it was because you could get as many immediate actions as you wanted per turn, but when I checked it turns out that you ordinarily only get one normally, so wouldn't having a single additional action be useful (even if it's pretty limited)?

I know I'm missing something obvious but I just can't see it!

You're forgetting the casting time. Look at what that is, and get back to us :smallwink: .

CharityB
2012-10-26, 10:34 AM
You're forgetting the casting time. Look at what that is, and get back to us :smallwink: .

I saw that, but if you're spending one immediate action now to essentially get two next turn (the single one you gain from the spell and the one you get normally)...?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-26, 11:01 AM
If you use your immediate action, you don't get your swift action next turn. This spell has an immediate action casting time, thus no swift action next turn. This spell gives you an immediate action now or a swift action next turn.

Net result? You loose 1 cantrip.

Absol197
2012-10-26, 11:04 AM
I saw that, but if you're spending one immediate action now to essentially get two next turn (the single one you gain from the spell and the one you get normally)...?

Not quite. You spend an immediate action to immediately gain...an immediate action. And since spending an immediate action consumes your swift action for your upcoming turn, choosing that option doesn't really do anything, either.

Amechra
2012-10-26, 11:07 AM
Wait, there's that feat that gives you DR 5/magic on any round in which you cast a Transmutation spell!

No action cost DR 5/magic at level 1 is quite nice, isn't it?

Oh, and it is a boost to DR, not just DR 5/magic; you can get +5 to any DR that you've got...

super dark33
2012-10-26, 02:36 PM
I just love how people can find terrible ways to break a game using a usless spell....:smalltongue:

Amechra
2012-10-26, 05:03 PM
It's what we do to let us sleep at night.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-10-27, 02:33 PM
Just removed that little use. Anything else I've missed?

Eldan
2012-10-27, 03:06 PM
Could still be a contingency, I guess. But there's so many better contingencies.

sreservoir
2012-10-27, 07:50 PM
the spell prevents itself from taking effect -- you've used your immediate on the spell, so you can't gain another immediate (because that would be more immediates than usual), and a swift next turn would be an extra swift next turn.

it does, however, turn out to have a use: it's a cheap way to waste an immediate action. this allows you to take one or more free actions during not your turn, which is normally not really easy because you're only specifically allowed to take free actions while taking another action normally -- this interpretation is supported by talking specifically noting, "speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn." this allows you to, among other things, drop prone -- or, hey, if you actually have a swift action somehow when it's not your turn, you can use it.