PDA

View Full Version : Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse OOC)]



Pages : 1 2 [3]

Thump
2013-03-10, 03:46 PM
More checks;

SPOT: [roll0]
LISTEN: [roll1]

Erasmas
2013-03-11, 12:56 PM
The other door seems perfectly clear, though you can still hear the same group from around the corners.

Erasmas
2013-03-13, 11:32 PM
Alright... I am going to take the characters' voiced opinions as actions and will post up tomorrow.

Gunn: Be prepared to make some rolls, please sir!

GunnDancer
2013-03-14, 11:50 AM
Eep! Wait wait wait! Let me make a move silent check first??

[roll0]

Edit: Damn it...

Erasmas
2013-03-14, 01:47 PM
Collective Listen
[roll0]

moomoo
2013-03-18, 08:42 AM
Hmm, only now I notice the collective listen check, oh well, gonna try anyway.
Listen:
[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-03-18, 09:18 AM
Francois hears Victor round the corner and then hears the group of moaning, snarling creatures follow him, moving past the door.

GunnDancer
2013-03-18, 12:05 PM
Sorry guys... busy weekend.

Okay... so they spotted me... awesome! Kind of...

Victor is going to try and spray the floor in front of him (in front of the zombies? you know what I mean lol) once he leads them around the corner away from the door the rest of the group needs to go through. Someone from our group is supposed to be watching that other door so they know when to move.

Erasmas
2013-03-18, 12:20 PM
Roger that... I believe that Francois is on it.
:smallwink:

moomoo
2013-03-18, 01:09 PM
Francois is indeed keeping an eye on that:
Spot:
[roll0]
Edit: lol, THAT 1

razorback
2013-03-18, 02:27 PM
I can see this as not going the way we anticipated...

GunnDancer
2013-03-20, 11:56 AM
In case it wasn't clear, Victor is shutting the door to the elevator behind him as he goes after the rest of the group and he's spraying the cooking oil behind him down that one hallway the rest of the group is going. That way if the zombies manage to get up and following them they will have a tough time navigating their trail.

Erasmas
2013-03-20, 12:18 PM
You got it!
I am going to wait and see if anyone else wants to post anything before the next little bit.
:smallwink:

GunnDancer
2013-03-20, 12:29 PM
You sir... are evil.

*already expecting hordes of zombies to come rushing out of the guest rooms... yikes!*

Edit: OOOOO! I will be so mad at you if there is a big horde of zombies and we have to run back the way we just came that I JUST BOOBY TRAPPED! I got my eye on you *gives you the ol' hairy eyeball* :smallwink:

cleviticus
2013-03-28, 11:09 AM
I'm Cleve, I'm popping in as Jon.
I'm really looking forward to this. We'll see how long I can survive. :smalltongue:

cleviticus
2013-03-28, 11:13 AM
This is only a test, there is nothing wrong with your television set.
[roll0]

Erasmas
2013-03-28, 11:13 AM
Everybody... this is a good friend of mine from RL. He will be a member of the group that you are joining up with shortly! Say hi, play nice.
:smallbiggrin:

Thump
2013-03-28, 11:30 AM
Hallo, Cleve! Welcome to the slaughter party! :smalltongue:

GunnDancer
2013-03-28, 11:53 AM
Hey hey! Welcome to our small (MUCH smaller) group!

razorback
2013-03-30, 10:33 AM
Sorry guys, the past couple of weeks have been nuts, both personal life and work.

Erasmas
2013-04-01, 11:44 AM
No worries, Razor!

I guess it might help you, Cleve, if I give you the link to the IC thread, huh?
Link-a-dink (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14134723#post14134723)

Erasmas
2013-04-03, 12:12 PM
Is somebody going to do something with the lighter/spray combo... or anything else?

Or is it time for the zombies to push the door back open and have an all-out brawl?

GunnDancer
2013-04-04, 11:57 AM
Haha I know I just posted it but all I could think of after I wrote Victor's reply to Viola was the exchange between Captain Lennox and Sergeant Epps:

"Where's your wallet?!"

"Back pocket!"

"Which back pocket?!"

"Left Cheek! Left Cheek! Left Cheek!"

(Yes, I liked that movie! :P )

Erasmas
2013-04-30, 11:07 AM
Just so you guys know, I am still here!

I am just trying to allow you guys the chance to RP through this part without too much 'direction' or NPC interjection.
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2013-05-10, 09:45 AM
This thread seems to be slowly dying.
I know that Thump is out of commission currently, but it's looking like it might be time to shut this down.
:smallfrown:

GunnDancer
2013-05-10, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't do that just yet. I think everyone just got thrown by the week or so of the website being down. I know I'm still involved!

moomoo
2013-05-10, 05:17 PM
I'm still here as well! I was just waiting for the radio conversation to commence :)

Erasmas
2013-05-15, 02:56 PM
Alright fellas... I think it is time for this one. I know that you both have stuck with it and I appreciate that so very much. But a game with only two players is just so difficult to challenge without overwhelming.

But, I would like to give you the opportunity to go out with a bang. If you'd like, I will turn over all of the NPCs (as well as the other PCs) stats and let you control as many of them as you'd like... evenly between the two of you. And we have the hoard bust down the bridge door and hack it out Grand Finale style.

Thump
2013-05-15, 03:23 PM
*jumps in*

I'm still here!

Erasmas
2013-05-15, 04:27 PM
Alright... I knew you had stuff going on, Thump, so no worries!

However, three is still a little iffy. So, I will leave it up to you guys - press on or The Last Stand?

GunnDancer
2013-05-16, 11:44 AM
Dude... press on!

Three might be iffy, but if we die... well we die! Plus there is a whole boat of unused NPC's just waiting to turn into PC's lol. But yeah man! Keep 'er going! Hell, I'd play all by myself if you'd keep running the game! But as long as Thump and MooMoo are still game I think we can do this!

Erasmas
2013-05-16, 12:01 PM
Fair enough.

cleviticus
2013-05-23, 12:11 PM
I've been waiting for the radio thing to finish, I forgot to follow this thread too!

GunnDancer
2013-05-23, 12:14 PM
Feel free to jump in on the radio drama! :D

You can help Victor look for instructions on how to stop a cruise ship!

Speaking of which... do I need to roll to search for that placard or instruction manual?

Erasmas
2013-05-23, 04:10 PM
Yeah... everyone that is looking should go ahead and roll a Search check!

GunnDancer
2013-05-23, 04:24 PM
Search:

(this is 1d20 + intelligence right? Damn... knew I should have put SOMETHING in Int lol)

[roll0]

moomoo
2013-05-24, 01:45 AM
Search check: [roll0]

Erasmas
2013-05-24, 09:29 AM
Don't forget that you also get to add in half of your level (rounded up)!

Even with that, however, I don't think Victor found much.

cleviticus
2013-05-28, 10:25 AM
Search check: 1d20+1

moomoo
2013-05-30, 02:36 PM
Another search check:
[roll0]

moomoo
2013-05-30, 03:11 PM
Some rope lying around, or something else that we can use as replacement for a rope?

Erasmas
2013-05-30, 03:22 PM
Yeah, you can find some rope!
It's nothing overly large, we'll call it 30' of 1/4" thick nylon rope.

Erasmas
2013-06-03, 10:46 AM
No, you guys didn't do anything wrong.
Yes, that was supposed to happen.

Hopefully (even though it is bleak), it was enjoyable and effective.

cleviticus
2013-06-17, 11:51 AM
We have two injured right? I know viola was being carried when she entered the bridge.

Erasmas
2013-06-17, 12:01 PM
Viola has one leg in a "boot" cast. Francois has a scratch (which has not been tended to today, BTW), but that's about it. There aren't any persisting wounds, other than minor ones like that... other than Viola.

Gina is currently barefoot (all she had on were high heels and she is using one of them as her primary weapon) at the moment.

cleviticus
2013-06-24, 10:08 AM
Searching for a weapon

Erasmas
2013-06-24, 10:23 AM
I apologize everyone! A plague hit my household last week and everyone got it. I missed four days of work; the threat of possible pneumonia looming overhead (since the person we all got it from ended up with it). My brain was swimming in snot... so thinking straight was not a strong point and I lacked the energy to force anything relevant and/or concrete for the games!

However, I am back in the saddle again and am making the rounds presently!

cleviticus
2013-06-24, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your plague, did you piss off Mercutio?

Search [roll0]

Erasmas
2013-06-24, 11:20 AM
When do I not piss off Mercutio?! That guy's an oversensitive little diva.

"Waa, waa, waa... Tybalt stabbed me again... waa, waa, waa!"

I mean... enough is enough already! He's been singing that same old tune for like, what... 400 years now?!
:smallbiggrin:

But yeah.
Your search reveals a heavy steel pry bar and a small hammer, both hanging in the very small 'tool closet' here inside the Bridge.

moomoo
2013-06-26, 03:18 AM
Do we know a second way out there... that is not a window?

BTW: Francois will repair his knife for half an hour during the preparation time, removing 5 damage points IIRC

Erasmas
2013-06-26, 10:25 AM
Excellent, your weapon has been repaired!

And yes... looking around, you see another door that leads out the front of the Bridge and onto a narrow 'balcony' that runs the length of the 'windshield', apparently for observation.

GunnDancer
2013-06-26, 12:30 PM
I hope no one felt I was too insulting talking about people falling to a gruesome death, but I played IRL D&D where the deadliest thing we encountered the whole night was a ladder covered in sewer scum because no one thought to take 10 to climb down it... and there were no zombies waiting at the bottom like in this game.

Erasmas
2013-06-26, 12:34 PM
No, not for me!

Similarly, I actually had an entire party nearly drown just by trying to swim across a small river with a rapid current.

GunnDancer
2013-06-26, 07:17 PM
Okay, well before we make a bee line for the door I'm going to tend to Francois's wound really quick... now... correct me if I'm doing this wrong but I THINK it should be

[roll0]

and how many hit points does he get?

[roll1]

moomoo
2013-06-27, 05:02 AM
Thank you very much, you will get a bigger portion the next meal.

Erasmas
2013-06-27, 11:24 AM
Healing... okay, let's see.
Francois would have recovered a point while sleeping, so that would bring his wound from 3 points down to 2. Which would set the DC for the Heal check at a 7. You got a 14... which beats the DC by more than 5 points, so you could actually roll an additional 1d4+1. But, since you healed with the first roll for 5 points... he is already back to full.
:smallsmile:

Erasmas
2013-07-03, 10:29 AM
Okay, after much self-deliberation... I am shutting this one down. There is just too much of a lack in interest to make it worthwhile to force it to bravely limp on. It feels too much like I am having to force the party to take action before something is able to happen.

I apologize to any of the players who did not find what they were looking for in this game. I had a lot of fun with it. Thank you very much for giving me the chance to try out the concept.

I guess I will see you guys around the boards!

GunnDancer
2013-07-05, 11:47 AM
Man that stinks! I was having a really good time but I had to close on the sale of my house this week which is why I haven't been around a lot...

Thanks for the effort though! It WAS a good time...