PDA

View Full Version : Bag of Holding Silliness

Cranthis
2012-10-26, 05:31 AM
What is the silliest thing you keep in your bag of holding?

Right now, my character keeps a "Just in case" row boat and oar in one.

I also intend to get a warforged scout Cleric or healer in one.

HunterColt22
2012-10-26, 08:05 AM

Right now, my character keeps a "Just in case" row boat and oar in one.

I also intend to get a warforged scout Cleric or healer in one.

I resemble that remark! We may be curious by nature but that doesn't mean we are willing to be placed in stasis for all eternity to heal your fleshy butt. In other instances, we have used something to similar effect, folding boat with a dead adult black dragon on it. Thank god for stasis.

Slipperychicken
2012-10-26, 08:18 AM
2500lb of sticky Orc men's magazines.

Fill it with sand. Possibilities abound.

>9,000 oragami figures. Carefully place one on every person you kill.

nedz
2012-10-26, 10:05 AM
A Portable Hole.

Axier
2012-10-26, 10:29 AM
Enormous amounts of alchemist fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding filled with alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding filled with alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire... Eventually getting to an ordinary sack with some alchemists fire in it.

You throw the sack, the alchemists fire inside the regular sack breaks, burning the other bags of holding, dropping their payload, dropping the next, droppign the next, dropping the next...

I think you get the Idea.

Feralventas
2012-10-26, 12:11 PM
Enormous amounts of alchemist fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding filled with alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding filled with alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire, in a bag of holding, in a bag of holding full of alchemists fire... Eventually getting to an ordinary sack with some alchemists fire in it.

You throw the sack, the alchemists fire inside the regular sack breaks, burning the other bags of holding, dropping their payload, dropping the next, droppign the next, dropping the next...

I don't know that Extra Dimensional spaces are affected by the forces applied to the opening on your plane.

I had a player who had a very long list of things he liked to keep at hand, including massive quantities of oil "just in case" as seems to be the theme of the thread.

It got hit by an arrow while he was in it. I decided to rule that the entire content of the bag spilled out into the ocean where he'd been taking a swim when he decided to hide rather than face the coral golem he'd run into.

One round and a natural 1 on a Scorching Ray later, there was an oil-fire on the coastline.

Shame about those boats full of undead on their way to shore...

ahenobarbi
2012-10-26, 02:18 PM
We have a lightning-fired donkey in ours.

toapat
2012-10-26, 02:27 PM

I think you have the Extradimensional compression off, you should have more then 1 Bag of Artillery in each stage

gr8artist
2012-10-27, 05:31 AM
Water. Similar to sand, it can come in really handy sometimes.
Caltrops also has some humor potential. Throw in something explosive and you get a shrapnel bomb.
Also, the next time you set off a poison gas trap (or the party orc has to fart) try to capture the gas. You never know if it might come in handy.

willpell
2012-10-27, 05:35 AM
Nothing can top the Knights of the Dinner Table and their adventure titled "Bag World", in which they kept a long list of emergency supplies, including a company of mercenaries...who proceeded to found a civilization inside the bag and demanded supplies from the Knights, and declared war on them when they refused, using catapults to launch the Knights' surplus furniture out at them every time they opened the bag. I can't really do justice to the hilarity of this whole episode; it just got progressively more ridiculous with every passing chapter. (The whole thing is moot by D&D RAW, which states that the bag doesn't contain air; presumably this is not true in Hackmaster.)

docnessuno
2012-10-27, 05:48 AM
Slightly OT, but my warforged artificer used a modified portable hole (10ftx10ft square entry, 20ft deep) as a portable workshop, fitted with mundane and magical crafting tools, including a magically-heated forge.

Medic!
2012-10-27, 06:21 AM
A caster with a Necklace of Adaptation, or a Bottle of Air, and a Ring Gate, with the sister Ring Gate being on the main front-line fighter's shield.

Spells pew-pew out at the bad-guys, or if the tanky-guy is hurting, a quick touch heal comes through the Ring Gate.

Nothing like a cloud-kill coming spewing off of a Crusader's shield!

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-27, 06:30 AM
Son, let me tell you the story of how daddy kobold built a tower out of enveloping pits.
Once upon a time, I was a member of a roving gang of murder hobos. We would go across the land, slaying monsters and taking their hard earned loot. But I had a problem. I was making all of the gear for the party, since I was quite the artificer back in the day, but I didn't have anywhere to work. So papa kobold decided to build himself an extradimensional space that his friends could carry around. I thought about a portable hole, but that was very small. I also though about trying a bag of holding, but it was also very little. Eventually, I found out that Kurtulmak had made a magical pit that went down 50 feet! I made one so that I could work in peace while we traveled. Soon however, the others in my group wanted to stay in the pit too. So we built some ladders and floors, turning the pit into an upside down tower. Even then, we ran out of room to put things though. So I made another one, and put it on the floor of the first.
Before long, I had 10 of the magical pits layered on top of each other. We even had one devoted to holding 5 warbeast dire polar bears. Our tower eventually grew so big that we had plants growing to give us air and I grew some brown mold to keep pests at bay. Then we grew tired of having to carry the first pit. So I made us a nice little flying carpet to carry it. Sadly, that was a bad idea. While me and my friends were in a battle, a mean man set fire to our carpet and the inside of our tower. The mold soon took over. I luckily had most of my treasure with me, but the tower was done for.
The moral of the story is to defend your infinitely stacked enveloping pit tower with actual defenses little kobold. Learn from your pappy.

Medic!
2012-10-27, 06:42 AM
Son, let me tell you the story of how daddy kobold built a tower out of enveloping pits.
Once upon a time, I was a member of a roving gang of murder hobos. We would go across the land, slaying monsters and taking their hard earned loot. But I had a problem. I was making all of the gear for the party, since I was quite the artificer back in the day, but I didn't have anywhere to work. So papa kobold decided to build himself an extradimensional space that his friends could carry around. I thought about a portable hole, but that was very small. I also though about trying a bag of holding, but it was also very little. Eventually, I found out that Kurtulmak had made a magical pit that went down 50 feet! I made one so that I could work in peace while we traveled. Soon however, the others in my group wanted to stay in the pit too. So we built some ladders and floors, turning the pit into an upside down tower. Even then, we ran out of room to put things though. So I made another one, and put it on the floor of the first.
Before long, I had 10 of the magical pits layered on top of each other. We even had one devoted to holding 5 warbeast dire polar bears. Our tower eventually grew so big that we had plants growing to give us air and I grew some brown mold to keep pests at bay. Then we grew tired of having to carry the first pit. So I made us a nice little flying carpet to carry it. Sadly, that was a bad idea. While me and my friends were in a battle, a mean man set fire to our carpet and the inside of our tower. The mold soon took over. I luckily had most of my treasure with me, but the tower was done for.
The moral of the story is to defend your infinitely stacked enveloping pit tower with actual defenses little kobold. Learn from your pappy.

This just made my day! It also reminded me of a group I was in where we decided to skin? *ahem* hollow out a kobold and make a bag of holding out of it.

Arcanist
2012-10-27, 06:57 AM
A 5 Living Zombie Wyrmlings, a mindraped Warforged (Female) bar wench who spends all of eternity crafting me sandwiches that has some... sexy features built into it and does as I command whenever I command :smallwink: (AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!)

Cranthis
2012-10-27, 07:43 AM
A 5 Living Zombie Wyrmlings, a mindraped Warforged (Female) bar wench who spends all of eternity crafting me sandwiches that has some... sexy features built into it and does as I command whenever I command :smallwink: (AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!)

A mindraped warforged? Thats female? I hate to tell you, but warforged don't have genders or the proper orifices for your fun.

Arcanist
2012-10-27, 08:06 AM
A mindraped warforged? Thats female? I hate to tell you, but warforged don't have genders or the proper orifices for your fun.

Female mindset which is indeed possible and I said that it had "sexy features" :smallwink: I left it so ambiguous as to allow the reader to decide what features these include since I'm sure everyone has their own fetish... :smalltongue: AND JUST LIKE THAT I DECIDED THAT MY NEXT CHARACTER WILL BE A WARFORGED PROSTITUTE! :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2012-10-27, 08:17 AM

Oh... wait, what's this??

ECS; Warforged
Warforged have no physical distinction of gender; all
of them have a basically muscular, sexless body shape. In
personality, some warforged seem more masculine or feminine,
but different people might judge the same warforged
in different ways. [...]Unique among constructs, warforged have learned to
modify their bodies through magic and training. Many
warforged are adorned with heavier metal plates than those
their creator originally endowed them with. This customized
armor, built-in weaponry, and other enhancements
to their physical form help to differentiate one warforged
from another.

We can build her. We have the technology. :smallcool:

Arcanist
2012-10-27, 08:26 AM

Tempted to make a thread titled "The Playground makes a Woman" :smalltongue:

willpell
2012-10-27, 09:05 AM
Oh... wait, what's this??

This can't end well....

nedz
2012-10-27, 09:16 AM
Mithril Leaf's story reminds me of a trick from a 2E campaign.

The party were very fond of having dead party members reincarnated on the Druid table. Someone's Cohort Hench got reincarnated as a Dryad.

Now this was cool, except that he couldn't travel too far from his tree. The solution to this problem, apparently, was to polymorph the Tree into a Shambling Mound.

Now since Dryads live in their trees, and can take other people inside, I reasoned that there ought to be a couple of rooms inside.

Now we have an APC which is quite good in a fight and carries the rest of the party inside. If the Shambling Mound Tank got damaged then one of the clerics would cure it, from the inside. The Dryad was allowed to carry two others in, or out, per round; this was basically his job in a fight. Fresh troops out, unconscious bodies back inside.

willpell
2012-10-27, 09:18 AM
Now we have an APC which is quite good in a fight and carries the rest of the party inside. If the Shambling Mound Tank got damaged then one of the clerics would cure it, from the inside. The Dryad was allowed to carry two others in, or out, per round; this was basically his job in a fight. Fresh troops out, unconscious bodies back inside.

I am so stealing this.

Wookie-ranger
2012-10-27, 09:41 AM
I am so stealing this.

+1! :smallbiggrin:

Anxe
2012-10-27, 01:39 PM
Weirdest thing my players have done is pile inside of the bag of holding for a teleport. The mage stays outside and casts the spell. That way they can get around the number of passengers per level restriction.

nedz
2012-10-27, 04:56 PM
Weirdest thing my players have done is pile inside of the bag of holding for a teleport. The mage stays outside and casts the spell. That way they can get around the number of passengers per level restriction.

This is not new, but its usually done with a portable hole.

Have you had the situation yet where they forget to open the bag in time and everyone suffocates ?

Doorhandle
2012-10-27, 06:08 PM
This is not new, but its usually done with a portable hole.

Have you had the situation yet where they forget to open the bag in time and everyone suffocates ?

It's a teleport. How long does it take? :smalleek:

Also, this reminds me of a similar idea I had. An esky that lead to a frozen part of the elemental plane of water, where a tame winter-wight wold offer you perfectly chilled drinks of all kinds.

Also, If I had a bag of holding, I'm sure their would be very little I would NOT stuff in there. Grilled wyvern toes are a halfling delicacy, right?

nedz
2012-10-27, 07:45 PM
It's a teleport. How long does it take? :smalleek:

I've seen this result in a near TPK due to player stupidity. :smallamused:

It wasn't the teleport that took the time, they just didn't open the hole in time.
(Wow, accidental alliteration)

Blue1005
2012-10-31, 05:14 AM
I was always under the impression that a bag of holding could not go into another one, or be put into any other extra dimensional space without being destroyed.

Also, how would you logically fit some of the larger items into the opening? A rowboat seems a little difficult.

DigoDragon
2012-10-31, 07:44 AM
In an old campaign, the party had acquired Paco, an evil talking skull. All he could do was berate the PCs so they stuffed him in a bag of holding. Kept him for weeks, occasionally pulling him out for bad advice.

Great way to break the tension in the campaign.

Krazzman
2012-10-31, 08:04 AM
I was always under the impression that a bag of holding could not go into another one, or be put into any other extra dimensional space without being destroyed.

Also, how would you logically fit some of the larger items into the opening? A rowboat seems a little difficult.

This Restriction only is between a Bag of Holding and a Portable hole. Handy Haversacks might come into this too (although only with the portable hole).

Where can I find the enveloping Pit?

robertbevan
2012-10-31, 08:33 AM
this is great. more threads like this please. :)

Slipperychicken
2012-10-31, 09:04 AM
In an old campaign, the party had acquired Paco, an evil talking skull. All he could do was berate the PCs so they stuffed him in a bag of holding. Kept him for weeks, occasionally pulling him out for bad advice.

Great way to break the tension in the campaign.

Hey, at least Paco didn't decide to rupture the Bag.

Twilightwyrm
2012-10-31, 12:22 PM
This all sounds hilarious. Unfortunately the weirdest thing that has ever been stuffed into a bag of holding in any of my games was a dead mind flayer and an unconscious drow noble (at the same time).

roguemetal
2012-10-31, 12:24 PM
I keep a ballista in my bag of holding, along with a bit of rope that's tied around the trigger. :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2012-10-31, 03:02 PM
Just remembered another one.

So the party was going shopping for a Bag of Holding. Try a merchant? 5 minutes of pointless RP (weather, the war, the siege blah blah blah), but no Bag. Does he know anyone who stocks them? Nope, seeya. Next merchant? 10 minutes RP as he explains why no one stocks them, despite their obvious utility, something about local culture. Okayy. Next guy RPs 5 minutes, and this guy actually stocks Bags of Holding... But he only trades the local currency (these weird hoops on strings), and won't take gold pieces (what a great way to do business with wealthy foreigners, jackass). So we go fumble over exchange rates for like 10 more minutes, go back and finally buy this f***ing Bag with the stupid local currency, from this guy on the opposite side of town.

5 minutes later, someone drops an axe. So I put the axe in the Bag to sell it later or whatever.

"The bag ruptures from the axe"

Me: "I didn't chuck it in there, I carefully placed it. It probably had a sheathe anyway"

DM: "No one mentioned a sheathe, it ruptures, losing all things within"

Me::smallfurious:

Half an hour if our players' lives wasted, plus like 4,000gp, our collective patience, and my sanity.

Twilightwyrm
2012-10-31, 03:37 PM
Just remembered another one.

So the party was going shopping for a Bag of Holding. Try a merchant? 5 minutes of pointless RP (weather, the war, the siege blah blah blah), but no Bag. Does he know anyone who stocks them? Nope, seeya. Next merchant? 10 minutes RP as he explains why no one stocks them, despite their obvious utility, something about local culture. Okayy. Next guy RPs 5 minutes, and this guy actually stocks Bags of Holding... But he only trades the local currency (these weird hoops on strings), and won't take gold pieces (what a great way to do business with wealthy foreigners, jackass). So we go fumble over exchange rates for like 10 more minutes, go back and finally buy this f***ing Bag with the stupid local currency, from this guy on the opposite side of town.

5 minutes later, someone drops an axe. So I put the axe in the Bag to sell it later or whatever.

"The bag ruptures from the axe"

Me: "I didn't chuck it in there, I carefully placed it. It probably had a sheathe anyway"

DM: "No one mentioned a sheathe, it ruptures, losing all things within"

Me::smallfurious:

Half an hour if our players' lives wasted, plus like 4,000gp, our collective patience, and my sanity.

Wait...if it was that much of a problem for the DM, why not just ban it? Or better yet: Merchants #1-#3- "What is a Bag of Holding?". Unless your DM has specifically taken the MagicMart approach to magic items, why insult the player's intelligence with flimsy justifications for there not being any around, then ruining it when you finally do allow them to get one?

Dr.Epic
2012-10-31, 03:39 PM

Be a necromancer cleric with dead domain and keep your undead minions in it.

Cero Oscura
2012-10-31, 03:47 PM
Max capacity of seawater so I could transform a teammate wearing the Cloak of the Manta into manta form whenever I wanted.

kardar233
2012-10-31, 05:02 PM
I carry one filled with oil on the off-chance I decide that that castle deserves to be a pile of rubble. Or if I want to drop the whole mountaintop onto a dragon's mountain lair. There are a ton of uses for thermobaric explosions.

Shrink Item'd boulders are also good. Not quite as stylish, though.

nedz
2012-10-31, 05:14 PM
What would happen if you placed a Decanter of Endless Water inside a Bag of Holding, activated it, closed the bag and then left it for a while, ..., a long while.

Then someone finds the bag in a treasure chest, or something, and opens it.

kardar233
2012-10-31, 05:40 PM
Water is incompressible, so eventually the bag would rupture. However, if you made a Decanter of [compressible fluid] you could get some interesting (read:funny) results.

mikalife1
2012-10-31, 05:40 PM
Arrows with a bag of holding on the end with a portable hole on an impact trigger mounted at the mouth of the bag:smallbiggrin:

Dragon Mage
2012-10-31, 06:04 PM
In my bag of holding I have an arcane transformation field from spell compendium cast into it. The spell it duplicates is Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer. As wizard I have unlimited use of spells level 3 and below.

This means I can now fill the bag with to the top with boulders that I cast shrink item on. I think everyone knows where I'm going with this.

Malak'ai
2012-10-31, 06:13 PM
Arrows with a bag of holding on the end with a portable hole on an impact trigger mounted at the mouth of the bag:smallbiggrin:

This! So much this! :smallbiggrin:

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-31, 06:29 PM

I have seen the bag of holding used so the non-stealthy character can be carried by the rogue. Any time someone tries to stuff me in a bag of holding, I will always have a sharp dagger with me, in case someone outside forgets to let me out in time.

mikalife1
2012-10-31, 06:34 PM
This! So much this! :smallbiggrin:

yeah that was the entire basis of a scout character
I played, he dm was testing a rules variant where nonspellcasters got extra gold and gear based on( i think it was ) how non spellcasting they were and how many casters there were in the party. he really didnt think it through:smalltongue:

Sith_Happens
2012-10-31, 09:40 PM
Not quite up there with some of the things in the thread already, but I'm currently in a campaign where we've been getting a lot of... interesting loot in general. The "weirdest" so far is probably a Necronomicon written in Far Realms-speak and decorated liberally with doodles by the choker who formerly owned it, and who had a rather strong crush on Cthulhu (so guess what a lot of the doodles are:smalleek:).

Blue1005
2012-11-01, 12:27 AM
I have seen the bag of holding used so the non-stealthy character can be carried by the rogue. Any time someone tries to stuff me in a bag of holding, I will always have a sharp dagger with me, in case someone outside forgets to let me out in time.

Um. wouldnt that kill you? Or am I way off on BOH rules...

Slipperychicken
2012-11-01, 01:06 AM
Um. wouldnt that kill you? Or am I way off on BOH rules...

Just "lost forever" along with the rest of the contents. It's anyone's guess whether you just die, wind up in a Room of Requirement-esque quasi-dimension on the border of existence filled with items lost from ruptured Bags of Holding, or wind up in the Far Realm (fluffed as being outside both the universe and the timeline itself, it's a good candidate for a destination).

Sith_Happens
2012-11-01, 01:16 AM
a Room of Requirement-esque quasi-dimension on the border of existence filled with items lost from ruptured Bags of Holding,

Best. Campaign setting. Ever.:smalltongue:

Blue1005
2012-11-01, 01:57 AM
Best. Campaign setting. Ever.:smalltongue:

Totally agree with that, but if someone were to do that could they ever be reclaimed and get back tot he material plane???

SowZ
2012-11-01, 02:11 AM
Totally agree with that, but if someone were to do that could they ever be reclaimed and get back tot he material plane???

Not by RAW. RAW is 'lost forever.' Not, "Seriously inconvenienced."

thriceborn
2012-11-01, 02:15 AM
Weirdest thing I've ever had, two dead teammates, a dead minotaur, fang dragon remains, and a elfen necromancers head. Along with some other minutiae.

On that note, a funny story involving those bags. My character, a wizard named Raolin decided that he didn't wnat to waste all his castings of Fly to get his teammates into a tactically sound position, so with his two bags he helped his team mates that were still alive, and two NPCs sneak into a town over run by undead. The NPCs lived in the town and were helping us out with healing and combat help.

But during that time he realized one thing, he had to get rid of the three corpses in his bag, and the fang dragon remains. So he decides to dump them in his tent, and come back for them later. Turns out, after the strike force went to take out the vampire, and save the Half Elf fighters Half Dragon boyfriend, that the queens general, who was orginizing the strike went to Raolins tent and saw the bodies, needless to say, awkward moment when the general saw Raolin agian.

Raolin, after finding the appropriate place for the first strike couldn't figure how to get the party out quietly, or with terrible much finesse, so I just dumped the bag on the roof and watched as my party all almost fell off the roof. Our fighter ended up just cutting a hole in the floor to make getting down the levels easier.

And that's how my entire adventuring party ended up in a BoH.

Tl;Dr Corpses ina bag of holding, and managed to fit the entire adventuring party into two bags of holding to get into a town overrun by undead.

Blue1005
2012-11-01, 02:15 AM
Not by RAW. RAW is 'lost forever.' Not, "Seriously inconvenienced."

Fair enough, but in this space could one potentially say that there is a whole new and prosperous universe in this void of space and time?

nedz
2012-11-01, 05:40 AM
Fair enough, but in this space could one potentially say that there is a whole new and prosperous universe in this void of space and time?

Yeah - seriously impressive loot, but you never get to spend it.
Unless you have access to Plane Shift I guess.

Blue1005
2012-11-01, 06:16 AM
Yeah - seriously impressive loot, but you never get to spend it.
Unless you have access to Plane Shift I guess.

See, i was wondering if planeshift would work or not. that could be an awesome idea if it would.

nedz
2012-11-01, 09:24 AM
See, i was wondering if planeshift would work or not. that could be an awesome idea if it would.

In principle I don't see why not: except that you are unlikely to have the correct tuning fork, or be able to work out which one you need.

Incidental there is no guarantee that all of the loot, from all of the broken Bags of Holding, in all the worlds, ends up in the same place as you. It could be very scattered.

BowStreetRunner
2012-11-01, 09:40 AM
In principle I don't see why not: except that you are unlikely to have the correct tuning fork, or be able to work out which one you need.

The tuning fork determines where the spell sends you, it doesn't matter where you start from. So as long as you carry a fork tuned to your home plane, this should work.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-01, 10:50 AM

Someone must have lost a spell component pouch in there at some point.

Incidental there is no guarantee that all of the loot, from all of the broken Bags of Holding, in all the worlds, ends up in the same place as you. It could be very scattered.

I smell an adventure hook: Race to find the Plane Shift focus (and return home) before some malevolent, insane spellcaster and his minions get there first. The spellcaster has the same ambition (go home), and plans to take the Focus with him, which would leave the party stranded.

You could also rule something crazy/awesome, like the only way to escape from the "Bag of Holding zone" is to enter another Bag of Holding from within the Zone and rupture it (sending you to a randomly-determined plane). Now you just need to find the crafting components in this bizarre wasteland, and fend off whatever horrors lurk beneath the endless garbage.

Blue1005
2012-11-02, 12:13 AM
Someone must have lost a spell component pouch in there at some point.

I smell an adventure hook: Race to find the Plane Shift focus (and return home) before some malevolent, insane spellcaster and his minions get there first. The spellcaster has the same ambition (go home), and plans to take the Focus with him, which would leave the party stranded.

You could also rule something crazy/awesome, like the only way to escape from the "Bag of Holding zone" is to enter another Bag of Holding from within the Zone and rupture it (sending you to a randomly-determined plane). Now you just need to find the crafting components in this bizarre wasteland, and fend off whatever horrors lurk beneath the endless garbage.

That sounds like an awesome idea. When i read abou the lurking monsters i could not help but think Starwars while they escape the death star.

Deophaun
2012-11-02, 12:58 AM
Water is incompressible, so eventually the bag would rupture.
Just a quibble: water is compressible. It just takes a lot of pressure to get any meaningful compression of it. If water was not compressible, sound would travel instantaneously through it, violating the laws of physics and confusing the hell out of dolphins.

TuggyNE
2012-11-02, 01:19 AM
Just a quibble: water is compressible. It just takes a lot of pressure to get any meaningful compression of it. If water was not compressible, sound would travel instantaneously through it, violating the laws of physics and confusing the hell out of dolphins.

And a quibble to your quibble: (essentially) everything is compressible; the term "incompressible" means that it doesn't exhibit the sort of linear compressibility gasses do, and requires a great deal of pressure to compress even slightly. Full accuracy would require describing the degree and deviation of compressibility, or something along those lines, but "incompressible" is a useful shorthand to mark that it doesn't act like a gas.

I have every expectation that someone will now quibble me.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-02, 01:41 AM
And a quibble to your quibble: (essentially) everything is compressible; the term "incompressible" means that it doesn't exhibit the sort of linear compressibility gasses do, and requires a great deal of pressure to compress even slightly. Full accuracy would require describing the degree and deviation of compressibility, or something along those lines, but "incompressible" is a useful shorthand to mark that it doesn't act like a gas.

I have every expectation that someone will now quibble me.

Quibble: Saying water is a liquid is a better shorthand to saying it doesn't act like a gas. :smalltongue:

MilesTiden
2012-11-02, 02:02 AM
This is pretty much the entirety of my current character concept. He is a gestalt Bard//Binder who currently has 3 bags of holding and 2 handy haversacks completely filled with everything. Basically, imagine taking every single item in all the available splatbooks and taking all the super expensive and heavy things. I'm pretty sure he owns a majority of the mundane items available in D&D, and everything we come across, too. An average session goes like this:

DM: As you descend into the caverns, everything is soon enveloped in a deep darkness. However, on the walls, there appears to be some sort of luminescent moss growing on the wa-

Me: I touch it!

DM: ... It leaves a dust of glowing particles on your hand...

Me: Cool, I grab a couple of handfuls and shove it into my bag!

DM: O... kay...

Me: What? It might be useful!

-later-

Party Rogue: There appears to be a trap here. I believe it's some sort of pit trap.

Me: *intentionally triggers it, once everyone steps away*

DM: A pit trap opens up right by your feet. The bottom is covered in long, sharp spikes, which appear to be coated in a sickly green substance.

Me: :elan:

Knight: ... No Roger, you aren't allowed to go down there and get the poison off the spikes. :smallannoyed:

Me: :smallfrown:

Edit: We don't call them bags of holding anymore. Because of Roger, we call them Bags of Hoarding. Basically, he was descended from an incredibly evil and legendarily greedy red dragon, and he inherited his bardic magic and incredible greed from his draconic ancestors. He decided that he was going to take items from those who didn't need them, or were misusing them, and use them to further the causes of good.

However, he lost his memory, after foolishly drawing from the Deck. Which is totally in character for him. Now he's on a quest for a sage (who's lawn he was randomly teleported to after losing his memory), who has recently discovered divine magic, and discovered that one of the PCs has the potential to be a mystic. (Basically, the sorcerer to Cleric's wizard. Think Favored Soul, but less combat focused.) And he doesn't know why he has this urge to take everything possible, and only knows of one of his Bags of Hoarding. He also forgot he was a Binder.

He's very... Elan-ish.

TheFallenOne
2012-11-02, 03:40 AM
Sorcerer villain was decorating his new underground lair and used his Bag of Holding to transport the heavier stuff. The party killed him, took the bag, and the PC holding it was arrested later. Upon entering the prison, the watch emptied her bags to list her possessions...

"An orange carpet, slightly singed."
"An OAKEN DOOR."

I think I hit the man's mounting surprise pretty well when delivering the line.

RoyVG
2012-11-02, 06:46 AM
I once took an entire treasure room of gold in my Bag of Holding. We also houseruled that Bag of Holding release all items in them when destroyed.

Moments later the party encountered a dragon and me as a Whisper Gnome was his closest target. He ate me and I died.

My Bag of Holding dissolved in his stomach acid. Now he died.
I killed a dragon, while being dead myself.