PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder OOC)



Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Morbis Meh
2013-10-07, 08:33 AM
Bravo Filk! Excellent speech and I am glad to see that it also pleased the fickle dice gods!

Finkmilkana
2013-10-09, 03:54 AM
Hmm, right now I'm thinking if I should go back to the temple and try to pose as the cleric some more or silently vanish at some point.

On one hand posing as him could be quite usefull (they wont get alert and I could get the rest of the group into the castle tomorrow), on the other hand I'm not sure about this/those damn archon/s. If its more than one or two I wont be able to beat them alone (not to speak of the noise of an fight) and they might look through the disguise.

Frivolous
2013-10-09, 08:10 AM
Hmm, right now I'm thinking if I should go back to the temple and try to pose as the cleric some more or silently vanish at some point.

On one hand posing as him could be quite usefull (they wont get alert and I could get the rest of the group into the castle tomorrow), on the other hand I'm not sure about this/those damn archon/s. If its more than one or two I wont be able to beat them alone (not to speak of the noise of an fight) and they might look through the disguise.

Sirin wants to rob Donnegan's residence and get his gear. He's bound to have neat magic stuff that Jodi and Marthras can use.

Fink, could Marthras mention the archons, if he knows about them IC? I don't think the rest of us have been informed.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-09, 08:45 AM
Also he could just take us inside with him directly if he needed, all he has to do is make up some new story about them being destitute and needing a place to stay or even could be his new enterage :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2013-10-09, 09:13 AM
Well, IF there are Archons (just checked, it was just a MIGHT, but I guess we should take that as an given) everyone with an Evil Aura should keep out if we don't want it to turn into a slaughter (though I still have 4 Potions of Undetectable Alignment) The problem with taking you in is that I just told them you will leave... (my fault). I guess it would be easier to get you in as working hands or something tomorrow.

I guessed we talked about everything we found out/guessed? At least Jodiah does also know of them, her roll was better than mine.^^

Frivolous
2013-10-09, 09:44 AM
We don't have an evil alignment yet, do we? We're all still level 4, and none of us is a cleric.

edit: I don't see how anyone would argue against Donnegan taking whoever he wants into his residence. It shouldn't look suspicious.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-09, 09:59 AM
Right, Oracles also don't have an aura. Somehow I thought someone as wicked as this gnome was bound to have one.:smallbiggrin:

No, I don't think anyone has a problem with it per se, it's just strange if I now take you after just telling everyone you will instantly leave.
Maybe let the poor mother beg for shelter for one more night?

The chapel is also, even if not directly inside, part of the wider keep, right?
Is there even space to shelter a family? Military constructions tend to be kinda cramped.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-09, 10:19 AM
Right, Oracles also don't have an aura. Somehow I thought someone as wicked as this gnome was bound to have one.:smallbiggrin:

No, I don't think anyone has a problem with it per se, it's just strange if I now take you after just telling everyone you will instantly leave.
Maybe let the poor mother beg for shelter for one more night?

The chapel is also, even if not directly inside, part of the wider keep, right?
Is there even space to shelter a family? Military constructions tend to be kinda cramped.

...So we infiltrate the castle and start the rumor mongering/poisoning? Hell we can find servants to kill and then take their identity. Yes Jodi is rather evil... kills the children first :belkar:

Starbin
2013-10-09, 10:37 AM
No, I don't think anyone has a problem with it per se, it's just strange if I now take you after just telling everyone you will instantly leave.
Maybe let the poor mother beg for shelter for one more night?


I don't think it has to be the 'family.' It could be any group of homeless. Question is whether we want to continue 'plotting' or if we want to start some real chaos ... like setting the town on fire. It reduces the amount of support and may pull troops from the keep that we can deal with.

We definitely need to pull the thread on homeslice who's sleeping with his bosses' wife ...

Frivolous
2013-10-09, 10:37 AM
...So we infiltrate the castle and start the rumor mongering/poisoning? Hell we can find servants to kill and then take their identity.

Yes.

Ideally we should get Loverboy and the Wronged Husband homicidally mad at each other, supported by each commander's troop.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-09, 11:02 AM
Yeah, the question is just: Get you in today as the farmer + wife etc., which might raise suspicion, or wait until tomorrow and get you in as "worker" or "praying travelers" which.
Or maybe you slip away fast and then meet up the "father" as "helping hands" from the village who guide the "poor, tired priest" back into his quarters?
Then replace some servant or something.
Is the father the only "civilian" in there or do we know of some manservants, cooks or something? There has to be something that is not soldier in there.
Or does the priest maybe even has helps, acolytes, choirboys or something? That would be ideal, they might even sleep right now and are easy prey for a nightly murder.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-09, 11:03 AM
I don't think it has to be the 'family.' It could be any group of homeless. Question is whether we want to continue 'plotting' or if we want to start some real chaos ... like setting the town on fire. It reduces the amount of support and may pull troops from the keep that we can deal with.

We definitely need to pull the thread on homeslice who's sleeping with his bosses' wife ...

The fires would be a good thing to start just before the golins approach hell it could almost be their signal. If we can draw the troops away from the hob goblins just before the battle starts all the better right?

Frivolous
2013-10-09, 11:17 AM
Yeah, the question is just: Get you in today as the farmer + wife etc., which might raise suspicion, or wait until tomorrow and get you in as "worker" or "praying travelers" which.

It's nighttime, so I'm hoping that there will be fewer witnesses anyway.

I would really rather not wait for tomorrow. We have more murders to do tomorrow that might require further spell slots from the party's casters.

Starbin
2013-10-09, 11:40 AM
The fires would be a good thing to start just before the golins approach hell it could almost be their signal. If we can draw the troops away from the hob goblins just before the battle starts all the better right?

You mean the bugbears? Or has Jodi arranged another army of evil humanoids to join the party :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-10-09, 12:06 PM
You mean the bugbears? Or has Jodi arranged another army of evil humanoids to join the party :smallbiggrin:

She has her own army :smallcool: but yes I mean the bugbears... stupid goblinoids XD

Angstrom
2013-10-10, 09:33 PM
I would really rather not wait for tomorrow. We have more murders to do tomorrow that might require further spell slots from the party's casters.

We're still got six days until the bugbear arrival right? I say keep cautious, and don't risk blowing our cover before the horde is ready. Its up to Mathras's infiltration now.

Frivolous
2013-10-11, 09:31 AM
We're still got six days until the bugbear arrival right? I say keep cautious, and don't risk blowing our cover before the horde is ready. Its up to Mathras's infiltration now.

Nods. Okay.

Starbin
2013-10-13, 01:44 PM
Who is Sirin waving to? You mean Jodi? Cuz Rekker and Bridget already slipped out. And I have no idea where Grumble and the boy are ...

Frivolous
2013-10-13, 01:51 PM
Who is Sirin waving to? You mean Jodi? Cuz Rekker and Bridget already slipped out. And I have no idea where Grumble and the boy are ...

Oh. Uh, if no one else is left besides Jodi, then never mind.

Grumble and the boy are somewhere else, out of sight.

Starbin
2013-10-13, 01:55 PM
That's what I figured, but I didn't want there to be a miscommunication. I figure we'll all meet up later ... Only thing we need to find out is if Mathras tries to return to the chapel ...

Finkmilkana
2013-10-14, 11:20 AM
Well, that's at least what I said.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-15, 01:18 AM
Who is Harlon?

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-15, 08:24 AM
Who is Harlon?

I'm curious about that myself. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-10-15, 08:59 AM
Who is Harlon?


I'm curious about that myself. :smallbiggrin:

well he is a lesser known globetrotter, Harlem is his better known brother :smallbiggrin: Though Harlon I do believe is the spontaneous alias Rekker has decided to pick up (the tragic farmer whose child was a twisted abomination)

Frivolous
2013-10-15, 10:40 AM
Yeah, Harlon is the name Rekker is using for now.

Frivolous
2013-10-15, 12:04 PM
LD: I have to ask, at what time of night is it?

Also, are there any other guards or guard posts near that Sirin and the others saw or know about?

I ask because the middle of the tunnel might make an acceptable ambush point. But I'm not sure.

Starbin
2013-10-15, 12:33 PM
Oh, I thought at first she was referring to Harland Williams, extraordinary actor and star of such movies as Half-Baked and Rocket Man!

But yeah, Bridget called me Harlon before.

Also, who all is there? Sirin is referring to her family, but I'm a little lost as to who that actually is ... :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-15, 12:48 PM
Well, there were guards up on the wall watching you enter the gate.

There look to be a couple of guards on the watchtower's gate, on the other side of the bridge.

And you all can be there if you want. The way I read it only Sirin was sticking around and following. Insert yourselves or do something else as you please.

Finkmilkana
2013-10-15, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure I took the key from you? That at least makes sense, the father without the keys might be suspicious.
But I guess the door is open and you are supposed to go in (to pray).
Also, the others did leave, didn't they?

Starbin
2013-10-15, 05:30 PM
Jodi, Rekker and Bridget all did ...:smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-10-15, 07:41 PM
Oh, I thought at first she was referring to Harland Williams, extraordinary actor and star of such movies as Half-Baked and Rocket Man!

But yeah, Bridget called me Harlon before.

Also, who all is there? Sirin is referring to her family, but I'm a little lost as to who that actually is ... :smallsmile:

Well, if Harlon/Rekker is her brother and Bridget is her sister in law, they would be her family, yes?

I'm not sure about Jodi, though....

I'm just making it up as I go along. :smallsmile:

edit: I'm against the party separating. Hopefully Marthras or someone can come up with a reason or way to keep us all together.

Or at least avoid talking to the Commander tonight. Unless we want to go straight to the big boss fight.

Angstrom
2013-10-15, 07:48 PM
My bad for initiating the split. Mathras could say that he wants to keep an eye on the mother to make sure she is not possessed. That would get all of us except for Jodi in the chapel.

Frivolous
2013-10-15, 08:32 PM
Well, Bridget, Jodi and Marthras are all pretty high in Bluff, so we should have a reasonably good chance of BS-ing Mott into keeping us all together.

Frivolous
2013-10-15, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I took the key from you? That at least makes sense, the father without the keys might be suspicious.

I stipulate that the keys are with Marthras/Donnegan.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-16, 08:33 AM
Well, Bridget, Jodi and Marthras are all pretty high in Bluff, so we should have a reasonably good chance of BS-ing Mott into keeping us all together.

Pfft Jodiah can get in with just herself XD Don't worry your pretty head about that... she already has a partial in with the fort: Those stinking perv dwarves :smallwink:

Frivolous
2013-10-16, 10:44 AM
Pfft Jodiah can get in with just herself XD Don't worry your pretty head about that... she already has a partial in with the fort: Those stinking perv dwarves :smallwink:

Ah, what worries me is that Marthras will meet the Commander, who may be a paladin with ranks in Sense Motive, who could then see through his disguise.

If he's alone, he's a goner in that case.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-16, 11:53 AM
Ah, what worries me is that Marthras will meet the Commander, who may be a paladin with ranks in Sense Motive, who could then see through his disguise.

If he's alone, he's a goner in that case.

Invisibility ftw! Also doesn't the disguise via the circlet give a +10 vs sensemotive? Paladins don't have that many ranks to spare and generally do not focus on wisdom XD

Finkmilkana
2013-10-16, 01:35 PM
No, the circlet is only disguise, at least as far as i know (but not sure).
I really hope he is not a strange wisdom-paladin.^^ I hope the father himself has been the "Sense Motive Monkey" here.

Starbin
2013-10-16, 03:30 PM
Well Bridget and Rekker thought it might generate too many questions to be taken up to the keep just yet ... so unless there is more of a rationale for everyone to head up with Mathras and Sirin (who kinda went on her own), then I think those two probably ditched the scene and headed their separate ways. Rekker planned on going back to the inn to meet up with the others.

Either way, let's make sure we're clear on this before continuing IC!

Frivolous
2013-10-16, 03:49 PM
Well Bridget and Rekker thought it might generate too many questions to be taken up to the keep just yet ... so unless there is more of a rationale for everyone to head up with Mathras and Sirin (who kinda went on her own), then I think those two probably ditched the scene and headed their separate ways. Rekker planned on going back to the inn to meet up with the others.

Sorry I got pretty confused, I thought we -all- followed after Marthras. But this week has been tiring for me, so my reading comprehension probably isn't optimal.


No, the circlet is only disguise, at least as far as i know (but not sure).
I really hope he is not a strange wisdom-paladin.^^ I hope the father himself has been the "Sense Motive Monkey" here.

Well, theoretically all you need is a round to cast Invisibility and then skedaddle and change into a Generic Soldier form and leave that way.

Frivolous
2013-10-19, 10:07 AM
Please feel free to move the scene forward without Sirin once again waving goodbye or something.

It can be too easy to fall into conversations where people keep saying, "Bye. Bye. Bye" to each other. :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-10-22, 10:33 AM
LD: Was I supposed to add some action or dialogue to the Bluff roll, or should I just wait for how the acolyte responds?

Frivolous
2013-10-29, 10:23 PM
LD: At what point do I puppeteer Marthras on behalf of Finkmilkana?

And if I may ask: If I do so, how extensively can I do so? I have an idea about luring Brother Karas to an ambush. Not sure if Fink would agree.

Lost Demiurge
2013-10-29, 10:50 PM
Eh, give Marthras a day to respond.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-30, 08:35 AM
I think we should keep the shenanigans on the down low until we are ready for the bugbears. They're already getting suspicious and the last thing we need is the guard to be on crackdown before the army gets there. We should go for subtle manipulation at this point: Commander love triangle for instance, have people within the keep begin turning on each other and what not.

Frivolous
2013-10-30, 09:20 AM
Yeah, that was my own opinion as well. Day after killing Donnegan: Start the love triangle biz.

That sort of stuff is best done a bit slowly anyway. I've already thought of ways to intensify it. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana
2013-10-31, 11:15 AM
Well, I'm waiting that I arrive back down at the temple or that something happens on the way, my last action was that I make my way there.

Frivolous
2013-10-31, 11:58 AM
Yay, Finkmilkana is back. I was getting worried. :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-11-01, 12:34 PM
Marthras' trick of getting Brother Karas to lead him to Donnegan's cell was cool. :smallsmile:

Finkmilkana, by any chance are you a fan of The Rook by Daniel O'Malley?

I ask because that's the only instance I can remember where someone got an underling to lead the way. In that novel, though, the person wasn't a disguised spy. She just had total amnesia.

Finkmilkana
2013-11-03, 06:44 AM
Not really, first heard of that book in your post.:smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-11-03, 06:47 AM
You all should read it. It's in paperback now, and it's a really good and fun book.

Frivolous
2013-11-04, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info about the stairs entrance to the cloister, LD.

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-04, 03:00 PM
No problem.

There was another tunnel leading off the courtyard, but you didn't see much that way from a cursory glance.

Frivolous
2013-11-05, 01:32 PM
By the way, I apologize to Morbis and the others if I've been giving too many suggestions IC. Don't mean to be pushy.

Edit: This is to say, please feel free to ignore most recent IC post of Sirin.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-05, 01:43 PM
Nah, don't worry about it, Jodi has been bossy at times and right now any suggestions would be useful we need a good plan to tear this city apart from the inside.

Frivolous
2013-11-05, 01:47 PM
Okay. Just wanted to soothe any irritations, because I really do sometimes get too many ideas, and this is a collaborative game, etc.

Frivolous
2013-11-08, 11:54 AM
Have a good wedding and honeymoon, Morbis! :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-11-08, 12:53 PM
Heh ... participating in the wedding, eh? I thought you'd be the star! Or at the very least, a co-star :smallbiggrin:

Congrats, good luck, and have fun!

Morbis Meh
2013-11-11, 09:18 AM
Heh ... participating in the wedding, eh? I thought you'd be the star! Or at the very least, a co-star :smallbiggrin:

Congrats, good luck, and have fun!

I was just the arm candy :smallwink:

Frivolous
2013-11-11, 12:56 PM
I like to watch weddings on TV or in the movies. They make me tear up.

On the other hand, I don't like real weddings much. Very tedious, especially if you're a close relative and you have to pose and smile for dozens upon dozens of photographs.

Finkmilkana
2013-11-12, 03:36 AM
Btw, don't wonder about me not posting anything right now, not much for me to do in there until you decide on a course of action. :smallcool:

Frivolous
2013-11-14, 02:05 PM
LD: Do you want me to puppeteer Marthras? Let me know if and when you do.

Starbin
2013-11-14, 02:50 PM
I say give Fink a chance to catch up ... might not have seen that we were there to see him :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-14, 02:50 PM
LD: Do you want me to puppeteer Marthras? Let me know if and when you do.

Welp, right now I just need you guys to finalize a general strategy. Figure you pick a way to go, settle on it, and I storyboard some things so we can move on.

Frivolous
2013-11-14, 02:59 PM
Welp, right now I just need you guys to finalize a general strategy. Figure you pick a way to go, settle on it, and I storyboard some things so we can move on.

I believe we'd decided on buying everyone at the tavern a lot of drinks, then Rekker disguising himself as a soldier and instigating a very noisy and drunken brawl between Edderly's soldiers and Mott's.

I guess everyone would be present, if only to back Rekker up and help him escape after the brawl is in full swing.

Before and after, Bridget would work the female angle and get a lot of nasty gossip going about the affair.

Starbin
2013-11-14, 03:09 PM
Curious - has anyone actually determined if the woman is ACTUALLY cheating on the guy? It won't stop us, but if she's guilty, it will help a lot more.

Frivolous
2013-11-14, 03:16 PM
Curious - has anyone actually determined if the woman is ACTUALLY cheating on the guy? It won't stop us, but if she's guilty, it will help a lot more.

No, we haven't determined it yet. :smallsmile:

I think it would be even cooler if she wasn't cheating on him. And more evil, of course.

Finkmilkana
2013-11-14, 05:58 PM
might not have seen that we were there to see him :smallsmile:
I indeed did not, somehow I had closed the IC thread and forgotten to check on it.
It would be nice if you found an unassuming reason to speak to me alone (and best outside the choir halls), those pesky akolythes are everywhere and there're also the archons who could listen...

Starbin
2013-11-19, 05:22 PM
I get that we're alone ... but you never know what these holy priests have lurking around ... like invisible archons and the like!

Just a little RP, from a guy who doesn't want to get thrown in jail (or executed) cuz Boppy the Acolyte walks by while we're discussing the rape and pillage of his town.

Don't mind me :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-11-20, 01:36 PM
Bridget or maybe Jodi will be primary on the gossip thing, so Sirin will just Aid Another. But I will wait after the primary post.

Sirin will also help with the barfight instigation, but that's a bit more ambiguous and situation-sensitive than simply rolling Bluff or Diplomacy.

Starbin
2013-11-20, 01:42 PM
I suppose I could roll an attack now, but that seems a bit presumptuous :smallsmile:

Oh, just thought of something ... any chance one of the ladies could get a silence scroll or two (or wand)? I think it will be handy for when we try to take out the paladin. I think we could even have it be purchased by one of the 'ladies-in-waiting' for the wife we're going to blackmail. Would definitely help build the picture :smallbiggrin:

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-20, 01:58 PM
Honestly, at this point, I'd kind of like to wrap this section up.

So go ahead and roll for the various points of your plan and we'll end with a climactic scene, once you've done everything you want to.

Frivolous
2013-11-20, 02:12 PM
Understood.

Angstrom
2013-11-20, 08:25 PM
Two rolls: one to get them to believe that its actually happening and not just rumours, the other to get them to believe they should act against the adulterers.

Bluff: [roll0] ouch, hopefully they already mostly believe it.
Diplomacy: [roll1]

This is one of those times where I can imagine Jodi going around and getting all the kids calling Mrs. Mott names and telling their parents.

Mathras/Donnegan might as well bring word to the Captain of Balentyne that they're both invited to dinner at the tavern sponsored by the successful archaeology mission.

Finkmilkana
2013-11-22, 05:28 AM
I don't think getting the father involved is a good idea, I don't know how his relation to them is.

Frivolous
2013-11-22, 12:48 PM
Regarding Rekker's instigating a fight:

Usually Diplomacy is used to try to improve the attitude of others. Is starting a bar brawl thus deliberately failing a Diplomacy check?

If so, is it at all worthwhile for Bridget to boost Rekker's Charisma?

I've never been in this situation so I'm wondering how Starbin will go about it. :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-22, 01:17 PM
Regarding Rekker's instigating a fight:

Usually Diplomacy is used to try to improve the attitude of others. Is starting a bar brawl thus deliberately failing a Diplomacy check?

If so, is it at all worthwhile for Bridget to boost Rekker's Charisma?

I've never been in this situation so I'm wondering how Starbin will go about it. :smallsmile:

Actually, intimidate's good for this too.

Starbin
2013-11-22, 03:04 PM
So I intimidate them into throwing a punch? Cuz I don't want to scare them off :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-22, 03:31 PM
So I intimidate them into throwing a punch? Cuz I don't want to scare them off :smallsmile:

Sure! Make them think you're enough of a threat that they have to strike first. That works.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-22, 04:57 PM
All righty what rolls do you request for Nana Jodi? Bluff/ Diplomacy and how many?

Frivolous
2013-11-22, 04:59 PM
Welcome back, Morbis! :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-11-22, 05:02 PM
Ah ... welcome back MM! Hope it was a 'fruitful' trip!

Morbis Meh
2013-11-22, 06:22 PM
Thank you and needless to say the trip was... full of disappointments (not on the spousal end but on the trip end)

Frivolous
2013-11-23, 09:38 AM
Thank you and needless to say the trip was... full of disappointments (not on the spousal end but on the trip end)

Sorry to hear that. It happens sometimes with tourism.


All righty what rolls do you request for Nana Jodi? Bluff/ Diplomacy and how many?

Just one skill roll, I think. You could either try your own Bluff or Diplomacy roll, or Aid Another to Bridget's.

Sirin successfully got an Aid Another to Bridget's 18, which equals 20. Should be enough for most purposes. So it's your choice whether to try to surpass the 20 or do another Aid Another.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-23, 01:46 PM
Jodi will do her own separate bluff check here... [roll0] I imagine Sirin can disable the siege engines with a little instruction from Jodiah

Morbis Meh
2013-11-25, 09:40 AM
Oh dear sweet Cthulhu... LD you are my favorite GM that was just hilarious XD I will think on what to post today

Edit: I am thinking that the day of the invasion that we start some riots within the town so that the soldiers have to take care of the commoners and leave the fortress... then we slip in and leave the place entirely open :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-11-25, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a plan ... guess we have three things that stand out to me (I'm sure there's more, but my brain can only handle three at a time).

1) When do we deal with the wizard? Still think it will be funny if we have him blow himself up ... and by that, i mean kill him, take his stuff and blow up his tower.

2) Seige engines ... is there value to keeping those around? The three options (brain full!) I see with keeping them would be to a) use against any forces responding; b) turn on the town to increase the chaos; c) leave in place in case we are forced to turn on the bugbears.

3) Do we want/need to wait until Monday? I thought Sirin had a plan to poison the keep with the weekly stew, so it might be worth the added complication to plan the next phase then. Of course, as well as our bluffers are, it's probably moot :smallbiggrin:

As an aside, huzzah for evil!

Frivolous
2013-11-25, 12:28 PM
re: Sirin's earlier ideas:

Anyone object to our using the scandal to cast blame on Commander Balentyne and Father Donnegan for allowing it to happen on their watch?

After all, a paladin and a cleric of Mitra should have kept the evil from happening.

I understand if Marthras doesn't want to "punish" himself, but either way we can make the Commander bear the brunt of the responsibility, as the highest ranking officer.

Also, we can spread more gossip about who was sleeping with Edderly and/or Mrs Mott all this time. It's kind of doubtful they were monogamous in their adultery. :smallsmile:

Frivolous
2013-11-25, 12:52 PM
Oh dear sweet Cthulhu... LD you are my favorite GM that was just hilarious XD I will think on what to post today

Edit: I am thinking that the day of the invasion that we start some riots within the town so that the soldiers have to take care of the commoners and leave the fortress... then we slip in and leave the place entirely open :smallbiggrin:

Sounds okay. If we don't kill all the soldiers earlier than that.

The soldiers won't be able to take care of the commoners if they pin us somewhere in the keep and force us to kill them all. :smallsmile:


Sounds like a plan ... guess we have three things that stand out to me (I'm sure there's more, but my brain can only handle three at a time).

1) When do we deal with the wizard? Still think it will be funny if we have him blow himself up ... and by that, i mean kill him, take his stuff and blow up his tower.

2) Seige engines ... is there value to keeping those around? The three options (brain full!) I see with keeping them would be to a) use against any forces responding; b) turn on the town to increase the chaos; c) leave in place in case we are forced to turn on the bugbears.

3) Do we want/need to wait until Monday? I thought Sirin had a plan to poison the keep with the weekly stew, so it might be worth the added complication to plan the next phase then. Of course, as well as our bluffers are, it's probably moot :smallbiggrin:

As an aside, huzzah for evil!

1. Killing the wizard and take his stuff sounds good. If we can enter the keep by stealth, I vote we kill him first.

2. I don't know how we can use the siege engines ourselves. Just destroying them sounds good.

3. We can't make the stew happen earlier unless Bridget and Jodi convince whatshername.

By the way, please feel free to object to my earlier suggestions about blaming the Commander. It might just add complication.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-25, 12:58 PM
1. Killing the wizard and take his stuff sounds good. If we can enter the keep by stealth, I vote we kill him first.

2. I don't know how we can use the siege engines ourselves. Just destroying them sounds good.

3. We can't make the stew happen earlier unless Bridget and Jodi convince whatshername.

By the way, please feel free to object to my earlier suggestions about blaming the Commander. It might just add complication.

1. Sure murderhobos AWAY!

2. Taking them offline would be simpler

3. Messing with routine like that is a little too suspicious.

As for blaming commanders... Jodiah is going to attempt to get the entire city to rebel against the authorities that be because GO ANARCHY!

Finkmilkana
2013-11-26, 08:46 AM
Well, I don't know how the wizard safes his room, but going in invisible while he sleeps + coup de grace might work. And maybe look if he has something we can use to blow up the rookery. No need to let word of riot/invasion get out.

About the wounded after the bar fight: I do have some heal spells too, so the "father" can actually help (though he tries to help people who weren't that bad of either way :smallcool:)

Frivolous
2013-11-26, 12:32 PM
Well, I don't know how the wizard safes his room, but going in invisible while he sleeps + coup de grace might work. And maybe look if he has something we can use to blow up the rookery. No need to let word of riot/invasion get out.

About the wounded after the bar fight: I do have some heal spells too, so the "father" can actually help (though he tries to help people who weren't that bad of either way :smallcool:)

Killing him in his sleep sounds good.

Better not heal, though. They'll find it funny that you're not channeling.

Starbin
2013-11-26, 01:15 PM
I think we put too much into mechanics some time ... I don't think the average person should care about the difference between channeling and casting. Besides, for all they know, he's out of channels for the day.

Break-break, separate topic - I think I like the idea of inciting a little dissatisfaction with the locals. What would be awesome if we could get the pally to take his own life, amidst the shame and dishonor. That, or depart on a journey of self-enlightenment. However, maybe we can set it up to have him come for absolution from the 'father' ... and we kill him.

Oooh ... how about this - we have the father visit the town to tend to the flock and get killed (so many ways to do this, but just having the body found might be good enough). Then, when the commander comes down to investigate, we have the animated body rise, accusing the commander of failing his duties!

Okay, maybe that's a bit much, but it would still be cool!

Morbis Meh
2013-11-26, 02:24 PM
I think we put too much into mechanics some time ... I don't think the average person should care about the difference between channeling and casting. Besides, for all they know, he's out of channels for the day.

Break-break, separate topic - I think I like the idea of inciting a little dissatisfaction with the locals. What would be awesome if we could get the pally to take his own life, amidst the shame and dishonor. That, or depart on a journey of self-enlightenment. However, maybe we can set it up to have him come for absolution from the 'father' ... and we kill him.

Oooh ... how about this - we have the father visit the town to tend to the flock and get killed (so many ways to do this, but just having the body found might be good enough). Then, when the commander comes down to investigate, we have the animated body rise, accusing the commander of failing his duties!

Okay, maybe that's a bit much, but it would still be cool!

Cool...yes, possible not really. The corpse of the father was burned with the house so unless we stage self immolation on Marthas that may be a little tricky. An all out peasant revolt stagged by the 'Father' may be a better idea. Have Marthas work them up into a fervor condemning the lavious lifestyles and sins of the leaders and how they exploit the people. Nothing better than religion to get people all hot and bothered XD

Starbin
2013-11-26, 02:35 PM
Ah well, I had forgotten we burned the body. Of course, if we put a circlet on one of the dead, i wonder if we could make it look like the father?

No worries, I was just spit-balling crazy ideas. I still like the idea of a solo abosolution with the good father and the commander ... and we ambush the f(*k out of him!

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-26, 03:39 PM
Ah well, I had forgotten we burned the body. Of course, if we put a circlet on one of the dead, i wonder if we could make it look like the father?

No worries, I was just spit-balling crazy ideas. I still like the idea of a solo abosolution with the good father and the commander ... and we ambush the f(*k out of him!

Well, the problem is that the circlet works when the wearer sets the disguise. Charred corpses don't usually focus too well. :smallbiggrin:

Starbin
2013-11-26, 03:50 PM
That's just undead-bigotry in the highest! Undead are people, too!

Apparently they are NOT humanoids, however. So I will yield to your zombie-biased assessment, sir!

:smallsmile:

Angstrom
2013-11-27, 12:36 AM
Situations like that are one of the reasons Friv and I agreed on buying a wand of sculpt corpse.

I imagine the stew day would be a good time to have Bargle unleash some undead into the messhall while all the soldiers are upchucking the rat poison. We have a necromancer after all.

For the next day Bridget will head into the fortress. She'll get the layout mapped, charming if necessary, in order to have the route to the rookery, mage's office, and gatehouse established in case we need to get any of those places in a hurry. She'll also try to figure out how to use the gates in case we need to open them. An idea of how much manpower is required may wind up crucial to the invasion. Just let me know what to roll and who's coming with her.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-27, 09:41 AM
Well if we can lure out the commander to a quite location we can off him and put someone in his place ie rekker or maybe even sirin if we can get some vocal alteration going... That way we would have no problem opening the gates and distracting the army since we could order them to attack the soon to be rioting mob of peasants.

Jodiah will fan the flames between the commoners and soldiers... first find a patzee soldier, convince him/her of a peasant being guilty or assume the form of a commanding oficer to order them to apprehend said peasant (violently of course). Once the crowd has witnessed said brutality then play it from the otherside until boom both sides are tearing away at one another.

Starbin
2013-11-27, 10:47 AM
Well if we can lure out the commander to a quite location we can off him and put someone in his place ie rekker or maybe even sirin if we can get some vocal alteration going... That way we would have no problem opening the gates and distracting the army since we could order them to attack the soon to be rioting mob of peasants.

Jodiah will fan the flames between the commoners and soldiers... first find a patzee soldier, convince him/her of a peasant being guilty or assume the form of a commanding oficer to order them to apprehend said peasant (violently of course). Once the crowd has witnessed said brutality then play it from the otherside until boom both sides are tearing away at one another.

Yub, need the commander alone into an ambush ... I recall the last paladin we fought and it was NOT fun!

As for the set-up, it can be easier than that. Eeasy way is Rekker just pretends to be a soldier who brutally cuts down a peasant, but that might not be as evil as Jodi would like. An alternative is that someone takes the role of a ranking officer and Rekker takes the role of loyal soldier ... when given the order to apprehend the peasant forcefully, we all hesitate, but finally Rekker walks over and slays the peasant ... muttering "Mithra forgive me" of course.

Just depends on how evil you want to be. We could even disguise Timeon and send him in to ravage Mott's wife ("You want to be a whore, then you'll be treated like one!) ... that could feed the apprehending scenario.

Lost Demiurge
2013-11-27, 12:33 PM
Just depends on how evil you want to be. We could even disguise Timeon and send him in to ravage Mott's wife ("You want to be a whore, then you'll be treated like one!) ... that could feed the apprehending scenario.

Eh... Keep it PG, please. :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2013-11-27, 12:39 PM
Eh... Keep it PG, please. :smallbiggrin:

Damn... I was going have Jodi go all Jigsaw on people, Social Darwinism at its finest!

Frivolous
2013-11-27, 02:15 PM
Bridget stops you before you get to the ship, but Jodi and Grumblejack's interrogation continues.

"I've got three brothers and two sisters." Says Timeon. "All of them older than me and gone out to serve in the army, the church, the holy orders. Well, except for Danik. He's the eldest, so he'll inherit the lands. So he stays home and drinks all the time."

He sighs at the next question. "We're not the main branch of the Balentyne family, I didn't grow up there. Our estates are miles away, down the wall. So I've been in Tower Balentyne twice for visits. I-I gave you the map... I told you what I know... What more do you want, here?"

Timeon is related to Commander Balentyne. Maybe he can ask for a private family visit.


Situations like that are one of the reasons Friv and I agreed on buying a wand of sculpt corpse.

Just remember that when we deploy the fake corpse of Donnegan, Marthras won't be able to use his form anymore.


For the next day Bridget will head into the fortress. She'll get the layout mapped, charming if necessary, in order to have the route to the rookery, mage's office, and gatehouse established in case we need to get any of those places in a hurry. She'll also try to figure out how to use the gates in case we need to open them. An idea of how much manpower is required may wind up crucial to the invasion. Just let me know what to roll and who's coming with her.

Can't we just get someone to draw the map for us? That way we don't have to risk Bridget.

Starbin
2013-11-27, 03:52 PM
Eh... Keep it PG, please. :smallbiggrin:

Oh fine ... we can do that.

Timeon stepped into the room behind the Lady Mott. She turned, startled, then realized it was just little Timeon, back from his apprenticeship, apparently. "Oh, I didn't hear you come in, Timmy ... how was your training?" It was obvious she had been crying, but she paused dabbing at her eyes as she tried to make herself presentable.

"Oh, hello m'lady, I was just stopping by to pay my respects. Have those cads left you alone here?"

"Yes, but its ...its okay. I need a little time by myself."

"Ah. Then perhaps we could ... talk." He closed the door behind him with a click.

Better? :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-11-27, 03:57 PM
Oh fine ... we can do that.

intro to a less than unique porno

Better? :smallsmile:

You keep on forgetting that this is Timmy we're talking about; chances are he would be the one overpowered and subsequently violated XD

Starbin
2013-11-27, 04:02 PM
True. Not sure the Pool Boy or Pizza Man gambit will work with him. Guess we'll just have to burn her house down, too.

"Burn the harlot!"

Frivolous
2013-11-28, 12:38 PM
I think we won't be able to get the Commander to see us by himself. Guys like that delegate tasks and tend to have an entourage wherever they go.

I therefore suggest we get the other remaining personages first (Captain Barhold, Magister Tacitus the wizard, and Mad Martin Reynard the rookery tender).

If it matters, here is the post where we learned of them from Vangerly:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15645937&postcount=1184

We could go after Barhold, Tacitus or Reynard. I can see pros and cons to any of the three.

Barhold is the one easiest to get outside the keep, though. He eats dinner with his brother at the Lord's Dalliance.

Getting to Tacitus or Reynard almost certainly means entering the keep.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-28, 12:57 PM
I think we won't be able to get the Commander to see us by himself. Guys like that delegate tasks and tend to have an entourage wherever they go.

I therefore suggest we get the other remaining personages first (Captain Barhold, Magister Tacitus the wizard, and Mad Martin Reynard the rookery tender).

If it matters, here is the post where we learned of them from Vangerly:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15645937&postcount=1184

We could go after Barhold, Tacitus or Reynard. I can see pros and cons to any of the three.

Barhold is the one easiest to get outside the keep, though. He eats dinner with his brother at the Lord's Dalliance.

Getting to Tacitus or Reynard almost certainly means entering the keep.

...Barhold should be totally captured by the peasant mob then burned at the stake this would cause the soldiers to act against the peasants and increase the violence between the two factions...

Frivolous
2013-11-28, 01:02 PM
...Barhold should be totally captured by the peasant mob then burned at the stake this would cause the soldiers to act against the peasants and increase the violence between the two factions...

Heh. That would take some exquisite timing.

Maybe we can just attack him and his brother while they eat dinner? Simple and sweet.

Frivolous
2013-11-28, 01:21 PM
In case it matters, I mentioned 'exquisite timing' in my last post because the mob would have to be careful not to scare Barhold away.

Unfortunately, mobs are large and noisy, so Barhold is more likely to notice them than not. And if he notices them, he would just stay at the keep.

Edit: Unless we disguise ourselves as peasants when we attack? I figure that could work. It would certainly make him underestimate us.

Morbis Meh
2013-11-28, 01:26 PM
In case it matters, I mentioned 'exquisite timing' in my last post because the mob would have to be careful not to scare Barhold away.

Unfortunately, mobs are large and noisy, so Barhold is more likely to notice them than not. And if he notices them, he would just stay at the keep.

Or be the dutiful soldier and try to break up the mob :smallwink:

Frivolous
2013-11-28, 01:39 PM
Or be the dutiful soldier and try to break up the mob :smallwink:

Depends on how confident he is, I guess. A confident soldier might, even if he's not wearing armor, try to break up the mob himself.

A more prudent man might go back to the keep for reinforcements, in which case we might be screwed.

How do you figure he acts? He's the most senior of the captains.

Frivolous
2013-12-02, 02:29 PM
So, what do we do? Any other ideas?

This assumes those who celebrated Thanksgiving all have woken up from their food comas. :smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2013-12-02, 02:33 PM
So, what do we do? Any other ideas?

This assumes those who celebrated Thanksgiving all have woken up from their food comas. :smallsmile:

Or haven't been trampled in the Black friday Stampede....

Finkmilkana
2013-12-02, 02:58 PM
Not really, besides trying to murder some of them in their sleep.

Lost Demiurge
2013-12-02, 04:13 PM
Alright, well, list out a course of actions you're going to take, and we'll move ahead.

Morbis Meh
2013-12-02, 04:27 PM
Stir up local populace and turn them into a rioting mob
Enter fort and locate/murderize the man in the rookery
Murder the hell out of said wizard and make it appear like an accident
Sabotage Catapults
Kill the Commander of the Balentyne?
Poison the solider's Stew


Feel free to add/take something off of the list but I think this is what we are aiming for before we have the invasion start... the day of the invasion will more than likely have us jamming door mechanism and putting guards to sleep or even having a riot start the night of so the guards will be busy dealing with them and the undead.

Starbin
2013-12-02, 04:32 PM
My list of things (not necessarily in order)

- Get a silence wand / scroll
- Take out Barhold, perhaps at dinner (bad quail? or straight out murder?)
- Sneak in on Tacticus and kill him. Would love to have him take blame for an explosion that takes out either the seige engines or the third level of the tower. Of course, his solitary nature might let us take his place instead ...
- Take care of Reynard (I think Sirin mentioned a plan for him)
- Lure commander to the father's chambers (or a neutral site) and kill him
- Disable the stone seal of Balentyne, so they can't drop it into place

The hows and whys are up to those smarter than me!

Morbis Meh
2013-12-02, 05:09 PM
Luring the commander is easy, just send a messenger for the Commander on the Father's behalf and make it seem urgent then he comes in we murder him and done! Barhold we ambush him as he makes his way from the inn back to the fort someone can follow him and we wait out and have someone actually message 'help' to him so no one else can hear it then we kill him and give the necromancer a new corpse. As far as the seal goes not that hard, a little bit of invisibility and some sabotaging know how will work just fine. I imagine the soldiers will be someone complacent in sealing protocol due to no recent invasion attempts.

Finkmilkana
2013-12-03, 08:49 AM
I actually think we should start with Reynard/his rookery, maybe combined with Tacticus. If the birds live once we start "openly" murdering people, they might send for help, possibly even blaming the "spirit" the father killed. Having a squad of Inquisitors teleport in to deal with the demon might not be in our best interest.

Also, I think we forgot the dwarves? They might be able to repair the siege weapons if we only sabotage them.

Idea: Let someone disguised as Tacticus enter the rookery "angrily" and in a way that he is seen, kill Reynard, blow the whole think up/set in on fire, then sneak away.
Then let the rest stir up hate for the wizard and hope he gets thrown in jail/killed by the soldiers who already distrust him. I think getting people to kill the wizard is by far easier than to get them to rebel against the commander.

Does anyone has a way to cause an explosion?^^ Or at least (a few) Alchemists Fires? If not we could try to murder Tacticus first (if I reach him sleeping, I doubt he would survive a PA Coup de Grace) and look if he has some scroll for it, though that increases the risk of the whole thing by quite a bit.

Frivolous
2013-12-03, 01:53 PM
- Take care of Reynard (I think Sirin mentioned a plan for him)


Sorry, no plan available for Reynard. We really know very little about him, other than he's mean and he keeps the rookery. We don't even know what race he is.


Luring the commander is easy, just send a messenger for the Commander on the Father's behalf and make it seem urgent then he comes in we murder him and done! Barhold we ambush him as he makes his way from the inn back to the fort someone can follow him and we wait out and have someone actually message 'help' to him so no one else can hear it then we kill him and give the necromancer a new corpse.

I favor going after Barhold or luring the Commander first. I'm not particularly worried about arcane casters like Tacticus or Reynard.

If Marthras thinks he can reliably lure the Commander out, then I can support going for the Commander first, though that may be tricky since the Commander was already suspicious and must be even more paranoid now.

By the way, Sirin wants to try to keep one of them alive for her human sacrifice to Asmodeus. Though she won't complain (too much) if the party dishes out too much damage in the course of bringing them down.

My preferred order is therefore:

1. Barhold.
2. Commander.
3. Reynard.
4. Tacticus.


Does anyone has a way to cause an explosion?^^ Or at least (a few) Alchemists Fires? If not we could try to murder Tacticus first (if I reach him sleeping, I doubt he would survive a PA Coup de Grace) and look if he has some scroll for it, though that increases the risk of the whole thing by quite a bit.

Sirin has 1 alchemist's fire, and the alchemist shop probably has more. Bridget has a scroll of Burning Hands.

Frivolous
2013-12-03, 02:02 PM
Heh. I just thought of something.

Since we're all kind of uncertain who to eliminate first, anyone object to just rolling for it?

I mean, we could go d4, with 1 = Commander, 2 = Barhold, 3 = Tacticus, 4 = Reynard.

What do you all think?

Morbis Meh
2013-12-03, 02:04 PM
Works for me, murder has always been a fond past time of Jodi's, of course inciting riots that lead to helpless slaughter are also entertaining to her.

Frivolous
2013-12-03, 02:09 PM
Motion seconded. I'll roll now, and if no one objects, we'll go after the target the dice roller chooses.

[roll0]

Edit: Tacticus. I support the plan to sneak up on him in his sleep and murder him.

Finkmilkana
2013-12-03, 02:12 PM
I'm not 100% sure if luring the commander (at least to somewhere else than the quarters, where he could probably get help. Remember that he appears to be a pretty capable fighter and wont go down fast or easy.) works, he seemed at least slightly worried about my behaviour already. If I call him to somewhere outside, it would have to be something "important" and then he'll probably bring a score of men with him.

Edit: Tacticus sounds easier :smalltongue:
Sadly I've got only 2 invis per day.

Angstrom
2013-12-03, 02:31 PM
Wow, a lot to catch up on. I'm down with taking out Tacitus, but we don't yet have a way to counter the fact that arcane spells tend to be loud. I'm thinking Bridget needs to find a way of dispelling any magical wards he has on his room before Mathras invisibly coup de grace the mad mage.

I vote for Barhold next, since he's coming to the town anyways.

Starbin
2013-12-03, 02:32 PM
Wow, a lot to catch up on. I'm down with taking out Tacitus, but we don't yet have a way to counter the fact that arcane spells tend to be loud. I'm thinking Bridget needs to find a way of dispelling any magical wards he has on his room before Mathras invisibly coup de grace the mad mage.

I vote for Barhold next, since he's coming to the town anyways.

Well, that's why I think we should try and get a wand of silence or some scrolls ... also, do we know if the wizard gets supplies from town? Might be a good way to get in (since I dread breaking into a wizard's tower ...).

Barhold next is probably fine ...

Frivolous
2013-12-03, 02:38 PM
The only likely source of Silence spells are the clerics. I don't know if there are any significant bards in town.

It's remotely possible that Father Donnegan has such a scroll in his closet. Marthras has the keys.

If not, "Father Donnegan" could even ask one of his subordinates to make such a scroll. But they may not have high enough level or the Scribe Scroll feat.

Finkmilkana
2013-12-04, 12:20 PM
Well, next level I could take silence, though
a) we do not have the level up yet
b)it's the same spell level as Invis
c) The level up also brings the problem of "evil auras", meaning I might have to take conceal alignment instead....

Morbis Meh
2013-12-04, 12:34 PM
Well, next level I could take silence, though
a) we do not have the level up yet
b)it's the same spell level as Invis
c) The level up also brings the problem of "evil auras", meaning I might have to take conceal alignment instead....

Nana Jodi can also take silence but really that isn't the best spell for a caster per sae... I shall take some of the burden of spell selection do not worry dear sir!

Starbin
2013-12-09, 11:04 AM
So, kill the wabbit uh, the wizard, then the Capt. Guess we've already decided there are no silence spells available, so what does the group need Rekker to do ... threaten the rabble in a counter-point to Jodi's attempts to stir dissention? Start another fight, maybe stiring up some anti-dwarf sentiments? Club a baby Seal (okay, Kiss from a Rose isn't that bad ...)?

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 12:04 PM
LD: Hope you noticed that Fink and I posted IC inquiries and actions.

Starbin: We'll figure out what to do next after we see what the reaction is to the wizard's death. Chances are good that the situation will change and we'd have to make brand-new plans anyway.

Morbis Meh
2013-12-09, 01:14 PM
Alrighty time to murder us a wizard... if Jodi can get into a position where she can see him and he can see her she could distract him long enough to get everyone else into position via hypnotic pattern

Lost Demiurge
2013-12-09, 01:48 PM
All right. Tell me how you're getting to him, how you're gonna take him out, and give me some skill rolls to set it up.

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 01:50 PM
LD: Pardon me, but what about the results of Marthras' search in Donnegan's room?

I don't mind if the necromancer can't help Sirin in any way.

Edit: Never mind, just now saw the IC post.

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 01:55 PM
I suggest asking Timeon the general location of Tacticus' quarters. Then we disguise ourselves as soldiers, sneak up to the place at 4 AM, and murder him in his sleep.

Termino wizardo!

Morbis Meh
2013-12-09, 02:21 PM
Well I suggest us buying potion of invisility and a scroll of silence or something then stealth ganking the wizard while he sleeps. Jodiah can get a potion or scroll of fly and hover above to avoid being affected by silence.

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 02:25 PM
Sorry for triple-post: I don't see how murdering him in his sleep and Hypnotic Pattern are mutually exclusive.

If we catch him in his sleep, his eyes are closed, so Hypnotic Pattern can be cast and maintained until he wakes up or dies.

If we catch him awake, then his eyes are open, and obviously we can't murder him in his sleep. Hypnotic Pattern can be cast then.

That works, right?

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 02:27 PM
Morbis: Pardon me, but the scroll seller only sells 1st level spells, and we've found no potion seller yet.

Morbis Meh
2013-12-09, 02:50 PM
Morbis: Pardon me, but the scroll seller only sells 1st level spells, and we've found no potion seller yet.

Shucks :smalltongue: we need some way to get in quietly but yes the gnome can keep him occupied especially if she is supercharged with eagle's splendor (I think the DC would be 19, not bad against a wizard)

Frivolous
2013-12-09, 02:57 PM
Just use the circlets to disguise ourselves as soldiers. Jodi can hide in the middle or something.

All Marthras has to do is what he did last time, pretend he's a bit ill and ask a real soldier to take him to Tacticus' quarters.

Oh, I know. It's simple. We get a crate. We put Jodi in the crate, so no one wonders who she is. Three of us (Rekker, Bridget and Sirin) look like soldiers and carry the crate, following Marthras in his guise as Donnegan. The crate is supposed to be a gift for Tacticus.

Marthras orders a real soldier to accompany him on the way to Tacticus' quarters, so we don't get lost. Then once we reach the entrance, he thanks the real soldier and lets him go on his way.

Then we either sneak in or Tacticus lets us in. Either way, Jodi jumps out of the crate and we all kill him. How does that sound?

Edit: I think Bridget can even use Prestidigitation to make magical wrapping paper. Gift-wrapping paper and a big red bow should fall under the "flimsy materials" that can be fashioned using the cantrip.

Starbin
2013-12-09, 03:08 PM
Well, we might want to ask around and find out if the wizard gets shipments regularly ... else he (or the troops) might be suspicious. But I love the idea of a murderous Gnome-in-a-Box. Should be easy ...

Step one, cut a hole in the box.

Step two, put the gnome in the box.

Step three, make him open the box ... and that's the way you do it!

Sorry ... I couldn't resist ...

PS - Should Rekker start busting some townspeople as 'Random Soldier X' just to stir up more anger towards the establishment?

Morbis Meh
2013-12-09, 03:35 PM
PS - Should Rekker start busting some townspeople as 'Random Soldier X' just to stir up more anger towards the establishment?

Yes all the yes! Crackdown on those puny peasants, show them who really is in charge.

Frivolous
2013-12-10, 12:26 AM
Morbis and others: So, any objection/change desired to the gnome-in-a-box idea? It's bonkers, but entertaining, and it solves the problem of how to get Jodi into the keep. :smallsmile:

LD: If we follow that plan, what Skill rolls do you want from us?

Finkmilkana
2013-12-10, 11:24 AM
I see two problems with this:
a) if the father asks a soldier to bring him there, he would be the last person to see the wizard and that get suspicious.

b)it might break the surprise

I think those stealthy enough should just sneak there (aka walk near his quarters in disguise and then sneak in) and try murdering him in his sleep.
We don't have silence, thus if he awakes we'll hardly be able to keep it quite.

Frivolous
2013-12-10, 11:36 AM
I guess that's fine. It's no big deal.

But there are no objections to using the gift-wrapped crate to keep Jodi in, yes?

The reason why I thought of the crate at all is that I'm pretty sure the Guardtower denizens has almost all Medium-sized personnel in it. Someone might ask what the gnome or halfling is doing there.

Finkmilkana
2013-12-10, 12:06 PM
Well, only that I'm not sure if that wont give us a huge stealth penalty.

Frivolous
2013-12-10, 12:13 PM
Only a few of us have reasonable stealth anyway. Rekker and Jodi and Bridget don't have any ranks at all.

Angstrom
2013-12-10, 01:38 PM
Bridget has 0 stealth. I like gnome in a box, how about this ruse?

A couple of us posing as soldiers scouring the ruins of the town fire find a strange object in the rubble (gnome in a box). They bring it to Father who 'realizes' it uses arcane magic. The father and soldiers bring it to Tacticus, who is overcome by the us. Sculpt Corpse on Tacticus's body to make it look like Donnegan. They'll think Tacticus fled town which will be another blow to morale. If he was supposedly killed by magic we won't have to worry about auras from using sculpt corpse, also we'll have killed their mage.

Frivolous
2013-12-10, 01:45 PM
That works, Angstrom. Plausible.

Lost Demiurge: We'll use that ploy. Since it involves lying, let's roll Bluff, with Bridget as the primary and the rest of us agreeing.

Aid Another Bluff: [roll0]

Angstrom
2013-12-10, 01:47 PM
Bluff check: [roll0] Not sure what other things to roll. edit: not sure I'll need to

Finkmilkana
2013-12-10, 01:55 PM
I still believe that murdering him in his sleep is a better idea (even with only a few people), but I'll follow the majority :smallcool:
Should the father also be required to lie (aid is auto success):

Blessed Infiltration.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morbis Meh
2013-12-10, 02:38 PM
Jodiah will simply prepare Hypnotic Pattern (or colourspray take your pick group!) and will act as the Jack in the Box. I like the plan, the disappearing Tacticus could make 'other' appearances like the rookery! :belkar:

Frivolous
2013-12-10, 02:55 PM
Jodiah will simply prepare Hypnotic Pattern (or colourspray take your pick group!) and will act as the Jack in the Box. I like the plan, the disappearing Tacticus could make 'other' appearances like the rookery! :belkar:

Color spray, please. More thematic anyway.

Angstrom
2013-12-10, 07:41 PM
I still believe that murdering him in his sleep is a better idea (even with only a few people), but I'll follow the majority :smallcool:

I figure if we make the hit during the night we may not be able to get out of the castle. As long as the servants are still coming and going we can use our disguises to make it back to Aldencross.

Lost Demiurge
2013-12-12, 12:06 PM
All right. I have to be honest.

Between the slow pace of this game, and the setup, and my other obligations I'm having trouble to keep motivated to continue it. You guys are awesome, and have roleplayed greatly, but I think I'm gonna wrap it up here and storyboard an ending.

You guys are quite welcome in any other games I run, and I have no complaints! Looks like this part of things just didn't transition well to PbP.

Starbin
2013-12-12, 12:10 PM
Awwwwwww maaaaaaaaan!

Well, I won't say that doesn't suck, but I know that if you've 'lost' your 'urge' then what hope do us mere mortals have?

It's been great, and I hope to play with y'all again. LD, let us know if you run something and I'm sure we'll be there to line up!

Happy gaming!

Frivolous
2013-12-12, 12:29 PM
I'm so sad now. Sorry for any disappointments caused by me. :smallsigh:

Oh well.

Morbis Meh
2013-12-12, 03:01 PM
Hey we had a great run, we lasted over a year which is amazing, I enjoyed playing with all of you and look forward to furture games. I am in one with LD that is crouching on two years and it is running as strong as ever... BTW LD if you run any other games and need someone I am always in.

Angstrom
2013-12-13, 01:45 AM
This has been a great game and I'm grateful to have been a part. LD, you were a great DM. See you guys around the forums.

Finkmilkana
2013-12-13, 04:19 AM
After the slow pace lately, I can't say that I'm surprised, but it is nonetheless sad. Sorry for the times where my posts also took a bit longer.

The game was great fun and I'm now actually inclined to try to run this module in a "RL" group. :smallbiggrin: