PDA

View Full Version : Outsider question.

Lost in books
2012-10-29, 08:48 PM
As a human I am native to my plane, but if I travel to another plane do I become an outsider in that plane?

I remember something about outsiders being able to take a feat to loose or change their outsider status.

Is there a feat, spell, item, or ceremony that can give a human outsider type temporarily or permanently?

I know of the otherworldy regional feat but I am looking for something that can change it after level 1.

eggs
2012-10-29, 08:50 PM
No on becoming an Outsider, but the human does gain the Extraplanar subtype (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#extraplanarSubtype).

TuggyNE
2012-10-29, 09:49 PM
The term Outsider is a bit misleading; it actually refers to more of a physical representation of an ethical and moral position, not a creature from another plane as such. What you're looking for, as eggs said, is the extraplanar subtype, which is added and removed automatically and essentially makes you vulnerable to dismissal and a few other things.

So no, you don't have a convenient way to get better RHD and lots of useful traits just by plane-hopping.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-29, 09:53 PM
^They've got the right of it.

Outsider is a type that includes immortal creatures with few-to-no biological requirements that're composed primarily of either primal elemental essence or the cosmic forces of alignment given form.

A human never fits that description. He just gets the extraplanar subtype tacked on if he leaves the material, just like any outsider gets it on any plane to which they aren't native. Do note that outsiders on their home plane don't have the extraplanar subtype and aren't subject to dismissal or banishment there.