PDA

View Full Version : Elf hating [3.5]

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 09:33 AM
So for this little thread I have some thoughts in mind that I would like to roll with.
the PrC Kinslayer from Drow of the Underdark is a fun class but limited and wanted to make one but wasnt sure how to go about getting into the class in the most efficient way.
pre-reqs are 4 non-fighter feats and that you be a drow.
endurance, diehard, unspeakable vow and vow of vengeance.

with pre reqs like that my first thought would be to go ranger to enter but really would like some help with ideas on how to get into this class with good potential of being effective.

Edit:
so thoughts are as such

scout 6/ kinslayer X
ranger 6/ kinslayer X
ranger 3/ scout 4/ kinslayer X (swift hunter option)

Snowbluff
2012-10-30, 09:42 AM
Using flaws would help.

I think Crusader gets Die Hard as a feat.

HunterColt22
2012-10-30, 09:52 AM
Using flaws would help.

I think Crusader gets Die Hard as a feat.

It should also be noted going this route you will be limited to extremes. Either Chaotic or Lawful, crusaders are never neutral. I have this nagging that there are better options to get in and some classes that get one of either endurance or die hard as bonus feats. I just can't recall which.

Edit: I just thought of something funny but can't happen without DM approval. Having a Thri-Kreen be raised by a drow society, again fluff wise you might be able to get a DM to approve him to taking, but just a funny thought considering Thri Kreen love to eat elves.

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 09:55 AM
thus i was kinda thinking ranger that gets endurance at 3, 3rd lvl feat could be diehard, unspeakable vow at 1, vow of vengeance at 6 lvl 1 kinslayer at 7, no flaws and first level of PrC at 7s not bad...
or take 2 flaws and be in at 4th...

Snowbluff
2012-10-30, 09:55 AM
Um... Scout can get Endurance as a bonus feat as well.

Also, that Thri suggestion is pretty funny. :smallsmile:

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 09:58 AM
...ew... forgot about scouts having access to it as a bonus feat...
that thri thing would be funny indeed!

HunterColt22
2012-10-30, 10:05 AM
"What are you doing?" "Making my special stew clutch mate, you loved it at mother's anniversary of becoming a cleric of Loth." "I have just never seen you make it before, what is that, goose liver?" "Silver elf actually, with a hint of wood elf for flavor." "... I thought I hated them, but holy ****."

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 10:06 AM
"What are you doing?" "Making my special stew clutch mate, you loved it at mother's anniversary of becoming a cleric of Loth." "I have just never seen you make it before, what is that, goose liver?" "Silver elf actually, with a hint of wood elf for flavor." "... I thought I hated them, but holy ****."

LOL! Actually fell out of my chair laughing at that!

silverwolfer
2012-10-30, 10:09 AM
Hating elf's is a fashion statement of all editions

HunterColt22
2012-10-30, 10:31 AM
In all seriousness though, scout and ranger my be better bets if you are not either familiar with ToB or, you dislike being an extreme on alignment. Go Ranger if you want some spells and a companion, which honestly isn't bad, along with supplemental wep styles to choose, or scout if you want trapfinding, damage similar to a rogue's SA but easier to hit with, or you could just combine the two and become a swift hunter for the first 7 levels. :smallamused:

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 10:33 AM
In all seriousness though, scout and ranger my be better bets if you are not either familiar with ToB or, you dislike being an extreme on alignment. Go Ranger if you want some spells and a companion, which honestly isn't bad, along with supplemental wep styles to choose, or scout if you want trapfinding, damage similar to a rogue's SA but easier to hit with, or you could just combine the two and become a swift hunter for the first 7 levels. :smallamused:

the swift hunter idea might actually be a better idea then getting into the class faster just because it would be fun and RUDE!

HunterColt22
2012-10-30, 11:35 AM
How long of a PRC is kinslayer anyway?

ojayaba
2012-10-30, 11:42 AM
How long of a PRC is kinslayer anyway?

10 levels with some rage and smiting

nedz
2012-10-30, 01:56 PM
Scout 4 gets you a bonus feat, unfortunately the only one on your list which qualifies is Endurance. So a Scout 4/Ranger 3 doesn't help much, except that you get a free feat from the Scout bonus list. You also have no space in your build for Swift Hunter until 9th. The other feat which is quite nice here is Improved Skirmish, but that looks like being delayed until 12th.

Mithril Leaf
2012-10-30, 03:00 PM
Wait a minute, this has nothing to do with Dwarf Fortress does it? That's what hating elves always makes me think.
If you can get some sort of good damage from your stats or weapons, I'd go with Ranger. If you're lacking for damage, I'd say scout is probably the better option.