PDA

View Full Version : Medium Sized Automaton Suit

Bulix
2012-10-28, 10:42 AM
Ok, so I'm a level 7 Artificer, starting with 19000 gp, and I would like to build a kind of Iron Suit, with various parts that I can tweak to make it really cool. Now, how much would this cost, I could use the Iron Golem Construction, but there are problems with that, I want my suit to be Medium, not Large. I'm not starting out with any magical properties or anything, that will come in later. :smallbiggrin:
So, are there any specific rules for this or more general rules that I could use?
Thank you.

_flint_
2012-10-28, 11:14 AM
Arcane spell failure dosen't mater to artificiers. Just get a suit of full plate and call it a day. Unless you want the suit to give you the stats of an iron golem(- size)?

The Redwolf
2012-10-28, 11:37 AM
In Pathfinder they have rules for creating constructs that can be used as armor, so you may wish to look at those and see if you can engineer them backwards to 3.5.

Ravenica
2012-10-28, 11:39 AM
In Pathfinder they have rules for creating constructs that can be used as armor, so you may wish to look at those and see if you can engineer them backwards to 3.5.

He doesn't want to be large sized though (required by said rules)

That being said, you might be able to convince your DM to handwave that part, especially if you are creating the golem specifically for that purpose.

Uncle Pine
2012-10-28, 11:47 AM
Arcane spell failure dosen't mater to artificiers. Just get a suit of full plate and call it a day. Unless you want the suit to give you the stats of an iron golem(- size)?

Seconded. However, if full plate isn't good enough for you, you could as well try with a mechanus plate (+10 armor), or a clockwork armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a) (+8 armor, but it gives you some nifty bonuses like a +4 circumstance bonus to both Str and Dex).

EDIT: Talking about really heavy armors, there's also the Thaalud stone armor from "Anauroch, the empire of shades". It's a massive "suit" made of stone with +12 armor bonus. It does weigh 180 lb., though.

eggs
2012-10-28, 12:00 PM
You could Haunt Shift an undead flunky into the suit. It's usually an easy way of permanently animating something.

Coidzor
2012-10-28, 01:15 PM
Iron Suit? Or Iron Man Suit?

I'll second the Haunt Shift trick for getting it made into an animated object as one of the dirty ways of getting it working if you can't get a custom item OK'd.

nedz
2012-10-28, 01:48 PM
You could also use the Fiend of Possession trick to animate the suit.