PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder OOC)



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Morbis Meh
2013-03-14, 04:44 PM
Oh, I never said she 'touched' the boy ... of course, I did say love. Maybe not the right "L" word, regardless.

When do we get to chop him up and feed him to someone?

Never he is going to be a suicide bomber in the name of Yog Sothoth Asmodeus :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-03-14, 04:49 PM
Right into the main church of Mistra?

Angstrom
2013-03-15, 11:02 AM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

All this talk is making me suspect an upcoming trial where Thorn will see if we walk the walk.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-15, 11:45 AM
[roll0]

Message to short, have to write some meaningless text.

damn

Frivolous
2013-03-15, 02:25 PM
Doo-bee-doo.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Starbin
2013-03-15, 03:38 PM
Whoops ... forgot to roll fail my Sense Motive ... [roll0]

Angstrom
2013-03-15, 07:05 PM
"I've already taken vengeance for that, so I have no further malice for you."

Grumblejack?

Frivolous
2013-03-16, 10:29 AM
FYI, we have some pieces of equipment that have not been doled out yet to any PC.

There is the masterwork longsword we picked up from Blackerly, but I am guessing Rekker will prefer to use Sir Bellmore's longsword.

There is also the breastplate we picked up from Sir Bellmore. Perhaps Marthras would like to use it? It would significantly improve his AC, and it costs 200 gp to purchase.

There is also Bridget's scroll of Disguise Self, which she no longer needs. I was thinking maybe she could sell it to Elise to cast on her familiar at need, but unfortunately Disguise Self is not in the Witch spell list. :smallsigh: Ah well.


Question: I hope to discuss and strategize OOC (and possibly IC as well) about our upcoming 3rd level skill and spell (and maybe feat) choices.

Would anyone else wish to discuss? I don't want to offend by making recommendations without permission, since leveling up is usually at the sole discretion of the player.

If no one wants, I withdraw my offer with apologies.

Angstrom
2013-03-16, 08:34 PM
Question: I hope to discuss and strategize OOC (and possibly IC as well) about our upcoming 3rd level skill and spell (and maybe feat) choices.

Would anyone else wish to discuss? I don't want to offend by making recommendations without permission, since leveling up is usually at the sole discretion of the player.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Coyctian Knot has circlets too anyways. The scroll will just sit in her inventory until we get a minion (Timeon) who needs to borrow the circlet.

I see nothing wrong with you offering your opinion when we level. Just needs to be solidified IC for it to be acted on ie: conversation about what spells Bridget should research/explore. Hopefully we'll have another chance to load up on gear again.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-16, 10:30 PM
The problem with the breastplate is that it also significantly slows me.
Basically I wanted to wait until I have the money for a mithral one.

Starbin
2013-03-18, 10:04 AM
Feel free to offer suggestions ... I'm sure we all reserve the right to ignore the advice :smallbiggrin:

As for the current scene, I'm not sure that Rekker has much more to add than "He quietly sips on his wine and watches the others debate. Some more."

So I'm here, just waiting for either a comment to stir his interest, or a reason to punch someone in the face. Barring that, you guys earn your brownie points and I'll wait for someone to ID the shield and sword!

Finkmilkana
2013-03-18, 10:19 AM
Hmm, I might have gone a bit to far there, the hopeless = fading thing is nothing official as far as I know (though I always found the idea quite interesting since I read "Surface Details", for what is hell without hope?), take that just as some philosophical musings by Marthras (well, that only a few souls become lemures and the rest fades actually is (golarion) canon, but I'm not sure if Marthras would Know it as I'm not sure if it would be Planes or Religion...).

Edit: If you want we can move on btw, it seems that right now this has become just a discussion between 2 characters...

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-18, 10:25 AM
Hmm, I might have gone a bit to far there, the hopeless = fading thing is nothing official as far as I know (though I always found the idea quite interesting since I read "Surface Details", for what is hell without hope?), take that just as some philosophical musings by Marthras (well, that only a few souls become lemures and the rest fades actually is (golarion) canon, but I'm not sure if Marthras would Know it as I'm not sure if it would be Planes or Religion...).

Edit: If you want we can move on btw, it seems that right now this has become just a discussion between 2 characters...

To be honest, I'm waiting for Nana Jodi's reactions to Elise's statement of vengeance.

But, if Morbis doesn't show up by Tuesday, or nobody else sees fit to ask Elise just WHAT kind of vengeance she got, I'll go ahead and advance the plot.

Frivolous
2013-03-18, 11:30 AM
I see nothing wrong with you offering your opinion when we level. Just needs to be solidified IC for it to be acted on ie: conversation about what spells Bridget should research/explore. Hopefully we'll have another chance to load up on gear again.

Of course. I planned on talking about it IC anyway.


The problem with the breastplate is that it also significantly slows me.
Basically I wanted to wait until I have the money for a mithral one.

I can see that. But if I may ask, how often does Marthras need to move at 30 feet?

It's no big if you don't want to. Just seems a bit of a waste not to use the breastplate and its larger bonus to AC.


Feel free to offer suggestions ... I'm sure we all reserve the right to ignore the advice :smallbiggrin:

Heh, thanks. :smallsmile:

My stupid advice: That when the PCs level up, they spend skill points on Knowledge skills, particularly the ones which are class skills. The party is seriously deficient on them.

Also getting cantrips and spells and items that work on the physical world and mindless creatures. Even cantrips like Ray of Frost would be nice.

Angstrom: Begging you to get Grease! Please please! :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-03-18, 11:51 AM
My stupid advice:That when the PCs level up, they spend skill points on Knowledge skills, particularly the ones which are class skills. The party is seriously deficient on them.

Also getting cantrips and spells and items that work on the physical world and mindless creatures. Even cantrips like Ray of Frost would be nice.

Angstrom: Begging you to get Grease! Please please! :smallsmile:

Hmm, apparently for me, I should swing harder. I've pretty much got all the KS I'm going to get as a class bonus, but KS: Local is not helping us out in dungeon crawls.

I still have faith that it will eventually become useful. Unfortunately, my inability to roll over a 5 may make it problematic :smallbiggrin:

Angstrom
2013-03-18, 11:55 AM
That when the PCs level up, they spend skill points on Knowledge skills, particularly the ones which are class skills. The party is seriously deficient on them.

Angstrom: Begging you to get Grease! Please please! :smallsmile:[/spoiler]

Not sure who has the highest int in the party, possibly Sirin. Jodiah and Bridget are both short on skill points if we intend on keeping our socials maxed, which Bridget's still aren't.

I was planning on Grease anyways. Fits thematically since she liked it on the scroll and has encountered situations where her enchantments have failed. Her starting spell selection was based around her backstory, but now that her job description has changed, abandoning her niche is necessary.

And I have no problem moving on.

Frivolous
2013-03-18, 12:16 PM
I get a natural 20 at the oddest times. I really wasn't expecting one for -that- roll.

Lost Demiurge: Sirin was mostly intending to change the subject and divert Jodi away from obliterating Elise at the dinner table.

A Bluff at 27 (perhaps modified, depending on how LD judges its plausibility) would be extremely believable.

I have no idea what the Cardinal and Tiadora will make of that. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-18, 12:27 PM
Alright then, we'll move on.

A pause to see if anyone wants to do anything for poor Grumblejack, and then we'll head to the next part.

As a side note, the next part will involve you guys levelling up to 3rd. So go ahead and do that, just bear in mind that you can't use anything gained from that in the matter with Grumblejack.

Also, does anyone recall the amount of basic starting wealth for third level?

Starbin
2013-03-18, 02:35 PM
Looks like 3000gp (from the table here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gamemastering.html#_table-12-4-character-wealth-by-level))

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-19, 09:07 AM
Alright, since Morbis is out sick, I'll go ahead and handwave a few things. Pity, but what can you do...

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-19, 10:38 PM
Right! Welcome to level 3!

In addition to third level, each of you also gain a special trait!

...Now, if for whatever reason, you absolutely CANNOT stand your free trait, let me know, and I'll give you something different. But bear in mind, you'll be stuck with the second choice if that's so, regardless of whether or not you like it.

And hey, it's free, y'know?

Everyone doing all right so far? Might be good to post a little montage of training, or any plans or things you want to do in the mansion in the meantime. After everyone's checked in, levelled up, and is ready, we'll move on.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-19, 11:23 PM
Now I have to put at least one rank into Knowledge: Planes^^

Angstrom
2013-03-19, 11:44 PM
[roll0]

Also, Bridget already has a trait bonus to bluff, will they stack?

Starbin
2013-03-19, 11:47 PM
Thinking about taking a level in fighter two get two feats this level. Initially I was looking at Power Attack and Furious Focus ... that would let me do 1d12+9 damage w/a great axe, or 1d12+12 while raging w/o any loss of BAB on the first attack. Of course y'all might have some other ideas ...

Alternatively, I could just take a level in Brb and get an extra hp (on average), 2-3 skill points, at least 2 rnds of rage, and Trap Sense.

What I'm wondering is if that -1 AC penalty is all that ... I suppose it depends on whether we're getting more money for equipment ... and what Bellemore's sword and shield are worth.

Angstrom
2013-03-20, 12:09 AM
Thinking about taking a level in fighter two get two feats this level.

What I'm wondering is if that -1 AC penalty is all that ...

The way pathfinder tends to work is that sticking with one class tends to get the best results in the end. Better rage powers etc.

Depends on how much the team will be sneaking around. If Mathras sticks with light armour then we'll be pretty suitable for stealth as a unit. Kind of relevant is Bridget's feat choice since I was considering taking additional traits to grab some bonuses that will reflect the flavour of the montage scene.

Would the party want to focus on stealth enough for grabbing it as a class skill to be worth it? If not she'll grab the Fast Learner feat to help her keep up with the skills thing. Its a bit weird in the way that its written though, since she uses the alternate favoured class option to gain cantrips.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-20, 01:13 AM
[roll0]

Considering that he sacrificed quite a bit combat prowess for it (and good bluff/intimidate), yes, he'll stick to being stealthy :smallbiggrin:

And the forum roller doesn't disappoint.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-20, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah, almost forgot, stuff!

Everyone's gonna get 2000 GP worth of items tailored for them. Magical or mundane, makes no diff.

However, there's no way to sell existing treasure, sadly. Sorry, Starbin! Especially Bellmore's stuff, that stuff is fairly distinctive and the Cardinal doesn't want loose ends. It IS Paladin's armor. You might find a use for it later.

Angstrom, these are, well... Best way I can put it is "Prestige" traits. So yeah, I'm gonna say that these bonuses stack with existing traits.

Starbin
2013-03-20, 10:17 AM
Okay, I'll go Barb ... [roll0]

Curious, should we all learn a specific language for tactical advantage?

Frivolous
2013-03-20, 11:02 AM
Curious, should we all learn a specific language for tactical advantage?

I dunno about tactical advantage, but one or more of us should learn how to speak Goblin, since we'll be treating with bugbears.


Lost Demiurge: Would you allow us to purchase a Wand of Cure Light Wounds? Or even a Wand of Infernal Healing?

Are we headed to just cold country or really cold country?

Um, what season of the year will it be in 3 months up north?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-20, 11:20 AM
I dunno about tactical advantage, but one or more of us should learn how to speak Goblin, since we'll be treating with bugbears.


Lost Demiurge: Would you allow us to purchase a Wand of Cure Light Wounds? Or even a Wand of Infernal Healing?

Are we headed to just cold country or really cold country?

Um, what season of the year will it be in 3 months up north?

You're basically heading to Alaska. It'll be snow everywhere, the land never really gets far out of winter.

And yes, if a few of you want to pool your resources that's fine. Yes, you can get a wand of some sort of healing if you want.

Frivolous
2013-03-20, 11:57 AM
I guess everyone should buy a cold-weather outfit then.

May also want scrolls that might be useful in a cold snowy environment: Endure Elements, Feather Step, etc.

Hit Points: [roll0]

Please roll high, please roll high, please roll high... :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-03-20, 12:15 PM
Hmm, I wish I were there right now, it's so freaking hot around here....

Frivolous
2013-03-20, 09:39 PM
LD, when purchasing magic items, would you allow us to purchase them at the least possible price?

For example: Potion of Undetectable Alignment.

Undetectable Alignment is a spell that is level 2 for a cleric but only level 1 for a bard. The cost is much less if a bard makes the potion.

What is your opinion?

By the way, I haven't updated Sirin's sheet yet. Still picking out stuff. Hope you all don't mind some delay.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-20, 10:25 PM
LD, when purchasing magic items, would you allow us to purchase them at the least possible price?

For example: Potion of Undetectable Alignment.

Undetectable Alignment is a spell that is level 2 for a cleric but only level 1 for a bard. The cost is much less if a bard makes the potion.

What is your opinion?

By the way, I haven't updated Sirin's sheet yet. Still picking out stuff. Hope you all don't mind some delay.

Sure, go for it.

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 10:14 AM
Thanks. 50 gp to blot out alignment detection for 24 hours. :smallsmile:

Another couple of questions, LD:

1. I guess the ham and sausages made from Sir Bellmore won't last 3 months, yes?

2. Can Sirin research what would happen if a follower, particularly a cleric or paladin or inquisitor, of Mitra ate of humanoid flesh even inadvertently?

She has access to the Cardinal's library, so could she like take 20 on the Knowledge (Religion) roll?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-21, 10:28 AM
Yeah, they'll last three months. Salt and preservatives are pretty awesome that way.

Sadly, while you might disgust quite a few people and cause paladins to seek atonement, accidental cannibalism's not an instant-out-of-grace thing to Mitrans. If they didn't know what they were eating or were fooled, god still loves them. Of course, if they find out, then they have to pay penance and do atonement to stay in his good graces.

And smiting an evildoer ALWAYS take precedence over atonement. Do that first, then the second later.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-21, 10:46 AM
Hmm, the potions might indeed be a good idea.

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 12:02 PM
Thanks anyway, LD. :smallsmile:

May I ask if we can trade in some of our equipment for gold, even if only at half-price?

I ask because I plan on getting the following:


Mithral shirt, 1100 gp
Wand of Cure Light Wounds, 750 gp
Potion of Undetectable Alignment, 50 gp (bard version, level 1)
Potion of Resist Energy (Cold), 50 gp (ranger version, level 1)

It adds up to 1950 gp, leaving 50 gp to buy a cold-weather outfit with, and for incidental expenses along the way.

However, if Sirin can sell her studded leather armor for even half-price, she can buy a cold-weather outfit with the proceeds and also afford a 3rd potion.

Since I doubt Sirin actually needs a 3rd potion, I am fine either way. Just wanted to ask.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-21, 12:09 PM
Sure if we pool 300 of our wealth we can buy a wand of endure elements and wand of CLW... btw are we level 3 or still level 2?

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 12:13 PM
We are level 3, Morbis.

I'd rather not splurge on a Wand of Endure Elements, since it is cheaper to buy a cold-weather outfit.

I'm buying a potion of Resist Cold because I'm betting we'll meet some cold-type monsters or something. Endure Elements won't help with those.

Edit: There is no need to help buy the Wand of CLW. I'm willing to absorb the cost myself, and I promise that Sirin will not mind using it on her dear companions. :smallsmile:

Though I do admit she does tend to be thrifty with magical item charges.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-21, 12:27 PM
No, sorry, there's no way to sell existing treasure right now. The Cardinal does NOT want loose ends.

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 12:28 PM
Nods. It's cool either way.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-21, 12:32 PM
We are level 3, Morbis.

I'd rather not splurge on a Wand of Endure Elements, since it is cheaper to buy a cold-weather outfit.

I'm buying a potion of Resist Cold because I'm betting we'll meet some cold-type monsters or something. Endure Elements won't help with those.

Edit: There is no need to help buy the Wand of CLW. I'm willing to absorb the cost myself, and I promise that Sirin will not mind using it on her dear companions. :smallsmile:

Though I do admit she does tend to be thrifty with magical item charges.

Though if we are outside for any significant amount of time we will have to make fort saves against non lethal damage, we can just bypass all of that with the wand. So any suggestions for a new spell?

Rolling HP I guess [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 12:55 PM
True, but we don't know for how long we're going to be in the North. A Wand might make sense if we were to stay for weeks or months, but what if only for days?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we tend to complete challenges quite rapidly.

As for spells... I'm not sure if it's in Jodi's character, but what about Bless? Very reliable standby with an enormous area of effect, and it remains useful continually.

Or Protection from Good.

I've played cleric a lot, but my choices tend to be fairly conservative, so please ignore the above if you don't think it would be in Jodi's nature. :smallsmile:

Angstrom
2013-03-21, 01:22 PM
I don't know about Jodi and Mathras, but Bridget will be using the double spring loaded wrist sheaths with probably a wand of silent image and maybe either obscuring mist or enlarge person depending on what the group would prefer. Starbin and Fink, how valuable would enlarge person be to you?

Also, can we assume the Cardinal or Tiadora would be willing and able to supply more information about what we are expected to do. I'd expect Thorn to have lots of info regarding the who's who of the fortress if this mission is really as important as he claims. Drop off the cargo and leave it there for the bugbears or ensure delivery? What is the town we are going to like? Are we required to kill the entire pirate crew or can we keep certain minions as aids? Are Timeon and Grumblejack coming with us? I'd say leave them behind since an ogre raises a lot of questions while Bridget doesn't trust Timeon not to blow our cover.

Frivolous
2013-03-21, 01:59 PM
I think we can pick up the information we need about the area we're going to on the way or once we arrive. The party is terribly strong in Diplomacy.

Is anyone going to pick up a rank in Knowledge (Geography) or Knowledge (Nobility)? I can see either one being of use.

Sirin also would not want to bring either Timeon or Grumblejack, and for the same reasons.

Oh, and please assume that Sirin has shared with everyone what she learned from Tiadora about the veil.

Starbin
2013-03-21, 02:08 PM
Okay, so looking at the following for shopping:

Cold Wx gear - 7gp
+1 Lamellar (leather) - 1210gp
MW Lucern Hammer - 315gp

Trying to decide if I want to spend 400gp on a Comp Longbow +3 Str, or something else.

Couple questions for LD:
1) Do the sword or shield have any distinguishing markings or runes (like Bellemore's crest), or are they 'normal' magical weapons?
2) Can we get a map of where we're going?

For the group - what is our plan for Timmy? How about Grumblejack?

For Angstrom - Currently, with the hammer, Rekker will be +8/1d12+6 and AC 17, (+10/1d12+9, AC 17 or 15 while raging) with reach. Enlarged, he'd be +8/3d6+7 and AC15, (+10/3d6+10, AC 15/13). So same to hit, but an average damage increase of 4-5 per hit. Oh, and he would threaten out to 20 ft ... do y'all think that's worth it? I'm pretty sure Rekker will become a pincushion at that point, so there's the give and take.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-21, 03:25 PM
@Angstrom: If you've got questions for the Cardinal and Tiadora, ask'em in game.

@Starbin: The sword and shield are masterworked, which means they are distinctive, and have maker's marks. The shield bears Bellmore's crest.

Again, if you have questions suitable for the Cardinal and Tiadora, ask'em in game.

Angstrom
2013-03-21, 06:19 PM
Edited into the post. I haven't yet figured out if quoting the nine lessons to the Cardinal is acceptable.

I've opted for Stone Shield (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/stone-shield) (if spells from other races are allowed) and Silent Image Wands. Both fully charged unless I can get the Silent Image one with reduced charges. That leaves ~450gp left for scrolls and potions. Any requests?

Also, has anyone else put ranks into linguistics in order to speak goblinoid?

Starbin
2013-03-21, 06:24 PM
Rekker went to the library to find a map, but if I need to specifically ask, I suppose we could do that too.

Stone Shield ... I thought that was an Oread spell?

Rekker took a rank to speak goblin. No requests from me.

Ps - since the sword & shield are 'marked' Rekker will be leaving those behind. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-03-22, 05:09 AM
Well, enlarge person is always nice if the room permits.

Frivolous
2013-03-22, 06:39 AM
I've been thinking over Angstrom's suggestion that I make the wand be of Infernal Healing instead of Cure Light Wounds.

If no-one minds, I will do that, change the wand to one of Infernal Healing.

Angstrom: If you are taking requests or suggestions:

Scrolls: Unseen Servant, Identify, Comprehend Languages, Ant Haul, Endure Elements, Sculpt Corpse, Vocal Alteration, Mage Armor, Magic Aura.

All the spells above are 1st level and can be useful. Vocal Alteration is particularly useful since Bridget has Ventriloquism and we have the Circlets.

Potions: Delay Poison (the ranger version, only 1st level), Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Restoration (2nd level and thus expensive, but probably very important in an emergency).

Oh, and Sirin learned Goblin.

I don't know if I would make a wand be of Stone Shield. It only lasts 1 round each charge and it only works near a large amount of earth or stone.

You might be better off making the second wand be of Mage Armor. Boring but practical.

Frivolous
2013-03-22, 08:01 AM
Ps - since the sword & shield are 'marked' Rekker will be leaving those behind. :smallsmile:

I believe you can take them along so long as you don't let go of them or hide them properly.

The Circlet Rekker wears might allow him to change their appearance. Or just keep them under a blanket.

Or we just kill all the witnesses. That works, too. :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-03-22, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I thought about keeping them, because it might actually be a bit before we come back (unless that clay disc is actually a teleport thing). I might take the sword, but I can't imagine using the shield right now ... with as much as Thorne seems intent on staying below the radar for now, I'm not sure I want the chance of someone seeing the shield.

Actually, I'm acting like these are Rekker's ... if Marthras wants them, so be it! Maybe there will be an opportunity for someone to pretend to be Bellemore.

Oh, and for Grumble and Timmy ... we might want to consider if either of those two will still be here when we get back. I could see them both being either co-opted or killed. Just something to consider.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-22, 09:04 AM
A few notes...

Yes, you can buy wands of less than full charges.

Yes, the circlet will conceal marks on distinctive items. However, if you put them down, or drop them, they'll revert to their regular appearance.

Stone shield, sorry to say, is an Oread-only spell. Choose another, please.

Yes, you can get a map of where you're going.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-22, 11:49 AM
Grumblejack will be a meat shield, Timeon well since he is pathetic I am going to break his mind and make him a suicide bomber :smallbiggrin: Now onto items.... hmmm I will need to look up some items but if we're pooling for CLW and a wand of endure elements then that will give me 1700. I took murderous command as my spell I feel it is highly appropriate for Nana Jodi to have. I will probably buy a few wands... will get back to you on which ones.

Starbin
2013-03-22, 12:46 PM
Maybe you should preserve Timmy as a potential sacrifice, for when one of you hard chargers decides to get a level of cleric!

Fink, do you want the shield or sword?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-22, 12:58 PM
All I can think of when you call him Timmy is that one running gag from Dinosaurs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVA698Hx2g

Starbin
2013-03-22, 01:10 PM
That's probably pretty accurate! Of course, I've been thinking more along these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TloqFIEZJ6E) lines ...

Angstrom
2013-03-22, 02:14 PM
Stone shield, sorry to say, is an Oread-only spell. Choose another, please.

Fair enough, though I figured with it being on a wand and not her spell list it might be ok. Like infernal healing, the flavour of it just seems better than the alternatives. Bridget is an enchantress after all, and surprise spells like Stone Shield are more thematically fitting than walking around in conjured force armour.

As or taking Grumblejack and Timmy, I would worry about Timmy knowing too much. Grumblejack could be left with the Cardinal to be properly trained, and Timmy, well, I agree that he's more suitable as a sacrifice than as an incendiary. Too likely to blow our cover if we bring him with us.

One solution to Bellmore's stuff is to full on change them. One of Thorn's slaves must be at least competent as a smith. Or, if Mathras or Rekker decides that in the 3 months they want to take a rank in craft: arms and armour or profession: smith, they could do it themselves. Not tampering with the blade, just the ornate hilt, should allow it to keep its masterwork quality, while any issues with weighting could potentially be remedied by a craftsman with enough time. Same thing goes for removing the crest on the shield.

@Friv, all good suggestions. I might aim to put Sculpt Corpse on a wand, since its the type of spell that will occasionally need multiple castings. Perhaps a scroll reduce person or two for Sirin would be helpful as well. Perhaps a scroll of Interrogation is warranted too, though that may be more Mathras's domain than Bridget's.

I completely agree that Murderous Command is great for Jodi.

Frivolous
2013-03-22, 04:31 PM
I'm afraid Timmy would make a mediocre sacrifice at best. :smallbiggrin:


The passage seems to suggest that one aspiring to be a cleric of Asmodeus should ritually sacrifice a sentient being to Asmodeus. The stronger the soul, the more chance of getting additional gifts, but as long as the rite is done properly, any sentient sacrifice will do to initiate the one offering up the sacrifice into the priesthood.

I'm not sure what a strong soul means in this case, but a level 1 Aristocrat with Wisdom <10 -probably- isn't it.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-22, 05:08 PM
I'm afraid Timmy would make a mediocre sacrifice at best. :smallbiggrin:



I'm not sure what a strong soul means in this case, but a level 1 Aristocrat with Wisdom <10 -probably- isn't it.

It's a level thing. The more hit dice or levels, the more chance you have of getting a reward, and the better the reward.

Frivolous
2013-03-22, 06:23 PM
It's a level thing. The more hit dice or levels, the more chance you have of getting a reward, and the better the reward.

I figured it would be something like that. :smallsmile:

It's a little odd, but a toothless old geezer or crone might make an exceptional sacrifice, but an innocent child wouldn't.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-22, 11:36 PM
I would like the sword, but I sadly can't use it :smallannoyed:

Starbin
2013-03-22, 11:41 PM
So is it possible to have remarked the sword (and maybe shield) during our training?

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-22, 11:53 PM
So is it possible to have remarked the sword (and maybe shield) during our training?

Yes, yes it is. One of your servants can do it if you don't have the necessary crafting skill.

Starbin
2013-03-22, 11:59 PM
Sweet! Then they're coming with ... just in case.

Hell, it might even make for a nice gift, if we need to bribe someone.

Frivolous
2013-03-23, 10:29 AM
LD: I should have asked this earlier.

Does the ritual in the Gnosis Aeternum require any special ingredients or conditions besides the sacrifice?

If it requires anything expensive like unholy water or rare incense or something, I might change my equipment list a bit.

Also, is there any special way the victim is to be sacrificed, or is it up to the aspirant to decide how he dies?

Starbin
2013-03-23, 10:57 AM
Friv, just let us know if you need us to knock out an opponent ... Like say if you're planning on sacrificing the Captain we're supposed to kill :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-23, 11:05 AM
LD: I should have asked this earlier.

Does the ritual in the Gnosis Aeternum require any special ingredients or conditions besides the sacrifice?

If it requires anything expensive like unholy water or rare incense or something, I might change my equipment list a bit.

Also, is there any special way the victim is to be sacrificed, or is it up to the aspirant to decide how he dies?

'bout 50 GP worth of black and red candles, an altar of some sort (A table will do in a pinch so long as it's been gussied up to be evil looking,) and a holy symbol of Asmodeus prominently displayed.

And yeah, there's rules. (LAWFUL evil.) Without going into details, it involves a knife and several profane cuts.

(Some of which are probably just put in there to weed out candidates who aren't cut out for it, cause it's gonna be EXTRA messy...)

Frivolous
2013-03-23, 11:51 AM
LD: A table? Profane cuts? How very White Witch. :smallsmile:

All in all, the cost sounds doable. Sirin would have to give up one of her potions, but that can be done.

More questions: Are the candles worth 50 gp because they are specially made or are they worth 50 gp because the ritual requires so very many of them?

How much weight would the 50 gp worth of black and red candles be?

I don't know if you use encumbrance very strictly, but Sirin is currently very close to Heavy encumbrance. She has a LOT of gear.

The really heavy stuff is her bedroll, her waterskin, or mostly in her sack. She can drop all three items with minimal fuss if she has to make a run for it. But if the candles weigh too much she'll have to give up her notions of conducting the ritual while the party travels.

Starbin
2013-03-23, 12:08 PM
If only there was somebody strong on the team. Like a half-orc or ogre. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-23, 12:09 PM
LD: A table? Profane cuts? How very White Witch. :smallsmile:

All in all, the cost sounds doable. Sirin would have to give up one of her potions, but that can be done.

More questions: Are the candles worth 50 gp because they are specially made or are they worth 50 gp because the ritual requires so very many of them?

How much weight would the 50 gp worth of black and red candles be?

I don't know if you use encumbrance very strictly, but Sirin is currently very close to Heavy encumbrance. She has a LOT of gear.

The really heavy stuff is her bedroll, her waterskin, or mostly in her sack. She can drop all three items with minimal fuss if she has to make a run for it. But if the candles weigh too much she'll have to give up her notions of conducting the ritual while the party travels.

The candles would way bout 5 pounds, all told. And yeah, remember, you can ask other people to carry stuff for you. Grumblejack, Rekker, hell, even poor Timmy.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-23, 01:04 PM
Hey Starbin, found a map of Talingarde for ya!

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?617067-Fire-Mountain-Games-A-Free-Map-of-Talingarde

Frivolous
2013-03-23, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the input, LD. :smallsmile:

I won't be making any further changes, unless I made a big mistake somewhere.

Removed the potion of undetectable alignment and added the black and red candles and a nice evil altar cloth that I guesstimated as costing 10 gp and weighing 2 pounds.

Oh, and Sirin's favored class bonus this level goes to a skill point. Got her 1 rank in Knowledge (Nobility).

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-23, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the input, LD. :smallsmile:

I won't be making any further changes, unless I made a big mistake somewhere.

Removed the potion of undetectable alignment and added the black and red candles and a nice evil altar cloth that I guesstimated as costing 10 gp and weighing 2 pounds.

Oh, and Sirin's favored class bonus this level goes to a skill point. Got her 1 rank in Knowledge (Nobility).

S'cool. Don't sweat the alignment too much. The paladin being able to read you at this level was due to a mistake on my part, handwaved away by your recent signing away yer soul. You guys shouldn't ping on evil-dar until 6th level, unless you do something DRASTIC.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-23, 10:07 PM
Like taking a level of cleric.....

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-23, 11:44 PM
Like taking a level of cleric.....

Yeah, that'd do it.

Morbis Meh
2013-03-25, 08:48 AM
S'cool. Don't sweat the alignment too much. The paladin being able to read you at this level was due to a mistake on my part, handwaved away by your recent signing away yer soul. You guys shouldn't ping on evil-dar until 6th level, unless you do something DRASTIC.

You mean completely breaking the mind of a foolish teen isn't evil enough for you?!?!? Geez LD you're really making me work for this aren't you XD, if you want Timmy as a sacrifice that is up to you but hey you'll need to discuss that with Jodi. She is after all the one doing the breaking... Blah I guess I will buy a pearl of power and a few wands (that is if the CLW wand is being shared as a party cost). I will buy the Endure elements... freaking the Bugbears out with an almost naked gnome in the middle of a cold snap would be funny.

Frivolous
2013-03-25, 09:31 AM
Morbis: Sirin paid the entire cost for a wand of Infernal Healing.

If the rest of you want to buy a wand of CLW, that's fine. But Sirin has no more money to spare for that.

Finkmilkana
2013-03-27, 05:00 AM
[roll0]

Let's see if I manage to miss even such an easy roll.

And now comes the 19.....

Starbin
2013-03-27, 10:45 AM
Not sure I even care about the percpetion check right now, so I'll just press on :smalltongue:

Finkmilkana
2013-03-30, 05:35 AM
Just so you know: I'll be in Japan for the next week. While I'll have my laptop with me I can't guarantee that I find time everyday to post.

Frivolous
2013-03-30, 08:32 AM
Oooh, Japan. Congratulations, Finkmilkana. I hope you have an enjoyable and safe journey there, and return home safely as well.

I'll puppet you if there is need. Hope you don't mind if some of the puppet posts are merely Aid Another, just to bolster any Bluff or Diplomacy rolls.

Lost Demiurge
2013-03-30, 09:51 AM
Japan? SWEET!

No worries. This is a holiday weekend stateside, so people are gonna be harder to get ahold of than usual. We'll just kinda roll with it, and if things are temporarily slow so be it.

Angstrom
2013-03-30, 04:51 PM
That's great Fink, have a blast in the Land of the Rising Sun.

I guess Friv can puppet Mathras in combat when it occurs, which I'm quite certain it will. Even if we bluff them into letting us go, they will still realize later that our story is false and put two and two together in terms of the bugbears getting aid, which is exactly what the Cardinal told us to avoid.

Starbin
2013-04-01, 10:12 AM
As always, I don't think I'm visualizing this situation very well ... and I think I got confused. The two ships are next to each other, with a couple of gang-planks linking them. Now, the Captain came across and sat down, waiting for 'papers.' Bridget, however, directed Jodi, Rekker and Marthras to go over to the other ship, right?

Next, Marthras went back to go grab his longbow, so he's still on our ship. Rekker went across (as he was directed), but that wouldn't make any sense if the man I had to hand my special letter to was on our ship!

Jodi, obviously walked over to color spray the officer, which is neat, but leaves a lot of enemies outside the range.

If we are indeed all on our ship, that would mean there are 20 guys on the other ship, complete with reach weapons and crossbows (although only 4 are probably 'unsurprised'). If we have to assault across, we're in a nasty position (who made THAT tactical decision!).

Of course, if the alternative is that Rekker is on the other ship all by himself, I'm not sure I'm a fan of that either!

Regardless ... LD, could you explain it for me? Use small words ... I've only had one cup of coffee :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-04-01, 10:22 AM
Alright Starbin this is what has happened: The smaller ship has pulled up gangplanked to ours and their captain has come ALONE onto our ship. He was then colour sprayed and will soon be thrown overboard to drown since he is unconcious, paralyzed, blind and all that good stuff. Jodiah then has used an ability to create a 30 ft area of tangled bagged entangledness thus screwing over a large portion of the crew on the smaller vessel. Feel free to go over and wreak havoc... I forgot to roll to see how long the protoplasm lasts.

[roll0] all people caught in it have to roll a reflex of 15 to avoid being entangled and all take 1 acid damage per round.

Only one round but that will work nicely, anyone who fails the save can't charge, can only move half speed and anyone trying to shoot us with a crossbow takes a -4 penalty. That one round will allow for people to board the ship no problem with minimum interference.

Starbin
2013-04-01, 11:34 AM
I think it was confusing to me because it sounded like Bridget was directing us to go across (which is how I wrote my post). If I'm already over there, it changes things, obviously.

Now, if you have protospooge over there, will it entangle folks running over to attack as well?

Frivolous
2013-04-01, 11:40 AM
Sorry; I misread. I thought Bridget only instructed Rekker and Jodi across to the other ship, not including Marthras.

That was my mistake.

I could have sent Marthras across anyway, but I figured he would be better doing missile attacks.

May I ask if Sambryl did fall overboard?

Angstrom
2013-04-01, 12:29 PM
Seems like I'm the source of this confusion, sorry guys.

As I intended it, Bridget was suggesting Jodi, Rekker, and Mathras cross over, leaving Grumblejack, Sirin, and the northmen to defend our ship. She also tried to put the captain at ease so he wouldn't cross over to the ship.

That way, Jodi could get as many as possible with the Colour Spray and Mathras and Rekker could hold the line against anyone trying to cross. Having them alone on their boat seems like a bad idea since it opens up the possibility of them escaping.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-01, 01:42 PM
Seems like I'm the source of this confusion, sorry guys.

As I intended it, Bridget was suggesting Jodi, Rekker, and Mathras cross over, leaving Grumblejack, Sirin, and the northmen to defend our ship. She also tried to put the captain at ease so he wouldn't cross over to the ship.

That way, Jodi could get as many as possible with the Colour Spray and Mathras and Rekker could hold the line against anyone trying to cross. Having them alone on their boat seems like a bad idea since it opens up the possibility of them escaping.

...I see well that plan wouldn't have really worked since the captain came to our ship so crossing over to theirs is overly suspicious. The protoplasm should be enough to keep the crew at bay long enough so Rekker/Marthas could get over and prevent escape.

Starbin
2013-04-01, 04:02 PM
MM: Reading about the ecto-ball, it looks like you target a single person w/in 30 ... not the whole group. That being said, anyone in particular?

Angstrom
2013-04-01, 04:48 PM
...I see well that plan wouldn't have really worked since the captain came to our ship so crossing over to theirs is overly suspicious.

Yeah, but her aim was to prevent the captain from coming over in the first place. When they started talking he wasn't over yet; his soldiers were just laying out the boards. Also, I'm not sure how much cover the gunwales of this ship give, but Bridget will drop prone if she has to in order to be as safe possible from ranged weapons.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-01, 04:49 PM
MM: Reading about the ecto-ball, it looks like you target a single person w/in 30 ... not the whole group. That being said, anyone in particular?

My the entire entry on it is poorly worded.... it said hurl it at targets so my brain assumed that it is much better than it was... I think the fact that it requires a touch attack AND the vreatures gets a save is a little much... but hey I rolled the attack roll and the dice gods still hate me on average. Not a big deal, I trust LD's decision and judgement in this matter, he is by far the most fair GM I have ever had and a dang good story teller!

Starbin
2013-04-01, 04:55 PM
No worries ... I just didn't want to find myself wading through the stick stuff!

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-02, 01:33 PM
Hm. Evidently I've been unclear on a few things. I'll try to fix that in the future.

Starbin, most of the sailors on that ship have access to crossbows. If they didn't have them out, then they could draw them easily.

So when you charged out, three moved to close, most of the rest went toward the northmen, and the guys at the back have some room to shoot. It's a Patrol cog, not really that big. You couldn't really get to a point where you could occupy every potential crossbow user there.

Look on the bright side, you're averaging a 100% attack/kill rate so far. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-04-02, 01:50 PM
No worries ... it happens with PBB games, due to the lack of a good map program interface. I got the impression that four dudes were not surprised, cuz they were covering us ... the rest were just standing around, bored (and subsequently surprised by Jodi's attack).

Unless there's a major misunderstanding, I figure you'll be fair about it all ... I'm not trying to complain, I'm just using the spoiler to think out loud sometimes. Not my fault if it sounds like I'm whining.

Okay, I guess it actually is, so I'll work on that :smallbiggrin:

Go Team E.V.I.L!

Morbis Meh
2013-04-02, 02:04 PM
Or team beauties and the beast :smallbiggrin: Since right now Rekker is surrounded by beautiful (and rather wicked) women.

Starbin
2013-04-02, 03:30 PM
Well there is that, except for Marthras of course. Maybe he's really good looking, tho ...

Starbin
2013-04-04, 12:32 PM
Friv, I think you're thinking of OUR Captain ... someone detected auras on him, IIRC.

Frivolous
2013-04-04, 01:09 PM
Friv, I think you're thinking of OUR Captain ... someone detected auras on him, IIRC.

Oh. Yes, you're right. Sorry.

Altering the post now.

Starbin
2013-04-04, 01:20 PM
The half-orc has an idea! Aaaaaaand he finds himself back to cohort status.

Ah well, maybe one day he'll come up with something worthwhile :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-04-04, 01:34 PM
Starbin: Sirin is against it mostly because the party has orders to kill the crew of the Frosthamar.

Easier when they're all in one basket...err, ship.

In other news, I hope Finkmilkana comes back soon. It feels odd to be running Marthras. His design is different from what I would do, and I can't grasp the essence.

Starbin
2013-04-04, 01:46 PM
<shrugs> I like the idea of having a ship on hand ... to either return to home (if necessary), run for it (highly unlikely), or give to the bugbears.

As for taking longer, that's a matter of debate. However, its not like Rekker is going to fight it ... it was just an idea that popped into his rage-addled brain.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-04, 01:55 PM
<shrugs> I like the idea of having a ship on hand ... to either return to home (if necessary), run for it (highly unlikely), or give to the bugbears.

As for taking longer, that's a matter of debate. However, its not like Rekker is going to fight it ... it was just an idea that popped into his rage-addled brain.

Oh sir but we will have a ship of our own... the FrostHammer *Grin's evily* who needs the scout tub when we shall be shanking all the sailors for their fine craft. I do hope that some of the sailors died in the scrap but i doubt it... Oh well Jodiah and Sirin can lure them away in groups and have grumblejack/rekker kill them dead when they're all passed out on the floor.

Frivolous
2013-04-04, 03:19 PM
Sorry for not having paper and pen and ink in Sirin's equipment.

I'm pretty good at being prepared but it wasn't in Sirin's personality to have writing implements. She's not really that scholarly (yet).

Finkmilkana
2013-04-08, 06:29 AM
I'm back.

And I must say Japan is quite nice:smallbiggrin:
Though slightly less rain would have been nice...

Morbis Meh
2013-04-08, 09:31 AM
Welcome back Filk

Starbin
2013-04-08, 09:43 AM
KS: [roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-08, 09:46 AM
Yeah, welcome back!

Frivolous
2013-04-08, 11:15 AM
Glad you had a good time and made it safely back, Fink. :smallsmile:

Knowledge (Nobility): [roll0]

Starbin
2013-04-08, 03:02 PM
Just curious, Friv - did Sirin ask those questions aloud, in front of the Captain and his men? Or whispered to the group? Spilling the beans on our plan to arm the bugbears might be problematic, and would definitely change Rekker's perspective on what they needed to do here ...

Frivolous
2013-04-08, 07:45 PM
Oh, she said it aloud.

She normally would not, but since the party plans on killing all the crew of the Frosthamar anyway, why not? As far as Sirin is concerned, they're dead men.

Starbin
2013-04-09, 10:07 AM
Well, Rekker's concern is if the Captain decides this is too much. I was hoping his focus would be on the bugbears and not our relationship to them. Starts to put him on edge ... making it that much harder to catch him off-guard.

Of course, moot point right now, since the whole bugbear thing threw us for a loop. Damn those knowledge checks!

Morbis Meh
2013-04-09, 10:33 AM
Our course of action is simple really: What we need to do is *pause for dramatic tension* kill the batma.... wait wrong scenario. Though really I assume that bug bears rule based on strength so challenge the leader to a one on one duel for supremacy. Though as it would be amusing to have Nana Jodi one shot the leader, cut it off its head and drive it onto a stick that becomes her war banner and reign as supreme goddess of the bugbears. I feel it would be fitting for Rekker to do it because he is boss like that :smallcool:

Starbin
2013-04-09, 10:41 AM
Oh, I'm not too concerned about the bugbears ... call me crass, but as soon as 8 bugbears rolled up with the wrong markings, I thought "Mmmm ... XP!" :smallbiggrin:

I was hoping to use our sailors to fight them out, however, and was hoping for an uneven playing field in our favor.

Thank Asmodeus everyone is watching Rekker do his thing ... and are completely ignoring most of our group. :belkar:

Morbis Meh
2013-04-09, 11:00 AM
Oh, I'm not too concerned about the bugbears ... call me crass, but as soon as 8 bugbears rolled up with the wrong markings, I thought "Mmmm ... XP!" :smallbiggrin:

I was hoping to use our sailors to fight them out, however, and was hoping for an uneven playing field in our favor.

Thank Asmodeus everyone is watching Rekker do his thing ... and are completely ignoring most of our group. :belkar:

Oh sweet baby budha I realized I get hypnotic pattern soon... so many people will be acting like they're tripping on LSD and with Awesome display I can literally have a room full of people watching the crazy light show. Hmmm maybe I will have the light show display the complete win that was the X-Man cartoon from the 90's *cue epic intro*


God dang it I just realized out of the X-Men I am Jubilee :smallfrown:

Rekker: BEAST/WOLVERINE
SIRIN: Rogue (well once she finds a way to fly :smallwink:)
Bridget: Jean Grey with her mind controlling
Marthas: Cyclops except eyebeam of death becomes eyebeam of TRUTH!



LD: Professor X because you sir are as awesome as Patrick Stuart :smallbiggrin:

on a side note any talented artists in the group who would do a picture of our group in this way?

Angstrom
2013-04-09, 01:03 PM
Alternatively, we're the bad guys.
Rekker - Sabretooth/Juggernaut
Sirin - Mystique
Bridget - Emma Frost
Jodi - Scarlet Witch/Mastermind
Mathras - Stryfe

Starbin
2013-04-10, 12:27 AM
Sorry, I'll post in the morning ... just one question (not whining, just curious): Am I missing something with Intimidate? I keep thinking it's this awesome skill, but I haven't been able to impress anyone but Timeon with it. What am I doing wrong?

Finkmilkana
2013-04-10, 08:59 AM
I guess it depends on if you use the in-combat action demoralize which "only" makes one opponent shaken (so not that bad, they just fight slightly less well).

Or if you use the Influence Attitude option which takes a full minute of conversation to do anything, so is pretty much useless when enemies come towards you and then just charge without a real conversation.
Which is probably good, since else one would just put intimidate (or diplomacy) through the roof and never fight anything intelligent again.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-10, 09:05 AM
I guess it depends on if you use the in-combat action demoralize which "only" makes one opponent shaken (so not that bad, they just fight slightly less well).

Or if you use the Influence Attitude option which takes a full minute of conversation to do anything, so is pretty much useless when enemies come towards you and then just charge without a real conversation.
Which is probably good, since else one would just put intimidate (or diplomacy) through the roof and never fight anything intelligent again.

Intimidate becomes a great tool when you can take Dazzling display to demoralize anyone within your range!

Starbin
2013-04-10, 11:30 AM
Understood on all accounts ... I suppose if the other guy never lets you talk for a full minute, you'll never get to intimidate him! And, yeah, demoralize only works on a single opponent. However, 'pumping up' intimidate isn't as easy as all that ... I had to spend a feat to make mine worth anything - and it is nowhere NEAR as impressive as the Bluff and Diplomacy checks our group throw around. I just don't want to waste our time (and good rolls!) if the utility is only in combat. No worries, either way.

Now ... do we cap the Cap'n now?

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-10, 11:35 AM
Understood on all accounts ... I suppose if the other guy never lets you talk for a full minute, you'll never get to intimidate him! And, yeah, demoralize only works on a single opponent. However, 'pumping up' intimidate isn't as easy as all that ... I had to spend a feat to make mine worth anything - and it is nowhere NEAR as impressive as the Bluff and Diplomacy checks our group throw around. I just don't want to waste our time (and good rolls!) if the utility is only in combat. No worries, either way.

Now ... do we cap the Cap'n now?

It's up to you. Remember, the Cardinal said to let them take you across the lake to the town once you were done at the camp, here. But if you want to pop him early, there's less chance of risk later, probably.

Mind you, it takes about 5-6 people with profession-sailor to sail a Knarr. And monstrous humanoids tend to be lousy at trimming sails.

Starbin
2013-04-10, 11:39 AM
Damn you and your logical logic! Okay ... I'm guessing someone less hot-headed and mo smarta than Rekker will give the wave off sign.

Especially given the amount of skill points I'm sure we ALL put into sailing! :smallbiggrin:

So, while we collect personal gear, that should give us the few minutes for the grease to disappear, right?

Frivolous
2013-04-10, 11:51 AM
Starbin: Pardon me, but why would we collect gear when we're to continue sailing to the lake?

Are we going to chat with Sakkarot or just offload the weapons?

Starbin
2013-04-10, 11:54 AM
Personal gear ... like that 60lbs pack you've been hawking over the whole journey.

Unless you want to leave it there ...:smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-04-10, 12:02 PM
Hmm, let me rephrase: Why would we take our personal gear off the boat when we are to continue sailing on the boat?

Edit: Sorry if the questions above are dumb. Maybe I'm just really confused. It's really hot here right now.

Starbin
2013-04-10, 12:07 PM
Once again, if you didn't trust the crew to not rifle through your stuff. I thought you had made it clear that you weren't very forthcoming with what was in your stuff, so I expected you might want to keep it close. Rekker will not leave his gear, but that's just him.

If you don't want to, don't - its not that big of a deal.

My actual intent of the statement was to give everyone a reason to get into position in order to jump the crew ... but now that we're not doing that, it's moot. :smallsmile:

Sense Motive, just in case : [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-04-10, 12:14 PM
Oh that. Well, Sirin's heavier gear is all utilitarian stuff: Food, sunsticks, book, black tablecloth, rope, grappling hook, bedroll, waterskin, etc.

It's valuable to her, but she can't imagine someone else really wanting to steal it.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Starbin
2013-04-11, 10:58 AM
Awww crap ... hope we have a ship when we get back. Not sure my swim speed is fast enough to catch up to the good Captain.

Dammit, I keep the rest of you around for one simply thing - skill checks. And not ONE of you can make a darn sense motive! :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-04-11, 11:22 AM
Awww crap ... hope we have a ship when we get back. Not sure my swim speed is fast enough to catch up to the good Captain.

Dammit, I keep the rest of you around for one simply thing - skill checks. And not ONE of you can make a darn sense motive! :smallbiggrin:

Actually Marthas can.... the dice roller just hates us, you know that better than anyone my friend.

Starbin
2013-04-11, 11:26 AM
True, I expect you and I to roll crappy. I was hoping Frivoous or Angstrom would hook us up! No worries ... I guess we need the challenge!

Finkmilkana
2013-04-11, 12:39 PM
No, I certainly can't.........

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-11, 01:06 PM
Damn. Don't know what you people did to offend the dice roller. Ah well, so it goes...

Frivolous
2013-04-11, 01:15 PM
Maybe Bridget can get ESP as one of her 2nd level spells. That way we can do away with all these dumb Sense Motive rolls. :smallsmile:

Edit: Err, Detect Thoughts, I mean.

Starbin
2013-04-16, 10:12 AM
Hey, MM - let us know if our mission planning gets in the way of your subverting Timmy the Uninspired :smalltongue:

Morbis Meh
2013-04-16, 10:37 AM
Hey, MM - let us know if our mission planning gets in the way of your subverting Timmy the Uninspired :smalltongue:

You should know Jodiah by now, she isn't a planner hells to the know she will do things when she feels like it. You can plan and let her know how you want to kill random people but she knows she can barely balance her budget... Now mind raping a poor innocent youth that's a different story.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-16, 01:50 PM
Lessons I have learned from this campaign: The dark side is but one bottle of hooch and a prostitute/gigalo away!

Starbin
2013-04-16, 01:52 PM
Wait ... he got a bottle of hooch?

Damn, all I got was eternally damned, no t-shirt.

Frivolous
2013-04-17, 12:01 PM
Something I've been meaning to post:

I suppose it makes a lot of sense that evildoers are good at lying but bad at telling when others are being truthful or not. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-17, 12:16 PM
So. Anyone want to talk strategy with Bridget? Because really, you guys are in control of this particular scene.

Morbis Meh
2013-04-17, 12:20 PM
So. Anyone want to talk strategy with Bridget? Because really, you guys are in control of this particular scene.

...I wrote myself out of this scene since I posted before Friv :smallfrown:

Lost Demiurge
2013-04-17, 12:47 PM
...I wrote myself out of this scene since I posted before Friv :smallfrown:

No.

You can go back and edit your post. Grumblejack could have intimidated Timmy anywhere.

Frivolous
2013-04-30, 01:02 PM
LD: Hope it's all right that Sirin searched for the gold prior to scuttling the Frosthamar.

Also hope it's all right that Sirin got some practice in performing the sacrifice.

Starbin
2013-04-30, 01:27 PM
KS (Local): [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-04-30, 01:30 PM
I see someone's been performing the required regular kitten sacrifice to the GitP dice roller.

Starbin
2013-04-30, 01:35 PM
No, that's just the roller's way of mocking me. Natural 20's on fairly mundane DC checks ... I'll roll a 1 when the DC is 10 for vital information or for an attack.

Starbin
2013-04-30, 03:14 PM
So, we're going to say the 10ft, 560lbs beast is our porter?

I'm sure that won't raise any questions :smalltongue:

"Wait 'til you see the maid!"

I refuse to triple post, but just let me say {cries} "Thank you!"

Finkmilkana
2013-04-30, 10:32 PM
Rolling for HP: [roll0]

Seems I can never have nice things...

Morbis Meh
2013-05-01, 08:17 AM
come on dice roller don't spite Nana!

[roll0]

Yay evil little gnome supremacy!

Starbin
2013-05-01, 08:28 AM
For the record, unless I misread the disguise self spell, the circlet isn't going to be nearly as useful on our ogre as you might think. A nine-foot tall, 400lbs dude will probably still attract attention. Unless Grumble is a runt or a toddler ... ?

:smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-05-01, 08:31 AM
Come on, dice roller, give me better than average hit points this time...

Hit Points: [roll0]

Edit: Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge: Would you please confirm or deny that raising Intelligence grants you retroactive skill points?

It doesn't say otherwise in the rules, but I don't want to assume you agree.

Source for that is here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores


"All bonuses are retroactive when an ability score increases, be they bonuses to damage, to skill ranks, to hit points, to saves, to skill checks... all of them. Skill ranks not being retroactive are a 3.5 convention we specifically removed from the game because it was a weird exception to the rule, and since now there are no exceptions to this rule, there's no need to specifically state that skill ranks are retroactively granted if your Intelligence goes up."
[James Jacobs]

Finkmilkana
2013-05-01, 08:50 AM
Well, it certainly wont make him into a pretty girl or anything, but while a giant human brute will make people stare, a giant ogre will make most civilized people run in fear or for weapons.
Remember that Giant is a subtype now, so he can appear as human.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-01, 09:01 AM
Hey we can pass him off as some over grown man child... similar to paul coffee in the Green Mile except without the miracles...

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-01, 09:19 AM
@Starbin: Eh, humans with giant blood aren't entirely unknown in the north. He'd stand out, but not as much as an ogre would.

@Frivolous: Yep, raising intelligence grants you retroactive skill points. Just as raising constitution grants you retroactive hit points.

Starbin
2013-05-01, 09:21 AM
I guess the question is why do we need to bring him into town? If we can find a place to stay, we can sneak him there under cover of darkness and hide him in the basement. Hell, if y'all are as good at this infiltration game as I think you are, we could slay a household and take on their images!

Maybe we go and take out Timeon's family ... plenty of options other than hoping the 9ft giant doesn't attract TOO much attention. I think this is one that if we tip our foes off, it becomes a LOT harder. I get the impression this land is very puritan in nature (at least on the surface) - I'm guessing lots of folks are looking for reasons to turn people in for 'presumed' issues. "That boy is way to large ... must be sorcery!"

Just my two cents ...

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-01, 09:44 AM
I guess the question is why do we need to bring him into town? If we can find a place to stay, we can sneak him there under cover of darkness and hide him in the basement. Hell, if y'all are as good at this infiltration game as I think you are, we could slay a household and take on their images!

Maybe we go and take out Timeon's family ... plenty of options other than hoping the 9ft giant doesn't attract TOO much attention. I think this is one that if we tip our foes off, it becomes a LOT harder. I get the impression this land is very puritan in nature (at least on the surface) - I'm guessing lots of folks are looking for reasons to turn people in for 'presumed' issues. "That boy is way to large ... must be sorcery!"

Just my two cents ...

To clarify the land... (Since you DID get that nat 20, here's what you know.)

You're kind of on the frontier, here. At a trade town, that's a bit more cosmopolitan, and fairly far away from major centers of intolerance worship. Too, the place is used to adventurers trucking back and forth, and we ALL know how many weirdos tend to be in those groups. He is probably gonna get some attention, and it's likely that some quick talking may be required at some point, but as long as you're not looking to live there for too long, it's probably not going to matter.

OR you could slip him in via stealth like you suggested, and bypass the issue entirely.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-01, 10:52 AM
I guess the question is why do we need to bring him into town? If we can find a place to stay, we can sneak him there under cover of darkness and hide him in the basement. Hell, if y'all are as good at this infiltration game as I think you are, we could slay a household and take on their images!

Just my two cents ...

I love this idea (due to the sheer evilness of it) but there are flaws... we would need to study the family first to memorize their routines and mannerisms which takes time we don't have. Secondly once we become accustomed to their routines we still have to emulate them to avoid arousing suspicion. Sneaking him in at night is a good idea but we will have more freedom under the guise of transient adventurers than as an established family.

Starbin
2013-05-01, 10:05 PM
No worries - I realize the impersonation route is a bit much. I was actually thinking more along the lines of killing a family at an outlying farm or something. Or killing Timmy's family (perhaps after having him rape his mother/sister, eat his fathers heart, drink a flagon of his brothers blood, or something equally nasty) and telling everyone that they were called to the capital. Then we could stay at his house without having to fake too much.

EDIT: Thinking about taking raging climber, mainly cuz nothing else really stands out. Is it me or are rogue talents much more useful than rage powers? :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-05-02, 04:37 AM
Ragepowers can be pretty op when used/combined the right way (Rage Cycling, Superstition stacking, Natural Weapon stacking)
But even without that, something like 5 ft ms, trading AC for Attackbonus or the ability to add 1d6 to any d20 roll you already made seem quite nice.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-02, 08:49 AM
No worries - I realize the impersonation route is a bit much. I was actually thinking more along the lines of killing a family at an outlying farm or something. Or killing Timmy's family (perhaps after having him rape his mother/sister, eat his fathers heart, drink a flagon of his brothers blood, or something equally nasty) and telling everyone that they were called to the capital. Then we could stay at his house without having to fake too much.

EDIT: Thinking about taking raging climber, mainly cuz nothing else really stands out. Is it me or are rogue talents much more useful than rage powers? :smallsmile:

Insestual raping... hmmm maybe a little too far out of his league atm... he is still on the fence post despite him saying otherwise. He would have to do such a thing without knowing who it was first of all and once he is in the middle of enjoying himself reveal it to him... thank god I have some semblance of morals :smalleek:

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-02, 09:18 AM
Insestual raping... hmmm maybe a little too far out of his league atm... he is still on the fence post despite him saying otherwise. He would have to do such a thing without knowing who it was first of all and once he is in the middle of enjoying himself reveal it to him... thank god I have some semblance of morals :smalleek:

To, that's kind of pushing it for this forum. Or my personal gaming preferences, for that matter. Let's keep it PG. You guys are VILLAINS, capital V.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-02, 09:30 AM
To, that's kind of pushing it for this forum. Or my personal gaming preferences, for that matter. Let's keep it PG. You guys are VILLAINS, capital V.

Sorry :smallredface: I wouldn't go into any detail with that, I am more than happy with just slitting throats and dancing in my opponents blood :smallbiggrin: So I assume we are heading out but are we sneaking in Grumblejack or just strolling through the front?

Starbin
2013-05-02, 09:43 AM
And this is why I don't play evil characters usually - I start to feel dirty, and have to scrub my brain with a brillo pad. Must be why my IQ keeps dropping. Apologies to all if I offended!

On the topic of barbs vs rogues, I know there are some decent abilities in the rage power line - I guess in general the rogue talents feel more versatile. So many of the rage powers seem hyper-focused. For instance, with surprise accuracy, you get a bonus once per rage .... decent, since it scales. Get the follow-on deady accuracy, and you gain double the bonus to crit, but only when you're using surprise accuracy; while lethal accuracy increases your multiplier, but again only when you're using the surprise accuracy ability. It seems like there are quite a few rage powers that are so specialized as to be unreliable; and the effort to make them viable ends up making you much too much of a one-trick pony. I'm not sure that is useful in this campaign!

However, I'm glad to have the rage powers, since in 3.5 you didn't get squat!

Oh, and as I perused some PrCs for a little inspiration, I took an odd liking to the Pain Taster - seems to fit with a character that is pretty much supposed to be about taking a lickin' with continued tickin' ... so my (limited use) rage power will be guarded life.

Finkmilkana
2013-05-02, 09:48 AM
No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

The most powerfull thing is still Superstition, Witch Hunter, Ghost Rager, especially if combines with the human favored class bonus.
Yay for giant saves, high touch AC and a big damage bonus against almost anything.

Starbin
2013-05-02, 09:53 AM
One of the greatest Villain quotes ... ranks right up there with the MANY retorts from the Emperor in Return of the Jedi!

And, because I forgot to do this in the last post - [roll0]

Angstrom
2013-05-02, 03:58 PM
Sorry for my reduced posting this week. My friend is about to move to another city and helping him pack and having our last few face to face interactions is taking us much longer than anticipated.

He leaves Saturday, so I'll be back to regular posting soon. (Woo 4th lvl.[roll0] Well at least I took the toughness feat.)

Frivolous
2013-05-02, 08:14 PM
Wb, Angstrom. Good luck with helping your friend move.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-03, 08:32 AM
Sorry for my reduced posting this week. My friend is about to move to another city and helping him pack and having our last few face to face interactions is taking us much longer than anticipated.

He leaves Saturday, so I'll be back to regular posting soon. (Woo 4th lvl.[roll0] Well at least I took the toughness feat.)

Yay! The saucy sorcress has returned! Don't be sorry moving is a big job and I am glad I don't have to do it for awhile... I hope :smalleek:

Frivolous
2013-05-05, 07:35 AM
Hello. I am once again having trouble deciding what rogue talent to pick for Sirin.

Trap Spotter and Canny Observer seem practical, so that Sirin may become even more of a Perception monkey than she already is. :smallsmile:

I don't want to pick Weapon Training yet, for a variety of reasons.

Fast Stealth might be good, but Sirin hardly ever goes too far away from the party, so speed is not really an issue.

I've been pondering Combat Trick to get a combat feat:

Two-Weapon Fighting seems good, but Sirin's bonus to hit is at best only +6. Dodge seems practical, since her AC is still mediocre at 17.

I'm even toying with Improved Unarmed Strike, partly because I'm watching Avengers right now and want to replicate some Natalya Romanov action, combining an unarmed strike with sneak attack.

Any recommendations or requests would be welcome.

Starbin
2013-05-06, 12:30 PM
I guess it depends on your long-term vision. I hadn't actually seen Sirin as a Black Widow-esque character (especially with her dislike of physical combat), but I suppose it depends on where you see her going. Are you looking at any PrCs, like assassin or anything? Do you want to improve your ranged support? Those are the kind of questions that should guide your choices.

I think that was one of my issues with picking rage powers ... I didn't have a great 'endgame' in mind. I've recently thought about heading towards pain taster, which kinda drives some of my choices a little more now.

Speaking of which, to be a pain taster, I have to make a DC 15 Fort save (or DC 20 Will save) ... or die. Now, you all know my luck ... even with a +9 to my fort save, there are 5 numbers I can roll and fail - which means with my luck, I have a 95% probability of dying! I think we have a scroll that takes care of that, but I don't want to force y'all to HAVE to use it on me. Are you willing to take the chance that I survive the roll? I suppose you can always say 'Tough Luck' and NOT use the scroll on me, too!

Your thoughts?

Morbis Meh
2013-05-06, 02:35 PM
Speaking of which, to be a pain taster, I have to make a DC 15 Fort save (or DC 20 Will save) ... or die. Now, you all know my luck ... even with a +9 to my fort save, there are 5 numbers I can roll and fail - which means with my luck, I have a 95% probability of dying! I think we have a scroll that takes care of that, but I don't want to force y'all to HAVE to use it on me. Are you willing to take the chance that I survive the roll? I suppose you can always say 'Tough Luck' and NOT use the scroll on me, too!

Your thoughts?

If it's what you want cool but you have some time to deal with it, but by that time we should be able to boost your character's fort save via resistance/bear's endurance. You still have time but I am fine with you going that route, Jodiah is going pure Oracle

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-06, 02:36 PM
Update will be later tonight, sorry for the delay. Don't have the book with me, y'see. :smallredface:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-06, 02:38 PM
Update will be later tonight, sorry for the delay. Don't have the book with me, y'see. :smallredface:

No worries we still love you LD

Frivolous
2013-05-07, 11:25 AM
I don't have a real endgame in mind. My intentions have been to fill in the blanks and multiply options for the party.

I don't intend at this time to rise very high in cleric levels; the critical and most useful cleric spells (outside of combat) are found in levels 0-3.

Most of the prestige classes don't fit Sirin's personality and goals, and the ones that do have awful prerequisites and/or encroach on specialties of other party members.

I believe I'm over the Black Widow thing by now. However, I will have Sirin participate more in future combats instead of just pretending to be a innocent bystander. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-05-08, 12:49 AM
I planned Marthras as a kind of Jack of all Trades (kinda useful but deliberately not overpowered in combat, bluffing/intimidating for social situations, stealthy and with some spellcasting support.) For combat he was planned to get Cornugon Smash and a cruel weapon for some debuffing, though that wont be that effective since Rekker is also already scaring everyone he can and I guess that many people we'll meet (paladins, greater heroism etc) are plain immune to fear (and thus also to the cruel weapon). I thought about taking 3 levels of Antipaladin to counter those immunities, but it does not seem to be worth it with my charisma and the caster level/Inqui abilities I would loose.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-08, 08:07 AM
I built Jodiah to be an evil little troll :smallbiggrin: Manipulating people to protect her and whatnot... she will help with BFC, buffing when she can maybe toss a couple of heals someone's way if it is needed.

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-08, 08:50 AM
Question for everyone!

I've got someone asking if they can join the game. Forum name Ilvaria, has a drow cleric-y type she wants to play. And this IS a good point to work a new player in...

The PM's she sent pass the literacy test. :smallbiggrin: What do you guys think? PM me with opinions. As always, if anyone has any objections at all, it'll be no-go.

Finkmilkana
2013-05-08, 09:22 AM
I've no general problem with more players and I can't say anything about her since I don't know her. (The "member search" for that name says "Sorry-no matches.", though that can very well be that search being broken...)

Morbis Meh
2013-05-08, 09:23 AM
So many people want to join us... we must be pretty awesome :smallcool: Though it is more than likely due to our stellar GM

Starbin
2013-05-08, 12:56 PM
Always interesting to see folks pop up out of nowhere. I guess I never had the courage to just send a PM and say "Hey, can I join your game?"

Well, okay, so I kinda did that with this one, but I WAS on the back-up list and you WERE looking for replacements :smallbiggrin:

Regardless, I'm like Filk - I'm not particularly opposed, I just don't have any information to say anything positive or negative about the person.

But I do know that meat shields like clerics!

Angstrom
2013-05-08, 05:14 PM
Snowfire (the player, Ilvaria was the character name) and I played about a third of Call Forth Darkness, which is apparently the next chapter of this AP, together and it was, at that point, the best game I'd ever been in. Ilvaria was an interesting character that manipulated really well. That game had a bit more PvP drama than this one, but that was a result of the characters never being forged into a cohesive team like this group was.

I can imagine a cleric being useful for the team, and Snowfire's penchant for scheming will fit right in, but I think Morbis and Snowfire should make sure they're not stepping on each others' divine toes.

And if we're talking about the purposes of our characters, Bridget is meant to embody the evil enchantress trope. That's basically all their is to it. Some BFC but just as many single-target interference spells and out of combat casting.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-08, 07:14 PM
Meh as long as the character doesn't try to stir up PvP I am fine, I haven't and never will be a fan of PvP... I could care less about the divine toes thing, Jodiah will have spells she won't and will not be able to heal as effectively since the drow will have to channel negative energy.

Frivolous
2013-05-09, 06:44 AM
I think I will stick with Trap Spotter for Sirin's new rogue trick for now. It's too useful, and I know I'd regret not taking it.


Trap Spotter (Ex): Whenever a rogue with this talent comes within 10 feet of a trap, she receives an immediate Perception skill check to notice the trap. This check should be made in secret by the GM.

Her current Perception bonus for that is +16 (includes the +2 bonus for trapfinding).

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-09, 08:50 AM
Alright. Well, an objection was raised, and sadly we won't be adding Ilvaria at this time. I've already broken the news to him/her/whoever.

Frivolous
2013-05-12, 06:08 PM
LD: May I ask how much distance lies between Aldencross and the tower of Balentyne?

If they're far apart, they might be seen as separate and distinct communities. But if they're relatively close maybe not so discrete.

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-12, 07:02 PM
LD: May I ask how much distance lies between Aldencross and the tower of Balentyne?

If they're far apart, they might be seen as separate and distinct communities. But if they're relatively close maybe not so discrete.

The Tower of Balentyne is right there, on the edge of town.

EDIT: No, hold on. My bad. It's one mile outside of town. Still practically right there.

Frivolous
2013-05-13, 08:05 AM
Thanks.

We won't be able to make use of that information until tomorrow, but given the short distance it's pretty likely where much of the Tower's food supplies and recreation come from.

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-13, 08:33 AM
Anyone with any ranks in knowledge - history or knowledge - local can pretty much tell that the town is there to support the tower. The fact that there's enough trade to make it prosper is a side benefit.

Frivolous
2013-05-13, 09:16 AM
I didn't think Sirin's new rank in Knowledge (Geo) was going to be useful so soon. :smallsmile:

Knowledge (Geography): [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2013-05-13, 09:18 AM
Well looks like Jodiah is going to have to find another bar... one that has tower guards in it and repeat this evenings festivities all over again.

Starbin
2013-05-20, 09:03 AM
Well, I suppose we should chat out a bit of what we want to do. Some things to consider ...

1) Local patrol is headed in the direction we came from
- May find our scuttled ship
- May find signs of the pending invasion
Choices - Kill the Capt and frame a member of the patrol; go after the patrol and kill them in the woods; let 'em go and hope for the best

2) Merry Men arriving
- Are they who they say they are?
- Could they recognize any of the group
Choices - Head out and catch the group before they arrive and assume their identities; wait until they arrive and see what happens

3) Adventurers going out to find stuff
- Could head in the direction of our ship / invasion
- Could find any bodies we leave out there
- Could come back with some powerful artifact that may help the town
Choice - Catch 'em and kill 'em; go with them and use them to find whatever's out there ... then kill 'em; let 'em go and hope for the best.

So, my opinion is that we need to deal with the patrol. Easiest thing is probably to use Jodi's in to set up a woodsy booty-call and kill 'em when they sleep!

For the merry men, it occurs to me that the Cardinal may have sent two groups ... so if we found out the coming troupe was another Knot would KNOT surprise me. Of course, our own folks might need to be careful, least this group recognizes someone - I'm guessing we're all using our disguises still, but just a word of caution.

Finally, the adventurers ... I just have a feeling that if we leave these guys to their own devices, they'll end up stumbling onto some evidence through blind luck - either any bodies we stash, or the boat, or the invasion. A gut instinct tells me we should deal with it.

Or maybe that's just the wickedness of my ways :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-05-20, 12:31 PM
Thanks for writing it all out, Starbin.

My own thinking is somewhat different, though maybe it's just my mood (morose).

I believe that we should make the plan as simple as possible because we have very little information. We are sure to be surprised by all the things we don't know.

I believe this particular segment will demand that we improvise a lot, and maybe go on a killing spree just to contain the consequences.

Finkmilkana
2013-05-20, 08:54 PM
I'm kinda with Frivolous here, we just don't know that much and asking to many questions could also get up suspicions.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-21, 08:23 AM
I'm kinda with Frivolous here, we just don't know that much and asking to many questions could also get up suspicions.

Yeah well Jodiah knows where the patrol is going so they can lay an ambush if need be. We should deal with them

Angstrom
2013-05-21, 07:41 PM
I'm for killing off the adventurers, partially because they're likely to have really cliched identities that will be easy to assume, and partially because we'll have enough on our plate to deal with later on in our infiltration. Fortune favours the prepared and Bridget will at least take the time to figure out if they have anything worth knowing.

Frivolous
2013-05-21, 09:39 PM
I'm also for killing off the adventurers and appropriating their map and their identities.

Starbin
2013-05-21, 10:09 PM
Great idea ... Let's do it!
:smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-22, 08:04 AM
So we're killing the adventurers and the patrol... my we are busy beavers

Starbin
2013-05-22, 09:44 AM
So the adventurers are actually from the OOTS universe, eh? Perhaps they think they're playing Baldur's Gate ... :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-22, 09:50 AM
Why do i get the feeling that this rogue is going to be the sentient creature sacrifice for Sirin? So plan of attack is murder the wizard and cleric first then move onto the fighter before sacrificing the Rogue to Cthulh.... I mean Asmodeus...

Starbin
2013-05-22, 10:07 AM
Oh, i soooo want to knock the wizard's head clean off ... just for the intimidation bonus!

Morbis Meh
2013-05-22, 10:41 AM
Oh, i soooo want to knock the wizard's head clean off ... just for the intimidation bonus!

Knock yourself out XD

Angstrom
2013-05-22, 02:01 PM
Let's break some adventurers then. We should kill them before we reach the barrow when they still think they're being railroaded to the dungeon.

While we get our stuff from the rooms we can do the combat prep. Bridget will play the part of the noncombatant NPC for all its worth and on the trail suggest that she needs to go use the bathroom as the signal. Sound good?

Morbis Meh
2013-05-22, 02:05 PM
Jodiah is going to get a pack pack and fill it with random heavy junk and make the dwarf carry it for her so he becomes encumbered XD

Morbis Meh
2013-05-22, 03:50 PM
So i say we go to said necromancer after offing the adventurers and give them the adventurer corpses as a sign of friendship XD

Starbin
2013-05-22, 03:58 PM
Well sneaky minds must think alike, cuz I was trying to figure out how to gain an ally with the necromancer.

Perhaps the promise of plenty of bodies to play with in what remains of the army?

Morbis Meh
2013-05-23, 09:35 AM
Yay a sense motive check that Nana Jodi can pass... doubtful but at the very least possible lol

SM [roll0] maybe I will get another 0... shucks no 0 but close enough, probably means she just zoned out and is just agreeing to shut him up XD

Finkmilkana
2013-05-23, 09:41 AM
Botched the roll....
Here again bluff:
[roll0]

Starbin
2013-05-23, 12:49 PM
Sense motive: [roll0] ... another opportunity to showcase my extraordinary luck!

EDIT: Blink, blink ... hmmm.

Frivolous
2013-05-23, 01:03 PM
Why do i get the feeling that this rogue is going to be the sentient creature sacrifice for Sirin? So plan of attack is murder the wizard and cleric first then move onto the fighter before sacrificing the Rogue to Cthulh.... I mean Asmodeus...

Nah. He's too weak and too young.

Sirin plans to sacrifice someone high level to Asmodeus. That probably means someone at least middle-aged.

Now that doesn't mean Sirin won't gut him like a fish when she gets the opportunity. She just won't be singing Rock Me Asmodeus during. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-05-23, 01:11 PM
Have you considered a high ranking soldier? Say, perhaps a Captain? Maybe one that is on patrol, wandering the countryside?

If not, perhaps someone in control of a tower? One that, say, guards a critical pass?

Would either of those do?
:smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-05-23, 01:16 PM
Have you considered a high ranking soldier? Say, perhaps a Captain? Maybe one that is on patrol, wandering the countryside?

If not, perhaps someone in control of a tower? One that, say, guards a critical pass?

Would either of those do?
:smallbiggrin:

That's my hope, yes. Ideally either the Castellan of Balentyne or one of his aides.

But there is a timing issue as well. It has to happen as Sirin nears the cusp between levels 4 and 5.

Starbin
2013-05-28, 01:41 PM
The die roller giveth and taketh away, i suppose ...

First off, here's the crit confirmation: [roll0]
Second, here's the CORRECT damage rolls, (it's d12, not 2d4!): [roll1]; [roll2]

Frivolous
2013-05-28, 09:10 PM
Hope Sirin can get a flank soon.

Otherwise, the major value in her being in melee with the cleric is to force him to cast defensively.

Starbin
2013-05-28, 09:13 PM
Well don't forget he's flat-footed until he goes, so you may still get a sneak attack in. Also, you could always try a feint ...

Frivolous
2013-05-29, 11:59 AM
I'm wondering if we've made a terrible mistake going for the casters first. Perhaps this is an level-unbalanced party, and the dwarf and the rogue are the powerful ones. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-29, 12:03 PM
I'm wondering if we've made a terrible mistake going for the casters first. Perhaps this is an level-unbalanced party, and the dwarf and the rogue are the powerful ones. :smallsmile:

colour spray will fix them... I am taking out the healer so the other two cannot be saved *evil smile* also if the cleric fails his reflex I do believe Sirin gets a sneak attack with that rapier strike XD

Starbin
2013-05-29, 06:08 PM
I'm wondering if we've made a terrible mistake going for the casters first. Perhaps this is an level-unbalanced party, and the dwarf and the rogue are the powerful ones. :smallsmile:

Whatever ... not like we can do anything about it now. A single sleep spell and my luck at rolling might have left Rekker laying on the ground, waiting to be coup de grace'd by the rogue.

Besides, I told y'all that Rekker REALLY wanted to knock the wizardess' head off :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-30, 08:20 AM
LMAO, nice one LD way to break the 4th walll... was that in the module or the product of your mad genius?

Frivolous
2013-05-30, 09:07 AM
It was pretty funny. Thanks for the scene, LD. :smallbiggrin:

Some questions, though:

1. Are they all dead? Because while I believe their map might be enough to find this necromancer, it might be worthwhile to ask questions.

2. Would you allow the spell Mending to repair the wizard's spellbook?

Morbis Meh
2013-05-30, 09:10 AM
Yes lets repair it that sucker is worth 700 gp XD (at the least... if an elven wizard has an INT below 18 they should just give up)

Starbin
2013-05-30, 09:15 AM
Dwarf is still alive ...

Morbis Meh
2013-05-30, 09:45 AM
Dwarf is still alive ...

Jeez you know how to fix that, come on now are you an orc barbarian or not!

Starbin
2013-05-30, 09:49 AM
Oh, Rekker can take care of that ... I thought y'all wanted someone to interrogate and practice your skills (not that he should be much of a challenge). Just trying to be helpful.:smallbiggrin:

However, if you all just want a big helping of dwarf-brain tartar, I can arrange for that ...

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-30, 10:55 AM
It was pretty funny. Thanks for the scene, LD. :smallbiggrin:

Some questions, though:

1. Are they all dead? Because while I believe their map might be enough to find this necromancer, it might be worthwhile to ask questions.

2. Would you allow the spell Mending to repair the wizard's spellbook?

@Morbis: Ain't sayin'. :smallbiggrin:

1. The dwarf's still around, but he doesn't know much. Between him and the map, or even just the map, you can find the "necromancer's cave."

2. Eh, not really. It'd repair the paper, but not the writing. Need a different spell for that.

As far as other loot, these guys have about 50 GP among them. And a bunch of crappy equipment that would probably be recognized if you resold it in town.

Frivolous
2013-05-30, 11:06 AM
Awww, all right.

LD, did the wizard have any writing implements (paper, scroll case, inkpen, ink) on her?

I ask because Sirin planned to buy such before the party departed on this impromptu little journey, and it would save the time and effort to scavenge it from the wizard's equipment.

Also, did the 50 gp include the 25 the rogue pickpocketed from Sirin, or is that extra?

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-30, 12:22 PM
Awww, all right.

LD, did the wizard have any writing implements (paper, scroll case, inkpen, ink) on her?

I ask because Sirin planned to buy such before the party departed on this impromptu little journey, and it would save the time and effort to scavenge it from the wizard's equipment.

Also, did the 50 gp include the 25 the rogue pickpocketed from Sirin, or is that extra?

The 25 GP is extra. And yeah, the wizard has some writing implements.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-30, 12:30 PM
So I believe it is time for the disposing/destroying the evidence, yes nature will take it's toll but someone could stumble across the scene and put a wrench in our plans... so next we're taking out the patrol right? After that we can rendevous with the necromancer.

Frivolous
2013-05-30, 09:33 PM
So I believe it is time for the disposing/destroying the evidence, yes nature will take it's toll but someone could stumble across the scene and put a wrench in our plans... so next we're taking out the patrol right? After that we can rendevous with the necromancer.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

:smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-05-31, 09:31 AM
Marthas should roll the survival check... he has some chance at the very least to find them quicker than any of us.

Starbin
2013-05-31, 09:59 AM
Well, Rekker has a +8 Survival ... but he can aid instead.

Morbis Meh
2013-05-31, 10:06 AM
Well, Rekker has a +8 Survival ... but he can aid instead.

DO IT REKK IT REKKER for great justice and slaughter! Blood for the blood god, skulls for his skull throne! ...and of course i am totally referring to LD since I can actually picture him sitting upon a skull throne, laughing maniacally as he types on his computer.

Starbin
2013-05-31, 10:19 AM
No, no, no. I believe the correct imagery you are looking for is

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, LD sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!"

Ahem.

(PS - much thanks to Ghostbusters II for this oracular vision of our esteemed DM :smallbiggrin:)

Morbis Meh
2013-05-31, 10:53 AM
No, no, no. I believe the correct imagery you are looking for is

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, LD sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!"

Ahem.

(PS - much thanks to Ghostbusters II for this oracular vision of our esteemed DM :smallbiggrin:)

...Now I will forever refer to LD as Vigo the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Moldovia... Command me Lord! *bows low to the ground*

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-31, 11:31 AM
*Snorts* Khorne's a loser. Viggo... Eh, I liked him up until he got taken out like a punk. He was no Gozer...

Starbin
2013-05-31, 11:52 AM
Ah ... well, as a Ghostbusters fan, let me just say ....

"LD the Gozerian, LD the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveller has come! Choose and perish!"

Morbis Meh
2013-05-31, 11:59 AM
....I choose an ice cream sandwich!

Frivolous
2013-06-03, 01:59 PM
LD: What time of day is it?

I think Sirin might try a sneak and peek. Her Stealth is pretty good.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-03, 02:14 PM
About fivish. It'll be dusk in about an hour.

Frivolous
2013-06-03, 02:20 PM
Hmm. Are there any tall, sturdy, climb-able trees in the vicinity and in the direction of the likely ranger campsite?

Human eyes might see a climber in a tree in a sparsely wooded area, but only in the daytime, not at night.

Of course it's also likely that not all the rangers are fully human. But distance is likely to be a factor anyway.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-03, 03:00 PM
Hmm. Are there any tall, sturdy, climb-able trees in the vicinity and in the direction of the likely ranger campsite?

Human eyes might see a climber in a tree in a sparsely wooded area, but only in the daytime, not at night.

Of course it's also likely that not all the rangers are fully human. But distance is likely to be a factor anyway.

The woods are thin, but you can probably find something that'll bear your wait. Not more than 10-15 feet high, though.

Angstrom
2013-06-03, 04:27 PM
Awww crap ...

Seconded. Knew it was too easy so far.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-04, 08:36 AM
Seconded. Knew it was too easy so far.

This isn't that big of a deal they won't learn anything too pressing from finding the ship, best course of action is to capture the birds, take out the patrol and break the captain so we can learn their code. Keep 3 of the regular soldiers alive for torture so we can force the captain to do our bidding or have one of the others cave in and tell us what we want.

Frivolous
2013-06-04, 02:05 PM
LD: Possibly important question:

When we were in Aldencross, did we have the opportunity to see what the racial makeup of the town was?

If the town was mostly human, there is a reasonably good chance that the rangers and Vangerly are themselves also mostly human, and thus lack low-light vision and darkvision.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-04, 02:09 PM
LD: Possibly important question:

When we were in Aldencross, did we have the opportunity to see what the racial makeup of the town was?

If the town was mostly human, there is a reasonably good chance that the rangers and Vangerly are themselves also mostly human, and thus lack low-light vision and darkvision.

Yeah, like most settlements through the land, it was 90-95% human.

Starbin
2013-06-06, 09:52 AM
Oooh, an opportunity to fail! Let me, let me!

Stealth: [roll0] ... and Rekker should probably follow the others a little bit ... say, 30 ft behind the main group (he has 90ft darkvision).

Morbis Meh
2013-06-06, 10:23 AM
Rolling me some stealth... [roll0]


Screw stealth, distraction works better, Jodiah is going to find her hunk and seduce him XD Briget better be ready for some bickering amongst collegues (the cover story kind not the actual 'we be evil bastards kind')

Frivolous
2013-06-06, 12:54 PM
Stealth: [roll0]

What an awful roll.