PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl online

LCP
2012-10-28, 10:24 PM
Hello all,

Having had great fun with the tabletop version, I recently bought the Blood Bowl video game off Steam. I've been enjoying the single-player mode, but the multiplayer seems a little hard to break into.

Is there anyone around here who plays? Would people be up for forming an informal GITP league?

Opperhapsen
2012-10-29, 05:40 AM
DAMNIT LCP YOU SHOULD'VE WAITED.
They're releasing yet another version with even more teams.

I play a bit, but I'm hilariously awful at it.
I think there used to be an informal GITP league actually...

AllyRdr
2012-10-29, 06:29 AM
Hi, start playing the multi player as soon as possible. The AI on single player is ridiculously bad, and all it will do is encourage you to develop bad tactics/habits. Play 10 games in matchmaker leagues (I'd suggest Nagg), then apply for Forum Open League. It's a moderated matchmaking league, so a lot of the trolls and angry children soon get found out.
There are also structured leagues online that provide a more regular league experience. Have a look at everything and see what you like.
The forums at BBTactics could be a good place to start, with a lot of friendly coaches that'll help a new guy out.

Edit to add - make sure you're using either Legendary Edition or the new Chaos Edition. If not, you can upgrade to CE for a reduced rate through Steam so long as you have your player key.

Driderman
2012-10-30, 05:24 AM
Me, a couple of people from these forums and a handful of people from Bay12 (Dwarf Fortress) forums used to play in a league. Since most were american-based, I had to drop it as it fit very badly with my schedule but I think the Bay12 guys are still playing from time to time.

LCP
2012-10-31, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the responses, all. I've discovered I have some connection difficulties (to do with port forwarding) that are probably not resolvable as long as I'm on the network at my current lodgings (:smallfrown:), but hopefully I will be able to give this a try when I go home for Xmas.