PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder OOC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Finkmilkana
2013-01-16, 01:05 PM
Hmm, medium armor makes him so slow, but I guess if no one else wants it, I'll take it.

Starbin
2013-01-16, 01:28 PM
Well, I haven't been too concerned with equipment just yet ... I figured our employers might actually provide us with basic items. That being said, definitely keep the loot just in case. Rekker doesn't want to be slowed down either, but I suppose it depends on the situation.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-17, 02:23 PM
Speaking of equipment, now's the time when you get to buy some!

Sort of. Basically, Tiadora's going to eventually get you each 200GP worth of items. So go ahead and put together a list for your character.

You're also going to each get, free of charge, a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus, and something SPECIAL.

(Not gonna give it away. You'll see when your items get delivered.)

Morbis Meh
2013-01-17, 02:32 PM
Speaking of equipment, now's the time when you get to buy some!

Sort of. Basically, Tiadora's going to eventually get you each 200GP worth of items. So go ahead and put together a list for your character.

You're also going to each get, free of charge, a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus, and something SPECIAL.

(Not gonna give it away. You'll see when your items get delivered.)

I have all the bling now... dual deity symbols... too bad my character is 100% equipment independant. Eg no need for weapons/armor so what to ask for...?

Starbin
2013-01-17, 03:08 PM
Well ... how much does 200 gp buy in small children? :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-01-17, 03:15 PM
Well ... how much does 200 gp buy in small children? :smallbiggrin:

...I was thinking the same thing Team Scrog FOREVER!

Frivolous
2013-01-18, 11:03 AM
I have all the bling now... dual deity symbols... too bad my character is 100% equipment independant. Eg no need for weapons/armor so what to ask for...?

Scrolls and potions, perhaps?

Caltrops?

Morbis Meh
2013-01-18, 11:16 AM
Scrolls and potions, perhaps?

Caltrops?

I am probably going to go for potions and scrolls, though I was damn tempted to ask for a pseudodragon lol

Frivolous
2013-01-18, 11:18 AM
I am probably going to go for potions and scrolls, though I was damn tempted to ask for a pseudodragon lol

Vials of acid and alchemist's fire sound good, too.

I can just imagine Nana pouring acid into someone's... well.

Morbis Meh
2013-01-18, 11:31 AM
Vials of acid and alchemist's fire sound good, too.

I can just imagine Nana pouring acid into someone's... well.

Nah, i will limit the amount of battle use consumables, the haunted curse makes it irksome to deal with.

Starbin
2013-01-20, 03:28 PM
For the record, I figure Rekker hasn't spoken with Sirin yet ... I figure if you went by, he would be at the gym.

Frivolous
2013-01-20, 08:43 PM
For the record, I figure Rekker hasn't spoken with Sirin yet ... I figure if you went by, he would be at the gym.

Acknowledged.

Sirin will tell Rekker the same as she told the others once she sees him again. Shouldn't be too long.

Starbin
2013-01-22, 01:15 PM
Sense Motive (yeah right!): [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-01-23, 12:43 PM
Sorry, LD. I got mixed up and thought that Trik had mentioned the White Ravens to Sirin.

After I noticed he had not done that, I changed it to 'your group' instead.

In other news:

I plan on having Sirin multiclass as a cleric sometime in the future, probably with the domains Fire and Trickery. Maybe at Level 5 or Level 3.

Some of the reasons:

1. It's her other favored class, and it seems a waste not to.

2. Her Fortitude and Will saves suck.

3. It would be nice to have access to the Cleric spell list.

If anyone has an opinion about this, please let me know.

Morbis Meh
2013-01-23, 01:55 PM
Sorry, LD. I got mixed up and thought that Trik had mentioned the White Ravens to Sirin.

After I noticed he had not done that, I changed it to 'your group' instead.

In other news:

I plan on having Sirin multiclass as a cleric sometime in the future, probably with the domains Fire and Trickery. Maybe at Level 5 or Level 3.

Some of the reasons:

1. It's her other favored class, and it seems a waste not to.

2. Her Fortitude and Will saves suck.

3. It would be nice to have access to the Cleric spell list.

If anyone has an opinion about this, please let me know.

Not really needed per se you don't get much overlap with the two, if you want a divine class that would work well with the rogue, may I suggest the inquisitor? You get access to a good skills, lots of skill points, some divine spells (it usually to focus as a caster if you want to be a caster... multiclassing them hurt), you get the benefit of a single domain power, boost to fort and will saves and other tidbits like judgements.

If there was a PrC that mixed the two I would encourage it whole heartedly but sadly that isn't the case.

Starbin
2013-01-23, 05:17 PM
Frivolous - take a look at the Infiltrator Inquisition - the special abilities seem to match with the way you play Sirin (hiding alignment, bonuses to your ability to defeat detect lies spells, etc). I especially like Guileful Lore, which lets you add your Wis mod (if any) to your Bluff and Diplomacy ... free bonuses!

Morbis Meh - Okay, I thought Scrag was my favorite of your characters, but Jodiah might have moved up with that last move. I can't say I understood the whole "Museum Tour" phase, but 'Spitefully Evil' I understand and applaud!

Morbis Meh
2013-01-23, 05:27 PM
Frivolous - take a look at the Infiltrator Inquisition - the special abilities seem to match with the way you play Sirin (hiding alignment, bonuses to your ability to defeat detect lies spells, etc). I especially like Guileful Lore, which lets you add your Wis mod (if any) to your Bluff and Diplomacy ... free bonuses!

Morbis Meh - Okay, I thought Scrag was my favorite of your characters, but Jodiah might have moved up with that last move. I can't say I understood the whole "Museum Tour" phase, but 'Spitefully Evil' I understand and applaud!

The entire museum tour phase was to give everyone else the impression that Jodiah was insane and thus harmless (to an extent) instead of a cold calculating murder. Basically it served to end the bickering between Bridget and her while feeding false information to potential rivals, who knows they may release some important secretive information in front of her thinking she isn't in a lucid moment?

Angstrom
2013-01-23, 07:11 PM
The museum tour worked really well at ending the bickering between Nana and Bridget. I'll try and remember that Bridget thinks that way about Nana Jodi, though I fear soon they'll all know each other well enough to see through the accumulated bs. Bridget is unhealthily dependent on others to validate her self-worth and maintain her b*tchiness, usually achieved by manipulating them, so gods forbid she actually has to start forming trusting relationships and relying on others...

Starbin
2013-01-23, 07:32 PM
I was curious about the ladies ... is it possible for one of you to change your concept to actually be a vapid bimbo? Cuz I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of the composition of this group ... too many manipulative women. If I wanted that, I'd go home!

I ... uh ... what I meant to say ... that is .. hmmm ... you see ... uh ... yes ... is that something shiny?

(sprints away)

Angstrom
2013-01-23, 10:31 PM
Nice. I enjoyed that thoroughly. I've come to view the three of them as something resembling an evil version of the Three Faces of Eve with each of the three taking on their respective role by age. The Hecate Sisters trope may be more applicable though, with Sirin as the maiden, Jodiah the matron, and Bridget the crone.

Starbin
2013-01-23, 10:46 PM
See, I was hoping for mor along the line of the Witches of Eastwick! :smalltongue:

Morbis Meh
2013-01-24, 12:23 AM
The museum tour worked really well at ending the bickering between Nana and Bridget. I'll try and remember that Bridget thinks that way about Nana Jodi, though I fear soon they'll all know each other well enough to see through the accumulated bs. Bridget is unhealthily dependent on others to validate her self-worth and maintain her b*tchiness, usually achieved by manipulating them, so gods forbid she actually has to start forming trusting relationships and relying on others...

Why thank you, I thought so too... as for seeing through the BS well that depends on how many ranks you put into sense motives VS her bluff check lol Besides she is on her way to having a delightful ogre meatshield to do her bidding... muaahahahaha

Finkmilkana
2013-01-25, 03:49 AM
What have you (or rather the creators of the AP) done? Whenever you talk about trik and trak I somehow have to think of Donald Ducks Nephews as they are called Tick, Trick and Track in Germany. I wonder what they did to their last brother....

And don't wonder that I'm not really posting right now, I just thought Marthras needs time to be alone and think after the last few days. Through I have to admit that I didn't think this "in house scene" would be that elaborate.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-25, 11:34 AM
What have you (or rather the creators of the AP) done? Whenever you talk about trik and trak I somehow have to think of Donald Ducks Nephews as they are called Tick, Trick and Track in Germany. I wonder what they did to their last brother....

And don't wonder that I'm not really posting right now, I just thought Marthras needs time to be alone and think after the last few days. Through I have to admit that I didn't think this "in house scene" would be that elaborate.

Heh! I didn't know that! This is probably a quiet in-joke by the AP authors, then.

Glad to hear you're still around! No worries, this is just a quiet scene, a chance for some roleplaying and hooks later. We'll be moving on to something a bit more active once everyone's had a chance for some stage time...

Morbis Meh
2013-01-25, 04:39 PM
rerolling the first damage roll [roll0]

Starbin
2013-01-25, 04:41 PM
Um ... did we miss something?

Morbis Meh
2013-01-25, 04:46 PM
Um ... did we miss something?

...wrong game dammit lol LD will know what to do with said roll

Finkmilkana
2013-01-25, 05:18 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Just to let you know, I most likely wont have a chance to post the next 3 days as I'm off to Taipei for a weekend trip.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-25, 06:30 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Just to let you know, I most likely wont have a chance to post the next 3 days as I'm off to Taipei for a weekend trip.

Cool! No worries, weekends are usually the quiet time, anyway. A chance for folks to do some more RP, then come monday-tuesday we'll start the next segment...

Starbin
2013-01-28, 10:09 AM
Wow, Taipei ... cool!

And of course, the combat-dude rolls into the game just in time for the RP section - YES!

"Rekker looks menacinginly ..."
"Rekker glares ..."
"Rekker chuckles evilly ..."
"Rekker grunts ..."
"Rekker growls ..."

And any number of combos ...

"Rekker glares menacingly, giving an evil chuckle that comes out in grunts and growls ..."

Yep, I'm good!

Morbis Meh
2013-01-28, 10:13 AM
Wow, Taipei ... cool!

And of course, the combat-dude rolls into the game just in time for the RP section - YES!

"Rekker looks menacinginly ..."
"Rekker glares ..."
"Rekker chuckles evilly ..."
"Rekker grunts ..."
"Rekker growls ..."

And any number of combos ...

"Rekker glares menacingly, giving an evil chuckle that comes out in grunts and growls ..."

Yep, I'm good!

I think Rekker needs a hug... or some pie, maybe grumblejack would share?

Starbin
2013-01-28, 01:13 PM
And so the paranoia begins!

Morbis Meh
2013-01-28, 02:06 PM
And so the paranoia begins!

....Fun is manditory, we love the Computer and the computer loves us

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-28, 02:41 PM
Oh, hey, Morbis? If Nana Jodi actually wants to go through with that whole jumping into Thorne's lap, just FYI she's getting an intimidate roll of 32 shot her way.

Following which, if she still wants to proceed, she'll need to make a will save DC 22 about the point she rushes at him to avoid an enhanced hold monster at the start of her shenanigans.

(Translation: The Cardinal is srs bzness, and does not tolerate mockery from inferiors.)

Now, if she DOES get through all that, please bear in mind the Cardinal's gonna make an example of her, and I apologize heartily. But I gotta do what the NPC would do.

So there might be some editing on your post, I'm afraid...

Morbis Meh
2013-01-28, 04:34 PM
Oh, hey, Morbis? If Nana Jodi actually wants to go through with that whole jumping into Thorne's lap, just FYI she's getting an intimidate roll of 32 shot her way.

Following which, if she still wants to proceed, she'll need to make a will save DC 22 about the point she rushes at him to avoid an enhanced hold monster at the start of her shenanigans.

(Translation: The Cardinal is srs bzness, and does not tolerate mockery from inferiors.)

Now, if she DOES get through all that, please bear in mind the Cardinal's gonna make an example of her, and I apologize heartily. But I gotta do what the NPC would do.

So there might be some editing on your post, I'm afraid... Aww shucks, no bugs bunny antics, i know the guy was serious business and just felt like lightening the mood. She wasn't intending to mock him just so gratitude in a very demented way lol I will edit it, I only wanted to be zaney

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-28, 04:42 PM
Aww shucks, no bugs bunny antics, i know the guy was serious business and just felt like lightening the mood. She wasn't intending to mock him just so gratitude in a very demented way lol I will edit it, I only wanted to be zaney

Yeah, it's cool. It's just that he's basically the Emperor to Tiadora's Vader. You don't glomp the Emperor without consequences. Bad'uns. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-01-28, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's cool. It's just that he's basically the Emperor to Tiadora's Vader. You don't glomp the Emperor without consequences. Bad'uns. :smallbiggrin:

Hey the emporer just needed a puppy I tell you! Anyways I altered the post to be just as comedic without the physical glomping... she will toe the line of obedience that's about it :smallbiggrin:

Angstrom
2013-01-28, 11:14 PM
Sweet item, but I'm thinking that scroll of disguise self is now somewhat redundant.

Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2013-01-29, 09:52 AM
Why do i get the feeling that my gnome is going to be equally as useless in this dungeon as the last...? Anything underground will probably be undead or vermin thus immune to her strong suit.

Finkmilkana
2013-01-29, 10:45 AM
Well, not as useless as Marthras if I keep rolling that far below 10...

Starbin
2013-01-29, 10:48 AM
Fortunately, meat shields are usually useful in most situations. Have hit points, will be beaten!

Frivolous
2013-01-29, 12:32 PM
Sirin's new trait to replace Venom-Drenched is Focused Mind.

Sheet is updated.

Frivolous
2013-01-29, 07:09 PM
By the way, I deliberately left out a waterskin and trail rations from the list of equipment Sirin requested.

She's never camped out before and it didn't occur to her that a trial might not include catering or at least room service. :smallsmile:

She will just have to endure a bit of thirst and hunger, or ask for food and water from her companions. Or just claim she's on a diet.

Frivolous
2013-01-29, 07:30 PM
Apologies for the triple-post. I never do this, but I also don't like to edit in changes too much because then they won't register as new.

Lost Demiurge: Do you wish me to roll for Knowledge (Religion)?

Sirin did spend a lot of time reading in the library about Asmodeus, but Knowledge is a skill you cannot use untrained unless the DC is 10 or lower.

I figure that I could petition to change her favored class bonus for level 2 from 1 hit point to 1 skill point, and put that skill point in Knowledge (Religion) but I am reluctant to do so on the basis of just a few days of reading.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-29, 07:59 PM
Apologies for the triple-post. I never do this, but I also don't like to edit in changes too much because then they won't register as new.

Lost Demiurge: Do you wish me to roll for Knowledge (Religion)?

Sirin did spend a lot of time reading in the library about Asmodeus, but Knowledge is a skill you cannot use untrained unless the DC is 10 or lower.

I figure that I could petition to change her favored class bonus for level 2 from 1 hit point to 1 skill point, and put that skill point in Knowledge (Religion) but I am reluctant to do so on the basis of just a few days of reading.

Sadly, by pathfinder rules if you don't have the knowledge, you can't roll.

And it kinda makes sense in this case. Unless your PC's memorized this particular fact, they wouldn't twig on it.

Finkmilkana
2013-01-30, 03:14 AM
Knowledge Religion: [roll0]

Finkmilkana
2013-01-30, 12:48 PM
Spellcraft [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-02-05, 02:21 PM
LD: I had an idea about Jodi using Mage Hand to tie a rope to the door and then Marthras and Rekker yanking the door off its hinges using the rope.

But that only works if the door has a handle.

Anyway that's why I asked the questions in the spoiler box.

Starbin
2013-02-07, 09:24 AM
Hmmm ... let's try that again: [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-02-07, 09:34 AM
Pardon me, but would anyone mind if I or someone else suggests a course of action that would be real handy in situations like this?

I don't mind if anyone (especially Lost Demiurge) says they don't want OOC suggestions. Just let me know and I'll shut up, I promise. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-07, 09:37 AM
Hey it's what ooc is before so let the suggestions roll, I assume your character has a decent enough intelligence score that it would think up something similar

Frivolous
2013-02-07, 09:41 AM
Hey it's what ooc is before so let the suggestions roll, I assume your character has a decent enough intelligence score that it would think up something similar

That's the problem. It seems real obvious to me, but it does not relate to anything Sirin knows.

Starbin
2013-02-07, 09:42 AM
Not sure why you would'nt want to make suggestions ... Go crazy!

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-07, 10:14 AM
Hey, ya don't need my permission! Suggest away! It's a game, we're all just trying to make a good story where your characters are awesome.

Frivolous
2013-02-07, 10:28 AM
All right; since the DM allows. :smallsmile:

Marthras has Detect Alignment. All inquisitors get that at 2nd level. He can probe the interior of the dark room with it, one alignment at a time.

Plus it is an at-will power, so he can use it anytime to look for sentience on the other side of closed doors. But somehow he has never used it.

Actually, he hasn't cast any spells either, has he?

Morbis Meh
2013-02-07, 11:26 AM
Hey, ya don't need my permission! Suggest away! It's a game, we're all just trying to make a good story where your characters are awesome.

A GM after my own heart... no wonder i love your games!

Finkmilkana
2013-02-07, 01:35 PM
I would also protest against our Barbarian just charging in, but right now I actually don't see much else one could do, as we don't have any ability to get though that darkness. (I know this is metagaming, but any effect that manages to block darkvision should be at least on the level of "deeper darkness" so level 3 spell, I don't see how we could overcome this with out characters and there seem to be no McGuffin here.)

Hmm, now that I write this, I believe no one actually tried to cast any light spells. Seems unlikely, but trying costs nothing.

Edit: Just saw your suggestion, yeah completely forgott about detect alignment.
The lack of spells cast is because of his crysis of faith. Until he arrived here and took Asmodeus as Patron, he at least thought of himself as forsaken. Would it have been needed, I would have played it as him uttering a deperate prayer to no one in particular, only to be answered by Asmodeus.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-07, 01:51 PM
I would also protest against our Barbarian just charging in, but right now I actually don't see much else one could do, as we don't have any ability to get though that darkness. (I know this is metagaming, but any effect that manages to block darkvision should be at least on the level of "deeper darkness" so level 3 spell, I don't see how we could overcome this with out characters and there seem to be no McGuffin here.)

Hmm, now that I write this, I believe no one actually tried to cast any light spells. Seems unlikely, but trying costs nothing.

Edit: Just saw your suggestion, yeah completely forgott about detect alignment.
The lack of spells cast is because of his crysis of faith. Until he arrived here and took Asmodeus as Patron, he at least thought of himself as forsaken. Would it have been needed, I would have played it as him uttering a deperate prayer to no one in particular, only to be answered by Asmodeus.

I could have shot a summon in to at least test the water if it is an entity causing the darkness then the summon may draw it out

Finkmilkana
2013-02-08, 09:59 AM
For now I think Marthras will just continues his volley, but should Rekkar move in he'll follow as shooting arrows in that case would most likely end in friendly fire.

Starbin
2013-02-08, 10:08 AM
Well, he just said something powerful was on the other side of the door, and going in would be a bad idea. Everyone seems to know more of what's going on (even if they really don't :smallsmile:) so Rekker is just waiting. He can always use his chain for the reach, of course.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-08, 11:29 AM
Hey LD, are you sure that thing is thrashing? My Awesome Display Revelation lowers any creature's HD affected by one of Jodi's pattern spells by her charisma mod... so it currently has a big -5 to it's HD so unless it is extremely powerful and will kill us no matter what we do, it should be unconscious.

Finkmilkana
2013-02-08, 12:15 PM
Well, since it seems to be either an outsider or to have at least 6 HD (undead would have been immune and I doubt it's a cleric... something else with an especially strong aura is also possible, but again I doubt it) it's not that big of an stretch to assume it has 8 or more. Especially since it seems to have killed your dog in one round.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-08, 12:49 PM
Well, since it seems to be either an outsider or to have at least 6 HD (undead would have been immune and I doubt it's a cleric... something else with an especially strong aura is also possible, but again I doubt it) it's not that big of an stretch to assume it has 8 or more. Especially since it seems to have killed your dog in one round.

Dog has only like 8 hp, and I sincerely doubt this has 8 HD... that is basically a TPK in a can for a level 2 party lol

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-08, 12:54 PM
Hey LD, are you sure that thing is thrashing? My Awesome Display Revelation lowers any creature's HD affected by one of Jodi's pattern spells by her charisma mod... so it currently has a big -5 to it's HD so unless it is extremely powerful and will kill us no matter what we do, it should be unconscious.

Oh! I missed THAT.

I'll go and amend the post. Yeah, it's not liking life right now.

Finkmilkana
2013-02-08, 12:59 PM
In that case: CHARGE REKKER!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-08, 01:08 PM
In that case: CHARGE REKKER!

Indeed charge, kill, destroy!

Frivolous
2013-02-08, 11:01 PM
I had a dreadful thought: What if it's a swarm or some other dispersed creature? Those can only be attacked by area effects like Burning Hands and so on.

I hate swarms. They can be ever so problematic to kill.

Starbin
2013-02-08, 11:02 PM
Whatever ... No need worrying about every possibility - we'll have plenty of opportunities to die in new and horrible ways throughout the adventure path!

:smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-08, 11:08 PM
I had a dreadful thought: What if it's a swarm or some other dispersed creature? Those can only be attacked by area effects like Burning Hands and so on.

I hate swarms. They can be ever so problematic to kill.

...A swarm that can create magical darkness dear jeebus that is a low level TPK waiting to happen and I doubt anyone has an AoE magic to smack them with, though they would take damage from the torches...

Starbin
2013-02-12, 10:45 AM
Appraise: [roll0]

Finkmilkana
2013-02-12, 11:12 AM
I know it's kinda strange to point something out that worked in my favor, but I'm pretty sure the Vampiric Mist (if it was a normal one) should not have been visible with Detect Evil.

Starbin
2013-02-12, 11:34 AM
It was an EVIL mist ... duh!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-12, 11:38 AM
I know it's kinda strange to point something out that worked in my favor, but I'm pretty sure the Vampiric Mist (if it was a normal one) should not have been visible with Detect Evil.

You would be able to feel that some evil entity was inside the room not it's specific location though... it's like people claiming detect magic can be used to see invisible people.

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-12, 11:39 AM

This one was special.

Which was why the color spray affected it, among other things...

Frivolous
2013-02-12, 11:49 AM
Pardon? According to Paizo, vampiric mists are Neutral Evil.

They're too low in HD to be detected, but they're aberrations. Aberrations are susceptible to pattern spells.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/additionalMonsters/vampiricMist.html

Finkmilkana
2013-02-12, 12:32 PM
@Morbis No, I should not be able to detect it, as it has to few HD and thus no aura. On the other hand, once it has an aura I can pinpoint it, since the spell actually calls that out (needs 3 rounds though). While I actually hate that rule, "Seeing" as in pinpointing invisible people with Detect Magic also clearly works by RAW, it just takes also 3 rounds and doesn't help against the misschance (as you know the 5ft square, but you still can't actually see him). And both are completely shut off by a simple "misdirection", so it's hardly overpowered.

Starbin
2013-02-12, 01:20 PM
This one was special.

Hmmm ... I'm good! :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-12, 01:39 PM
I will confess, I do not stick 100% to the rules.

This usually works in the favor of the PC's, so I hope you all don't mind a little bit of shenanigans now and then.

Starbin
2013-02-12, 01:46 PM
Of course not, it makes it interesting and keeps us on our toes.

<glares menacingly at anyone who wishes to dispute aforementioned shennanigans>

<Blinks, then decides it's time to write the word shennanigans again, because it's just soooo much fun>

SHENNANIGANS! :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-12, 01:58 PM
I will confess, I do not stick 100% to the rules.

This usually works in the favor of the PC's, so I hope you all don't mind a little bit of shenanigans now and then.

I loves me my shenanigans; however, I am going to pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans! :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-02-12, 02:11 PM
"Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy sh*t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

"You mean Shennanigans?"

"Ooooooooh!"

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-13, 10:25 AM
Crap!

I forgot to grab the module today.

Posting is gonna be delayed, folks. Hang tight, I'll try to have something up tonight.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-13, 10:31 AM
Crap!

I forgot to grab the module today.

Posting is gonna be delayed, folks. Hang tight, I'll try to have something up tonight.

It's ok, we still love you! (in the platonic sense... not in the creepy stalker, have locks of your hair kept in a personalized shrine sense... you smell like strawberries)

Starbin
2013-02-14, 10:32 AM
Friv -
Sirin declares the door clear, and opens it.

Beyond is a twisting corridor. Following it around, the party ends up proceeding in a northerly direction once more, before ending up in front of a door of plain wood. The inscription on it reads...

"Know your enemy. Shatter all that blinds you and then burn thy adversary to ashes."

The door opens into utter blackness. Not even Rekker's darkvision can pierce it.

Since the last corridor we found was right before this one, I figure Sirin might remember it ... unless you're wanting the mocking or strange glances from the group :smallbiggrin:

PS - I know you like lots of perception check rolls, but breaking it up into a 'listen' perception check and a 'spot' perception check for the same thing seems to defeat the purpose of combining those two skills into one :smalltongue:

Frivolous
2013-02-14, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Starbin.

Um, if you are correct, the DM can choose which of the two Perception rolls to pick, I guess.

But I know that sometimes Perception is divided into listen and look. Such as for oracles with the deaf curse.

Frivolous
2013-02-15, 09:41 AM
Lost Demiurge: I guess the constructs are unique or very rare?

I ask because we have a few PCs in the party with Knowledge (Arcane) and constructs fall under that.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-15, 09:53 AM
Lost Demiurge: I guess the constructs are unique or very rare?

I ask because we have a few PCs in the party with Knowledge (Arcane) and constructs fall under that.

They may not be constructs... they could be actual snakes with magical enhancements for all me know :smallbiggrin: but I am tired of these mother f*cking snakes in this mother f*cking dungeon

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-15, 10:37 AM
Sure, if anyone wants to toss a knowledge-arcane roll, I can tell you about'em.

These have been modded from their original entry, so yes, they are kind of rare.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-15, 10:55 AM
Yay a skill I do have! [roll0]... wow the universe seems to favor Brin but hates my evil gnome, it must be a sign!

Starbin
2013-02-15, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Morbis Meh;14715522]They may not be constructs... they could be actual snakes with magical enhancements for all me know :smallbiggrin: but I am tired of these mother f*cking snakes in this mother f*cking dungeon[/QUOTE

Great pop culture reference! Love me some Samuel L!

Starbin
2013-02-17, 08:12 PM
Fort failure (:smallsmile:): [roll0]

Also, with the spiked chain Rekker threatens out to 10ft ... any AOO on the second snake?

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-17, 08:52 PM
Fort failure (:smallsmile:): [roll0]

Also, with the spiked chain Rekker threatens out to 10ft ... any AOO on the second snake?

Nope, it did nothing but move, thus negating your opp attack.

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-19, 09:44 AM
Hm. Been a while since Angstrom last posted. You around, ese?

If not, then I guess I'd better move on with this combat round...

Finkmilkana
2013-02-19, 10:59 AM
Goddammit, considering the forumroller and the semingly high AC of every enemy I start to doubt that it was a wise idea to build a somewhat "combatgimped" character....

Starbin
2013-02-19, 11:01 AM
Hey, at least you can roll above a 10! I would have LOVED to roll double digits. Or over a 7.

Frivolous
2013-02-19, 11:04 AM
Like Finkmilkana, I too am wondering if Rekker is flanking with Sirin or with Marthras.

Edit: If Rekker was flanking with Sirin, my recent roll is a 20. :smallsmile:

If a hit with flanking, damage is 6 regular and 1 from sneak attack. Total 7.

Angstrom
2013-02-19, 11:07 AM
Sorry guys. I've been out of town, so I've been checking less frequently than usual. I figured that since my character is so cripplingly ineffective against these snakes, I'd wait to post if the opportunity to actually help comes up. Thus far it hasn't.

Frivolous
2013-02-19, 11:13 AM
Angstrom: You can always use Aid Another. All you need to do is hit AC 10.

In melee combat, you can help a friend attack or defend by distracting or interfering with an opponent. If you're in position to make a melee attack on an opponent that is engaging a friend in melee combat, you can attempt to aid your friend as a standard action. You make an attack roll against AC 10. If you succeed, your friend gains either a +2 bonus on his next attack roll against that opponent or a +2 bonus to AC against that opponent's next attack (your choice), as long as that attack comes before the beginning of your next turn. Multiple characters can aid the same friend, and similar bonuses stack.

You can also use this standard action to help a friend in other ways, such as when he is affected by a spell, or to assist another character's skill check.

Starbin
2013-02-19, 11:22 AM
Yeah! Help the combat inefficient half-orc barbarian, cuz he apparently needs it! :smallsmile:

Sorry I didn't say who I was flanking. I think from a gamesmanship perspective, it would make more sense to flank with the more 'warriorly' of the group (added to the fact that I don't think these metal constructs are vulnerable to sneak attacks).

However, from an RP perspective Sirin was pretty much the only one to actually engage with Rekker and talk to him ... so even though she probably plans on poisoning me later and leaving me for dead ("I love my dead half-orc son!") she gets the flank bonus! :smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-19, 11:39 AM
S'all good. I remembered the eagle also offered a flank opportunity, so everyone was covered.

Frivolous
2013-02-19, 11:51 AM
Ouch. Lost 5 points of Dexterity. :smallsmile:

Sirin actually has a vial of antidote, but she was saving that for a life-threatening poison. This one just makes her clumsy, which is bad enough for a rogue.

Her Dexterity is now 11.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-19, 01:47 PM
Yep, I used the eagle to help with flanking! Soon I will be guiding our clumsy barbarian to victory *cue eye of the tiger* creative uses of orisons is essential at low levels!

Starbin
2013-02-19, 02:00 PM
SWEET! He needs all the help he can get!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-19, 02:19 PM
SWEET! He needs all the help he can get!

Well my character will primarily be a buffer/debuffer so hey why not help out our beefy buddies right?

Starbin
2013-02-19, 02:21 PM
Beefy Buddies (c) - keeping Soft Squishes alive since Basic D&D!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-19, 03:30 PM
YAY! Mithral boots!!!! Or we could you know just melt it down and sell it since mithral is somewhat valuable then you buy Jodi snakeskin boots and a matching purse!

Frivolous
2013-02-20, 10:59 AM
Starbin: Rogue sneak attacks are different in Pathfinder. Most creatures are susceptible now, including constructs and corporeal undead.

Only a few are completely immune: oozes and elementals. A few are partly immune: incorporeal and protean.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/creatureTypes.html

Lost Demiurge: Can you please confirm that ability damage only affects someone in increments of 2?

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain

For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a 1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability. If the amount of ability damage you have taken equals or exceeds your ability score, you immediately fall unconscious until the damage is less than your ability score. The only exception to this is your Constitution score. If the damage to your Constitution is equal to or greater than your Constitution score, you die. Unless otherwise noted, damage to your ability scores is healed at the rate of 1 per day to each ability score that has been damaged. Ability damage can be healed through the use of spells, such as lesser restoration.

Starbin
2013-02-20, 11:28 AM
Starbin: Rogue sneak attacks are different in Pathfinder. Most creatures are susceptible now, including constructs and corporeal undead.

Only a few are completely immune: oozes and elementals. A few are partly immune: incorporeal and protean.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/creatureTypes.html

Lost Demiurge: Can you please confirm that ability damage only affects someone in increments of 2?

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_ability-score-damage-penalty-and-drain

Copy that.

As for ability damage, I thought it depends on whether you have an odd or even stat. I'm okay with whatever LD decides, of course :smallsmile:...

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-20, 11:44 AM
Uh, well, it depends on if you have an odd or even stat at the end of things.

So if you go from 16 to 12, you're at a -2 to things related with that stat.

But if you go from 16 to 11, you're at a -3 to things related with that stat.

Frivolous
2013-02-20, 12:36 PM
I think some DMs interpret it as the other way. But I'm cool either way. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-20, 12:42 PM
I think some DMs interpret it as the other way. But I'm cool either way. Thanks. :smallsmile:

I have yet to meet anyone that interprets it that way since your modifier is influenced entirely by your score and if your drops to an odd number the modifer goes down by one at the very least. Have heart Sirin is our MVP so far! Aside from Jodiah saving everyone from blood sucking doom she has only made quips XD

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-20, 01:06 PM
I have yet to meet anyone that interprets it that way since your modifier is influenced entirely by your score and if your drops to an odd number the modifer goes down by one at the very least. Have heart Sirin is our MVP so far! Aside from Jodiah saving everyone from blood sucking doom she has only made quips XD

Everyone will get their chance to shine! Just stick with this, you'll find something cool to show off your stuff...

Morbis Meh
2013-02-20, 01:24 PM
Everyone will get their chance to shine! Just stick with this, you'll find something cool to show off your stuff...

Oh dear sir I am not complaining, I am enjoying myself immensely, I get more pleasure for my out of the box thinking actually working XD

Angstrom
2013-02-20, 01:27 PM
I'm back from my trip so will resume normal posting. If you're ever waiting on me, Morbis, don't hesitate to puppet.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-20, 01:58 PM
I'm back from my trip so will resume normal posting. If you're ever waiting on me, Morbis, don't hesitate to puppet.

Lol the two charisma based, mind affecting spell casters in a dungeon full of traps... I suppose we could try to out bluff each other or establish a comedy routine/fashion show in our down time :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-02-21, 12:18 PM
No worries LD - I figured that would be poor form!

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-21, 12:22 PM
Yeah... Generally when I call for a perception check without saying why, you won't have 2-10 minutes to sit there and try to listen harder or whatever.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-21, 12:25 PM
I usually don't take 20 because i find it more enjoyable when I am playing a spacey character... If i want them to succeed I spec them like Friv does :smallwink:

Starbin
2013-02-21, 12:30 PM
I don't like to take 20, but if I ever want to succeed at a perception check, apparently taking 20 will be the only way :smallbiggrin: I guess I should have put those skill points into something else

Morbis Meh
2013-02-21, 12:33 PM
I don't like to take 20, but if I ever want to succeed at a perception check, apparently taking 20 will be the only way :smallbiggrin: I guess I should have put those skill points into something else

Craft (Basketweaving) that is all that ever needs to be said

Starbin
2013-02-21, 12:35 PM
Only if it's Underwater Basketweaving (which was an actual class at a university).

Finkmilkana
2013-02-22, 06:39 AM
Typicall, there you forget to check for new posts once and suddenly you come back to almost a full page of posts:smallbiggrin:

Should we have to get back to the other room, I can try to pray for some more light (aka casting another light spell) to illuminate that staircase.

Finkmilkana
2013-02-22, 09:57 AM
Hmm, considering the inscription on the door I assume in that compartment is someone we should interogate (good, so most likely someone who follows Mitra).
If that's right I'll try to gain his trust, since no torture can beat freely given information. If I'm wrong and that's not some kind of Mitra follower we can still start to torment or kill if he/she/it is a threat.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 10:42 AM
Well I have diplomatic character with ample bluff diplomacy... maybe I can take a crack at it first before we commence all out torture?

Starbin
2013-02-22, 10:42 AM
Hey, go crazy with your bad self ... but as far as Rekker is concerned, y'all are acting crazy.

PS - Rekker might not be good at many things, but Intimidation is one of them. At +12 (+14 while 'raging') and an aid other, we could probably intimidate the heck out of just about anyone.

Well, except a paladin of the appropriate level, which this person might just be ...

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 10:48 AM
Hey, go crazy with your bad self ... but as far as Rekker is concerned, y'all are acting crazy.

PS - Rekker might not be good at many things, but Intimidation is one of them. At +12 (+14 while 'raging') and an aid other, we could probably intimidate the heck out of just about anyone.

Well, except a paladin of the appropriate level, which this person might just be ...

So you want to good cop/bad cop it I take it? Could be fun, the real maniac of the group trying to appeal to the senses and hold off Mr. Scary Orc Man.

Starbin
2013-02-22, 10:50 AM
However y'all want to play it :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 12:12 PM
Looks like we think alike Angstrom :smallbiggrin: at least my roll was first since it was slightly better so you can be considered as aiding

Starbin
2013-02-22, 12:13 PM
I would have aided you, but I'm pretty sure that when I rolled a one it wouldn't help :smalltongue:

Angstrom
2013-02-22, 12:16 PM
Looks like we think alike Angstrom :smallbiggrin: at least my roll was first since it was slightly better so you can be considered as aiding

Yeah, worked out well. We can still get Mathras's aid another and maybe Sirin's too.

How long do you want to go before the Charm Person?

Frivolous
2013-02-22, 12:27 PM
Sirin would have aided Jodi's bluff, but instead chose to impart some information she thought might be more interesting.

I don't think he can possibly be that skeptical, anyway. Not against two PCs with Charisma 20.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 12:28 PM
Yeah, worked out well. We can still get Mathras's aid another and maybe Sirin's too.

How long do you want to go before the Charm Person?

Save your spells for now if bluff/diplomacy goes sour we still have initimidate via Rekker Ralph. So far we have finished roughly 5/9 so we're halfway there and Jodiah has burned through 2/3 of her spells already.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 02:54 PM
Bam, we discovered what we needed to do without torture, bonus points! So do we use the kid as we continue on? I think we should personally and if we make it out alive with him in tow we could always subvert/sacrifice him, what do you people think?

Frivolous
2013-02-22, 03:07 PM
I want to keep him alive. While he lives, he represents options and opportunities.

There is some danger, but I am confident that Bridget and Jodi can eventually convince him that up is down and left is right.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 03:10 PM
I want to keep him alive. While he lives, he represents options and opportunities.

There is some danger, but I am confident that Bridget and Jodi can eventually convince him that up is down and left is right.

Add in Bridget and Marthas to the mix as well all of us have damn good bluff lol this kid will be turned to the darkside in no time... all that needs to be done is some temptation in the form of flesh and narcotics mixed with manipulation and bam instant sith asmodean apprentice

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 03:32 PM
YAY for cannon fodder now to the other room!

Starbin
2013-02-22, 04:09 PM
Awww ... i was going to vote we cut off one of his fingers. If you like, one of you can convince him it's required to pass as a devil worhipper (we can all change our illusions to match that). Come on, you know you want to do it!

Just one more note ... is that yellow killing anyone else? I just assumed it was to make the kid even more annoying than ever, but maybe my eyes are just really bad ...

Morbis Meh
2013-02-22, 04:14 PM
Awww ... i was going to vote we cut off one of his fingers. If you like, one of you can convince him it's required to pass as a devil worhipper (we can all change our illusions to match that). Come on, you know you want to do it!

Just one more note ... is that yellow killing anyone else? I just assumed it was to make the kid even more annoying than ever, but maybe my eyes are just really bad ...

Oh I feel the pain from the yellow believe me... but Jodiah will subvert him in other ways using above methods just think if things goe south Rekker can pick him up and use him as a literal meat shield

Frivolous
2013-02-25, 01:22 PM
Angstrom: Sirin's current unmodified bonus for Disable Device is a measly +6, down from +9.

It is effectively +7 because Sirin wears armor (-1) and has masterwork thieves' tools (+2).

Her only real advantage now is her rogue ability to disable magical traps. That's it.

What would Bridget's bonus be with masterwork thieves' tools? If it is higher than +7, feel free to try to take over. Sirin won't ask her because she doesn't know Bridget can do it. It never came up in conversation.

Angstrom
2013-02-25, 02:15 PM
From her archetype:
a seeker gains Disable Device as a class skill. In addition, at 1st level, a seeker adds half his oracle or sorcerer level on Perception checks made to locate traps and on all Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1). A seeker can use Disable Device to disarm magical traps.

8 is with the tools. I'll keep the bonus decent as we level in case Sirin gets incapacitated, but I fear that most of the time it'll be completely redundant.

If Sirin fails to get the door open or disarm a trap, Bridget will step in, but at this point Sirin is still the expert.

Frivolous
2013-02-26, 01:15 PM
This is one surreal situation.

I just realized... The noise is probably going to inhibit spellcasting, isn't it? Bah.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-26, 01:35 PM
This is one surreal situation.

I just realized... The noise is probably going to inhibit spellcasting, isn't it? Bah.

Concentration checks will be needed... blarg time to find something to plug everyones ears.... or we can wait to see if it resets. Next time when a room says be stealthy lets try to go in without light lol

Starbin
2013-02-26, 01:55 PM
If only there were a party member that could see in the dark ... :smalltongue:

Now we get to see if we have invited death, i.e. undead.

Am I being snarky? A litte :smallbiggrin:

Anyhoo, my guess is that this thing will keep screaming. If it's actually enough to wake the dead, then we're gonna open that door to lots of fun stuff. Otherwise, i suppose we could try and hit the thing (Rekker can attack from the door if it's a 15 by 15 room)

Morbis Meh
2013-02-26, 02:01 PM
I figure that our only option is to... KILL IT WITH FIRE (yes I love fire it's why I became a chemist) The orc can try to destroy it but for all we know that could have equally unpleasent consequences.

Finkmilkana
2013-02-27, 12:25 PM
Know: Religion: [roll0]

This could end painfull.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-27, 12:38 PM
Know: Religion: [roll0]

This could end painfull.

I have a feeling this could be a TPK... Draugr are CR 2 and there are 4 of them... Yog-Sothoth help me

Frivolous
2013-02-27, 07:36 PM
I'm not too worried yet. I'm really glad Bridget has that Grease spell.

By the way, if there is a choice between Greasing all of the undead and affecting Sirin? Let the spell affect Sirin. She's not much good at combat right now anyway. Her AC is down to 13 and her attack bonus is down to +1. Pathetic.

I suspect now would be a really good time for everyone who is not Marthras or Rekker to use the Aid Another action. :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-02-27, 09:04 PM
Starbin: Those might be hits if Bridget's Grease spell comes into effect earlier and the undead in question fail their Reflex save.

Prone targets are easier to hit, you see. -4 penalty to their AC.

Starbin
2013-02-27, 09:08 PM
Here's hoping ... :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-02-27, 09:11 PM
Or if there is a flank situation. With up to 4 of us in melee, it could happen.

Timeon will probably try to do something, too. I mean, he's a paladin's squire, and he thinks we're good guys.

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-28, 10:51 AM
Quick note... The way things are set up, there are currently no flanks to be had. Rekker's holding the central doorway, while Sirin and Marthras are kind of to either side. It's a little crowded so your attacks will be slightly hampered (I'll take this into account, don't worry about the numbers.) On the plus side, their attacks against Sirin and Marthras are going to be a bit more difficult as well.

Also, to save me some time when you get a second, everyone please post their character's current AC here.

Starbin
2013-02-28, 11:02 AM
Not sure of the exact area, but if any of the dead fell, then stand back up w/in 10ft, I think Rekker gets an AOO. Same for w/in the doorway, only I think Marthras and Sirin would get AOOs too ... or am I misreading the rules?

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 11:28 AM
Jodiah currently has 16 AC: 4 from coat of stars, 1 from dex and 1 from being small.

Frivolous
2013-02-28, 11:32 AM
Also, to save me some time when you get a second, everyone please post their character's current AC here.

Sirin is AC 13.

Not sure of the exact area, but if any of the dead fell, then stand back up w/in 10ft, I think Rekker gets an AOO. Same for w/in the doorway, only I think Marthras and Sirin would get AOOs too ... or am I misreading the rules?

Yeah, standing up from prone provokes an AoO. It's one of the reasons Grease is so nasty.

Without the feat Combat Reflexes, though, you can only do 1 Attack of Opportunity per round. Even if there are multiple enemies provoking them.

In any case, you have to be within melee range to do an AoO. Even 5 feet away is too far unless you have a weapon with Reach.

Note: I'm unskilled with combat, so please feel free to show how anything I wrote above is incorrect. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 11:36 AM
Yeah, standing up from prone provokes an AoO. It's one of the reasons Grease is so nasty.

Without the feat Combat Reflexes, though, you can only do 1 Attack of Opportunity per round. Even if there are multiple enemies provoking them.

In any case, you have to be within melee range to do an AoO. Even 5 feet away is too far unless you have a weapon with Reach.

For the most part you have the hang of it; however, taking a full round action to stand up does not provoke an AoO. Combat reflexes is needed to do more than one AoO per round but you are still limited to one AoO per target per round. The final point is correct, you still have to be within attacking range to get an AoO. Oh spiked chains.... why did they nerf you?

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-28, 11:44 AM
Here's a question. Does Rekker or anyone else have combat reflexes? If you don't, I believe that you're limited to one AoO a turn.

I'll handle the AoO's, to save time.

Frivolous
2013-02-28, 11:46 AM
Why o why have my recent combat rolls been so good, good enough to hit with, even though my attack bonus is down in the dumps again?

It's like the GitP dice roller is trying to teach me what irony means. :smallsigh:

For the most part you have the hang of it; however, taking a full round action to stand up does not provoke an AoO. Combat reflexes is needed to do more than one AoO per round but you are still limited to one AoO per target per round. The final point is correct, you still have to be within attacking range to get an AoO. Oh spiked chains.... why did they nerf you?

Thanks, Morbis Meh.

By the way... Mind if I ask a possibly stupid OOC question of you?

Here's a question. Does Rekker or anyone else have combat reflexes? If you don't, I believe that you're limited to one AoO a turn.

I'll handle the AoO's, to save time.

I don't have it. I don't think anyone in the party has it.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 12:07 PM
Why o why have my recent combat rolls been so good, good enough to hit with, even though my attack bonus is down in the dumps again?

It's like the GitP dice roller is trying to teach me what irony means. :smallsigh:

Thanks, Morbis Meh.

By the way... Mind if I ask a possibly stupid OOC question of you?

Yes the dice roller is a cruel and fickle mistress.... go for it there is no such thing as a stupid question in my opinion well unless you ask for something along the lines of my Social Insurance Number lol

Starbin
2013-02-28, 12:09 PM
Oh spiked chains.... why did they nerf you?

Wait, what?

<flips through the rules>

SON OF A BIATCH!

Why didn't someone tell me? Okay, nevermind on that whole 10ft thing. I guess while reading is fun and mental, I missed something along the way.

As a side note, that was the ONLY reason I went with a spiked chain. Which means that I should have just gotten something that hits really hard, since a spiked chain is pretty much worthless unless I want to trip people.

Sigh ... I hate being dense.

Frivolous
2013-02-28, 12:10 PM
Yes the dice roller is a cruel and fickle mistress.... go for it there is no such thing as a stupid question in my opinion well unless you ask for something along the lines of my Social Insurance Number lol

No, not your Social Security. :)

I'm just wondering about your use of Guidance. Does Jodi touch the subjects of that spell?

Because it has a range of Touch.

I didn't want to ask about it earlier because I wasn't sure if it was my business or not. But I play cleric an awful lot, and I never saw anyone cast Guidance on a flying creature before.

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 12:21 PM
No, not your Social Security. :)

I'm just wondering about your use of Guidance. Does Jodi touch the subjects of that spell?

Because it has a range of Touch.

I didn't want to ask about it earlier because I wasn't sure if it was my business or not. But I play cleric an awful lot, and I never saw anyone cast Guidance on a flying creature before.

Yep she does, mostly she uses guidance on herself and I am only judging based on LD's description that she was next to Rekker (they attacked the same enemy) She doesn't use it very often and mostly in out of combat situations where I take the touch range for granted since it isn't as important per se. I may not describe it as such but I keep track of it to an extent (She would have used it on Marthas if Jodiah was next to him instead)

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 12:22 PM
Wait, what?

<flips through the rules>

SON OF A BIATCH!

Why didn't someone tell me? Okay, nevermind on that whole 10ft thing. I guess while reading is fun and mental, I missed something along the way.

As a side note, that was the ONLY reason I went with a spiked chain. Which means that I should have just gotten something that hits really hard, since a spiked chain is pretty much worthless unless I want to trip people.

Sigh ... I hate being dense.

I feels for you bro, switch to a guisearm if you want the tripping action with reach and save the feat.

Lost Demiurge
2013-02-28, 12:27 PM
@Starbin: If you want to reconfigure your feats after you're done with this dungeon, I don't mind. No sense with you getting stuck with a build you didn't know was based on a faulty assumption.

@Morbis: Nana Jodi's behind the front rank, which is crammed into the area just behind the doorway. Only reason she got a touch attack was because the draugr fell down, and it made sense she could reach for it between someone's legs. So yeah, you're free to touch your allies as much as you want, without worrying about positioning.

Bridget, of course, is too cool for the logjam so she's in the back being all relaxed about this whole thing. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 12:32 PM
@Morbis: Nana Jodi's behind the front rank, which is crammed into the area just behind the doorway. Only reason she got a touch attack was because the draugr fell down, and it made sense she could reach for it between someone's legs. So yeah, you're free to touch your allies as much as you want, without worrying about positioning.

hehehehe hear that everyone the GM has granted me permission to touch ALL of you *creepy smile*

Angstrom
2013-02-28, 12:47 PM
Bridget, of course, is too cool for the logjam so she's in the back being all relaxed about this whole thing. :smallbiggrin:

*puts on sunglasses*

I'll edit the aid another out of the post
Thrown dagger: [roll0], [roll1] not sure the modifiers attack roll modifiers for positioning and distance, but she's aiming for one of the prone ones.

Why oh why did I tailor her item/spell selection to her enchanter vanity?

Starbin
2013-02-28, 01:56 PM
hehehehe hear that everyone the GM has granted me permission to touch ALL of you *creepy smile*

I did catch that, but you beat me to the punch :smalltongue:

As for changing up Rekker's feats - I'm good. I got the spiked chain through an alternate racial trait, so it didn't cost me anything but weapon familiarity with greataxes, falchions and the orc double axe (the first two of which I get with anyway). The only thing I'd worry about would be either getting a reach weapon or a heftier main weapon. Thanks, though!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-28, 02:05 PM
I should mention that I will be unavailable tomorrow due to me moving... I will try to post but that may be difficult, if I am unable to do so just have Nana Jodi keeping stroking Rekker :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2013-03-01, 11:23 AM
critical confirmation (I hope they are not immune^^):[roll0]
[roll1]

Ok, I'll be very surprised if that thing still stands.

Frivolous
2013-03-01, 11:38 AM
Great shot, Finkmilkana. :smallbiggrin:

Also, good luck with the move, Morbis.

Starbin
2013-03-01, 04:20 PM
I'm a little confused- I thought there were two left... one attacking Rekker (who Marthras just killed) and one on the ground out of range... who tagged Rek?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-01, 04:33 PM
The one on the ground managed to stand up and take a swing at you.

Starbin
2013-03-01, 06:49 PM
Copy that ... so since you're running the AOOs I'm guessing that we all missed. I just didn't notice that in the narrative.

Alrighty!

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-01, 06:59 PM
Copy that ... so since you're running the AOOs I'm guessing that we all missed. I just didn't notice that in the narrative.

Alrighty!

Well, it was in the rear, so when it stood up y'all were out of range. Didn't seem worth mentioning.

Starbin
2013-03-01, 07:15 PM
Nope, that makes sense. I was hoping you'd forget that part :smallwink:

Starbin
2013-03-01, 11:33 PM
I guess I use my CMB: [roll0]

Here goes my fail!

Frivolous
2013-03-02, 10:57 PM
Finkmilkana: Even an 8 might be a hit. Prone gives you a -4 penalty to your AC, and Sirin succeeded on Aid Another.

If Sirin's Aid Another takes effect before Marthras' attack, then it might. Even if it doesn't, it becomes easier next round.

Normally I would try to plead that Sirin's action comes before anyone else's in the party, but with her Dexterity being 11, her Initiative bonus is down to +4. So I don't know.

The thing I worry about most is that Rekker's using up his rage rounds on this.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-03, 11:04 PM
Well, I'm also down to only one spell.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-04, 07:46 PM
Bluff [roll0]

And the forum roller doesn't disappoint:smallredface:

Well, maybe just an aid was required, for 10 I did manage.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-05, 12:14 AM
Btw, if I'm not mistaken non of us should have an evil aura (yet, since less than 5 HD and no class specific aura (we've "lost" our Antipaladin after all)), so at least his Detect Evil shouldn't ping us as Evil, but I don't know about the items.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-05, 08:21 AM
Btw, if I'm not mistaken non of us should have an evil aura (yet, since less than 5 HD and no class specific aura (we've "lost" our Antipaladin after all)), so at least his Detect Evil shouldn't ping us as Evil, but I don't know about the items.

Hm, good catch!

But... A little late.

Thanks for pointing this out, but going back at this point would be a ret con, and I hate those.

So I'm gonna say that for now, due to your recent pact of blood with Asmodeus, you've got a temporary evil aura that he can see. And then once you're out of the dungeon the "aura will fade", and we'll play it the proper way.

If you're worried about it, recall that there's been at least 1-2 occasions where you've benefitted from your own detect alignment abilities down here, and there ain't NOTHING down here bigger than 4 HD.

Starbin
2013-03-05, 09:16 AM
I keep wanting to say something with Rekker, just so I can roll a one with my untrained Diplomacy!

Let me know if you think Intimidation will help ..."TIMMY! Get the F#%}k over here!"

Yeah?

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 09:19 AM
Well we could alway sleep/colorspray them then tell the boy lie to him about his master... then his path to darkness will be ensured muahahaha

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 10:52 AM
...Need some back up liers my friends... that roll may sink us!

Frivolous
2013-03-05, 11:06 AM
Sorry, I didn't see your IC post earlier, Morbis.

Sirin concocted a completely different (but not mutually exclusive) lie.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 11:15 AM
Sorry, I didn't see your IC post earlier, Morbis.

Sirin concocted a completely different (but not mutually exclusive) lie.

no worries and I doubt you can take 10 on a bluff in this situation but we shall see

Frivolous
2013-03-05, 11:21 AM
Oh. If I can't take 10, then here is Sirin's Bluff roll for it:

Bluff: [roll0]

Although ideally Sirin would be supporting Jodi's lie, so if possible she would Aid Another on Jodi.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 11:46 AM
Oh. If I can't take 10, then here is Sirin's Bluff roll for it:

Bluff: [roll0]

Although ideally Sirin would be supporting Jodi's lie, so if possible she would Aid Another on Jodi.

Realistically you are supporting her since all she is trying to do is discredit the paladin. She just put a focus on it: the pendant which we need to get out. Hopefully the Paladin will flip out and attack us immediately thus allowing us to 'defend ourselves'

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 01:59 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear... Jodiah decided to cast colorspray at the paladin her patience has waned...

Morbis Meh
2013-03-05, 02:41 PM
Damn GM and their luck... oh well last spell used for the day and gnome will go into the back, the barb and inquisitor can handle him.

Frivolous
2013-03-05, 08:09 PM
Sigh. Can't even get a 10 on the stupid Aid Another roll I'm forced to do since Sirin can do nothing else reliably.

Angstrom: I am not entirely sure Sleep was a good idea. It affects 4 HD of creatures and it affects the lower HD creatures first. :smallsmile:

If Bellmore is higher HD than 2, then it'll work on -us- first. Though hopefully Timmy also, of course.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-05, 08:34 PM
Sigh. Can't even get a 10 on the stupid Aid Another roll I'm forced to do since Sirin can do nothing else reliably.

Angstrom: I am not entirely sure Sleep was a good idea. It affects 4 HD of creatures and it affects the lower HD creatures first. :smallsmile:

If Bellmore is higher HD than 2, then it'll work on -us- first. Though hopefully Timmy also, of course.

Fortunately, she can easily put it behind Sir Bellmore, and out of the zone where it will catch the party.

Angstrom
2013-03-05, 09:34 PM

As LD said, it was fine before; now its a terrible idea. If he's more than 2 HD its would only put Rekker or Mathras to sleep.

Beguiling Voice it is.

Starbin
2013-03-06, 03:12 PM
Well that sucks! I was planning on posting, but it appears that I lost two actions. Best part is now I'm fatigued for two rounds, with single digit hps and and probably a 10 AC.

This was fun while it lasted... must be the anti-barbarian theme of this group :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-03-06, 03:14 PM
Well that sucks! I was planning on posting, but it appears that I lost two actions. Best part is now I'm fatigued for two rounds, with single digit hps and and probably a 10 AC.

This was fun...

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to ruin your action :smallfrown: I just didn't want your turn getting skipped again

Starbin
2013-03-06, 03:15 PM
No worries... it's part of the game. Just crappy timing.

Stricken due to awesome DM.:smallsmile: I'll post on my next 10 min break.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-06, 03:16 PM
No worries... it's part of the game. Just crappy timing.

Actually LD just said IC that he will allow you to act so you can take your action sans my mess up... you can still win the day! I will edit my IC response

Frivolous
2013-03-06, 07:25 PM
That's three times Sirin has failed with Aid Another. :smallyuk:

The GitP dice roller really doesn't want her to help Marthras in this battle.

Angstrom
2013-03-06, 07:42 PM
I like the darkness idea, though I'm not sure how feasible it is with the Paladin blocking the way to the other half of the light sources. Once the second level spells come around, Bridget will learn Darkness; it synchs well with Beguiling Voice since she doesn't need to see them to target opponents with it.

Starbin
2013-03-06, 07:44 PM
For the record, I love any idea that doesn't end with me getting skewered next round ... which I think will be a foregone conclusion.

Frivolous
2013-03-06, 07:56 PM
I like the darkness idea, though I'm not sure how feasible it is with the Paladin blocking the way to the other half of the light sources. Once the second level spells come around, Bridget will learn Darkness; it synchs well with Beguiling Voice since she doesn't need to see them to target opponents with it.

Jodi has Mage Hand, doesn't she?

Edit: I mean, that's why Sirin suggested it to "Lizbeth": Because she has a proven ability to move stuff around.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-06, 10:36 PM
Jodi has Mage Hand, doesn't she?

Edit: I mean, that's why Sirin suggested it to "Lizbeth": Because she has a proven ability to move stuff around.

Yes she does have it, she is down to her Orisons at this point

Finkmilkana
2013-03-06, 11:17 PM
Rekker runs while I try to tank him some more and whoever has ranged weapons uses them? I should at least be able to stand for 2-3 rounds against him, that might be enough to bring him down.

Frivolous
2013-03-07, 08:43 AM
Yes she does have it, she is down to her Orisons at this point

Alternatively Jodi can use Create Water and treat the interior of the lantern as a container, fill it with water.

I can see at least two major paths to our success:

First, he fails a Will save vs Bridget's voice and can't do anything for a round. Marthras using CLW on Rekker while Sirin continues to try Aid Another.

Second, Jodi douses the few lights available. In complete darkness, Bellmore would be at a SEVERE disadvantage.

Starbin
2013-03-07, 08:46 AM
I would not be surprised if he could cast light in some way ... Don't put all our eggs in one cart before the crow flies ... Or something like that.

Frivolous
2013-03-07, 08:52 AM
I would not be surprised if he could cast light in some way ... Don't put all our eggs in one cart before the crow flies ... Or something like that.

Eh, if he casts Light he opens himself up to AoO.

But yes, both at once would be ideal, if Bridget's voice worked and the lights all went out.

The only real downside is the rest of us would not be able to attack either.

Starbin
2013-03-07, 09:17 AM
Speak for yourself, bright eyes ... Unless we're in magical darkness, Rekker can see.

And the pally could defensively cast, I think.

Frivolous
2013-03-07, 09:24 AM
Speak for yourself, bright eyes ... Unless we're in magical darkness, Rekker can see.

And the pally could defensively cast, I think.

Yes. "Rest of us" meaning every PC but Rekker. :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-03-07, 09:45 AM
Yes. "Rest of us" meaning every PC but Rekker. :smallsmile:

:smallredface: Sorry... I get excited about the few actions I have that don't require a roll!

Morbis Meh
2013-03-07, 10:13 AM
Well if he does cast defensivly he has a good chance of failing: DC of 17 with a bonus of anywhere between 1-6. He cannot create light anyways it's not on their spell list and when he can create a light source he would need access to level 2 spells... if that was the case we would be screwed lol So I think dousing lamps is a good idea if we can prevent Rekker from dying...

Morbis Meh
2013-03-07, 10:38 AM
LD, how many torches are in the room? I will spam create water to put them out if I can after Rekker and Mathras go....

Starbin
2013-03-07, 11:18 AM
Hmmm ... that looks suspiciously like a threat ...

Confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Frivolous
2013-03-07, 11:42 AM
LD, how many torches are in the room? I will spam create water to put them out if I can after Rekker and Mathras go....

Sirin brought 2 torches with her from the corridor to the screaming mushroom room. Gave them both to Timeon (who then dropped them as he fell asleep).

So at most there should be 2 torches, not including the lantern in Bellmore's cell.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-07, 11:48 AM
Yay for appropriate and climatic critical hit to the face!

Starbin
2013-03-07, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the die roller surely does giveth and taketh ... glad we goteth while the getting-eth was goodeth ..or something. Eth.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-07, 11:20 PM
Just to let you know, I wont be near any computer for this weekend.
If required please puppeteer me.

Frivolous
2013-03-11, 08:59 AM
Stupid dice roller! How dare you give me a freaking 27 (natural 20!) on an Aid Another roll!

*shakes fist*

Morbis Meh
2013-03-11, 10:19 AM
Just letting people know I am alive... I have a really busy 3 day weekend hence why I have not posted

Starbin
2013-03-11, 10:28 AM
That's three times Sirin has failed with Aid Another. :smallyuk:

The GitP dice roller really doesn't want her to help Marthras in this battle.

Stupid dice roller! How dare you give me a freaking 27 (natural 20!) on an Aid Another roll!

*shakes fist*

Man, the die roller just can't win with you! :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-03-11, 10:38 AM
Me either... rolled a 3 with my diplomacy check bah this roller needs to be stabbed a couple of times.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-11, 07:50 PM
So, I'm back. But right now I wouldn't know what to post^^

Angstrom
2013-03-12, 12:04 AM
Wait, isn't there a silver and sapphire pendant that we need to return with? Do we have that yet?

Starbin
2013-03-12, 12:05 AM
I think it was Bellemore's symbol.

Frivolous
2013-03-12, 07:17 AM
Sirin has the silver and sapphire pendant. It is in her pouch.

She has avoided touching it in case it burns her or something.

Starbin
2013-03-12, 09:36 PM
So are we fast-forwarding to leaving? We haven't seen how Timeon is going to react, so I'm reluctant to post beyond that just yet ...

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-12, 09:57 PM
Timeon is sitting very still and shutting up quite a lot, just like he was told to do.

Frankly, he's terrified of the Cardinal, and wants out of there.

NOW, if you WANT to do something in the office, or talk to the Cardinal or Tiadora, go ahead. Don't let one person's moving ahead stop what you want to do.

Angstrom
2013-03-12, 11:31 PM
Sirin has the silver and sapphire pendant. It is in her pouch.

Missed that.

Don't have much for Bridget to do, especially since she didn't really get up to much during the trial.

gdmcbride
2013-03-13, 02:42 AM
Noticed your game and read it. Very cool. I especially like what you've done and doing to poor Timeon.

Game on, my friends.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games (http://www.firemountaingames.com)

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 08:40 AM
Well I'll be darned, it's one of the authors himself!

Thank you for the kind words, sir, and I hope we continue to amuse as the path unwinds... :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 08:42 AM
Missed that.

Don't have much for Bridget to do, especially since she didn't really get up to much during the trial.

Patience, your time will come.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-13, 08:43 AM
...Wow we have approval from one of the writers sweet.... As for Timeon *evil smile*

Finkmilkana
2013-03-13, 09:57 AM
Knowledge Religion check:[roll0]

Frivolous
2013-03-13, 10:08 AM
Lost Demiurge: I am in the process of writing the post describing what Sirin did immediately after the interview with the Cardinal.

Hope it is okay since otherwise we might have lost the treasure on Bellmore's body as well as Bellmore's body itself.

Sirin has plans. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 10:32 AM
Lost Demiurge: I am in the process of writing the post describing what Sirin did immediately after the interview with the Cardinal.

Hope it is okay since otherwise we might have lost the treasure on Bellmore's body as well as Bellmore's body itself.

Sirin has plans. :smallsmile:

Sure, that's fine! I'll go edit the opening banquet post... There is NOT a figure present, wearing Sir Bellmore's armor.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-13, 10:35 AM
Sure, that's fine! I'll go edit the opening banquet post... There is NOT a figure present, wearing Sir Bellmore's armor.

This may be the day Jodiah becomes a vegetarian... damn who are you planning on feeding with that corpse besides Timeon of course... what better way to break a person than to feed their former mentor to them?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 10:38 AM
This may be the day Jodiah becomes a vegetarian... damn who are you planning on feeding with that corpse besides Timeon of course... what better way to break a person than to feed their former mentor to them?

*SNRK!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYtMoDcwAoQ

So Sirin's a cuter version of Cartman? Oh-kay... :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-03-13, 10:45 AM

Paladins and clerics of Mitra.

See, even without ranks in Knowledge (Religion), Sirin thinks she can screw with their heads by revealing at the right time that they were cannibals.

She plans on asking Marthras later if a ham sandwich can register as evil.

Starbin
2013-03-13, 11:36 AM
I thought I had taken the sword and shield already...

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 11:48 AM

You did. Sirin's scavenging the armor, I'm guessing.

Frivolous
2013-03-13, 02:59 PM

I must have lost track of that. My apologies.

Edit: In other news, I feel real great that Gary McBride saw fit to compliment us on how we're playing. Feels awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-03-13, 03:38 PM
So LD... I have been thinking, from what I know of you and your games I think it would be likely that this game will last for a while so we will probably get to higher levels... eventually. With Jodiah being a 'cultist leader' in all I figured it would be appropriate to take the leadership feat later on and I would make Timeon my cohort if he is still around. I was wondering what his stat block was like so Jodiah could properly train him in the down time but this is a long term goal so don't be too concerned with it. For all Nana Jodi knows she could go too far and completely break Timeon into a slobbering meat sack.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-13, 11:13 PM
She plans on asking Marthras later if a ham sandwich can register as evil.

If the ham is evil sure, but in this case it would rather seem to detect as good....

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-13, 11:19 PM
Timeon's stat line? Pretty horrible, to be honest. He's a level 1 aristocrat with int 9 and wis 8.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-14, 12:06 AM
Those mentals explain a lot....

Morbis Meh
2013-03-14, 08:21 AM
Timeon's stat line? Pretty horrible, to be honest. He's a level 1 aristocrat with int 9 and wis 8.

Hmmm maybe not lol though if he has decent dex/str/char he may make an effective blackguard but I was only thinking on it as something funny/appropriate. If he is meat fodder then I will simply build him into a suicide bomber!

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-14, 08:26 AM
Cha 10, dex and str of 13.

Frivolous
2013-03-14, 09:51 AM
Str of 13? We can use him as a porter.

Sirin alone has way too much stuff. It slows her down from 30 to 20.

Starbin
2013-03-14, 09:53 AM
<pouts> I thought I was the strong guy. How can I compete with a 13 Str boy?

Next thing you know, Jodi will want to make him her love slave!

What? She did? Dang it!

Morbis Meh
2013-03-14, 10:00 AM
<pouts> I thought I was the strong guy. How can I compete with a 13 Str boy?

Next thing you know, Jodi will want to make him her love slave!

What? She did? Dang it!

She did no such thing sir she has not touched the boy! That's what Rekkers for :smallbiggrin: She is just making the boy into a cultist and most likely a suicide bomber

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-14, 10:38 AM
Nah, Jodi didn't touch the kid. She has people for that sort of thing. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-03-14, 04:41 PM
Oh, I never said she 'touched' the boy ... of course, I did say love. Maybe not the right "L" word, regardless.

When do we get to chop him up and feed him to someone?