PDA

View Full Version : It's times like this.

Morithias
2012-10-27, 02:33 PM
The following quote has been altered a minor bit to save face, since it was a PM and not flat out said on the forum.

"Hey, Mori. I just want to personally thank you for running this game, and for doing so so well. It seems like a really thought out world, and the history of it all, from what we've been able to see, is truly both exciting and deep. I am beyond excited to see more. The NPC's are enthralling, and what you've set us up for is a quest that we WANT to go on, instead of railroading us. Keep up the good work, I am more than impressed.

And, again, Thank you."

It's little things like this that make DMing all worth while. I think I'm going to stick around with play-by-post for a while...it seems to be going really well, and I'm starting to feel a lot better about myself and the game as a whole.

Thanks for being such a great collection of people and players. Sure we may fight and argue sometimes, but the make up gaming is excellent. :P

I look forward to keep playing with all of you in the future.

Medic!
2012-10-27, 02:36 PM
Where's the "Like" button on this thing?

Delwugor
2012-10-28, 11:08 AM
Congratulation Mori!!

kardar233
2012-10-28, 12:40 PM
Wow. That's a hell of a recommendation. You opening up any new games anytime soon?

Morithias
2012-10-28, 01:47 PM
Wow. That's a hell of a recommendation. You opening up any new games anytime soon?

I'm currently Dming two games, but it looks like one of them might be dying. I don't have any real "inspiration" for a future game except for kind of a joke campaign I ran with my friends a while back which was based on an MMORPG, kinda a mix between Chaotic and World of Warcraft.

I can't find my old rule sheet for that campaign, it was very sandbox, and all the crazy stuff was covered by "it's a game" which covered stuff like "why can I throw a fireball in the middle of a forest to attack the giant spider and not set the whole thing ablaze", as well as a few of D&D's more crazy rules and effects.

Jay R
2012-10-29, 10:03 AM
Thank you for sending this. It inspired me to send a thank you note to my DM.

I recommend that every player reading this stop right now and send a thank you note to your DM. That person is the reason you're playing, rather than DMing.

Dimers
2012-10-30, 10:05 PM
*grinz* I'm up-to-date on my DM appreciation. Hell, sometimes I even remember to thank the other players for making the game awesome (like e.g. the guy who plays the optimized wizard without making the rest of the party look unnecessary).