PDA

View Full Version : Using Bonded Magical Items for Twinned Weapons?

Reaper_Monkey
2012-11-01, 03:31 AM
Hey, I just stumbled across the Bonded Magic Items rules in the Dungeon Masters Guide II (after it being mentioned in another thread) and it looks to be really handy for a game I'm about to join. The problem is that I want to use Two-Weapon Fighting and have twinned weapons, and you can't bond with two items at the same time (you lose all the enchants from any previous bondings if you bond with a new item).

Does anyone know of anyway to bond with a pair of items at once? Or at least some way in which the items can be improved together in a similar way to these rules?

Reaper_Monkey
2012-11-02, 05:15 AM
Okay, clearly there's no official means of bonding with a set of items instead of just one item. Which sucks unless I can use diplomacy on my DM to convince them to houserule that detail - as having only one of your twinned items be bonded (and the other enchanted normally) just doesn't make sense.

So, is there anyway of limiting a weapons enchantments to function only for one person though? Also, is there another way in which a magical item can be improved overtime without having to drop it off at a magic shop (short of being a wizard and doing it yourself)?

Darrin
2012-11-02, 05:41 AM
Does anyone know of anyway to bond with a pair of items at once? Or at least some way in which the items can be improved together in a similar way to these rules?

Can you refluff to use a double weapon? That's one item that can be used for TWF.

Socratov
2012-11-02, 07:25 AM
refluff as if the 'twinned' weapons are connected through a chain making it one weapon, albeit TWFable... and I'd invest in CHA items and use diplomacy on your DM, it shoudl help a great deal :smallamused: