PDA

View Full Version : Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse OOC)]



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Thump
2012-12-06, 06:36 PM
That hit....?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 07:13 PM
Yeah... apparently he rolled a 1 (which would've hit in-and-of-itself)... but with his AC figured in, it's a phenominal failure on his part. He all but smashed the glass on his own face for you!

GunnDancer
2012-12-06, 07:39 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Sorry! I had to go to an all day conference yesterday and today for work so I haven't had access to a computer!

Erasmas
2012-12-07, 11:47 AM
No worries, Gunn!

Alright... I will be GM-Boting Jim here in just a little bit! Also... everyone say "bye bye" to Blake.
:smallwink:

Umbranar: Mason is up!

Erasmas
2012-12-07, 12:03 PM
Jim is going to join in on the throwing of things!

Jim:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Tourist)
[roll1] (Damage, if hit)

Zombie Tourist:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

Way to go, Jim... a critical hit! You deal double damage.

razorback
2012-12-07, 07:02 PM
Sorry, I looked this morning to see if it was my turn but I thought I was waiting.
Thanks for running that for me.

Erasmas
2012-12-07, 07:28 PM
Not a problem at all! Hopefully it's close to what you wanted to do.

Thump
2012-12-08, 01:46 AM
Oh jeez... what a way for Blake to die.

Erasmas
2012-12-08, 01:40 PM
Yeah... I figured most deaths in zombie movies/shows/etc are pretty gruesome affairs, so 'go for broke'. Plus, as my wife pointed out, I have "an affinity for writing disgusting things [for the zombie genre]". I took it as a compliment.

:smallbiggrin:

GunnDancer
2012-12-08, 06:28 PM
geez... remind me to post regularly!!!!!

Speaking of... who's turn is it? Mine?

GunnDancer
2012-12-08, 06:31 PM
Dur... I'm an idiot... so I just looked at the chart and I see it's mine turn. I'm going to bash that things head in while it's busy with Blake... there is no way I can save him... there is not enough flour in the world to fix those wounds. But I can stop that thing from desecrating his corpse and then I can stop him from coming back.

to hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Edit: Also, I submit to our kind GM that because the critter is buried snout deep in the innards of our attorney that it should be considered flat-footed because it's clearly distracted!... And I was hiding lol. I didn't forget my 15 to hide!

Erasmas
2012-12-08, 06:37 PM
It is actually Mason's turn. But we will queue your action!

Umbranar
2012-12-10, 03:18 AM
Attacking mister fat man:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 11:29 AM
Zombie Tourist:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Mason)

Wow... okay, yeah... you definitely hit! And that'll do him in too.

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 11:38 AM
Zombie Bartender:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Victor... -1 usually, further -2 for half/prone)

Alright, you hit... but it was in the neck!

Thump: It is Viola's turn!
Moomoo: Francois is on deck.
Razor: Jim is on second deck.

Thump
2012-12-10, 11:46 AM
Alright, so did we hear Blake and Victor going around?

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 11:54 AM
Battle Map and Battle Chart are also updated!

And no, you probably didn't hear them go the other direction. But you would definitely see that they were not with you and you can hear the sounds from where they are.

Thump
2012-12-10, 12:14 PM
Alright then, I'm taking the round to do a double move towards them.

Cue Viola scream and possible rage.

Erasmas
2012-12-10, 01:18 PM
LOL
Alrighty... and you are headed back around the rear of the kitchen, correct (where the door that you came out of is)?

Thump
2012-12-10, 02:34 PM
Da. (10charsoannoying)

moomoo
2012-12-10, 02:40 PM
Francois will wait for the others to move out of the way and will then get his knife back
(This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds. wow, waiting)

Erasmas
2012-12-11, 12:52 PM
Umbranar: It is Mason's turn. I also need a Listen check from him please (1d20+WIS+1/2 level {rounded up})!

Erasmas
2012-12-11, 12:54 PM
Zombie Bartender:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim... -1 usually, further -4 for prone)

On second thought, she would be helpless... so it is a coup de grace action! Jim would've had to double his move to get there, but I will go ahead and give it to him. So that deals 12 points, giving the chemistry teacher a kill (under Piercing) and will finish off the bartender. In addition, a chair is listed at 15 HP and Jim's now has 18 (12 just now, plus the 6 permanent it had on it). So his chair is now busted. He may use a part from it... a leg or a part of the back, if you would like.

I also need Listen checks from everyone else, please!

moomoo
2012-12-11, 02:14 PM
Listen:
[roll0]

GunnDancer
2012-12-11, 09:13 PM
making a listen check!

[roll0]

It's wisdom + half our level rounded up... right?

Thump
2012-12-12, 08:17 AM
Listeeeen!

[roll0]

DERP DERP DERP:smallfurious:

razorback
2012-12-12, 09:11 AM
Listen

[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-12-12, 01:17 PM
Mason's Listen:
[roll0]

Thump: Viola hears nothing that causes her alarm.
Gunn & Razor: Both Victor and Jim can hear that raspy gurgling noise coming from downstairs in the restaurant!
Moomoo & Umbranar: Francois and Mason hear the same noise... and they also hear the sound of someone coming up the stairs!

Mason moved up.
Moomoo: Since you delayed your turn, you go right after Mason. I had you move up and grab your knife... not sure if there is anything else that you would like to do. If so, post it up!
Gunn: It is now Victor's turn!
Thump: Viola is not far behind him!
Razor: Jim is after that.

GunnDancer
2012-12-12, 10:05 PM
So I can hear the noise coming from down the stairs? Can I see the stairs from where I am?

Erasmas
2012-12-12, 11:44 PM
You can hear the noise coming from somewhere on the other side of the kitchen, but no... you cannot see the stairs from where you are. You would where they are, from last night when you were eating here.

razorback
2012-12-13, 08:27 AM
Does Jim see anything handy that he can turn into a weapon?

Erasmas
2012-12-13, 11:46 AM
Steak knives, forks, plates, glasses, another chair.

Currently, however, nothing that would be considered a weapon in traditional terms.

If Gunn doesn't post an action in the next couple of hours, I will GM-Bot him!

GunnDancer
2012-12-13, 12:45 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Oh man this has been a really insane couple of weeks. Please just bear with me for another week or so. Last week was my company's big huge meeting and this week it's holiday parties galore AND I have a term paper due (working full time, school full time and family full time ain't easy!)

Okay, since I can't see what is happening, I'm going to make the oh-so-crazy assumption that Blake is totally dead and deal with that... let's be honest, Victor probably is in no shape to go screaming down the hall and deliver a drop kick to a zombie at this very second.

Edit: I'm going to ready my action and one Jim and Viola are out of sight I'm going to bash Blake's head in... not right, coming back like a zombie and all that. Do I need to roll for that?

Erasmas
2012-12-13, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the business! Yeah, the holidays are a rough time of year in regards to time/energy. And please... no one take me having to GM-Bot your character as a lack of patience or frustration on my part! I am only doing it to attempt to keep the flow going for the game.

Now, on to brass tacks. You'll need to roll damage, since it'll be a coup de grace attack... it will automatically be critical. But it is necessary, since the damage dealt will also be applied to your weapon.

So, delaying your action for a coup de grace!
:smallwink:

Battle Map is updated!

Thump: Viola is up!
Razor: Jim is on deck!

Thump
2012-12-13, 01:44 PM
Well, she doesn't hear or see anything except for Blake's entrail-less body now. I'm not sure what she would do here.

Putting that 12 Charisma to use.

Erasmas
2012-12-13, 02:00 PM
So, Viola is attempting to... dissuade Victor from finishing off Blake in favor of doing so herself?

Thump
2012-12-13, 05:03 PM
Sort of. She's trying to bolster people's spirits (A teammate just DIED) and make Victor feel better by not having him do something like that. I mean, having to squash someone's head after watching them get their guts ripped out and eaten is somewhat traumatic.

Erasmas
2012-12-13, 06:40 PM
I completely agree. I just needed the "in game" interpretation so that I know how to apply it, where to put people, etc.

Hell... we'll even say that your little speech can grant a +1 to Victor and Jim's attacks for the remainder of combat (a la bless)!
:smallwink:

GunnDancer
2012-12-13, 09:55 PM
Because speaking is a free action, can I respond to Viola? Or should I wait until it's my turn again?

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 12:07 AM
No, no need to wait! Please go right ahead.

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 11:17 AM
Zombie Padre:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Mason; -1 from "missing" eye)
[roll1] (Claw damage, if hit)

Umbranar: I need a defense roll from Mason! And then it is his turn!

Moomoo: Francois is on deck!

Erasmas
2012-12-14, 01:09 PM
Alright... Victor is taking his delayed action, which changes his place in the Initiative Order (updated the Battle Chart). He was able to move up right behind Jim (which used 25' of his movement). Both of you guys can now partially see the staircase and can see the Hispanic teenage girl (we are going to call her "Zombie Mija") coming up the lower portion. The white lady with the Boa (called "Zombie Divorcee") is just hidden from view from where you guys are currently! Jim is currently standing on the 'S' in "Sea" (on the left) on the Battle Map.

GunnDancer
2012-12-17, 12:38 PM
Okay... well it's been quiet so I don't know if it's my turn but I can't get to the zombies from where I am so I'm just going to try and scoot in next to people. The one thing I DO know about tactics (as Victor that is... as me I grew up on stories of tactics and strategies) is you always want the high ground, and right now we happen to have it.

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 12:46 PM
Yup... was still waiting on Umbranar for Mason's defense roll and then his action. Which I will be GM-Boting below!

Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Zombie Padre)
[roll1] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Padre)
[roll2] (Damage, if hits)

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 12:47 PM
Doh...

Zombie Padre:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Mason)

Moomoo: It is Francois' turn!

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 12:51 PM
Stupid time limit wait...

[roll0]

Okay, whiff, whiff. Time for the chef to shine!

moomoo
2012-12-17, 01:18 PM
Let's see what we've got for you:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-17, 02:49 PM
I believe that that roll indicates a 19 on your roll, Moomoo... which is a critical hit for a knife!
:smallbiggrin:

Slice-ly done, sir!
(Sorry... I couldn't resist.)

Incidentally, it also kills him (which means that your knife takes 6 points of damage, and you get a Piercing kill... as well as +1 to your total)!

Thump
2012-12-18, 12:18 PM
Once my action comes up, I'm going to crush Blake's head with a nearby object (I'll use a nearby tumbler if there is one.)
It's a Coup-de-grace, right?
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-12-18, 02:06 PM
Battle Map and Battle Chart have been updated!


Thump: Yes... it will be a coup de grace. So, that deals double damage to the glass - which will shatter it.

Razor: It is now Jim's turn!

razorback
2012-12-19, 12:14 AM
I'll post up first thing in the morning.

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 12:51 PM
Alright... let's see...

Zombie Divorcee:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

Jim hit, and in the head. However, she is still up!

Gunn: Victor is up! I put Jim in the square just south of the "D-shaped" table, so the spot to the north is open, if you want to close for an attack.
Umbranar: Mason is on deck!
Moomoo: Francois is on second deck!

GunnDancer
2012-12-19, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Victor will step up and smash that zombie right in the face. He's pretty cheesed off and shaken up... but more cheesed off.

[roll0]

and for damage

[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-19, 11:43 PM
Zombie Divorcee:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Victor)

That's a hit in the head... and a killing blow!

Erasmas
2012-12-20, 11:10 AM
Umbranar: Mason is up.
Moomoo: Francois is after that!

Erasmas
2012-12-21, 02:10 PM
I guess Mason will close with Zombie Mija and swing at her!

Mason:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mija; +3 normally, +1 elevation)
[roll1] (Damage, if hit)

Zombie Mija:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Mason)

Uh oh... critical miss. Mason dropped his wrench!

Moomoo: Francois is up!

moomoo
2012-12-21, 06:32 PM
If there is space for 2 on the stairs, Francois will just follow his comrade in arms and try his luck on the girl:
[roll0]
[roll1]

razorback
2012-12-26, 09:00 AM
Hopefully everyone had a great Christmas.

Erasmas
2012-12-26, 12:05 PM
Moomoo: There is not room for two side-by-side to fight on that section of the stairs. You could throw your knife once more, if you wished instead. Although, Mason very well may fall back on his next turn (since he is weaponless at the moment)... so you could delay your action if you'd like.

Razor: I did, though it was also a busy one. Hopefully yours was great as well!

moomoo
2012-12-27, 04:43 AM
OK, since throwing the knife with someone standing in the way seems like a tricky situation as well, Francois will wait for some space to attack.

Also:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all of you, may the new year be inspiring and rewarding for all of you.

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 10:49 AM
Okay, so readying an action for when Mason moves back, five-foot step up and attack! And we can keep your rolls.

Meanwhile... the Zombie is attacking the poor mechanic!

Zombie Mija:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Mason)
[roll1] (Bite damage, if it hits)

Umbranar: Mason needs a defense, please! I will roll for this in about six hours or so, if you don't manage to catch this before then.

And here's the turn order -
Viola
Jim
Victor
Mason
Francois

*Battle Map has been updated!

Thump
2012-12-27, 01:17 PM
This is my first post from my new iPod Touch, so I'm happy about that.:smallcool:

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 01:29 PM
Fantastic; happy to share in the moment with you!

Hopefully it will bring revitalized luck for you guys and your rolls (although you all seem to be doing much better this time around)!

GunnDancer
2012-12-27, 04:45 PM
Hey Folks!

Just a heads up! I will be gone starting some time tomorrow until 1/2/13 with limited internet access (if any). If I am able to post when it's my turn I absolutely will. If not, feel free to Mod me this time. Sorry it's short notice but I had completely forgotten that I put in for some vacation time for myself! I so rarely do it so it surprised me haha!

Anyway! If I am not around to bash zombie heads in, good luck all!

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 04:48 PM
No worries... I will likewise be out of town over the long weekend. My D&D group makes annual trips to my family's ranch for both New Year's and the 4th of July.

Fireworks, bonfire, and 12-hour play sessions!
:smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 04:49 PM
Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Zombie Mija)

Alright... she missed, so now it's the top of the round and all of you guys get to go!

razorback
2012-12-27, 07:48 PM
Hah, I just noticed Mason's wrench on the map. Nice touch!

Erasmas
2012-12-27, 11:52 PM
Thank you!
It didn't turn out quite as slick-looking as Francois' knife, but I was pretty pleased nonetheless. It's the little details that make all the difference for me as a player, so I try to provide them as a GM.

razorback
2012-12-28, 09:21 AM
I know Mason is up next but when it's Jim's turn, can he charge the Zombie Mija that is currently nibbling on Mason?

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 10:16 AM
Yes... as long as the path stays clear (as it currently is), that shouldn't be a problem at all! We will queue that up for once Thump posts Viola's turn. In a few hours here, if she hasn't popped in, I will GM-Bot her so that we can move on.

Thump
2012-12-28, 12:29 PM
Hey, I'm here!

Nevermind, I'm just going to move closer. (Needs to look at battle map more often.)

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 01:06 PM
Okay. So, a double move, probably (40 foot)?

And we can go ahead with Jim's charge Razor... so throw up some rolls for me. For the charge, you can add +2 to the damage (it never made any sense to me that a charge action granted you more accuracy to your attack), but keep in mind that your AC suffers a -1 for the entire round (until your next turn)!

Gunn: Victor's turn (once Razor posts up)!
Umbranar: If your still around, Mason is after this.
Moomoo: Then we will be back to Francois, and with Mason most likely ducking back, it could be your time to slice n' dice!

GunnDancer
2012-12-28, 02:44 PM
Okay, well Victor doesn't want to get all bunched together... not to mention they don't know if more zombies are waiting in the stairwell there, so he will hold his action and wait for Viola to catch up, keeping a sharp eye for anymore undead that might try and make their way up. If they do, Victor will engage (provided they are not attacking en masse).

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 03:00 PM
Got it! Delaying action it is.

Oh, and Razor... I should've had you figure in a +2 to your attack anyways, since you are flanking the zombie! So, we will just figure that as a 12 to the attack. Also... you don't need to confirm criticals in this game - you guys are just that awesome! Truly, it is because critical hits are what this sort of genre is made for; gory head-explosions, gut-tearing slashes, etc.
:smallwink:

Zombie Mija:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

GM-Boting...
Mason:
[roll1] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mija; +2 high ground, +2 flanking)
[roll2] (Damage, if hit)

Erasmas
2012-12-28, 03:01 PM
Sheesh...

Zombie Mija:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Mason)

EDIT: Wow... Ninja Zombie (aka "Nombie"... anybody get the reference?)!
Alright, Moomoo... Mason is out of the way! Don't forget the +4 to your attack (+2 from elevation, +2 from flanking)!

moomoo
2012-12-29, 04:34 AM
Teach that nombie a lesson:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thump
2012-12-30, 10:46 PM
Hell yeah! Looks like she's a goner, unless she rolls a 20.

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 11:05 AM
Alright... hopefully everybody had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year! Now we can get back into the full swing of things!

Zombie Mija:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)
If she is still alive
[roll1] (Attack roll - versus Francois)
[roll2] (Claw damage, if hit)

EDIT: That is certainly a head-hit... and she takes 4 damage! However, that is not enough to take her down. You need a defense, Francois (to which you likewise get a +2 from elevation)!

And once he rolls that... we are at Viola's turn, Thump!

moomoo
2013-01-02, 01:27 PM
Evading furiosity:
[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-01-02, 01:54 PM
Uh oh... that is a hit!

Poor Francois takes a nasty scratch to his left pectoral muscle.

Battle Map and Battle Chart are updated! And it is Viola's turn (followed by Jim, Victor, Mason, and then Francois)!

Erasmas
2013-01-03, 12:58 PM
I am going ahead and GM-Boting for Thump, to keep things moving!

Viola:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mija; +3 normally, +2 from elevation, -6 from distance {35 ft})
[roll1] (Damage, if hit)

Zombie Mija:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

Razor: It is Jim's turn!
Gunn: Victor is on deck.
Umbranar: Hasn't posted since the 10th... but Mason is second deck.
Moomoo: Francois is on third!

Thump
2013-01-03, 01:06 PM
Ah, bugger, I missed my turn.

Oh well. Teach 'em a lesson, Jim!

Erasmas
2013-01-04, 11:20 AM
Zombie Mija:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

Wow... alright, you hit her in the head! And that is exactly enough damage to kill her. So, now... you guys are out of combat and back into free-form! Congrats, you all survived another fight with the undead! Pat yourselves on the back and jot down another Action Point.
:smallsmile:

GunnDancer
2013-01-07, 01:16 PM
Hmm.. cryptic! Guess we better get to a phone! In the mean time I want to do a REALLY quick patch job on anyone who got hurt. I think it's just Francois right?

Erasmas
2013-01-07, 02:41 PM
Correct. Francois' injury occurred during this fight. Mason's is from yesterday (although I don't think it's been healed for today yet).

Thump
2013-01-08, 02:02 PM
Things behind the counter, I'd bet. I'm paranoid after having played too many games of Black Ops 2, and teammates making crawlers behind cover results in unpleasant surprises.

Erasmas
2013-01-08, 02:42 PM
So Viola is heading down the stairs and then to the buffet counter (rather than back to the kitchen), correct?

Thump
2013-01-08, 03:24 PM
Mhm. I am indeed.

moomoo
2013-01-09, 03:28 AM
Trying to heal up somewhat:
[roll0]

moomoo
2013-01-09, 03:29 AM
Healing for 1d4+1 damage
Wow, I'm going to cry in a corner now...

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 12:04 PM
No reason to be upset... the DC was 10 and you got a 13 (you forgot to add in your "half level, rounded up")!

So, you successfully healed [roll0] points of damage... the die roller on this site is just finicky. You cannot preview your post or edit any of the rolls, or it won't work (likewise, if you get any of the "you have to wait to post" type messages, it screws it up)!

Thump
2013-01-09, 12:30 PM
No reason to be upset... the DC was 10 and you got a 13 (you forgot to add in your "half level, rounded up")!

So, you successfully healed [roll0] points of damage... the die roller on this site is just finicky. You cannot preview your post or edit any of the rolls, or it won't work (likewise, if you get any of the "you have to wait to post" type messages, it screws it up)!

Alright, now I know what screws up the dice roller. I know that we can't edit in rolls (for good reason), but I didn't know about the preview and waiting thingies.

Dialin' the tellyphone.

GunnDancer
2013-01-09, 12:42 PM
Patching up Francois

[roll0]
[roll1]

(I don't remember if I get to add in the same bonus for hit points)

Patching up Mason

[roll2]
[roll3]

(same thing)

Erasmas
2013-01-09, 01:55 PM
Thump: Yup... that's all stuff that I learned the hard way.
:smallsmile:

Gunn: Since Francois' wound was successfully healed some today, you can't heal it any further until tomorrow. However, Mason's you definitely can (since it was leftover from yesterday)! And whenever you heal, it cures 1d4+1 instead of just 1d4... so you actually gave Mason 3 points back!

GunnDancer
2013-01-12, 08:20 PM
Hrmm... forgot about the only healing once per day thing. Hey... quick question about that roasting spit. Is it thick like a spear or thinner like a rapier? I'm picturing thick and pointed at either end... and probably... I dunno... four feet longish?

razorback
2013-01-15, 07:56 AM
<chewing bubble gum>

Erasmas
2013-01-15, 10:34 AM
Sorry guys... been pretty sick this week and am at home. Should be able to get back to it tomorrow!

razorback
2013-01-16, 09:09 AM
No worries, I was making sure everyone was still here. I left work early on Monday and ended up sleeping about 14 hours. Whatever it was floored me.

Take care of yourself and we can resume once you're better.

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 11:58 AM
Alright... back in the saddle.
Gunn: The spit is probably 3-4 feet long and is certainly thicker than a rapier, but it could be used as such.

Razor: Yeah, my whole household got hit with it... it's pretty nasty stuff. Thanks for the well-wishes!

As for the IC thread, I am waiting to post anything more until I get some more to work off of (Thump, in particular... since she's on the phone).

GunnDancer
2013-01-16, 12:56 PM
Well after I finish patching up Mason I might take a peek at the spit and take it if no one else wants it... and then I want to take my fry pan and some shoe laces off of the deceased zombies and tie it on as some armor on my "sword arm" if I'm able to do that Basically the frying pan part would cover where my shoulder and arm connect and the handle would run the length of my bicep to offer some mild protection from bites.

As long as no one else wants the spit that is.

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 02:27 PM
No one has spoken for it yet. But I would give it a day or two to see if anyone does... and then you can simply roll off for it. The frying pan as armor, however, would be bulky and cumbersome - likely resulting in a penalty to your attack rolls with that arm. Just something to consider before making the choice!

Thump
2013-01-16, 03:54 PM
I'm having trouble right now thinking of formulating a response. The thing is, Viola would either react violently to the American man's response, or... I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

Erasmas
2013-01-16, 04:49 PM
Oh... sorry to have put you in such a spot!
:smalleek:

I guess I will let the others weigh in though.

GunnDancer
2013-01-17, 12:46 PM
Erasmas - Then I'll just give Jim my fry pan since he's busy looking for a weapon. Again, that is as long as no one else wants the spit. And I really want it lol.

Thump - Would Viola get mad if Victor saw her struggling to answer and took the phone from her to respond? But only if he saw her struggling. I could see her being undecided because telling this guy we're trustworthy means we have to trust THIS GUY who we don't know at all.

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 01:04 PM
Okay, that will work! Here's the work-up for it. You may add a +1 to your attacks with it (as long as they are piercing), because of your extensive training.

Rotisserie Spit|___|1d6+__|--|18-20(x2)|P/B|--|0|0

Razor: If you are taking it, here is the statblock for the frying pan.
Frying Pan|___|1d6+__|--|20(x2)|B|--|0|15

Thump
2013-01-17, 01:44 PM
Naw, she'd probably go "Eh?" and then let it go. I don't think she's going to react well to accusations of not being trustworthy, though. She's a bit... er, how do I put this... sensitive to that, given the circumstances.

moomoo
2013-01-17, 01:50 PM
Thump:
Imho, if Viola would get mad at this, then let her go mad at it. We see where we go from there. There is no reason why you shouldn't play your character as you imagine her, because, indeed, that is what role playing is about.

moomoo
2013-01-17, 02:22 PM
Erasmas, since they have seen or heard us, is Francois aware of any room where there are live camera feeds to follow?

Erasmas
2013-01-17, 02:29 PM
Thump:
Imho, if Viola would get mad at this, then let her go mad at it. We see where we go from there. There is no reason why you shouldn't play your character as you imagine her, because, indeed, that is what role playing is about.

Absolutely! Play your character however makes the most sense. It doesn't have to be "sensible"... most people aren't, especially in dire circumstances.

Moomoo: Yes. The security office has a huge bank of monitors. And the bridge also has a smaller security office in it where the monitor can be 'cycled' through the various cameras.

GunnDancer
2013-01-18, 09:10 PM
Hey... so probably dumb question, but I've never used cooking spray for this, but do you guys think if I sprayed my skewer/sword with the Pam spray it would be easier to slide it out of the zombie so it won't get stuck if I jab them in the head with it?

Thump
2013-01-18, 10:31 PM
Hey... so probably dumb question, but I've never used cooking spray for this, but do you guys think if I sprayed my skewer/sword with the Pam spray it would be easier to slide it out of the zombie so it won't get stuck if I jab them in the head with it?

I'd imagine it would pierce much better, since it would slide through much better. Just make sure to hit the eyes.

Erasmas
2013-01-19, 08:05 PM
It certainly is possible... but one application would only last for a couple of successful attacks before it wore off. However cooking spray is flammable, and an aerosol... just saying.
:smallwink:

razorback
2013-01-19, 08:28 PM
Hey... so probably dumb question, but I've never used cooking spray for this, but do you guys think if I sprayed my skewer/sword with the Pam spray it would be easier to slide it out of the zombie so it won't get stuck if I jab them in the head with it?

That made me laugh. Again.

GunnDancer
2013-01-19, 10:47 PM
It certainly is possible... but one application would only last for a couple of successful attacks before it wore off. However cooking spray is flammable, and an aerosol... just saying.
:smallwink:

While I won't say it's a bad idea for an explosive, the idea of lighting them on fire and perhaps NOT killing them can only make things so much worse lol.

"Ohgodohgodohgodohgod! They're on fire! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!"

moomoo
2013-01-20, 05:01 AM
Erasmas: is this security bridge the same one as the one on deck 8 we were planning to go to?

Erasmas
2013-01-21, 11:06 AM
Gunn: Perhaps you're right. Just putting your options out there.
:smalltongue:

Moomoo: Why yes, yes it is!

GunnDancer
2013-01-22, 10:52 AM
Hahaha awesome. Okay so this is EXACTLY what I was picturing the spit for the leg of lamb looked like... kind of like one of those things you see at those restaurants where they walk around with the meat on a spit and carve off hunks of it.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/868513231-rotisserie-spit-39-316-overall-length/

Looks an awful lot like a rapier doesn't it? Perfect!

Erasmas
2013-01-22, 12:35 PM
Nice find!
That works out just about perfectly.

Thump
2013-01-22, 02:32 PM
Why is Chase reminding me so much of Scooter from Borderlands 2 right now? I mean, I can almost hear the Southern accent the way he talks. :smalltongue:

Erasmas
2013-01-22, 03:40 PM
His persona is actually based off of Crush (turtle from Finding Nemo)/Lowell (Wings)/Bill & Ted... more California beach bum than Southern good 'ol boy was the intention.
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-01-24, 12:31 PM
Hello?

Anybody going to do anything in particular, or should I just fast-forward?

GunnDancer
2013-01-24, 01:01 PM
Well I'm at work on lunch so I might not be able to finish this action, but can I make a listen and spot check? That pool of blood is just... just way too much of a coincidence and I don't want to be caught with my pants down.

Erasmas
2013-01-24, 01:03 PM
Well... I'm not sure how your group does things, but you can go ahead and make a Spot and Listen and keep your pants up around here!
:smallamused:

GunnDancer
2013-01-24, 01:26 PM
LOL nice.

Listen
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-01-24, 01:46 PM
You do not hear anything that causes you alarm. You do notice that there are a couple of partial footprints made from blood that trail off through the lefthand door.

Thump
2013-01-25, 09:40 AM
Rawllin' dem Spawht checks!

[roll]d20+2[/roll

Listen:

[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-01-25, 11:21 AM
Psst... the first one didn't work, Thump!

But you definitely do not hear anything either.

GunnDancer
2013-01-25, 01:10 PM
Okay... guess I'll make another spot and listen check... too many doors man! :smallwink:

spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Additionally, I'm readying an action. I have my shield up and the first Zombie bugger that makes a move is (Literally!) getting skewered in the eye.

Are there any penalties to fighting defensively? Because I would like to use my shield better if possible.

Erasmas
2013-01-25, 03:25 PM
You still see and hear nothing that would cause you any further paranoia.
:smallwink:

Umm... sure. I will say that you can subtract a number from your attacks and add it to your defense (up to your "BAB"... which would be your level (or 1)). Not fantastic as of yet, but you can improve it with 'experience'.
:smallamused:

Erasmas
2013-01-29, 04:17 PM
RIP Mason Lighthill
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-01-29, 04:23 PM
Oh... we probably should do initiatives.

Balding Zombie:
[roll0]
Zombie Blonde:
[roll1]
Bearded Zombie:
[roll2]
Zombie Brunette:
[roll3]

moomoo
2013-01-29, 04:49 PM
I hope we don't have to fight an euhm "converted" Mason.
Initiative:
[roll0]

Thump
2013-01-29, 05:34 PM
Oh god.

[roll0]

razorback
2013-01-30, 09:17 AM
Initiative

[roll0]


Poor Mason... no more Transporter movies... :smalleek:

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 10:49 AM
Razor: That almost made me spray water out of my nose. But hey, at least we won't have to sit through another Cranked flick either. I guess he really was Expendable.
:smallbiggrin:

I will give Gunn a few hours here to see if he pops in, and then I will GM-Bot his roll and we will get started!

GunnDancer
2013-01-30, 12:43 PM
I live!!!!!!!! Don't make me zombie chow! lol

Initiative
[roll0]

Geez... poor Victor. He is seriously going to need SO much therapy after this.

Edit: I'm chalking up his terrible initiative to seeing ANOTHER friend/survive devour alived in front of him!

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 12:46 PM
Victor:
[roll0] (Initiative roll)

Ninja'd... in the best way possible!
Although, admittedly, those rolls couldn't be worse to swap out.
LOL

And no, Gunn, you are a long ways off from becoming zombie chow (at least by GM decree, that is)!

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 12:51 PM
Alright... the zombies this round are going to be torn between snacking on Mason and coming after the really fresh meat!

1-75 (75% chance to stay with Mason)
76-00 (25% chance to come after you guys)

Balding Zombie
[roll0]
Bearded Zombie
[roll1]
Zombie Brunette
[roll2]
Zombie Blonde
[roll3]

Alright... a Mason buffet it is all around. Which means that you guys get to have a "surprise round", in order amongst yourselves:
Viola
Jim
Francois
Victor

Thump
2013-01-30, 01:29 PM
What kinds of objects are there within reach that I can throw at them/use to attack the zombies?

GunnDancer
2013-01-30, 01:38 PM
Victor:
[roll0] (Initiative roll)

Ninja'd... in the best way possible!
Although, admittedly, those rolls couldn't be worse to swap out.
LOL

And no, Gunn, you are a long ways off from becoming zombie chow (at least by GM decree, that is)!

Haha oh man! If I had just let you roll for me I would have had a 20!! That's what I get for sneaking in a roll on lunch.

Though... I suppose from a purely RP perspective it makes way more sense. I have this horrible feeling that Victor is going to be present for all the gruesome dispatches of people he comes to care about!

No one else drop out of the game! His fragile psyche couldn't take it!

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 01:47 PM
Thump: In this room? Mostly canned food... which are a pretty hefty projectile. In the last room (the Kitchen), there were more options as to variety - knives, pots/pans, mop/broom handle, fire extinguisher, etc.

Gunn: I'm not sure that my fragile ego can handle loosing any more players.
:smalltongue:

Thump
2013-01-30, 01:48 PM
Stats on the canned food?

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 02:07 PM
There are smaller cans, which are what we would be buying off of the shelf at the grocery store, and then there are the larger cans (which would take two hands to throw) and would be next to impossible to use in melee.

Small Can|+__(m)/+__(r)|1d4+__|10'|20(x2)|B/T|--|0|0
Large Can|+__(r)|1d8+__ (use 1.5 on this, since it is two-handed)|5'|20(x3)|T|--|0|0

Thump
2013-01-30, 02:13 PM
What's the saying? Oh right. Grab the biggest weapon and go.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.



fffffffffffffffffffff....

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 02:27 PM
Okay... Battle Map is updated for the distance and placement factors!

Thump: The good news is that they are all effectively prone at the moment, so that's a +4 to you attack. However, because the big cans only have a range of 5 foot (and the closest that you can get and still attack in 10 foot away), that same attack also suffers a -2 range penalty... which all comes out in the wash as a total of an [8]. I also need to know which one you are attacking, please!

Balding Zombie:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

EDIT: However, that is a miss.
:smallfrown:

Erasmas
2013-01-30, 03:54 PM
On a side note:

By the way... I am looking for a D&D-themed game to join as a player. Preferably non-4th Edition or free-form centered, with a heavy emphasis on RP. Does anybody have any recommendations?
:smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-01-31, 10:49 AM
You actually should have added a +4 to your attack, because they are prone (so your roll actually counts as a [12]!
We'll say that Jim is swinging at: [roll0] (Zombie Brunette)

Zombie Brunette:
[roll1] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

EDIT: That is a miss.
Moomoo: Francois is up!
Gunn: Victor is after that.

Both of you keep in mind that Jim is right outside of the elevator, so that makes closing for melee tricky (as of right now)!

moomoo
2013-02-01, 02:40 AM
Can I throw my knife at them (range 10') or is he really blocking the view for any possible targets?

Erasmas
2013-02-01, 10:35 AM
No, you can certainly throw your knife at them! Normally, you would incur a penalty for throwing into melee combat... but since there are no feats in this system and the whole thing is centered around horde combat vs tactical combat, I don't hold you guys to as strict of a rules set.

In other words, you don't need to worry about taking the -4 penalty or having the Precise Shot feat.
:smallwink:

If Francois moves right up behind Jim (putting him in the space directly beside the door into the Trattoria), then he can attack by throwing without any penalty from range.

moomoo
2013-02-01, 01:27 PM
Knife throwing:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Uh oh...

Erasmas
2013-02-01, 02:03 PM
Oh dear... poor Moomoo! I do apologize for what I am about to post, but it really is just too funny of an idea to pass up.
:smallamused:

Gunn: It is Victor's turn, good sir!

GunnDancer
2013-02-01, 11:05 PM
Okay... so Jim is IN the elevator?

If so is it possible for me to pull him out? I don't want him to get surrounded!

Erasmas
2013-02-02, 01:56 AM
No... Jim is in the square just outside the elevator doors. Francois is in the square behind that. Viola is in the square to the right of Francois.

GunnDancer
2013-02-02, 09:30 PM
Is there any room for me to get in there at all? If not I'll keep an eye out from behind to make sure we're not going to get into any trouble until Jim takes a step back and frees up some space to allow Victor to engage in melee.

Erasmas
2013-02-04, 12:33 AM
No, there is currently not any space for more than one melee up-front.

GunnDancer
2013-02-04, 12:52 PM
Okay, I'll hold my action and watch our backs to make sure no undead try and get sneaky on us.

Erasmas
2013-02-04, 02:40 PM
You got it!
Alright... let's see what this round brings!

1-50 (50% chance to stay with Mason)
51-00 (50% chance to come after you guys)

Balding Zombie
[roll0]
Bearded Zombie
[roll1]
Zombie Brunette
[roll2]
Zombie Blonde
[roll3]

EDIT: Okay... so the other three and staying with the guaranteed meal plan. But Blondie is looking the way of the fresh meat. Which means that all of you get to take another turn (in the same order, starting with Viola), since she goes in the very last segment of the initiative.

Thump
2013-02-04, 07:05 PM
Alright, another tomato paste can, coming right up!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-04, 07:32 PM
Alright, this is from my phone, so it'll be short. Hopefully, you added your bonus for him being prone, Thump?

Balding Zombie:
[roll0]

EDIT: You hit, regardless (and in the head)! And that is enough to kill him outright, so update your sheet/kill count (Thrown)... and on to the next! I will post the IC "flavor" stuff tomorrow, unless you would like to.
:smallbiggrin:

Thump
2013-02-04, 07:37 PM
I'd like to. :D

razorback
2013-02-05, 01:07 AM
So, there is a running joke in another game I'm in about how the forum dice roller is the reincarnated spirit of an ex-girlfriend of mine.
It seems she has found me again. :smallfrown:

moomoo
2013-02-05, 03:22 AM
Let's see if the chef is better at throwing food:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-05, 11:47 AM
Battle Map is updated to reflect the actions of the last round (but not this round, yet)!

Thump: Excellent, thank you!

Razor: Yeah... that first battle that you guys had in this game was pretty bad too. I nicknamed the periods when the roller starts misbehaving for long stretches of time the "Curse of the Persephone", after you guys.
:smalltongue:

Let's see...
Bearded Zombie:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim; -1 normally, -4 from prone)

Moomoo: I am going to assume, since Victor was calling for a better position for the "melee fighters" (and with the fact that you are weapon-less as far as melee goes currently), that you would fall back and let Victor step up?

Zombie Blonde:
[roll1] (Defense roll - versus Francois; -1 normally, -4 from prone)

EDIT: Okay... Jim missed his attack. However, Francois landed his (in the head) and dealt enough damage to kill his target as well! Go tomato paste... apparently.

Thump
2013-02-05, 03:26 PM
Tomato paste barrels FTW.

Erasmas
2013-02-05, 04:32 PM
Like Donkey Kong.

razorback
2013-02-05, 09:14 PM
Jim is going to be on the look out of the big mallet Mario carried.

Erasmas
2013-02-06, 11:46 AM
I let you know as soon as he finds it.
:smallbiggrin:

Gunn: We are back to Victor's turn!

I will give him a few more hours and then GM-Bot if needed. And, who knows... maybe the zombies might even get to do something.

GunnDancer
2013-02-06, 12:42 PM
Lol you guys always do stuff after I go to bed or when I'm at work! Trust me, I'm reading! It's just bad form to post while I'm doing work so I have to wait until lunch ;).

Okay, can I move up and jab a zombe in the face? I think I read that Jim was moving back. If not I'll continue to hold my readied action of watching for sneaky zombies. I just looked at the updated battle map and there isn't even any room for me to get up there and throw something cleanly without beaning the other three in the head.

Edit: I'm dumb. I just re-read the IC board and Jim did indeed move back, so I'll go ahead and move up next to Jim if there is room and hold my attack. As soon as one of the zombies pokes their head out I'm stabbing it in the face. I figure this way we'll give our "range fighters" a better chance and keep them from getting overwhelmed. Though I have nagging doubts that I should stay behind and watch for zombies at our flank...

Erasmas
2013-02-06, 01:15 PM
Paranoia, paranoia... everybody's coming to get me...
:smallwink:

Yeah, no worries about the time difference and having to wait. I am trying to keep my posts to at least once every 24 hours, just to keep a steady clip. My poor Halo game has had the players deadlocked in one combat for almost two months now (as Thump & Moomoo can attest to)! And I am only updating the Battle Map at the end of every round (like now), cause otherwise it would be way too much to keep up with... so it doesn't incorporate anything that has been do so far in the current round.

Roger on the readied action!

GunnDancer
2013-02-06, 01:20 PM
Yeah yeah, mock my paranoia but I have been right twice so far and both times people have gotten eaten!

Though... that really means I should listen to my hunches more often but whattayagonnado eh?

Erasmas
2013-02-06, 01:34 PM
Well... if I had to guess, it comes from years of exposure to cinematic cues meant to build dramatic tension (if you're anything like me). It's good though, what would a horror-themed game be without a little bit of paranoia.

"No, no... don't go in that room! You dumb large-breasted college co-ed spring breaker!"

Thump: We are at Viola's turn!

Thump
2013-02-06, 04:06 PM
Bearded zombie? Lemme fix that trim for you... I'll just take off all of it and what's over it.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-06, 04:28 PM
Bearded Zombie:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

EDIT: Wow... that's another hit in the head! And that's enough to kill him as well. Fish in a barrel here - like some kind of sick carnival game.

Razor: Jim is up!
Moomoo: Francois is right after him.

razorback
2013-02-07, 08:16 AM
Can Jim actually reach the bearded zombie from where he is at?

Erasmas
2013-02-07, 10:57 AM
No, because he is still in the elevator. But more aptly than that (I don't know what exactly you wanted to know for), but he is already dead.

razorback
2013-02-08, 09:08 AM
I think I got somewhere in the narrative.

Erasmas
2013-02-08, 10:19 AM
Okay, I am going to assume then that Jim is readying an action.
Moomoo: What is Francois doing?

razorback
2013-02-08, 10:24 AM
Yes, I don't think he can reach anyonething.

moomoo
2013-02-08, 10:53 AM
Keep dem tomatos flying:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-08, 11:04 AM
Zombie Brunette:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois; -1 normally, -4 prone)

EDIT: Dang! That's another hit (and in the head)... which kills him too. You guys are free to move about the cabin.
:smallbiggrin:

You each also gain 1 Action Point! Make sure that you are all keeping your sheets up to date (kills, kill totals, weapon grade ratings, action points, etc.)!

Thump
2013-02-08, 11:35 AM
Well... how's that for inappropriate reaction of the week? I just realized that our characters haven't eaten in a while, and we're in the f***ing kitchen/pantry/whatever.

Erasmas
2013-02-08, 11:55 AM
You guys actually ate this morning; Francois hooked you guys up. However, even though it hasn't been all that long timewise... your group has burned off quite a few calories since then and could probably stand to eat again (though probably not anything tomato-based... or in this room for that matter).
:smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-02-12, 11:58 AM
Hello?
Anybody?

Bueller?

moomoo
2013-02-12, 01:56 PM
@Erasmas: have I found my bottle of wine? And if so, is there something in the kitchen to store it and take it with me relatively easily?

Erasmas
2013-02-12, 02:51 PM
Yes... sorry, Moomoo. You found it with little difficulty and have wrapped it in an additional apron and stowed it in your little homemade backpack! You may put it in your inventory.

Erasmas
2013-02-13, 01:05 PM
Alright, so other than Francois preparing... what is everyone else doing?

GunnDancer
2013-02-14, 12:51 PM
Argh I knew I should have gone back there and just stabbed Mason in the eye... live and learn (hopefully!). So the noises... do they sound like they are getting closer?

Erasmas
2013-02-14, 01:26 PM
No, but the noise isn't constant either - there was one crash (glass and ceramic on floor, in the restaurant), and one thump (metallic, in the elevator).

Oh, and we'll need initiatives once more (with Viola opening the elevator).

Erasmas
2013-02-14, 01:27 PM
Zombie Mason:
[roll0]

Thump
2013-02-14, 01:32 PM
[roll0] for Viola.

Erasmas
2013-02-14, 01:50 PM
And I have Viola standing right outside the elevator door, since she pressed the button.

I need to know where everyone else is in relation, please!

moomoo
2013-02-14, 04:20 PM
I knew this was going to happen...
[roll0]

razorback
2013-02-14, 04:33 PM
[roll0]

Jim will be just behind Viola.

FYI, I'm going to a Con first thing in the morning so you probably won't hear from me starting in a couple of hours until Monday (hopefully, 'cause that'll me I'll be gaming all weekend).

Erasmas
2013-02-14, 05:11 PM
Alright... I put Jim right behind Viola and Francois off to the right (since he is planning on attacking with ranged again)!

Razor: No kidding?! I am going to a Con on Sunday. It wouldn't happen to be OwlCon, would it?

razorback
2013-02-14, 05:54 PM
Nope, DunDraCon (http://www.dundracon.com/) in the SF Bay Area but it looks like you're going to be having fun, too.

GunnDancer
2013-02-14, 10:46 PM
Initiative:

[roll0]

Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?! Man I haven't gotten a good roll in... well a long time lol.

Erasmas
2013-02-15, 12:43 AM
Sorry, brother... looks like the Curse of the Persephone strikes again.
:smallannoyed:

Alright...
Francois
Jim
Viola
Victor

moomoo
2013-02-15, 02:13 AM
Tomato attack incoming:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-15, 11:30 AM
Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)

EDIT: Alright... that is a miss.
Next!

Thump
2013-02-15, 11:53 AM
One can of tomato paste, coming right up!

[roll0]

[roll1]

TEH CURSE, IT STRIKES AGAIN!

Double Edit; realized it's not my initiative.

Erasmas
2013-02-15, 01:58 PM
Indeed, it is not. Since Razor is out-of-contact until Monday, I will GM-Bot his turn. And since he is currently melee and Viola is currently ranged (and because you guys go right together) we will just have you guys switch positions as a 5' step for each of you.

Jim:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mason)
[roll1]

Zombie Mason:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Jim)
[roll3] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

EDIT: Uhh.......... yeah. Back in full-swing, it would seem! Yeesh!
:smalleek:

GunnDancer
2013-02-17, 12:45 PM
Am I up?

I just wanted to check so it didn't seem like I had gone inactive lol.

razorback
2013-02-18, 09:01 AM
Since Razor is out-of-contact until Monday, I will GM-Bot his turn

EDIT: Uhh.......... yeah. Back in full-swing, it would seem! Yeesh!
I see you played him exactly as I would. :smalltongue:

Erasmas
2013-02-18, 11:11 AM
You are indeed, Gunn! So far... your three compatriots have all missed their attacks on poor old Mason.

Razor: Yeah, that's it. I was just... staying in character!
:smallbiggrin:

GunnDancer
2013-02-18, 03:57 PM
Since they are all tossing canned goods, Victor will step up and attempt to jab the zombie Mason in the brain. I'll wait to actually post it in the IC because I want to know if I even have room to do it but I figured I'd make the rolls.

To hit:

[roll0]

Damage

[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-18, 04:52 PM
Well... technically, Jim already closed and tried to swing at Mason, so he is actually in the way! These tight quarters are rough, I know.

GunnDancer
2013-02-18, 05:10 PM
carn-sarn-it!

I guess I'll hold my initiative again and keep an eye on our backs in case one of those loud noises decides to invade our little space!

moomoo
2013-02-19, 02:37 AM
Let's try that again, shall we
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-19, 12:04 PM
Just a moment, Francois... we will resolve your second attack next. Mason gets to go at the end of the round (for which Jim will need a defense roll, Razor)!

Mason Zombie:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Jim; +3 normally, -4 non-proficiency with weapon)
[roll1]

Battle Map is updated!

moomoo
2013-02-20, 05:37 AM
Yes, I realized after posting.
A question: is my kitchen knife still sticking out of Mason's neck?
However gruesome, if possible, can I still recover it?

razorback
2013-02-20, 09:27 AM
[roll0]


A question: is my kitchen knife still sticking out of Mason's neck?

Sorry, chap, you don't seem to be using that at the moment for anything constructive... mind if I borrow it for a moment?

moomoo
2013-02-20, 09:50 AM
Sorry, chap, you don't seem to be using that at the moment for anything constructive... mind if I borrow it for a moment?

Go ahead :smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-02-20, 11:33 AM
Alright... Mason swings and misses Jim!

Moomoo: Yes, it is still in his neck and yes, you can most certainly recover it. However, now might not be the best time!
:smallwink:

Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)

Holy crap... well, Francois did hit, and in the head no less!
Razor: Jim is up!

Erasmas
2013-02-21, 11:42 AM
Let's see if lightning can strike twice...

Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

I had Jim fall back 15' straight back (since that is the nearest free space). If Victor falls back 5' back and 5' diagonally (right)... that will put him on the right of Jim and will allow the two of you to fight side-by-side. That is if Viola falls back behind Jim (where she will be able to attack from range still). Francois will also be in melee range at that point (allowing all four of you to attack Mason at once)!

Thump: It is Viola's turn!

Erasmas
2013-02-22, 01:41 PM
GM-Boting Viola...

Viola:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mason)
[roll1]

Zombie Mason:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

EDIT: That attack actually should've had range penalties added to it, but it still hit (in the head)!

Thump
2013-02-22, 01:44 PM
Gah, I missed another post.

Though I'm not complaining about the rolls... :smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-02-22, 01:48 PM
LOL
No worries!

Gunn: Victor is up!

GunnDancer
2013-02-22, 07:57 PM
hooray! Stabby stab stab!!

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 11:23 AM
Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Victor)

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 11:26 AM
Okay... that's still a hit, but only to the arm/leg. I normally would just pick one and describe it, but since Mason is still wielding that pipewrench (in his right hand)... it could potentially matter! Therefore, the dice will determine the outcome.

Victor's hit:
[roll0] (1-left arm, 2-left leg, 3-right leg, 4-right arm)

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 11:28 AM
I am leaving the above post unedited so that you can all see the results of the roll and believe that the "what number equals which body part" things was not altered to fit the roll.

With that being said, you hit him in his weapon arm, dealing 7 points of 'subdual' to his overall total, but that is still enough to all but ruin that arm. He will take a massive penalty to attacks with that arm from now on!

Give yourself an Action Point for Victor, Gunn - Hero Moment! Way to go.
:smallwink:

Battle Map is updated!

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 12:19 PM
Quadruple post, I apologize.
Gunn: Victor needs a defense roll, please!

Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Victor; +3 normally, -6 from damage)
[roll1] (Damage, if hit - +3 normally, -2 from reduced STR)

GunnDancer
2013-02-25, 12:51 PM
Rolling for defense!
[roll0]

And drat that wily Zombie Mason for moving!

Edit: I'd say something encouraging about my rolls but then I'd only jinx myself!

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 01:58 PM
Indeed!

That puts us back at the top o' the round, with Francois.
Razor: Jim is on deck.

moomoo
2013-02-25, 03:56 PM
One more can of tomatoes, going Mason's way:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 04:13 PM
Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)

Damn time-wait... now this post is gonna screw up!

Yup...

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 04:16 PM
Oh, and Moomoo... from where Francois is currently, that's actually a -4 range penalty on those cans! So, in affect you got a 10 on your attack. But, don't lose hope... there's still a chance!

Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 04:18 PM
See... you also hit him in his leg/arm.

Francois' hit:
[roll0] (1-left arm, 2-left leg, 3-right leg, 4-right arm)

EDIT: Wow. Okay, that all but renders his other arm useless!
LOL
Poor Mason.
Moomoo: I will let you post the oh-so-disgusting details of that attack in the IC thread (there's entirely too much of my 'voice' in there)!

Thump
2013-02-25, 04:21 PM
Oh my, we're making a cripple out of him.

More potato.

[roll0]
[roll1]

GAH, I NEED TO CHECK THE INITIATIVE COUNT

Erasmas
2013-02-25, 04:38 PM
Yeah, but I will go ahead and post the counter-roll...

Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

EDIT: Pretty sure that's a miss... you are at a -8 from the range (not sure how much of that, if any, was figured in)!

Erasmas
2013-02-26, 12:37 PM
The GM-Bot strikes again!

Jim:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mason)
[roll1]

Zombie Mason:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

Gunn: We are back to Victor's turn, sir!

GunnDancer
2013-02-26, 12:45 PM
Okay well... I'mma stab him again!

[roll0]

Damage

[roll1]


Edit: Woohoo!

Erasmas
2013-02-26, 01:40 PM
Zombie Mason:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Victor)

EDIT: That is certainly a hit... and in the head. That brings his total damage up to 18, which will kill him (again)!

razorback
2013-02-27, 09:03 AM
The GM-Bot strikes again!

Jim:
[roll0] (Attack roll - versus Zombie Mason)
[roll1]

Zombie Mason:
[roll2] (Defense roll - versus Jim)

Gunn: We are back to Victor's turn, sir!

Ack! Last update I saw was Jim was up and then I just happened to check this morning.

Erasmas
2013-02-27, 10:36 AM
Razor: No worries!

Moomoo: I am assuming that you are grabbing knife out of Mason's neck now, before you guys leave?

moomoo
2013-02-27, 11:26 AM
Yes I do, at least, if it still looks usable...

Erasmas
2013-02-27, 12:31 PM
It does, indeed.

GunnDancer
2013-02-28, 12:46 PM
Listen check if I may!

[roll0]

Doggoneit!

Edit: Just so you know, the Doggoneit was because I hit that time limit for posting replies and I know it would mess up the roll and show it was that crazy roll0. I'm sure you figured it out but I just wanted to explain why there is a second listen check from me lol.

GunnDancer
2013-02-28, 01:11 PM
Okay... listen check take 2!

[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-02-28, 05:17 PM
Victor... you hear a noise some ways outside the door... though it is hard to tell what direction it is coming from. It sounds like a low groaning.

GunnDancer
2013-03-01, 12:55 PM
Spot check if that's okay?

If I'm making too many rolls, just hit me OOC with a nerf hammer or something :D.

[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-03-01, 04:17 PM
Not at all... that's why we give the numbers to our characters! Peeking out, to the right (the direction you need to go towards the bridge), you don't see anyone but several of the stateroom doors are open and/or broken. To the left (where the noise seems to be coming from) you can see a small knot of the creatures that appear to just be standing there. They didn't seem to see you... but you also ducked back quickly, and were not able to get an accurate count.

Erasmas
2013-03-04, 12:06 PM
Is anybody going to talk with Victor?
:smalltongue:

Erasmas
2013-03-05, 11:33 AM
Alright, gang... I need a course of action!
What's it going to be?

Thump
2013-03-05, 12:09 PM
We're basically just following Francois for the moment... he knows where he's going, we don't. :smalltongue:

razorback
2013-03-06, 10:18 AM
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Erasmas
2013-03-06, 11:56 AM
Okay... has anyone seen or heard from Moomoo?

moomoo
2013-03-07, 10:19 AM
@Everyone
I'm sorry guys, been out with the flu for a few days, feeling somewhat better today, hope to return to a normal broadcasting schedule :smallwink:

@Erasmas
Does Francois know about these rooms and how they are connected?

Erasmas
2013-03-07, 02:00 PM
Welcome back! Sorry that you weren't feeling well, but glad that you seem to be on the mend.

Yes... Francois knows the layout well enough in this part of the ship!

GunnDancer
2013-03-09, 08:24 AM
Okay, same drill as last time.

Listen check:

[roll0]

Spot check by ONLY peeking out the door because I am not completely insane:

[roll1]