PDA

View Full Version : Gregor

Sir_Chivalry
2012-10-29, 11:26 AM
Previous thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206283&page=27)

Thank you for this.

The woman approaches the half-giant bar tender and orders a drink for you and for herself. She then turns and starts a conversation for you for a few minutes while taking the time to study her surroundings. She then indicates the bartender and lets you do the talking.

Gregor adjusts his hat and approaches.

"Hello my good man. I was wondering if you had any oddjobs around here that need doing?"

Monodominant
2012-10-30, 06:37 AM
The half giant nods his head affirmatively.

"We certainly do! Just last week my best dish washer boy quit cause he got into adventuring. So if you are looking for a good stable job that pays well and is here day in, day out we have the right thing for you!" he says and smiles.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-10-30, 11:39 PM
The half giant nods his head affirmatively.

"We certainly do! Just last week my best dish washer boy quit cause he got into adventuring. So if you are looking for a good stable job that pays well and is here day in, day out we have the right thing for you!" he says and smiles.

"I'd love it, as long as we can work something out for hours. I'm a freelancer out in the city for odd jobs, so if that hurts my chances . . ."

Gregor smiles warmly, as much as he can.

Monodominant
2012-10-31, 03:09 AM
Somewhat suprised that you seem to be rolling with it the bartender nods.

"Well yes I understand but when there are dirty dishes you must be here. The Flint is a busy tavern and I cant go serving in dirty dishes and mugs and glasses!" he explains.

"Plus I offer stable income mind you, 3 silver a day and a meal included!" he adds and you notice Sophiana rolling her eyes at you.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-10-31, 11:07 PM
Somewhat suprised that you seem to be rolling with it the bartender nods.

"Well yes I understand but when there are dirty dishes you must be here. The Flint is a busy tavern and I cant go serving in dirty dishes and mugs and glasses!" he explains.

"Plus I offer stable income mind you, 3 silver a day and a meal included!" he adds and you notice Sophiana rolling her eyes at you.

Gregor looks the man in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, my friend wants to consult with me. Excuse us."

He cheerfully walks over with Sophiana.

"I thought you meant he had actual work?"

Monodominant
2012-11-01, 01:28 AM
She smiles.

"He does this to everyone... its his pet peeve to offer jobs for cleaning, washing and generally around the bar to anyone that doesnt make his intentions more clear. Be forthright and forceful but not too much cause he can crush both of us in his fists!" she says

Sir_Chivalry
2012-11-09, 05:33 PM
She smiles.

"He does this to everyone... its his pet peeve to offer jobs for cleaning, washing and generally around the bar to anyone that doesnt make his intentions more clear. Be forthright and forceful but not too much cause he can crush both of us in his fists!" she says

"Alright."

Gregor approaches again.

"Do you have any work for hire of the mercenary kind. Protection, extraction, removal of problem persons?"

Monodominant
2012-11-11, 05:13 PM
The half-giant smiles.

"Oh well... you should have been more clear about that. And more friendly... I mean, I think I might have heard of something but maybe showing some good faith and trying our fine Dwarven Brandy might help me remember while you relax and enjoy it..."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-11-21, 04:51 PM
The half-giant smiles.

"Oh well... you should have been more clear about that. And more friendly... I mean, I think I might have heard of something but maybe showing some good faith and trying our fine Dwarven Brandy might help me remember while you relax and enjoy it..."

"Well, that sounds lovely, your dwarven brandy sir."

Gregor pays the amount for the brandy up front, and then waits for him to take it, having a sip of the drink before speaking again.

"Oh, one moment, I forgot to pay you, here you go."

He puts the same amount down again.

Monodominant
2012-11-21, 05:26 PM
This costs you 36 gold total and the barkeeper smiles.

"Ah, so yes... I kind of start remembering. There are a few jobs that need completing. Take this and head over to the two guards by the door. Tell them 'One paradise bird does bring it'" he says and gives a small wooden token that looks like a coin.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-11-27, 11:58 AM
This costs you 36 gold total and the barkeeper smiles.

"Ah, so yes... I kind of start remembering. There are a few jobs that need completing. Take this and head over to the two guards by the door. Tell them 'One paradise bird does bring it'" he says and gives a small wooden token that looks like a coin.

Gregor takes the coin and walks over to his companion. He explains what the barman said.

Monodominant
2012-11-28, 03:35 PM
She shrugs.

"Ok... go on ahead then or do you want me to hold your hand? Plus I have never heard of pairs going into Flint business... I can wait here." she says as she takes a long gulp of her drink.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-12-02, 12:47 AM
She shrugs.

"Ok... go on ahead then or do you want me to hold your hand? Plus I have never heard of pairs going into Flint business... I can wait here." she says as she takes a long gulp of her drink.

"Just keeping you abreast of goings on. But now that you mention it . . ."

He takes her hand dramatically and plants a kiss on it, trying to oversell the gallantry of the action.

"Farewell my lady! I leave you to your libations!"

He heads off to begin this "Flint business"

Monodominant
2012-12-03, 05:27 PM
The girl giggles at your flamboyant style.

As you walk up to the two guards by the door you see hostile and careful stares from them.

"Yes?"

Sir_Chivalry
2012-12-08, 10:17 PM
The girl giggles at your flamboyant style.

As you walk up to the two guards by the door you see hostile and careful stares from them.

"Yes?"

"One paradise bird does bring it"

Monodominant
2012-12-09, 03:58 PM
With obvious mirth the guard motions to you to give him the token you got from the Half-Giant.

Once you do so they open the door and usher you inside.

On the other side is a dwarf sitting at a desk with a pile of papers strewn throughout. He glances up as you enter and says, "Oh, another one? Sign this and please don't make a mess of my papers." He pushes a paper your direction.

"Standard non-disclosure agreement." The dwarf says.

The walls are bare stone, and behind him is a black door made of iron.

Monodominant
2013-01-07, 08:34 AM
Bump.

Are you still interested in this?

Sir_Chivalry
2013-01-08, 09:47 AM
With obvious mirth the guard motions to you to give him the token you got from the Half-Giant.

Once you do so they open the door and usher you inside.

On the other side is a dwarf sitting at a desk with a pile of papers strewn throughout. He glances up as you enter and says, "Oh, another one? Sign this and please don't make a mess of my papers." He pushes a paper your direction.

"Standard non-disclosure agreement." The dwarf says.

The walls are bare stone, and behind him is a black door made of iron.

Gregor grabs a pen and very delicately signs the papers after reading it.

As far as Gregor can tell, does it expose him to any undue restrictions or penalties?

Monodominant
2013-01-09, 05:41 AM
The document goes to great length to protect the Sad Flint and the various employers and employees from any form of retribution. The non disclosure agreement is enforced magically and it is also mentioned that breaking an agreement given without being forced to do so incurs the usual penalties including the needle mines.

Other than that, assuming you dont try to betray what you see beyond these doors, nothing untoward should happen to someone signing.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-01-15, 01:00 AM
The document goes to great length to protect the Sad Flint and the various employers and employees from any form of retribution. The non disclosure agreement is enforced magically and it is also mentioned that breaking an agreement given without being forced to do so incurs the usual penalties including the needle mines.

Other than that, assuming you dont try to betray what you see beyond these doors, nothing untoward should happen to someone signing.

Gregor signs the papers, sure that not betraying someone is within his abilities . . . somewhat.

Monodominant
2013-01-15, 03:54 AM
The dwarf thanks you, and waves you on through the black door.

On the other side is a well groomed halfling standing between two spiral staircases. "Employer or Employee?" he asks.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-01-25, 11:53 AM
The dwarf thanks you, and waves you on through the black door.

On the other side is a well groomed halfling standing between two spiral staircases. "Employer or Employee?" he asks.

"Employee I think sir. May I ask your name?"

Monodominant
2013-01-28, 03:16 AM
"Right this way then. My name is Gabriel!"

He cheerfully takes you up the left-hand staircase. He opens the door at the top and ushers you on through.

On the other side are long hallways with labels describing the sort of jobs offered along that hall.

The signs all advertise various roles, such as "Protection - offensive" or "Defense - pro-active". Most any sort of hired service that one would want an adventurer is represented.

give a fluffy description of the category you're looking for in the fashion of the examples given and I'll populate the hall with adventure seeds.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-05, 07:52 PM
"Right this way then. My name is Gabriel!"

He cheerfully takes you up the left-hand staircase. He opens the door at the top and ushers you on through.

On the other side are long hallways with labels describing the sort of jobs offered along that hall.

The signs all advertise various roles, such as "Protection - offensive" or "Defense - pro-active". Most any sort of hired service that one would want an adventurer is represented.

give a fluffy description of the category you're looking for in the fashion of the examples given and I'll populate the hall with adventure seeds.

Gregor is mainly looking for a "Protection - investigative" sort of job to start with.

Monodominant
2013-02-06, 03:23 PM
You quickly realise that this place is much bigger than what one would think from seeing the Sad Flint from outside.

You walk down corridor after corridor until you indeed find what you are looking for.

There are 8 doors, 4 from each side, and 5 of them have name plates:

Varus Torian
Margolotha Surlen
Josua Praevus
Edistris Edistras
Valeria Quantis

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-08, 11:01 PM
You quickly realise that this place is much bigger than what one would think from seeing the Sad Flint from outside.

You walk down corridor after corridor until you indeed find what you are looking for.

There are 8 doors, 4 from each side, and 5 of them have name plates:

Varus Torian
Margolotha Surlen
Josua Praevus
Edistris Edistras
Valeria Quantis

Gregor takes the door marked Varus Torian first.

Monodominant
2013-02-09, 07:55 AM
It opens easily. Inside is a bare white room. The only change from the endless white is a black stone set in the center of the ceiling. "Name?" a female voice says from the stone.

"And what sort of talents do you bring with you?" it continues before you respond.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-10, 09:25 PM
It opens easily. Inside is a bare white room. The only change from the endless white is a black stone set in the center of the ceiling. "Name?" a female voice says from the stone.

"And what sort of talents do you bring with you?" it continues before you respond.

"Gregor Kell"

He figures he should be upfront.

"I'm good at finding things out, manipulating people, and getting things to fall into place."

Monodominant
2013-02-12, 08:34 AM
"Those all sound like things that are useful for the client. Can you give a small demonstration though?" the disembodied voice responds.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-15, 11:35 AM
"Those all sound like things that are useful for the client. Can you give a small demonstration though?" the disembodied voice responds.

"Err, of my magic or my skills?"

He looks around.

"I'd need people to show my skills."

Monodominant
2013-02-18, 04:06 AM
"Very well." the voice responds and the wall you are facing slides away.

Inside you see a human woman in her mid twenties in a very business like outfit. She is sitting in front of a small desk devoid of anything but a glass of water, a pen and a piece of paper that is empty.

"Show me then."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-20, 12:06 PM
"Very well." the voice responds and the wall you are facing slides away.

Inside you see a human woman in her mid twenties in a very business like outfit. She is sitting in front of a small desk devoid of anything but a glass of water, a pen and a piece of paper that is empty.

"Show me then."

Gregor swallows hard and enters his spellcasting stance.

"I'm possessed of the common spells of glittering dust and cloaking from sight. The various multitudes of enchantments which turn people to my will, what shall I show first?"

Monodominant
2013-02-27, 10:16 AM
"Try to disappear from my sight and then to bend me to your will" she replies with a bored, disbelieving tone.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-27, 10:15 PM
"Try to disappear from my sight and then to bend me to your will" she replies with a bored, disbelieving tone.

Gregor casts Invisibility* and then Charm Person (DC 15)

*- if using the Sleight of Hand to conceal spellcasting option [roll0]

Monodominant
2013-03-03, 04:53 PM
The woman nods after you go invisible she shakes her head when you cast charm and smiles.

"Fair enough. I guess it will be sufficient. Is there anything you want to know about the employer?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-04, 03:44 PM
The woman nods after you go invisible she shakes her head when you cast charm and smiles.

"Fair enough. I guess it will be sufficient. Is there anything you want to know about the employer?"

"I find it's best to not ask too many questions."

Gregor reappears.

"But is there anything I should know?"

Monodominant
2013-03-05, 02:17 PM
"You can ask questions about the employer. The facilitators of the Sad Flint can provide information one would find about the employer with a basic level of research.

We cannot offer information on the mission as that is between the client and you, as is the reward offered."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-06, 05:42 PM
"You can ask questions about the employer. The facilitators of the Sad Flint can provide information one would find about the employer with a basic level of research.

We cannot offer information on the mission as that is between the client and you, as is the reward offered."

"Sounds like my kind of work. When do I start?"

Monodominant
2013-03-11, 03:24 AM
She gives you a small piece of paper with the name of the client and an address of a house in the Temple Quarter.

"You can go to the client and discuss details about payment and the job itself. Please report when you are done with the mission... either failure, success or abandonment."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-29, 12:56 AM
She gives you a small piece of paper with the name of the client and an address of a house in the Temple Quarter.

"You can go to the client and discuss details about payment and the job itself. Please report when you are done with the mission... either failure, success or abandonment."

OOC: Sorry, my father was in the hospital, things kinda went crazy for me. I know I haven't been attentive as it is.

"Understood, I'll make haste."

Gregor leaves and rendezvous with his associate.

"I'm to go to the Temple Quarter. Would you like to come with or stay around here?"

Monodominant
2013-03-29, 08:13 AM
OOC: Sorry to hear that mate. Hope its nothing serious and that he is okay now.

"I will join you! Havent been on that part of town many times and its always a pleasure to go on a stroll" she says with a smirk as she gets up and follows you.

*Fast Forward to the TQ*

Entering the Temple District, he finds himself outside the temple of Pelor (http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/pjpeg/37716d3423a654bdbbb1b92b223a9cedc158e54c.pjpg), which is surrounded by the thick, circular outer wall. A sense of power seems to linger in the air. The large front door to the temple stands open, and can be seen from the gate in the outer wall, revealing a large statue of Pelor sitting cross legged with open arms, welcoming his children into the temple. A gold sun the size of a troll tops the temple.

Barely a block away stands the opposite of the grand temple of Pelor. The modest temple of Bahamut is simple and avoids the baroque and heavy ornamentations of many of the other temples. It seems to be made of rather plain stone, though the inside of front door is inlaid with Bahamut's holy symbol wrought in platinum, the only ornamentation visible on the temple.

The twin temples to Solaron and Minrhet are two blocks west and one north of Pelor. The one on the right features a bronze lantern-shaped building that seems to glow internally. The one on the left has a draconic theme, showing chromatic and metallic dragons working together. The buildings are connected by a spiral tower that mixes the two themes. Four small shrines are located, one each, at the four external corners of the buildings.

Not far away, a great library stands in the district, the main doors watched over by priestesses in dark emerald green robes.

Hundreds of small temples, shrines, and small statues line every street as far as the eye can see dedicated to all manner of gods, goddesses, and pantheons.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-14, 04:05 PM
OOC: Sorry to hear that mate. Hope its nothing serious and that he is okay now.

"I will join you! Havent been on that part of town many times and its always a pleasure to go on a stroll" she says with a smirk as she gets up and follows you.

*Fast Forward to the TQ*

Entering the Temple District, he finds himself outside the temple of Pelor (http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/pjpeg/37716d3423a654bdbbb1b92b223a9cedc158e54c.pjpg), which is surrounded by the thick, circular outer wall. A sense of power seems to linger in the air. The large front door to the temple stands open, and can be seen from the gate in the outer wall, revealing a large statue of Pelor sitting cross legged with open arms, welcoming his children into the temple. A gold sun the size of a troll tops the temple.

Barely a block away stands the opposite of the grand temple of Pelor. The modest temple of Bahamut is simple and avoids the baroque and heavy ornamentations of many of the other temples. It seems to be made of rather plain stone, though the inside of front door is inlaid with Bahamut's holy symbol wrought in platinum, the only ornamentation visible on the temple.

The twin temples to Solaron and Minrhet are two blocks west and one north of Pelor. The one on the right features a bronze lantern-shaped building that seems to glow internally. The one on the left has a draconic theme, showing chromatic and metallic dragons working together. The buildings are connected by a spiral tower that mixes the two themes. Four small shrines are located, one each, at the four external corners of the buildings.

Not far away, a great library stands in the district, the main doors watched over by priestesses in dark emerald green robes.

Hundreds of small temples, shrines, and small statues line every street as far as the eye can see dedicated to all manner of gods, goddesses, and pantheons.

"Wow." Gregor stops and stares slack-jawed at the temple of Pelor.

"I must find a reason to come back this way. Well, let's go find that address."

Gregor consults the note and makes his way there.

Monodominant
2013-04-14, 05:24 PM
You finally reach the house indicated on the note. Its a small two story building. The ground floor is occupied by a little store selling religious paraphernalia and various scented oils.

There is an outside ladder leading to the door of the second floor.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-21, 12:10 AM
You finally reach the house indicated on the note. Its a small two story building. The ground floor is occupied by a little store selling religious paraphernalia and various scented oils.

There is an outside ladder leading to the door of the second floor.

Gregor climbs the outside ladder and knocks on the door, as politely as he can.

Monodominant
2013-04-21, 04:25 AM
After a few moments the door opens and you see a middle aged human of exquisite features. He is wearing fine clerical robes of black satin and has a large golden holy symbol clatched in his other hand. (Knowledge Religion to tell the god).

"Yes? How can I help you?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-02, 12:03 AM
After a few moments the door opens and you see a middle aged human of exquisite features. He is wearing fine clerical robes of black satin and has a large golden holy symbol clatched in his other hand. (Knowledge Religion to tell the god).

"Yes? How can I help you?"

Religion: [roll0]

"Yes, hello, I'm with the local neighbourhood council. I was wondering if you had a few minutes to describe a new proposed public work that will improve cart flow?"

Monodominant
2013-05-03, 05:53 AM
He looks at you confused.

"Err... sorry what? I do have some time but if this is some kind of scheme..." he begins but lets you in.

The front room is clean and tidy and almost devoid of furniture. It just has a couple of coat hangers and 2 empty guest beds. There is a further door blocking this one from the next room.

You recognise the holy symbol as that of Hestia. A Godess of protection, kindness and charity. You do not know much about her other, as it is rather minor, other than that its clergy is generally regarded as great scholars that spend time researching ways to help the poor and free the masses from hunger and suffering.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-08, 10:47 PM
He looks at you confused.

"Err... sorry what? I do have some time but if this is some kind of scheme..." he begins but lets you in.

The front room is clean and tidy and almost devoid of furniture. It just has a couple of coat hangers and 2 empty guest beds. There is a further door blocking this one from the next room.

You recognise the holy symbol as that of Hestia. A Godess of protection, kindness and charity. You do not know much about her other, as it is rather minor, other than that its clergy is generally regarded as great scholars that spend time researching ways to help the poor and free the masses from hunger and suffering.

"No scheme sir. May I come in?"

Monodominant
2013-05-09, 02:37 AM
The cleric seems still unconvinced but moves aside to let you in.

He takes you past this front room to the house proper. Its also pretty spartan in appearance but there is a wooden table with 6 chairs set around it and a wooden jug and wooden glasses all around.

You also notice that there are more beds here, despite the room functioning as a living room. They are currently unoccupied.

The man offers you a chair and sits across you.

"Speak then." he says calmly.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-12, 11:55 PM
The cleric seems still unconvinced but moves aside to let you in.

He takes you past this front room to the house proper. Its also pretty spartan in appearance but there is a wooden table with 6 chairs set around it and a wooden jug and wooden glasses all around.

You also notice that there are more beds here, despite the room functioning as a living room. They are currently unoccupied.

The man offers you a chair and sits across you.

"Speak then." he says calmly.

"There is new initiatives being founded in the smoothing of roads, and the necessary work will be done shortly. My employers were wondering if you, as an esteemed mage of some skill, could help with your spellcraft?"

Monodominant
2013-05-13, 10:31 AM
"Ah see... I told you, you have the wrong person. I am actually a cleric, not a mage... so I cannot help you with that. I mean I can still probably use part of my knowledge on spellcraft but its not a talent I have developed. You would be better off seeking help at the University." he says and goes to get up once more.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-30, 04:47 PM
"Ah see... I told you, you have the wrong person. I am actually a cleric, not a mage... so I cannot help you with that. I mean I can still probably use part of my knowledge on spellcraft but its not a talent I have developed. You would be better off seeking help at the University." he says and goes to get up once more.

"I'll level with you then sir. I have been sent . . . to acquire your talents for my master, a wealthy and influential noble. Tell me, are you up to date on current affairs?"

Monodominant
2013-05-31, 02:44 AM
"More or less I guess. I, or rather we of my order, are mostly dealing with matters of faith in this quarter. We do off course hear of what is happening in the city and we try to help those that need help but I am unsure if you are referring to something specifically..." he explains.

"Who is your master by the way and what does he need of me?"