PDA

View Full Version : Happy Movember First!

Keld Denar
2012-11-01, 09:24 AM
Today is the first of Movember, AKA, Mustache November! Help raise awareness for prostate cancer while sporting a cool piece of facial fuzz! Don't die from embarrassment, get an annual physical with a prostate exam, especially if you are a high risk person (over 40, family history, etc).

Anyone else participating? My 'stache growing ability is limited, but that won't stop me. Solo 'stache SALUTE!

smellie_hippie
2012-11-01, 10:06 AM
I may not be participating in Movember... but I will be involved with Novembeard! :smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2012-11-01, 11:01 AM
Are you shaving clean today? I dunno how that works, but for Movember, you are supposed to shave clean on the 1st and then grow it out. That way all men go through that awkward growing in phase together. Solidarity!

Well, some of us go through that awkward growing in phase a bit longer than others...

Klose_the_Sith
2012-11-01, 11:31 AM
Where I live my main concern is just that this years wont live up to what happened last year. (http://au.movember.com/news/view/id/2536/category/local/)

I'm incapable of growing a moustache that isn't just scraggly hairs, but I have a semi-permanent goatee type thing these days and I generally try to eat at the local restaurants that get behind Movember. I also bought my dad a 'Mr. Mo' shirt one previous movember because it was clearly needed (http://pems.unsw.adfa.edu.au/staff/profiles/weber/rod_weber.jpg) ...

smellie_hippie
2012-11-01, 08:49 PM
Not shaving clean... I think my wife would yell or be embarrassed.

I will be keeping "clean" for work, but the beard will continue to flow!

HairyGuy4
2012-11-01, 09:44 PM
can grow a stash worth beans, and ive never heard of movember, but by George i will get a prostate exam just to say i helped. I will not shake the doctors hand after however.

AtlanteanTroll
2012-11-01, 09:47 PM
I'm doing No Shave, but my school's turned that into a charity. So ... I sort of am? Should have a pretty solid beard by the end of the month.

Malak'ai
2012-11-01, 10:13 PM
Already got a permanent 'stash and goatee anyway. Unfotunately here in NZ, Movember isn't officially reconized anymore. They changed the offical prostate support event to Blue September where men are encouraged to wear a (visable) item of clothing every day of the month. Very few people do though as they perfer Movember :smallbiggrin:.

Wyntonian
2012-11-01, 10:25 PM
I may not be participating in Movember... but I will be involved with Novembeard! :smallbiggrin:

Ooh, I like that!

ForzaFiori
2012-11-02, 12:49 AM
I keep a 'stache and goatee that's trimmed fairly short, but clean shaven cheeks. I cleaned it all up the night of the 31st, and won't touch any of it again (except to trim my mustache so it doesn't poke my mouth. I hate that. :smallannoyed:) until Dec. 1.