PDA

View Full Version : Enlarge Person's Str bonus?

danzibr
2012-10-27, 06:45 PM
Why is it just +2? When you look at what monsters get from size increases by getting more HD, well, it's way more. Am I missing something?

Keld Denar
2012-10-27, 06:50 PM
Yea, its a 1st level spell. Contrast with Bull Str, a 2nd level spell, which gives a +4 enhancement bonus. Enlarge Person gives a size bonus, which stacks with everything but Righteous Might. Also, EP gives the reach advantage which is 9/10 reasons to cast the spell.

If it gave a normal size increase like the MM suggests, it would be WAY better than a 1st level spell. Probably 4th level, akin to Polymorph.

danzibr
2012-10-27, 07:24 PM
Yea, its a 1st level spell. Contrast with Bull Str, a 2nd level spell, which gives a +4 enhancement bonus. Enlarge Person gives a size bonus, which stacks with everything but Righteous Might. Also, EP gives the reach advantage which is 9/10 reasons to cast the spell.

If it gave a normal size increase like the MM suggests, it would be WAY better than a 1st level spell. Probably 4th level, akin to Polymorph.
I totally didn't think of any of that. That is, I was neglecting to keep in mind Enlarge Person is merely a 1st level power, focusing instead on the benefits of a size increase.

Thanks Keld Denar!

Starbuck_II
2012-10-27, 07:28 PM

Nah, Polymorph does way more than actual size bonus.

I'd price Actual Enlarge person as 3rd level.

TuggyNE
2012-10-27, 07:52 PM
Nah, Polymorph does way more than actual size bonus.

I'd price Actual Enlarge person as 3rd level.

Although it would be logical to expand its targeting to all types and therefore shove it up another spell level. Call it enlarge monster or something?