PDA

View Full Version : Haduken?

starship1
2012-11-01, 08:16 AM
I have this idea for a build: Gestalt(some major houserules) thats monk/ranger/master thrower//warblade dip/ halfling paragon or whisperknife/bloodstorm blade

how do i throw my punches? poorly yuk yuk.

and can i TWF my two fists? do unarmed Strikes count as a light weapon?

can i acheive 16 D20 punches?

please help!

Cog
2012-11-01, 08:26 AM
I have this idea for a build: Gestalt(some major houserules) thats monk/ranger/master thrower//warblade dip/ halfling paragon or whisperknife/bloodstorm blade

Necklace of Natural Attacks, with the Throwing property. Talk to your DM to see how badly you need Returning. :smallcool:

Technically, no; you only have one unarmed strike that can be made with any part of your body (just like you have one greatsword, but can attack with the tip or the edge). There's a Barbarian variant somewhere that grants TWF for unarmed, and there's rules in other classes (for example, Kensai) that make it look like the designers thought you could TWF with unarmed strikes only. Getting past RAW, allowing TWF for unarmed is generally not unbalanced.

Not d20s, since those aren't on the weapon damage charts, but you can get pretty good. Search for a Monk handbook and you can find out what you need; generally, things that increase your size and things that effectively increase your size. Psionics is useful, here.

Edit: You say you've got 'some major houserules'. Before anybody can give more specific advice on your build, it'd be helpful to actually know what they are.

starship1
2012-11-01, 08:30 AM
Can double advance prestige classes in gestalt, "Dual" prestige classes are allowed. other than that not much

can i use bloodstorm blade's class feature to use Cleave and SnapKick? (OA) to do multiple attacks with each throw? does Palm throw allow me to throw 2 open palm strikes per attack?

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 08:48 AM
D&D Monks were kinda built like Ryu, with the Stunning Fists and the Ki Shots...

And of -course-, Tome of Battle does it better. Despite being one of the biggest reasons people don't like the book, the Desert Wind style is just what you want. Refluff some of it's techs (Hatchling's Flame all the way to Wyrm's Flame) as the various levels of Hadoken!

Plus, Unarmed Swordsage is a variant used so freakin much by people it may as well be the official class! Get a full Bab class on the side of your Gestalt and go full Unarmed Sword Sage for -all- the Punching!

For the rest of your Swordsage Maneuvers, Tiger Claw is good for SHORYUKEN with the Jump based techs, Setting Sun for Throws, a bit of Shadow Hand to get to use Shadow Blade for less MAD, and you can never go wrong getting Diamond Mind's Time Stands Still attack (which is even sexier on Full BAB and after powering up with the Flaming Blade Boosts).

Depending on the power level of the game, and how many bonus feats you needed, Fighter might be a pretty good fit for you for the other side. Lots of feats to take to make your Two Weapon Fighting Unarmed Damage as threatening as possible.

starship1
2012-11-01, 09:03 AM
When i said Haduken in the title i really just wanted to throw my punches.

i really dislike the TOB mechanics, the only reason for the warblade dip is to get into Bloodstorm blade..

could you please give examples of feats that would help me throw fists?

Exirtadorri
2012-11-01, 09:20 AM
Throw anything with a bag of zombie hands?

IdleMuse
2012-11-01, 09:53 AM
Kensai (CW) and the aforementioned Necklace of Natural Attacks are the only ways I know of to put the Throwing (and Returning) properties on natural weapons.

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 10:37 AM
I'm still not even entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing. Punching people at a distance? Or actually throwing his hands? It doesn't help that the original title was rather misleading. You could fluff a lot of things to work like this... I've certainly never considered doing this before, so sorry that my earlier post wasn't much help. Completely different wavelengths.

Psyren
2012-11-01, 10:44 AM
In Pathfinder Psionics, the Soulknife has an archetype that lets it replace its mindblade with ki-enhanced fists. They also, instead of being able to throw a mind blade, gain the ability to fire ki blasts from their palms that do identical damage to their unarmed strikes, including enhancements. ("Hadouken")

starship1
2012-11-01, 11:45 AM
hehe funneh.

this character is trying to use bloodstorm blade to "throw" his unarmed strikes

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 01:23 PM
hehe funneh.

After the Vow of Nudity and someone using a Warforged Monk as their own Iron Man Armor, I don't take anyone lightly anymore. Optimizers are -crazy-.

this character is trying to use bloodstorm blade to "throw" his unarmed strikes

That could still be interprited a lot of ways... I'm trying to assume you mean the character would punch in mid air, and then an enemy they'd have aimed the punch at gets hurt as if the character had dirrectly punched them...

In Pathfinder Psionics, the Soulknife has an archetype that lets it replace its mindblade with ki-enhanced fists. They also, instead of being able to throw a mind blade, gain the ability to fire ki blasts from their palms that do identical damage to their unarmed strikes, including enhancements. ("Hadouken")

See? I'm not the only person who sees Hadoken and thinks Street Figther, rather than throwing your fist.

starship1
2012-11-01, 01:29 PM
i was amused, i know he was serious.

thats what i sorta see, maybe i could fluff as "Airbending"?

but i want to ask: is this legal?

Cog
2012-11-01, 04:24 PM
but i want to ask: is this legal?
That depends on which 'this' you're referring to. Bloodstorm Blade alone isn't enough; it lets you treat thrown attacks as melee, but it still needs to have potentially been a thrown attack in the first place - you can throw a sword, and so BB lets you resolve that as if it where melee, but you can't throw an unarmed strike without some ability to let you do that; you'll need the Necklace or something similar.

Kane0
2012-11-01, 05:56 PM
1. Go Warlock.

2. Take the blast essence that does force damage and damages objects normally. Then the fire one when you can.

3. Take hideous blow (and homebrew it to actually work)

4. Find a way Get more punching attacks. If youre gestalting, get monk with flurry of blows or something.

The end result is kind of like the enlightened fist prestige class (flaming punches, IIRC) but gives you way more neat little things to do when not punching with flaming hands.

doko239
2012-11-01, 06:01 PM
If Pathfinder material is allowed, the Dragon Style (www.paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatFeats.html&hl=e7#table-style-feat) feat chain might be just what you're looking for.

Highlights:

- Can charge through difficult terrain and through allies

- Double STR bonus damage on first unarmed strike in a round, +1 1/2 on each other strike

- Can expend two uses of Stunning Fist to hit all enemies within a 15-foot cone with your unarmed strike.

Man on Fire
2012-11-01, 06:22 PM

please help!

This is not Hadouken, this is Rocket Punch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeMXV2zdZ18&feature=related)

Valdor
2012-11-01, 06:22 PM
If you are just looking to do unarmed damage over a distance, the Ring the Golden Bell feat from Dragon Compendium lets you attack at a range of 5ft+5ft per wis modifier that is usable number of times per day equal to 1+ wis bonus. You are able to deliever stunning fist with this or any other effect your fist may have.

Nkt sure how much that helps but it is all I really got.

The Redwolf
2012-11-01, 06:27 PM
This is not Hadouken, this is Rocket Punch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeMXV2zdZ18&feature=related)

What show was that and do they have an English Dub?

Malroth
2012-11-01, 06:32 PM
This looks like a job for a Warlock/Shou Desciple/hellfire warlock

INoKnowNames
2012-11-01, 07:28 PM

I know, right?

Venusaur
2012-11-01, 07:52 PM
Easiest way to do this is to dip a level in Cleric, and take the feats extend spell, persist spell, and DMM Persist spell. Then persist Blood wind from the spell compendium. You need to get 7 turn undead, so CHA boosts, nightsticks or extra turning are also needed.

EDIT: I didn't notice the range. Just get a wand and have a caster hit you up with it before every fight.