PDA

View Full Version : Easy access to Spring Attack/Jaunter PrC

Alleran
2012-10-30, 12:34 AM
The Jaunter PrC is found in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. It's a 4-level prestige class that includes some nice movement-related abilities (baleful transposition, teleport, plane shift, that sort of thing), requires a generally high DEX (since the ability that gives the movement powers is keyed to DEX), and so on and so forth. I'd like to know if it's possible to enter the class at second level (off a 1st level Bard, if possible, but I'm happy with other options as well), or at 3rd level at the very latest via early-entry tricks. The requirements:

Knowledge (the planes) 4 ranks.
Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack.
Must have visited two or more planes other than his home plane.

The skill ranks aren't hard to get. The "visited two or more planes" part is tricky, but can be swung with some creative/inventive backstory or an exotic 1st level adventure.

The problem comes from the three-feat chain, or more specifically the final one (Spring Attack). Dodge and Mobility just have a DEX 13 requirement (and Mobility requires Dodge as a pre-req), and can be obtained with either a 1st level feat plus a flaw, or a human bonus feat if the character is human (I haven't yet decided, though it'll probably be an elf, meaning I'll need a flaw). Spring Attack, however, demands a +4 BAB. Is there a way to get around this, such as with another feat that might "count as" Spring Attack for pre-reqs (a replacement pre-req, that is), a way of getting the feat despite normal prerequisites, an ACF for a class that functions the same as Spring Attack, a martial maneuver, or basically anything that will get around this problem?

eggs
2012-10-30, 12:57 AM
All I can think of is deliberately misusing/RAW-abusing the Martial Monk from Dragon #310.

TuggyNE
2012-10-30, 01:29 AM
BAB requirements are essentially impossible to circumvent without extreme cheese that often pushes a build right into TO. Pretty sure there's some loony Dusk Giant/level drain/Inspire Greatness cheese that can do this; also pretty sure you shouldn't really try, unless you're already into about the Team Solars level of op.

I'm not aware off-hand of any substitutes for Spring Attack, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-30, 06:17 AM
Varags (MM IV) gain Spring Attack ans Run as bonus feats, have decent melee stats (though, you'll probably be dumb as brick, they have -4 Int or something like that); but they have 3 RHD and either LA +1 or +2.

darksolitaire
2012-10-30, 07:16 AM
Their LA is +2, which means that it takes long time to buy it off. And that Humanoid hit dice isn't so hot. :smallfrown:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-30, 07:46 AM
I could have swore they were monstrous humanoids...

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 09:12 AM
they are goblinoid specifically...

Dusk Eclipse
2012-10-30, 09:41 AM
I think my mind tryed to protect myself from utter dissapointment, since Humanoid RHD sucks beyond measure while Monstrous Humanoids are far more palatable.