PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle in March (the newest in SouthEast Trogland meet-ups!)

Diva De
2012-10-26, 02:56 PM
So Gryffon and I live at the beach. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, to be exact. And we like it here. Playgrounders who attended our Bacon Day celebration enjoyed it also. And since once a year is simply not enough, we (along with SirSix) have decided to open our hometown to Playground shenanigans!

We are still working on details, but aside from the mandatory gaming, we will possibly go to Pirates' Voyage (http://flash.piratesvoyage.com/), a dinner and show venue about...pirates, Putt-Putt (or mini golf), the boardwalk and beach-type stuff, etc.

Tentative dates: March 8-10, 2013
Details to come!

Games:
A Touch of Evil (with all expansions)
Fortune and Glory
Last Night on Earth
Invasion From Outer Space
Miskatonic School for Girls
Munchkin (fantasy, pirates, and Cthulu)
Curses
Cash n Guns Live! (just saying)
Mad Scientist University
Why Did the Chicken...?
Kubb
SmashUp
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
Dungeon!

We also have our friend who runs the local board game night, and I think he can get just ABOUT anything we want. :smallbiggrin:

GOING
Diva De
Gryffon
SirSix
Reinholdt
Smellie Hippie
Mountain Faerie
Zeb
Alarra
Krade

MAYBE
Monkey Business
Archonic Energy
Kris Strife
Recaiden
Pheehelm
Kyrian

WISH I COULD BUT CAN'T
KuReshtin
Haruki Kun
Philistine
ForzaFiori
LexKat

Alarra
2012-10-26, 03:17 PM
We'll 'hopefully' be able to come to this.

MonkeyBusiness
2012-10-26, 07:47 PM
Put me down for a maybe. I'd love to see everyone again.

Kyrian
2012-10-27, 01:00 PM
Put me down on the "Requires being stolen" category please :D

Diva De
2012-10-28, 04:04 PM
By the way, we can likely offer (between us and Sir Six) accommodations for anyone who wants to come, so long as you don't mind fold-out couches and/or air mattresses. If that helps. :smallbiggrin:

Philistine
2012-10-28, 05:51 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Alarra
2012-10-28, 06:55 PM
If we can come, we will need to take you up on that accommodations offer. Though we'll have to look because we have to go to Canada in April.

Recaiden
2012-10-28, 09:42 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Agreed, although the location is quite a distance away.

TSGames
2012-10-29, 04:53 AM
I can't promise anything right now, but it sounds interesting.

KuReshtin
2012-10-29, 06:30 AM
I've been to Myrtle Beach once.
Bought a T-shirt at Planet Hollywood and hard Rock Cafe.
Tried to get to Medieval Times restaurant, but didn't make it.

This information has nothing to do with the thread in question.

I would love to make it, but alas, times are tough and I will be out of a job in late November, so odds on me being able to make it aren't too good. :smallfrown:

Archonic Energy
2012-10-30, 02:52 PM
...my birthday in the states...
it's doable...
:smallconfused:

I'll have to see... I may aim for the JC meet though.

Haruki-kun
2012-10-30, 03:16 PM
Very unlikely to make it, sorry. =/ It's in the middle of the semester, and right before Spring break, for which I already have some plans...

Kris Strife
2012-10-30, 05:16 PM
I might be able to show, depending on how things are going with school.

Diva De
2012-10-31, 04:39 PM
...my birthday in the states...
it's doable...
:smallconfused:

I'll have to see... I may aim for the JC meet though.

As much fun as we are, Archie, I would honestly save the trip for JC if you can swing it. There will be a bigger group there.

We know it's a long trip for folks, and will do what we cant o help everyone get here who wants to be here and promises to be awesome. :smallbiggrin:

There MAY even be some homemade, continentally-famous lasagna to be had.

KuReshtin
2012-11-01, 06:58 AM
There MAY even be some homemade, continentally-famous lasagna to be had.

Oh, yeah, that's right.. You claim to make a pretty decent lasagna.
Didn't we have a lasagna-off planned for when the opportunity presents itself?

smellie_hippie
2012-11-01, 07:48 AM
Odds are good that we might be able to make this trip. I have to hold back from definitive plans because of Faerie's grad schedule.

Also, please refrain from the over-ego-stroking of the JC meet-up. It's just some games and a nice cook-out. :smallamused:

Pheehelm
2012-11-01, 07:50 AM
Myrtle Beach is...see what Google maps says.........two hours away from me.

...I might have to try for this one. File me under maybe.

Mountain_Faerie
2012-11-01, 12:44 PM
Odds are good that we might be able to make this trip. I have to hold back from definitive plans because of Faerie's grad schedule.

Also, please refrain from the over-ego-stroking of the JC meet-up. It's just some games and a nice cook-out. :smallamused:

Hippie's right. We definitely want to be there. Right now we are discussing crazy things like me quitting my job to focus on school if I can get a GA position. It will free up some of my time so we can do things, but cut my income in half so we can't do things. We'll let you know for sure closer to the time. For now, keep your fingers crossed that we can magically make everything work out the way it needs to. :smallsmile:

Diva De
2012-11-02, 06:09 PM
Hippie's right. We definitely want to be there. Right now we are discussing crazy things like me quitting my job to focus on school if I can get a GA position. It will free up some of my time so we can do things, but cut my income in half so we can't do things. We'll let you know for sure closer to the time. For now, keep your fingers crossed that we can magically make everything work out the way it needs to. :smallsmile:

I know what you mean, I am kinda going the opposite way. Working MORE hours means more money, but LESS time to do stuff I want. Priorities - that's where it's at.

For example, Gryf and I KNOW we will be going to JC and DragonCon in 2013. We would LIKE to go to Baltimore again, and maybe GenCon. But our priorities are those 2 outings. You just do what you can. And know that if we can help with anything (like a free place to stay!), we are more than willing! Also, home-cooked meals can be provided - Gryf and SirSix both LOVE to cook.

Lex-Kat
2012-11-02, 08:51 PM
I'd be willing to go to Myrtle Beach again. That's in North Carolina, right? :smallconfused: I'll see how my finances fair after the 9th of January. :smallsmile:

Kyrian
2012-11-02, 11:48 PM
So the good news, I got promoted to Assistant Manager, so I'm making more money, which means I might be able to actually make a meetup!

The bad news is, companies apparently still expect me to pay bills, so there's that.

I'm trying though. :D

Diva De
2012-11-03, 07:53 AM
I'd be willing to go to Myrtle Beach again. That's in North Carolina, right? :smallconfused: I'll see how my finances fair after the 9th of January. :smallsmile:

South Carolina, but only BARELY past NC. Would love to see you again!

Krade
2012-11-03, 11:49 AM
I'm a definite probably (though I see you already knew that:smalltongue:).

I wasn't planning on taking a Spring trip this year, but then this happened. I want to go, and unless some unforeseen catastrophe occurs, my finances will probably allow it.

MonkeyBusiness
2012-11-03, 12:23 PM
Porbably? Book! :smallbiggrin:

(Sounds like the Swedish Chef has invaded this thread! Tim du driv du dee meeterp im moortly boortly! Hookey dookey?)

Krade
2012-11-03, 12:47 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about:smalltongue:

<.<

>.>

*flees*

Diva De
2012-11-03, 03:34 PM
Porbably? Book! :smallbiggrin:

(Sounds like the Swedish Chef has invaded this thread! Tim du driv du dee meeterp im moortly boortly! Hookey dookey?)

Oh, Monkey. I love you even more now.

Lex-Kat
2012-11-03, 04:08 PM
Also, I'd be willing to split a room with people if I can go. Last year, I got a really nice suite that had three beds, two bedrooms (each with its own bathroom), a kitchen, and living room. Really nice. :smallsmile: But this year, if I go, I'll be flying. No more driving that far. And the last few miles to the Beach are hell-o-traffic. :smallannoyed:

Lex-Kat
2012-11-07, 02:14 PM
Update: I can get a four bedroom Cottage at "Wyndham at the Cottages", which is at:
403 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (in case anyone wishes to check the place out).

Now, you may wonder, how much will this cost us? Well, that depends on how many people wish to join me there. But I was thinking $100 to $200 for each room, for the whole stay? :smallconfused:

I do have other options, as there are plenty of nice hotels and suites owned by Wyndham near Myrtle Beach, and I just happen to be a member with them. :smallsmile:

Krade
2012-11-07, 06:49 PM
I would totally be down for that, Lex. That actually sounds pretty cool.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-08, 12:23 PM
I might be able to come. Myrtle's not that far from Clemson. I won't know for sure until closer to March though.

Diva De
2012-11-08, 04:20 PM
Update: I can get a four bedroom Cottage at "Wyndham at the Cottages", which is at:
403 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (in case anyone wishes to check the place out).

Now, you may wonder, how much will this cost us? Well, that depends on how many people wish to join me there. But I was thinking $100 to $200 for each room, for the whole stay? :smallconfused:

I do have other options, as there are plenty of nice hotels and suites owned by Wyndham near Myrtle Beach, and I just happen to be a member with them. :smallsmile:

Pros and cons on this location? It's about 20-25 miles from my house. BUT it is super easy to get there, and there is a nice highway (Hwy 31) that takes you straight there that you can use to bypass all the beach traffic, if you so desire. It is also far enough north that you will miss most of the crazy traffic and busy areas, but it's certainly an easy drive to wherever you wanna go. Plus there is a big Wal-Mart nearby, and a factory outlet mall. And tons of restaurants.

I once read something that said if you ate dinner in a different restaurant in Myrtle every night, it would be something like 3-4 years before you had to repeat. We like food. :smallbiggrin:

Also, dates are flexible! I was trying to avoid possible Spring Breaks for kiddies, and Easter at the end of the month. So if there is a general consensus that another weekend would be better, we can certainly adjust. :smallsmile:

mangosta71
2012-11-08, 04:24 PM
Hmm, March 8-10 is a Saturday-Monday... I'll have to see if I can spare vacation time for this without losing the JC/DC trips.

Diva De
2012-11-09, 04:14 PM
Hmm, March 8-10 is a Saturday-Monday... I'll have to see if I can spare vacation time for this without losing the JC/DC trips.

That's a big negative, Ghostrider. March 8-10, 2013 is a Friday-Sunday. :smallbiggrin:

Kyrian
2012-11-09, 08:51 PM
Switch me to a Maybe please :D

Lex-Kat
2012-11-09, 09:27 PM
Can I start a new category of Very Likely, and be the first in it? :smallsmile:

Krade
2012-11-09, 11:59 PM
I just checked and I will be getting paid 3 times in March. My favorite kind of month and it only happens twice a year.

So I guess I could also be put into the "Very Likely" column with Lex should such a column spontaneously spring into existence not unlike a Medieval maggot.

Lex-Kat
2012-11-10, 11:58 AM
Um, eewwww. :smallyuk:

Krade
2012-11-11, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I guess that was a little gross.

Diva De
2012-11-15, 07:33 PM
Krade killed the thread.

MOVING ON!

Diva De
2012-11-24, 10:43 AM
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Lex-Kat
2012-11-25, 11:50 AM
It was good. How was yours?

And on a related note:

Since I'm planning to fly, not drive, down I was wondering what games I should bring? Games available:

Battlestar Galactica w/ Exodus and Pegasus expansions
Crappy Birthday
Five Crowns
Hex Hex XL
Imaginiff
Munchkin
Poo
Quelf
Red Dragon Inn, 1-3 + Erin
Shootin's Ladders
a Touch of Evil w/ Something Wicked and the Coast expansions
Tsuro
Tsuro of the Seas
We Didn't Play Test This at All +

I know others who have traveled to Johnson City have most of these games, if not all. So I offer to bring a couple, in the case that those who do, either can't make it, or don't wish to bring them. :smallsmile:

Krade
2012-11-26, 04:25 PM
THE THREAD YET LIVES!!! arg WHITE text!!

IsaacTheHungry
2012-11-29, 12:15 AM
Put be down as a maybe. I want to come but I have no idea if I will be free and I won't know for a few months.

That said, if I am coming I will be driving down from the DC area. I will be able to bring up to 4 other people. I just might need a touch of gas money (like $10) per person. And yes I am willing to dive up as far as Baltimore to pickup and drop off people.

Note to Lex-Kat, if I am coming I am bringing my six versions of munchkin so you can strike that off your "should I bring this game" list. If I am coming

Diva De
2012-12-03, 09:50 PM
It was good. How was yours?

And on a related note:

Since I'm planning to fly, not drive, down I was wondering what games I should bring? Games available:

Battlestar Galactica w/ Exodus and Pegasus expansions
Crappy Birthday
Five Crowns
Hex Hex XL
Imaginiff
Munchkin
Poo
Quelf
Red Dragon Inn, 1-3 + Erin
Shootin's Ladders
a Touch of Evil w/ Something Wicked and the Coast expansions
Tsuro
Tsuro of the Seas
We Didn't Play Test This at All +

I know others who have traveled to Johnson City have most of these games, if not all. So I offer to bring a couple, in the case that those who do, either can't make it, or don't wish to bring them. :smallsmile:

Lexy, marked through the games you listed that we have. We have 3 varieties of Munchkin, so hopefully that will save you some packing space. I guess I should probably update the OP...

KuReshtin
2012-12-10, 06:30 PM
Apparently, Myrtle Beach has an air force base or something that has service for commercial flights as well.

Not saying that I checked up on prices to get to MB or anything. (I did.)
Just saying that that what it seems like.

Gryffon
2012-12-11, 11:25 AM
It used to have an Air Force base a long time ago. The base itself has been converted into shopping/housing.

There is also an airport. Most flights will go through Charlotte or Atlanta. There are direct flights from certain locations that come in. Usually through Spirit Airlines.

mangosta71
2012-12-11, 11:51 AM
Have the dates for this been nailed down?

KuReshtin
2012-12-13, 05:57 PM
It used to have an Air Force base a long time ago. The base itself has been converted into shopping/housing.

There is also an airport. Most flights will go through Charlotte or Atlanta. There are direct flights from certain locations that come in. Usually through Spirit Airlines.

Yep, seems all flights (all the ones I found, at least) to Myrtle Beach go through Atlanta.

Diva De
2012-12-14, 12:59 PM
Have the dates for this been nailed down?

I haven't heard any complaints about the dates we have, so we can go ahead and say the weekend of March 8-10 (that's a Friday to Sunday).

Krade
2012-12-17, 01:32 PM
I haven't heard any complaints about the dates we have, so we can go ahead and say the weekend of March 8-10 (that's a Friday to Sunday).

It looks like all (1) of my Greyhound schedule options have me arriving later in the day (Friday) than I'd like and then leaving earlier in the day (Sunday) than I'd like. It's a twenty hour trip via Greyhound and there are no early morning OR late night departure options for either way.

So unless I wanted to take two MORE days off work and do something dumb like arrive Thursday afternoon and not leave 'til early afternoon Monday, I'll only get to spend ~48 hours there:smallsigh:

Stupid Greyhound
Stupid Indianapolis for not having cheap flights
Stupid need to work

Lex-Kat
2012-12-17, 06:51 PM
:smalleek: 24 hours? Ouch, my buns hurt just thinking about it. I assume there are pit stops schuduled along the way.

Krade
2012-12-17, 07:22 PM
Eh. I used to do Indianapolis to Key West on a regular basis. That was closer to 40 hours.

This trip would be 19:50. With FOUR transfers. That is a lot, and likely the reason for the lack of departure time options.

Diva De
2012-12-18, 03:18 PM
It looks like all (1) of my Greyhound schedule options have me arriving later in the day (Friday) than I'd like and then leaving earlier in the day (Sunday) than I'd like. It's a twenty hour trip via Greyhound and there are no early morning OR late night departure options for either way.

So unless I wanted to take two MORE days off work and do something dumb like arrive Thursday afternoon and not leave 'til early afternoon Monday, I'll only get to spend ~48 hours there:smallsigh:

Stupid Greyhound
Stupid Indianapolis for not having cheap flights
Stupid need to work

You are certainly welcome to stay that long, if you like. Does Spirit Airlines fly into Indy? They are generally the cheapest direct flights available to MB.

Alternatively, does the bus go to somewhere closer to you? I'm sure the possibility exists to go to _________ and have a Playgrounder pick you up. I'm just not terribly familiar with the Greyhound system.

Krade
2012-12-19, 02:44 AM
You are certainly welcome to stay that long, if you like. Does Spirit Airlines fly into Indy? They are generally the cheapest direct flights available to MB. I believe I already said somewhere that Spirit wasn't really a viable option as they don't connect to Indianapolis and it isn't cheaper enough to deal with the hassle of bussing to Chicago and flying from there.

Alternatively, does the bus go to somewhere closer to you? I'm sure the possibility exists to go to _________ and have a Playgrounder pick you up. I'm just not terribly familiar with the Greyhound system.

A friend of mine from high school lives about an hour away from Myrtle Beach. I've been toying with the idea of going there and convincing him (and perhaps his fiance) to come with. I already mention something to him on facebook a while ago. I guess I'll have to actually talk to him about it.

tyckspoon
2012-12-19, 03:57 AM
I will probably not be able to make this, regrettably. Spent too much traveling this year, and although I regret none of it, I can't do it again next year. Especially since I'm committing myself to DragonCon this year, which has projected costs to attend in the area of any 2 other trips I might take. (On the plus side, DragonCon, so y'all lemme know if any of you are getting there this year as well, mmkay?)

Diva De
2012-12-21, 12:13 PM
I will probably not be able to make this, regrettably. Spent too much traveling this year, and although I regret none of it, I can't do it again next year. Especially since I'm committing myself to DragonCon this year, which has projected costs to attend in the area of any 2 other trips I might take. (On the plus side, DragonCon, so y'all lemme know if any of you are getting there this year as well, mmkay?)

Gryff and I will be there. Already have our room reserved and our passes hanging on the fridge. :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2012-12-29, 07:55 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and will have a superb New Years Eve celebration! We were planning on celebrating with the Hippies but Gryf and I both contracted the plague (aka flu), so we are skipping out on that rather than risk spreading it to some of our favorite people.

So March is becoming more and more important!

Lex-Kat
2012-12-29, 09:18 PM
I think most of us are just checking how our finances are doing after all the celebrating is done. I have to wait until mid-January to know whether I can make it 100% or not. Though I'd still like to remain on the very likely list. :smallsmile:

Diva De
2013-01-01, 12:03 PM
Turns out we have upper respiratory infections, not the flu (though the symptoms were identical). So we spent a quiet NYE at home recuperating. :smallsmile:

Watching finances is something we understand all too well! Which is why SirSix has been kind enough to open his home to those who wish to stay there and save a bit. We also know of a couple of places that are reasonably priced, so if anyone needs help on that end, we can assist with that as well. :smallbiggrin:

If it's a close thing, please don't let money be the thing that keeps you from making the trip. I am not opposed to cooking bigger meals, etc.

Philistine
2013-01-01, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, the winter weather* last week ate up the vacation time I was hoping to use for this trip, and I won't accrue enough to do any more traveling until April or May.

* Well, more my employers' policy that the office should never be closed due to weather - so if you can't make it to work (say, because of an officially-declared disaster area that encompasses both the office and your home), you need to "pay" for your "time off" with vacation time.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-02, 03:03 AM
I, sadly, will probably not be able to make this. What little money I got over the holidays I really need to save to get me through the next semester and pay for a couple bills, and I don't think I'll be able to make the trip down.

Diva De
2013-01-02, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, the winter weather* last week ate up the vacation time I was hoping to use for this trip, and I won't accrue enough to do any more traveling until April or May.

* Well, more my employers' policy that the office should never be closed due to weather - so if you can't make it to work (say, because of an officially-declared disaster area that encompasses both the office and your home), you need to "pay" for your "time off" with vacation time.

Ouch, harsh. Also sad to hear about Forza not being able to make it.

Krade
2013-01-04, 06:01 PM
I should still be able to come. Whether or not I can is much less of an issue than whether or not I should. I suppose I have the fortune of being relatively secure financially, but there's a number of things that I can go without replacing (phone, computer, etc.) for a while, but I probably shouldn't.

I'm thinking that I should just spend the money on a new phone (and plan) and a new computer beforehand, then see what the ol' bank account has to say about a trip.

Diva De
2013-01-12, 08:56 AM
Omg. So Tenacious D is playing at the House of Blues that weekend! But tickets are $50. Sadness. Though I do know what I will be doing in case this meetup falls through. An intimate acoustic evening with Jables and Cage.

KuReshtin
2013-01-12, 09:33 PM
That would be awesome. The D accoustic sounds like a great way to spend an evening.

Krade
2013-01-12, 09:35 PM
Omg. So Tenacious D is playing at the House of Blues that weekend! But tickets are $50. Sadness. Though I do know what I will be doing in case this meetup falls through. An intimate acoustic evening with Jables and Cage.

I'd be down for that if others are. That said, I believe it's 'Kage'. With a 'K'.

Diva De
2013-01-18, 09:45 AM
I'd be down for that if others are. That said, I believe it's 'Kage'. With a 'K'.

WHATever.

Anyone got any idea which side of the "attending fence" they are sitting on, as we close in on less than 2 months?

The Succubus
2013-01-18, 09:53 AM

Ah, I get what you're driving at, Crade. Say no more.

smellie_hippie
2013-01-18, 12:02 PM
Faerie and I are sittign on the "most likely coming" side. Need to get in touch with SirSix about crashing space.

May have a kid or two in tow... but that is still facing logistical issues.

Also color us as interested with Tenacious D! :smalltongue:

Krade
2013-01-18, 01:56 PM
WHATever.

So I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. I usually keep it pretty well in check, but the internet makes a-holes of most people (though for me it just brings it out. No making required:smalltongue:)

Ah, I get what you're driving at, Crade. Say no more.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Gryffon
2013-01-21, 09:32 AM
I can't stand when she says Kage and Jables =P

Diva De
2013-01-21, 02:34 PM
@^: You shut up, you.

Trying to get an idea of numbers so we can A) offer accommodations to those who need them and B) see what kind of rate we can get at Pirate's Voyage.

As for kids. BOTH of my minions spawn offspring will be hanging out with us that weekend!

tyckspoon
2013-01-21, 02:55 PM
Confirming that I will not be attending, although I'm not very happy about it; I have a local thing I need time off for the immediate week before and I don't believe my work would be able to give me both that weekend and a long weekend directly after for a road-trip.

Gryffon
2013-01-21, 03:10 PM
Also note, that for Tenacious D, it's $50 to stand. There are not a whole lot of seats.

Alarra
2013-01-21, 03:49 PM
We're a 'very likely unless something crazy happens', and would very much appreciate accommodations with some locals (planned to talk to sir six also). We will have a little one along and not really interested in Tenacious D.

Lex-Kat
2013-01-21, 05:36 PM
I'm... :smallfrown: ...not going to be able to make it. My siblings and I are trying to arrange for the three, maybe four, of us to go to Yuma, AZ to see our grandma. Sorry.

Krade
2013-01-21, 08:52 PM
I'm... :smallfrown: ...not going to be able to make it. My siblings and I are trying to arrange for the three, maybe four, of us to go to Yuma, AZ to see our grandma. Sorry.

Noo... you're my hotel buddy. You're awesome at it. You take care of everything and I just give you money. It's the perfect setup for me. And I suppose that you are also a cool person and it's really sad that you won't be able to make it:smalltongue:. Edit: I am bad at internet sarcasm. It really does suck that you can't make it. See you in JC then?

So now I guess I'll need to make real plans by myself. Hmm... I don't suppose there might some manner of local accomodation left that hasn't had some manner of dibs called on it? Because that would be awesome.

Also I think I'm going to actually talk to my friend (who lives about an hour North of Myrtle) about going too. Still haven't gotten around to that. If I can get him and maybe his fiance to come with, the above pathetic plea may be ignored.

Reinholdt
2013-01-22, 06:14 PM
Why am I only hearing about this thing now?!
*peeeeeers at De*
Well, probably cause I don't ever look at FB. >>

I'll be there. Skipping past the probables and going straight to certain. I'll even quit someone else's job if I have to.

Wouldn't mind local accommodation, though if it's too crowded in that regards, certainly can look into nearby hotels and such.

Diva De
2013-01-24, 11:56 AM
We're a 'very likely unless something crazy happens', and would very much appreciate accommodations with some locals (planned to talk to sir six also). We will have a little one along and not really interested in Tenacious D.
If Tenacious D isn't a thing everyone wants to do, we can skip it. I know enough NOT TO SPLIT THE PARTY!

I'm...:smallfrown:...not going to be able to make it. My siblings and I are trying to arrange for the three, maybe four, of us to go to Yuma, AZ to see our grandma. Sorry.
No worries, Lexy. We will see you in June. And miss you in the meantime.

Krade
2013-01-24, 03:13 PM
So about to go take care of my rent and checking the finances, looks better than I expected. Even though I haven't bought that new computer yet like I said I would before really committing, I can upgrade my status to absolutely definite barring, of course, some manner of major and unexpected expense (but I'm pretty sure THAT caveat applies to just about everyone).

Diva De
2013-01-24, 07:52 PM
I'm just...gonna move all of the "most likely" people into the GOING category. Because that's where I want you!

Krade
2013-01-28, 11:30 PM
So my friend from high school says he could probably show up for one day. I was hoping to get him there for more or less the whole thing, but oh well. Related to that, do we have a schedule of events (tentative or otherwise) or are we just kinda wingin' it? If he's just going to be there for one day I'd like to see which day would be best.

Diva De
2013-01-30, 04:03 PM
So my friend from high school says he could probably show up for one day. I was hoping to get him there for more or less the whole thing, but oh well. Related to that, do we have a schedule of events (tentative or otherwise) or are we just kinda wingin' it? If he's just going to be there for one day I'd like to see which day would be best.

No set schedule yet. Will check on what days/times Pirate shows are (and if my brother can still help with discount tickets). Other than that, there is the beach, putt-putt, comedy clubs, board games aplenty, video games, cool restaurants, Brookgreen Gardens (zoo/statue garden/historic site), etc.

Once we get a more solid guest list (and when people are arriving), we can establish a more concrete plan. And that way, the people who are coming can let us know what they are most interested in.

Send me a PM with your cell number - we can text and swap info faster. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2013-01-30, 05:46 PM
March 10th is Daylight Savings Time weekend AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

The Succubus
2013-01-30, 07:21 PM
March 10th is Daylight Savings Time weekend AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Miss De is currently trying to organise a Playground meet-up. Compared to a task like that, the laws of time and space can go whistle.

Krade
2013-01-31, 12:02 AM
I'm really glad I've coincidently managed to not have to deal with DST this season due to being on vacation when it happens. Thanks De and Gryf, you've let us all ignore that stupid tradition for a couple days!:smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2013-02-01, 12:49 PM
I'm really glad I've coincidently managed to not have to deal with DST this season due to being on vacation when it happens. Thanks De and Gryf, you've let us all ignore that stupid tradition for a couple days!:smallbiggrin:

*thumbs up*
I do what I can. And I will be on vacation those days, so time can bite my shiny metal ass.

mangosta71
2013-02-01, 03:54 PM
Le sigh.

I was looking forward to this, but with the giant charlie foxtrot that was December, and still dealing with the fallout, the probability of my attendance is rapidly approaching 0.

Diva De
2013-02-04, 12:24 PM
Le sigh.

I was looking forward to this, but with the giant charlie foxtrot that was December, and still dealing with the fallout, the probability of my attendance is rapidly approaching 0.

I hear ya, Mango. We are happy to help how we can, but mad scientist stuff is a bit above my pay grade. We will keep fingers crossed. We miss you!

Reinholdt
2013-02-12, 08:36 PM
Finally finished taking a count. Game list time!

Game|# of players|Co-op or Vs.
Apples to Apples|4-All|Vs.
Ascension w/expansions|2-6|Vs.
Aye, Dark Overlord!|3-8|Co-Vs.
Battlestar Galactica w/expansions|3-7|Co-Vs.
Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom|2-6|Vs.
Carcassone|2-5|Vs.
Castle Panic|1-6|Co-op
Citadels|3-8|Vs.
Cosmic Encounter (Avalon Hill version)|2-4|Vs.
Cthulhu Dice|3-All|Cthulhu
Dominion|2-4|Vs.
Fist of Dragon Stones|3-6|Vs.
Forbidden Island|2-4|Co-op
Inn Fighting|3-6|Vs.
Killer Bunnies (Blue and Yellow)|2-8 |Vs.
Kittens in a Blender|2-4|Vs.
Lord of the Rings Board Game|2-5|Co-op
Lord of the Rings Risk|2-4|Vs.
Rune Age w/expansions|2-4|Vs./Co-op
Seven Wonders w/expansions|2-8|Vs.
Zombie Flux|2-6|Vs.

Got Ascension just for the meet-ups. An incredible game.

Zeb The Troll
2013-02-12, 11:42 PM
Oooo, Rune Age. If it's the game I'm thinking of Alarra and I demo'd it at GenCon a couple of years ago and it was cool, but we didn't want to spend what they were asking for it at that moment in time. I'd definitely be interested in playing a full game of it.

Krade
2013-02-13, 03:19 AM
I suppose I ought to figure out what games to bring with me. I'll try to get around to that in the next couple of days. I know I should bring Shottin' Ladders for Mountain Faerie since we managed to fail to play it at the Baltimore meetup. Other than that... well I'll just have to go through some boxes. But that can wait for another time. Like when the time isn't 3am and I need to go to bed. That would be a good time to do that.

Reinholdt
2013-02-13, 06:53 AM
One game of Rune Age is a good game.
Several games of Rune Age is a great game.

That's because Rune Age has such depth of different scenarios and races that it's almost 5-6 different games.

Gryffon
2013-02-13, 08:55 AM
The weekend of this also coincides with the monthly board-gaming night here. So there will be lots of games and lots of people to play them with.

Diva De
2013-02-15, 01:02 PM
Ho-kay. Tentative schedule and costs and stuff following:

Friday: Gathering and dinner at Mellow Mushroom
Saturday: Board gaming (the local group plays from noon to midnight or so)
Sunday: Putt-Putt? More gaming?

All of this depends on when people arrive/depart. Pirate's Voyage is going to cost $28 a head, which includes the 2-hour show and dinner. More than we would typically spend on an evening out for dinner, but worth the treat if you can swing it! (Not to mention we have the only show like it in the country!) I would really really REALLY like everyone to be able to go. Usual show times are 6pm and 8pm, IIRC. The question is: What night do we do it? I would hate to leave board gaming early to go, but I don't really want to wait until Sunday night in case people have to leave.

Let me know what you guys think, so I can make the reservation. (Also, if this will be a financial concern, let me know - I have a brother who works there and might be able to help us out.)

So we put it to a vote!

In a related note, I will be off on that Friday and Monday. I believe SirSix will also, as will Gryffon.

Reinholdt
2013-02-15, 05:53 PM
I intend to arrive Thursday evening (may be as late as midnight though) and stay until Monday (roughly noon-ish).

Pirate's Voyage on Sunday would be fine with me. Or even Friday, moving the Mellow Mushroom to Sunday night perhaps?

Actually, that may be a good idea, because looking at the showtimes on the website, it doesn't appear that they have any shows on Sunday night at all. At least not during most of March. :smallconfused:

Diva De
2013-02-16, 10:21 AM
I intend to arrive Thursday evening (may be as late as midnight though) and stay until Monday (roughly noon-ish).

Pirate's Voyage on Sunday would be fine with me. Or even Friday, moving the Mellow Mushroom to Sunday night perhaps?

Actually, that may be a good idea, because looking at the showtimes on the website, it doesn't appear that they have any shows on Sunday night at all. At least not during most of March. :smallconfused:

Fabulous. Sounds good to me. My only concern with Friday was the Hippies, as I am not sure when exactly they will get there, and I DO NOT want them to miss out. Would an 8pm show on Friday work for everyone?

TSGames
2013-02-16, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, I will now have to place myself firmly in the "will not be attending" category. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I will not be able to make this one.

I will probably be able to attend the meetups next year, but this year is not meant to be.

Diva De
2013-02-18, 02:36 PM
Unfortunately, I will now have to place myself firmly in the "will not be attending" category. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I will not be able to make this one.

I will probably be able to attend the meetups next year, but this year is not meant to be.

Sadness is to be had. You were a blast in Baltimore! (But seriously, if you were ONLY going to ONE, I would pick JC, personally.)

smellie_hippie
2013-02-19, 08:19 AM
Ho-kay. Tentative schedule and costs and stuff following:

Friday: Gathering and dinner at Mellow Mushroom
Saturday: Board gaming (the local group plays from noon to midnight or so)
Sunday: Putt-Putt? More gaming?

All of this depends on when people arrive/depart. Pirate's Voyage is going to cost $28 a head, which includes the 2-hour show and dinner. More than we would typically spend on an evening out for dinner, but worth the treat if you can swing it! (Not to mention we have the only show like it in the country!) I would really really REALLY like everyone to be able to go. Usual show times are 6pm and 8pm, IIRC. The question is: What night do we do it? I would hate to leave board gaming early to go, but I don't really want to wait until Sunday night in case people have to leave.

Let me know what you guys think, so I can make the reservation. (Also, if this will be a financial concern, let me know - I have a brother who works there and might be able to help us out.)

So we put it to a vote!

In a related note, I will be off on that Friday and Monday. I believe SirSix will also, as will Gryffon.

Fabulous. Sounds good to me. My only concern with Friday was the Hippies, as I am not sure when exactly they will get there, and I DO NOT want them to miss out. Would an 8pm show on Friday work for everyone?

This schedule looks pretty good.

Our tentative plans are to head down on Friday... but I expect that we may be getting in a little late (best estimate is close to 10:00) and leaving on Monday sometime. This is still somewhat subject to change, depending on what our daughter has in mind (who is likely not to attend).

We would love to go to Pirate's Voyage... but if that screws everything else up then don't worry about it. If this is the lynchpin of the weekend, then if everyone is alright with a break in boardgaming on Saturday? :smallconfused:

Gryffon
2013-02-19, 08:40 AM
Gaming typically runs from Noon to Midnight, and in all honesty, there will probably be stragglers at midnight, so a break on Saturday isn't inconceivable.

Mountain_Faerie
2013-02-20, 05:48 PM
I suppose I ought to figure out what games to bring with me. I'll try to get around to that in the next couple of days. I know I should bring Shottin' Ladders for Mountain Faerie since we managed to fail to play it at the Baltimore meetup. Other than that... well I'll just have to go through some boxes. But that can wait for another time. Like when the time isn't 3am and I need to go to bed. That would be a good time to do that.

Thanks Krade! I can't wait to play! (Plotting, skeeming on the game I've never played)

On a side note, i have an annual commitment on Friday the 8th. i didnt realize we were looking at the same weekend until it was too late, otherwise we'd leave earlier on Friday. Hippie is planning to leave a couple of hrs early so we can at least get on the road at a decent time.

Zeb The Troll
2013-02-21, 12:19 AM
In order to maximize travel availability, Alarra and I may need to try to come in on Thursday and leave out on Monday. I'll keep y'all posted. :smallcool:

Alarra
2013-02-21, 10:35 AM
Actually, I was thinking I'd leave Tuesday because I have to be in Baltimore Wednesday and it's dumb to fly back to South Dakota for a day.

smellie_hippie
2013-02-21, 11:21 AM
In order to maximize travel availability, Alarra and I may need to try to come in on Thursday and leave out on Monday. I'll keep y'all posted. :smallcool:

Actually, I was thinking I'd leave Tuesday because I have to be in Baltimore Wednesday and it's dumb to fly back to South Dakota for a day.

So what you're saying is that being a MOD also allows for ridiculous flexibility with vacation time? :smallamused:

Krade
2013-02-21, 01:21 PM
So now there's been two meetups in a row where Mass Effect 3 released DLC in such a time frame that I can't play it until I get back from the meetup. I'm beginning to think they are spying on me.

Diva De
2013-02-23, 04:27 PM
Latest schedule is as follows:

Friday: ????
Saturday: board gaming (I sent invites to the event via FB), Pirate's Voyage at 8pm 6pm
Sunday: more board gaming? putt-putt? Mellow Mushroom FOR SURE

So Pirate's is only having a 6:00 show on that weekend. And we need to be there at 4:30 for pre-show. Which is fine. We can still game until 4, and then we are GUARANTEED to have time to come back and game more afterwards. :smallsmile:

KuReshtin
2013-03-01, 04:48 AM
*SADFACE* I want to come to this meetup. I liked Myrtle Beach when I was there last time, and the Pirate's Voyage thing sounds awesome.
And obviously, meeting all the Troglanders who will be there would be the main attraction.

Krade
2013-03-05, 03:08 AM
You guys.

I only have one more day of work.

One more day.

Before I leave.

I am excited.

smellie_hippie
2013-03-05, 09:51 AM
Cannot even begin to explain how badly I need this vacation...........

:smallsigh:

Diva De
2013-03-05, 04:20 PM
I am in Raleigh now for a conference that lasts until 4 on Thursday. That means no snuggles or kisses for a couple of days. But I console myself with the knowledge that my house will be overrun with Trolls and...Krades...when I return. :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2013-03-05, 04:26 PM
Apparently I actually have no idea when I'm coming in. Could be as early as 9:45 am Thursday or as late as sometime Friday afternoon. Are there any fun plans for Thursday night?

Gryffon
2013-03-05, 04:32 PM
I don't believe anything in particular is planned, probably just gaming of some sort, whether it is board gaming, or video gaming. And probably drinking >.<

IsaacTheHungry
2013-03-05, 07:41 PM
I might as well let you all know now. I have gone from maybe to a firm no. I got to teach mad science to an elemerntry school group and run a dnd group for high-school students

Krade
2013-03-05, 11:07 PM

So hey! Remember this? So I got him to come down on Saturday and hang with us. Cool guy. Always fun to get people to meet new people. That's half the reason we do these things, isn't it?

Also since it wasn't for-sure-going-happen until about an hour ago, I finally have my very own fully functional Kubb set to bring for a maiden voyage game at some point. I am excite.

Diva De
2013-03-06, 04:54 PM
So hey! Remember this? So I got him to come down on Saturday and hang with us. Cool guy. Always fun to get people to meet new people. That's half the reason we do these things, isn't it?

Also since it wasn't for-sure-going-happen until about an hour ago, I finally have my very own fully functional Kubb set to bring for a maiden voyage game at some point. I am excite.

So...do I need to add him to the Pirates reservation? :smallbiggrin:

mangosta71
2013-03-12, 09:22 AM
Noooooooooooobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Diva De
2013-03-19, 10:12 AM
*dusts off hands*

Well. I would call that a success. :smallbiggrin: