PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder OOC)



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Angstrom
2013-06-06, 07:26 PM
Ready as ever. [roll0]

Finkmilkana
2013-06-07, 03:13 AM
Just remembered that I have invisibility....
I guess I'll walk slightly in front of the rest and position myself already in the middle of their camp (but so that I don't block aoe for sleep etc, probably somewhere near the birds to stop them sending one once attacked....)

Frivolous
2013-06-07, 08:54 AM
I will very annoyed if Sirin fails this one... :smallsmile:

Perception: [roll0]

Starbin
2013-06-07, 09:18 AM
Perception check: [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-06-07, 09:24 AM
By the way, I didn't see that Bridget had buffed (almost) everyone with Eagle's Splendor.

So that's an extra +2 bonus to Bluff, Disguise and Diplomacy.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 09:37 AM
Perception check [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-06-07, 10:44 AM
Knowledge (Local): [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 11:08 AM
Yay for someone knowing that jodiah was called some fae succubus!

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 02:12 PM
So LD, couple of questions if I cast spiritual weapon then sanctuary will sanctuary blink out of effect if the spiritual weapon attacks? Also can spiritual weapon run off of charisma for oracles instead of wisdom (I am assuming it was overlooked)

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-07, 02:18 PM
Hm, interesting question. Lemme see... Bum bum bum... Nope, I'd say that the spiritual weapon does not negate your sanctuary, so long as the weapon is cast BEFORE the sanctuary.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 02:27 PM
Hm, interesting question. Lemme see... Bum bum bum... Nope, I'd say that the spiritual weapon does not negate your sanctuary, so long as the weapon is cast BEFORE the sanctuary.

That's all i wanted to know thank you sir it helps a lot with future strategies :smallbiggrin: what about switching up the wisdom to charisma for oracles? (you swap bab for CL and strength for Wis normally, I think it makes sense to be Cha for oracles...)

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-07, 02:37 PM
That's all i wanted to know thank you sir it helps a lot with future strategies :smallbiggrin: what about switching up the wisdom to charisma for oracles? (you swap bab for CL and strength for Wis normally, I think it makes sense to be Cha for oracles...)

Mmm, I'm loathe to mess with the SRD to that point, sorry. The cleric/oracle dichotomy doesn't EXACTLY map to the wizard/sorceror dichotomy. Don't wanna mess with what isn't broken.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 02:39 PM
Mmm, I'm loathe to mess with the SRD to that point, sorry. The cleric/oracle dichotomy doesn't EXACTLY map to the wizard/sorceror dichotomy. Don't wanna mess with what isn't broken.

Can I swap out that spell then since it is basically useless? I took it before asking... sorry :smallredface: though I haven't used it yet so no ret conning needed :smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-07, 02:46 PM
Can I swap out that spell then since it is basically useless? I took it before asking... sorry :smallredface: though I haven't used it yet so no ret conning needed :smallbiggrin:

Sanctuary? Now why is it useless?

Morbis Meh
2013-06-07, 03:28 PM
Sanctuary? Now why is it useless?

I meant Spiritual wepaon, I won't be able to hit worth spit since my wisdom has a -1 modifier

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-07, 03:43 PM
I meant Spiritual wepaon, I won't be able to hit worth spit since my wisdom has a -1 modifier

Oh. I see...

Yeah. Applying cha to attack for that spell instead of wisdom is fine. Disregard my previous call.

Just ask on a spell by spell basis, is all.

Frivolous
2013-06-08, 05:26 AM
Hey. Would it be appropriate and good to delay on the IC discussion until Marthras decides what to do?

FYI, if we do act, we better act quickly; Marthras and Bridget have a number of combat-useful spells running, and they have a maximum duration of 4 minutes.

Plus we know that the rangers are still putting on their armor; if we act quickly we can catch them with lower than normal AC.

LD: May I ask if Marthras and Rekker and Bridget heard Sirin mention the 2 archers hidden high up in the tree?

Sirin spoke up so they would overhear her.

Finkmilkana
2013-06-08, 06:32 AM
I saw them myself...

Though if you want to retreat again, know that I'm pretty much out of spells after this....

So far Marthras is still watching how it goes, not stealing the birds or doing any thing else yet.
If the cage suddenly begins to fly they are sure to freak...

Frivolous
2013-06-08, 08:09 AM
Lost Demiurge: Please let us know if and when it is appropriate to post again.

Also, LD: Do you want to allow us to talk OOC over what to do?

Technically, with Marthras out of contact with the rest of the party, we should not be able to consult.

Finkmilkana
2013-06-08, 08:35 AM
Yes, but that I don't do anything should be discernible :smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-08, 12:14 PM
Sure, you can fall back and talk OOC about what to do. Just... Don't have Marthras act on any REALLY complicated plans. Keep it legit.

And yeah, everyone heard Sirin mention the archers.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-08, 02:45 PM
Jodiah needed to get out of there she wouldn't be able to twitch without getting shot up... she didn't have any buffs on so it wouldn't have been too pretty.

Frivolous
2013-06-09, 11:23 AM
Bridget has Dancing Lights and Jodi has Ghost Sound. :smallsmile:

Does anyone think it would be too sadistic to create the sounds of wild lovemaking all night? I mean, they already think we're huldras.

Especially if it is possible to insert names into the soundtrack: Durrik, Vangerly, etc.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-09, 12:37 PM
Bridget has Dancing Lights and Jodi has Ghost Sound. :smallsmile:

Does anyone think it would be too sadistic to create the sounds of wild lovemaking all night? I mean, they already think we're huldras.

Especially if it is possible to insert names into the soundtrack: Durrik, Vangerly, etc.

Well Bridget and Jodiah would have to stay awake all night... not a good thing to do to the party spell casters but whatever lol funny idea

Angstrom
2013-06-11, 01:16 PM
I think we let Jodi and Bridget rest, and ambush the patrol tomorrow when they're moving and are encumbered by all the camp supplies. Does Sirin have many ranks in UMD? She could do it with the wand of Silent Image.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-11, 01:20 PM
Alternatively Jodiah and bridget could wake up randomly throught the night and put on a light show... this would wake up the entire camp and cause them to check it out while the casters go back to camp and go back to sleep XD

Frivolous
2013-06-11, 01:44 PM
Alternatively Jodiah and bridget could wake up randomly throught the night and put on a light show... this would wake up the entire camp and cause them to check it out while the casters go back to camp and go back to sleep XD

That was my thinking. Do you need uninterrupted sleep, or is waking every 2 hours to cast enough, then drop back off enough?


I think we let Jodi and Bridget rest, and ambush the patrol tomorrow when they're moving and are encumbered by all the camp supplies. Does Sirin have many ranks in UMD? She could do it with the wand of Silent Image.

Sirin's current bonus to UMD is +6. But it would pain me to use a charge on something this trivial.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-12, 09:59 AM
That was my thinking. Do you need uninterrupted sleep, or is waking every 2 hours to cast enough, then drop back off enough?

Sirin's current bonus to UMD is +6. But it would pain me to use a charge on something this trivial.

I think Oracles just have to pray or what not for their spells, they just need 8 hours of rest to avoid being fatigued. Also Sirin should come along and add to the display with a ghost like figure it would be fun XD sleep depriving the rangers and what not

Frivolous
2013-06-12, 10:58 AM
If there really is no better alternative, I guess Sirin could use the wand. She gets to try again and again to activate it using UMD; the only real problem is if she rolls a 0.

I'm just real conservative when it comes to limited-usage magic items.

Speaking of magic items:

Unless I am mistaken, the barbarian captain's battleaxe and ring are not yet successfully Identified.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15150645&postcount=986

Jodi rolled 11 on Spellcraft to analyze the ring and 19 on the axe. Did we get the results from our DM?

If Jodi failed on either one, maybe Marthras or Bridget could try, so we could at least get some use out of the ring.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-12, 11:48 AM
It's a battleaxe +1.

So, basically you guys are getting some rest a ways away, and sending Sirin over to harass them throughout the night, go Blair Witch on their butts?

Okay. Sirin, please roll me some checks relating to how you're going about it...

Morbis Meh
2013-06-12, 12:56 PM
Jodiah will help with the Blair Witching! She can use ghost sound and dancing lights as spell like abilities so they won't hear her chanting so let Sirin make the silent image and Jodiah can give it the witch lights followed by a blood curdling shriek (about the sound volume as a lion's roar since she can make noise up to 16 humans worth).

Rolling stealth (she will only go withing 35 ft of the camp so out of range of being seen though if she is heard oh well...) [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-06-12, 01:19 PM
I think those rolls should suffice. :smallsmile: 25 for stealth, 21 for UMD the first time.

The 9 for climb is bad, but I suspect it's enough given that Sirin is using a rope to climb up a tree. It would be even better using a knotted rope.


Morbis Meh and LD: The nice thing about Ghost Sound is that it can be pretty loud. In other words, you can project the spell only a short distance but the sound it creates can probably be heard at a greater distance.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-12, 01:25 PM
Morbis Meh and LD: The nice thing about Ghost Sound is that it can be pretty loud. In other words, you can project the spell only a short distance but the sound it creates can probably be heard at a greater distance.

Unfortunately Jodi has to get close to make the shriek come from the image Sirin is projecting (DC to disbelieve ghost sound is 18 will save)

Frivolous
2013-06-12, 01:26 PM
Ideally, Jodi would only approach when Sirin is already doing her stuff with the wand.

The rangers probably would suffer a penalty for distraction.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-12, 01:31 PM
Ideally, Jodi would only approach when Sirin is already doing her stuff with the wand.

The rangers probably would suffer a penalty for distraction.

Meh it's the dead of night, they won't see her and if they hear something they could alway peg it for wildlife, once the show starts Jodi can just walk back to their camp and sleep.

Finkmilkana
2013-06-13, 12:29 AM
Considering that they are already on edge, I highly doubt the would consider it "just wildlife". And even if they doe: "Better safely send an arrow, than be sorry when the fay steals your soul".

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-13, 07:37 AM
Gonna be out for a day or two. I shall return Saturday!

Might be able to post a bit here and there regardless, but no guarantees...

Morbis Meh
2013-06-13, 08:15 AM
Considering that they are already on edge, I highly doubt the would consider it "just wildlife". And even if they doe: "Better safely send an arrow, than be sorry when the fay steals your soul".

I sincerly doubt they could hit her in the dark they kind of need to be able to see her to do that without a huge penalty.

Frivolous
2013-06-16, 04:10 AM
LD: Would you say that the rangers and Sirin and perhaps Jodi have the Fatigued condition?

And have Bridget and Marthras regained their spell slots?

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-16, 10:21 AM
LD: Would you say that the rangers and Sirin and perhaps Jodi have the Fatigued condition?

And have Bridget and Marthras regained their spell slots?

Bridget and Marthras? Yeah. Jodi can give me a fortitude save, DC 15. Fail and she's fatigued.

Frivolous
2013-06-16, 10:37 AM
LD: So Sirin and the rangers are definitely fatigued?

I think Sirin -should- be fatigued; after all, she's been stuck on top of a tree for hours Concentrating on a wand-given spell.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-16, 11:02 AM
LD: So Sirin and the rangers are definitely fatigued?

I think Sirin -should- be fatigued; after all, she's been stuck on top of a tree for hours Concentrating on a wand-given spell.

I'm thinking so, yes.

Starbin
2013-06-16, 11:18 AM
I don't know that I've met a paper more concerned about getting penalties than you Frivolous :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-06-17, 08:40 AM
Alrighty Fort save coming up [roll0] it's no big deal if she is fatigued since she isn't reliant on dex or str


Edit: holy crap she is one tough gnome... her bitterness and psychotic tendancies fuel her body I guess...

Starbin
2013-06-17, 10:45 AM
That, and a heaping helping if Evil Krispies, a vital part of a balanced diet!

Morbis Meh
2013-06-17, 10:49 AM
That, and a heaping helping if Evil Krispies, a vital part of a balanced diet!

Brings a whole new meaning to "Snap, Crackle, POP" :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-06-18, 12:06 PM
Ye gods, are we actually going to have a tactically savvy force? I cry foul! We distinctly ordered patsies!

:smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-06-18, 12:10 PM
Hope no one is waiting for Sirin to act.

She is waiting for the enemy to approach within 30 feet, or else for someone else to break concealment first and attack.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-18, 12:12 PM
Ye gods, are we actually going to have a tactically savvy force? I cry foul! We distinctly ordered patsies!

:smallbiggrin:

This is the Long Patrol, compadre. They go out into the wilderness alone, do the night's watch thing, stay far the hell away from blue eyed corpses. They have class levels.

Not a LOT, but they DO have class levels. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-06-22, 11:53 AM
All right ... I get the impression that y'all are waiting for me to attack. While I LOVE the idea of charging (-2 AC) across sixty feet as an enlarged target (-1 AC) vs 11 or so well-trained soldiers with bows (who should hit me with average rolls) ... that's a lot of potential damage ... like, fatally so if I'm unlucky ... and we ALL know how much the die roller loves me!

So, the questions I have are these:
- how many are on the ground (i count four)
- how many have bows out (i'm guessing all of them)
- how far are they from us (at least 60 feet, but perhaps farther)
- can we advance out of sight (since we had high ground and cover)
- where the heck is grumblejack (and why did Sirin send him away?)
...
and for the group - are we committed to attacking right now?

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-22, 11:58 AM
All right ... I get the impression that y'all are waiting for me to attack. While I LOVE the idea of charging (-2 AC) across sixty feet as an enlarged target (-1 AC) vs 11 or so well-trained soldiers with bows (who should hit me with average rolls) ... that's a lot of potential damage ... like, fatally so if I'm unlucky ... and we ALL know how much the die roller loves me!

So, the questions I have are these:
- how many are on the ground (i count four)
- how many have bows out (i'm guessing all of them)
- how far are they from us (at least 60 feet, but perhaps farther)
- can we advance out of sight (since we had high ground and cover)
- where the heck is grumblejack (and why did Sirin send him away?)
...
and for the group - are we committed to attacking right now?

Four on the ground, all but one have crawled off the grease.
The bulk of them are 90 feet from you.
All of them have bows out.
You can easily withdraw out of sight, they have no way to see through the illusion.
Grumblejack is back about a hundred yards, sighing at all the carnage he's missing.

Frivolous
2013-06-22, 12:53 PM
Sorry for sending Grumblejack away, Starbin. :smallredface:

I figured he was relatively fragile compared to the rest of us, since he hadn't been gaining levels since we left the prison. Might die a little too quickly.

You know, Rekker doesn't have to charge. Just get into melee range with some of them. At that point, they are firing into melee, and it is unlikely that many have the Precise Shot feat.

Edit: Yes, committed to attacking.

Also, don't forget that most or all of the rangers are Fatigued. That's -2 to Strength and Dexterity.

Frivolous
2013-06-22, 02:05 PM
Hmm. LD: May I ask if Sirin, since she hasn't performed a move action yet this turn, can stand up, speak, and draw the rangers' arrow fire at herself?

She has some cover, I think, since she is currently crouched behind a rock. Her ability to attack in this combat is miniscule anyway, since there are so many and she is Fatigued.

If you permit me to alter or add to my post that way, Rekker's action might fall to near the end of the initiative order, but by then most or all of the rangers would have used their actions for the round.

Starbin
2013-06-22, 02:35 PM
Well, Rekker doesn't have to charge, but I want to maximize his Carnage per Round (a slightly different meaning for CPR :smallbiggrin:), while minimizing his exposure to ranged attacks. 90 ft means at least two turns of taking shots ... Which is another way of asking LD to let me make another character :smallsmile:. Moving around the image is probably better, but they'll mot likely hear him w/o some covering sounds. I could hunker down and approach defensively w/shield, but they can still get lucky (remember, my size offsets they're fatigue penalty).

So here are some options I'd like to throw out ....
- Jodi summons a creature to charge ungreased archers (maybe when Sirin stands up) to draw fire (bummer it's a close ranged spell, but a pony could make it!). Alternatively, she sneaks up closer and casts it in their midst!
- Jodi casts Hypnotic pattern from her position and. Jacks them all up (we hope) and the rest of us close in for the kill, concentrating on the folks who make their saves (and if the majority gets lucky, we try something else)
- when Rekker moves in, Jodi uses Ghost Sound to draw attention in a different direction. Later, it they ignore noises, we'll make sounds in the direction that Grumble comes from and teach them the error of their ways!
- move the silent image to right in front of them, giving us more maneuver space

Whaddya think?

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-22, 03:03 PM
Hmm. LD: May I ask if Sirin, since she hasn't performed a move action yet this turn, can stand up, speak, and draw the rangers' arrow fire at herself?

She has some cover, I think, since she is currently crouched behind a rock. Her ability to attack in this combat is miniscule anyway, since there are so many and she is Fatigued.

If you permit me to alter or add to my post that way, Rekker's action might fall to near the end of the initiative order, but by then most or all of the rangers would have used their actions for the round.

Sure, go for it, if you want.

Finkmilkana
2013-06-22, 11:49 PM
Marthras slowly moves towards the rangers, still hidden.

Edit: Just noticed, posted in the wrong thread^^

Starbin
2013-06-23, 01:24 AM
So ... barring any opinions on my ideas (which there seem to be none as of yet) I guess I'll continue on ...

Frivolous
2013-06-23, 03:46 AM
Sure, go for it, if you want.

Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I wanted to give someone else a chance to respond to Starbin's post earlier.

If possible, Sirin will stand up out of stealth mode and let the rangers take a shot at her.

Her current AC is only 16 because her Dexterity is down to 14 from Fatigue.

However, I am hoping to invoke this little rule from the Combat rules page:


Low Obstacles and Cover: A low obstacle (such as a wall no higher than half your height) provides cover, but only to creatures within 30 feet (6 squares) of it. The attacker can ignore the cover if he's closer to the obstacle than his target.

If it works, according to the armor class modifiers table, Sirin gets a +4 bonus to ranged attacks due to cover. If that is so, her AC goes up to 20.

I will be posting Sirin's IC post soon.

Angstrom
2013-06-23, 02:01 PM
Bridget can wait on Jodi's hypnotic pattern if Jodi communicates a plan with her. Creating a new illusion would make Rekker wide open for attacks, but assuming no one acts before her next turn, Bridget is going to cast Ventriloquism to try and bluff them to look away from where Rekker and Sirin are hiding.

Frivolous
2013-06-23, 02:03 PM
Just FYI, I don't mind if Sirin takes a lot of damage in this combat. Just so long as she doesn't die. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-06-24, 01:29 AM
And with that, the rogue has doomed herself:smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-06-24, 09:12 AM
So, can you define what consists of the front line vs rest of group? At 10 ft, I suppose I can engage the front line with the hammer, but I need a five foot step to engage the rest (since I'm large).

How many folks can I engage with each group? Also, is only one person on the ground now?

Getting ready for a little game on!

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-24, 09:16 AM
So, can you define what consists of the front line vs rest of group? At 10 ft, I suppose I can engage the front line with the hammer, but I need a five foot step to engage the rest (since I'm large).

How many folks can I engage with each group? Also, is only one person on the ground now?

Getting ready for a little game on!

The front line consists of the four who were caught in the original grease, the captain and 3 others. You can reasonably engage two at a time. The remaining 8 are in the back rank, including the one who just fell, and is crawling clear of the grease.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-24, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately Angstrom I cannot use hypnotic pattern in combat since any threat auto dispells the pattern... it will have better uses for when we want to be stealthy or if we need to distract some gate guards.

Starbin
2013-06-24, 03:06 PM
Looks like a potential crit ... [roll0], [roll1] - I may wish that I'd attacked the Captain later!

Total damage: 34, if threat successfully hits!

Frivolous
2013-06-24, 10:28 PM
Wait, did Rekker attack Vangerly? Oh dear. This may be yet another one-hit decapitation. :smallsmile:

Hmm, but 34 might not kill a 2nd or higher level ranger immediately... Still, it might put us in the very awkward position of taking damage just to keep Vangerly from dying prematurely.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-24, 10:45 PM
Wait, did Rekker attack Vangerly? Oh dear. This may be yet another one-hit decapitation. :smallsmile:

Hmm, but 34 might not kill a 2nd or higher level ranger immediately... Still, it might put us in the very awkward position of taking damage just to keep Vangerly from dying prematurely.

No. He just gibbed a random ranger, though...

Starbin
2013-06-24, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I was trying to say that once the Capt starts wailing away on me (like that paladin who was beating us down), I might wish I had hit him instead.

Also, it probably wasn't clear, but Capt V was the target of the intimidate :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2013-06-26, 04:20 AM
Am I in range to charge anything?

Starbin
2013-06-26, 07:52 AM
You should be within 60 feet of the front line and have a ten foot reach ... Not sure what you move is, but if you have 30ft move, then yes, 20ft probably not.

Angstrom
2013-06-26, 01:04 PM
Sorry Morbis, wasn't sure how hypnotic pattern differed from enthrall.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-26, 01:10 PM
Am I in range to charge anything?

Yep, you can catch them.

Finkmilkana
2013-06-26, 11:34 PM
[roll0] against flat footed ac because invisible
[roll1]

Does the dice roller fail if you try to use more than one summand?

Btw, the forum roller still seems to love me, but with some luck that might still hit. I'm kinda happy right now that I forgot to use Power Attack^^

Starbin
2013-06-26, 11:51 PM
Yeah, the roller likes one operation at a time. And with a +2 Will save, I hope lots of rangers fail their saves!

Starbin
2013-06-28, 09:42 AM
Uh oh ... another potential crit! Att: [roll0]; Dam: [roll1]

@Friv - shortbows don't normally add or subtract str damage (unless you by a composite version). Now, if you have less than a 10 strength and are using a standard composite bow (which counts as Str +0), then you would take a -2 to hit AND -1 to damage. Otherwise, it's just normal damage ... at least as I understood the rules :smallsmile:

THERE'S the die roller and I know and loathe! So, guessing no on the crit confirmation.

Frivolous
2013-06-28, 10:36 AM
Hmm. I'm going by what I found in this page: Getting Started:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html


Dexterity

Damage rolls when using a melee weapon or a thrown weapon, including a sling. (Exceptions: Off-hand attacks receive only half the character's Strength bonus, while two-handed attacks receive 11/2 times the Strength bonus. A Strength penalty, but not a bonus, applies to attacks made with a bow that is not a composite bow.)

Sirin is currently at Strength 8 due to Fatigue.

Edit: LD, I forgot to factor in Sirin's lowered strength when deciding how much she is carrying.

Could we stipulate that even more of Sirin's gear is currently being carried by Grumblejack? If she is carrying Light encumbrance at Strength 10, she could be at Medium Encumbrance at Strength 8, and that would lower her speed to 20.

Lost Demiurge
2013-06-28, 10:41 AM
Hmm. I'm going by what I found in this page: Getting Started:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html



Sirin is currently at Strength 8 due to Fatigue.

Edit: LD, I forgot to factor in Sirin's lowered strength when deciding how much she is carrying.

Could we stipulate that even more of Sirin's gear is currently being carried by Grumblejack? If she is carrying Light encumbrance at Strength 10, she could be at Medium Encumbrance at Strength 8, and that would lower her speed to 20.

Sure, Grumblejack is happy to packhorse for you! Or anyone else, really.

Starbin
2013-06-28, 10:43 AM
Hmm. I'm going by what I found in this page: Getting Started:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html



Sirin is currently at Strength 8 due to Fatigue.

Okies ... I guess that's the way it is.

Morbis Meh
2013-06-28, 11:31 AM
Sure, Grumblejack is happy to packhorse for you! Or anyone else, really.

Until Jodi takes leadership and he becomes her cohort XD

Morbis Meh
2013-07-03, 12:22 AM
Rolling Crit confirm for eagle

confirm [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

Starbin
2013-07-03, 01:48 PM
So I guess apart from the running bowman, the Capt is the last one living/awake? How far did the bowman get this turn?

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-03, 01:51 PM
::Checks:: Not far enough. Especially since he just fell to Bridget's sleep spell.

Leaving only the captain...

Morbis Meh
2013-07-03, 02:31 PM
::Checks:: Not far enough. Especially since he just fell to Bridget's sleep spell.

Leaving only the captain...

Poor Souls.... time for jodiah to spray him unconcious... she will make sure to not hit Rekker or marthas but those boys can happily murder the sleeping mooks.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-03, 03:05 PM
Poor Souls.... time for jodiah to spray him unconcious... she will make sure to not hit Rekker or marthas but those boys can happily murder the sleeping mooks.

Jodi's gonna have to come down out of the rocks if she wants to do that. He's about 70-80 feet away, and Rekker and Marthras are currently in the way.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-03, 03:18 PM
Jodi's gonna have to come down out of the rocks if she wants to do that. He's about 70-80 feet away, and Rekker and Marthras are currently in the way.

By my count she already has moved 40 ft, another 20 +the 15 ft from the spray should do the trick, also if we are taking him alive the others will probably move out of the way if she tells them to.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-03, 03:25 PM
By my count she already has moved 40 ft, another 20 +the 15 ft from the spray should do the trick, also if we are taking him alive the others will probably move out of the way if she tells them to.

Oh, you moved? My mistake, then.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-03, 03:27 PM
Oh, you moved? My mistake, then.

Twice actually lol that gnome has been moving dem stumps she calls legs

Frivolous
2013-07-03, 09:55 PM
Starbin and others: I've been in this situation before, where we were trying to capture but not kill someone with an indeterminate but possibly too few number of hit points.

I keep thinking that maybe it would be better to just try to do normal damage with a dagger rather than go for nonlethal damage with a bigger weapon. Because at least then your attack bonus is bigger.

Rekker's rage bonus and the subsequent fatigue are extra and extra-complicating factors. Difficult math problem.

Starbin
2013-07-03, 10:11 PM
No worries - if it becomes too hard, Rekker will just kill him. For future capture missions, I may take Bludgeoner ... And maybe Enforcer, too. Depends on the roles we expect to play.

Frivolous
2013-07-03, 10:27 PM
No worries - if it becomes too hard, Rekker will just kill him. For future capture missions, I may take Bludgeoner ... And maybe Enforcer, too. Depends on the roles we expect to play.

I'm not too worried. It's relatively difficult to actually kill someone in Pathfinder, what with death only occurring at negative HP equal to Constitution.

Plus Jodi will soon be close enough to hit him with Color Spray.

Bludgeoner is a great feat, and so is Enforcer. But have you ever considered Improved Unarmed Strike?

Starbin
2013-07-03, 10:57 PM
Shrug ... It's okay, but the others have more synergy with my build.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-04, 08:12 AM
Indeed Jodiah can knock out the captain with a beefed up colour spray then Sirin can sacrifice him to Asmodeus. It will all be good fun we can dance and have a BBQ in celebration; I am sure pigeons taste like chicken!

Angstrom
2013-07-04, 10:33 PM
Just a heads up that I'll be traveling this weekend. Probably won't have internet access until Monday night. Morbis, feel free to puppeteer away.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-05, 12:12 PM
Just a heads up that I'll be traveling this weekend. Probably won't have internet access until Monday night. Morbis, feel free to puppeteer away.

...I am going camping this weekend and won't be back until monday lol... though I will have my phone so I can post in a pinch if need be

Starbin
2013-07-05, 12:29 PM
I will be camping, too. And by camping, I mean sleeping in my own bed and watching movies.

So maybe not the same at all :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-07-06, 06:32 PM
LD: Pardon me, but should I post on behalf of Finkmilkana? I'm Fink's alternate.

Just out of curiosity, how close is Marthras to Vangerly?

Vangerly is the only remaining ranger who is not asleep or dying, yes?

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-06, 10:47 PM
LD: Pardon me, but should I post on behalf of Finkmilkana? I'm Fink's alternate.

Just out of curiosity, how close is Marthras to Vangerly?

Vangerly is the only remaining ranger who is not asleep or dying, yes?

Yeah, go ahead and post for Marthras.

Who is within about 10 feet of Vangerly, who is the only ranger left standing so far...

Starbin
2013-07-06, 11:16 PM
Remember, he's enlarged - so flanking should be easier, BAB remains the same (+8 I think), but damage is 2d6+10, I'm guessing (large mace, which he uses 2-handed, with extra str from size).

But I could be wrong ...

Finkmilkana
2013-07-07, 11:12 AM
Uhm, didn't I send my post or did the forum eat it? I wanted to try to shoot the fleeing ranger.:smallredface:
But attacking vangerly is just as good, if not even better after the sleep was cast :smallbiggrin:

Boni are almost, but not completely right. You forgot the judgement +1 to hit and Strength is +6 damage (he uses it always with two hands). Oh, and I noticed that I completely forgot Divine Favor to factor in for my last two actions...

Frivolous
2013-07-08, 10:39 AM
Hmm. Total 30 damage. I wonder if that's enough to knock him out.

If it is, he's DEFINITELY not going to be the one Sirin formally sacrifices to Asmodeus. At the very least, she wants someone who is higher level than her. 30 HP on a ranger means he's probably no more than 3rd level.

Starbin
2013-07-08, 11:32 AM
@Friv - I'm pretty sure you have at least a +1 BAB. You can actually draw a weapon with a regular move (which means you have a standard action left).

Rule is here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#_draw-or-sheathe-a-weapon)

Frivolous
2013-07-08, 11:39 AM
Okay. Hang on, then.

Edit: Meh. Total miss. :smallredface:

Finkmilkana
2013-07-08, 10:37 PM
Doesn't he have 2 attacks? That sound like at least level 6 to me (at least if he doesn't have a second weapon I didn't notice...)

Morbis Meh
2013-07-09, 08:48 AM
Doesn't he have 2 attacks? That sound like at least level 6 to me (at least if he doesn't have a second weapon I didn't notice...)

Well it would make sense since he is a ranger...

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-09, 09:41 AM
He's a longsword/shield guy.

Starbin
2013-07-09, 09:51 AM
Yeah, he's pretty good, since he tagged Rekker with both attacks, and at the time Rekker had a 20 AC.

Besides, I'd be disappointed if a 3rd lvl ranger was supposed to be a challenge for a group of 4th lvl, brutal/evil/diabolical characters! Of course, not as great as my disappointment if this guy manages to cut off my head before we kill him, but ... :smallbiggrin:

However, back to my RP emersion, yes, this man seems extremely skilled and well-versed in the ways of combat! :smalltongue:

Morbis Meh
2013-07-09, 09:56 AM
Yeah, he's pretty good, since he tagged Rekker with both attacks, and at the time Rekker had a 20 AC.

Besides, I'd be disappointed if a 3rd lvl ranger was supposed to be a challenge for a group of 4th lvl, brutal/evil/diabolical characters! Of course, not as great as my disappointment if this guy manages to cut off my head before we kill him, but ... :smallbiggrin:

However, back to my RP emersion, yes, this man seems extremely skilled and well-versed in the ways of combat! :smalltongue:

Meh you got the malevolent midget to keep you alive for a while until you move aside and let her blast him with trippy colours.

Frivolous
2013-07-09, 09:46 PM
That was clever, Angstrom.

Convincing Vangerly and the rangers to talk will be much easier if they have no previous knowledge of Bridget.

Starbin
2013-07-10, 03:27 PM
Hmmm ... well, we'll try for a crit, but I dunno ... [roll0]; [roll1]

EDIT: There it is ...

Frivolous
2013-07-10, 07:38 PM
Hmm. 10 more damage might not kill him, but 26 more damage might...

LD, does Rekker's attack put him down?

No more attack rolls until we know, s'il vous plait.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-10, 08:28 PM
Nah, the crit did not confirm. He's still standing.

Well, depends on Marthras' strike, maybe...

Finkmilkana
2013-07-11, 04:17 AM
Wow, a hit, I'm impressed.

The damage is obviously not right though, my mace does sadly not have a d20^^.

Here again:

[roll0]

Starbin
2013-07-11, 07:46 AM
Actually, your mace does 2d8 - you're enlarged!

Finkmilkana
2013-07-11, 10:19 AM
I completely forgot that spell in all my posts.

Frivolous
2013-07-11, 08:09 PM
Heal: [roll0]

Starbin
2013-07-15, 10:58 AM
Well, Rekker's available for Intimidation, so let me know if you need those rolls. He can also aid someone else automatically, so anyone else Intimidating gets a +2.

PS - Eagle's splendor is probably still on ... so don't forget that bonus!

Morbis Meh
2013-07-15, 11:00 AM
Well, Rekker's available for Intimidation, so let me know if you need those rolls. He can also aid someone else automatically, so anyone else Intimidating gets a +2.

PS - Eagle's splendor is probably still on ... so don't forget that bonus!

Oh we will be making use of that... believe me Jodiah is just there to enjoy herself XD.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-17, 07:49 AM
Nrf! Sorry for the delay on this.

Things have been busier than I thought when I'm at home, and I keep forgetting. I need to seriously read the module to answer your questions, and I can't access it right now.

Hang tight with me folks, we'll get through this...

Frivolous
2013-07-17, 11:33 AM
No problem, LD. Hope everything is all right with you.

I was actually wondering if I asked too many questions, particularly ones for which the book has no answer.

Frivolous
2013-07-18, 02:07 PM
Yay! We know so much about the tower and about Aldencross now.

LD: Thanks so much for the very lengthy exposition. Really appreciate the effort you put into it.

I presume that Marthras or Jodi use Cures on Vangerly since he is near death, before questioning him.

LD: Any magic or valuables on the rangers, particularly Vangerly? Sirin searched their belongings and bodies, and Jodi cast Detect Magic.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-18, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah...

The captain has a masterworked breastplate, a shield +1, and a longsword +1. His composite long bow is masterworked, and strength 4. He's got an assortment of cold iron and silvered arrows.

Frivolous
2013-07-19, 12:11 PM
Starbin: I really prefer not to depend on the dice roller to favor us. :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-07-19, 12:25 PM
I agree ... but I think you are refering to a different game :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-07-20, 02:42 PM
There is so much information in LD's post that I am having trouble deciding what to say in response IC. :smallsmile:

Might as well get the Knowledge check done, though at DC 20 my chances are very low.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Edit: Argh. Oh well. Maybe Marthras can get a better result.

If we really have to, we can even ask various NPCs what it all means.

Finkmilkana
2013-07-21, 01:59 AM
Right, know rel check. Should be at least slightly better than Sirins:

[roll0]

But not good enough.

Frivolous
2013-07-21, 02:58 AM
Too bad. We'll have to ask NPCs then. Like the necromancer. They tend to have Knowledge (Religion) and/or (Planes), don't they?

FYI, when you have Guidance in this kind of situation, it can be cast before you make the roll. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-07-21, 04:07 AM
Ah, planes. Can I roll both?^^

[roll0]

About the guidance, I wouldn't be so sure about that. As the check should come up during the interrogation and then is instantly resolved. So if you cast Guidance before asking, sure. But once he answers it should be to late...

Morbis Meh
2013-07-22, 08:44 AM
Jodi may as well take a stab at it... knowledge planes ahoy!

[roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-22, 09:15 AM
Those of you who made a 20...

Lantern archons are occasionally known to manifest in holy places that are tended by those with true faith and love in their hearts, usually to watch over and guard the place so tended. They do tend to manifest as a heavenly chorus, and they're pretty much made of light, so the glowing MIGHT be that.

Starbin
2013-07-22, 09:19 AM
Uh ... lantern archon? Is that one of those Holy Will O Wisps? Maybe Sirin can sacrifice one of them!

Or wait and kill the priest, since he seems to be quite liked by the forces above!

Frivolous
2013-07-23, 02:58 PM
Uh ... lantern archon? Is that one of those Holy Will O Wisps? Maybe Sirin can sacrifice one of them!

Or wait and kill the priest, since he seems to be quite liked by the forces above!

I'm not sure how to keep a lantern archon bound for the sacrifice. Aren't they just like glowing beach balls?

Besides, I don't think they have any organs to amputate.

As for the priest, eh, he'd be good, but really I'm hoping for the Commander.

Starbin
2013-07-23, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure how to keep a lantern archon bound for the sacrifice. Aren't they just like glowing beach balls?

Well duh! You obviously put them in a big mayonnaise jar with holes poked in the top and shake them periodically!

Frivolous
2013-07-23, 03:46 PM
Well duh! You obviously put them in a big mayonnaise jar with holes poked in the top and shake them periodically!

That's really funny. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-07-23, 04:14 PM
Well duh! You obviously put them in a big mayonnaise jar with holes poked in the top and shake them periodically!

Jodiah is so going to do this, it will be Grumblejack's new toy, we will put some beans in their too and attach it to a stick... it could be his rattle! Replace the mayonnaise jair with steel entrapment and it could even double as a large heavy mace XD

Finkmilkana
2013-07-23, 09:25 PM
Just don't forget to dimensional anchor him or the fun is over before it starts^^

Morbis Meh
2013-07-24, 08:20 AM
So LD I think we can safely assume that we move on after this in search of the necromancer.

Lost Demiurge
2013-07-24, 08:56 AM
So LD I think we can safely assume that we move on after this in search of the necromancer.

That's where you're going next? Okey-dokey!

Angstrom
2013-07-26, 08:05 PM
Just a head's up that I'll be out of town for a week starting Monday. As always, Morbis should puppet Bridget.

Frivolous
2013-07-27, 01:42 AM
Have a safe trip, Angstrom.

Frivolous
2013-07-31, 09:50 AM
I kind of doubt Bargle will sell us anything, but who knows? After all, a wizard usually has the feat Scribe Scroll.

In other news...

I think the ring of protection +1 should go to Rekker or Marthras. Maybe Marthras, since he is a front-liner but only has AC 16.

By the way, Finkmilkana, is it just me or is Marthras missing a lot of equipment? He doesn't seem to have 2000 gp worth.

Morbis Meh
2013-07-31, 09:58 AM
I kind of doubt Bargle will sell us anything, but who knows? After all, a wizard usually has the feat Scribe Scroll.

In other news...

I think the ring of protection +1 should go to Rekker or Marthras. Maybe Marthras, since he is a front-liner but only has AC 16.

By the way, Finkmilkana, is it just me or is Marthras missing a lot of equipment? He doesn't seem to have 2000 gp worth.

Agreed let our fine front liners beef themselves up!

Finkmilkana
2013-08-01, 03:59 AM
Yes, didn't spend the 2000 back then since everything interesting was slightly to expensive.^^

Frivolous
2013-08-01, 09:30 AM
Yes, didn't spend the 2000 back then since everything interesting was slightly to expensive.^^

I see. But Marthras does want the ring of protection +1, right? If not to him, then to Rekker.

By the way, if you didn't see, Rekker offered to Marthras the masterwork composite longbow.


Oh yeah...

The captain has a masterworked breastplate, a shield +1, and a longsword +1. His composite long bow is masterworked, and strength 4. He's got an assortment of cold iron and silvered arrows.

We appear to be collecting quite a number of magic items that unfortunately no one uses. Wrong for build or something.

In addition to the loot we got from Vangerly, there is the magic battleaxe (and ring) from Captain Odenkirk, the magic sword and magic shield from Sir Bellmore...

Starbin
2013-08-01, 09:47 AM
In addition to the loot we got from Vangerly, there is the magic battleaxe (and ring) from Captain Odenkirk, the magic sword and magic shield from Sir Bellmore...

Well, Rekker has Bellmore's shield and sword (used them against Vangerly). However, he usually likes to use a two-handed reach weapon for damage potential. Marthras has been using a two-handed grip on the ol' mace, for asthetic reasons, so the +1 battleaxe and another +1 sword don't do us nearly as much good as you might think. I've got no problem with our ogre friend using them, or selling them if we can change the masterwork markings. I would say the ladies have the most constrained builds, since most of the weapons don't seem to suit their needs.

That being said, I would always recommend carrying a magic weapon, just in case you need on to damage a creature. However, I don't feel like we have a wheelbarrow of magic items we're not using. :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-08-01, 09:55 AM
Well, Rekker has Bellmore's shield and sword (used them against Vangerly).

Oh good. I didn't know.


I've got no problem with our ogre friend using them, or selling them if we can change the masterwork markings. I would say the ladies have the most constrained builds, since most of the weapons don't seem to suit their needs.

Yeah, Sirin hasn't found a magic item she can use yet, aside from the ring, and Rekker and Marthras need it more.

The problem with selling all this stuff is that it's more evil (and profitable) to just kill the merchants and take all their loot for our own. :smalltongue:

Bargle is the first person Sirin has met in a while whom she actually had reason to trade with instead of just robbing.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-01, 10:18 AM
Welp we haven't come across anything Nana Jodi can use... you know having no proficiencies kind of hamper using things XD Wands would be fun to have but alas we shall have to wait on such rare finds!

PS: I just wanted to point out how much I appreciate every one of you peoples and how I am utterly relieved that you are level headed individuals... (I just read through an ugly recruitment thread... is it odd that I look at locked threads to see why they were locked? :smallbiggrin: )

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-01, 10:42 AM
Oh. Found the thread in question.

Dear sweet Jegus... It's like watching a slow-mo trainwreck.

Kiddies, the lesson here? DON'T BE THAT GUY.

And yeah, it's nice to run games for sane players. I appreciate the hell out of all of you. (Even when my NPC's are sweetly trying to shank your kidneys. Perhaps especially then. :smallbiggrin: )

Morbis Meh
2013-08-01, 10:48 AM
Oh. Found the thread in question.

Dear sweet Jegus... It's like watching a slow-mo trainwreck.

Kiddies, the lesson here? DON'T BE THAT GUY.

And yeah, it's nice to run games for sane players. I appreciate the hell out of all of you. (Even when my NPC's are sweetly trying to shank your kidneys. Perhaps especially then. :smallbiggrin: )

Oddly enough I am thinking of applying as a warforged warblade; what do you think my chances of getting in are LD :smallbiggrin: As for being shanked in the kidney, could you go for the left one instead of the right one, I am rather fond of the right and the left seems to be trying to stage a coup d'etat....

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-01, 10:53 AM
Oddly enough I am thinking of applying as a warforged warblade; what do you think my chances of getting in are LD :smallbiggrin: As for being shanked in the kidney, could you go for the left one instead of the right one, I am rather fond of the right and the left seems to be trying to stage a coup d'etat....

I think you should back off until the dust settles. Or nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-08-01, 12:43 PM
And you won't even post the link? Shame on you! :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-08-01, 12:46 PM
And you won't even post the link? Shame on you! :smallsmile:

Well fine! You know it would only take 20 seconds to scroll down the subforum to find it! But since it is you who are asking here it is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293366)

Starbin
2013-08-01, 01:42 PM
Oh yeah? Well can I just say

{scrubbed}

Okay, just kidding. I did look, but couldn't find the locked thread.

Just read through the whole thing and can I say, wow? Yeesh, how do I get that five minutes of my life back?

Reminds me of when I made a joking comment about a bunch of character concepts, one of which was a gnoll and another that was a drow. I was called a 'p-r-i-c-k' and told that if I replaced one with 'white' and the other with 'black' my comments were obviously racist.

Sometimes, THAT GUY seems to be everywhere ... :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2013-08-01, 10:35 PM
Yeah, saw the longbow, though I somehow thought it had to much strength for Marthras...:smallsigh:

I can take the ring, but since it sadly overlaps with "shield of faith" it isn't that useful for me. Also remember that while the unbuffed AC is low, with shield of faith it's already 18 and if he's focused becomes 19 with the judgement.
But I probably should really buy some new items soon, it just didn't seem worth it to me to buy magic armor when I'll soon either way have to try to get Mithral versions (and I didn't have enough money for a weapon).

About all the weapons we found, it's less that he wouldn't like to use them and more that he is sadly only proficient with simple weapons.
Thus the glorified club has to do.
As a heretic/infiltrator he doesn't care that much about which weapon his god favors. At least outside of ritualistic use/slowly bashing in paladin skulls. That's far more satisfying that just making a few holes into them....

Starbin
2013-08-02, 01:13 AM
So shall we go with bow to Marthras, Ring to Rekker, battle axe to Grumble and the extra sword as a spare for now? If V's weapons are known by sight, we might be able to use them in future plots and set-ups ...

Finkmilkana
2013-08-02, 04:50 AM
Sounds good to me.

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-02, 08:43 AM
So. Where to now? What's the plan? Been about a week since you got to town. Minimum of one more week, maximum of three if you want to take your time.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-02, 08:48 AM
Get back to town and start wreaking havoc.... I thought we only had 2 weeks instead of 4? As for what we do, we need to effectively cripple their defenses and stir the proverbeable pot between officers, start a massive brawl between the two that are sleeping with the same woman. With any luck we can break officer morale :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-02, 09:15 AM
Get back to town and start wreaking havoc.... I thought we only had 2 weeks instead of 4? As for what we do, we need to effectively cripple their defenses and stir the proverbeable pot between officers, start a massive brawl between the two that are sleeping with the same woman. With any luck we can break officer morale :smallsmile:

The horde will be at its peak in one week. He can hold it together another two, after that, he figures that internal strife will rip it apart unless an attack order is given.

Frivolous
2013-08-02, 09:36 AM
Sirin wants to kill the alchemist and rob his shop of all poisons, some of which she then dumps in the weekly pot of beef stew to kill or weaken the soldiers.

And yes, she wants to break their cohesion by leaking the sordid love affair and possibly kill one or more of the principals to frame the others as love-crazed or jealousy-crazed murderers.

She really wants to kill the cleric, too, preferably outside of Balentyne. Some investigation should reveal if he ever leaves the Guardtower.


How do we plan to enter Balentyne? I was thinking either use Timeon and pretend to be a band of good adventurers traveling with him.

Or some other ruse.

Starbin
2013-08-02, 11:15 AM
Get back to town and start wreaking havoc.... I thought we only had 2 weeks instead of 4? As for what we do, we need to effectively cripple their defenses and stir the proverbeable pot between officers, start a massive brawl between the two that are sleeping with the same woman. With any luck we can break officer morale :smallsmile:

Break morale? Rekker can do that. Is that above or below the femur?


How do we plan to enter Balentyne? I was thinking either use Timeon and pretend to be a band of good adventurers traveling with him.

Or some other ruse.

Don't forget the entertainer's troupe coming to town ... even guards need some downtime! And there seems to be a fairly unguarded door where supplies go ...

Frivolous
2013-08-02, 12:39 PM
Don't forget the entertainer's troupe coming to town ... even guards need some downtime! And there seems to be a fairly unguarded door where supplies go ...

The servant's door should be useful, yes. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if Balentyne has a policy about letting civilians in case of invasion...

Also:

We really should try to get the mage Tacticus to fireball his own men. :smallsmile: If he is as twitchy as they say, it should be possible.

I suspect Mad Martin Reynard is susceptible to bribery. It's risky to find out, though.

Assassinate Captain Barhold while he is having dinner with his brother in Aldencross. Poison probably won't work on a high-level fighter, unfortunately, so we may have to use steel and magic.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-02, 01:02 PM
The servant's door should be useful, yes. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if Balentyne has a policy about letting civilians in case of invasion...

Also:

We really should try to get the mage Tacticus to fireball his own men. :smallsmile: If he is as twitchy as they say, it should be possible.

I suspect Mad Martin Reynard is susceptible to bribery. It's risky to find out, though.

Assassinate Captain Barhold while he is having dinner with his brother in Aldencross. Poison probably won't work on a high-level fighter, unfortunately, so we may have to use steel and magic.


Or you know we could always try seduction then have someone murder him while he sleeps... we do have 2 very persuasive women within the group.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-05, 08:34 PM
rerolling the 1 for gather info [roll0] ...wow the roller really hates me today

Frivolous
2013-08-06, 09:59 PM
LD: Sirin also sought out the scribe so she could find out what magical scrolls he had in his inventory.


-Aldencross doesn't really have any spellcasters. There was an old wise woman but she got run off for witchcrafe a few years back. There's an alchemist who makes potions and tonics in the market, and a scribe who can provide simple magical spell scrolls. Oh, there was rumored to be a necromancer sniffing around a few months ago, some traveller named Bargle got blamed for it, and ran before the inquisition could show up. Mitra knows where he might have gotten to, though.

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-06, 10:34 PM
LD: Sirin also sought out the scribe so she could find out what magical scrolls he had in his inventory.

Oh yeah...

He's got pretty much most level 1 wizard/sorcerer spells, a copy of each for thoroughness. No necromancy though, and nothing really malicious. Or evil. (Like infernal healing, f'r instance...)

Frivolous
2013-08-07, 11:38 AM
LD: About the rat poison, may Sirin, as someone with 1 rank in Craft (Alchemy) have an idea what effects it has and how quickly it works?

This supposes she does not ask the alchemist any technical questions that would give away her own capability.

Angstrom
2013-08-08, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm back now and all caught up. I think with less than a week until the optimal attack time, the party should start getting inside the tower proper. Perhaps by having one of our boys stepping into the shoes of one of the guardsmen. If we can get Bridget up to Tacitus, perhaps as a maid delivering his food, a charm spell and some subterfuge could learn to a tragic accident with one of his devices.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-08, 06:12 PM
Nana Jodi will subvert the dwarven foremen and find some gaping holes in the tower defenses and maybe she can find a way to destroy the ballistas

Frivolous
2013-08-08, 10:57 PM
Having tried to strike up a friendship with the tavernkeeper, Bridget uses that as a convenient cover story for Sirin if she wants to use it to buy the rat poison. The delicate Lady Saff is hesitant to upset her host, but saw a rat one night and can't sleep for fear of the large northern rats in her room. If the alchemist would kindly keep it secret that Sirin is buying the poison so Bellam does not find out, we would be very grateful.

Actually, I was thinking of just killing the alchemist in his sleep, burying the body, and then stealing the poison. Buying enough rat poison to poison all the consumers of the beef stew might be too suspicious, you see.

Plus Sirin wants to kill the alchemist anyway. Aside from Balentyne's cleric, he is the only one who might be able to prescribe a cure for poisoning. It's only sensible to eliminate him.

Frivolous
2013-08-08, 10:59 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm back now and all caught up. I think with less than a week until the optimal attack time, the party should start getting inside the tower proper. Perhaps by having one of our boys stepping into the shoes of one of the guardsmen. If we can get Bridget up to Tacitus, perhaps as a maid delivering his food, a charm spell and some subterfuge could learn to a tragic accident with one of his devices.

Also, welcome back. Hope you had a good trip.

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-14, 08:28 AM
Fair warning... In a few hours I'm gonna be at Gencon. Posting is likely gonna be sporadic until Sunday, unless I luck into a good net connection.

Frivolous
2013-08-14, 08:56 AM
Fair warning... In a few hours I'm gonna be at Gencon. Posting is likely gonna be sporadic until Sunday, unless I luck into a good net connection.


Congratulations, LD. Hope you have a good time there. :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-08-20, 11:08 AM
Finkmilkana and Starbin: If you like, you could talk to the other soldiers, get some male camaraderie going.

Angstrom: Would you like to handle buying the rat poison? Bridget's bonus to bluff is much higher than Sirin's. I'm afraid Sirin would not be believed.

Starbin
2013-08-20, 11:57 AM
Well, Rekker already asked the group what they wanted him to do ... just that nobody answered, so I figured they really didn't care (or hadn't gotten back to him yet).

If y'all want me to chat up soldiers, sure ... anything in particular you want me to ask about? Rekker is not much of a plotter, if you haven't guessed :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-08-20, 12:14 PM
Um.... General soldier gossip. How strict the commanders are. Which ones are nice and which ones are mean.

Number of soldiers. We still don't know how many people we have to murder inside Balentyne. It would be nice if we had a number to reach for. :smallsmile:

Oh, and anything you can get us about Mad Martin Reynard, the rookery keeper. We still know almost nothing about him. I have a feeling he's a weak point.

Finkmilkana
2013-08-21, 02:19 AM
Well, Marthras kinda already tried talking to them, just not with a lot of success.:smallredface:

Frivolous
2013-08-21, 08:53 AM
Did Marthras buy drinks? Drinks could help.

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-21, 09:31 AM
Alright. Figure your actions to date have burned about half the day.

Each of you get another go round of doing stuff, then we'll move to the next day. If you haven't posted since my last update, please do so with your plans now...

Frivolous
2013-08-24, 08:36 PM
LD: I guess everyone who was going to post has posted, yes?

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-24, 08:51 PM
LD: I guess everyone who was going to post has posted, yes?

Looks like! I'll advance things tomorrow-ish...

Frivolous
2013-08-24, 09:51 PM
Thanks. Oh, and I hope you enjoyed Gencon.

Finkmilkana
2013-08-25, 08:56 AM
Should you have been waiting for me, sorry.
I didn't post any more actions because you wrote that I spend the day in your "results" post.

Angstrom
2013-08-29, 01:23 AM
Not much left to do this day for Bridget. She'll be in her room if any of the others want her help with anything, but she won't push any more actions into the day.

Morbis Meh
2013-08-29, 11:08 AM
Hey LD, how many doses of that sleeping drought are in that vial? If more than one I think I will be getting those dwarves knocked out quicker than I hoped but if only one then I will be going for the foreman of the crew. An Ogre vs Dwarves for a drinking contest that will be a horrifying sight indeed!

Lost Demiurge
2013-08-29, 11:12 AM
Hey LD, how many doses of that sleeping drought are in that vial? If more than one I think I will be getting those dwarves knocked out quicker than I hoped but if only one then I will be going for the foreman of the crew. An Ogre vs Dwarves for a drinking contest that will be a horrifying sight indeed!

Well, you're up against dwarves. Got any poison use, skill with alchemy, or other knowledges that might work?

Morbis Meh
2013-08-29, 11:23 AM
Well, you're up against dwarves. Got any poison use, skill with alchemy, or other knowledges that might work?

...nope lol damn should have asked the alchemist how many doses are in there and instructions. Only knowledge is planes and last time I checked them dwarves didn't look like eldritch horrors :smallbiggrin: Very well I will dump all of it into one. Since this would be an ingested poison and not an attack I should have no worries with Jodi falling asleep because that's just silly

Starbin
2013-08-29, 12:16 PM
Dang, if only we had someone who knew about alchemy or poisons ...(whisws innocently, clearly NOT looking at Sirin).

I guess we just have to remember Jodi is a bit of a know-it-all, even when she doesn't :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-09-02, 07:57 PM
LD is currently experiencing technical difficulties and would appreciate your patience. If that is something you are not willing to give then prepare yourselves for the wrath of a Demiurge

Frivolous
2013-09-02, 08:19 PM
Sorry to read that LD is experiencing technical difficulties. Hope it gets better soon.

I've been there. I don't mind waiting.

Finkmilkana
2013-09-02, 11:03 PM
Lurking and waiting :smallwink:

As a heads up, I'll be again be in Japan next week and afterwards return to European posting schedules.

Starbin
2013-09-03, 02:07 PM
Y'all know I'm in it for the long haul ... no worries!

Frivolous
2013-09-06, 10:18 AM
Query: Are Rekker and Sirin in the same room as Grumblejack and Jodi?

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-06, 10:23 AM
Query: Are Rekker and Sirin in the same room as Grumblejack and Jodi?

This is going on in the Inn's common room, and it took an hour or two to get to this point so yeah, they're in the same room. Rather, they can be if they want to be.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-09, 09:50 AM
Perception! [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-09-17, 11:21 PM
I assume Jodi is now exiting the basement and we can all talk?

Since the game is slowing down because of all the very many possible plots we are fermenting, I humbly suggest that we start murdering soon. It's not elegant but at least we'll be doing something.

Anyone wish otherwise?

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-18, 08:12 AM
It might be good. This part of the adventure is in your hands, guys. It doesn't go anywhere unless you take it there.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-18, 08:54 AM
Yeah I shall post today about her leaving then murdering can happen...

Starbin
2013-09-18, 10:27 AM
I assume Jodi is now exiting the basement and we can all talk?

Since the game is slowing down because of all the very many possible plots we are fermenting, I humbly suggest that we start murdering soon. It's not elegant but at least we'll be doing something.

Anyone wish otherwise?

Oh, you all know Rekker - he is ALL about plotting and scheming!

"Let's cut off his head with an axe. Or we could split open his head with a sword. And there's my personal favorite - knocking off his head with a hammer."

Plot-Master in the House!

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-19, 02:33 PM
I think that it may perhaps be time to discuss folding the game. Posting has slowed, and I think enthusiasm is flagging a bit.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-19, 02:36 PM
I think that it may perhaps be time to discuss folding the game. Posting has slowed, and I think enthusiasm is flagging a bit.

NEVER! *quickly goes to post* it seems like we still have 3/5 maybe instead of folding we bring a couple of new players (maybe someone can take over our npc necromancer wizard!)

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-19, 02:44 PM
NEVER! *quickly goes to post* it seems like we still have 3/5 maybe instead of folding we bring a couple of new players (maybe someone can take over our npc necromancer wizard!)

Mm. Well, if you're still around, please post, folks. Let's see how many we've got.

Starbin
2013-09-19, 04:18 PM
Still here!

Angstrom
2013-09-19, 06:05 PM
I'm still here and eager. With Bridget having completed her actions for the day I have been waiting for the next advancement.

Frivolous
2013-09-19, 10:41 PM
Still here. Would still like to continue playing, though I also have worried that the game was dying.

I think a lot of players (including me) don't do too well with open-ended things like the current setup.

Edit: I'll post IC later after work and I finally get some good rest. TGIF.

Edit #2: Never mind. Figured out a post anyway.

Starbin
2013-09-19, 11:38 PM
Well, my issue is that Rekker isn't really configured for social engineering. LD has been good to us, allowing us a lot of freedom, but I'm still playing a character that just isn't much of a mastermind. But I'll try harder!

Finkmilkana
2013-09-20, 04:04 AM
Still here. Sadly had a lot to do + jetlag after returning from asia, which kept me from spending time on my PbP's. Right now reading up on the new posts.
And about the passivity lately, I had the problem that Marthras is sadly bad at gathering information and I had not really an idea where to go besides speaking to people. It seemed to me that everything important is in the keep proper...

Frivolous
2013-09-21, 02:12 PM
Starbin: Hope you don't mind that Sirin is disagreeing. She's a rogue; she prefers assassinations to mass battles.

It can be annoying and depressing when your ideas are shot down, so I'm apologizing here.

Starbin
2013-09-21, 02:20 PM
Rekker may not be overly fond of Sirin, but Starbin is just fine with Friv. Any petulance is IC only :smallsmile:

Angstrom
2013-09-21, 02:45 PM
I apologize as well if Bridget is shooting down other people's ideas. She probably more of a coward than anyone else in this party; plus I like the idea of feigning labour to draw the cleric into a trap then have Jodi jump out from between Bridget's legs like something from Lovecraft's nightmares.

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-21, 03:53 PM
I apologize as well if Bridget is shooting down other people's ideas. She probably more of a coward than anyone else in this party; plus I like the idea of feigning labour to draw the cleric into a trap then have Jodi jump out from between Bridget's legs like something from Lovecraft's nightmares.

0.0

::Reaches for the brainbleach::

:smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-23, 08:33 AM
Alright! So is everyone cool with the fake-childbirth-charmed-kid-fetching-the-high-priest plan?

If so, we'll move to the climax of that.

Frivolous
2013-09-23, 09:09 AM
Alright! So is everyone cool with the fake-childbirth-charmed-kid-fetching-the-high-priest plan?

If so, we'll move to the climax of that.


If I may mention, we won't use magic if it's not needed, since it might be detected.

Bridget's Bluff and Diplomacy bonus is high enough that she should be able to persuade a kid without magic, yes?

Morbis Meh
2013-09-23, 09:13 AM
If I may mention, we won't use magic if it's not needed, since it might be detected.

Bridget's Bluff and Diplomacy bonus is high enough that she should be able to persuade a kid without magic, yes?

We have three persuasive people I think we will do just fine :smallwink:

Lost Demiurge
2013-09-23, 09:13 AM
If I may mention, we won't use magic if it's not needed, since it might be detected.

Bridget's Bluff and Diplomacy bonus is high enough that she should be able to persuade a kid without magic, yes?

Easily. The higher the roll the more convincing the kid will be, mind.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-23, 09:44 AM
Easily. The higher the roll the more convincing the kid will be, mind.

If that is the case do you want Jodiah to roll it and have Sirin and Brigit back her up since Jodi has the highest bluff/diplomacy modifier? Just let me know peeps and I can roll/post the description in the IC

Frivolous
2013-09-23, 09:53 AM
Either Bridget or Jodi should go first, so Sirin knows what she needs to say to Aid Another.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-23, 10:00 AM
Either Bridget or Jodi should go first, so Sirin knows what she needs to say to Aid Another.

Alright Jodi will speak I suppose, I take it that Brigit will play as the pregnant lady? I will write based on that assumption and find the stupidest (most gulible) looking child around.

Frivolous
2013-09-23, 10:01 AM
On second thought, I'd rather Bridget make the primary roll, since the pregnant lady was her idea. So she should be the one to be Aided, not Aider.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-23, 10:01 AM
On second thought, I'd rather Bridget make the primary roll, since the pregnant lady was her idea. So she should be the one to be Aided, not Aider.

Works for me, you are autoaided by Jodi

Angstrom
2013-09-23, 02:43 PM
Here's the roll so LD can skip to the conclusion of the gambit
Bluff: [roll0] w Eagle's Splendour, but not counting aid another bonuses

In the future it doesn't matter to me who rolls since by this time our party seems to be pretty comfortable working with each other.

Frivolous
2013-09-23, 02:52 PM
You're sure? Okay. But would you like to post exactly what the scam is IC, Angstrom?

That was what I felt was more important, you see. Bridget's words would determine the scene and what we all say and look like, etc.

Edit: Or not, if this causes an extra, unnecessary delay. :smallredface:

Frivolous
2013-09-23, 02:59 PM
Sigh. And of course the dice roller picks now for me to get a natural 20. :smalltongue:

Angstrom
2013-09-24, 01:52 PM
Pre-battle buffs.
Eagle's Splendour herself and Jodi.
Enlarge Rekker and Mathras
Mage Armour herself

If we have the big hitters in position on either side of the door, this should be quick. Bridget will ready Grease for once the man is through to make escape a little harder, targeting his tile and the ones behind him.

Starbin
2013-09-24, 03:54 PM
Whoops ... didn't read the pre-battle bluffs. I guess Rekker will be a hulking figure in the corner, kinda ...

Morbis Meh
2013-09-26, 12:21 PM
Wow it seems that Friv and i were thinking alike XD well the kid is inside the building and probably quite dead at this point, I think our enlarged, invisible beat sticks should turn the priest into mince meat :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-09-26, 12:21 PM
I hate to say it, but we've almost certainly achieved overkill.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-30, 01:33 PM
Reflex save lol yeah right, once out of range she will probably drop an all floors and crawl out of the grease... though if you want a reflex that's fine she won't pass it lol
[roll0] Well that was much easier than intended.... welp looks like she stays on her feet and struts out the door... I can finally use rainbow pattern to fascinate the masses XD

Frivolous
2013-10-01, 11:04 AM
Finkmilkana: I think we may have all hit, actually.

Donnegan isn't wearing any armor, and Marthras and Sirin are flanking each other.

Or did you already add the +2 for flanking into the bonus of +11?

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-01, 11:16 AM
Finkmilkana: I think we may have all hit, actually.

Donnegan isn't wearing any armor, and Marthras and Sirin are flanking each other.

Or did you already add the +2 for flanking into the bonus of +11?

You did all hit. He's AC 11 right now.

Angstrom
2013-10-01, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend Jodi change the description of our ruse too much. Maybe a miscarriage instead of a exorcism. Maybe the baby was a tiefling. It gives a reason for the mother to flee the town in shame (or commit suicide, turning Donnegan's corpse into this).

Morbis Meh
2013-10-01, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't recommend Jodi change the description of our ruse too much. Maybe a miscarriage instead of a exorcism. Maybe the baby was a tiefling. It gives a reason for the mother to flee the town in shame (or commit suicide, turning Donnegan's corpse into this).

The original ruse does not explain why the priest sudden called out enemy and battle lol Hence why an exorcism would be more appropriate IMO...

Angstrom
2013-10-01, 01:52 PM
Yeah, but I worry that the priest or child told people that it was a pregnancy. I imagine the cry could be more convincingly played off as a spontaneous reaction to seeing a demon infant. He never actually said enemy, just "we are attacked" which I think works for a reaction to evil having arisen where we least suspect it.

Frivolous
2013-10-04, 11:03 AM
Uh, FYI, a 1st level casting of Vocal Alteration only lasts 1 minute.

Edit: We can buy or steal a scroll of that spell from the scroll seller, though that won't change the current situation much.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-04, 11:11 AM
Uh, FYI, a 1st level casting of Vocal Alteration only lasts 1 minute.

Edit: We can buy or steal a scroll of that spell from the scroll seller, though that won't change the current situation much.

Then have it assumed it was cast just before they arrived, the characters would know its duration and wait for the people to be in sight. LD wouldn't punish us for that... I hope :smallfrown:

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-04, 11:45 AM
So, uh, what are you doing with the body again?

And is everyone going to remain within the room?

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-04, 11:47 AM
Nevermind, under the bed. Got it. Alright.

Before we proceed, I'll need to know who everyone looks like. Are you still disguised as the noblewoman and her retinue? (With the exception of the "Father", of course.)

Frivolous
2013-10-04, 11:52 AM
Sirin looks like a maidservant, but a different maidservant than the one attending Lady Saff.

Edit: Forgot to mention race. Sirin looks human right now.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-04, 11:53 AM
Nevermind, under the bed. Got it. Alright.

Before we proceed, I'll need to know who everyone looks like. Are you still disguised as the noblewoman and her retinue? (With the exception of the "Father", of course.)

No as people who are different (Jodi at least) since it would bring way too much notice if they used they regular guises for this. People remember coincidences and if too many happen under the same disguise then people will make note! Atm Jodiah is appearing like a gnome, younger with different features than her regular form, not as 'Lisbeth' the halfling.

Starbin
2013-10-04, 12:15 PM
Rekker looks like a human farmer ... the anxious daddy, I suppose!

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-04, 12:27 PM
No as people who are different (Jodi at least) since it would bring way too much notice if they used they regular guises for this. People remember coincidences and if too many happen under the same disguise then people will make note! Atm Jodiah is appearing like a gnome, younger with different features than her regular form, not as 'Lisbeth' the halfling.

Alright, so random different people. Got it.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-04, 04:05 PM
The house was (or at least seemed) vacant, right?

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-04, 04:16 PM
The house was (or at least seemed) vacant, right?

Yep, it's vacant.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-04, 04:38 PM
The idiot I am I pressed preview....

[roll0]
[roll1]

And I have no idea what happened now.....

Finkmilkana
2013-10-04, 04:40 PM
And another try

[roll0]
[roll1]

Starbin
2013-10-04, 04:41 PM
Well, that's good!

Frivolous
2013-10-04, 07:24 PM
LD: May I ask if Sirin was able to find and acquire any valuables on Father Donnegan before the torch and pitchfork mob arrived? She did search his body.

Aside from the mace and holy symbol anyway.

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-04, 07:33 PM
LD: May I ask if Sirin was able to find and acquire any valuables on Father Donnegan before the torch and pitchfork mob arrived? She did search his body.

Aside from the mace and holy symbol anyway.

Well, he wasn't armored up and geared for trouble, so the loot's a little low. You find a masterworked heavy mace, a silver holy symbol of Mitra, and two keys.

Frivolous
2013-10-05, 08:39 AM
Well, he wasn't armored up and geared for trouble, so the loot's a little low. You find a masterworked heavy mace, a silver holy symbol of Mitra, and two keys.

Cool. Thank you.

Finkmilkana: Is Marthras' mace masterwork? If not, you're in luck. :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2013-10-05, 02:29 PM
Surprisingly it is not. Though I doubt that it's a good idea to walk through town with the then recently vanished priests mace.:smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-10-05, 03:03 PM
Surprisingly it is not. Though I doubt that it's a good idea to walk through town with the then recently vanished priests mace.:smallbiggrin:

Just use your circlet to disguise it as a different mace or whatever. You can change what you appear to be wearing or carrying as well as what your body looks like.

So long as you don't let go of the mace in the presence of others and cover it up when you do put the mace down, you should have no problems.

LD: Please let me know if my above statements are incorrect or mistaken. Thanks.