PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder OOC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 02:20 PM
Recruitment thread is here!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259602

IC is here!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260019

Alright! Welcome to the OOC thread for our little rendition of the "Way of the Wicked" adventure path! You start as imprisoned scum, with nothing but rags on your backs! But in the darkest hour of your life, you find a chance to go darker still! Be smart, be cunning, work together to raise yourselves and your allies up! Cast down the smug goodness that has taken over your land, and SHOW THEM. SHOW THEM ALL.

Party Exp: 0

Ground Rules:

1. The characters are evil, but should act in a cooperatively evil fashion. After all, who else are you going to find to admire your triumphs, and compliment you on a job wickedly done? Player strife and PVP should be kept to a miniumum. We're all in this to have fun, kiddies, so let's make sure everyone is having one hell of a ride!

2. The forums are PG-13, so let's respect that. Don't go into grossly gory details or get too weird. If you do manage to seduce that temple acolyte, let matters fade to black. If you perform the final sacrifice to He-who-burns-babies, there's no need to go into detail about how you're braiding their intestines into a fetching scarf. Besides, the things that you leave to the viewer's imagination are always FAR more disturbing than what you can describe...

3. There are going to be times (such as combat) where waiting on one person to post will cause an unacceptable delay. As such, I want every Prime to choose a Puppeteer. A Puppeteer is another Prime player, who will take over your character in the event that you vanish for a while or can't post for some reason. The puppeteer will be ready to control your character's actions until you either return, or we can work your character out of the plot to make room for a replacement. Which brings me to posting etiquette...

4. By signing up for this game you are agreeing to posting at least once a weekday, and generally trying to keep the game's momentum going as you can. If you can't handle that, there's plenty of other games out there. Good luck and have fun. (Weekends are more catch-as-catch can. My time's sometimes limited then, so I don't mind if we slow down a bit there.)

You are also agreeing to notify us if you see a period of time approaching where you can't post for 24 hours or more. Give us advance notification please, so we can work around it and get your character puppeted to maximum efficiency!

5. I'll handle initiative. When combat starts, post your action whenever a turn starts, then wait for the end of the turn. Once everyone's posted for a turn then I'll process it, and type up the results.

6. LEVELLING UP: When you level, roll for hit points normally. However, in the event that your hit-die roll is less than half of your potential die maximum, then adjust the die roll up to half of the die maximum.


LIST OF PRIMES

Angstrom - Caster
Morbis Meh - Healer
Griffith! - Frontline
Frivolous - Skills
Finkmilkana - Wildcard
Sjurd - Frontline

LIST OF ALTERNATES

Frontline
Starbin
BaconMonkey

Skills
Athaleon
Hollow One

Caster
Felyndiira
Chained Birds

Wildcard
Metroid33

Healer
Starbuck II

Now, Primes and Alternates, please post your sheets and choose your puppeteers ASAP! Let's get this party started!

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I'm new here to the GitP boards. What does "choose your puppeteers" mean? :smallconfused:

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 02:37 PM
Sorry, I'm new here to the GitP boards. What does "choose your puppeteers" mean? :smallconfused:

Think of it as a buddy system, usually two people within the game will pair up together so that if one is away and cannot post the other can temporarily post an action for them until they return.

Also... I am calling purple for my color since it is lovely and dark and Yog-Sothoths favorite! I will edit this to include my character post in a minute!

Here's the sheet for Nana Jodi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=463080)

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 02:45 PM
Standard formating for most posts are as follows: Black is descriptive text of the character's action Coloured texts is used to represent speech, some people prefer regular or some people speak in bold however, when a character is thinking to themselves italic is used with their speech colour

I hope this is helpful and feel free to ask questions!

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 02:47 PM
Sorry, I'm new here to the GitP boards. What does "choose your puppeteers" mean? :smallconfused:

It's explained up in Ground Rule #3. Not everyone on the boards uses the puppeteer system, it's something I'm trying to introduce.

Think of it like having an understudy, for those times the main actor can't be there.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 02:49 PM
Also I will select Angstrom as my puppeteer since they are also a caster and though my caster is a healer they will soon have the abilities of an illusionist (to an extent of course)

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 02:50 PM
Thanks!

In that case, I think this will be my color. Because, hey, barbarians get angry. I think Griffith! would be a good understudy for my PC, since we are both frontliners (if he is willing).

Griffith!
2012-10-30, 04:35 PM
Happy to, Sjurd.

I'll call the color Royal Blue for fun and profit.

How about it, Morbis Meh? Sub for me? ...that actually sounds dirty.

And last but not least - Variel Amphora, tiefling antipaladin. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462662)

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 04:39 PM
@Griffith!

Were you planning on being a ranged specialist? I noticed you took Point Blank Shot for your starting feat. You have the abilities to make a good TWF, so I'm curious if Silas will be on the front line by himself. :smallwink:

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 05:06 PM
Since everyone else is using Myth-Weavers for their character sheets, I thought I would hop on the bandwagon.

Silas Varo Character Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=464294)

Morbis Meh
2012-10-30, 05:07 PM
Happy to, Sjurd.

I'll call the color Royal Blue for fun and profit.

How about it, Morbis Meh? Sub for me? ...that actually sounds dirty.

And last but not least - Variel Amphora, tiefling antipaladin. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462662)

It would be an honour and a privilege good sir!

Griffith!
2012-10-30, 05:27 PM
@Griffith!

Were you planning on being a ranged specialist? I noticed you took Point Blank Shot for your starting feat. You have the abilities to make a good TWF, so I'm curious if Silas will be on the front line by himself. :smallwink:

From an optimization standpoint, two-weapon fighting is a sub-par option for antipaladins. Most feat-heavy builds are kinda rough. But even ignoring that, I always wanted to be a ranged paladin in 3.5. Ranged antipaladin? Even better. :xykon:

Frivolous
2012-10-30, 07:24 PM
Thank you again for allowing me to join the game, Lost Demiurge.

I am proud to present this character, inspired by the movies Heathers and Mean Girls, and also by the wonderful fantasy novel The Iron Dragon's Daughter by Michael Swanwick.

Name: Sirin Starshine (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=463388)
Gender: Female
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue

Aliases: Sirin Lipstick, Powderpuff Girl, That Poisonous B****

Description: A pretty young half-elven woman with black hair in a pageboy cut and brilliant and moist blue eyes. She looks like her mother, the actress Melissa Starshine, but she lacks Melissa's confident stage presence. In fact, she seems a little shy.

She does not look like a girl who arranged for over a dozen teachers and fellow students to kill themselves and/or each other. And yet she did, and she is.

Background
Sirin Starshine is the daughter of the renowned and very wealthy elven philanthropist Rovan Starshine (owner of Starshine Perfumes and Cosmetics) and the human beauty queen and opera star Melissa Starshine (Rowan has a habit of marrying beautiful human women every 40 years or so).

When she was small, everyone told Sirin that she was beautiful just like her mother. But when she went to St Beatrice Finishing School for Young Ladies, Sirin learned that she was merely pretty, not stunning. That and the fact that she was half-elven made her isolated and unhappy for the first time in her life.

Sirin tried to fit in, but nothing worked. The other girls were cruel to her. Sirin prayed for revenge, and a dark god heard and answered.

Feya, an older girl also going to St Beatrice's, approached and befriended Sirin. She taught how the other girls could be flattered and manipulated and fooled. Sirin was a bright child and learned well. And when she evinced a talent for alchemy, Feya spent an afternoon every week for a year teaching Sirin special recipes for "little concoctions for mean people".

The night before Feya graduated from St Beatrice's, she brought Sirin to a secret meeting of the cult of Norgorber. By then, her attendance was just a formality. Sirin already belonged.


The next year, Sirin used what she had learned to make herself the queen bee of the school.

She flattered other girls and learned their secrets, then passed them on in ways that made close friends into rivals and enemies. She made herself a teacher's pet so she could gain access to confidential documents. She stole love letters and changed a name or two, then planted them where the worst possible person could find them. She left sharp knives and labeled jars of poison near some very depressed, very jealous, or very angry people.

It took a dedicated detective months to determine that the plague of assaults, murders, suicides, and poisonings that decimated teachers and students alike at St Beatrice's was not a coincidence. And when he presented the evidence to the courts, not even Rovan's lawyers could protect Sirin from being probed with magic and then judged guilty.

To this day, Sirin pleads her innocence. She claims, "I had nothing to do with all that. They all did it on their own."

Chillingly, she seems to believe it.

Hmm. I guess that leaves Finkmilkana as my partner. :smallsmile:

Sjurd: May I respectfully point out that you seem to have made Silas with over 40 ability points?

Or am I overlooking something?

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 07:30 PM
Hmm. I guess that leaves Finkmilkana as my partner. :smallsmile:

Sjurd: May I respectfully point out that you seem to have made Silas with over 40 ability points?

Or am I overlooking something?

Whoa. WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA!

Sjurd?

How the hell are you rocking a 22 at first level?

On a 20 point buy total?

14... 18... In fact, I don't think it's POSSIBLE to get a 20 in a score? Did you mess up somewhere?

EDIT: The 18 alone is 17 points. The 14 is 5 points. Even with the half-orc floating +2 plugged into strength...

May I suggest a somewhat lesser but more legal build of 13, 16, 15, with the +2 applied as you please?

Also, you forgot your base save of +2 to fortitude. Small potatoes, true, but as long as you're gonna be fixing things...

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 07:41 PM
At the very bottom of the character sheet, under 'Other Notes':

"Base Statistics - When not raging, Silas has the following statistics: AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 12; hp 15 (1d12+3); Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +0; Melee bite +5 (1d4+4/20x2); Melee Power Attack bite +4 (1d4+6/20x2); Ranged none; Str 18, Con 14."

Since I plan on entering a rage almost immediately for every single fight, it is easier to list my rage statistics rather than my base statistics. Make sense?

Griffith!
2012-10-30, 07:52 PM
At the very bottom of the character sheet, under 'Other Notes':

"Base Statistics - When not raging, Silas has the following statistics: AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 12; hp 15 (1d12+3); Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +0; Melee bite +5 (1d4+4/20x2); Melee Power Attack bite +4 (1d4+6/20x2); Ranged none; Str 18, Con 14."

Since I plan on entering a rage almost immediately for every single fight, it is easier to list my rage statistics rather than my base statistics. Make sense?

I'm not DMing this one, but usually? No. Not really okay. Your base attributes are supposed to go there because they're, y'know, the base. But it's DM's call, so. :smallredface:

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 08:00 PM
At the very bottom of the character sheet, under 'Other Notes':

"Base Statistics - When not raging, Silas has the following statistics: AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 12; hp 15 (1d12+3); Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +0; Melee bite +5 (1d4+4/20x2); Melee Power Attack bite +4 (1d4+6/20x2); Ranged none; Str 18, Con 14."

Since I plan on entering a rage almost immediately for every single fight, it is easier to list my rage statistics rather than my base statistics. Make sense?

Oh. Whew!

I see what you did there, rather relieved. thanks for the explanation. But no, please list the base statistics in the basic sheet.

Now if you want to keep a duplicate sheet with your rage stats figured in, that's fine by me.

I mean, theoretically, you might use up all of your rage rounds before you could rest. Might happen, in a drawn-out excursion.

Finkmilkana
2012-10-30, 08:03 PM
Checking in.

My sheet is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462969) again.

As color I'll choose DarkGreen.

And I'm ok with Frivolous as my partner.

Edit: One thing that I just noticed: What should I use as Divine Focus for the time between now (after falling from grace) and converting fully to Asmodeus?
Since we don't have any items either way it does not seem that pressing, but at some point being able to actually cast would be appreciated.

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 08:13 PM
I didn't mean anything by it. WotC has used that formatting style in quite a number of products. Look here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060707a) and here (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20061010a) for examples.

I figure it would be best, since I will activate my rage every single chance I get. That means my base statistics would be used during surprise rounds if I fail my Perception check, or after I have exhausted my uses of rage for the day. I think the times when I use rage would outnumber the times I don't. But I'm more than happy to change it if you like.

Frivolous
2012-10-30, 08:16 PM
That reminds me. Going with Dark Orange.

If it's too bright for the eyes of others (and it might be for my own eyes), I'd go with Dim Gray instead. Just let me know if that is the case.

Finkmilkana
2012-10-30, 08:32 PM
I actually wanted to take DimGray at first, but it seems to be to similar to black (at least on my monitor), so I believe the orange is better.

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 08:32 PM
Checking in.

My sheet is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462969) again.

As color I'll choose DarkGreen.

And I'm ok with Frivolous as my partner.

Edit: One thing that I just noticed: What should I use as Divine Focus for the time between now (after falling from grace) and converting fully to Asmodeus?
Since we don't have any items either way it does not seem that pressing, but at some point being able to actually cast would be appreciated.

A broken sunburst (Mitra's symbol) might be appropriate.

Sjurd: Eh, like I said it's not a huge deal. But I would be quite happy if you change it!

Waitin' on Angstrom... I'll fire off a notice. If he/she/whatever doesn't show, then we'll go to one of the caster alternates...

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 08:34 PM
Alright, fixed it.

Silas Varo Character Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=464294)

Frivolous
2012-10-30, 08:48 PM
Sjurd: It is still the same.

Griffith!
2012-10-30, 09:41 PM
Well, I've got to be gone. Work and that. So tomorrow then? I'll be back sometime in the morning.

Angstrom
2012-10-30, 10:19 PM
Sorry I was late. The combination of working late and posting from the west coast can have that unfortunate effect.

Bridget's Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427278)

I think she'll speak in Teal

Description:Her hair is a wavy cascade of auburn tresses that descend to her shoulders. Below her long bangs sit a pair of striking green eyes.

She wears a custom tailored black longcoat and high riding boots while meeting clients, but uses disguises when working.
Backstory:Some of Bridget's earliest memories are of performing as part of a large children's choir in Matharyn. A talented performer, she had aspirations of a career in showbusiness that were cut short when it was discovered that she had been drugging rivals in order to advance her career. Exiled from the professional stage, she repurposed her talents towards various crimes. A master at duping then drugging citizens to be sold as slaves in foreign markets, she also took part in ensemble crimes where she would aid as a distraction during a heist or would coerce marks into unknowingly giving away valuable information. Her skill set earned her a reputation in Matharyn's shrinking underworld and it wasn't long until the city guard began hunting her.

Normally quite careful, Bridget slipped up one day and when selling a charmed citizen by acquiescing to her slaver contact's request to meet at an unknown location. Walking into a trap set up by Matharyn's city guard she was quickly sentenced. However, before she could be sent to Branderscar she made an escape attempt and had almost made it out of Matharyn but was caught by Knights of Alerion and escorted by the to Branderscar where she now awaits execution.

@Morbis: Awesome character, I'd be happy to sub. Feel like subbing mine as well as Griffiths?

@Frivolous: I think my character might know yours. I assume Saint Beatrices is in Talingarde, and if its in Matharyn even better. Bridget is two years older, but perhaps she was a mutual friend through Feya, and graduated before Sirin's rampage. At the very least, Bridget would know Sirin's mother's reputation due to her involvement in the theatre scene.

Sjurd
2012-10-30, 10:22 PM
*smacks forehead*

I forgot to push save. Fixed.

Finkmilkana
2012-10-30, 10:29 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I usually also have not much chance to post between 1 and 8 pm (forum time) and thus was also kinda late to check in.

Metroid33
2012-10-30, 10:53 PM
You said Primes and Alternates so here's Kib. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462990) Don't know if I'll ever get to use him but oh well there he is none the less. good luck you guys.

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-30, 11:14 PM
Alright, groovy! We'll start in the morning.

Starbin
2012-10-30, 11:16 PM
Rekker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462828)
Details: Male NE Half-orc Barbarian (Urban), Level 4, Init +2, HP 44/44, Speed 30ft.
AC 17 (20 w/shield), Touch 12, Flat-footed 15 (18 w/shield); Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2; Base Attack Bonus +4
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Racial Abilities +2 Str, Acute darkvision (90ft), Chain fighter (WF: spiked chains, flails), +2 Intimidate, orc blood
Skills (20) KS: Local (3) +6, Perception (4) +8, Survival (3) +8, Intimidate (4) +14, Climb (1) +8, Swim (1) +8, KS: Nobility (2) +5, Linguistics (1) +4, Profession (Sailor) (1) +5
Feats (2) Intimidating Prowess, Power Attack
Class abilities Rage 12/day; Crowd Control (+1); Controlled Rage; Uncanny Dodge; RP - Intimidating Glare, Trap Sense +1, RP - Guarded Life
Traits Poverty-Stricken (+1 Survival, always a class skill); Crime - Attempted murder (+2 Intimidate)
Favored Class: Barbarian (+4 skill point)
Armor: +1 Lamellar, leather (+5 / +3 / -0)
+1 Large steel shield (+3 / - / -2)
Weapons: Lucern Hammer, MW (+9 / 1d12+6)
Morning Star, cold iron (+8 / 1d8+4)
+1 longsword (+9 / 1d8+5)
Equipment: Pack, Pouch, Waterskin, Tindertwigs (x5)
Magic items: Circulet of Disguise
Appearance
Rekker is a tall, hulking, beast of a half-orc, like most of his kind. If the dark grey skin, jutting brow, tufted ears, and yellow eyes didn't give him a monstrous mien, the single jutting tusk would complete the picture (the other was broken years ago). When he was free, he would carry a long spiked chain, having learned to use the awkward weapon in his younger years. He typically wore a chain shirt, giving him the freedom to move and still protect his vital regions. A hooded cloak kept him dry, and hid his face when necessary, while his pack carried most of his items.

Of course, all of his items were taken from him when he was arrested and imprisoned; now he simply wears a ragged tunic and pants, stained with the blood of their former owner.
Personality
Rekker can be quiet and soft-spoken at times, often appearing sullen to those who do not know him. However, it's actually because he prefers to listen instead of speak. Rekker has learned to say more with an imposing stare than a slew of harsh words. However, that is not to say he is reluctant to act when necessary, for he also prefers action to sitting around.

Growing up in the harsh environment he did, he learned quickly that the only power worth having was control - over yourself, over others, hell over the whole damn world around you!
Back story
Rekker remembered little of his time as a child. All he truly recalls is that it went by quickly and was very lonely. His parents were warriors of some type, but what they fought for is a mystery to him. Why they were in Farholde was anyone's guess. Perhaps they were on the run, perhaps they were there for a job, perhaps they were looking for a place to ditch their child. Regardless, they were killed in spectacular fashion by a local captain of the guard; which offered little in the way of solace for the child left behind.

He grew up in the crucible of an orphanage on the wrong side of town. It may as well have been a slave pit for all the care and rearing he received. The orphanage was rife with aspiring beggars, thieves, and more than a few cutthroats. As with anywhere, you had to establish your place in the pecking order. Rekker's size and strength ensured he found protection with one of the more powerful cliques. After a few years, it became apparent that he was strong and tough enough to take over; but while he wasn't a genius in such matters, he knew he possessed neither the head nor the tongue to keep the job for long. So he waited and worked as muscle for others. Unfortunately, the head boy, their ''boss,' became paranoid and was certain it was only a matter of time before Rekker made a play. So one night after a holiday celebration, they attacked him. He survived, losing one of his tusks, but was forced to flee the only home he'd ever known. His attackers lost the ability to walk without a limp or chew anything harder than creamed mash ... well, at least that was the lucky ones. But that was little comfort for a homeless youth.

For the next several months, Rekker survived by relying on his instincts and a few tricks he learned on the streets. Life is hard when your alone and penniless on the streets ... it's even harder when you're an unapproachable half-breed with a chip on his shoulder. Fortunately for Rekker, he was able to intimidate those who thought to take advantage of him, and brutally deal with those who ignored his imposing demeanor. One lesson that he took from his time living in alleys and gutters was there being strength in numbers ... but his life changed before he could take advantage of it.

Rekker was lurking outside a tavern when he saw him - the man who had killed his parents. He didn't remember him, didn't know him, but everyone knew Lord Bartho, former Captain of the Guard. Normally he wouldn't be here without his entourage, but the woman on his arm probably wasn't his wife. Rekker watched him from the shadows; the man was drunk and unaware of how close his death was. A few steps and Rekker was on him, wrapping his huge meat hooks around Bartho's throat. It seemed all so easy ... until the woman struck Rekker from behind.

The blow wasn't very powerful, nor did it hurt very much. Unfortunately, it did surprise him, however, and his lapse in attention was enough for the former head guard to reverse the hold and fling Rekker to the ground.

Growling, Rekker got up, intent on correcting his mistake, but that thrice-damned woman had started screaming, and guards were already on their way. Glancing to the alley, Rekker considered running, but when he looked back at Bartho, the man was standing there calmly, non-chalantly, with a smirk of superiority on his face.

With a roar, Rekker lost it. Throwing caution to the wind, he lost himself in anger, tapping into his racial prediliction for rage. He swung - once, twice, a third time, all missing. Bartho sidestepped easily, although each blow came progressively closer and closer. Then, when the half-orc had overextended himself, Bartho stepped in close and swept his leg out, taking the roaring beast down.

By then, the guards had arrived, rushing forward to restrain the berserker with manacles. However, they underestimated his rage, and with a tremendous shrug of his mighty arms, Rekker broke free and threw the three guards holding him off. More guards rushed in, but he met each with ferocious blows from his chains and frothing screams of hate. The fourth guard he smashed in the face, breaking his nose; the fifth he kicked in the chest, a loud crack echoing through the night; the sixth guard managed to strike him across the left side of his head, but was caught by the half-orc and strangled by the broken chains Rekker wielded like weapons.

The seventh guard saved the choking guard's life by smashing a large club into the back of Rekker's head, driving him to his knees. The remaining guards piled in with clubs, sticks, fists and boots, beating the half-orc down. Even as he dropped, his last conscious moments were shouting obscenities at the former Captain of the Guard while townsfolk peered in amazement and fear from behind cracked curtains and doors.

One of the guards with a large gash on his cheek stepped up to the Mayor, asking if he was okay. Bartho nodded, spitting on the now comatose Rekker. "Sir, I couldn't quite make out what he was shouting, but it sounded like he thinks you killed his parents."

Bartho thought for a moment, then shrugged. "In my youth I killed a lot of Orc scum. I was simply doing my job."

Now Rekker was on his way to prison, for a crime he failed to commit against a man who didn't even remember the reason for his vengeance. Ironic, in a way, enraging in another. But any way you looked at it, Rekker was pissed. These people had better do themselves a favor and kill him quickly. Otherwise, they would pay.

They would ALL pay.

Just to make it easy, I'll stick with "Speaking" "Whispering" Thinking

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 08:09 AM
@Morbis: Awesome character, I'd be happy to sub. Feel like subbing mine as well as Griffiths?


Sure I can definitly do two character subs, LD knows I am a good poster so it won't be that big of a hassle for me, unless for some silly reason the lab I work in suddenly gets busy and I get to actually work in it instead of data compiling lol

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 10:03 AM
Right, IC thread is UP!

Go ahead and post a short intro, if you will!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14146085#post14146085

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 12:10 PM
If anyone wants to point out possible questions for Sirin or things to do for her while she's off on this solo conversation, you're more than welcome to in this thread. Up to her as to whether or not she follows up on any of it, of course.

I just mention it because conversations have the potential to occupy a bit of time, and this gives people something to do while waiting. :smallbiggrin:

Or, if you want to chat with your cellmates, that's cool too. Or try something, or whatnot...

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 12:14 PM
I already took a possible action which may or may not make escape a little easier lol if it works then discussion can commence if not then oh well :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 12:19 PM
I already took a possible action which may or may not make escape a little easier lol if it works then discussion can commence if not then oh well :smallsmile:

I believe that it's a sleight of hand check to conceal spellcasting, yes? Let's see it rolled, please.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 12:27 PM
I believe that it's a sleight of hand check to conceal spellcasting, yes? Let's see it rolled, please.

Well technically I am not really casting a spell but I don't think that matter's for a spell like ability, well at least I am not sure. Do SLA require somatic/verbal components?

here is the check lol sleight of hand [roll0]
this could end badly especially with the bad rolls I have been having lately...


hmm 15 not too shabby for level 1 and no ranks lol

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 12:30 PM
Ah, that's right, the gnome trick is a SLA.

Still, sleight of hand would be required to do something this subtle, so there you go...

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 12:33 PM
Ah, that's right, the gnome trick is a SLA.

Still, sleight of hand would be required to do something this subtle, so there you go...

Lol I just want to know for clarity because i have no idea myself, as I mentioned I am cool with the sleight of hand

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 12:58 PM
Lol I just want to know for clarity because i have no idea myself, as I mentioned I am cool with the sleight of hand

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that SLA's don't require the usual spellcasting V,S bit. I'd still say that someone would have to do something to kick one off, so the sleight of hand makes sense. And it doubled as a roll to see if you could work the keys off before he left.

No worries! On we go!

Griffith!
2012-10-31, 01:43 PM
I really overslept. Missed a bit looks like. I'll just go get caught up.

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 02:28 PM
I really overslept. Missed a bit looks like. I'll just go get caught up.

No sweat. Things moved fairly fast to get through the solo conversation. Now it's up to you guys to discuss and plan and plot and socialize.

Now the pacing is in your hands...

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 02:33 PM
Oh, btw, quick request... If you take 10 or 20 on something, post the total number please. I don't always have a good way to check your character sheet, so doing this saves time.

Morbis Meh
2012-10-31, 02:33 PM
No sweat. Things moved fairly fast to get through the solo conversation. Now it's up to you guys to discuss and plan and plot and socialize.

Now the pacing is in your hands...

You mean.... 'The power is yours' hehehe

Griffith!
2012-10-31, 03:22 PM
Here's a doodle of Variel's expressions so far - the staring and the malicious grin. I didn't edit it at all - it's the same size I scanned it at. Consider that a warning I guess.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/565047_548708428479746_1757573233_n.jpg

Angstrom
2012-10-31, 06:06 PM
I had a question regarding the escape through the city. Is Branderscar just a prison or is it the city too? If it is, should I change the backstory so Bridget was slave-trading in Branderscar instead of Matharyn?

Frivolous
2012-10-31, 08:28 PM
I'll post in about 12 more hours. Sorry for delay but work calls.

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-31, 09:40 PM
I had a question regarding the escape through the city. Is Branderscar just a prison or is it the city too? If it is, should I change the backstory so Bridget was slave-trading in Branderscar instead of Matharyn?

The city around Brandescar is called Varyston. Brandescar takes the worst prisoners from all over the nation, so you don't need to change your origin.

Mind you, Brandescar's at the EDGE of Varyston. A bridge connects it to the city proper, and it's but a hop, skip, and a jump to the southern gate.

Which is good, because ain't nobody in Varyston gonna help you, risk helping you, or even do a damn thing for you.

Also, btw, there is a little bit of dim light in the cellblocks. Lanterns set into the hallway walls.... Well out of reach, mind.

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 10:39 AM
Lost Demiurge: Thanks, I was going to ask about how much light we have.

Sirin is a half-elf. Is there enough light that she can examine the veil and mess with the locks without a penalty?

Also, how often do the guards check on our cell and/or feed us or change the waste bucket?

Knowing as she does that it's dusk, can Sirin estimate how long before the next visit?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 11:13 AM
Lost Demiurge: Thanks, I was going to ask about how much light we have.

Sirin is a half-elf. Is there enough light that she can examine the veil and mess with the locks without a penalty?

Also, how often do the guards check on our cell and/or feed us or change the waste bucket?

Knowing as she does that it's dusk, can Sirin estimate how long before the next visit?
Yes, there is enough light for any and or all PC's to examine the veil.

Guards do a patrol past your cell every 20-30 minutes or so, looking in to make sure everything's okay.

They only come into the cell twice a day, usually 2-3 at a time when they do. Simultaneously dropping off flimsy wooden bowls of lousy food (no utensils), and collecting waste buckets. After finishing your dinner, you're supposed to scoot the empty bowls over to the bars. In the event that a bowl comes up missing, the feedings and bucket collection stops until it turns up again.

The bowls are pretty useless, to be honest. Made out of the equivalent of plywood.

If it is indeed dusk, then you've got your early meal today, which means you've got... Gah, time is hard to tell in here. Somewhere maybe between 1-2 hours before the "lateday feeding". You think.

Angstrom
2012-11-01, 11:43 AM
The city around Brandescar is called Varyston. Brandescar takes the worst prisoners from all over the nation, so you don't need to change your origin.

Mind you, Brandescar's at the EDGE of Varyston. A bridge connects it to the city proper, and it's but a hop, skip, and a jump to the southern gate.

The prison is on an island? Makes me wish I put ranks into swim.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 01:12 PM
The prison is on an island? Makes me wish I put ranks into swim.

Well, none of you really PLANNED to end up at Brandescar. Not exactly a good career goal, usually...

Morbis Meh
2012-11-01, 02:45 PM
Well, none of you really PLANNED to end up at Brandescar. Not exactly a good career goal, usually...

muahaha summoner monster I ftw, I will cast cast create dolphins to swim for me! The all power Yog-Sothoth has been generous and has allowed me to tame the creatures of Dagon and Cthulu's domain! Also... what would a fiendish dolphin look like

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 02:50 PM
muahaha summoner monster I ftw, I will cast cast create dolphins to swim for me! The all power Yog-Sothoth has been generous and has allowed me to tame the creatures of Dagon and Cthulu's domain! Also... what would a fiendish dolphin look like

Like it was forged for an evil porpoise. :smallcool:

Morbis Meh
2012-11-01, 02:51 PM
Like it was forged for an evil porpoise. :smallcool:

....Well played sir, well played for that I bequeath onto thee an internet or a cookie

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 03:09 PM
Argh, I can't believe I failed a DC 16 Perception check! Argh!!! :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge: Are we allowed to take 10 on a reactive Perception check like that?

I had the feeling it would have at least been poor form, but that's just my intuition. What is your own opinion?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 03:15 PM
Argh, I can't believe I failed a DC 16 Perception check! Argh!!! :smallsmile:

Lost Demiurge: Are we allowed to take 10 on a reactive Perception check like that?

I had the feeling it would have at least been poor form, but that's just my intuition. What is your own opinion?

You guessed correctly... No taking ten. Most perception checks are required rolls.

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 03:16 PM
What about checking for traps, then?

Was it wrong of me to take 10 in those checks?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 03:25 PM
What about checking for traps, then?

Was it wrong of me to take 10 in those checks?

Checking for traps is an exception. Mind you, taking 10 adds a significant amount of time, in that case. (Which I factored in. Figure that it's been about half an hour or so since you were brought back to the cell due to taking 10 on various tasks.)

Generally, when I ask you for perception checks without specifying a reason, I'll require a roll.

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 03:28 PM
Lost Demiurge: Wouldn't it be better if you did such rolls yourself?

I mean, to save time and all. If the rolls are reactive, then there really isn't any need for the character's player to roll them, is there?

Caveat: I am biased, however, by having played under a DM who did all the rolls himself. Everything, including attack and damage and saving throws.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-01, 03:33 PM
Lost Demiurge: Wouldn't it be better if you did such rolls yourself?

I mean, to save time and all. If the rolls are reactive, then there really isn't any need for the character's player to roll them, is there?

Caveat: I am biased, however, by having played under a DM who did all the rolls himself. Everything, including attack and damage and saving throws.

Every DM is different and doing that adds a lot of work for them, not to mention PC's do enjoy rolling for themselves....

@Friv: No worries Jodiah passed the perception and notified everyone...

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 03:34 PM
Lost Demiurge: Wouldn't it be better if you did such rolls yourself?

I mean, to save time and all. If the rolls are reactive, then there really isn't any need for the character's player to roll them, is there?

Caveat: I am biased, however, by having played under a DM who did all the rolls himself. Everything, including attack and damage and saving throws.

Not my style, really. For one, I don't always have access to your character sheets. For two, it saves me time and trouble if you track your own rolls, bonuses, and modifiers.

For three, this way your fate is in your own hands. You can see clearly what you're rolling, and your luck is all your own. Superstitious I know, but hey.

That said, if you're ever confused on whether or not you can take 10 on something, go ahead and ask. I don't mind clarifying when you can or can't.

Griffith!
2012-11-01, 07:32 PM
Okay kids. I'm scheduled for a double, so I'll have to pick this up tomorrow. Try not to start a war while I'm gone, huh?:cool:

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 08:51 PM
Angstrom: Bridget is a sorcerer, yes? If so, she has Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level.

She only needs a material component if it's expensive, costing greater than 1 gp.

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 09:20 PM
Also, as much as I (the player) would love for you to have all your holy symbols and so on, Sirin (the character) is Evil. Which usually means the opposite of generous and considerate.

We're all Evil. That's why Sirin was careful to mention that their patron would punish them for not all escaping to meet with him. So they would have an incentive not to just murder her once she released them from their chains.

She isn't going to be all too eager to give the veil to everyone so they can pick their items off it. They might need it to help the group escape, but they also might use it against her.

Also, the patches are subtle and actually hard to notice (probably so the guards wouldn't confiscate it immediately from Tiadora). Lost Demiurge allowed everyone to see what patches were on the veil, but so far only Sirin has examined them closely. And her priority was to get everyone's manacles off.

Now, when Sirin asked earlier, "What magic can you all do?" and someone had answered, "Oh, I can do this and that, but only if I have my unholy symbol, which looks like this," she might have remembered the veil had a patch like that and plucked it off for that character.

But the window for that opportunity has closed for now. We're under time pressure.

In any event: Finkmilkana: You do need your unholy symbol to cast Brand, Light and Divine Favor, yes.

But you don't need it to cast Detect Magic or Guidance. And you can't cast Shield of Faith at all without the parchment with the unholy text on it. Which I don't believe anyone has access to right now.

Angstrom
2012-11-01, 09:26 PM
Angstrom: Bridget is a sorcerer, yes? If so, she has Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level.

She only needs a material component if it's expensive, costing greater than 1 gp.

Not with her archetype. Seekers lose it for a couple rogue abilities, which now seem useless with a dedicated rogue in the party.

Also, her villainous BSOD is more believable if she is completely without a way to cast.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-01, 09:44 PM
Also, as much as I (the player) would love for you to have all your holy symbols and so on, Sirin (the character) is Evil. Which usually means the opposite of generous and considerate.

We're all Evil. That's why Sirin was careful to mention that their patron would punish them for not all escaping to meet with him. So they would have an incentive not to just murder her once she released them from their chains.

She isn't going to be all too eager to give the veil to everyone so they can pick their items off it. They might need it to help the group escape, but they also might use it against her.

Also, the patches are subtle and actually hard to notice (probably so the guards wouldn't confiscate it immediately from Tiadora). Lost Demiurge allowed everyone to see what patches were on the veil, but so far only Sirin has examined them closely. And her priority was to get everyone's manacles off.

Now, when Sirin asked earlier, "What magic can you all do?" and someone had answered, "Oh, I can do this and that, but only if I have my unholy symbol, which looks like this," she might have remembered the veil had a patch like that and plucked it off for that character.

But the window for that opportunity has closed for now. We're under time pressure.

In any event: Finkmilkana: You do need your unholy symbol to cast Brand, Light and Divine Favor, yes.

But you don't need it to cast Detect Magic or Guidance. And you can't cast Shield of Faith at all without the parchment with the unholy text on it. Which I don't believe anyone has access to right now.

....Well since you made no obvious mention of hiding the scarf my character went ahead and took a patch since she is not blind. As for I am evil so I am not going to give you an item the GM gave for the whole party because he randomly picked me is a very lame reason :smallamused: those actions may lead to PvP because they are stupid, yes we are evil but you NEED all of us to survive, the face we're getting sprung out of jail by someone powerful should be an indication not to violate their rules. If for some reason your character just hid the item and was the only one to escape she probably would be promptly killed (i played through a later part of this campaign and i know a little bit about the people we're getting involved with lol) So just remember evil is no excuse to act stupid and petty towards your party with actual IC consequences. We are all here to have fun so lets just work together!

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 09:55 PM
Shrug. All right. I don't wish to be a killjoy, though that is how I anticipated others would play the game in my position.

If others feel that they need to have access to Tiadora's veil to have fun in this game, please feel free to pluck whatever item they need from it.

And sorry for posting as I did earlier. I'm a purist.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-01, 10:00 PM
No, mechanicaly I don't need the Symbol and actually my character doesn't even knows yet he could use the broken sun as such. He just wants to break it to show HIM forsaking Mitra in return.
If you have hidden it that is no problem, I just assumed you haven't after every one else started to take things.

Angstrom
2012-11-01, 10:14 PM
Well, Bridget asked to be given the spell pouch, but its seems we've skipped the IC for that so I'll assume she has it.

Stealth: [roll0]

Frivolous
2012-11-01, 10:14 PM
Thanks, Finkmilkana.

And so far only Jodi and Sirin have taken items from the veil.


Not with her archetype. Seekers lose it for a couple rogue abilities, which now seem useless with a dedicated rogue in the party.

Also, her villainous BSOD is more believable if she is completely without a way to cast.

Oh, how bad.

But Bridget's not completely helpless. Charm Person does not need a material component.

I really have no idea what the sparkly dust patch does, though.

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, please feel free to take from the veil whatever item you feel your character needs.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-01, 10:25 PM
Thanks for coming to agreement. This'll make things go smoother!

Anyhoo, the pouch with sparkles DOES turn out to be a spell component pouch. Stocked with enough for all casters here to share, though it will need refilling after a day or two of use.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-01, 10:40 PM
Shrug. All right. I don't wish to be a killjoy, though that is how I anticipated others would play the game in my position.

If others feel that they need to have access to Tiadora's veil to have fun in this game, please feel free to pluck whatever item they need from it.

And sorry for posting as I did earlier. I'm a purist.

I wasn't berating you, just giving you a little friendly advice to make everything go smoothly OoC and IC. I know from personal experience that some people do not like it when party members deliberately hide plot relevant items and do actions that hurt the party. It usually results in hurt feelings and I do not want that in the game. Personally I am very excited because LD has been the best GM I have had on these boards and I don't want the game to end or the players to fight! I just want to make delicious mayhem with all of you! Nana Jodi is the type to slaughter someone mercilessly someone while baking muffins for the party :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2012-11-02, 10:25 AM
Talking about weapons reminded me of another thing:
What is the Favoured Weapon of Mitra? And should I treat Marthras still as proficient in it? It would seem strange to loose your skill with a weapon you used all your life just because you don't like the god anymore.

Also I'll most likely be unable to post for the rest of the day, should a roll be required feel free to "puppeteer" me. Otherwise I'll mostly just go along with the escape.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-02, 11:05 AM
Talking about weapons reminded me of another thing:
What is the Favoured Weapon of Mitra? And should I treat Marthras still as proficient in it? It would seem strange to loose your skill with a weapon you used all your life just because you don't like the god anymore.

Also I'll most likely be unable to post for the rest of the day, should a roll be required feel free to "puppeteer" me. Otherwise I'll mostly just go along with the escape.

Favored weapon, I believe, is the morningstar. Goes with that whole "Sunburst" theme.

Griffith!
2012-11-02, 02:02 PM
Whattaya think, should I try to garrote the guy with manacle chains?

Or have we come to a consensus on the escape plan?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-02, 02:14 PM
Feel free to discuss options OOC if you want. I'll pause action for a bit if you guys feel like you need to talk something out.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-02, 02:22 PM
Whattaya think, should I try to garrote the guy with manacle chains?

Or have we come to a consensus on the escape plan?

Well there hasn't been much consensus per se 1/3 of us want to go stealthy, 1 person wants to do an interrogation (most of the party is against this action due to time restraints and the possibility of being discovered), everyone wants to jump guards to steal their stuff and we want to leave hostages as a last resort. The problem with your garrote tactic is that it leaves a lot of openings to being discovered: First you need to do a stealth roll in order to walk over to him unnoticed, second of all if he isn't immediately next to the cell then you will have to exit the cell unnoticed (probably the biggest challenge), finally you have to succeed on an attack roll/Grapple against the guy. I say we let him pass by then sneak off, heck we could even stay just out of his range and use him as an unsuspecting guide out of here.

Griffith!
2012-11-02, 02:33 PM
Assuming, of course, that he doesn't lead us to a guard station or a barracks room. Not exactly places we want to be.

Now, I'm not exactly proposing we seriously consider trying to kill him - seems silly to me. But yeah, I agree, we should just let him pass.

Hey, how many guards deliver the food? If there's five of them, we could get them into the cell, ambush them, and steal their uniforms. I dunno, maybe I seduce them? :smallredface:

We'll just leave that pending further discussion. But for now, no killy, right? Gotcha.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-02, 02:38 PM
Usually only about 2-3 enter the cell at feeding times.




Guards do a patrol past your cell every 20-30 minutes or so, looking in to make sure everything's okay.

They only come into the cell twice a day, usually 2-3 at a time when they do. Simultaneously dropping off flimsy wooden bowls of lousy food (no utensils), and collecting waste buckets. After finishing your dinner, you're supposed to scoot the empty bowls over to the bars. In the event that a bowl comes up missing, the feedings and bucket collection stops until it turns up again.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-02, 02:42 PM
I seduce them? :smallredface:


Once you've had gnome you'll never go home :smallbiggrin:

Griffith!
2012-11-02, 02:44 PM
Right, right. Forgot. Well, maybe two or three of our less stealthy compatriots then. Without a masterful disguise check, Variel won't pass for anything but tiefling - it's the tail, isn't it? Everyone always stares at the tail - and I'm certain they'd remember one of those walking around. But maybe the girls and the inquisitor? We can pull a Han Solo, and the green-skin, the stunty and myself can play Chewbacca.




Once you've had gnome you'll never go home :smallbiggrin:

Cute, but I'm not a gnome. What would it be then... Once you've had Tiefling everything else seems trifling?

Nah, that's crap.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-02, 02:55 PM
Right, right. Forgot. Well, maybe two or three of our less stealthy compatriots then. Without a masterful disguise check, Variel won't pass for anything but tiefling - it's the tail, isn't it? Everyone always stares at the tail - and I'm certain they'd remember one of those walking around. But maybe the girls and the inquisitor? We can pull a Han Solo, and the green-skin, the stunty and myself can play Chewbacca.

Problem is you would need a damn good excuse why you're bringing out death row prisoners out of their cell before their execution and not to mention one of your best talker's (aka the stunty one) is one of the 'prisoners'. Also I have a feeling that this isn't an equal opportunities prison so I am unsure how many guards would be female so.... still have an itty bitty problem with that one. I think we should just attempt the sneak and jump any guards we come across but that is my opinion (which is biased because my character is moderately sneaky)


I was refering to my character lol scary thing is she probably could seduce people :smalleek: and I don't want to picture that.

Griffith!
2012-11-02, 03:13 PM
Fair point, I suppose. I'm only really good for intimidate, and I can't think of a compelling lie in any case.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-04, 12:33 PM
I just hope that we'll at some point meet some guards who have the decency to use Mitras favoured weapon (or something else one- or two-handed simple). Until then I'll be gloriously useless in fights.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-04, 02:09 PM
I just hope that we'll at some point meet some guards who have the decency to use Mitras favoured weapon (or something else one- or two-handed simple). Until then I'll be gloriously useless in fights.

There's nothing stopping you from picking up a truncheon, compadre. A club's a club, regardless, and at low levels everyone swinging a weapon is one more chance to put the enemy down before bad things happen.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-04, 05:00 PM
.....

Well, I see that Nana Jodi is bucking for "most likely to get shot in the leg and left behind as a distraction." Good lord, that's a hateful little gnome...

Morbis Meh
2012-11-04, 08:15 PM
.....

Well, I see that Nana Jodi is bucking for "most likely to get shot in the leg and left behind as a distraction." Good lord, that's a hateful little gnome...

I do not see why you think the party would do that, Jodi has already shown that she is useful and she has been polite to everyone except Brigit. The two just don't like each other that's all, whether or not they can reconcile their differences and grow to at least respect one another who knows? Though to be fair all Brigit has done so far is talk so until she bust a move Jodi will keep yapping. Anyway she would be a poor choice to shoot in the leg since she could heal herself or even prevent it from happening :smalltongue:.

@Angstrom: Please let me know if I am going to over the top, I can tone it down if it is bothering you!

Frivolous
2012-11-04, 08:22 PM
Query: Is Bridget casting a Sleep spell through the door grill too weak a plan? The DC to save would be 17.

Also, since I am posting the above question: I hope no one minds that I post so much as Sirin.

It makes me uncomfortable to post so much, but I hope the need will diminish soon, once the party exits the prison and the need for her particular skill set reduces.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-04, 08:26 PM
Query: Is Bridget casting a Sleep spell through the door grill too weak a plan? The DC to save would be 17.

Also, since I am posting the above question: I hope no one minds that I post so much as Sirin.

It makes me uncomfortable to post so much, but I hope the need will diminish soon, once the party exits the prison and the need for her particular skill set reduces.

It's the weekend, hence why my posting is low, so do not worry. Normally I post frequently throughout the day on a weekday.

Starbin
2012-11-04, 08:42 PM
Just a note from the peanut gallery ... But couldn't Jodi Mage hand the horn up out of reach if the lock-picking was detected?

Finkmilkana
2012-11-04, 09:50 PM
Oh, missed the truncheons, somehow I rust read Longsword, Longbow, Arrows....
If that can be used as a normal club there is no problem for Marthras at all.

Angstrom
2012-11-04, 10:49 PM
@Angstrom: Please let me know if I am going to over the top, I can tone it down if it is bothering you!

I was going to ask the same thing. Glad to know we're on the same page.

I feel like the two characters are just opposites who failed to hit it off. Bridget is cruel and information is the currency of her lifestyle. Knowledge is power in the slave trading game. Bridget expected all the other inmates to be lunatics, and Nana Jodi managed to meet the expectation by coming from a different school of thought. Bridget is also fond of being underestimated so she's unlikely to cast just to prove someone wrong.

On a related note, Bridget has taken Sirin's lockpicking as indication that she's relatively stable, and as such suspects she's already thick as thieves with our patron. Frivolous, feel free to exploit that.

Starbuck_II
2012-11-04, 11:21 PM
You said alternates post your sheets, so just in case:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462857
Reomava

Puppeteer: Angstrom I guess.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-04, 11:40 PM
I do not see why you think the party would do that, Jodi has already shown that she is useful and she has been polite to everyone except Brigit. The two just don't like each other that's all, whether or not they can reconcile their differences and grow to at least respect one another who knows? Though to be fair all Brigit has done so far is talk so until she bust a move Jodi will keep yapping. Anyway she would be a poor choice to shoot in the leg since she could heal herself or even prevent it from happening :smalltongue:.

@Angstrom: Please let me know if I am going to over the top, I can tone it down if it is bothering you!

Heh! It's all good. If you're going for rivalry, I've no objections!

So. Sounds like you guys have a rough plan... Anyone got any more stuff to add?

Angstrom
2012-11-04, 11:47 PM
"We draw them out so our new ogre friend here can silence them outside of the guard room done and done."
Just thought I'd add that it turns out I misinterpreted Jodiah's proposed plan. Its pretty clear from my IC what I thought Jodiah was saying. As it turns out, Bridget suggested the exact same ambush a few posts back just with Silas and Sirin hiding behind the door instead of Grumblejack. I suppose I figured that if the two characters were arguing it had to actually be about something; guess I was wrong.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-05, 12:10 AM
Just thought I'd add that it turns out I misinterpreted Jodiah's proposed plan. Its pretty clear from my IC what I thought Jodiah was saying. As it turns out, Bridget suggested the exact same ambush a few posts back just with Silas and Sirin hiding behind the door instead of Grumblejack. I suppose I figured that if the two characters were arguing it had to actually be about something; guess I was wrong.

...the true irony is that all arguments are almost like this lol misinterpretation for the win!

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-05, 10:29 AM
Okay, looks like the plan is get the guards out into the cell block then gank'em.

Everybody choose where you're hiding...

Bear in mind that it's a bare 10-foot-wide corridor 30 feet long up to the guard room door. There's room for one person to hide BEHIND where the door opens to, but if someone opens it too far it'll run into you and they might notice that.

Or you could hide at the junction of that corridor and the main corridor past the cells.

Or you could hide in your cell.

Oh, and where do you want Grumblejack to be?

Morbis Meh
2012-11-05, 10:36 AM
Since Jodi is small could she just hide under the window...?

Finkmilkana
2012-11-05, 10:54 AM
I would say everyone besides maybe one or two in the cell and grumblejack in his, ready to charge out when given the sign.

Frivolous
2012-11-05, 11:04 AM
Hang on, I am about to compose a post for Sirin's proposed plan.

Sorry for delay. Had work, and then had to eat.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-05, 11:24 AM
Since Jodi is small could she just hide under the window...?

You mean hang onto the window when they open the door? You'd end up behind the door.

Also kind of awkward, they might notice your fingers. You COULD try it. Maybe they'll roll low...

Morbis Meh
2012-11-05, 11:44 AM
You mean hang onto the window when they open the door? You'd end up behind the door.

Also kind of awkward, they might notice your fingers. You COULD try it. Maybe they'll roll low...

My bad, i misinterpreted the description I thought there was a window to the room that wasn't on the door.

Frivolous
2012-11-05, 01:22 PM
On a related note, Bridget has taken Sirin's lockpicking as indication that she's relatively stable, and as such suspects she's already thick as thieves with our patron. Frivolous, feel free to exploit that.

I have no idea how anyone can see lockpicking as a sign of emotional stability, but whatever. :smallsmile:

Angstrom: I remember your posting earlier that Sirin might recognize Bridget due to Sirin's mother being a famous actress and thus Sirin's being exposed to life in the theater. Especially since Bridget's charisma is so high.

Assuming our DM allows, I agree it's a good connection, but I plan on delaying that recognition until we're out of this prison. In situations like this, I prefer to think and converse in tactical terms.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-05, 01:24 PM
I have no idea how anyone can see lockpicking as a sign of emotional stability, but whatever. :smallsmile:

Angstrom: I remember your posting earlier that Sirin might recognize Bridget due to Sirin's mother being a famous actress and thus Sirin's being exposed to life in the theater. Especially since Bridget's charisma is so high.

Assuming our DM allows, I agree it's a good connection, but I plan on delaying that recognition until we're out of this prison. In situations like this, I prefer to think and converse in tactical terms.

Sure, that's cool.

Angstrom
2012-11-05, 06:45 PM
I have no idea how anyone can see lockpicking as a sign of emotional stability, but whatever. :smallsmile:

Angstrom: I remember your posting earlier that Sirin might recognize Bridget due to Sirin's mother being a famous actress and thus Sirin's being exposed to life in the theater. Especially since Bridget's charisma is so high.

Assuming our DM allows, I agree it's a good connection, but I plan on delaying that recognition until we're out of this prison. In situations like this, I prefer to think and converse in tactical terms.

If Sirin mentions her last name, which I don't think she has yet, Bridget will make the connection to her mother. I hadn't planned on Sirin knowing who Bridget is or vice versa. If you want Sirin to remember Bridget from her short time as an actress in Matharyn, that's fine. She'll look more presentable once she's out of the prison rags which could be enough to spark Sirin's memory.

Griffith!
2012-11-07, 01:13 PM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had six hours overtime and then I had to babysit my sister's kids, and then I crashed because nobody should be expected to stay awake longer than thirty hours.

I'm back now.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-07, 01:22 PM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had six hours overtime and then I had to babysit my sister's kids, and then I crashed because nobody should be expected to stay awake longer than thirty hours.

I'm back now.

No worries man, glad to hear you're still alive and you are such a good brother! Though I doubt my sisters will ask me to watch their children for I would subvert them horribly muahahaha.

@Angstrom: I assume you want to interrogate via charm correct? Jodiah will kill one of the guards because we only have one length of rope and it would be a bit of a hassle/dangerous to drag the guy back to the cell. That way we get the info we need, unless our esteemed GM rolls well, while minimizing the risk (also we should probably kill him as soon as we get the info we need)

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-07, 02:14 PM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had six hours overtime and then I had to babysit my sister's kids, and then I crashed because nobody should be expected to stay awake longer than thirty hours.

I'm back now.

Hey, it's cool! Welcome back, glad there were no crises.

Angstrom
2012-11-07, 06:07 PM
@Angstrom: I assume you want to interrogate via charm correct? Jodiah will kill one of the guards because we only have one length of rope and it would be a bit of a hassle/dangerous to drag the guy back to the cell. That way we get the info we need, unless our esteemed GM rolls well, while minimizing the risk (also we should probably kill him as soon as we get the info we need)

Bridget is quite conservative when it comes to casting; she's not about to reveal all her tricks at once. I don't think we have much need to bind them since we have an ogre. Binding them would only help to make promising to let them live more convincing, but I feel like having an ogre crushing their ribs is a better incentive. Also, two is better than one. Let's me make an example out of uncooperative captives.

I'll throw up an IC when I get home.

Griffith!
2012-11-07, 11:37 PM
I rolled the wrong die and screwed it up when I went to fix it. It was a d6, result one. I meant to roll a d8. :smallmad:

Frivolous
2012-11-10, 09:41 AM
Regarding equipment:

From what I've read, the following PCs now have the following equipment:

Bridget: Nothing yet.

Jodi, in post#135: Heavy shield.

Marthras, in posts #123 and #130: Chain shirt, long bow, quiver with arrows, keyring.

Silas, in posts #124 and #132: Chain shirt, long sword, heavy shield.

Sirin: Tiadora's veil, dagger, empty potion vial, masterwork thieves' tools.

Variel, in post #134: Long sword, long bow, quiver with arrows.

If I've made any mistakes collating the above list, please let me know so I can fix it.

If the list is accurate, that leaves the 2 truncheons and the 6 manacles still unclaimed.

If no one objects, we should give Grumblejack one of the truncheons (especially since he has the Reach trait) and Bridget should take the other.

Even if Bridget and Nana Jodi never attack in melee, it's still good for each of them have a weapon, if only so that they can threaten and thus flank.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-10, 11:13 PM
I also took a truncheon (and thats my most important equipment right now since I sadly can't use longswords).

Finkmilkana
2012-11-11, 12:55 AM
From what you can see without leaving the landing, they end up in a small antechamber with two doors off of it.

Where did that second door go to?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-11, 12:10 PM
Where did that second door go to?

Ah, right. Sorry, misread the map. Going to go edit the post now.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-12, 07:16 PM
Sorry for not posting today, we had a long weekend here up in the frigid north and boy was it ever a busy one!

Morbis Meh
2012-11-13, 11:34 AM
For GM's eyes only

Here is the roll that didn't work [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-11-13, 12:04 PM
Perception check [roll0]

Angstrom
2012-11-14, 01:01 AM
Sorry I was gone for a while. I went hiking with some friends then was scrambling to get a presentation ready.

We got lucky on the last one, but now that we're downstairs the chance of encountering prison staff is higher, so it wouldn't hurt to leave an ambush waiting for the voices behind the northern door. Bridget suggested Nana Jodi and Grumblejack, but Sirin is probably the best candidate since she can start out in a flanking position.

Frivolous
2012-11-14, 10:48 AM
Welcome back, Angstrom. I was wondering where you had gone. :smallsmile:

Perception: [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-11-14, 12:08 PM
Might as well try my luck again at perception [roll0] nope Nana Jodiah is too immersed in the 'museum' atmosphere :smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2012-11-14, 08:19 PM
Perception [roll0]

Sjurd
2012-11-18, 10:25 AM
Sorry. I will make sure to ask small questions here. :smallwink:

Frivolous
2012-11-18, 10:49 AM
Sorry. I will make sure to ask small questions here. :smallwink:

You should ask most questions here in the OOC thread, not just small questions.

I sometimes add an OOC question when I post IC, but only as an attachment to the IC post.

Frivolous
2012-11-18, 11:25 AM
Sorry for double post, but:


The door swings open, revealing a roomy kitchen. The scent of good food wafts over the group.

Of more immediate concern are the elderly man wearing servant's clothing in the middle of the room. He's currently talking with a guard who's holding a plate of food... The same kind Sirin treated not long ago. Next to them, slumped with her head down on a table, is a plump elderly woman in servant's clothes.

Beyond them, in a doorway opposite yours, a third guard leans against the doorjam, looking tired as hell. That doesn't last for long, as all three of the conscious people in the room snap their heads over to look at you.

"Oh hell." Says the guard in the doorway.

SURPRISE ROUND ACTIONS
(Bridget's gonna drop a sleep spell. Everyone else, choose a STANDARD action to take. If any hostiles are left standing at the end of this, we'll go to standard rounds.)

In the 3rd paragraph, Lost Demiurge mentions a third guard.

Can I ask for confirmation that this is an error and there are only two guards, one elderly male, and one elderly female?

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-18, 12:34 PM
Sorry for double post, but:



In the 3rd paragraph, Lost Demiurge mentions a third guard.

Can I ask for confirmation that this is an error and there are only two guards, one elderly male, and one elderly female?

Yep, that's an error. Doorway guy is the second guard. Only two guards, one old man, and one old woman. (Who's currently sleeping.)

Morbis Meh
2012-11-18, 02:17 PM
Sorry bout being inactive, my internet has been down the past few days and I have been too busy at work to post....

Frivolous
2012-11-18, 08:21 PM
Welcome back, Morbis Meh. Glad your Internet has been fixed.

I wonder if Griffith! is all right. No posts the OOC and IC threads in a while now.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-19, 12:13 AM
Well I spose I just have to play puppet master

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-19, 10:45 AM
Well I spose I just have to play puppet master

Go for it, let's get this done.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-20, 05:03 PM
Well isn't that an underwhelming roll at an inconvient time... sigh no sense motive roll for me, even with 20 Jodiah wouldn't make it... so you people hurry up or Nana Jodi will start stabbing the other passed out people because she is one impatient gnome!

Frivolous
2012-11-20, 08:19 PM
I'm not too worried. There are 4 other PCs in the group who can succeed at it. In any case, our prison break is going astonishingly well so far.

It's about time something went wrong for us. :smallbiggrin:

It does make me wish that Sirin had a rank in Sense Motive, but I ran out of skill points. Oh well.

Will Morbis Meh be rolling Sense Motive for Variel, or will our DM?

Finkmilkana
2012-11-20, 08:58 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Edit: Hmm, almost.

Frivolous
2012-11-20, 09:03 PM
Lost Demiurge: Would you allow us to follow Kelvan into the storeroom, so that we could use Perception to check what he is doing?

I truly don't know why any of us would trust him out of our sight at this point. He work for our jailers.

I believe that our general lack of ranks in Sense Motive should make us more distrustful, not less.

Note: I haven't looked under the spoiler box, but I have a few guesses what is under there. :smallsmile:


Sense Motive: [roll0]

Edit: Hmm, almost.

What do you mean, almost? You succeeded. The DC is only 20.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-20, 09:43 PM
Thats what he wants you to believe....
Once you managed it, it only says he tries to stall and that you would have needed 25 for more informations.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-21, 09:20 AM
Thats what he wants you to believe....
Once you managed it, it only says he tries to stall and that you would have needed 25 for more informations.

hmmm... well good thing Jodiah is impatient that rash action of hers just might help plus maps drawn in blood are always the best!

Well i shall roll for Valren but we're not going to get a 25 with his rolls...

sense motive [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-11-21, 09:45 AM
Yay for creeping out some poor old shmuck that cooks! Alright a DC that Jodiah can actually pass!

Nana Jodi [roll0]
Anti paladin [roll1]

Well isn't that convenient....

Frivolous
2012-11-21, 11:01 AM
Lost Demiurge: Since Sirin is now searching the bodies, am I right in guessing all the guards are wearing chain shirts?

I'm reluctant for Sirin to put one on. I suspect the party benefits more from her various rogue skills right now than they do from her (mediocre) talent at combat.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-21, 11:04 AM
Lost Demiurge: Since Sirin is now searching the bodies, am I right in guessing all the guards are wearing chain shirts?

I'm reluctant for Sirin to put one on. I suspect the party benefits more from her various rogue skills right now than they do from her (mediocre) talent at combat.

Yep, the guards are all armed and armored identically. Chain shirts, uniforms, truncheons, longswords, longbows, and arrows.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-21, 11:05 AM
Lost Demiurge: Since Sirin is now searching the bodies, am I right in guessing all the guards are wearing chain shirts?

I'm reluctant for Sirin to put one on. I suspect the party benefits more from her various rogue skills right now than they do from her (mediocre) talent at combat.

The time for sneaking may be close to an end... it may be beneficial to protect yourself that's all! You won't be overly hampered by the armor heck my gnome is carrying a shield to hide behind

Frivolous
2012-11-21, 07:09 PM
The time for sneaking may be close to an end... it may be beneficial to protect yourself that's all! You won't be overly hampered by the armor heck my gnome is carrying a shield to hide behind

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

But I'll wait for Lost Demiurge to post again (especially what Sirin learns from her various Perception checks) before I have Sirin don the armor and get the truncheon.

After all, the guards might already be in the next room.

I wonder if any of the dead or sleeping guards have coin on them. So far nothing, right?

Morbis Meh
2012-11-22, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

But I'll wait for Lost Demiurge to post again (especially what Sirin learns from her various Perception checks) before I have Sirin don the armor and get the truncheon.

After all, the guards might already be in the next room.

I wonder if any of the dead or sleeping guards have coin on them. So far nothing, right?

I think to be safe we should convert sleeping guards into dead guards... as for coin meh it's more important to get out of here than steal some piddly coin.

Frivolous
2012-11-24, 12:20 AM
I think to be safe we should convert sleeping guards into dead guards... as for coin meh it's more important to get out of here than steal some piddly coin.

I want coin for bribes and to pay for critical services, actually.

Theoretically we could just kill or threaten people to get what we want, but sometimes it's not feasible.

Edit: Though I must admit Marthras and Silas are incredibly good at Intimidate.

Sjurd
2012-11-24, 01:48 PM
Yikes! I thought everyone would have taken a break over the holiday. I'll catch up.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-24, 03:54 PM
Yikes! I thought everyone would have taken a break over the holiday. I'll catch up.

You need to remember not all of us are american sir lol I am canadian and we had our thanksgiving a month ago.

Sjurd
2012-11-25, 12:55 AM
You need to remember not all of us are american sir lol I am canadian and we had our thanksgiving a month ago.

Silly me! Everything was crazy for a while. We had some in-laws over to the house for a few days, so the holiday madness entailed cleaning and organizing for a good week. Luckily, they were the pleasantly tolerable in-laws who know that family gatherings are not the right time or place for airing grievances. :smalltongue:

Morbis Meh
2012-11-25, 01:53 AM
Silly me! Everything was crazy for a while. We had some in-laws over to the house for a few days, so the holiday madness entailed cleaning and organizing for a good week. Luckily, they were the pleasantly tolerable in-laws who know that family gatherings are not the right time or place for airing grievances. :smalltongue:

Indeed I feel your pain, for once my fiancee and I were able to stay in one place instead of going to three different locations... (btw my fiancee thinks your avatar is awesome)

Sjurd
2012-11-25, 10:24 AM
Indeed I feel your pain, for once my fiancee and I were able to stay in one place instead of going to three different locations... (btw my fiancee thinks your avatar is awesome)

I wish I could say I created it. I found it on DeviantArt while searching for an avatar picture. The picture is here (http://thormag.deviantart.com/art/Order-of-the-Meme-159349856). The artist has an enormous amount of fan-made OOTS artwork, which makes me think he may be active on these boards.

Frivolous
2012-11-25, 06:27 PM
Dunno why Sense Motive rolls aren't working for me lately.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Sjurd
2012-11-27, 08:37 PM
How far away are the guards in the hallway?

I need to get a thrown weapon. I'm wasting my surprise rounds with my inability to do anything besides move up to them.

Frivolous
2012-11-27, 08:52 PM
There were several knives in the kitchen.


The sleeping guards have the same gear that the other guards did. There's no coin in their pockets whatsoever...

The mess hall's fairly devoid of useful things. The kitchen, on the other hand, has a large green cloak hanging from a peg, several knives (count as daggers), a meat cleaver (More or less a handaxe), and all manner of cooking supplies and food. The storeroom contains quite a lot of mundane supplies. Lanterns, lamp oil, torches, guard uniforms, signal horns, rope, and two crates labelled "emergency rations". It's also got a rack of branding irons, each ending in a distinct runic "F" symbol. The mark of Brandescar...


Sirin picked up two, in addition to the dagger she already had from Tiadora's veil.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-27, 09:14 PM
Thanks to the forum roller it now doesn't matter for me either way, but if they are in 30 ft you could partial charge them.

Frivolous
2012-11-28, 09:36 PM
Thanks to the forum roller it now doesn't matter for me either way, but if they are in 30 ft you could partial charge them.

I don't think it works. Partial charge seems to be a full round action, not a standard action.

In other news: Should someone be nudging Sjurd to post what Silas does?

Starbin
2012-11-28, 10:17 PM
<Disengage lurk>. Actually, per the actions chart a charge "May be taken as a standard action if you are limited to taking only a single action in a round."

Furthermore, under the charge rules, "If you are able to take only a standard action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed) and you cannot draw a weapon unless you possess the Quick Draw feat. You can't use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action on your turn."

Good for surprise rounds, staggered conditions, and other ailments that limit your actions.<engage lurk>

Sjurd
2012-11-28, 10:23 PM
Sorry for the wait. Work has been busy and I wanted to clear up tactical distance. Posting now.

Finkmilkana
2012-11-29, 01:41 AM
Yeah, were a partial charge a full round action there would be no point in it since then you could also just charge (without the "partial").

And it indeed looks like griffith vanished already for quite some time.

Morbis Meh
2012-11-29, 09:39 AM
Well then i suppose once we get out of prison, LD should bring in one of the alternates to replace Variel... Good to know about partial charges, I shall implement those into my 3.5 game to give a tiny boost to melee!

Frivolous
2012-11-29, 11:47 AM
Sorry to read you've been having trouble logging on here, Sjurd. But I'm glad you're back.

I must admit GitP takes longer for my desktop computer to log onto than almost any other site.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-29, 12:34 PM
Yep, Griffith's gone. Well, time for Variel to die! On with the show...

Sjurd
2012-11-29, 03:29 PM
1. We could have a new player play as Grumblejack!

2. @LD - Do you require that barbarians shout and yell and such during a rage? I've been holding back since we are trying to avoid making too much noise.

Lost Demiurge
2012-11-29, 04:11 PM
1. We could have a new player play as Grumblejack!

2. @LD - Do you require that barbarians shout and yell and such during a rage? I've been holding back since we are trying to avoid making too much noise.

There's no requirement that barbarians be loud. Honestly, a quiet, seething dude is often a lot scarier in some situations...

Frivolous
2012-12-01, 10:16 AM
I expect Bridget is pretty confident about her ability to deal with any single person, using her sorcerer's power to beguile.

And I guess it really is tempting to kill Blackerly before we finish escaping. That's one reason why Sirin went along with Bridget's suggestion. :smallsmile:


Lost Demiurge: May I ask if the dagger Sirin got from Tiadora's veil is masterwork?

If the thieves' tools are masterwork, maybe the dagger is, too.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-01, 11:54 AM
I expect Bridget is pretty confident about her ability to deal with any single person, using her sorcerer's power to beguile.

And I guess it really is tempting to kill Blackerly before we finish escaping. That's one reason why Sirin went along with Bridget's suggestion. :smallsmile:


Lost Demiurge: May I ask if the dagger Sirin got from Tiadora's veil is masterwork?

If the thieves' tools are masterwork, maybe the dagger is, too.

The dagger, sadly, is not masterworked.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-03, 11:32 AM
Alright, so Sirin's searching the desk. Is anyone else doing anything while this is going on?

Angstrom
2012-12-03, 02:06 PM
Bridget will listen at the door leading to the courtyard.
Ready Dancing Lights as a signal if she hears anything.
Perception: [roll0]

Morbis Meh
2012-12-04, 12:14 AM
Nana Jodi will simply ready mage hand to choke out anyone who comes by foolish enough to open their mouth!

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-07, 01:02 PM
Oh, for crying out... Could someone puppet Silas, please? Sjurd's probably out doing holiday stuff...

Morbis Meh
2012-12-07, 01:08 PM
Sure I will do so give me a moment... dang mythweavers only working on my phone...

Frivolous
2012-12-07, 01:35 PM
Thanks for acting on behalf of Sjurd, MM.

I was willing to wait longer, but I'm glad that I don't have to, especially in combat.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-07, 01:39 PM
He's a barbarian, a class even more straight forward than a fighter: Step 1- Get mad, Step 2: Take out frustration via a large pointed object on the unfortunate soul closest to you until they stop twitching. Truth be told usually when LD request someone puppet I usually do it... I am like his trained monkey or something... or maybe he has the power to hypnotize over the internet :smalleek:

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-07, 03:47 PM
I have no clueSilence, minion!what you're talking about. Fnord.

Frivolous
2012-12-08, 04:46 AM
Well, crap. Sirin just provoked an attack of opportunity.

Actually, I think this may be my first. :smallbiggrin:

At least her AC is not too bad, now that she is wearing a chain shirt.

Edit: In retrospect, trying to do Acrobatics instead of just waiting for Marthras and Silas and Grumblejack to kill the guard was stupid.

This is probably why I never did a Tumble or Acrobatics maneuver before. I should listen to myself more often. :smallwink:

Lost Demiurge: The door to the north is a double door. May I ask how wide such a door is?

I was wondering if Sirin's action was moving through a threatened area or moving through an enemy's space.

Either way, she almost certainly failed with an 8. But I'm curious anyway.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-10, 12:26 PM
Fortunately, Bridget's daze took effect before your attempt. I believe that rules out an AoO.

Frivolous
2012-12-10, 12:37 PM
Hurray!

Must remember not to try to do Acrobatics again. I read accounts and anecdotes of people using Acrobatics or Tumble to avoid, and they make it look so easy.

In other news, I wonder where Sjurd is. Hasn't logged on since December 5.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-13, 10:38 AM
Alright... Fair warning, folks! My wife and I are going to be busy this weekend, as she is having her labor induced tomorrow. So I'm probably gonna vanish for a while, likely the entirety of the weekend.

So if things get quiet, don't be alarmed. I'll be back eventually.

Frivolous
2012-12-13, 10:58 AM
Oh wow. Massive good luck to your wife, the baby or babies, and to you, Lost Demiurge.:smallsmile:

My cousin had her own baby recently under trying circumstances so I feel for you right now. Please be assured your family has my earnest and intense good wishes.

Starbin
2012-12-13, 12:00 PM
What a funny one ... "gone for the weekend." Heh, seriously, next post tomorrow night? I've seen a sitcom or two and KNOW that it can't take longer than a half hour during prime time ... and that's with commercials!

Seriously, good luck and take your time ... Real Life first, then Make-Believe Life. Even us lurkers can wait for your triumphant return!

Frivolous
2012-12-17, 08:12 AM
Hope Lost Demiurge's family are all alright and the baby is fine. :smallsmile:

In other news, I wonder what happened to Angstrom.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-17, 09:16 AM
Hope Lost Demiurge's family are all alright and the baby is fine. :smallsmile:

In other news, I wonder what happened to Angstrom.

He has decided to brave the ether and search for Sjurd :smallwink:

Angstrom
2012-12-17, 12:02 PM
My travels through the void turned up no sign of Sjurd. I had a crazy weekend with holiday gatherings one after the other.

My thoughts are with LD, I hope his family is happy and healthy.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-17, 12:38 PM
Back! Wife and daughter are doing fine!

Alright, let's see where we are... Starbin, here's a question... Would you like to puppet Silas for now until we can get to a point where we can introduce new characters?

Now that both front-liners are out, you're probably gonna be replacing one anyway... :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2012-12-17, 12:40 PM
Yay for a healthy family, I wish you luck and I hope you realise your time for tea parties and tiara's is nigh!

Angstrom
2012-12-17, 12:55 PM
Congratulations LD and all the best to your family.

Frivolous
2012-12-17, 01:08 PM
Yay! Massive congratulations, LD. :smallbiggrin:

I am so very happy for you, your wife, and your beautiful new daughter.

Starbin
2012-12-17, 04:17 PM
Sure ... I think I can cover down on a half-orc barbarian, interestingly enough :smallbiggrin:

Morbis Meh
2012-12-17, 04:25 PM
Sure ... I think I can cover down on a half-orc barbarian, interestingly enough :smallbiggrin:

Oh really? I don't know if you will be able to cope without your half orc Oracle sidekick

Starbin
2012-12-17, 04:29 PM
Well, this one doesn't seem as reliant on alcohol to cope, and perhaps a little less cliche than Scrog er, Krog. Oh, and forgot to say congrats on the latest addition, LD!

Frivolous
2012-12-17, 08:01 PM
I won't be able to post until later, partly because I have to go out soon and partly because I'm not sure what best to do.

Combat tactics aren't my forte. :smallsmile:

Starbin
2012-12-17, 08:13 PM
Well, if it helps, Silas called for you to help at the door ...:smallbiggrin:

Finkmilkana
2012-12-17, 10:26 PM
Congratulations from my side too.


Now that both front-liners are out, you're probably gonna be replacing one anyway... :smallbiggrin:

Actually, I'm more of an frontliner than the dead Paladin was, so my arrows might not proof to be very efficient.

Frivolous
2012-12-25, 01:09 AM
Drat it, that's twice the Perception roll didn't work on me.

Let me try a third time: Perception: [roll0]

Finkmilkana
2012-12-25, 05:34 AM
I guess you don't really need the perception check to notice the two guards standing next to you, drawing steal.

Frivolous
2012-12-25, 10:44 AM
Thanks, Finkmilkana. I didn't notice that.

Lost Demiurge, mind if I amend my post to reflect that Sirin and Silas are in melee?

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-25, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Finkmilkana. I didn't notice that.

Lost Demiurge, mind if I amend my post to reflect that Sirin and Silas are in melee?

Go right ahead!

Starbin
2012-12-26, 11:40 AM
Recommend that Silas try flank that guard if he can and maybe enter rage. Never played barbarian so not sure if now is a good time.

:smallsigh:

I must suck. With a barbarian/rogue in a similar wicked game ... and a barbarian submitted for this game ... and playing a barbarian in a game with you, Frivolous, I have failed to give you confidence in my ability to unravel the mystery that is Silas.


Since I plan on entering a rage almost immediately for every single fight, it is easier to list my rage statistics rather than my base statistics.

Hmmm. A barbarian. Who rages. That's a twist, but I think I've got a plan

:smallsmile: Silly one, I'll figure it out!

(totally joking ... no rancor, but it was a head scratcher moment :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2012-12-26, 12:09 PM
Sorry. I just really don't know when is the proper time to enter rage. It's a timing thing that totally eludes me, which is one reason I never played barbarian yet.

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-26, 12:10 PM
Looks like we're waiting on Morbis and Angstrom. It's the holidays, so I'm not too concerned.

WHenever you can, guys, go ahead and post. We'll wait a few days if needed.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-26, 10:04 PM
I will post tomorrow still hanging with my family, I hope all of you had a wonderful christmas/cthulhumas

Angstrom
2012-12-27, 01:06 AM
Yeah, yuletide activities were keeping me away from technology.

Finkmilkana
2012-12-28, 12:48 AM
As it seems Morbis Meh is still busy, should someone maybe puppeteer her?

Frivolous
2012-12-29, 04:00 PM
I don't remember the last time I was ever so lucky in rolling combat, and Sirin is pretty awful at melee, so her luck is astonishing to me.

This third roll might not be a hit, though, especially if there is no flank available. I suspect Blackerley's AC is higher than his guards' were.

Lost Demiurge: May I ask if any PC can see where Grumblejack is and what he is doing?

Lost Demiurge
2012-12-29, 05:45 PM
Oh yes, Nana Jodi can easily see Grumblejack killing the sleeping guards below. Everyone else, no. The angle's bad, and you're a bit busy up on the roof.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-30, 03:36 AM
As it seems Morbis Meh is still busy, should someone maybe puppeteer her?

Did I suddenly grow lady bits!?!?! My my my, my fiancee may be getting a massive surprise later :smallbiggrin:

Frivolous
2013-01-02, 07:53 PM
What are the good actions to pursue when the enemy is singular, humanoid, and unable to act for a round?

Would any of them provoke an attack of opportunity in this particular case?

What would be involved in pushing that opponent off the wall or down the hatch?

How close is Blackerley to the hatch that leads down to Grumblejack?

Finkmilkana
2013-01-02, 08:19 PM
It would still require a normal bullrush btw grapple/pin. Dazed he can't take actions but defend himself normal.

Angstrom
2013-01-03, 02:56 AM
Dropping him into the negatives will work just fine. I assume Grumblejack is still outside coup de gracing the sleeping guards.

Starbin
2013-01-04, 01:44 PM
Woof ... Sorry, even in NPCing, I got him killed! Been in the world of the non-wireless, so my apologies! Here's hoping Silas' death was more plot device than piss-poor playing on my part!

Angstrom
2013-01-06, 01:10 PM
Not that Bridget even knows about Blackerly's embezzling, but I'm wondering if the ledgers contain Blackerly's home address or something of the sort. Worth coming back for perhaps.

There's also the issue of getting Grumblejack out of the city, if we even bother trying. Personally, Bridget's going to want to head to the docks, and charm a guy into taking us on a nice evening cruise out of the city. Getting out of these prison rags is a priority if that plan is going to work.

Frivolous
2013-01-06, 01:23 PM
Bridget can have the green cloak Sirin is currently wearing. It should do until we can steal clothes hanging on a wash line or something.

Sirin did mention about Blackerley's embezzling out loud a few times. But it's possible Bridget didn't overhear it. We were all so busy after all.

If we can get a wagon and horses, Grumblejack can lie down in the wagon and we can conceal him with a tarpaulin or something.

Starbin
2013-01-06, 01:26 PM
Assuming he decides to stay with you, of course. You may have just earned a 'phone-a-friend' option for later.

Frivolous
2013-01-06, 01:39 PM
Sirin wants to keep Grumblejack.

It would be like having her own bipedal man-eating elephant. Lots better than a pony.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-10, 10:03 AM
@Starbin: No worries. Silas had to die at some point so your own character could take his place. We'll introduce you when the team gets to the mysterious mansion.

Starbin
2013-01-10, 10:24 AM
Copy that ... I was just hoping it wasn't because I hadn't been posting over the holidays. Plot device - cool! Player failure - not so cool.

I await with batty breath (cuz bated breath is over-rated and smells like mint).

Morbis Meh
2013-01-10, 10:34 AM
Well as far as I can tell we're moving out so unless we alert the entire city guard we should be getting there relatively soon... just need to think of a good cover story to get us out of here, tis the strongsuit of this character. Also LD, what time of the year is it? I just had an idea, it is night so i could find some horse droppings and rub it on grumblejack then tell the guards that we're heading out to the neighboring farms to deliver fertilizer.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-10, 10:52 AM
Well as far as I can tell we're moving out so unless we alert the entire city guard we should be getting there relatively soon... just need to think of a good cover story to get us out of here, tis the strongsuit of this character. Also LD, what time of the year is it? I just had an idea, it is night so i could find some horse droppings and rub it on grumblejack then tell the guards that we're heading out to the neighboring farms to deliver fertilizer.

There's probably some fertilizer in the garden shed. Also I figure it's spring, somewhere around aprilish.

Morbis Meh
2013-01-10, 10:55 AM
There's probably some fertilizer in the garden shed. Also I figure it's spring, somewhere around aprilish.

Perfect it is a very feasible plan then, that is when a farmer would be seeding and thus fertilizing as well and since it is close to sunrise it is very feasible. I shall be posting IC with my plan shortly

Morbis Meh
2013-01-10, 01:44 PM
Sirin should sneak off and find some clothing for us... it would help immensly and there is bound to be an unraided clothes line somewhere... if not then we can always stop in a house and kill the occupants

Frivolous
2013-01-10, 01:54 PM
Lost Demiurge: Do the chain shirts cover the brands on Sirin and Marthras?

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-10, 02:18 PM
Lost Demiurge: Do the chain shirts cover the brands on Sirin and Marthras?

Being as the brands are on the arms and these are chain shirts, nope.

Morbis Meh
2013-01-10, 02:55 PM
Simple solution: cover them up with horse poop then they won't be noticed and will smell the part.

Angstrom
2013-01-10, 07:09 PM
No charm person needed. Do we fast-forward to Starbin joining the party when we arrive at the manor or will it be hard to find the place?

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-11, 09:49 AM
No charm person needed. Do we fast-forward to Starbin joining the party when we arrive at the manor or will it be hard to find the place?

It won't be hard at all. Give me a bit to dig out the text, and we'll proceed once I've got the matter sorted.

Oh, by the way, everyone can level up to 2 in the meantime...

Frivolous
2013-01-11, 10:01 AM
It won't be hard at all. Give me a bit to dig out the text, and we'll proceed once I've got the matter sorted.

Oh, by the way, everyone can level up to 2 in the meantime...


Hurray! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Please please please give me good hit points, dice roller...

Hit Points: [roll0]

Edit: Oh well. Raised to half as per DM instructions. So that's 4 + 2 for high Constitution.

New total 15.

Finkmilkana
2013-01-11, 10:10 AM
Rolling HP: [roll0]

Well, half is half

Morbis Meh
2013-01-11, 10:55 AM
Excellent... now the fun can really begin and Nana Jodi will become a debuff powerhouse...

[roll0]
sigh looks like it is a 4 no matter!

Frivolous
2013-01-11, 11:08 AM
For Sirin's first rogue talent I am thinking of getting Finesse Rogue. Good or bad idea?

Since this is my first rogue character in Pathfinder, I welcome advice on what to get.

In other news, maybe if we sacrifice a puppy to the GitP dice roller, it will give us better hit points next time we level. :smallwink:

Morbis Meh
2013-01-11, 11:11 AM
For Sirin's first rogue talent I am thinking of getting Finesse Rogue. Good or bad idea?

Since this is my first rogue character in Pathfinder, I welcome advice on what to get.

In other news, maybe if we sacrifice a puppy to the GitP dice roller, it will give us better hit points next time we level. :smallwink:

...I have already run out of puppies and kitties :smallamused:

As for your question it would really depend what you want with the character, finesse rogue is a great choice if you want to hit in melee but you could always do ranged it is up to you ultimately but if you want to poke things with a sharp metal rod... weapon finesse is a must.

Starbin
2013-01-11, 11:40 AM
Well, word is that I get to level, too! Whee!

"PUPPIES FOR THE DICE GODS!" [roll0]

edit: whew ...

PS - got my character updated here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14144297&postcount=31), but have changed the name since I've got entirely TOO many characters with a name that starts with K (Morbis Meh / Frivolous, the original name was Krehl - I don't need Down Comforter finding out about yet another monosyllabic half-orc name and accidentally calling Krog by it!).

Let's go with Rekker (I'll update the details on mythweavers when I get home).

Lost Demiurge, I originally had a trait to gain Disable Device (trying to improve his usefulness), but with Sirin as the resident expert, would changing the trait to regain Surival be a better option?

Angstrom
2013-01-11, 11:44 AM
[roll0]

My allergies prevent me from keeping any kittens around.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-11, 12:37 PM
Well, word is that I get to level, too! Whee!

"PUPPIES FOR THE DICE GODS!" [roll0]

edit: whew ...

PS - got my character updated here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14144297&postcount=31), but have changed the name since I've got entirely TOO many characters with a name that starts with K (Morbis Meh / Frivolous, the original name was Krehl - I don't need Down Comforter finding out about yet another monosyllabic half-orc name and accidentally calling Krog by it!).

Let's go with Rekker (I'll update the details on mythweavers when I get home).

Lost Demiurge, I originally had a trait to gain Disable Device (trying to improve his usefulness), but with Sirin as the resident expert, would changing the trait to regain Surival be a better option?


If you want to change traits, I'll allow it. You're not technically THERE yet, so any minor adjustments are best done now.

Starbin
2013-01-11, 12:39 PM
Okay ... well, hopefully I won't regret not being able to pick a lock, so I'll swap to a Survival trait ...

Morbis Meh
2013-01-11, 01:09 PM
PS - got my character updated here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14144297&postcount=31), but have changed the name since I've got entirely TOO many characters with a name that starts with K (Morbis Meh / Frivolous, the original name was Krehl - I don't need Down Comforter finding out about yet another monosyllabic half-orc name and accidentally calling Krog by it!).


I would be highly amused if LD by some miracle/misfortune still ended up calling him Scrag or Scrog hehehe I would recommend survival I don't think anyone has that skill and it would certainly be useful.

Frivolous
2013-01-11, 01:09 PM
Okay ... well, hopefully I won't regret not being able to pick a lock, so I'll swap to a Survival trait ...

I don't think you'll regret.

Bridget has Disable Device. So far Marthras is the only PC with Survival.

Starbin
2013-01-11, 01:11 PM
Done and done ...

Morbis Meh
2013-01-11, 01:27 PM
Is it wrong that I want this house? If by some fluke that I have the choice, not likely, and the funds, definitely not likely, I would decorate my house in a similar manner... Yep as for skills we're pretty much double up in everything, 2 faces, 2 trap monkies, 2 or 3 arcane knowledgers and now two survivalists.

Frivolous
2013-01-11, 01:39 PM
*really embarrassed*

Lost Demiurge, may I ask if you had a rule that gave everyone an extra feat at creation?

Because if you did not (and I cannot find any note to that effect in the recruiting thread), then Sirin has one too many feats.

If that is an error, please accept my apologies. I play Human too often.

If that is an error, I will remove Great Fortitude (which has never been used, since no Fortitude saves yet) and just take it again later.

Very sorry again.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-11, 02:03 PM
Oh, marthras had survival? I missed that! Probably better than Grumblejack's meager +3... Ah well, then your inquisitor was your guide through the swamp, with the ogre assisting. (No biggie since it was an interlude anyway.)

Frivolous, I had no such rule. But your apology is accepted, hey, mistakes happen. Go ahead and remove great fortitude for now.

Frivolous
2013-01-11, 02:05 PM
Thanks, LD.

I feel really stupid for overlooking that little detail for so long.

Finkmilkana
2013-01-13, 01:09 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Frivolous
2013-01-13, 01:09 PM
Hello, all. I've updated Sirin's sheet. Made a mistake earlier: Her Constitution is only 12, so her hit point bonus is only +1.

Added 1 more HP via Favored Class bonus, though, so now she is at HP 15 at 2nd level.

Total hit points: 15 (raised from 9)
Total skill points: 19 (raised from 10)

Angstrom
2013-01-13, 04:29 PM
I missed a lot there, so I hope that covered everything. Bridget is horrified by the idea of being controlled by another, but believes Thorn's threats. Any illusions she still had about the others being just petty criminals are pretty much gone now; now its just a matter of coming to respect the other Forsaken.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-13, 05:45 PM
yep, that about covers it Angstrom!

Anyway, Starbin, you're up! Good time to introduce yourself IC...

Starbin
2013-01-13, 06:44 PM
Dang y'all and your weekend posting - this definitely is an EVIL game!

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-13, 08:30 PM
Dang y'all and your weekend posting - this definitely is an EVIL game!

Oh, you have no idea. This game leaves the toilet seat UP, and doesn't wash its hands! Muahahhahahaha!!!

Frivolous
2013-01-13, 08:34 PM
Just FYI, I believe that signing the pact automatically forfeits Sirin her religion trait. It applies only to followers of Norgorber and is lost when she changes allegiances.

What does LD say?

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-13, 08:48 PM
Just FYI, I believe that signing the pact automatically forfeits Sirin her religion trait. It applies only to followers of Norgorber and is lost when she changes allegiances.

What does LD say?

Yep, that's how it goes.

Mind you, given that this adventure is a little railroady, I'm willing to let you swap it out with another trait for Sirin.

The Cardinal's pretty serious about that no loose ends thing.

Frivolous
2013-01-13, 08:49 PM
I understand. It's the Evil thing to do. Mwahahahaha!

I just feel a little stupid for picking Norgorber now.

Lost Demiurge
2013-01-13, 09:51 PM
I understand. It's the Evil thing to do. Mwahahahaha!

I just feel a little stupid for picking Norgorber now.

::Shrugs:: hey, you didn't know that there was an Asmodean evil high priest behind this whole deal when you signed on. In another story, your Norgorber ties could've been helpful.

Starbin
2013-01-14, 11:54 AM
I post in the next couple of hours ... work is kicking my big brown ba-hookey!

Frivolous
2013-01-16, 12:10 PM
By the way, we did pick up a chain mail and a masterwork longsword and some other gear from Blackerly.

The only PC who can use the longsword is, I believe, Rekker.

However, so far no one has claimed the chain mail.

Edit: Maybe to Marthras? Sirin did suggest that.