PDA

View Full Version : Going Insane?:Melee Psionic artificer

silverwolfer
2012-10-29, 12:46 AM
So think I've been touched in the head with heat. Dm said, any source, just has to be psionic. Me being the weirdo didn't go and say...hey let us be a ardent, or a psion , or even a psychic rogue.

My brain went, hey let us find a weird variant

So poof...here I am, War forged Psionic Artificer, that I am going to try and do melee with, because am using the racial adaptions. YAY ME!!! uhg...hahah

Anyways, can someone help convince myself am not insane?

Malroth
2012-10-29, 02:52 AM
Lets see best race in game playing a Tier 1 class for which there are good racial variants. Yep you're fine

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-29, 03:51 AM
Sorry dude, I can only call you insane if you A) suck at resource management, because that's pretty much the entire artificer class, or B) did this knowing that there would be virtually no downtime during the upcoming adventure/campaign.

If you've got the organizational skill and the down-time to put it to work, an artificer (psionic or not) is one of the strongest, most versatile classes available.

Psyren
2012-10-29, 08:40 AM
You have access to Metamorphosis, so gishing should be easy. And make sure Magic Item Compendium is allowed in your games, as this vastly increases the Psionic Artificer's power - you can actually craft many of the items in that book.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-29, 09:29 AM
Once you have enough funds craft yourself a Skin of the Proteus, at will Metamorphosis is awesome, even at ML 7. It normally costs 42K Gp to make; but you are an artificer, costs reduction is your game. Do note that a psi-artificer can theoretically craft it at level 5 (though with a reduced ML) if he can get enough money.