PDA

View Full Version : Binder DCs

Dayaz
2012-10-31, 02:43 AM
So, i was looking at the binder tonight at my dm's place, and I noticed two or more of the Vestiges had abilities that had a save involved, but never mentioned the dc was. I'm talking about the Earth Elemental one, and the Assassin on that gives you death attack.

Anyone know what these DC's would be?

blackspeeker
2012-10-31, 03:24 AM
Off the top of my head I am pretty sure that Binder DC's are 10+ 1/2 binder level+ Charisma modifier.

But my group where I'm playing a binder hasn't met for a good bit and I dont have the book handy.

Psyren
2012-10-31, 06:37 AM
Off the top of my head I am pretty sure that Binder DC's are 10+ 1/2 binder level+ Charisma modifier.

This is correct (though it's effective binder level.) You'll find it on ToM pg. 19.

The "effective" matters with a handful of effects, e.g. Favored Vestige, that let you exceed your actual binder level.

Arcanist
2012-10-31, 06:40 AM

But my group where I'm playing a binder hasn't met for a good bit and I dont have the book handy.

That is exactly it :smallbiggrin:

Confirmed: Psyren is an Erudite 3 / Ninja /3 Psionic Trickster/10 :smalltongue:

Psyren
2012-10-31, 07:36 AM
Confirmed: Psyren is an Erudite 3 / Ninja /3 Psionic Trickster/10 :smalltongue:

1) :smallredface:
2) Eww, ninja :smalltongue: I'm a psyrogue!
3) Truefax: There is an actual Psionic Trickster (in CSco) but it's only 3 levels long.

Arcanist
2012-10-31, 07:49 AM
1) :smallredface:
2) Eww, ninja :smalltongue: I'm a psyrogue!
3) Truefax: There is an actual Psionic Trickster (in CSco) but it's only 3 levels long.

1) OH GOD! YOUR BLEEDING! *Heal on yo face* :smalltongue:
2) but, but... You lose your 9th level manifesting! :smalleek:
3) Never heard of that :smallconfused:

Psyren
2012-10-31, 08:17 AM
It's the psionic adaptation of the Magical Trickster. Unlike most adaptations, this one is pretty much fully fleshed-out.

Also, as I'm fond of saying, 9ths don't matter as much for psionics. For example, a Psychic Rogue can get an Astral Construct IX, Dominate Monster, Heightened Fireball etc. just as easily as a Psion can.

Anyhow, that's enough derail for one morning :smalltongue: So yeah, Binders, or something.

Arcanist
2012-10-31, 08:31 AM
It's the psionic adaptation of the Magical Trickster. Unlike most adaptations, this one is pretty much fully fleshed-out.

Also, as I'm fond of saying, 9ths don't matter as much for psionics. For example, a Psychic Rogue can get an Astral Construct IX, Dominate Monster, Heightened Fireball etc. just as easily as a Psion can.

Hmm... I like Psionic adaptations of classes :smalltongue:

I cannot get out of the mindset that "9ths = God tier" since I'm always used to playing Arcane Spellcasters and Divine Theurgist :smallsigh:

Anyhow, that's enough derail for one morning :smalltongue: So yeah, Binders, or something.

The thread topic was already answered (and in record time). So yeah! ARCANIST! AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

blackspeeker
2012-10-31, 01:23 PM
This is correct (though it's effective binder level.) You'll find it on ToM pg. 19.

The "effective" matters with a handful of effects, e.g. Favored Vestige, that let you exceed your actual binder level.

Gah! Missed it by that much!

curses