PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Madness/Trickery Cleric Optimization Help

fridaypup
2012-11-01, 09:56 AM
I am looking for help building a Madness/Trickery Domain cleric. My GM is allowing me to be unaffiliated in regards to gods, since he doesn't want me to be chaotic evil. I was considering using the nightmare sub-domain for madness. I was wondering what you your recommendations would be. Oh and I was thinking of using the kitsune race to help supplement the trickery options, potential huge bonus to disguise checks.

roguemetal
2012-11-01, 06:51 PM
What exactly are you trying to do with this cleric? If you intend to go the sneaky route being an inquisitor might be a better option. On the other hand if you just want a Cleric with the limited capability to do a few close-to-rogue tricks and instead focus on debuffs, (which isn't a bad option as you chose the Madness domain) then build your Cleric like any other. Reach Spell and Bouncing Spell would be useful as might Improved Initiative to get that jump on debuffing. Obviously you're going to be having Dex higher than Str since you want that trickery stuff, and you might consider taking a feat to lower your ACP. I think Mithrail Breastplate + Heavy Darkwood Shield and Armor Expert gets you 0 ACP... I forget the source of this last suggestion. Then just take multiple metamagic rods, and maybe a few dex boosting and wisdom boosting equipment. Feats like dodge, mobility, etc. will do you well, maybe good with some monk feats... there's one that causes a stun effect with a scaling DC that can be hard to beat when you Touch of Chaos them. Anyway, give more details if you want more concise suggestions. Your biggest issue will be MAD since you probably want Wis, Cha, Dex, Int... probably in that order too.

grarrrg
2012-11-01, 07:00 PM
I am looking for help building a Madness/Trickery Domain cleric. My GM is allowing me to be unaffiliated in regards to gods, since he doesn't want me to be chaotic evil.

??
Why would you have to be Chaotic Evil?
I assume you're referring to Lamashtu (http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Lamashtu), who is CE, but Clerics can be up to 1 step away Alignment-wise, so you could be CN or NE instead. You WOULD have to Channel Negative Energy though.

But forget about Lamashtu, there's a (probably) better option.
Sivanah (http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Sivanah), she's TN so any partial-Neutral Alignment is ok, and, being TN, that means you can choose if you want to Channel Positive or Negative.