PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a custom class? Alucard Class

Sinpoder
2012-10-26, 12:52 PM
At this moment, I am running what basically is a power gaming campaign where everyone is Gods in every sense of the word. What i want is a class that emulates Alucard from Hellsing. Basically what I want is to be able to use the Souls of anyone I have killed or I have collected to power my abilities which include using those souls to bypass the Death Rules of normal DnD.

I have looked over the internet to see if someone else made a similar class and i could not find an example of that, so if you guys could help me come up with a system that is not Insanely OP that would be great.

Vauron
2012-10-26, 05:21 PM
Well, it wont work well for the souls bit, but the Ozodin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) is essentially tailor-made for how Alucard could just sprout heads, tentacles, and the like whenever he felt like it. The souls bit could perhaps be handled by the Cosmic Horror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207685) epic prestige class, or you could multiclass with an incarnum class. I seem to recall that there is an Ozodin/Totemist theurg class, but don't hold me to that.

Sinpoder
2012-10-26, 05:39 PM
Well the thing is that the soul thing does matter, and I need to figure out a way to make souls useful to my character, Soul Dealing Vampire God, and i am basically stealing one out of Alucards Playbook so i can use them to power myself but I will most likely take that very thing but i still want that custom class.

saxavarius
2012-10-28, 11:35 PM
From what i got just skimming the Ozidrin class it seems to be spot on to what Alucard could do; maybe a little re-fluffing of how the abilities work and a count of the number of souls you've absorbed to revive yourself and you should be good.

Sinpoder
2012-10-31, 11:04 AM
Yea... me and my DM are doing some refluffing and other things so thank you very much guys. :smallbiggrin:

Tanuki Tales
2012-10-31, 11:22 AM
You'll need a Salient Divine ability that let's you be where ever you want to be as a free action (basically some magic love child of Greater Teleport and Planeshift) and also makes you instantly heal all damage and revive from death as a free action.