PDA

View Full Version : Immovable Objects and Unstoppable Forces

LanSlyde
2012-10-31, 01:36 PM
So I've been trying to work out a decent Warforged Juggernaut, but I am having trouble fleshing out the upper levels.

So far I have Warforged Paladin 3/ Warforged Fighter 2/ Juggernaut5/ Witchslayer 2/.

Im trying to decide what to throw in those last 8 levels. But no matter how much I look nothing really appeals to me. The concept I had for this guy was exactly what the title says. Shifting between an immovable bulwark of defense and an unrelenting force of offense. I'm pretty sure I have the offense down, but I as I said, I'm stuck with the last few levels.

Any suggestions?

Also of note, for purposes beyond my understanding this thing cannot take anything that offers spellcasting progression. The Paladin was accepted because I moved on before it gained access to spells.

Feats are gained at 1st, 2nd, and every other level:
(1) Adamantine Body (Required for Juggernaut)

(2) Power Attack (Same)

(4) Improved Bull Rush (Same)

(F1) Weapon Focus: Armor Spikes (Required for Axespike Style)

(F2) Jaws of Death (Used a Warforged Substitution level to acquire, because nomming on fleshies is fun.)

(6) Axespike Style (So I can effectively use my AS outside grapples and BRs)

(J1) Powerfull Charge: (Bonus)

(8) Second Slam (Because I have a theme I am playing to.)

(10) Shocking Fist (Same a 2nd Slam)

(J5) Greater Powerful Charge (Bonus)

Thats as far as I have gotten, it could be the lack of sleep, but my brain is not working right now.

docnessuno
2012-10-31, 02:09 PM
For the inamovable force: Dwarven defender or, even better, the ToB variant.
You can qualify for dwarven PRCs as a warforged with a short PRC in RoS.
With a 2-level dip in from the same book you can use Con modifier for AC instead of Dex (arguably not hindered by max Dex bonus).

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-31, 02:13 PM
OA has some abilities that make you genuinely immovable for a bit. One of the tattooed monk's tats does it too; the mountain, I think. Just remember that if you're going to be immovable that you should either be in a bottleneck or have a decent reach.

BowStreetRunner
2012-10-31, 02:37 PM
First off, if you really like the Paladin class but need out of the spellcasting progression, there are ACFs in both Complete Champion and Complete Warrior that replace the spellcasting ability with bonus feats or other abilities. So with those you would have the option to return to that class.

Crusader could also be a nice option, particularly since your other 12 levels will give you 6 levels of initiator to stack with the Crusader levels - meaning your 1st level of crusader will count as your 7th initiator level, giving you access to 4th level maneuvers. Crusader is very good at doing both the bulwark of defense thing as well as powerful offensive options.

8 levels of Crusader will get you Steely Resolve 15, which is a delayed damage pool that puts 15 damage each round off until the next round, and nets you a bonus of up to +3 on attack and damage rolls as long as your damage pool is full. You pick up another Smite, a re-roll on a save once per day, and 8 maneuvers and 3 stances, including up to 2 maneuvers and one stance of up to 7th level.

Diovid
2012-10-31, 04:06 PM
Something like Paladin 3 / Stoneblessed 3 (Dwarf) / Deepwarden 2 / Warforged 5 / Witch Slayer 2 / Kensai 5 isn't bad, quite Con-SAD. Getting all feats is a challenge though. I assume you take the 2nd and 3rd Warforged Paladin substitution levels?

LanSlyde
2012-10-31, 07:27 PM
Hmm, good ideas thus far. But what do you think about mixing in some
Dungeon Crasher Fighter?

I figure tacking it on the end would be a nice way to round things out.

Arcanist
2012-10-31, 07:30 PM
Two words: Shock. Trooper. :smallamused:

Turn that Immovable Object into an Unstoppable Force REAL easy :smallamused:

LanSlyde
2012-10-31, 07:36 PM
Two words: Shock. Trooper. :smallamused:

Turn that Immovable Object into an Unstoppable Force REAL easy :smallamused:

Already ahead of you. Now I just need to figure out the costs for translating everything in the MIC into warforged components.

EDIT: No really, I can't seem to find any rules governing the creation of warforged components. Can I just go ahead and refluff items as components and call it a day or what? Found it, I can just port them. :smallamused:

Arcanist
2012-10-31, 07:52 PM
Already ahead of you. Now I just need to figure out the costs for translating everything in the MIC into warforged components.

It's the exact same price, just embed it into the Warforged. Allow me to quote the ECS :smallsmile:

Any character capable of creating magic items can make the same magic item as a Warforged component and any Warforged character can capable of using a magic item can use the same item as a Warforged component

So really, all you need to do is just say it is built into you and it is. Pretty neat feature the Warforged have really.