PDA

View Full Version : Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse OOC)]



Pages : [1] 2 3

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 10:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Brochure.jpg

Here is the Out of Character thread for the Dead End game titled "Sea of the Dead". I am posting The Crunch as well as everyone's character sheets here for easy reference and to keep them from disappearing when the recruitment thread disappears!

The Persephone's Population Count:
Starting Number - 1,450
Current - 1,414

Battles Fought:
Hell's Kitchen
All You Can Eat
Going Down
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Battle:


Combat Initiative:
{table=head]Initiative|Character|Wounds|Status
[/table]

Characters
{table=head]Name|Player|Age|Occupation|Kill Total|Action Points|Wounds
Francois|Moomoo|43|Cook|6|4|0
Jim Knispel|Razorback|33|High School Teacher|4|3|0
Viola Skarovsky|Thump|25|Gymnast|6|4|0
Victor Ryan|GunnDancer|29|Olympiad|4|5|0
Xiaolu "Jon" Chin|Clevitcus|16|Contortionist/Circus Performer|1|2|0
[/table]

Francois - Ship's Cook
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-Francois-1.jpg

Character Name: Monsieur François
Level: 1
Kill Total: 6
Action Points: 4
Age: 43
Occupation: Chef extraordinaire

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 205
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Caucasian

HP:20
Wounds: 0
AC: 0 (+1 Serving Tray "Shield")
DR: 0
Initiative: 0

FORT: 3
REF: 0
WILL: 1

STR -12
DEX - 9
CON - 14
INT - 12
WIS - 10
CHA - 12
COM - 9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Kitchen Knife|+1(m)/-1(r)|1d4+1|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|11|0
Ice pick|+1(m)|1d3+1|--|18-20(x2)|P|--|0|0
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White chef beret
White T-shirt
Dark blue apron
White trousers
Black clogs
Wallet (170 cash, 3 credit cards, French ID Card, Traveling passport)
Apron "Satchel":
+ Food stuffs



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|2
Piercing|1
Missile|
Thrown|3
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 170
Vehicles:


Jim Knispel - High School Chemistry Teacher
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-JimKnispel.jpg

Character Name: Jim Knispel
Level:1
Kill Total: 4
Action Points: 3
Age:33
Occupation:High School Chemistry Teacher

Height:5'11"
Weight: 204lbs
Sex:M
Hair:Thinning Brown
Eyes:Brown
Skin: Pale

HP: 20
Wounds: 0
AC:+0
DR: 0 (no armor)
Initiative:+1

FORT:+3
REF:+1
WILL:+1

STR - 10
DEX - 10
CON - 14
INT - 15
WIS - 10
CHA - 8
COM - 8

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical |Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Chair Leg|+0|1d6+0|--|20(x2)|B|--|0|5
-----|--|--|--|--|--|--|0|0
[/table]

Inventory:

Light blue button up shirt
Khaki cargo shorts
Calculator wrist watch
House keys with LED light and mini-Leatherman
Wallet with 2 credit cards, $130 cash, ID’s, insurance cards, room key, pictures
Tennis shoes



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|2
Slashing|
Piercing|2
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Misc|
[/table]

Cash: $130
Vehicles:


Viola Skarovsky - Russian Gymnast
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-ViolaSkarovsky.jpg

Character Name: Viola Skarovsky
Level: 1
Kill Total: 6
Action Points: 4
Age: 25
Occupation: Gymnast

Height: 5 ft 7
Weight: 118lbs
Sex: F
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Pale white

HP: 19 (18 + CON)
Wounds: 0
AC: +3
DR: 0
Initiative: +4

FORT: +2
REF: +4
WILL: +2

STR - 15
DEX - 16
CON - 12
INT -12
WIS - 13
CHA -12
COM -9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Meat Cleaver|+2|1d6+2|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S|--|8|0
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

$280 Cash
Gray Sweater
Khaki Kulats
White Tanktop
White Deck Shoe (1)
Bracer Boot (1)
Crutches
Stateroom Key



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|2
Slashing|2
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|2
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 280
Vehicles: --


Victor Ryan - Olympiad Pentathlete
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-VictorRyan.jpg

Character Name: Victor Ryan
Level: 1
Kill Total: 3
Action Points: 5
Age:29
Occupation:Olympiad (Modern Pentathlete, Tae Kwon Do [Didn't place])

Height:6'1"
Weight: 175lbs
Sex:M
Hair:Light Brown (Crew Cut)
Eyes:Green/Grey
Skin: light tan

HP: 19
Wounds: 0
AC:+3 (+1 Serving Tray "Shield")
DR: 0 (no armor)
Initiative:+2

FORT:+2
REF:+3
WILL:+3

STR - 15
DEX - 15
CON - 13
INT - 10
WIS - 14
CHA - 11
COM - 16

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Rotisserie Spit|___|1d6+__|--|18-20(x2)|P/B|--|0|0
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

Blue UnderArmour T-shirt
Black Jeans
Black Leather Belt
Black Sneakers
Smart Phone
Wallet ($60 dollars, 1 credit card, Drivers License, Room Key & Spare)
Wrist Watch
Sunglasses
Apron "Satchel":
+ Can of Cooking Spray
+ First Aid Kit



[b]Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|3
Slashing|
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: $170
Vehicles:


Xiaolu "Jon" Chin - Contortionist/Circus Performer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-XiaoluJonChin_zps3de01da9.jpg

Character Name: Xiaolu "Jon" Chin
Level: 1
Kill Total: 1
Action Points: 2
Age: 16
Occupation: Contortionist/Circus Performer

Height: 4'8"
Weight: 86lbs
Sex: M
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Asian (Average complexion)

HP: 21
Wounds: 0
AC:+4
DR: 0 (no armor)
Initiative: +4

FORT: +4
REF: +5
WILL: +0

STR - 6
DEX - 18
CON - 16
INT - 8
WIS - 12
CHA - 12
COM - 10

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Scissors|-1(m)/+5(r)|1d4-2|10'|19-20(x2)|P/T|--|0|0
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

Unitard
Jacket (2 sizes too large)
Shoes
Gym bag:
+ Aeriel bindings/ropes (50 ft.)
+ Additional pair of seamstress' scissors



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|
Piercing|1
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: $0
Vehicles:


Blake Spectre - High Profile Lawyer: Deceased
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-BlakeSpectre.jpg

Inventory:

White T-shirt
Purple Dress Shirt
Gold Tie
Black Dress Pants
Black Suit Jacket
Black Dress Shoes
Wallet ($210 cash, 2 credit cards, ID, fake ID, room key card)
Broom Handle
Box Cutter



Mason Lighthill - Ship's Mechanic: Deceased
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-MasonLighthill.jpg

Inventory:

Overall with Name Tag
Simple digital watch
Cell Phone
Cigarettes
Lighter
Wallet ($320)
Pipe Wrench {Pipe Wrench|+3|1d8+3|--|20(x3)|B|--|22|14}
Serving Tray Shield




The Crunch:

This game is meant to give players the chance to fight for their survival during and/or after a zombie infestation. There will be members of the undead running amok, but they won’t necessarily be alone. Other survivors could threaten your existence almost as much as, if not more than, the zombies who caused such wide-spread panic.

HIT POINTS

Every character receives 18 hit points plus their Constitution modifier at first level. When a character gains a level, she also gains a number of hit points equal to her Constitution modifier.


MODIFICATION PLUGGING

Most of the time your character will start at level 1, the beginning. Your level number is added to both your saving throws and your initiative. Your ability modifiers add into places on your character sheet as well. Strength figures into Melee attacks. Dexterity figures into Ranged attacks, Armor Class, Initiative, and Reflex saves. Constitution figures into Hit Points and Fortitude saves. Wisdom figures into Will saves. Any time your character performs a skill that would be based on one of your abilities, that modifier figures into that number as well. See the Skills section to see how else these numbers may affect your character’s actions.


OCCUPATION

This decision has probably the most minimal amount of direct affect on the game. It is included for role-playing and character-development purposes. It also affects things such as starting cash and possible hands-on equipment or even weapons. For example, if Chuck is an auto mechanic, he may very well have access to a large wrench or even a starting vehicle. You may also be granted bonuses or penalties to certain skill rolls based on this. The GM’s discretion is paramount in deciding how your occupation with adjust anything on your character sheet both before and during game play.


COMBAT

Attacking
Melee
Bludgeoning: STR + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
Slashing: STR + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
Piercing: STR + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
Ranged
Missile: DEX + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
Thrown: DEX + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
Auto^: DEX + Weapon Grade Rating Bonus
^- The character who is driving makes an attack as normal. Then the target must make a Reflex save @DC=15+(Mph, divided by 10) to take half damage.

For every ten kills listed under a specific weapon category (i.e. Missile, Auto, etc.), that character’s Weapon Grade Rating Bonus goes up by one point. Each time that character makes an attack with any weapon from that weapon category, she may add her Weapon Grade Rating Bonus to that attack. For example, Sharon has 10 kills with her shotgun and 10 with her Colt .45 revolver. That means she should have 20 tick marks listed under Missile and her Weapon Grade Rating Bonus is equal to 2. If Dennis has run over 64 targets with his F150 Pick-up, he should have 64 tick marks under Auto and his Weapon Grade Rating Bonus is equal to 6.

Some weapons have different rates of fire: single-shot, semi-automatic, automatic, and three-round burst. Single-shot attacks follow the above rules. A character who uses a semi-automatic weapon may make three attacks in one round. The first attack is at the character’s full attack bonus. The second shot is at a -2 to the attack, and the third is at a -4. A character who uses an automatic weapon may make five, using the same rules for a semi-automatic weapon. The second shot is at a -2, the third at a -4, the fourth at a -6, and the fifth at a -8. On a weapon that has a three-round burst setting, the character is allowed to make two attacks in one round (for a total of six bullets fired; three bullets per attack roll). The first attack is at a -2 and the second is at a -4. Be careful with this option, however… because while a successful attack can be devastating for an enemy (damage is rolled three times on a hit), a miss costs you three bullets! An expensive gamble… but with a big payoff.

Damage
Melee
Bludgeoning: Listed Weapon Damage + STR
Slashing: Listed Weapon Damage + STR
Piercing: Listed Weapon Damage + STR
Ranged
Missile: Listed Weapon Damage
Thrown: Listed Weapon Damage (+ STR)*
Auto: Listed Weapon Damage + (Mph, divided in half)
*- This bonus does not apply to a weapon that causes damage after it is thrown, such as grenades, dynamite, etc.

Every time that damage is dealt with a weapon, the same amount that was dealt is also dealt to the weapon itself. The only exception to this rule is any missile weapon (i.e. gun, bow, slingshot, etc.). Once a specific weapon reaches its hit point total in damage, that weapon becomes non-functional. How this occurs should be decided by the GM and should make sense for the circumstances – a sledgehammer’s head breaking off, a bottle shattering, a golf club becoming bent, etc.

Damaging Certain Materials
{table]Substance|Hardness|Hit Points
Paper/Cloth|0|2/inch
Rope|0|2/inch
Ice|0|3/inch
Glass|1|1/inch
Drywall|2|2/inch
Leather/Hide|2|5/inch
Wood|5|10/inch
Stone/Concrete|8|15/inch
Iron/Steel|10|30/inch[/table]


WEAPON REPAIRS

Some weapons require maintenance or repairs because of usage and wear. Blades need to be sharpened after repeated use, handles and screws might need to be tightened, and some parts may just need to be replaced all together. Doing this can remove some of the damage from a weapon. When a character decides to repair or maintenance a weapon, they may recover up to 10 hit points for that weapon for every half-hour spent this way. However, no more than half (rounded down) of the damage that was dealt to the weapon since its last maintenance or repair may be recovered.

For example, David decides to sharpen his machete, which has taken 50 points of damage since he acquired it. He spends an hour and a half working on it, which would normally recover 30 points but because that is more than half, it brings the total damage on the machete down to 25 points (the most amount of damage that he can remove). Later on, his machete accrues another 55 points, bringing its total to 80 points of damage. If David spends another hour and a half, he can recover 27 points, once again the most that he can recover. His machete now has 53 points of total damage upon it.

Replacing parts of a weapon will remove whatever damage the weapon has on it, within the GM’s discretion. Putting a new barrel into a gun that has misfired, replacing the handle of a sword, etc. are all examples of this. Again, the GM has final say as to whether the materials or the know-how are available for the character’s use.


SPECIAL WEAPON NOTES

On the Weapons Chart, you will notice certain bold typed terms listed under the descriptions. These weapons have secondary effects or different rules to their operations than most others.

Explosive
These items function normally, but are potentially dangerous when taking damage. If one of these weapons takes enough damage to reduce its HP to 0, it simply blows up. Something like a fire extinguisher isn’t a big deal, but a flame thrower… now that’s another story.

Grenades
Grenade attacks are handled a little differently, since the damage that they do is not a direct result of the attack, but rather a secondary effect. The attack is made, with no countering defensive roll, to determine the accuracy of placement. An attack roll of 15 or higher hits directly where the character was aiming. Otherwise, the grenade lands away from the targeted area at a distance of 5 ft. per every one point the attack roll was below 15. Then roll 1d8 to determine the direction of the miss randomly. For example, Hector lobs a frag grenade into a crowd of zombie baseball fans. He rolls a total attack roll of 8; 7 points shy of 15… so he missed his mark by 35 feet (7x5=35). Hector then rolls a d8 and comes up with a result of 1… he overthrew it, and it lands on the opposite side of the crowd from Hector. Poor Hector.

Any targets within the area of the grenade’s effect then roll Reflex saves. If they score a result of 15 or higher, that target manages to “bunker down” or dive for cover in such a way as to avoid the direct explosion. On this same save, if they score a result of 20 or higher, that target has the option of picking the grenade up and throwing it away (possibly even back at the original attacker). However… if a 1 is rolled on the returning throw, the grenade detonates in the target’s hand (and no further saving throw is required). After the first save is resolved, there is a second save to be made as listed on the Weapons Chart. If the target is “bunkered down” or has full cover between themselves and the blast and passes this save… they completely ignore the effects of the explosion. If they fail the secondary save, however, they take half damage but may ignore any other effects of the grenade. Someone who fails the first save, but passes their second takes half damage and any other effects’ durations are halved as well. And of course… anyone who fails both of these saves takes the explosion full-on. Boom, baby!

Gun
As mentioned above, a weapon with the “gun” notation does not receive damage when dealing it, when used normally. This is because these weapons all project something that deals the damage, as opposed to the weapon itself. However, if one of these weapons is used to melee with (i.e. a pistol whipping), then damage is applied to the weapon in the normal fashion.

Shotgun
A shotgun deals damage differently than a normal weapon. It sends out a cone of lead goodness to its maximum distance to everything within that cone. One attack is rolled and every target makes its defensive roll separately. The damage dealt decreases by one die per 20 ft. increment (and the cone increases by 10 ft. of width) it is away from the point of origin.

Car
A weapon with the “car” denotation has the capability of dealing damage to multiple targets in one round. The driver chooses her path or route (called a “run”) for that round, making the appropriate checks as needed. Any target(s) that was/were included in the path of her run are considered to have an attack pending against them. The following must be completed for each pending attack in the order that they occurred. The driver makes an attack as normal; against a normal defense roll from the target. If the attack is successful, then the target must make a Reflex save @DC=15 + (Mph, divided by 10) to take half damage. The speed at which the vehicle is traveling when a successful attack is made is then divided in half (rounded up) and added to the listed die damage.

For example, Cliff is driving his Chevy Malibu (classified under the “Sedan” category) at 30 miles an hour and plans out his run through a nearly empty parking lot. His run causes pending attacks for three zombies. He rolls his first attack and scores an 8 on his to hit; the first zombie rolls for defense and scores a 12… a miss. He rolls for his second attack and scores a 17 on his to hit; and the second zombie rolls for defense and scores a 4. The second zombie then rolls a Reflex save and rolls a 20 (succeeding, since the DC was only an 18). Cliff’s player rolls out the damage (the listed Sedan damage, plus his speed in Mph divided in half), which is 2d6+15. He rolls two 3’s, resulting in 21 points, but because the zombie passed his saving throw… it only takes 11 points from a glancing strike of the Malibu’s grill. Now, he rolls his third and final attack and scores a 16 on his to hit; the third zombie rolls for defense and scores an 11. The third zombie then rolls a Reflex save and rolls a 7 (failing against the same DC of 18). The damage this time rolls out as a hulking 26 points and splatters zombie innards all over the hood of Cliff’s Malibu!

Don’t forget though, autos take damage just like any other melee weapon… add that damage up and keep track of it!


DEFENSE

Dead End is a game that is meant to capture the nitty-gritty atmosphere of a zombie attack. It is not easy to avoid the onslaught on bites and rakes made by the rotting corpses of the walking dead.
A character’s Dexterity is normally the only number that is added to their defensive rolls (or Armor Class). Willingly wandering into a horde of the undead should give any character serious pause; thus, this relatively low defense rating. Take them down quick, before they take you down!

When fighting against other members of the living, guns often are involved. For this reason, the use of cover becomes a smart player’s friend. However, sometimes a character may want a little extra protection and armor can accomplish this. Whether it is as simple as a leather biker jacket or a Kevlar vest, or as complex as a suit of chainmail or dog trainer’s suit… all provide some small amount of “ease of mind” when combat comes around.

Instead of armor affecting a character’s Armor Class, it provides Damage Resistance (meaning it takes away from damage that would normally be inflicted upon a successful attack). The GM should determine the DR rating for these items, as well as what parts of the body they would effectively protect. The GM should also keep in mind what the armor is defending against (i.e. a leather jacket will work great against zombie bites and scratches… but not so well against bullets). Something else to keep in mind is that some of these pieces may be combined or stacked!

Depending on the armor, however, the weight or encumbrance could also have adverse affects upon other actions. Things such as climbing a ladder or running for any distance could possibly become difficult (incurring a penalty to the check) or even impossible.


ZOMBIES

When attacking a zombie, only damage to the brain will kill them. Severing any body part may slow them down or immobilize them completely, but will not kill them. Most attacks therefore will probably be aimed at the head. When a character successfully attacks a zombie, calculate the difference between her attack and that zombie’s defense. If her attack beats the zombie’s defense by 4 points or more, then she successfully targeted the head. Otherwise, consult the chart below to determine where the zombie was hit. All attacks to a zombie that do not hit the head are treated as subdual damage. As a GM, take into consideration where the zombie was hit, what kind of weapon was used, and how much damage was dealt. Just because this is subdual damage for a zombie, that doesn’t mean that it can’t take off a leg! It only means that it is not fatal to them.

Zombie Hit Chart
4 - Head
3 - Neck
2 - Arm or Leg (right or left)
1 - Stomach or Torso
0 - Nick or Scratch (does 1 point of $ (subdual) damage.)

Sometimes, a character may want to attack a part of their undead target
other than its head on purpose. In this case, simply refer to the chart above to see how much the attack roll must defeat the defense roll by. For example, Wade cannot shut a door because a zombie has his arm stuck in between. Wade takes his machete to the infested’s limb and rolls a 17 total on his attack. The zombie rolls for defense, and only gets a 12. According to the chart, Wade needed to score an attack two points higher to succeed; and he did!

Subdual damage will never kill a zombie. However, if a zombie ever receives its hit points or more to a single body part, that part is rendered useless. Whether or not this immobilizes the target is entirely up to the GM’s common sense.


ADVANCEMENT

Leveling:
Kills are gathered from two sources in Dead End: zombies and humans. It is possible for there to be “monsters” in this game, but those would be campaign specific. All kills count as equal in Dead End, regardless of the difficulty of the fight.

For every kill made by a character, she may put a tick mark down into the weapon category for which that kill belongs. For example, if Logan cuts a zombie in half with a chainsaw, he would put one tick mark down under Slashing. If Kara throws a grenade, blowing up three bandits, and then shoots another she would put three tick marks under Thrown and one more under Missile. If the kill does not fit into one of the six major categories, place it under Miscellaneous. Kills under specific weapon categories go towards a character’s Weapon Grade Rating Bonus (see Combat section).

All of a character’s kills are totaled together across all categories. For every twenty-five kills that a character gets, their level increases by one. When a character levels, two things change on your character sheet.

Saving Throws-
Fortitude: CON + Level
Reflex: DEX + Level
Will: WIS + Level
Initiative-
DEX + Level

A number of hit points equal to the character’s Constitution modifier are added to her total hit points when a new level is reached. And every third level that a character reaches, she gains one ability point, to be added to any ability that she so wishes. Comeliness is the only ability in which this point may not be spent. So, at 3rd, 6th, 9th and beyond, this ability boost applies.


SKILLS

Each skill (i.e. swimming, trap-building, searching, etc.) is based on one of the main abilities. When your character performs any of these skills, you may add the appropriate ability modifier plus half of your level, rounded up, to your roll. The GM may grant your character additional bonuses or penalties to these rolls based on circumstances or your character’s occupation.


HEALING

A character normally heals at a rate of 1 hit point per level, per night of rest. A character may attempt to treat whatever wound(s) that either she or another character has incurred. If this is done, the person doing the healing rolls a Heal skill check (Wisdom + half her level). The DC is equal to 5 + the amount of damage of the wound that is being treated. If the check succeeds, then the injured character is healed for 1d4+1 hit points for every five points the check result is over the DC (up to the full amount of the wound).

For example, Tina is at 11 hit points and her total is 20. She is down 9 hit points, so the DC for healing her is a 14. Reggie is attempting to bandage Tina up and rolls a total of 20 (a roll of 11 + 4 Wisdom + 5 (for being level 10). Tina heals 2d4+2 hit points (1d4+1 for passing the check, a second 1d4+1 for beating it with a 19 or more).

This is where one place that the character’s occupation and/or background could play a large part. Someone with basic first aid training could receive a +2 to their Heal check, while a nurse could get a +4 and a doctor a +6 perhaps.

However, if such a check to heal a character succeeds, no other check may be made for that same injury for the remainder of that day.

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 10:53 AM
Alright... weapon acquisitions will be explained in the IC thread, but here is the stats for them! I posted these with the coding so that all you should have to do is quote the line and drop it into your Weapons' Chart (which I will also do in my first post). Then you just have to fill in the "_"s with the appropriate numbers for your character!

Francois
{table]Kitchen Knife|+_(m)/+_(r)|1d4+_|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|0|4
[/table]

Mason
{table]Pipe Wrench|+_(m)|1d8+_|--|20(x3)|B|--|0|22
[/table]

Jim
{table]Chair|+_(m)|1d6+_|--|20(x3)|B|--|0|8
[/table]

Blake
{table]Broom Handle|+_(m)/+_(r)|1d4+_|20'(r)|20(x2)|B/T|--|0|3
[/table]

Viola
{table]Glass (tumbler)|+_(m)/+_(r)|1d4+_|10'(r)|20(x2)|B/T|--|0|4
[/table]

Victor
{table]Serving Tray|+_(m)/+_(r)|1d4+_|30'(r)|20(x2)|B/T|--|0|8
[/table]

HZ514
2012-10-29, 01:21 PM
Reading the IC first post...in a word, awesome.

Let's do this! :smallbiggrin:

PS Blake's speech will be a nice, simple blue.

GunnDancer
2012-10-29, 01:56 PM
Hahaha a serving tray?? Awesome. I'm finding some bungee cords and that thing is becoming a shield!



http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100809162121/scottpilgrim/images/b/b2/Chris_Evans.jpg

Character Name: Victor Ryan
Level:1
Kill Total:2
Age:29
Occupation:Olympiad (Modern Pentathlete, Tae Kwon Do [Didn't place])

Height:6'1"
Weight: 175lbs
Sex:M
Hair:Light Brown (Crew Cut)
Eyes:Green/Grey
Skin: light tan

HP: 19
Wounds:0
AC:+2
DR: 0 (no armor)
Initiative:+2

FORT:+2
REF:+3
WILL:+3

STR - 15
DEX - 15
CON - 13
INT - 10
WIS - 14
CHA - 11
COM - 16


{table]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Serving Tray|+2(m)/+2(r)|1d4+2|30'(r)|20(x2)|B/T|--|0|8
--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

Blue UnderArmour T-shirt
Black Jeans
Black Sneakers
Wallet ($60 dollars, 1 credit card, Drivers License, Room Key & Spare)
Wrist Watch
Black leather belt
Smart Phone
Sun Glasses



[b]Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]


Cash: $170
Vehicles:

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 02:09 PM
HZ: Thank you sir! Glad you are enjoying it so far.

Gunn: Yeah... I drew up a list of possible weapons that I could think of given the situation I had chosen and then rolled randomly on it. The only one that I had to change was Viola's... because she couldn't very well wield a chair with her crutches.

Thump: I still need you to correct Viola's inventory please (as per the things I mentioned in the recruitment thread)! Your inventories will be very vital because things will need to be used in new and creative ways and you will only have a few things on you for the majority of the time. These lists are going to need to be meticulously maintained!

Also... everyone feel free to copy their character sheets into their own posts in here, so that you can modify your own sheet!

Erasmas
2012-10-29, 04:07 PM
Hehehe... check out the Population Counter I put in the OP of this thread.

And please, don't hesitate to give feedback, suggestions, or (constructive) criticism! I prefer to be a cooperative GM within the confines of the structure of the game and am ultimately here to provide a (hopefully) good game for you all to play through... and for no mild amount of entertainment on my part.

Obviously, the usual stuff applies - don't post any game-changing things in your posts (such as blowing up the ship or killing someone else's character). You post your character's actions and I post the reactions and consequences. Be mindful of everyone else's good time as well, be polite to one another, blah, blah, blah... kill zombies.

Thump
2012-10-29, 04:27 PM
Ack, I'll do that quickly. Removed pocket knife and clothes, added tumbler.

Probably one of the better intros I've seen, if not in the top three, as a comment. Very well done. :)

GunnDancer
2012-10-29, 04:50 PM
Oh you're evil :smallbiggrin:

I'm guessing that population counter isn't people left alive in the traditional sense!

moomoo
2012-10-30, 02:27 AM
Lol, love the population counter.
Great start of the campaign, can't wait to know what you and your evil mind got in store for us :smallbiggrin:

So, do I get to roll a spot check for my last post? (don't know if it works this way in your system)

Umbranar
2012-10-30, 05:17 AM
Population counter....how reassuring.
Anyway color didnt work so i posted my tekst in Bold.

Mason is ready to go out.

EDIT: I see my level isnt added to saves yet.

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:04 AM
Again, you guys might want to make a post that contains your character sheet so that you can make changes to them. I will be trying to keep updated versions in my initial post here, but redundancy in this instance is never a bad thing!

Thump: Thank you for the compliment, that put a smile on my face! Thank you also for making those adjustments, but I just meant the extra pair of clothes. I fear you may misunderstand me, though. Similar to if the zombie breakout happened to you (yourself), right now... what things would you have on your person? On your body, in your pockets... the reason I am being such a stickler on this is because that is part of the beauty of this game (sure, killing zombies is a large part of it) - the survival element, making do with little at your disposal but your wits and ingenuity. Credit cards can be used to open normally locked doors, shoe laces can be used as light rope/string, and blue jeans can be made into a floatation device (yes, this is true... I have done it in Boy Scouts). I outfitted your character in "my" version of your character sheet above, based on the picture and information you provided... just as a baseline/example. But before we get out of the kitchen, you are more than welcome to make changes (and I encourage you to do so)!

Gunn: The population counter refers to the number of "unkilled" (live or undead passengers)... we shall have to see how many of those are of the walking dead variety.

Moomoo: Thank you... I felt that it gave a certainly level of dread to the situation and it pulls in a little humor to boot. And oh yes, plenty of (hopefully) great stuff for you guys. I have already started gathering 'cruise ship' movies and whatnot for possible inspiration. And yes, Francois may make a Search check, not a Spot... because it is based on physically searching for something instead of merely something that catches your eye (it will be 1/2 your level (rounded up) + your INT modifier + 2 (because you know this freezer and its contents somewhat)).

Umbranar: Hehe. By no means are you guys expected to fight all of them (at least not at once). I fixed your saves in "my" version in the initial post!

moomoo
2012-10-30, 10:14 AM
Francois - Ship's Cook
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-Francois-1.jpg
Character Name: Monsieur François
Level: 1
Kill Total: 1
Age: 43
Occupation: Chef extraordinaire

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 205
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Caucasian

HP:20
Wounds:0
AC: -1
DR: 0
Initiative: 0

FORT: 3
REF: 0
WILL: 1

STR -12
DEX - 9
CON - 14
INT - 12
WIS - 10
CHA - 12
COM - 9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Kitchen Knife|+1(m)/-1(r)|1d4+1|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|0|4
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White chef beret
White T-shirt
Dark blue apron
White trousers
Black clogs
Wallet (170 cash, 3 credit cards, French ID Card, Traveling passport)



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|1
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 170
Vehicles:

Search check:
[roll0]

Thump
2012-10-30, 10:50 AM
Alright, initiative time!

[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:52 AM
Just as an example of where you guys have spent the last hour and a half!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Persephone-Start2.jpg

moomoo
2012-10-30, 11:21 AM
Initiative for Francois:
[roll0]

Umbranar
2012-10-30, 11:26 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

HZ514
2012-10-30, 11:53 AM
Blake Spectre - High Profile Lawyer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-BlakeSpectre.jpg
Character Name: Blake Spectre
Level: 1
Kill Total: 2
Age: 28
Occupation: Lawyer

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 170 lbs
Sex: M
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Caucasian

HP: 19
Wounds: 0
AC: 0
DR: 0
Initiative: 1

FORT: 2
REF: 1
WILL: 3

STR - 6
DEX - 11
CON - 13
INT - 16
WIS - 14
CHA - 13
COM - 11

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Broom Handle|-2(m)/+0(r)|1d4-2|20'(r)|20(x2)|B/P/T|--|0|3
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White T-shirt
Purple Dress Shirt
Gold Tie
Black Dress Pants
Black Suit Jacket
Black Dress Shoes
Wallet ($210 cash, 2 credit cards, ID, fake ID, room key card)



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|
Piercing|2
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 210
Vehicles: --

HZ514
2012-10-30, 11:54 AM
Initiative for Blake: [roll0]

Whoo, natural 1. :smallredface:

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 11:55 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

Hey guys,

If I am slow in responding it is because my internet at home doesn't work (thanks a BUNCH hurricane sandy!) So I am at work making this post just so I don't hold everyone up TOO much but I can't respond a lot... I just happen to be on lunch right now. Hopefully the internet will come back and then most of my posts will happen at night after 7pm EST time.

HZ514
2012-10-30, 12:07 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Hey guys,

If I am slow in responding it is because my internet at home doesn't work (thanks a BUNCH hurricane sandy!) So I am at work making this post just so I don't hold everyone up TOO much but I can't respond a lot... I just happen to be on lunch right now. Hopefully the internet will come back and then most of my posts will happen at night after 7pm EST time.

Hey, be safe! Sandy looks like a mother.

Oh PS looks like you'll probably have the highest initiative =P

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the initiatives you guys! I will wait for Razorback to post his until tonight and if he hasn't shown, I will roll one for him.

Please check the "Battle" section in the initial post! I might not always be able to provide this level of detail for you guys, but I hope to. I know it helps me as a player, so there you have it.

Umbranar: Roll a d6 for me (highest will decide the tiebreaker). Zombie5 = [roll0].

Gunn: Hopefully that is the worst that Sandy brings your way. I am no stranger to hurricanes, and she is a beast of one (at least in size). Go ahead and post your turn, if you can, since it does look like you will be first!

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 05:54 PM
Internet at home is back! Hooray!

Gonna make my first post now! Joy!

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 08:00 PM
Okay... so I'm attacking but I didn't know if I should wait to roll because you had initially told us not to roll without you giving us the go ahead first.

So... I'm ready to roll to hit whenever you're ready :D

razorback
2012-10-30, 08:29 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 08:46 PM
Gunn: I was specifically talking about skills. I have run/played in games where players would roll 14 skills whenever they attempted any action, without the GM asking, so that they would increase their chances at succeeding. But by all means, roll your attack and potential damage!

Zombie5's Defense:
[roll0]

Umbranar: Since zombies are, by nature, supposed to have slower reflexes than you humans (and since I don't want to hold up the game), Mason may win the initiative and thus, take his turn after Victor.

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 09:08 PM
Rolling to hit Zombie 5



Rolling for damage

[roll]1d4+2

GunnDancer
2012-10-30, 09:10 PM
Okay... let's try that one more time

Rolling for damage!

[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-30, 10:00 PM
You hit, and by certainly more than 4 points, so it was to the head! He takes all 5 points, bit is still standing!

Umbranar
2012-10-31, 12:05 AM
Mason will close in on zombie 1 swinging the wrench to the head. Attack roll: [roll0] damage roll (in case of hit) [roll1]

Nice :)

razorback
2012-10-31, 06:53 AM
Character Name: Jim Knispel
Level:1
Kill Total:2
Age:33
Occupation:High School Chemistry Teacher

Height:5'11"
Weight: 204lbs
Sex:M
Hair:Thinning Brown
Eyes:Brown
Skin: Pale

HP: 20
Wounds:0
AC:+0
DR: 0 (no armor)
Initiative:+1

FORT:+3
REF:+1
WILL:+1

STR - 10
DEX - 10
CON - 14
INT - 15
WIS - 10
CHA - 8
COM - 8

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range| Critical |Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Chair |+0|1d6+0|--|20(x2)|B/P|--|0|8
[/table]


Inventory:

Light blue button up shirt
Khaki cargo shorts
Calculator wrist watch
House keys with LED light and mini-Leatherman
Wallet with 2 credit cards, $130 cash, ID’s, insurance cards, room key, pictures
Tennis shoes



{table=head]Weapons|Grade|Ratings
Bludgeoning|--|--|
Slashing|--|--|
Piercing|--|--|
Missile|--|--|
Thrown|--|--|
Auto|--|--|
Misc|--|--|
[/table]


Cash: $130
Vehicles:

Umbranar
2012-10-31, 07:03 AM
Think you have to wait your initiative, alot of players/zombies are faster then you. :smallsmile:

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 09:25 AM
Razor: Indeed, it isn't quite your turn yet. But it is coming up. If you would like, we can just queue that action until it is your turn!

Zombie1's Defense:
[roll0]

Umbranar: Damn... well, you hit (massively, apparently), but you missed the head. It connected with the back (since it was unaware of your presence this round).

Umbranar
2012-10-31, 09:36 AM
No unarawreness penalty aka flat footed? :p

Whats the result of 11 damage to the back?

Edit: nasty, zombie 5 is up next.

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 10:18 AM
Probably, should have given you a +2... but that would've still only resulted in a neck hit. My apologies!

I need defense rolls (1d20+AC) from both Gunn and Umbranar, please! Strike that, Umbranar... Zombie1 is still surprised this round!

Zombie5's Attack {versus Victor}:
[roll0] (normally a +3, with a -1 from "missing" an eye)
[roll1] (bite damage, if it hits)

Zombie1's Attack {versus Mason}:
[roll2] (normally a +3, with a -4 from being all f^cked up)
[roll3] (slam/claw damage, if it hits)

Francois... you're up!
Viola... you're on deck.
Jim... you're on deck second.

GunnDancer
2012-10-31, 11:43 AM
Ack! Get the hell away from me you undead freak lol!

[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 11:45 AM
Definitely a miss!

Moomoo: It is Francois' turn, if you please (it is Francois' turn if you don't please).

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 11:57 AM
Oh... also, as a heads-up! I am going to start trying to incorporate Action Points in the system and see how that works out. It should encourage strong RP and trying cool "cinematic" actions (which will be what earns them)! And then you can choose to spend 1 Action Point on any future d20 roll (before the roll is made) in order to add +1d6 to that roll.

What do you guys think?

moomoo
2012-10-31, 12:28 PM
I would be very much more pleased if I actually would have stabbed that thing in the face, but yeah, nice try I guess.

About the action points, I don't know. In D&D 4E, they also have some action points, but I always seem to forget them in the heat of the fight :)


Francois - Ship's Cook
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-Francois-1.jpg
Character Name: Monsieur François
Level: 1
Kill Total: 1
Age: 43
Occupation: Chef extraordinaire

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 205
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Caucasian

HP:20
Wounds:0
AC: -1
DR: 0
Initiative: 0

FORT: 3
REF: 0
WILL: 1

STR -12
DEX - 9
CON - 14
INT - 12
WIS - 10
CHA - 12
COM - 9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Kitchen Knife|+1(m)/-1(r)|1d4+1|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|0|4
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White chef beret
White T-shirt
Dark blue apron
White trousers
Black clogs
Wallet (170 cash, 3 credit cards, French ID Card, Traveling passport)



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|1
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 170
Vehicles:

Search check:
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 12:33 PM
Zombie5's Defense:
[roll0]

Yeah... there's a good chance that you missed with that attack, but we shall see!

Thump: Viola's turn!

Razor: We can just keep your action since it is almost your turn.

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 12:43 PM
Did anyone take the ice pick and/or the box cutter?

Thump
2012-10-31, 12:50 PM
I didn't.

I'll roll for attack and damage now towards... zombie 5.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 12:51 PM
Are you moving and attacking, or are you throwing your tumbler? I am assuming since you added +2 that you were intending melee?

Zombie5's Defense:
[roll0]

Either way, you hit... killing it! You may put 1 point into either Bludgeoning or Thrown (depending on the way you made your kill)! Oops... your tumbler is also at 10 points of damage, which means that it shatters.

Thump
2012-10-31, 01:28 PM
Hooray, I actually hit it! And... damn. Yeah, I was moving into melee range.


+1 into Bludgeoning.

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 01:49 PM
You got it, Haas. Sheet updated for the kill and the broken weapon!

Way to go, Thump... first true kill of the game! Give yourself an Action Point.
:smallwink:

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 01:53 PM
Zombie4's Defense (versus Jim):
[roll0]

With a +2 for flanking, you tied... which means that you hit, but it only a knick (1 point of subdual).

HZ514
2012-10-31, 01:57 PM
Are we winning? :smalltongue:

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 02:16 PM
You guys are doing just fine!

Razor: I need a Spot from Jim (WIS+2 (for being a teacher on the look-out for sneak teenagers in class))!

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 02:17 PM
Oh... and another defense from Victor, please Gunn!

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 02:26 PM
I apologize for the triple post... die rolls needed!

Zombie2's Attack {versus Victor}:
[roll0] (To hit)
[roll1] (slam/claw damage, if it hits)

HZ: You are up!
Gunn: Victor is on deck.
Umbranar: Mason is on second deck.

HZ514
2012-10-31, 02:45 PM
Yay! Doing some cross-referencing to figure out which zombies are which and which are injured, one moment.

HZ514
2012-10-31, 02:50 PM
Also, what rolls would I be making with my massive STR penalty?

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 02:52 PM
I will be updating the Battle Map at the end of each round of combat (which is, unfortunately, directly after your turn). I have also been updating the Battle Chart to show what damage is on which zombie... if that helps!

HZ: You would be making your normal attack roll (1d20+Level+STR... or minus STR in your case).
:smallredface:

Although, you can also throw the broom handle (think like a javelin)... in which case it would be (1d20+Level+DEX) to your attack instead!

Thump
2012-10-31, 03:52 PM
Thump: Thank you for the compliment, that put a smile on my face! Thank you also for making those adjustments, but I just meant the extra pair of clothes. I fear you may misunderstand me, though. Similar to if the zombie breakout happened to you (yourself), right now... what things would you have on your person? On your body, in your pockets... the reason I am being such a stickler on this is because that is part of the beauty of this game (sure, killing zombies is a large part of it) - the survival element, making do with little at your disposal but your wits and ingenuity. Credit cards can be used to open normally locked doors, shoe laces can be used as light rope/string, and blue jeans can be made into a floatation device (yes, this is true... I have done it in Boy Scouts). I outfitted your character in "my" version of your character sheet above, based on the picture and information you provided... just as a baseline/example. But before we get out of the kitchen, you are more than welcome to make changes (and I encourage you to do so)!


Just reread the thread, so excuse me for missing that. (I'm terrible at that.) I'll just remember to make minor changes as we go.

I'm loving this so far, it's probably the only game out of two where we progressed far enough into combat, and keeping it right at the start keeps people in. Two thumbs up from me! (Almost typed thumps... :smalltongue:)

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 04:09 PM
Thump: No worries! Let me know if you want to change your inventory around at all. As long as we get it sorted before you guys leave the kitchen, I'm fine with any alterations that you want to make.

And thank you very much for the compliment! It truly does make my day to hear that and know that the work I am putting in makes it worthwhile for you guys. Hopefully it stays strong and fresh!

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 04:22 PM
Alright... the updated Battle Map will have to wait until I get here around 9 CST tomorrow morning!

I can post before then, we just won't have the Map update.

GunnDancer
2012-10-31, 05:49 PM
Geez! When did my brain become the Zombie Brain Buffet???

Hey... I'm going to roll anyway but do I get any benefits for the serving tray to block? Also... just a question to benefit everyone but how do we fight defensively?

[roll0]

GunnDancer
2012-10-31, 05:51 PM
DAMN YOU ZOMBIE!

Sigh... I hope the infection isn't passed on by scratches!

So... do I start rolling up a new guy now or wait until I crave brains? lol

Erasmas
2012-10-31, 08:57 PM
Okay... you have been scratched for 7 points. However, don't give up on ol' Victor just yet! ;)

And, you were the first to be injured! So, Fresh Meat - you have earned yourself an Action Point!

HZ514
2012-10-31, 11:34 PM
Rolling for Blake's javelining of Zombie 1. [roll0] to hit & [roll1] for damage (hope that's right)!

Another natural 1. Blake's on a real roll :smallredface:

razorback
2012-11-01, 07:23 AM
Razor: We can just keep your action since it is almost your turn.

Yeah, sorry. I just assumed you'd load him in where it would be.

Razor: I need a Spot from Jim (WIS+2

[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-01, 11:20 AM
HZ: Ouch... yeah, that sucks! Your javelin's location will be marked on the updated Battle Map.

Razor: Yup, no worries! And thank you for the Spot. The result will be discussed in the IC thread.

I also updated my next to last post to include the damage taken by Victor (as well as what Jim saw). Please be sure to check it!

Okay... we are at the bottom of the round. Battle Map has been updated and we will be starting off with Victor's action, Gunn! Mason is on deck, Umbranar!

GunnDancer
2012-11-01, 12:02 PM
Attacking Zombie 2
[roll0]

And... I'm not sure on damage so...

[roll1]
Sound appropriate?

Thump
2012-11-01, 12:07 PM
Out of curiosity, are there any nearby weapons Viola can pick up, since she just lost hers?

GunnDancer
2012-11-01, 12:23 PM
Man if I keep rolling like that I'm going to wind up as zombie chow in no time!

Thump: I bet you can find a pot or a pan handy! C'mon GM, how about it? :smallwink:

Thump
2012-11-01, 12:38 PM
I just realized I'm standing right next to a table.

Is there a frying pan or something similar handy now... I wonder.

*CLONK*

GunnDancer
2012-11-01, 12:42 PM
Clonk zombie 2 on the head! I need some help haha!

Yeah, this kitchen must be chalf full of useful implements... I'm thinking the serving tray won't survive this fight... at least not as a weapon anyway. It might still survive to do some manner of tray-ly duty, but it's warrior days are over!

Erasmas
2012-11-01, 06:14 PM
Gunn: That damage is fine, since I figure you were going with just a standing, one-legged style kick. Here we go...

Zombie2's Defense:
[roll0]

{You hit by 1 point! So the damage goes exactly where you were wanting it to... his stomach! However, with minimum damage... I don't think it would be enough to take him off of his feet.}

And yes, the tray is getting a little dinged up, but don't count it out quite yet. I will give you guys a more detailed idea of what's in the kitchen after your characters are a little less... distracted. That is, if you guys take a look around if/when that time comes.

Thump: Yes there are! Feel free to post that kind of stuff in character too! The box cutter and ice pick (in the freezer), various pots and pans (including a cast iron skillet with... something burnt in it) on the stove, though not currently in reach either. However, within arm's reach there is a big meat cleaver sitting on that table to Viola's left!

Razor: Mason is up!

Umbranar
2012-11-02, 01:45 AM
Attack to finish off zombie 1: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

razorback
2012-11-02, 08:27 AM
Razor: Mason is up!
Do you mean Jim?

GunnDancer
2012-11-02, 08:36 AM
I think he meant to say:

Umbranar: Mason is up!

Erasmas
2012-11-02, 09:21 AM
Razor: Yes, Gunn was correct... I meant to direct that at Umbranar. Sorry about that!

Zombie1's Defense:
[roll0]

A solid hit (and to the head)! Updated the Battle Chart and added the damage to your wrench.

And that also makes it now Francois' turn (Moomoo)!

Thump: Viola is on deck!

Razor: Jim is on second deck!

Also... on a sidenote... I will be out of town over the weekend! We will be at Renn Faire and when we are camping, I don't think there is cell service!

Thump
2012-11-02, 01:18 PM
Could I get the info for the damage on the meat cleaver?

:smallbiggrin:

Erasmas
2012-11-02, 02:32 PM
But of course (if you are taking it, that is)! You should just be able to drop this into the coding for your Weapons Table and make sure to fill in your To Hit and your bonus to Damage!


Meat Cleaver|to hit|1d6+STR|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S|--|0|0

moomoo
2012-11-03, 04:33 AM
Come on Francois, you can do it (EDIT: or not):
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

A question about weapons, suppose Francois heads back to get the ice pick, can he than dual-wield his kitchen knife and the ice pick?

razorback
2012-11-03, 09:21 AM
Chair attack
[roll0]

Crit confirmation (if necessary)
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]


Taking a swing at Gretchen.

Thump
2012-11-05, 10:35 AM
I'll just make two quick rolls for once my turn pops up:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Thump
2012-11-05, 10:36 AM
This die roller likes trolling us. It also seems to like the number five.

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 01:12 PM
Yeah... the die roller on this site in kinda mean a lot of the time. But it certainly seems to have it out for you guys!

Moomoo: He can, but he will take minuses. His primary-hand attacks would be at a -4 and his off-hand attacks would be at a -8! Also... with your action... both of the zombies in reach of you are down. You are blocked from getting to the two nearest you, but you could move towards the doors and around behind the stove and sink to get to Zombie3, if you wish (in which case we can save the rolls). Or you could throw your knife for a ranged attack (which might change your bonus to the attack roll). You would not, however, also be able to grab the icepick this turn, if you choose to do so.

Now for the combat rolls!

Zombie3's Defense (Just in case):
[roll0]

Zombie4's Defense:
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 01:14 PM
Whoops... left out Viola's interaction rolls!

Zombie2's Defense:
[roll0]

Alright... results:
Francois missed (we will determine exactly what happened when Moomoo makes his decision).
Viola hit (in the head) and dropped Zombie2 (the old man)!
Jim missed, but saw something that no one else has noticed yet.

Thump
2012-11-05, 01:17 PM
Forgot to mention, I think it's zombie 2 that I'm attacking.

EDIT: Yep, he got clonked the **** out.

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 01:34 PM
Yes, you did say that you attacked the one that had damaged Victor, so that worked! And yeah you did. Updated the damage to your cleaver, your kill total (+1 to Slashing), and the Battle Chart.

I am going to hold off on Zombie3's action until I find out exactly what Moomoo wants Francois to have done on his turn!

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 01:38 PM
Dammit... double post (again), sorry folks!

Zombie4's Attack {versus Jim}:
[roll0] (To Hit)
[roll1] (Bite damage, if it hits)

So Razor, I will need a Defense Roll for Jim as well, please!

Thump
2012-11-05, 01:43 PM
I'm seeing that population counter tick down every time a zombie dies... that's the number of them, isn't it?

:eek:

GunnDancer
2012-11-05, 01:53 PM
Phew! Thanks for that timely save Thump! Nothing like seeing your hit points drop by a third to make you sit up and take notice!

Hey, goofy question and this will come into play later but I figured I've got time... does this kitchen have a rotissiere in it? Like the industrial sized ones that you use when you've got a lot of people to feed?

Also, since you said we could add stuff to our "equipment" before we leave should I list that Victor is wearing a belt and his shoes have shoe laces and stuff like that?

moomoo
2012-11-05, 02:48 PM
OK, Francois will get the icepick and will save it for later, I got a feeling it can be useful. Better not leave it there. Someone getting the box cutter?

Erasmas
2012-11-05, 05:51 PM
Thump: We shall see...

Gunn: The kitchen you are currently in does not, although Francois would be able to tell you (if he chooses to do so) that the main Galley (on Deck 3) has several. A belt should definitely be listed separately... shoe laces, however, do not (as they will be considered to included with the shoes, depending on the type worn, obviously). I also need a defense for Victor from Zombie3!

Moomoo: Here are the stats for the ice pick (just fill in the blanks)...
Ice pick|__(m)|1d3+__|--|18-20(x2)|P|--|0|0

HZ: It is Blake's turn!
Gunn: Victor is on deck!
Umbranar: Mason is on second deck!

GunnDancer
2012-11-05, 10:44 PM
Waaaait... I'm getting attacked again??? How many Zombies were close to me? Yikes!

[roll0]

Edit: Ohhhh this does not bode well...

moomoo
2012-11-06, 02:55 AM
Added the ice pick to Francois's sheet

Francois - Ship's Cook
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-Francois-1.jpg
Character Name: Monsieur François
Level: 1
Kill Total: 1
Age: 43
Occupation: Chef extraordinaire

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 205
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Caucasian

HP:20
Wounds:0
AC: -1
DR: 0
Initiative: 0

FORT: 3
REF: 0
WILL: 1

STR -12
DEX - 9
CON - 14
INT - 12
WIS - 10
CHA - 12
COM - 9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Kitchen Knife|+1(m)/-1(r)|1d4+1|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|0|4
Ice pick|+1(m)|1d3+1|--|18-20(x2)|P|--|0|0
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White chef beret
White T-shirt
Dark blue apron
White trousers
Black clogs
Wallet (170 cash, 3 credit cards, French ID Card, Traveling passport)



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|1
Piercing|
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 170
Vehicles:

razorback
2012-11-06, 08:11 AM
Ack! GUARD! TURN! PARRY! DODGE! SPIN!
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 01:19 PM
Gunn: Yes... Zombie3 was near the left-most door. She moved around the counter and is standing where Zombie2 just died! I seem to have failed to roll an attack for her as well. Yeesh, with that roll, good luck, Victor!

Zombie3:
[roll0] (Normally a +3, she gets +1 for being Small)
[roll1] (Bite Damage, if it hits)

You were hit! Because of where the attack landing, however, the jeans gave you a DR=1... so you actually only take 3 additional points!

Razor: It missed you!

HZ: We are still waiting on you... it is Blake's turn! Since it has been almost a week since your last post, I will GM-Bot you now. If you do not return sometime in the near future... you very well may become Zombie Chowder.
Gunn: It is Victor's turn!
Umbranar: Mason is on deck!

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 02:09 PM
Battle Map and Battle Chart should be up-to-date.

Also, here is the stat block for the Box Cutter (it will be added to Blake's sheet):
Box Cutter|__(m)|1d3+__|--|18-20(x2)|S|--|0|0

GunnDancer
2012-11-06, 04:13 PM
Rolling to hit and for damage on Zombie 3 (naturally)

C'mon dice gods! Be kind to me!

[roll0]

Damage

[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 04:38 PM
Zombie3's Defense:
[roll0] (C'mon Victor!)

Wahoo... you hit (and in the head too)! Congratulations. She is, however, still up and about. I added the damage to her on the Battle Chart and to your Sheet for the Serving Tray!

Umbranar: Mason is up!

GunnDancer
2012-11-06, 04:42 PM
You know what dawned on me and is making me laugh? I keep setting up Thump to take out these zombies! I'm not complaining in the least (c'mon Thump, keep the trend going and split that buggers head open!) but I think I should get some points in "Assist the bad a** Russian girl*!

That or points in "Meat Shield"!

Erasmas
2012-11-06, 04:47 PM
You just might, Gunn! I am handling the doling out of Action Points sorta like Achievements with Xbox. You do cool things (or sometimes terrible things on accident) and you might get rewarded! Keep up this streak... and you very well might earn your second Action Point.
:smallwink:

Moomoo: Francois will be going after Mason and Zombie6 (that's right... another is about to join the party)!

Also, do the Battle Chart and the Battle Map help at all? Are they something that you would like for me to keep doing, or could you all care less?

Umbranar
2012-11-07, 12:53 AM
Is it possible to pick up the zombie kiddo and trow her across.the counter to Zombie 4?
I mean the thing weight probably about 30/40 pounds and I have amazing strength. If possible I take that square and do some kiddo tossing.

Battlemap is very useful to me.

moomoo
2012-11-07, 08:04 AM
A question for when my turn comes up, can I get to zombie 4 or 3, or is it to small to get there with all the others standing between me and them?

Thump
2012-11-07, 08:26 AM
You know what dawned on me and is making me laugh? I keep setting up Thump to take out these zombies! I'm not complaining in the least (c'mon Thump, keep the trend going and split that buggers head open!) but I think I should get some points in "Assist the bad a** Russian girl*!

That or points in "Meat Shield"!

Well then...

Step right up to the plate, Zombie #3!

[roll0]

[roll1]

If this thing ALSO dies.... my kill tally is going up faster than a monkey up a tree to grab a shiny banana.

EDIT: Wow... those are... uhh... Unless it rolls another natural 1?

razorback
2012-11-07, 09:05 AM
Also, do the Battle Chart and the Battle Map help at all? Are they something that you would like for me to keep doing, or could you all care less?

Yes. One thing about PbP that I have trouble with is keeping track of where everyone is.

Erasmas
2012-11-07, 11:44 AM
Excellent, thank you guys for the feedback! I will continue to update it. And yeah, Razor... I have the same problem, even as a GM, so having it helps me tremendously as well.

Umbranar: That is definitely an action that you could attempt, though you might have trouble getting to Zombie3 from where you are currently. If you move past Blake and around behind the stove/sink area, your 30' movement would only get you diagonal to her. I would say that you could attempt a "counter slide" over the area to the right of the stove... but that's the griddle and Mason would know that it is still hot. So, you could still attempt to move normally and then try it... but you would suffer penalties to grappling her because of the counter's corner being in your way. So, it's your choice... I will give you another couple of hours to see if you pop back on. If not, I will just take the attempt as your action so as not to hold up combat for another day!

Moomoo: You have the same issue. You are blocked because your party members are all engaged (nullifying movement through their squares). You could take the same path that I just described to Umbranar, but (obviously) only one of you could occupy the diagonal space in question.

Thump: Ouch... not a critical miss, luckily, but ouch nonetheless. I will make the countering rolls as soon as Viola's turn pops up!

Erasmas
2012-11-07, 03:50 PM
Alright, posting for Umbranar so that we can move on!

Zombie3:
[roll0] (Attack of Opportunity - versus Mason)
[roll1] (slam/claw damage, if it hits)
[roll2] (Opposed Grapple check; +4 for cover)

Mason:
[roll3] (Defense Roll - versus Zombie3)
[roll4] (Opposed Grapple check)
[roll5] (Strength check - lifting & throwing)
[roll6] (Thrown Attack; -4 for throwing a heavy and unwieldy "weapon")
[roll7] (Damage, if needed)

Erasmas
2012-11-07, 04:32 PM
Razor: Jim may take an Attack of Opportunity against Zombie6 as it comes completely up the stairs to stand beside him. However, he also needs a defense roll (just in case he doesn't kill it with his AoO)!

Zombie6:
Female Middle-Eastern Crewoman {Francois & Mason both know as Yasmine... she used to be very attractive and a favorite 'pursuit' of many of the men - crew and passengers alike.}
[roll0] (Defense Roll - versus Jim)
[roll1] (Attack Roll - versus Jim... if still alive)
[roll2] (Bite Damage, if it hits)



Francois
Viola
Jim
You're up, in that order!

Umbranar
2012-11-08, 02:22 AM
Yeah sorry for the delay, im ok with speeding up.

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 12:10 PM
No worries! I am just worried about losing people (as it looks like we might have already lost HZ).
:smallconfused:

Thump: Viola's turn!
Razor: Jim is on deck! And I still need those rolls from you, please (once again, I will give a couple more hours and then GM-Bot these)!

Umbranar
2012-11-08, 12:29 PM
Map aint up to date after my zombie flinging :P

Thump
2012-11-08, 01:35 PM
I've decided to use Google Translate for rough translations of what she'd be saying in Russian. For those here who speak Russian (if any), excuse the illiteracy of GT.

She does have some right to swear though, she's supposed to be recovering, not fighting zombies with a broken leg.

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 01:39 PM
Umbranar: Mason goes near the top of the round. I have only been updating the Battle Map at the end of each round.

Thump: Viola can actually attack Zombie3 or Zombie4 from where she is. The corner of the prep table would provide them some cover, but they are also both prone!

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 01:56 PM
Haha Thump you are very mean in Russian! It's not as if Victor was asking to get bitten and clawed by zombies! He's a pentathlete, not a zombie fighter! Though... give him an epee' foil and he'll show you! That or a pistol... or a horse... okay yeah a lot of his skills aren't useful right now lol.

Thump
2012-11-08, 02:12 PM
Gunn: Viola is a bit pissed off right now, so she can't really help that. But yeah... she's (about) your equal in fighting, and a bit faster.

Esramas: Well, she can't do much about that, because she can't move past her teammates, and she doesn't feel like stepping on a zombie.

EDIT: Hang on... can she stomp on one of the zombie's heads?

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 02:21 PM
Thump: Like I said, you can actually hit them from where you are... without moving. It would just be around the corner of the prep table. But you could certainly stomp on one of them if you'd like. It might hurt if you do it with your bad leg, but there you go!

Thump
2012-11-08, 02:33 PM
I was thinking of doing so next turn as a cinematic sort of thing for the ROC (Rule of Cool).

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 02:43 PM
Okay, sounds good. So, Viola is passing... it is now Jim's turn. And seeing that Razor is most likely not checking in for now... I will GM-Bot his turn in order to maintain pace!

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 03:04 PM
I will settle Jim's AoO first, and then... his turn. If he doesn't drop Zombie6 with his AoO, then he will attack her again. If he does drop her, then he will move to Zombie3 (and will add an additional +4 to his attack).

I will roll and resolve the Zombies' actions next.

Jim's Stuff:
[roll0] (To Hit - versus Zombie6)
[roll1] (Chair damage, if hit)
[roll2] (To Hit - versus Zombie6 again, apparently)
[roll3] (Chair damage, if hit)

Zombie6's Defense:
[roll4] (versus Jim's AoO)
[roll5] (Reflex save - top of stairs)
[roll6] (versus Jim; if needed)
[roll7] (Reflex save - top of stairs)
[roll8] (Falling damage, if she tumbles down)

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 03:20 PM
Zombie4:
[roll0] (To Hit)
[roll1] (Slam/Claw damage, if it hits)

Jim:
[roll2] (Defense - versus Zombie4)

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 03:38 PM
Zombie7:
(Another) Middle Eastern Crewoman (Yasmine's less-attractive older sister; named Nadia)
[roll0] (Attack Roll - versus Mason)
[roll1] (Bite damage, if hit)

Oh no! Mason just got a Critical Hit on him... and it dealt 14 points of damage! Yeesh!

I will GM-Bot Blake's turn too.

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 03:46 PM
Um... so how many of these adventures usually start off with a TPK??

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 03:54 PM
LOL... it's never been an issue before. I really do think that this forum roller has it in for you guys!

Blake:
[roll0] (To Hit; +2 for charging)
[roll1] (Broom handle damage, if hit; also +2 for charging)

Zombie7:
[roll2] (Defense Roll - versus Blake)

It is also now:
Victor's turn!
Mason on deck
Zombie6
Francois on second deck (after Zombie6 - down the stairs)
Viola on third deck

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 04:05 PM
Sorry guys... I believe in you! You can do it!

Battle Map and Battle Chart should now be up to date.

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 04:35 PM
Okay, rolling for damage on Zombie 3, I think that is the child zombie?

Also, I'm using my action point to really make this stick!

1d20+2+1d6

and Damage

[roll0]

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 04:36 PM
Okay.... don't know why that didn't work but rolling to hit!

(keep damage though!)

[roll0]
[roll1]

GunnDancer
2012-11-08, 04:37 PM
Seriously?? Sorry about the double post guys but this is getting NUTS!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Geez okay so I guess the total is 14 to hit and 5 to damage!

I felt like that guy in Independence Day with the stuck nuclear missile "Fox 1... mark 2!" ...... "Fox 1... mark 2!".... "it's no good! it's jammed!"

Erasmas
2012-11-08, 04:50 PM
Geez... that die roller is really trying ain't it? I guess it doesn't like mixing multiple die types into one roll. But yes... Zombie3 is the little girl.

Zombie3:
[roll0] (Defense Roll)

Damn! You hit, but only nicked her for 1 point of $ damage. She is one tough little cookie.

Umbranar: It is Mason's turn!
Moomoo: Be ready for Francois.
Thump: Be ready for Viola.
Razor: Be ready for Jim.

Thump
2012-11-08, 11:00 PM
Alright... someone's gotta get zombie 3 the HELL off of Mason, or he's screwed. If Mason doesn't kill it, I'm going over there and I'm going to unleash a can of whoop-ass on it.

Rolling now just in case for either zombie 3 or 4, with 3 prioritized if it is still alive, I'm going to use an action point with mah MEAT CLEAVER.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: Finally, decent rolls! That's a 21 to hit and 4 damage.

Umbranar
2012-11-09, 02:25 AM
Will pick up my wrench (as long as it does not provoke an AoO) and attack Z7.
If it does cause an AoO I want to pick up anything around me I can use as a shiels of some sorts.

Attack [roll0]
Damage wrench: [roll1]

If its down I wanna step there if possible (5 feet step?).

moomoo
2012-11-09, 03:43 AM
Francois - Ship's Cook
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Character-Francois-1.jpg
Character Name: Monsieur François
Level: 1
Kill Total: 1
Age: 43
Occupation: Chef extraordinaire

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 205
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Caucasian

HP:20
Wounds:0
AC: -1
DR: 0
Initiative: 0

FORT: 3
REF: 0
WILL: 1

STR -12
DEX - 9
CON - 14
INT - 12
WIS - 10
CHA - 12
COM - 9

{table=head]Weapon|To Hit|Damage|Range|Critical|Type|Mag|Permanent|Dmg Since Last Repair
Kitchen Knife|+1(m)/-1(r)|1d4+1|10'(r)|19-20(x2)|S/T|--|0|4
Ice pick|+1(m)|1d3+1|--|18-20(x2)|P|--|0|0
||||||||
||||||||
[/table]
Inventory:

White chef beret
White T-shirt
Dark blue apron
White trousers
Black clogs
Wallet (170 cash, 3 credit cards, French ID Card, Traveling passport)



Weapons Grade Ratings
{table]Bludgeoning|
Slashing|1
Piercing|1
Missile|
Thrown|
Auto|
Miscellaneous|
[/table]

Cash: 170
Vehicles:

Would I get a charge bonus, as is done in D&D, anyway, if so, you can add this to these rolls:
Attack 1 (kitchen knife)
Attack:[roll0]
Damage (if any)::[roll1]
Attack 2 (ice pick), :smallannoyed: really, a natural 1 -7, wow...
Attack:[roll2]
Damage (if any)::[roll3]

Umbranar
2012-11-09, 04:51 AM
Well normally your cant charge and attack with two weapons in one turn (using your second weapon is together with your main weapon is a full-round action). So you might have to redo or recalc your mainhand attack.

razorback
2012-11-09, 09:53 AM
Sorry guys, they fired someone on Wednesday and dumped a bunch of work on me. I probably won't be able to post today and it looks like I have to work all weekend. I'll try first thing in the morning.

Erasmas, if you could DMPC me for a bit, it would be appreciated.

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 12:01 PM
Thump: That's the spirit (give 'em hell, Viola)! See rolls below for the results. There is some issue with Viola closing with Zombie3 as Francois goes right before you, blocking your path to her. However, you can help out Jim by attacking Zombie4 (which I will assume she does, again, to help speed things along). You mightwill also need to make a defense roll (versus Z:4), if she is alive on her turn... keep in mind that you also get a +2 for cover versus her!

Umbranar: That might usually, but these things aren't real tacticians... so I'm gonna be kind and let it slide this time (plus they both have other people vying for their attention, so it still works). And yes, you are correct about Moomoo's attack, thank you! See rolls below for the results. You might also need to make a defense roll (versus Z:7), if she is alive on her turn!

Moomoo: Umbranar is correct, you can close and attack with one of your weapons. We will assume that that's what Francois did, using the Kitchen Knife (since the other roll ended up being atrocious)... and we'll just pretend that it never happened. So, your recalculated result (with charging bonus) for the attack is: 14, with 3 damage (pending). See below for the results. You might also need to make a defense roll (versus Z:3), if she is alive on her turn!

Razor: That really sucks, brother. I'm sorry to hear that! Obviously, take care of business before pleasure and we will see you around whenever you can manage!

Gunn: That brings us back to Victor's turn!

Alright... hold on everybody - lots of rolls and a big IC post to follow! That also carries us through to the end of the round and I will update the Battle Chart and damages (wherever they go)! I am awaiting a defensive roll from Viola and will post the Battle Map update post haste.

EDIT: Great job guys! You are getting there!... but Jim needs to get the heck out of there!

1
Zombie3 {Young Black Girl in Wonder Woman PJs}:
[roll0] (Defense Roll - versus Francois; +1 Small)
[roll1] (Attack Roll - versus Francois)
[roll2] (Bite damage, if hits)

Zombie4 {Gretchen}:
[roll3] (Defense Roll - versus Viola; +2 for cover)
[roll4] (Attack Roll - versus Viola)
[roll5] (Claw damage, if hits)

Zombie6 {Yasmine}:
[roll6] (Defense Roll - versus Jim {AoO})
[roll7] (Reflex save)
[roll8] (Attack Roll - versus Jim)
[roll9] (Claw damage, if hits)
[roll10] (Defense Roll - versus Jim)
[roll11] (Reflex save)

Zombie7 {Nadia}:
[roll12] (Defense Roll - versus Mason)
[roll13] (Attack Roll - versus Mason)
[roll14] (Claw damage, if hits)
[roll15] (Defense Roll - versus Blake)

Jim:
[roll16] (AoO (again) - versus "Yasmine" {Z:6})
[roll17]
[roll18] (Defense Roll - versus "Yasmine" {Z:6})
[roll19] (Attack Roll - versus "Yasmine" {Z:6})
[roll20]

Blake:
[roll21] (Attack Roll - versus "Nadia" {Z:7})
[roll22] (1.5 for 2-handed)

Thump
2012-11-09, 12:48 PM
Defensive roll:

[roll0]

Add +2 for cover... and that is 12, enough to avoid the thing's swing! Also, that dice roller hates us SO badly right now...

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 12:58 PM
Whoa... thank goodness for that cover, right?!

And yes, it really does. But you guys are almost through it! That was a good round for your party; cut your enemies in half (literally).

GunnDancer
2012-11-09, 01:34 PM
So are all the zombies up to date? I only ask because I feel like zome of the zombies are still there that shouldn't be.

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 02:40 PM
Only Zombie4 ("Gretchen") and Zombie6 ("Yasmine") are left. Gretchen is still where she is and Yasmine is back at the top of the stairs. Several of you guys are in different places as well. I have not updated the Battle Map yet because I am waiting on a Defense Roll from Viola (which I will make before I leave work today, if Thump does not make it before then)!

Thump
2012-11-09, 03:14 PM
I need another defense roll? Alright...

[roll0]

Do I add +2 to that for cover?

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 03:34 PM
Crap on a stick... nope, I'm an idiot, Thump!
My bad. I got tripped up in all the rolls and chaos.
Ignore me (at least on that). I need a drink.

Updating Battle Map now!
Gunn: You may proceed!
Umbranar: Mason is on deck.

GunnDancer
2012-11-09, 03:43 PM
Okay, well after looking at the battle map I'm gong to do one of two things.

IF I can get by Jim and Viola, I'm going to grab a fry pan that doesn't look like I'll burn my hand and go bash zombie 7 in the face.

If I can't get past them, I'm going to grab the fry pan and the can of cooking spray (grease slick anyone?) and go tend to Mason who is in really bad shape.

So how about it DM? What am I doing? Lol

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 03:49 PM
Getting past Jim... no problem. But getting past Viola currently isn't going to work. And I think you may have meant Zombie6 (as 7 is already dead)... but still.

So, you grab a frying pan (dumping out its contents) and grab the cooking spray and head over to Mason. I will update my version of your sheet. Please post your action in the IC thread!
:smallbiggrin:

Stats for the frying pan:
Frying Pan|__(m)|1d6+__|--|20(x2)|B|--|0|0

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 04:00 PM
Gunn: Are you attempting to move Mason, or to do anything about his wounds (i.e. a Heal check)?

By the way, I just reworded the "Healing" section of The Crunch because it was brought to my attention that it was a little misleading.

GunnDancer
2012-11-09, 04:01 PM
oh yeah! Definitely a heal check! I didn't know if I could do that because I had already grabbed the cooking spray and frying pan. What do I need to roll for a heal check?

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 04:12 PM
Well... you will need to explain what you are using and which wound (he has two) that you are intending on attempting to heal. Mason has a bad bite on his neck (14 points, requiring a Heal check @DC=19) and a pretty decent scratch on his right cheek (5 points, requiring a Heal check @DC=10).

GunnDancer
2012-11-09, 04:27 PM
Okay, well I'm going to grab a nearby hand towel (in a kitchen I imagine their must be a lot) and try and deal with the bite on his neck. Is it 1d20+wisdom bonus? If that is the case it is

[roll0]

Edit: I am REALLY hating this dice roller. You'd get better results flipping a coin at this point lol.

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 04:37 PM
Yes, as it states in The Crunch... it is 1d20+WIS+Level (rounded up). But, obviously, the "Death by Forum Roller" streak continues with another natural 1.

Sheesh... you guys just can't get a break. Maybe you should try to injure each other and heal the zombies; perhaps the die roller would favor those kinds of action instead (I'm just kidding... please don't do that).

Erasmas
2012-11-09, 04:49 PM
I am sorry that this is going so roughly for you guys. Hopefully it isn't detracting too much from any enjoyment you might be getting out of it.
:smallredface:

moomoo
2012-11-10, 10:19 AM
We seem to have some little problems, but I'm sure if we get out of here alive, we can handle everything :smallwink:

Erasmas
2012-11-10, 10:54 AM
Not sure where Umbarnar is lurking... but it is the weekend. I will give it a little longer, but I may have to post for Mason again later today or tomorrow.

Combat is almost over with! And then we can get back to some good old RP!

Umbranar
2012-11-10, 11:33 AM
Mason goes forth, furiously!
Zombie 4 please: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-10, 12:53 PM
There he is!

Zombie4's Defense:
[roll0]

Zombie6's Attack:
[roll1] (To Hit - versus Viola)
[roll2] (Claw damage, if hit)

Thump: I will just use that second defense that I had you roll... again, to help speed things along. See... that was the plan all along! Yeah, yeah... that's it! I totally meant to have you roll again!
:smallamused:


Good gravy! What the f^ck is up with this stupid thing?! *sigh*... and so it continues. On second thought, Thump, roll again... just in case it might help out the group even a smidge.

Thump
2012-11-10, 04:14 PM
Wow... god dammit, this dice roller hates us.

[roll0]

Who's turn is it?

Erasmas
2012-11-12, 12:15 PM
It is now Francois' turn... followed by Viola... and then Jim!

Moomoo: Francois is up!
Thump: Viola's revenge (see my optimism in full-swing there)?

moomoo
2012-11-12, 01:17 PM
Rolls for throwing my kitchen knife:
Attack: [roll0] Woohoow, natural 20, take that!
Damage: [roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-12, 02:25 PM
Way to go, Francois (and Moomoo)!

That's a critical hit... which is an automatic hit and does double damage! I am going to assume that you were attacking Zombie4 (Gretchen), as she is directly across the table from you. And that is enough to finish her off!

First critical from you guys and you saved a companion's tuckus... that's an Action Point for you, sir!

Erasmas
2012-11-13, 10:14 AM
Thump: It is still Viola's turn! I will GM-Bot her here in a couple of hours if you are unable to post before then.

And then I will also post for Jim, followed by Blake!

And as long as Zombie6 is still up...
Gunn: Victor is after that!
Umbranar: And Mason is after him!

Thump
2012-11-13, 11:00 AM
Alright then... time to end this.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Attacking the one that just hit me. And a good roll to boot! Finally, our luck may be turning for the better! :smallwink:

(Puns included.)

Erasmas
2012-11-13, 02:02 PM
Good deal! Although, you may not want to place your hand on the zombie to help you stand back up (would very likely provoke an Attack of Opportunity on you), cause she would probably just try and bite your hand/wrist/arm when you did.

Zombie6:
[roll0]

You most certainly hit... and on the head too! And that is more than enough damage to finish her off! Updating the Battle Map and the Battle Chart, along with sheets.

Congratulations, you guys... you survived your first encounter! Each of you gains an Action Point! You may now move freely about the cabin (we're freeform), up to the point when you guys leave the kitchen!

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 02:55 AM
Okay, I updated my inventory and added a black leather belt, a smart phone, and sun glasses.

Good job guys! Things got pretty dicey there for a while... I honestly wasn't sure we were all going to make it out alive... so to speak. Not sure what bites do in this game world... but at least two of us (me, Mason) might be finding out soon... dun dun duuuuuunnn!

Thump
2012-11-14, 10:07 AM
Well, Viola just got hit on her good leg, so she's not going to be doing much any time soon, so she's going to try patching herself, then Mason, up.

[roll0] for me

[roll1] for Mason.

Guess not. What does the kitchen look like? What supplies are in there?

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah... gotta roll to see if I can stop my own bleeding don't I? That's what I get for posting at 3 in the AM... gotta love changing a diaper at 1:30am and not being able to fall back asleep. ANYWAYyyyyyy...

[roll0]

and what the hell... one for Mason too

[roll1]

It's 1d20+wisdom bonus+level? I think that is what you said last time, so that would give me a +2 for my wisdom and a +1 for my level.

Woohoo for Mason!

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 12:48 PM
Gunn: Very good... I updated my version of your sheet as well! And yeah, that was close. But you guys survived, got a little worried (which should be the case in a game like this), and pulled through with everyone in one piece... for the most part! As for those bites - we shall just have to wait and see.
:smallwink:

EDIT: Whoops... ninja'd. Okay, which of yours are you treating first (each wound must be treated separately)? The DC for the scratch on your back is 12... while the bite to your thigh is 8. But your check on Mason will pass... and heal him for 1d4+1 points... so roll on with your bad self!

Thump: You get to add both your Wisdom modifier and half your level (rounded up) to your Heal checks... so those rolls will have +1 to them. It doesn't change a lot about them, but sometimes 1 point can make a big difference. Sadly, the healing on yourself fails. Now, I will assume that with Mason you are trying to heal the wound to his neck (since it is the most severe and has not successfully been "treated" yet). That is a bugger of a wound and unfortunately, it sets the DC at 19. So that roll will also fail.

Here's a general run-down on things of possible interest in the kitchen (there certainly would be more than this... not going to list everything, as that would take too long). If you are wondering if there is anything specific, ask... it might be there!

Kitchen Run-down:

Various pots, pans, skillets
Various knives
6 cans of Sterno fuel
Plates, bowls, silverware
Fire extinguisher
Mop
Food

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 12:53 PM
I'll take care of the bite on my leg first. The scratches... as far as Victor is concerned the only time he's seen a scratch turn someone into a zombie is in Resident Evil... but a bite? So I'm assuming it's 1d4+1 for both my bite wound and Masons?

Victors Bite
[roll0]

Masons Bite
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 12:58 PM
Yes... that is correct! Great job.

First to Aide in First Aid - give yourself another Action Point!

I updated the sheets to display any untreated wounds in red and treated wounds in black. Any wound already successfully treated, may not be treated again today!

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 01:40 PM
Blake:
Heal - [roll0]; [roll1] (for Mason's scratch)

Jim:
Heal - [roll2]; [roll3] (for his 1st scratch)
Heal - [roll4]; [roll5] (for his 2nd scratch)

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 01:42 PM
Jim's failed, but Blake's succeeded (and needs an additional [roll0] points of healing added to it)!

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 05:20 PM
Alright Moomoo... roll me a Craft (Food) check! You may add a +6 to your roll (because it is your occupation) and a further +4 for the "masterwork" tools at your disposal. You will have to do a bit of clean-up before you would be comfortable eating anything made with some of the utensils and pans (many of them have blood on them... as well as the stove, the sink, etc). In addition, eating something with freshly slain corpses sitting mere feet away might turn some people's stomachs... so maybe the bodies can be stacked somewhere (the freezer, perhaps)?

GunnDancer
2012-11-14, 08:28 PM
Quick question... if I try to heal someone else, knowing what I know now about the trick with the flour, would I be able to get a circumstance bonus? I'd like to heal Viola and Jim if possible since we're still in free play.

Erasmas
2012-11-14, 10:47 PM
Yeah... it could grant you an additional +1 (since basic first aid is listed as a possible +2, with this being slightly less reliable)!

moomoo
2012-11-15, 03:43 AM
Craft Check:
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-15, 12:15 PM
Excellent... Francois whips up a wonderful meal for the group!

GunnDancer
2012-11-15, 12:46 PM
rolling to heal Viola

[roll0]
[roll1]

Also rolling to heal Jim

[roll2]
[roll3]

wow... seriously? my dice roller is five crazy!

Sorry Thump... we'll try again in the morning I guess.

Erasmas
2012-11-15, 01:16 PM
Gunn: Which wound of Jim's are you attempting (one scratch is a DC=11 and one is a DC=13). Either will succeed, and I can assume that it is the worse of the two... but I just want to double check first.

Also... you can continue to attempt to heal a wound even after a failed roll; that just takes time. However, once a wound is successfully treated, it cannot be tended to any more for the remainder of that day. In other words - the bite with Mason has already been treated and cannot be treated any further for today (even though he is still down 9 HP from it). However, you can always retry a failed attempt to heal.

GunnDancer
2012-11-15, 01:21 PM
Ohhhhh.... okay. I just didn't want to overstep anything... you can assume that Victor is just trying to get EVERYONE patched up while Francois is making dinner. And yeah, the worse of the two scratches on Jim.

Attempt # 2 on Viola then!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-11-15, 02:01 PM
Great! You healed her for 4 points.
Okay... I'm going to post this here so that it is more easily accessible.

Untreated Wounds:

Jim - Scratch (6 points)
Victor - Scratch (7 points)


All other wounds have been tended to (or completely healed) for today!

Persistant Wounds:

Mason - Bite (9 points remaining)
Jim - Scratch (3 points remaining)
Viola - Scratch (4 points remaining)


Moomoo: I had Blake grab the boxcutter earlier on!
Gunn: Is Victor retrieving the serving tray, or leaving it?

Erasmas
2012-11-16, 12:06 PM
Alright... since no one is posting anything, I am going to assume that everyone has finished whatever they want to do for the evening. I will post a fast-forward in the IC thread here in a couple of hours. This will be the point where everything on the sheets needs to be locked down.

From this point on... if it ain't on your sheet, your character doesn't have it!

Hopefully the lack of posting isn't indicative of a loss of players. This site is terrible about that.

GunnDancer
2012-11-16, 12:42 PM
Woops! Sorry I didn't see your last post... slamming at work... blah. He'd retrieve the tray, yeah.

And don't stress about losing players... thanksgiving is next week so a lot of people are probably travelling or something.

Erasmas
2012-11-16, 01:24 PM
No troubles... and I kept the tray on his sheet, so that'll work!
Yeah, that's true about Thanksgiving. I'm just gun shy because I had a D&D game that completely imploded and my Halo game is struggling on with only two players. Besides, we've already lost one in this one and I am somewhat apprehensive about Razor coming back as well.

Anywho...
Blake and Jim are both going to spend some of their downtime repairing their weapons (mainly just to illustrate how it works in practice).

Blake spends an hour repairing his broom handle... repairing 3 points of damage from it, meaning 4 points are now permanent.

Jim spends an hour attempting to repair his chair... repairing 6 points of damage from it, meaning 6 points are now permanent.

Thump
2012-11-17, 09:54 AM
I'm sorry for not posting as much as I could, I'm just busy with school and work and etc... I'll still try to make the effort to post once or twice every day.

GunnDancer
2012-11-17, 07:02 PM
Rolling to treat the untreated wounds on Jim and myself:

Victor
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jim
[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, would Victor have enough time to look over EVERYONE or would that take up too much of the day?

moomoo
2012-11-19, 03:52 AM
Francois spends half an hour to repair 5 points of damage on his kitchen knife.

Another cooking roll: [roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 01:24 PM
Thump: Don't worry about it! As long as you are trying to post somewhat frequently... we are good. I figured I would give the non-posters a month without a word, and then... they'll probably get eaten. So... possibly a little bit of foreshadowing for Blake, our resident lawyer (and maybe the chemistry teacher as well)! I adjusted the damage on the cleaver for Viola's repairs.

Gunn: Victor is becoming quite the little EMT! Yes, you guys have as much time as you would like. If you want, you could stay in this kitchen for a while... aside from having to find someplace to go to the bathroom, that is (which is probably getting ready to be an issue for several of your characters)! Give Victor a permanent +1 to all of his future Heal checks... he's learning on the go. Also, with the results that you got on both of those Heal checks - as they both succeeded their DC by quite a bit, you get to heal to roll additional healing. On yourself, roll an additional 2d4+2 points (up to the maximum that you were down from that wound, which was 7), and for Jim, roll an additional 1d4+1.

Moomoo: Another wonderful meal prepared by Francois! I also updated the damage on your knife.

Umbarnar: I updated the damage on your wrench as well! His takes some time, just over two hours, since there was so much damage done to it so far!

Everyone: You all heal 1 point of damage overnight! You may subtract that point from whichever wound you may (or may not) have. They were all pretty easy choices (and Victor's Heals will most likely take care of the majority of the rest of the damage)!

GunnDancer
2012-11-19, 07:25 PM
Okie dok... let's see if I can remember everything here

Rolling additional hit points for me
[roll0]

For Jim
[roll1]

Rolling to heal persistant wounds on
Mason
[roll2]
[roll3]

Jim
[roll4]
[roll5]

Viola
[roll6]
[roll7]

Erasmas
2012-11-19, 08:52 PM
Okay...


Victor's wound is healed all but 1 point.
Jim's wound is healed all but 3 (excluding his persistent).
Mason's persistent wound is healed all but 4 points.
Jim's persistent would (the one not already treated today) is fully healed.
Viola's persistent wound is not healed {DC missed by 1 point}.


Also, everyone can make a Knowledge (Local) check {d20+INT+1/2 lvl}. Francois and Mason may get a +4 to this roll!

moomoo
2012-11-20, 02:12 AM
Knowledge(Local): [roll0]

Thump
2012-11-20, 11:07 AM
[roll0]

Hrm...

GunnDancer
2012-11-20, 12:41 PM
local knowledge check... hope I read those instructions on how to move about during an emergency!

[roll0]
Edit: Apparently I did not.

Also... Viola's leg is making me mad lol. I'm going to try and heal her one more time
[roll1]
[roll2]

Erasmas
2012-11-20, 02:41 PM
Moomoo & Thump: Francois and Viola recall enough about the layout of the ship to be able to roughly remember where things are on this deck (Deck 10) and the adjoining deck below (Deck 9, attached via the restaurant).

Deck 10--------------------Deck 9
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Persephone-Deck10.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Erasmas/Dead%20End/Persephone-Deck9.gif


Gunn: Victor did not apparently pay too close attention. And with the heal checks... we are going to say that the reason he has been having such a hard time thus far is because it is an injury on the inner thigh of an unfamiliar, attractive, young woman. But apparently, he got past the awkwardness of it all!

As for healing: everybody is now healed up (which the exception of 4 points on that nasty wound of Mason's)!

Erasmas
2012-11-21, 10:51 AM
As for "secure" areas onboard... Francois would know that the brig in the security area (Deck 1) might be fortifiable. Likewise, the bridge (Deck 8) would be a possibly secure location. Both would be at the bow of the ship, and you are currently nearest the stern.


Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)!
And if you do not... then have a Happy Rest-of-the-Week (and maybe eat some turkey)!

Erasmas
2012-11-23, 11:58 AM
Are you guys going to move out of the kitchen, or stay put, or... ?

Do I need to try and force a bit of action here? It seems kinda like it's stalled.

Thump
2012-11-24, 12:43 AM
I'm waiting on others to post, it looks a bit dead to me.

Erasmas
2012-11-24, 01:06 PM
I am hoping that it's just the holiday keeping people busy. We shall see in a couple of days, I suppose!

moomoo
2012-11-25, 05:54 AM
Hi guys, I'm back, sorry for the lack of posting the last days, but real life ate all my time the last days, now is the first time in 3 days that I'm home for more than 5 minutes when not sleeping :smallsmile:

GunnDancer
2012-11-25, 12:13 PM
I'm alive! I'm alive!

I'm sorry I've been so quiet. I have Strep C (STREP! STREP!) and it took them 10 days to listen to me and send the culture out to the lab after the first two rapid strep tests came back negative. I get it at least once a year so you'd think they'd listen to me but noooo. So I JUST started antibiotics on Friday, so I have been on some heavy duty sudafed so mostly I've been asleep since it hurts to swallow/eat/drink.

But... it still hurts but the antibiotics kind of help so I"m back!

Edit: Did I ever find that First Aid kit by the way? Or do I need to roll to look for it? I'm assuming it's like any standard kitchen and should have one in the room.

Erasmas
2012-11-25, 02:34 PM
Welcome back, guys!

Sorry to hear about the Strep, Gunn! Hopefully you get to feeling even better. And yes, my bad... forgot that you were looking for that! It is easy enough to spot (as is kind of the purpose in their location when installed) and you find it without much effort.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that transporting it could be difficult without a backpack or something, especially if you have to o anything acrobatic and/or fight!

GunnDancer
2012-11-25, 02:58 PM
Hmm... I don't suppose there is a knapsack or back pack handy eh? Lol.

In that case I think I'd take an apron and turn it into a make shift bag by taking the top and bottom corners and bringing them together and using the straps on the sides to tie the whole kit and kaboodle closed. And in the belt it goes!

Erasmas
2012-11-25, 07:58 PM
Fantastic! It will not hold a lot more than the first aid kit in it, but it definitely serves it's purpose and feels like it'll hold up.

You may add "Apron Satchel" and "First Aid Kit" to your inventory (I will update my version as well)!

Thump
2012-11-26, 12:31 PM
Is there any sort of bite-resistant or claw-resistant clothing around? It could come in handy for those who get hit easily.

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 01:08 PM
There might be something like that onboard (heavy jacket, etc.)... but nothing that fits the bill here in the kitchen!

Good thinking though, Thump.

Thump
2012-11-26, 01:54 PM
What types of clothing were the zombies wearing?

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 02:54 PM
Zombie Clothing:

Zombie1 - Bikini
Zombie2 - Thin button-up shirt, slacks, thin knitted sweater, house shoes
Zombie3 - Wonder Woman pajamas (small-sized)
Zombie4 - (Gretchen) Chef smock, t-shirt, slacks, non-slip shoes
Zombie5 - Waiter's uniform, non-slip shoes
Zombie6 - (Yasmine) Courtesy Staff uniform, platform shoes
Zombie7 - (Nadia) Courtesy Staff uniform, tennis shoes

Erasmas
2012-11-26, 08:35 PM
If the party wishes... you can make two more Apron Satchels (aside from Francois' own), one of which is from Gretchen and thus, is severely bloodied.

I need to know who is wearing them and what is going into each of them. Blake will take one if no one else volunteers.

Thump
2012-11-27, 10:33 AM
I'll... pass on the satchels.

The shields made out of tables probably wouldn't work, because they'd be disproportionate to their size (Too big to carry on one arm, but ineffective with two). Also, these zombies seem to be fast, so they would just walk around them.

GunnDancer
2012-11-27, 11:01 AM
Hmm... Speaking of shields... could I take some twine (you know, the cooking twine they use to bind roulades and turkey/chicken legs close and stuff) to modify my tray into a shield? Tired of getting bit... I need some protection!

Erasmas
2012-11-27, 01:02 PM
Gunn: We shall see... roll me a Craft check (INT+1/2 level (rounded up))!

Thump: Since you are having the same idea, have Viola also roll a Craft check, please (you will be "aiding" Victor in the possible creation of these shields).

Erasmas
2012-11-27, 05:00 PM
There is a total of [roll0] additional trays (aside from Victor's) in the kitchen. You know that there are plenty more out in the restaurant, but those are obviously currently unavailable.

Also, keep in mind that the construction of these shields is likely to be quite noisy!

Thump
2012-11-27, 05:13 PM
Well, she doesn't know that there's twine there, so I think I'll let Gunn do the initial check. If not, she'll see if she can help.

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 10:46 AM
If Gunn doesn't make it back here in a few hours, I will go ahead and roll the check for him and we will move on!

GunnDancer
2012-11-28, 11:03 AM
[roll0]

Here goes nothing...

Edit: Ick... and I do mean nothing.

Thump
2012-11-28, 11:36 AM
Well, I'll see what I can do.

[roll0]

Wow, no shields for us. And noise, though.

GunnDancer
2012-11-28, 11:52 AM
It can't be THAT hard! I mean we have the ice pick! If I were there I'd just take the ice pick, use it to punch some holes in the serving tray, thread the twine through the holes to to create an arm loop, and voila. Done!

Lol I wish I could have used my wisdom score instead of my intelligence... I think that would have given me at least another +1.

moomoo
2012-11-28, 12:08 PM
Well, let's see if I can do an aid another to help out here, maybe even with the ice pick, if Francois turns out to be that smart:
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 01:25 PM
Luckily it wasn't that difficult of a task at all!

Viola actually ended up giving you a -3 to the check and then Francois gave another -1 (both kind of getting in the way more than helping, apparently). Even still, you got a result of 7 (11-4) which was enough to beat the DC I had set.
:smalltongue:

For those of you ending up with a shield... you are granted a +1 to your AC (since it is an 'active defense', where armor would be a 'static defense'). Remember, there were a total of 4 trays and whoever is wielding one may not use two handed weapons or perform certain actions while equipping it! Let me know if your character is taking one and update your sheet!

Oh... and the noise definitely attracted some attention. So now, the question becomes - Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3?

moomoo
2012-11-28, 01:49 PM
Let's see which door Francois prefers:
It will be Door #[roll0]

Thump
2012-11-28, 02:03 PM
I don't know if I can use one because of my crutches, so the rest of you guys can use one.

GunnDancer
2012-11-28, 02:11 PM
Okay... I'll use one and take point I guess.

Then (and feel free to disagree) I think it should be:

Mason
Francois
Jim

Viola is on crutches so I don't think she can use one... we'll have to find her something she can actually wear. And Blake will probably stay in the back (which is fine, need someone to pull our bacon out of the fire if things go poorly).

Also... everyone should probably look in the kitchen for a knife or something... I don't suppose there is anything in the kitchen that mimics a heavy fencing foil/rapier eh? lol

moomoo
2012-11-28, 02:22 PM
Francois will take one, if the others don't mind too much, otherwise, he will leave them to the others

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 03:46 PM
Good point, Thump. And Blake definitely should not get one (unless there ends up being an extra one)... for one, he is now an NPC; for two, he uses his broom handle two-handed.

Likewise, because Jim is currently wielding a chair, he will not be able to equip one. Now, if he decided to modify his weapon (or get a new one)... that's a different story.

Mason (who seems like he might have to end up becoming an NPC) will take one of them. And Victor and Francois each have one. So that just leaves one unaccounted for!

Erasmas
2012-11-28, 11:17 PM
I find myself a little worried about and more than a little confused by Viola's "battle cry" about inappropriate hand placement.
LOL

Thump
2012-11-29, 11:29 AM
Lmao

It's because one of them scratched her inner thigh, which she finds offensive. (I can change it if you want, it was for the rule of funny.)

Erasmas
2012-11-29, 11:50 AM
Yeesh... if that map is too small, let me know... I will make the Battle Map bigger (if we go into combat)!

EDIT: No, no; don't change it! It was hilarious, just disturbingly worded.

Thump
2012-11-29, 03:47 PM
Mkay, rollin dat initiative!

[roll0]

moomoo
2012-11-29, 04:06 PM
Initiative for Francois
[roll0]

GunnDancer
2012-11-29, 07:14 PM
Yikes! Okay, guess we're rolling for initiative!

[roll0]

Also... I want to roll a hide check if possible. I'm rolling under the assumption that it's 1d20+Dex modifier right?

[roll1]

Edit: Obviously I'm slow to react because I'm doing my best to stay hidden!

Erasmas
2012-11-29, 09:52 PM
Also add in your level (so your total would be a 5)!

Zombie Tourist:
[roll0]

razorback
2012-11-30, 12:12 AM
Jim's initiative
[roll0]

Umbranar
2012-11-30, 03:17 AM
No NPC Mason yet my friends, missed the progress in the threats (didnt watch the OOC very well though). Initiative: [roll0]

Thump
2012-11-30, 08:00 AM
Hey, zombitch. Take this.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ZIS BOAT IS CURSED

Correction; my attack result is 10, not 11. Keep forgetting that this isn't the Halo system.

Erasmas
2012-11-30, 12:12 PM
Also needed Blake's initiative!
Blake:
[roll0]

Umbranar: Good to still have you around! Mason is up.

Thump: The zombie is 50 feet away from your starting position (assuming that you are directly behind Victor, putting you right outside the door). With your crutches... your speed is slowed to 20 ft. per round. So even with doubling, that still puts you 10 feet away. Now, that's close enough to still attack him, but it would have to be ranged instead of melee.

Moomoo & Razor: I need a d6 roll from both you! Who gets the highest result from that roll, it is then your turn (after Mason's)... followed by the other one of you!

moomoo
2012-11-30, 12:17 PM
OK, here we go:
[roll0]

Thump
2012-11-30, 12:18 PM
Oh. That's what I get for not looking at the map.

Ah well, I'll delay that action, and walk 20ft up to it.

GunnDancer
2012-11-30, 08:27 PM
*sneaksneaksneak*

Shhh... be vewy vewy quiet... I'm hunting zombies! ehehehehehehehe!

razorback
2012-12-01, 09:24 AM
For Jim
[roll0]

Erasmas
2012-12-02, 08:56 PM
So I will GM-Bot Mason if he doesn't post by tomorrow and then it is Francois' turn, followed by Jim!

razorback
2012-12-02, 10:40 PM
Cool, I check in the morning.

Umbranar
2012-12-03, 03:27 AM
Ye weekends are always hard for me.
Anyway I walk up to it and strike:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Checked the distance...ill close in next to viola and ready an attack.

moomoo
2012-12-03, 04:37 AM
Francois will go behind Mason and Viola and wait there, looking around on the way

Erasmas
2012-12-03, 01:05 PM
Razor: Excellent! It is now Jim's turn... followed by the Zombie Tourist himself!

Umbranar: Yeah, I am pretty bad about posting on the weekends as well. Mainly because if I do, I am on my phone and it's a pain to do coding and all of my files are on this computer.

Because of Mason being quicker than Viola (and because there isn't a space "beside" her that isn't blocked by a table), I moved Mason to the space directly in front of her. That means that he is currently the frontline, with Viola right behind him and Francois right behind her. Like last time, I will wait until the end of each round to update the Battle Map (unless someone just absolutely needs it before then, in which case... ask)!

Erasmas
2012-12-04, 10:34 AM
The creature approaches, which triggers Mason's readied action (because he is the only one engaged with him). It then takes a swing at the mechanic as well!

Umbranar: I need both an attack/damage combo and a defense from Mason, please sir!

Zombie Tourist:
[roll0] (Defense Roll - versus Mason)
[roll1] (Attack Roll - versus Mason)
[roll2] (Claw Damage, if hit)

EDIT: Sheesh... I guess the Curse of the Persephone is still alive and well. Nevermind about that defense, Umbranar... Mason takes another whooping 14 points.
:smallannoyed:
Unless, of course, you managed to score a critical hit yourself and deal enough damage to take him out on your first swing! (Notice my optimism.)
:smallbiggrin:

Thump
2012-12-04, 11:55 AM
Well, he hit 8 points of damage to its head, so he might make it! (He rolled in his post above, until he realized he couldn't move that far. We can use that, right?)

Erasmas
2012-12-04, 02:16 PM
Absolutely... another excellent observation, Thump!

Man, it's a good thing you are on top of it today, because I obviously am having one big Mental Moment.

Yes, we will use that roll... meaning that Mason did indeed hit in the head! However, this one seems to be a little tougher than the others, and he is still standing... though dazed enough by that blow to render his attack null!
(You're welcome, Umbranar.)

Gunn: That means it is Victor's turn!
Thump: Take an Action Point for that! And you are on deck after Victor!
Umbranar: You readied an action which triggered, which moves you in the Turn Order. So it isn't your turn yet.
Moomoo: I believe that puts you on second deck (after Viola)!
Razor: You're on third deck!

Erasmas
2012-12-04, 05:16 PM
Hmm... it appears as though Gunn hasn't been around over the course of the weekend or so far this week. I will give him until around midday tomorrow and then GM-Bot, if needed!

GunnDancer
2012-12-04, 07:10 PM
I'm here! I didn't think it was my turn yet!

Edit: God I'm dumb lol. Do I have room to get up next to Mason? Hiding is kind of out of the question but I was thinking I could maybe do a stealth kill since the zombie is engaged with Mason?

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 12:08 AM
No... it's pretty close-quarters with all the tables and chairs in the way. You could possibly go around the kitchen, down and back up the stairs, and come up behind him that way.

Umbranar
2012-12-05, 04:49 AM
Dazed? Nice :P (thx DM!)

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 11:42 AM
Alright, Gunn... so what is Victor doing?

Blake suggests that the two of you sneak around behind the thing.

Erasmas
2012-12-05, 03:50 PM
Okay... GM-Boting Victor for this turn, just to try and get things moving a bit! Battle Map and Battle Chart updated.

Thump: I believe that means that Viola is up!

Thump
2012-12-06, 08:41 AM
Mkay. Seeing as she can't do much, are there any things other than the meat cleaver that she can throw at the zombie?

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 11:28 AM
Definitely... all of the tables are full of plates, glasses, silverware, etc!

Thump
2012-12-06, 11:51 AM
Welp, let's see here. I'll throw a glass tumbler at it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Almost posted on my sister's account by accident. (Oops)

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 01:24 PM
Zombie Tourist:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Viola)

Wow... I never thought that I would say this, but your 6 hit him, in the head!
:smalleek:

Also, thrown weapons get your STR bonus to damage, so you dealt 5 points instead of 3.

Moomoo: Francois... you're up!
Razor: Jim is right behind him.

moomoo
2012-12-06, 01:54 PM
Throwing game:
[roll0]

Damage?
[roll1]

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 02:09 PM
Zombie Tourist:
[roll0] (Defense roll - versus Francois)

Okay, that throw misses! Keep in mind that your knife is not in your possession currently!

Erasmas
2012-12-06, 02:10 PM
Francois' Knife's New Position:
[roll0] (Directional)
[roll1] (Distance)

You overthrew it (the 1 o'clock position... from Francois' POV) and it landed 16 feet away, behind the zombie. It will be marked on the Battle Map!

moomoo
2012-12-06, 03:13 PM
OK, no problem, I'll make sure Francois and his kitchen knife get reunited once this tourist is done sightseeing