PDA

View Full Version : Against the clock, an Eldretechno Adventure [IC]

BelGareth
2012-10-26, 02:36 PM
Against the clock, an Eldretechno Adventure
Chapter 1: Pop goes the weasel

You are for one reason or another standing in the main floor Market square of the Leaning Tower of Sout. Whatever reasons bought you here are myriad and strange, eclectic to the best degree of understanding, but one thing is constant among you all.

You all ended up here.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/069/0/f/steampunk_town_by_jamienobes-d4saqdk.jpg

Watchwork loaders stumble through the streets, cogs and gears spilling out as their rusted innards fall apart, but somehow their Eldritech hearts still pumped life into them keeping them going much longer than should be possible.

A large cog slowly works its way around the interior of the level, marking the passage of time, in an eternal dance around the teeth it resided in.

Glowing orbs pulsed with arcane energy as the Heuristic circuits maintained them with the eldritch power from the sea turbines several stories below. It was easy to tell how the tide was from the pulsing lights, especially as you got further away from sea level.

The Thur Guardians, the elite police of the Magocracy walking a random path in their cyber-Heuristic form fitting armor, Shoulder cannons perched high, several of them hovering on Eldrikinetic turbines as they moved through the market. You can see the hustle and bustle obviously calms while they continue on their patrol and then elevates to the crashing crescendo that it was before they came.

What bought you here?

The letter in your pocket bought you, the cryptic message that asked you to come and listen to a wizened sage, a legendary Eldratechnician who had retired unassumingly to a little room in the market corner of the Leaning Tower of Sout.

Dear recipient,

It is my greatest honor and my deepest concern that I contact you.

[error] [unknown parameter] [return 0] 001010001010111010has been of poor health for some time, it has come to our attention that you might be of some value.

We are in need of a 01001001001000010 [Registry error, Hueristic failure, ZERO unknown, SEVEN global] several protagonists have come forth from our research, and all is in peril.

Please come.

010010100001012001001010101010 [Exception unkown]
Please Reboot

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-26, 07:37 PM
Maya looks down at the note again, this was the problem with general Heuristic circuits, they tended to fail at the worst times, "let's see what this is about Lyla, Burner," she says, looking back at her partner and her guard.

white rider
2012-10-26, 08:38 PM
Burner chops off a stiff salute, and moves to stand next to and slightly in front of Maya and Lyla. Though he seems calm, he is, as always, ready to fight
Ready an action to counterspell- and yes, I will almost always be doing this. I don't get tired.

Lateral
2012-10-26, 09:25 PM
Lyla smiles. "Cryptic messages? Dire peril? Wizened sages? Come on, this is right up our alley- it's just like old times."

Grimshell. Were we planning on keeping the relationship a secret from Diana, Dallun, and Uriah at this point? They don't know anything about it IC, and it might be to our advantage to hide it.

The Shadowmind
2012-10-26, 10:33 PM
Diana ponders the note,The note is seems to been written by a malfunctioning entity. But, it was able to locate self, thus potential danger level high. Potential to gain allies.Proceed with caution.

Vestiges Bound:
Andromalius Bound to Crown:
Buer: Bound to Arms
Melds:
Silvertongue Mask (Bound to Brown-Soulstone)
Vitality Belt
Impulse Boots

GuyFawkes
2012-10-27, 01:09 AM
Uriah

A hooded figure streaked through the streets, not even bothering to slow down in the presence of the Thur Guardians. The steps were quick but sure, knowing which corner to turn, which alleyway to avoid, and stopped only at a small intersection somewhere in the market.

Yes, he knew the city all too well, that's why he had no problem finding that place. But the hood spoke of his unease in being there. A long time ago, he had vowed never to walk these streets again, until he found what he was looking for. In fact, he was nowhere near his goal, and yet there he was.

Of all places, he had to hole up here.

From inside his cloak he took out a piece of paper. It was a letter, and the reason he was there despite his reservations. He read its contents once more, sighed, and put it back inside his pocket. Turning right, he walked a few steps before stopping in front of a little shop.

"This had better be damn worth my time," he muttered under his breath as he stepped forward and knocked on the door.

jojolagger
2012-10-27, 01:42 AM
Floating invisibly nearby, Dallun hears some people discussing a note similar to the one he got. Well, looks like he has a few new wards.
Well, it's not like I something better to do. Let's keep an eye on them and see what this is about.

Greater invisibility, IMCH based invisibility, and Darkstalker.I am as near as possible unfindable at this level.

BelGareth
2012-10-29, 06:36 PM
*Knock* *Knock* Pounded, Uriahs fists upon the stained oak wooden door. The paint was peeling and chipped off in most places, but you could still see "Parts serviced Here" sign faintly in yellow cursive.

It took a moment, but you could definitively hear the whir and buzz sound of a mechanoid moving about the inside, the door jerked open with the awkward uncomplicated movement of a greeting unit. It's eyes passed over your whole frame before beginning to formulate a speech to welcome you entry into its masters abode.

It visibly shakes as it does so, the higher functions taxing the memories, RAM disallowing more basic functions. You could tell, and know that the mechanoid was in bad shape, especially if it was what you thought it was. That is the Butler and house cleaner to the most renowned Eldratechnician to have ever lived.

Something was very bad indeed.

"WELcome to the HOUse of the Dr. Luvingtzer, PERLEase enter..er..er..er..er." it stammers and only stops when it moves to the side to allow you entry.

As it lets you enter (and any others who deem it appropriate to do so), it scans you all, you hear a strange clicking sound, and then a whirring like a stone scrapping against a metal disk. Looking towards you all it pauses again to speak "........THAnk yuO, please..ese..ese..ese be PATient while I GET my MA aster..."

It clanks off and leaves alone (with whom ever entered), after an arguably horribly long time a set of double doors swing wide on the other side and a large contraption on wheels squeeks its way into the room, the butler pushing from the other side.

What sits before you is something akin to an Alchemetry lab, tubes sit with bubbles slowly rising to the top and tubes pump strange colored liquid around to strange mechanical contraptions which hiss and thud. A general sense of Alchemagerie* exudes from the device, and then suddenly the front portion lifts up an inch, releasing all manner of steam into the air. It begins to lift upwards, revealing a small, ancient, shriveled, halfling. Almost a dozen tubes and wires perforate his skin in a myriad of places, pumping the liquid you saw before into him, and some away, sucking a thick black and sticky residue. You now realize why the place is so run down, why the Master Eldratechnician had not kept his butler in shape and what had happened to him.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-riEkHp0hRyk/UI8URStnBgI/AAAAAAAACD8/OpZ9ue7DC9U/s800/throne.jpg

He was dying, and this was his attempt at prolonging his life. You stand amazed, as, for one of the most revered Eldratechnician is in your presence, but you also, if you memory serves you right, are seeing a real live Golden throne. Never has one been created, let alone used, it is a myth among math and science, a device able to keep you alive, even after the most grievous of wounds.

Something else folds out from the side of the whirring throne, a small arm extends out on brass tubes and opens sideways, a screen pops up before you with a waiting cursor flashing.

▓Hello▒I am glad▓to see you again░

You▒▒▒must have▓questions?

* = A rude term used by others to describe extreme Alchemetrists, who sometimes get too into their work.

GuyFawkes
2012-10-30, 02:30 AM
Uriah

"Ah, thanks."

The hooded figure replied as he stepped inside the small shop's threshold as he pulled down his hood, revealing a young man with shoulder-length brown hair. Immediately his brown eyes wandered inside to examine the room, but as it had little interesting things for his eyes, his gaze naturally drifted back towards the construct that assisted him.

Upon giving the mechanoid a second look, a hint of recognition sparked inside him, but he could not believe the current state it has become, more like he did not want to believe.

He had known this mechanoid years before, no, more like seen from afar. But such was his admiration for Jarold Luvingtzer, the famed Gramarie Master, that he took personally every bit of knowledge he had about him. He was his idol, someone whom he wanted to be when he grew up.

That was years ago though. Years before he learned about his despicable curse. Years before he left this place. And only a couple before the legend of Jarold Luvingtzer faded into memory like yesterday's gossip. Yes, he was still but a child when he last saw the hafling from afar, with the mechanoid beside him, but he didn't expect the kind of deterioration that the thing had undergone; it was clear that not received any form of maintenance for quite some time.

But why?

He did not see the hafling to be someone who would disregard the state of his creations. If nothing else, he knew he treasured his work more than anything else. But why this? What happened?

As he pondered on such things, he failed to notice how long it has been since the mechanoid disappeared into the backdoor to call for his master, and when he the sound of someone approaching alerted him, he simply stood up for his greeting.

What greeted him next he half expected based on his conjectures from what he saw there and from the letter, but still managed to illicit a sense of shock. Sitting in the strange device, peppered with countless tubes, was nothing but the shadow of the Master he once looked up to. In fact, he could not even recognize him from looks alone. And were it not for the Golden Throne, something only the likes of Jarold Luvingtzer could manage to complete, the fact that the corpse lying there and the image of the formidable hero in his memory were one and the same would be hard to swallow.

"Are...are you really the Jarold Luvingtzer? What the hell happened?" was all that came out from his mouth.

white rider
2012-10-30, 08:15 AM
Burner looks calmly at the body in front of him. "I assume that traditional divine healing is futile?"

Lateral
2012-10-30, 12:11 PM
Lyla scrutinizes the grotesque body before them. "No... no, it wouldn't. Wherever these wounds came from, they are far too devastating for traditional healing. Still, traditional resurrection is cheap enough for one such as yourself, so something about these... injuries... must be preventing it. Therefore, I believe this man's question-" she indicates towards Uriah- "is appropriate: Dr. Luvitzinger, what the hell happened? I mean, it's been a long time, but last I saw you were the picture of health."

I've decided that, about twenty years ago, Lyla "borrowed" (read: stole, then returned) a powerful gramaric device, and she got caught returning it. Instead of trying to turn her in, Dr. Luvitzinger hired her to steal another device for him.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-30, 02:14 PM
Maya simply stares at the man, the throne was quite impressive, but the man himself was little more than a horrifying undead creature. And to hear that this was the man Lyla knew was shocking to say the least. She'd never had the chance to meet him before he vanished, but she had seen his work as it grew, so this was quite a shock to the system, so to speak.

The Shadowmind
2012-11-01, 01:32 PM
Incomplete match, closest match found Jarold Luvingtzer, 54%. You are likely the one who visited the Professor's lab after the indicent. Location of his body still unknown.
Diana thinks Wouldn't the path of lichdom be a more efficient option than trying to keep a fleshsack alive.

white rider
2012-11-01, 02:18 PM
Burner thinks rapidly, gears churning. "And what, exactly, put you in this condition? And why have you gathered us?"

jojolagger
2012-11-01, 06:06 PM
Skipping the other questions, Dallun asks the most important one: "What needs to be done?" Likely startling or worrying those who have failed to notice him (everyone).

white rider
2012-11-01, 06:24 PM
Burner shows no surprise, but he immediately swivels and points his fist at Dallun. In a low monotone, he growls, "You have five seconds to identify yourself, or die."

Lateral
2012-11-01, 08:36 PM
Lyla motions to Burner. "Stand down." She then turns to Dallun. "Greetings, elder one. Andrascehaphlseharia m'drasmoheimednui."

Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]. That ought to easily be sufficient to identify Dallun.

Knowledge (Local) and Knowledge (Planes) about the Court. Ditto.
[roll1]
[roll2]

Let's just pretend that what Lyla just said is a polite, if antiquated, Sylvan greeting.

EDIT: Wow, two ones and a four. Good thing a 30 is extremely obscure knowledge anyway.

jojolagger
2012-11-01, 09:32 PM
"Hiadanialfeul melkuandaur, Young One. It's refreshing to meet one who speaks the old tongue." Replies Dallun, Calmly gliding out of the path of Burner's fist.

white rider
2012-11-03, 04:26 PM
Burner, still expressionless, slowly lowers his hand.

BelGareth
2012-11-04, 10:21 PM
The cursor flahses for a moment, as if the creature before was thinking, if the skeleton in the throne had anyway of showing emotion, it was apparently gone from him.

█This▄is reall▐▌me.

I░am...Sorry,¢that░this£was░hidden¼from█someÅof¥yo u.

IùhadεintendedΩnot■to°endΘup¬like⌠this\]

It blinks again, as if in thought....and a sereis of tones and pitches plays, slowly but building up speed.

[Loading Batch File]πΣ°ñ▓│▒....never become a liche, lichdom was out of my knowledge anyway, this way I can...do other things.

As for why, well that is simple, I was exposed to a lethal does of radiation laced with a complex chain of radial Eldritechnical gestalt acids, a series of bioengineered mechanoids delivered the payload....it was all rather well planned.

But it was at the least, entirely fatal.

This was my only option.

As for why I bought you here, something has recently alerted me of an extreme circumstance, you all are the only ones I am aware of that can help.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-05, 01:04 AM
Uriah

"Extreme circumstance, you say? Well, if it concerns even someone like you who's been out of the picture for quite a while, then it must be something. What is it?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-05, 12:28 PM
Maya closes her eyes a moment, "I'm a little skeptical about this," she says, openning her now glowing eyes, "we don't even know if you are who you say you are or if your not someone accessing this thing from an outside hub in order to get us to do whatever task they have planned," she says, "forgive me if I'm being rude, but I've seen this before, I've lived long enough to know that you can't take everything at face value. I'd like some kind of proof that you are Jarold Luvingtzer and not just a corpse attached to a heuristic circuit with someone in the background controlling this thing."

white rider
2012-11-05, 09:48 PM
"Attempted assassination. Is there a possibility that the assassins do not believe you dead? I would have bombed your house just to make sure- mages are tricky to kill, and more so to keep dead- so either the assassins are cocky, you aren't telling the truth... or a secondary attack could be imminent."
As Burner speaks, a massive firearm pops up from his shoulder and swivels around to face the door.

BelGareth
2012-11-08, 12:37 PM
If I could, I would smile.

This is exactly why I invited you all here, I can see no way of proving that I am actual who I am.

You will either have to trust me, or discard what I have to say, either way, it is up to you to decide your actions.

I have been here for a long time, and in that time, I have integrated with the Hueristic system that spiderwebs throughout the city.

The screen fades a for a second.

Actually, I take that back, let me see.

The cursor blinks, and you find yourself waiting for what seems like a few minutes, but feels much longer. And then all of a sudden all power in the city shuts off, you hear the power down cycle of the turbines, and the lights outside flickering, and then guttering as the Eldritch power struggles to maintain the city alone, and, ultimately failing, dropping the city into silent darkness.

The screen is the only thing in the room illuminating you all, a green pallor, which flashes brighter every few seconds as the cursor keeps on blinking.

How long would you like the power down?

With that the power surges through the city, lights pop back on and the turbines come back with a vengeance. In your lifetime, the city has never had a blackout, ever.

So, do you believe me now? Either I am some crazed genius Gramarist who is controlling this body from a remote location who managed to power down the entire city, or I am Jarold Luvingtzer, who has been living inside the Heuristics for years.

The cursor does not wait for you to respond and continues on spewing out more characters.

Something is terribly wrong with the Magaocracy that rules, I have been hearing whispered rumors of a bomb for months, but saw nothing to back those rumors up. Until now, several secret shipments of Sunmetal. Not just a few bars, but several hundred pounds worth. I don't need to tell you what that is capable of doing. The last time such a thing happened the Isle of Sorrow came to be.

Several pumps stutter to a stop on the other side of the Throne, steam gushes out of a portal, and green liquid seeps from a tube, the cursor disappears for a moment, and then the steam dies down, a high pitched tone starts. The butler stumbles forth and presses down on the pump, initiating its cycle again, the pitch stops and the cursor starts to blink again.

Sorry about that, darned thing is on it's last legs. I have bought you all here, to see what is going on, investigate the shipments, what its for and why. Something does not add up, and I fear it is the worst kind of answer.

I will of course provide ample reward, I have at my disposal, several Blueprints and substances that may come in handy, to folks of your dispensation.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-08, 02:09 PM
Uriah

The young man chuckled.

"Well, if someone is capable of controlling you from the shadows, I doubt any of us here can do anything much to prove its veracity or otherwise. For Pete's sake, turn the damn city back on."

Reading the rest of what the legendary Eldratechnician had to say, his eyebrows distorted as he frowned. After he finished reading all of it, he replied.

"So you're saying you have suspicions that the Magocracy is up to no good, and you need us to investigate them?"

He was sure he got the message, but he wanted to be sure about it, and what that implied, to be true.

More like he wished for it.

Lateral
2012-11-08, 05:14 PM
"S...several hundred tons? Really?" Lyla's brow furrows.

"Oh, ye gods. With that kind of firepower, the magocrats could destroy the entire planet. If what you're saying is true..."

Lyla turns to Maia and Burner. "If what he says is true, it doesn't matter if this is the Jarold I knew. Besides, Maia, you never met the man- life extension and plugging himself into the entire city? Sounds like something the old bastard would do." She turns to the rest. "I hope I don't have to tell you all that none of this can ever leave this room. That should be obvious." And, to Jarold: "You really shouldn't have done that. Turning off all of the city's power? You really think that the magocrats won't notice?"

You know, come to think of it, any of the major governments could easily and cheaply create vast amounts of sunmetal themselves. This campaign world is set at such a high character level that the ruling class would easily have access to doctorate principles. Why, exactly, hasn't there been a radiomantic apocalypse in this world yet?

jojolagger
2012-11-08, 07:17 PM
"I'm going to say our first priority is finding wherever the sunmetal is being stored and making sure we are safe short term. After that, we'll want to find out the why." Remarks the fae, smiling to himself about something. Probably the half-dead man turning off the city on a whim.

Lateral
2012-11-08, 07:38 PM
"Yes, you're right, elder one. Our first priority, of course, should be to take care of the actual material." Ilana frowns. "But I notice you using the word 'our.' Frankly, just the fact that Jarold saw fit to call us all together doesn't mean we're suddenly a team. Hell, I don't even know most of your names, much less whether I can trust you."

"...Perhaps we should begin with introductions."

white rider
2012-11-08, 11:00 PM
Burner, again, shows no surprise at the city powering down, but at the mention of the sunmetal, Burner pauses, and an audible whirring sound is heard from his gears. "The last time I can remember so much sunmetal being gathered together was by the arcanopaths in the campaign against the brightlord. It... did not end well."
OOC: Nobody has any idea what I am talking about, except for perhaps Jarold. Period. It's part of my background.

The Shadowmind
2012-11-09, 04:49 PM
I though it was tradition for those who suggest introductions, be the ones to start them. You creatures of flesh confuse me sometimes. I am Diana Blue Moon, the final creation of a former student of Jarold's. The student was a old warforged who took up the title "The Professor" before he meet his untimely demises at the hand of elf zealots.

While I have a high probability of surviving such at attack, the potential for rewards intrigues me. You probably think me selfish, you would be right.

jojolagger
2012-11-09, 07:32 PM
"While among the younger races I go by Dallun. As a member of the Fae courts, I'm expected to help protect nature, and I'm fairly sure that this much sunmetal counts as a threat."

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-09, 07:47 PM
"Very much so," Maya says, eyeing the fey, "a cubic foot is able to level this level of the tower, and more, the amount you're talking about... it would be worse than anything seen to date..." she shakes her head, "I'm Maya Lupei, by the way, I specialize in Heuristics and I'm an adept fighter as well."

Lateral
2012-11-09, 08:01 PM
Lyla glances at Maya, then steps forward. "My name is Lyla Allontar, and this is my lieutenant Burner." Here, of course, she indicates towards Burner. "Some of you may have heard of me, others perhaps not- in any case, I would prefer you all to refer to me as 'Lana' for the time being, as I would rather the authorities were unaware of my presence. I have had certain... encounters... with some of the wealthier magocrats in the past, and it would be best if they remained unaware of my presence."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-10, 12:20 AM
Uriah

"Hah. Granted what we're about to do, we should do well to have the Magocracy unaware of our presence."

"Name's Uriah, if anyone's interested to know."

BelGareth
2012-11-15, 04:49 AM
The screen merely blinks slowly and methodically as you introduce yourselves to each other. You could almost feel the corpse/interred body smile as you do so, sending shivers up your spine and goose pimples over your flesh.

After you all done, the screen flashes again, another message from the undead master of tech.

"There are several areas that are hiding the sunmetal, I have seen crates being incorrectly marked in the shipping yard by the Yozaki Coorporation, a spike of sunmetal poisoning in the Scuttle quarters, the Thur Guardians have recently moved a load of what was supposedly medical supplies to the higher living quarters among the Nobilatas layer and finally the Ubiquitas Pirates, they have been bringing in too many crates of manure that is not manure."

K.Local(s)

Yozaki Coorporation

15 or <
The Yozaki are a cruel and vicious syndicate, they are the gangsters of the leaning tower and hold a lot of power in its underworld.

20 or <
The Yozaki are known to have a heavy presence in the Nobilatas and even may have a member on the Magoacracy board.

25 or <
They run several layers, and can boast some extremely powerful agents. The average power of their grunts are capable and not to be taken lightly.

Saiko-Komon, is a lieutenant in charge of the 'goods' transportation.
Wakagishara, is a lieutenant in charge of 'enforcement'.
Shateigishara, is a lieutenant in charge of 'acquiring'.
Oyabun is the Leader of the Yozaki.

30 or <
The the coorporation, for that is what it truly is, is setup with thousands of fronts thoughout several cities, but their largest presence is felt in the Leaning tower, where they boast their HQ and where Oyabun resides his council. Oyabun is rumored to be a legendary adept of peerless mastery.

Scuttle quarters

15 or <
A downtrodden layer of the tower, where the poor and misfortunate go to die and live in squalor.

20 or <
The layer is the closest to the sea turbines and shows up a lot of infectious disease, as such the Thur Guardians maintain a manned gate, controlling flow into and out of the layer.

25 or <
Sunmetal poisoning or radiation fever, is caused by close proximity to sunmetal, a proximity that no one in the Scuttle quarters should ever have, unless it's lying around or in the drinking water. Either it has polluted the water system or the residents are being exposed to it in some other way. Either way, the sickness has been covered up with the 'it's the Scuttle quarter' saying.

Nobilatas layer

15 or <
One of the highest layers of the tower, 2nd only to the Magoacracies layer. The wealthy merchant and Noble houses live here.

20 or <
The barracks to the Thur Guardians lies just below this level, taking up the entire floor. It is rumored to have strange and wonderful Gramaric weapons capable of destroying and defending the city.

25 or <
The Guardians also have several well defended warehouses capable of storing highly volatile substances.

Ubiquitas Pirates

15 or <
The Ubiquitas Pirates are a merchant company that have strong ties to a military organization placed at the heart of 'The Forges of War'. Many Warforged come from their ships to all the cities of the realm, and many man their battle barges protecting their wares.

20 or <
They have several powerful merchant sub houses that reside in the Nobilatas layer, allowing them powerful connections and immense leeway in avoiding laws and tarrifs alike.

25 or <
They are rumored to be able to stand up to the Thur Guardians in terms of sheer fire power. Of course, they never would, where would be the profit in that?

The scion of the sub-house Thylanth is A great Halfling trader called Jinks troublehands, probably the most silver tongued devil in existence, he'll barter your pants right off you without you knowing. At least, thats what the working girls always say.

Please roll separately for each check.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-17, 04:08 AM
Uriah

"I've heard about the Yozaki. They seem to have a huge presence in the Nobilatas. Maybe they're up to something with the Thur Guardians. Maybe they're the ones doing all the moving for them," he wondered.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-19, 11:17 PM
Maya nods, "which do you think we should look into first?" she asks, aiming the question more to Lyla and Burner than anyone else.

Lateral
2012-11-19, 11:43 PM
"Hmm. Well, any strikes we make will have to be nearly simultaneous- odds are, the magocrats are heavily monitoring all sunmetal depots. The first thing that we should do is investigate those areas, find out more about the warehouses and their defenses. Quietly, so the magocrats don't find out what we're doing until we strike. After that, based on the information we collect, we can formulate a plan of attack. Lyla turns to Jarold. "What else can you give us that might help?"

GuyFawkes
2012-11-20, 12:50 AM
Uriah

"Hmm. I agree. Investigate with caution is a good place to start."

BelGareth
2012-11-21, 03:51 AM
The screen blinks as the machine-man-thing thinks.

I would suggest investigating the Ubiquitas Pirates, they have resources that reach far and wide, and I fear this goes beyond this simple tower. There is a barge leaving this afternoon, packed with 'goods' heading to the Tower of Threw, but I happen to know it leads to the Star Tower. Getting on board will give you access to that strange place. I fear they are involved with this also, how, I am not sure.

Go now, the Disturbed Golem leaves this afternoon at 1800, I do believe their crew frequents the Rusty Pipe.

white rider
2012-11-21, 10:17 PM
"And what of payment?"

Lateral
2012-11-21, 11:12 PM
Lyla sighs at her ally's blunt manner. "Sorry, Jarold, he's right, we have to know the payment first. SOP, you know?"

The Shadowmind
2012-11-26, 04:38 PM
Star Tower you say? If that place is involved in this, my personal stake in this mission has increased. Once we have decided on which targets to focus one, I should be able to provide decent reconnaissance. I am a shapechanger so being unnoticed is typically easy.

GuyFawkes
2012-11-26, 10:17 PM
Uriah

Star Tower? That's interesting. I could use a free lift...

Is the Rusty Pipe well known? If not,

Local: [roll0]

BelGareth
2012-11-28, 04:52 PM
The screen blinks again.

I have several advanced techniques at my disposal, I can teach a doctorate to those who wish it, to the others, I offer 1000 plat pieces.

Is this enough?

white rider
2012-11-28, 09:39 PM
"I will take the platinum, although I will want a larg portion in advance."

Lateral
2012-11-28, 10:53 PM
Lyla smiles. "A bit low for a job this big, but seeing as we're friends and I don't really want to see a second Sorrowing, I'll take the platinum. Given what we're about to try to do, though, I think I'd like it in advance."

GuyFawkes
2012-11-28, 10:54 PM
Uriah

"Hah. I've no use for those gramarie crap. I'll be taking the money, thank you. But I don't take payment in advance, so hold on to it," he said smugly.

"Let's get moving. We have no time," he said before moving outside to wait.

BelGareth
2012-11-30, 03:57 AM
Before Uriah leaves the screen blinks one more time.

Very well then, I new that reward would not suffice. I happen to know the location of the Forge Nexus, I don't think I need to tell you what things it can do. Will that suffice as payment.?

As the last letter appears on the screen, a drawer pops out of the death machine, inside is lined, neatly, rows of Square Plat pieces, the advance payment for those who want it. 500 pieces each.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-30, 02:13 PM
Maya perked up, "Interesting, I was part of an experiment to replicate the effects of the Forge," she says, "I would definitely be interested in seeing the real thing," this was something she only mentioned in passing, even to her closest friends, but this was one of those opportunities where it would come out eventually anyway. Lyla knew more than anyone else about it, but that was expected.

white rider
2012-11-30, 10:44 PM
"Done and done," Burner says, scooping up the money, before looking sharply at Maya.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-30, 11:23 PM
"Let's go, we should do this quickly," Maya says, as her eyes start to glow green slightly as she focuses, then dulls for a more level and paler glow before fading entirely away.

Gaining Psionic Focus and Subconscious Focus. With a +24 modifier, I get both Automatically, even if I roll a 1.

Applying the bonuses from Focused Mind to AC and Saves.

Lateral
2012-12-01, 01:21 AM
"All right. Given the nature of their mission, I doubt that the pirates would be particularly willing to take on passengers or accomodate stowaways, but if we get close to the ship without being seen I can 'port us inside the hold or something."

jojolagger
2012-12-01, 05:11 AM
Dallun will return to being damn near impossible to see, and flies above the group. "Well, do we get Lead Inputs first, or shall we just walk in?"

white rider
2012-12-01, 02:36 PM
"Give me a moment to prepare."
Casting protection from arrows, prying eyes ([roll0]), and mass mage armor for everyone.

Lateral
2012-12-01, 04:41 PM
"I don't think they'll be that useful- it's unlikely we'll actually need to handle the sunmetal. Even if we do, Burner and Diana are immune to radiomantic poisoning."

GuyFawkes
2012-12-01, 11:45 PM
Uriah

"It would be best if we handle things with discretion. Perhaps someone among you is good with words? Could provide us with free passage on the ship without the need for hiding."

BelGareth
2012-12-11, 03:26 AM
You leave the house in due course, some leaving together, others leaving as quietly and illusory as they entered, but all manage to make it to the docks where the Disturbed Golem is docked, nearby is the Rusty Pipe, an unsavory tavern to the always paid sailors and their kin.

The tavern is a simple design, a two story tubular building, coming inline with the rest of the towers architecture, that being whatever shape you can carve out of the stone.

The entrance is a huge round whole that goes straight down which is effected by an updraft of antigrav runnoff from the sea turbines from below, an intuitive usage of the side affects.

Landing gently into the tunnel entrance you have to then get past the guards, where weapons and bots are kept before patrons are allowed to enter.

The first floor is the quintessential drinking and dining room while the second tier is for whoring and reserved rooms for the 'special' patrons.

I'm assuming no one went in, all the above info is easily acquired from people on the wharf.

Also, I'm assuming you all where waiting on me, or has interest died?

Lateral
2012-12-11, 05:48 PM
I was waiting on you.
Lyla arrives, with Maya and Burner in tow. "All right, we're here. Everyone, stow your weapons." She then proceeds to stow her blades in her haversack, and the haversack, in turn, into an elastic semispace opening, which she then replaces inside of a hidden, lead-lined flap inside of a hidden pocket in her trousers.

No such thing as 'too paranoid.' :smallamused:

EdroGrimshell
2012-12-11, 06:27 PM
Maya smiles, "you know I don't carry weapons," she says, the light glow behind her eyes being the only indication that she's dangerous at all, "it's been a while since we've done something like this together, hasn't it?" she says, looking a little excited, which, for anyone that knew her, was on par with shaking in anticipation.

white rider
2012-12-11, 07:15 PM
Burner gives a silent nod. His massive gun folds backwards, vanishing into his backpack, while his scroll case slides into his arm.
Ready an action to counterspell

GuyFawkes
2012-12-11, 09:41 PM
Uriah

Uriah nodded and removed the towering sword on his back. He took his haversack and stowed the weapon inside. Hanging the haversack back on one shoulder, he looked at the others.

"Everyone good? Alright, let's go inside."

Lateral
2012-12-11, 09:58 PM
"All right. Remember, nobody tries to engage the pirates. If they know that someone knows what they're doing with the sunmetal, we'll never get on board. Gather intel before chit-chat, people."

As she speaks, Lyla's features shift and morph. By the time she is done speaking, she looks like a slightly tall, thin woman with bronze skin, a few small facial scars, and long, black hair bound in a ponytail, wearing grey traveller's clothes. From her pocket, she produces a small knife and sets it in a sheath on her hip. "This ought to fit in just fine, in a place like this. Remember, everyone, my name is "Lana."

The Shadowmind
2012-12-13, 09:23 AM
This is the most unassuming form I can think of at the moment, , as she suppresses the signs of a binder, and then shifts and compresses into the form of a Packmate*. No one ever suspects luggage.

Homunculus, Construct
Magic of Eberron, og 152-153

GuyFawkes
2012-12-13, 11:33 AM
Uriah

"Actually we don't have to go together. I'll just go do my own business, and back you up when things go south."

Uriah waited for the others to go before going in.

Lateral
2012-12-13, 07:34 PM
"Yes, that's probably a good idea. Diana, why don't you stay with Uriah and pretend to be his luggage? Put in a few trinkets to avoid suspicion, maybe."

Lyla turns to Burner and Maya, and smiles. "Shall we, then?"

white rider
2012-12-13, 08:44 PM
"As you wish, mistress. Here, let me take your bags."
Burner turns and strides behind the pair, emulating a servant.
(Still) readied action to counterspell

GuyFawkes
2012-12-13, 09:38 PM
Uriah

"Hehe, luggage. Funny ability. But handy. Here," he extended his arm to the trunk-like Diana.

BelGareth
2012-12-16, 02:56 AM
You move forward towards the inn and see the signs and the weapons locker as you enter the foyer, having none on your body makes the caretaker look at you all suspiciously but he says nothing, and merely spits on a blunderbuss and continues to shine the overdeveloped barrel. He was obviously flaunting it to the patrons of the inn. And possibly over compensating at the same time.

You move to the door in the antechamber and the doorman looks you all over, you feel his eyes scan you whole body and he huffs as he does so, unsure of what that actually means. He stops at Burner and sighs, as if he was dealing with moronic natives, or even a bunch of warforged.

"You'se aint havvin im in there, no clunkers allowed." he slams his fist on a sign that is barely readable, but as you squint, you can tell it reads:
"No Clunkas!"

Lateral
2012-12-16, 02:50 PM
Lyla grunts and turns to Burner. "Wot're ya waitin' for? Ya 'eard the man. Go on, scarper! Move those bloody 'uge-arse plates!"

Eeyup. She can do Cockney. :smallamused:

Also: ready an action to counterspell. Burner may not be able to come in with us, but those 6th-level spell slots have to be good for something.

white rider
2012-12-16, 04:33 PM
Burner nods, turning and walking out the door.

GuyFawkes
2012-12-16, 09:41 PM
Uriah

When everyone has entered, Uriah went in. He was surprised to see Burner coming out but made nothing out of it. When he saw the big sign, he cannot help but laugh and imagine how the whole thing went.

Looking for a table near a wall or a corner, he settled down and ordered for a few round of drinks. He heaved the treasure trunk that was Diana on the table top and waited.

Lateral
2012-12-16, 09:54 PM
After sending Burner out the door, Lyla walks in and goes straight to the alcohol. "Oi, barkeep. Two boilermakers, over 'ere." She waves towards Maya. "Plus wha'ever she wants."

The Shadowmind
2012-12-18, 03:40 PM
Diana, the packmate with a Jester's hat on begin scanning the bar with Arcane sight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneSight.htm), and See Invisibility to figure out how dangerous the other patrons may be.

With 3 essentia in Andromalius, she can instantly know the location of any secret doors as with Detect Secret Doors (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectSecretDoors.htm).

Then will use Locate Object from Andromalius the find the nearest sunmetal with 1,000 feet.

All actions are (Su) so no one should notice anything.

Essentia amounts:

Andromalius:3 Max 4
Buer:0 Max 5
Silvertongue Mask:3
Vitality Belt:2
Impulse Boots:3

HP: 198/180
AC: 18 FF:18 Touch: 11
Passive Buffs:Small Size, Arcane Sight, See invisibility, Fast Healing 2, Delay Disease and Poison aura, Detect Secret Doors, Always notice if anyone tried to Sleight of hand to take something from you, Uncanny Dodge.
Misc:3d6 sneak attack. Track

BelGareth
2012-12-28, 04:18 AM
Everyone -

As Burner moves to abide his commands, the rest of you walk through the portal of the tavern, and literally that is what you do. The door is round like a port hole from a large ship, reminiscent of a tanker.

Pushing your way through, you manage to find a table and haul the Diana-chest up onto it. You hear several loud conversations among the patrons of the bar, all seemingly not connected at all.

"An THEN, she dropped his draws and was like 'oy my, what do we ave ere!', and what did he say? well, I'll tell YA! That damned rat bastard turned every shade of red and with a single tear rolling down his purtty cheek he said "My ma said not to name, but I call it Ole'Captain!...." * uproarious laughter*

"Well, he said it was only going to cost 10 gold pieces, damned bastard sold me out and the moron was asking double the cost! cann you believe it, stupid mudd runner, he proly took half the profit he made offa me!...."

"Well, I said'n, never yu mind where I'b goin, likley to see some pointy ear folks if'n you know wahts gud fur ya! He was a mess tho, couldn'a even walks traight, capn took him anywayz, not meny o'men who volunteer for a job like that!..."

"damned dirty ass tavern, this place stinks!"

"Oh shut up!, you always complainin bout where we are! Yu never complain when we're in that fancy place, o'er the pond in dem those segregationals...or somesuch....*hiccup*...er whatever....screw you!..."

"She was THIS big! I tells ya, never ad a pair a size o'them before, but GAH!, ran out'o money afore I could do much!..."

Diana -
You instantly detect several hidden doors, one trapdoor is in the center of the room, underneath the main carpet. Another is a smallish trapdoor behind the counter, and another is a hidden door in the NW corner.

You see an invisible humanoid standing guard next to the bar, surveying the room. His eyes pass over your form and carry on, you are unsure whether or not he saw through your guise.

http://www.rolando20.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/devil.gif

You also see an invisibletiny woman with a maniacl grin bobbing over the crowd, moving around and listening to everyone talking.

http://www.aetolia.com/sites/aetolia.com/files/images/2012/07/ImpBloodborn.png

You detect dozens of trace amounts of sunmetal all over everyone in the bar and a large amount 200 feet outside the tavern, it is moving slow and steady.

Burner -
Waiting outside the tavern you see several a cart laden with what seems is something extremely heavy, the robotic mule hauling the wagon stutters and the cart saddles sideways dropping a box onto the road spilling some of the contents. Several folk scatter to repack the substance, even those who were not walking with the cart, vendors and even some from their homes. You are unsure, but you think they are scrabbling to repack the box with sunmetal.

white rider
2012-12-28, 11:43 AM
Burner pulls out a piece of wood and begins to carve it, while studying the cart intently. At the same time, he directs six of his prying eyes to follow the cart. When the cart starts to move again, he pulls out a scroll, sending a message to Lyla.
"Cart of sunmetal outside. Pursue?"

Lateral
2012-12-28, 11:22 PM
"Affirmative, but do it silently. Keep your distance. We don't want an incident, now."

In the bar, "Lana" knocks back a drink and leans back in her chair, listening in on the conversations and checking out the room a bit. Seeing the two invisible creatures, she gives the big one a small nod and the small one a mock salute. She then nonchalantly rummages around in her inside pocket and produces her guitar, and then begins to noodle around a little bit on it.

Belgareth, given the invisible creatures, now seems like the time to remind you that Lyla has blindsight.

Knowledges (to ID the invisible ones:)
[roll0] (big one) ---> Another one? Seriously? That makes three. Fortunately, a 30 should be plenty.
[roll1] (small one)

And, perform check, just for the hell of it:
[roll2]

white rider
2012-12-30, 10:22 AM
As the cart begins to trundle out of view, Burner stands up. Pulling a scroll from his case, he reads a few lines and vanishes from view. Now invisible, he casts dimension door, reappearing about fifteen feet from the cart.
Hp: 116/116
AC:31 ff: 31 touch:12
effects: invisible, greater mage armor, gm vestment (x2)
misc stuff: scorching gaze graft: 1d6 fire gaze attack, 2 wands of orb of force (in arm), lots and lots of scrolls

GuyFawkes
2013-01-02, 05:34 AM
Uriah

While waiting for his drink, Uriah slowly focused his mana unto his eyes and looked around nonchalantly, smiling at those who looked his way, and noting those that seemed out of place. He also opened his ears to the chatter of the place, and the mention of pointy ears caught his attention. He continued looking around, but his ears focused on that particular conversation.

Cast Clarity: +7 insight to spot, gain See Invisibility
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Quick Stats

HP: 124/124
AC: 30 ff: 26 touch: 26
Effects:
Clarity: +7 insight to spot, See Invisibility
Mana Armor: +4 armor AC
Mana Guard: +3 insight to all saves
Misc stuff:
Evasion
Improved Uncanny Dodge
1/day reroll failed save
Mana: 26/31

BelGareth
2013-01-07, 12:06 AM
The Tavern -
Lyla pulls out her guitar and strums it experimentally, making sure it was still tuned.

Listening for a moment, she nods, happy with what she hears.

Taking a step forward she moves directly into a power ballad, several heads turn to her with semi surprised open mouths and others smile as the awesome music reaches their ears.

Launching fully into the song others turn to regard you, staying sited where they were, but nursing their drink while watching, others move closer to see you play. Your awesome style and sound betraying their better sense to remain where they were, keeping their secrecy.

A full quarter of the tavern has moved or is actively watching you as you move into the middle of the song, thrumming the strings with the energy of a rock star.

You Id both creatures, large one is a bearded devil and the smaller one is an Imp.

Burner -
You manage to complete the scroll with little hassle and reappear the cart as it trundles along the road to an unknown destination.

Are you following it all the way, or just watching it? or..something else?

white rider
2013-01-07, 03:24 PM
Burner -
You manage to complete the scroll with little hassle and reappear the cart as it trundles along the road to an unknown destination.

Are you following it all the way, or just watching it? or..something else?

Burner carefully trails the cart, watching and tailing it to wherever it is going.

BelGareth
2013-01-11, 02:12 AM
As you all watch the a large portion of the tavern move to watch the performance, those of you who can see the invisible spectrum see the devils look concerned.

The Bearded Devil moving over to look at 'Lana' more closely, as he does so, he motions to the Imp who swiftly disappears in a puff of oily smoke and a tiny lightning bolt.

Burner manages to watch and follow the cart for several minutes, until you realize its heading to the Warehouse district, it has barely entered it, but seems to be going unhindered, even though you have passed several Thur Guardian patrols.

white rider
2013-01-15, 03:46 PM
Doing his best to remain stealthy, Burner follows the cart.
Where could the thing be getting too?

GuyFawkes
2013-01-16, 12:30 PM
Uriah

Seeing the devils stir, Uriah began to pay close attention to them while trying not to be too obvious. He slowly began to push his chair back to give him room to react should anything happen. And then he waited.